FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Virus is just the flu ??

Virus is just the flu ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oey56 OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

The government practically saying so as much. When Johnson said that we should treat covid like the flu and learn to live with it. What people call the tin hat brigade said at the start of the pandemic. They shouldn't be called conspiracy theory any more just spoiler alerts. Then comes the miss direction now we're all focusing on the Russians ! ??

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

The time hat brigade didn't have the benefit of having the vast majority of the population vaccinated or of a weaker variant.

Hope this helps you understand how the world can change in two years

By *rivateyesCouple  over a year ago

Leighton Buzzard

" The government practically saying so as much. When Johnson said that we should treat covid like the flu and learn to live with it. What people call the tin hat brigade said at the start of the pandemic. They shouldn't be called conspiracy theory any more just spoiler alerts. Then comes the miss direction now we're all focusing on the Russians ! ??"

We aren’t conspiracy theorists by any stretch, I’ve said right from the start that there’s something they aren’t telling us, or more to it.

You don’t vaccinate an entire population because less than 0.05% will have a bad outcome.

Maybe, just maybe the vaccine was to protect everyone from what they knew the Russians are planning to unleash on the world.

In which case me and she who must be obeyed are proper fucked!

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

" The government practically saying so as much. When Johnson said that we should treat covid like the flu and learn to live with it. What people call the tin hat brigade said at the start of the pandemic. They shouldn't be called conspiracy theory any more just spoiler alerts. Then comes the miss direction now we're all focusing on the Russians ! ??"

Remember when it first struck 2 years ago? Can you recall it was a brutal strain that was killing shit loads of people?

Now we've got the equivalent of a flu as it's a different variant that's not eaten it's greens and got big and strong.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

" The government practically saying so as much. When Johnson said that we should treat covid like the flu and learn to live with it. What people call the tin hat brigade said at the start of the pandemic. They shouldn't be called conspiracy theory any more just spoiler alerts. Then comes the miss direction now we're all focusing on the Russians ! ??

We aren’t conspiracy theorists by any stretch, I’ve said right from the start that there’s something they aren’t telling us, or more to it.

You don’t vaccinate an entire population because less than 0.05% will have a bad outcome.

Maybe, just maybe the vaccine was to protect everyone from what they knew the Russians are planning to unleash on the world.

"

You are saying that you aren't conspiracy theorists, but then go on to express that you think that it's all a conspiracy "there’s something they aren’t telling us, or more to it.

You don’t vaccinate an entire population because less than 0.05% will have a bad outcome."

Cal

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

" The government practically saying so as much. When Johnson said that we should treat covid like the flu and learn to live with it. What people call the tin hat brigade said at the start of the pandemic. They shouldn't be called conspiracy theory any more just spoiler alerts. Then comes the miss direction now we're all focusing on the Russians ! ??

We aren’t conspiracy theorists by any stretch

"

Those two sentances contradict each other

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"

Irony.

Winston

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It wasn't "just flu" and still isn't flu

all around

"

You're right you don't vaccinate most of the population because 0.05% of the population will have a bad outcome

They did because 3%+ and increasing were dying, maybe you can't remember that far back

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It wasn't "just flu" and still isn't flu"

But should be treated like flu according to the Experts?

"The time hat brigade didn't have the benefit of having the vast majority of the population vaccinated or of a weaker variant.

"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It wasn't "just flu" and still isn't flu

But should be treated like flu according to the Experts?"

I was answering the OP who said he and other people were proved right because right from the start they said Covid is flu.

It isn't flu and never was.

because it always was its been one massive Hoax try to Google the season flu stats for past two years you won't find them thy been combined with Covid stats

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"The time hat brigade didn't have the benefit of having the vast majority of the population vaccinated or of a weaker variant.

"

This ^^

"because it always was its been one massive Hoax try to Google the season flu stats for past two years you won't find them thy been combined with Covid stats"

The thousands of dead people will be relieved it was just a hoax.

The Covid virus is not the flu. Never has been.

The message was simply that we learn to deal and live with Covid in the same way we do with the flu.

The message wasn't "covid is the flu".

Winston

By *tickyfingers.24Man  over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"because it always was its been one massive Hoax try to Google the season flu stats for past two years you won't find them thy been combined with Covid stats"

You lost friends, children and grandchildren to the flu?

How about to covid? If not, you've been really fucking lucky. I know people who've lost friends and family of all ages, youngest 21.

all around

"It wasn't "just flu" and still isn't flu

But should be treated like flu according to the Experts?"

That would mean, like the flu, if you've got it you stay at home until better and don't infect others and you should get an annual vaccine to help prevent the worst symptoms.

It's really not that difficult a concept....

If covid is a hoax (it isnt) its the world's best ever hoax.

How the governments and opposition party's from over 160 countries came together to perpetrate this hoax is beyond me.

To what aim?

I'm sure the family and friends of the 5,960,972 dead are reassured that this is just a hoax.

Hoax theory. Doesn't pass the sniff test.

Winston

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

[Removed by poster at 03/03/22 16:33:32]

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

Long Covid numbers are rising fast, especially in children.

Apart from it being horrific for those who are disabled by LC we cannot afford huge numbers of the population affected by LC long term. It will also have a huge effect on long term economic output.

We have to suppress Covid more.

We need to realise that disease morbidity is far more costly and damaging to an economy than mortality ( and that is in no way belittling those who have died from Covid- a lot of those deaths could have been prevented).

Leighton Buzzard

"

You're right you don't vaccinate most of the population because 0.05% of the population will have a bad outcome

They did because 3%+ and increasing were dying, maybe you can't remember that far back "

Where did you get 3%+ from? I’d check that if I were you.

Worldwide just short of 6 Million have died

World population stands at 7.9 Billion

Worldwide death rate therefore stands at 0.075%

It’s a very simple calculation. If you do the same math with the current UK death rate and the current population you will find it is as I said 0.05%

In my humble opinion not enough people have done these sums themselves, they have simply believed what the BBC and Boris have told them.

I have been doing them regularly since it started 2 years ago hence my stance on whether I need to have the jab(s) or not.

I say this without prejudice to anyone who believes the jabs have saved us, everyone has their own mind and deserves that to be respected.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

"

You don't work out death rate using the total population.

More worryingly is the rise of problems since being jabbed, just look on the government yellow card scheme on the website, very scary shit . Looking back at the start everyone was scared to death of catching covid, I know I was and same goes for my family . But to be told it’s just like the flu now, wow you couldn’t make it up, fucked the whole country up for flu . Businesses suffering some going bust , school kids having school ruined exams etc , and now the cost of living has rocketed , fuel prices hearing etc . Something stinks

"More worryingly is the rise of problems since being jabbed, just look on the government yellow card scheme on the website, very scary shit . Looking back at the start everyone was scared to death of catching covid, I know I was and same goes for my family . But to be told it’s just like the flu now, wow you couldn’t make it up, fucked the whole country up for flu . Businesses suffering some going bust , school kids having school ruined exams etc , and now the cost of living has rocketed , fuel prices hearing etc . Something stinks "

You need a better understanding of the purpose and data that comes out of the yellow card scheme.

Winston

"

They did because 3%+ and increasing were dying, maybe you can't remember that far back

It’s a very simple calculation. If you do the same math with the current UK death rate and the current population you will find it is as I said 0.05%

In my humble opinion not enough people have done these sums themselves, they have simply believed what the BBC and Boris have told them.

I have been doing them regularly since it started 2 years ago hence my stance on whether I need to have the jab(s) or not.

I say this without prejudice to anyone who believes the jabs have saved us, everyone has their own mind and deserves that to be respected. "

Your humble opinion v the opinion of experts in their field.

Easy choice.

Winston

Leighton Buzzard

"

You don't work out death rate using the total population. "

What?

Are you part of the government?

Here’s a suggested question for the national curriculum:

If I’ve got 7.9 Billion eggs and 6 Million of them are in a Chicken shed that gets completely and utterly flattened by an asteroid what percentage of eggs have perished ?

Answers on a postcard

Leighton Buzzard

"

I say this without prejudice to anyone who believes the jabs have saved us, everyone has their own mind and deserves that to be respected.

Easy choice.

Winston"

Winston, as you are very active in this forum and seven to have a lot to say, why is it that the figures given to people have historically been the hundreds of deaths each day and not the corresponding percentages?

All of the calculations I’ve been doing are 100% obtained from the ONS.

(Excluding those pertaining to world figures) which incidentally achieve very much similar results.

You’re clearly pro Covid and defensive of the way it’s been dealt with which as I said is fine, I completely respect that, but, only as long as that respect is reciprocated.

all around

"

I say this without prejudice to anyone who believes the jabs have saved us, everyone has their own mind and deserves that to be respected. "

No disrespect, and I'm sure you think you're right but you're not.

You can only work out the fatality rate using the people that actually caught it, and naturally this will be reducing as time passes due to the vaccine so the answer now is a lot lower it was in the first year before we had the vaccine and before the majority of infections were due to omicron.

The data is still there if you wish to confirm it as being 3%

In fact it's currently running at round 1.3% worldwide using today's worldometer figures

Hope this helps

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

What?

If I’ve got 7.9 Billion eggs and 6 Million of them are in a Chicken shed that gets completely and utterly flattened by an asteroid what percentage of eggs have perished ?

Answers on a postcard"

It isn't a maths question my over confident friend. It's a question of what is a useful measure.

Deaths per total population isn't very useful, because you lose insight on deadly a disease is.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"

What?

Answers on a postcard"

100% of the eggs in the shed

Right now, Boris has other things to worry about.

Such as how come names with a distinct Russian flavour, such as, "Boris" are suddenly being dropped?

Maybe it's all just a bit of de perfeffel?

"

Easy choice.

Winston

Winston, as you are very active in this forum and seven to have a lot to say, why is it that the figures given to people have historically been the hundreds of deaths each day and not the corresponding percentages?

All of the calculations I’ve been doing are 100% obtained from the ONS.

(Excluding those pertaining to world figures) which incidentally achieve very much similar results.

You’re clearly pro Covid and defensive of the way it’s been dealt with which as I said is fine, I completely respect that, but, only as long as that respect is reciprocated.

"

I'm not sure how you've extrapolated that I'm defensive of the way covid has been handled.

I do understand how some people can see numbers, percentages, statistics and not be able to interpret them correctly though.

Confirmation bias exists.

Winston

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

They tried that line in 2020. That went well diddnt it?

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

They tried that line in 2020. That went well diddnt it?

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

"

You can only work out the fatality rate using the people that actually caught it, and naturally this will be reducing as time passes due to the vaccine so the answer now is a lot lower it was in the first year before we had the vaccine and before the majority of infections were due to omicron.

In fact it's currently running at round 1.3% worldwide using today's worldometer figures

Hope this helps

"

I disagree. Like I said in a different thread

Take a step back to when Covid first hit. There was no testing and no-one knew 100% why or how many people died. We have a close relative who works in a care home and they had 11 residents on end of life care. Every single one of their deaths were put down to Covid, even though they were dying of something else and even though they were never tested for Covid. 11 people in 1 care home. How many more deaths in the UK care homes were registered in the same way. And let's not forget about the deaths from flu that same year which were registered as Covid and not flu.

Some people need to spend several years studying microbiology and virology. Zoology would be a good start, you can get the basics of predator prey dynamics down before going for the heavy stuff. At that point you can start having a valid opinion, until then thank your parents for giving you all the vaccines you were pumped with as a bairn that got you this far in the first place.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"

Hope this helps

Take a step back to when Covid first hit. There was no testing and no-one knew 100% why or how many people died. We have a close relative who works in a care home and they had 11 residents on end of life care. Every single one of their deaths were put down to Covid, even though they were dying of something else and even though they were never tested for Covid. 11 people in 1 care home. How many more deaths in the UK care homes were registered in the same way. And let's not forget about the deaths from flu that same year which were registered as Covid and not flu."

Covid stats are reported in different way. The headline stat is death within 28 days. So none of the deaths you mention would have been included. As you said virtually no testing was done at the beginning and we sending people who were ill from covid straight into care homes who had very little ppe and no vaccination protection. The actual death

rate from covid at that time will have been much higher than reported. The 3 main ways covid deaths are tracked are death within 28 days of a test, deaths mentioned on a death certificate and excess deaths. Until fairly they all tracked each other pretty well. The excess deaths are shrinking, because the normal level of death is worked out over the last 5 years and the figures are now skewed by the massive amount of deaths over the last 2 years. The 28 days was brought in because yes some people will die of none covid related things in that time but that is balanced with people who take longer than 28 days to die of covid, which is often the case with younger people.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Maybe should read flu is just another virus.

all around

"

Hope this helps

Take a step back to when Covid first hit. There was no testing and no-one knew 100% why or how many people died. We have a close relative who works in a care home and they had 11 residents on end of life care. Every single one of their deaths were put down to Covid, even though they were dying of something else and even though they were never tested for Covid. 11 people in 1 care home. How many more deaths in the UK care homes were registered in the same way. And let's not forget about the deaths from flu that same year which were registered as Covid and not flu."

Oh that old chestnut

Leighton Buzzard

"

What?

Answers on a postcard

It isn't a maths question my over confident friend. It's a question of what is a useful measure.

Deaths per total population isn't very useful, because you lose insight on deadly a disease is.

"

I do see your point but ….

That is a different equation with a different purpose and ultimately a different set of results.

I’m talking about the ultimate risk of morbidity. Whilst you may be right that 3% is the figure amongst all that have tested positive within 28days I myself am only interested is my overall risk factor which stands at 0.05%.

N.B.

From what you have indicated I would be very sceptical where the quoted figure of 3% is concerned for 1 reason:

If we are talking about deaths among all people that tested positive within 28 days that figure will be far far higher than 3% once you take out the element that did NOT die from covid but were, I don’t know, let’s say suffering with terminal cancer, or on another form of end of life care, or maybe just old. COVID may have been a factor but the vast majority have died because of their underlying medical complications.

Further N.B.

Also, I hope we can agree that in excess of 95% of the population is estimated to have now had covid in some form or another, which matches with the upper quartile the ONS use for all estimations. Which in turn would mean that the disparity in both of our arguments is closer than you would suggest, although you seem to think we are poles apart.

Total population 0.05%

95% population 3%+

Your argument is also assuming that 100% that are infected have tested and reported the result, we all know that is not the case by a long stretch.

P.S. I hope I am still your over confident “friend”

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"

What?

Answers on a postcard

That is a different equation with a different purpose and ultimately a different set of results.

I’m talking about the ultimate risk of morbidity. Whilst you may be right that 3% is the figure amongst all that have tested positive within 28days I myself am only interested is my overall risk factor which stands at 0.05%.

N.B.

From what you have indicated I would be very sceptical where the quoted figure of 3% is concerned for 1 reason:

If we are talking about deaths among all people that tested positive within 28 days that figure will be far far higher than 3% once you take out the element that did NOT die from covid but were, I don’t know, let’s say suffering with terminal cancer, or on another form of end of life care, or maybe just old. COVID may have been a factor but the vast majority have died because of their underlying medical complications.

Further N.B.

Also, I hope we can agree that in excess of 95% of the population is estimated to have now had covid in some form or another, which matches with the upper quartile the ONS use for all estimations. Which in turn would mean that the disparity in both of our arguments is closer than you would suggest, although you seem to think we are poles apart.

Total population 0.05%

95% population 3%+

Your argument is also assuming that 100% that are infected have tested and reported the result, we all know that is not the case by a long stretch.

"

I’m talking about the ultimate risk of morbidity. Whilst you may be right that 3% is the figure amongst all that have tested positive within 28days I myself am only interested is my overall risk factor which stands at 0.05%..

The big issue long term is neurological changes long term even with mild infections- acute Covid recovered patients have already been documented to be developing Alzheimer’s now. Milder cases are also causing brain changes. I honestly think the overall risk factor is higher than you think for morbidity.

The other risk is also successive infections- Covid really suppressed T and B cells, long term this could leave us more susceptible to other infections.

There are plenty long term studies of SARS1 survivors- whilst a more pathogenic disease- the morbidity rate after 10 years is alarming especially with neurological issues.

"

What?

Answers on a postcard

N.B.

Further N.B.

Total population 0.05%

95% population 3%+

"

Usual advice, ignore everything said before the word "but".

Winston

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The "government", such that it is has bumbled and bs'd its way thorough the entire pandemic.

If you listen to scientists, medics and public health experts you get a very consistent picture except for a very few outliers (as in any profession).

The chance of dying if you caught Covid (case fatality rate) for the UK in September 2020 was 0.76% and is now 0.26%

That is deaths, not severe and long term illness which flu does not give you.

The World was 2.27% and now 0.42%.

All of these figures ignore the early part of the pandemic when there were no treatments and little testing.

The average case fatality rate of flu is 0.1% (0.2% in a bad year)

The CFR for Covid in the UK is higher than the worst strain of flu and double that on average.

Also, these figures have mainly been achieved through very widespread vaccination and isolation and a much, much less deadly strain.

The "tin hatters" were utterly wrong. It is and was conspiracy theory that Covid has not been "real" or serious.

Whoever is claiming to understand the "basic maths" elsewhere in the thread is also utterly wrong because none of the statistics or understanding involved is "basic".

Russia invading Ukraine is not a "misdirection" it is a dictator's war which will have been contributed to by a leader isolated and inward looking due to his self-imposed Covid isolation because he knew just how serious an illness it was.

It is a convenient distraction for our politicians. BoJo is undeservedly lucky.

Leighton Buzzard

"

Winston"

I’m sure you probably meant AFTER the word “but”

however (not but) I’ll go along with you.

In future I’ll ignore everything said before the Winston bit.

Forget statistics they have been made up and manipulated since the end of WW2.

Not everything is black or white

Do you believe in the science or the scientists

One tells you COVID doesn’t exist the others lie through their teeth for their Research grants

COVID isn’t the biggest lie

There have been bigger “viruses”over the years that killed or were supposed to kill millions that have been proven to be wrong

all around

"

Winston

"

I think we should join the grown ups in the politics forum lol

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

flu does kill people , I was already given a vaccination against flu before Covid both cab be mild severe or deadly & are best avoided

"

Winston

"

I'm sure you're absolutely right.

Note to self, do not post when recovering from anaesthetic.

Winston

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I tend to agree with you. Well said, and how the narrative changed so quick to it’s a flu get on with life.

Good timing too - Just as the FDA released the first batch of the Pfizer vaccine safety trial data ordered by the judge - not pretty reading I must say. Over 1200 side effects and the FDA still approved it . Pfizer paid $2.8 million to FDA to approve. Collusion at its best! Truth is coming out so they park the scam covid for now at least and move the eyes on to Ukraine Russia where they will do more damage. If the truth got out about the jabs then those who took it will be extremely worried as Pfizer only knows what health effects this will have on people over the years to come.

Not quite how it works though is it… vaccinations, development and reduced virility of variants, better resilience. As for misdirection, death and war isn’t misdirection it’s real and shocking news. An example of misdirection would be reporting a few hundred immigrants crossing the channel like is a full scale invasion just a time the government are under pressure… plenty more examples to give too

"because it always was its been one massive Hoax try to Google the season flu stats for past two years you won't find them thy been combined with Covid stats

If covid is a hoax (it isnt) its the world's best ever hoax.

How the governments and opposition party's from over 160 countries came together to perpetrate this hoax is beyond me.

To what aim?

I'm sure the family and friends of the 5,960,972 dead are reassured that this is just a hoax.

Hoax theory. Doesn't pass the sniff test.

Winston"

It's easier to fool someone than convince them they have been fooled x

"More worryingly is the rise of problems since being jabbed, just look on the government yellow card scheme on the website, very scary shit . Looking back at the start everyone was scared to death of catching covid, I know I was and same goes for my family . But to be told it’s just like the flu now, wow you couldn’t make it up, fucked the whole country up for flu . Businesses suffering some going bust , school kids having school ruined exams etc , and now the cost of living has rocketed , fuel prices hearing etc . Something stinks

You need a better understanding of the purpose and data that comes out of the yellow card scheme.

Winston"

ignorance is bliss

"More worryingly is the rise of problems since being jabbed, just look on the government yellow card scheme on the website, very scary shit . Looking back at the start everyone was scared to death of catching covid, I know I was and same goes for my family . But to be told it’s just like the flu now, wow you couldn’t make it up, fucked the whole country up for flu . Businesses suffering some going bust , school kids having school ruined exams etc , and now the cost of living has rocketed , fuel prices hearing etc . Something stinks

Winston

ignorance is bliss "

You must be very very happy.

"

Take a step back to when Covid first hit. There was no testing and no-one knew 100% why or how many people died. We have a close relative who works in a care home and they had 11 residents on end of life care. Every single one of their deaths were put down to Covid, even though they were dying of something else and even though they were never tested for Covid. 11 people in 1 care home. How many more deaths in the UK care homes were registered in the same way. And let's not forget about the deaths from flu that same year which were registered as Covid and not flu.

Oh that old chestnut "

Again ignorance is bliss, ignore what scares you due to the reality of it but follow the main stream media as they always tell the truth