FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > What do you say to...

What do you say to...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

... a family member who refused vaccination, then went on a pub crawl last Saturday, caught COVID and most likely Omicron after banging on for weeks how the new 'cold' won't affect him much

He is now very ill..

The first 4 days, his employer was phoning and insisting he returned to work. Anyway, thats not happening now as taken a turn for the worst since.

His wife, a severe asthma sufferer has continued to share a bed with him, neither have worn masks in the presence of each other, windows have remained shut, then refused to test as she'd have to stay off work - today tested positive.

What do you say to them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I have no sympathy I work with someone who is not vaccinated & I dont think my employer should have employed him knowing he is not vaccinated, it puts sensible employees at more risk

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

" I hope you will get well soon "

By *ocket rocket 2021Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"I have no sympathy I work with someone who is not vaccinated & I dont think my employer should have employed him knowing he is not vaccinated, it puts sensible employees at more risk "

Ah so people who can't have the vaccine aren't sensible?

Longridge

"" I hope you will get well soon ""

Much appreciated but I'm fine thanks- have kept away..

I am struggling to find sympathy and is this the 'common sense' Boris wanted from the public in respect to his employer?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d say “I hope you feel better soon”

Longridge

Oh..

Well his mother and the rest of the family have told him he is a stupid prick!!

Bridgend

"I have no sympathy I work with someone who is not vaccinated & I dont think my employer should have employed him knowing he is not vaccinated, it puts sensible employees at more risk

Ah so people who can't have the vaccine aren't sensible? "

there is no reason he cant have the vaccine he is just an idiot

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

I hope they recover well. That's all that they need to be told. They need kindness, empathy and understanding.

By *aving_great_funMan  over a year ago

London

"I’d say “I hope you feel better soon” "

Exactly the same.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I hope they recover well. That's all that they need to be told. They need kindness, empathy and understanding.

"

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"... refused to test as she'd have to stay off work - today tested positive.

"

It is no longer a legal requirement to self isolate if you test positive

Leeds

"

The first 4 days, his employer was phoning and insisting he returned to work. "

I am baffled why an employer would want someone Covid positive coming into work

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"... a family member who refused vaccination, then went on a pub crawl last Saturday, caught COVID and most likely Omicron after banging on for weeks how the new 'cold' won't affect him much

He is now very ill..

The first 4 days, his employer was phoning and insisting he returned to work. Anyway, thats not happening now as taken a turn for the worst since.

His wife, a severe asthma sufferer has continued to share a bed with him, neither have worn masks in the presence of each other, windows have remained shut, then refused to test as she'd have to stay off work - today tested positive.

What do you say to them?"

You say ’im sorry you're I'll and not doing too well. Is there anything I can do to help? Do you need me to get anything for you? Medication etc? I hope you start to feel better soon'.

Anything negative or gloating is just dickish behaviour in my opinion.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"... a family member who refused vaccination, then went on a pub crawl last Saturday, caught COVID and most likely Omicron after banging on for weeks how the new 'cold' won't affect him much

He is now very ill..

When you say he’s very ill? What is that ?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

He is now very ill..

Hope you get well soon, if you need any shopping, let me know.

What else can you say.

Start lecturing someone it can become a peeing contest.

Hope they get better soon, had it ourselves, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I have a family member terminally ill with lung cancer after almost a lifetime of smoking rollups. She also beat cervical cancer in her 30's but carried on smoking until half of one lung got removed. She vapes now.

Guess what I say to her everyday?

Longridge

Very black n white..

They've had all the get well soon wishes, offers of support you'd expect.. not that heartless.

But, wouldn't be as ill as he is now if vaccinated. He didn't refuse for conspiracy reasons, he is medically fine to have had it but said he'll let others make the heard.

Don't know why people assume Covid has gone, it's very much still with us. So, to go out on a pub crawl, it was a certain he find exposure.

Extreme headaches, uncontrollable shivers and struggling with breathing. Certainly not the cold people say it will be.

Employers want you in work, it's no longer legal requirement, so why aren't you in. He's blocked bosses number, 3 calls a day demanding he goes in.

"I’d say “I hope you feel better soon”

Exactly the same."

Plus 1 for this

I say nothing more than I hope they are well. But then again I am not a judgemental ass and have no interest in other people's beliefs.

Leeds

Why do you think he was more certain to find exposure on a pub crawl than at work or on public transport ?

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

And on this weeks episode of things that didn’t happen…

Leeds

I don't think blocking your boss's number is a good move

Longridge

"Why do you think he was more certain to find exposure on a pub crawl than at work or on public transport ?"

As he drives to work and works in a back office on his own, very low chances..

Longridge

"I don't think blocking your boss's number is a good move"

Why not - it's actually illegal in employment law to harass someone off sick?

Leeds

"I don't think blocking your boss's number is a good move

Why not - it's actually illegal in employment law to harass someone off sick?"

What if he was wanting to offer a pay rise and couldn't get through ?

Where does he work?

If his boss is demanding he goes into work when sick, he probably caught it at work and just spread it round the pub crawl.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Same..probably offer to help with shopping etc

We don't need to keep dividing over this.

Longridge

Days don't match..

He'd been on leave a few days and not near work or been out shopping. 3 days after pub crawl, he and couple of lads out with are positive on same day..

Leeds

Are his positive friends vaccinated ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd encourage him to get medical attention, as there are good treatments available. People have to learn in their own way and he may rethink his decisions on the virus and vaccines but will have to do this via reflection.

Fact of the matter is it's almost irrelevant as to where he caught it. Pubs are open, most without any restrictions, there's no legal requirement to isolate if positive anymore so that's by the by.

As for his wife, being asthmatic would have put her at the front of the queue when vaccines were given out so she's had ample opportunity to protect herself and by your own admission she shouldn't get it as bad.

Would you be asking the same question if it was a smoker who had developed lung cancer? Or someone morbidly obese had a heart attack? Or someone who had sex without a condom got HIV?

Wish him well, offer help if they need it and treat them like you would for any other illness or disease, your words and actions will say more about you than you realise.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I’d say “I hope you feel better soon”

Same..probably offer to help with shopping etc

We don't need to keep dividing over this. "

This

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"I have no sympathy I work with someone who is not vaccinated & I dont think my employer should have employed him knowing he is not vaccinated, it puts sensible employees at more risk "

How does it put sensible employees at more risk?

Us vaccinated people have more protection than the unvaccinated. It doesn’t stop us from catching but it does reduce the likelihood of serious symptoms (until efficacy wanes).

It also doesn’t stop us from transmitting (although there is a school of thought that the vaccinated are infectious for less time - if someone can point me to that research would be grateful).

In addition because the vaccine reduces symptoms, it is possible for us to be infectious without knowing it and attending work.

So in actual fact your unvaccinated co-worker is more at risk from you then you from them!

Tin town

"I have no sympathy I work with someone who is not vaccinated & I dont think my employer should have employed him knowing he is not vaccinated, it puts sensible employees at more risk

How does it put sensible employees at more risk?

Us vaccinated people have more protection than the unvaccinated. It doesn’t stop us from catching but it does reduce the likelihood of serious symptoms (until efficacy wanes).

It also doesn’t stop us from transmitting (although there is a school of thought that the vaccinated are infectious for less time - if someone can point me to that research would be grateful).

In addition because the vaccine reduces symptoms, it is possible for us to be infectious without knowing it and attending work.

So in actual fact your unvaccinated co-worker is more at risk from you then you from them!"

Stop that nonsense everyone knows the unvaccinated are to blame... Its almost the law..

Bridgend

I have zero sympathy with people who could be vaccinated but choose not to have it. they miss understand the statistics . they put normal people at more risk & block medical capacity so people dont get the treatment they need

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Respect their choice not to get vaccinated. They are adults and made that decision. I’m double vaccinated and still ended up with covid at Christmas.

I only got vaccinated because I wanted to go to particular events.

Brighton

"I have zero sympathy with people who could be vaccinated but choose not to have it. they miss understand the statistics . they put normal people at more risk & block medical capacity so people dont get the treatment they need "

That is your prerogative (although you are also conflating “unvaccinated” with “anti-vax” when the latter is clearly only a subgroup of the former) but you still haven’t answered my question re work colleague!

Bridgend

"I have zero sympathy with people who could be vaccinated but choose not to have it. they miss understand the statistics . they put normal people at more risk & block medical capacity so people dont get the treatment they need

That is your prerogative (although you are also conflating “unvaccinated” with “anti-vax” when the latter is clearly only a subgroup of the former) but you still haven’t answered my question re work colleague!"

he chooses to be at higher risk by not being vaccinated not my problem if he gets ill. my employer is at fault not asking the right questions at interview

By *idnight_Express69Man  over a year ago

Rochdale

He is now very ill..

Get well soon, hopefully

Brighton

"I have zero sympathy with people who could be vaccinated but choose not to have it. they miss understand the statistics . they put normal people at more risk & block medical capacity so people dont get the treatment they need

That is your prerogative (although you are also conflating “unvaccinated” with “anti-vax” when the latter is clearly only a subgroup of the former) but you still haven’t answered my question re work colleague!

he chooses to be at higher risk by not being vaccinated not my problem if he gets ill. my employer is at fault not asking the right questions at interview "

But that still doesn’t answer your initial point...

“it puts sensible employees at more risk”

That is your prerogative (although you are also conflating “unvaccinated” with “anti-vax” when the latter is clearly only a subgroup of the former) but you still haven’t answered my question re work colleague!"

It appears that the unvaccinated are now not "normal people" either.

Bridgend

It appears that the unvaccinated are now not "normal people" either. "

the majority of people are vaccinated so it is not normal to be unvaccinated

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Very black n white..

They've had all the get well soon wishes, offers of support you'd expect.. not that heartless.

But, wouldn't be as ill as he is now if vaccinated. He didn't refuse for conspiracy reasons, he is medically fine to have had it but said he'll let others make the heard.

Don't know why people assume Covid has gone, it's very much still with us. So, to go out on a pub crawl, it was a certain he find exposure.

Extreme headaches, uncontrollable shivers and struggling with breathing. Certainly not the cold people say it will be.

Employers want you in work, it's no longer legal requirement, so why aren't you in. He's blocked bosses number, 3 calls a day demanding he goes in."

You can't say for sure he wouldn't be as ill if he had the vaccine. If it was a given no one vaccinated would end up in the hospital.

the majority of people are vaccinated so it is not normal to be unvaccinated "

They're still people, they haven't developed super powers that make them abnormal. By definition normal means the expected and when it comes to vaccination status you shouldn't expect to know if someone is or isn't regardless as to the ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated.

Brighton

the majority of people are vaccinated so it is not normal to be unvaccinated "

Right so you cannot explain your initial comment saying “it puts sensible employees at more risk”?

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 06/03/22 12:03:30]

evesham

he chooses to be at higher risk by not being vaccinated not my problem if he gets ill. my employer is at fault not asking the right questions at interview "

What other medical in confidence questions do they ask at interview at your place of work?

Bridgend

Right so you cannot explain your initial comment saying “it puts sensible employees at more risk”?"

I class myself as sensible I take all reasonable precautions to avoid getting covid I did get it at work beginning of last year before vacc available I am old & have heart problems so do not want to catch it again. I do not want to come into contact with unvaccinated who are more lightly to catch & spread the disease

Bridgend

he chooses to be at higher risk by not being vaccinated not my problem if he gets ill. my employer is at fault not asking the right questions at interview

What other medical in confidence questions do they ask at interview at your place of work?"

they ask about lung health & tetanus vaccination sometimes as there is risk from working with waste

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

He is now very ill..

"All the best for your recovery."

It's not worth it. Don't engage.

Brighton

Right so you cannot explain your initial comment saying “it puts sensible employees at more risk”?

I class myself as sensible I take all reasonable precautions to avoid getting covid I did get it at work beginning of last year before vacc available I am old & have heart problems so do not want to catch it again. I do not want to come into contact with unvaccinated who are more lightly to catch & spread the disease "

I understand your concern and applaud you for being careful and taking precautions. But it is concerning that you think unvaccinated people are more dangerous to you than vaccinated. I think that gives a false sense of security around the vaccinated.

The unvaccinated are more likely to know they are ill and sooner and take precautions. Vaccinated people have less severe symptoms and may not even know they are contagious and thus take no precautions.

evesham

What other medical in confidence questions do they ask at interview at your place of work?

they ask about lung health & tetanus vaccination sometimes as there is risk from working with waste "

But not about vaccination for any other communicable diseases?

It's personel choice to have the vaccine or not,I'm not against the vaccine,for me ive had none and it will remain that way,i want my freedom and not being told what I should do,it's my body at the end of the day

they ask about lung health & tetanus vaccination sometimes as there is risk from working with waste

"

Exactly this. Tetanus is infectious but not contagious. They won't have asked the vaccination status of that to protect other employees, only to make sure the person being interviewed is themselves protected.

Bridgend

Exactly this. Tetanus is infectious but not contagious. They won't have asked the vaccination status of that to protect other employees, only to make sure the person being interviewed is themselves protected. "

no they do not care about the heath & safety of employees just profit & having paper work so they are not liable

Tin town

Is it not also true that it matters when the vaccine was given? I mean some are now over 12 months old.... And yet Dr Susan hopkins of the UKHSA was telling us only 4 months ago that we must all get boosted as any vaccine older than 3 months was not effective against omicron.

So it's all well and good saying someone is jabbed but if it's a long time ago, it makes little difference. Equally what about those who have had covid? Do they not have any natural immunity. The notion that anyone unvaccinated is.... More or less dangerous to someone else is clumsy thinking at best. That's not to say that vaccines generally reduce your chances of getting seriously ill if they are up to date.

evesham

Exactly this. Tetanus is infectious but not contagious. They won't have asked the vaccination status of that to protect other employees, only to make sure the person being interviewed is themselves protected.

no they do not care about the heath & safety of employees just profit & having paper work so they are not liable "

Sounds like you need a new job my friend.

Bridgend

no they do not care about the heath & safety of employees just profit & having paper work so they are not liable

Sounds like you need a new job my friend. "

I am too old to get another job too young to get pension so we are stuck with each other for a few more years

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Wish them a speedy recovery. No need to say anything else.

What would you say to someone who is triple vaxed and boostered and gets ill? Absolute bollocks post. Wish them a speedy recovery. You do you and let them do them. Simple.

By *iggstimpyCouple  over a year ago

South East

Get well soon. Or….. you’re unlucky, because for most it is a cold. I had a sore throat for 5 mins with it! I’ve friends got sicker off the jab….. then got it anyway and were sicker again!

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Sounds like you need a new job my friend.

I am too old to get another job too young to get pension so we are stuck with each other for a few more years "

I'm 61, I started my new job 4 months ago and I've had 5 in the last three years.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"What would you say to someone who is triple vaxed and boostered and gets ill? Absolute bollocks post. Wish them a speedy recovery. You do you and let them do them. Simple. "

100%..my neighbour is down with covid.. Bad flu like symptoms according to his wife.. He's Triple jabbed.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"What would you say to someone who is triple vaxed and boostered and gets ill? Absolute bollocks post. Wish them a speedy recovery. You do you and let them do them. Simple. "

100%..my neighbour is down with covid.. Bad flu like symptoms according to his wife.. He's Triple jabbed.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"What would you say to someone who is triple vaxed and boostered and gets ill? Absolute bollocks post. Wish them a speedy recovery. You do you and let them do them. Simple.

100%..my neighbour is down with covid.. Bad flu like symptoms according to his wife.. He's Triple jabbed. "

My stepmom who is in her 50s only got her second jab in December, within a week her previously mild arthritis flared up to the point where she is now legally disabled.

2+ years without catching covid pre jab she also just tested positive 11 days ago and was extremely poorly with it.

Only barely coming out of it now.

She also infected my 18 year old brother and sister who both are also double jabbed and are extremely poorly with it right now.

I have not had the jab at all and had covid in August (before omicron) while I had cancer (still have cancer but its irrelevant) - mild cold symptoms, mild temperature, slight tiredness and taste and smell gone for about a week.

Dirk is not jabbed - same symptoms.

Go figure

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

there is no reason he cant have the vaccine he is just an idiot "

So someone with a differing opinion of yourself is automatically an idiot. Theres lots of extremely well educated people who have refused the vax but in no way are they idiots. Tbf, im more inclined to call the bigots who slag none vaxxed folk off idiots instead. Oh, im 3x jabbed before the rants begin

wigan

"I have zero sympathy with people who could be vaccinated but choose not to have it. they miss understand the statistics . they put normal people at more risk & block medical capacity so people dont get the treatment they need "

I have every sympathy with those who’ve taken the vaccine and suffered Ill effects

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

So someone with a differing opinion of yourself is automatically an idiot. Theres lots of extremely well educated people who have refused the vax but in no way are they idiots. Tbf, im more inclined to call the bigots who slag none vaxxed folk off idiots instead. Oh, im 3x jabbed before the rants begin"

You are also an idiot if you do not have solar panels on your roof according to a certain poster.

Bridgend

So someone with a differing opinion of yourself is automatically an idiot. Theres lots of extremely well educated people who have refused the vax but in no way are they idiots. Tbf, im more inclined to call the bigots who slag none vaxxed folk off idiots instead. Oh, im 3x jabbed before the rants begin"

I work with him, he is an idiot fails to understand simple tasks

By *ohoMan  over a year ago

Amsterdam,Netherlands

I choose to wait and see,not anti Vax,but they said that vaccines were the only way out of this,so called pandemic,right from the beginning,any other remedies were dismissed,what was wrong to do,so they developed these so called jabs within a year,and pushed,forced them onto the public,big business,and so effective,96%!!they said,so as I was still waiting,within 6 months they were so effective people were taking their 3rd already ,not only that, people were actually getting ill with covid,so many colleagues at work, didn't see that before the jabs came,now we are in a situation were it doesn't seem to matter anymore, and well if the jab was so effective then why would the vaxxed be so worried about the unvaxxed,most of them don't,but there seem to be some people who do, now the Pfizer documents have become public...read the 9!! pages on the side effects...and now we got the next crisis...hope your immune system is intact next winter, and then we having this discussion on a swingers site, if you are that worried and want to exclude the unvaxxed what are you doing here?

Let's stick together in times where we absolutely need to!

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"I choose to wait and see,not anti Vax,but they said that vaccines were the only way out of this,so called pandemic,right from the beginning,any other remedies were dismissed,what was wrong to do,so they developed these so called jabs within a year,and pushed,forced them onto the public,big business,and so effective,96%!!they said,so as I was still waiting,within 6 months they were so effective people were taking their 3rd already ,not only that, people were actually getting ill with covid,so many colleagues at work, didn't see that before the jabs came,now we are in a situation were it doesn't seem to matter anymore, and well if the jab was so effective then why would the vaxxed be so worried about the unvaxxed,most of them don't,but there seem to be some people who do, now the Pfizer documents have become public...read the 9!! pages on the side effects...and now we got the next crisis...hope your immune system is intact next winter, and then we having this discussion on a swingers site, if you are that worried and want to exclude the unvaxxed what are you doing here?

Let's stick together in times where we absolutely need to!"

“So called pandemic” “So called jabs”…..

Amsterdam,Netherlands

"I choose to wait and see,not anti Vax,but they said that vaccines were the only way out of this,so called pandemic,right from the beginning,any other remedies were dismissed,what was wrong to do,so they developed these so called jabs within a year,and pushed,forced them onto the public,big business,and so effective,96%!!they said,so as I was still waiting,within 6 months they were so effective people were taking their 3rd already ,not only that, people were actually getting ill with covid,so many colleagues at work, didn't see that before the jabs came,now we are in a situation were it doesn't seem to matter anymore, and well if the jab was so effective then why would the vaxxed be so worried about the unvaxxed,most of them don't,but there seem to be some people who do, now the Pfizer documents have become public...read the 9!! pages on the side effects...and now we got the next crisis...hope your immune system is intact next winter, and then we having this discussion on a swingers site, if you are that worried and want to exclude the unvaxxed what are you doing here?

“So called pandemic” “So called jabs”….. "

I'm Dutch, so if my typing caused any confusion,LOL, my apologies

Brighton

“So called pandemic” “So called jabs”….. "

Sorry but I really have to add this as well...

So called punctuation!

Amsterdam,Netherlands

“So called pandemic” “So called jabs”…..

Sorry but I really have to add this as well...

So called punctuation!"

Apologies i didn't actually even meant to reply on this forum

I was only looking for a meet

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"

The first 4 days, his employer was phoning and insisting he returned to work.

I am baffled why an employer would want someone Covid positive coming into work"

If that employer is a micromanager/karen/antivax, then that could be one expalintion. Uncaring bosses are really horrible.

[Removed by poster at 06/03/22 21:31:08]

I don't get your point op. I wouldn't feel the need to say anything other than to offer my support and help if they needed it.

Employers have rules they need to follow. Sounds like it isn't life threatening. Covid really isn't life threatening to most people... vaccinated or not. And yes I'm basing that in actual statistics where still most (a large majority) don't end up in hospital and make a full recovery. And that really does include unvaccinated. I'm one of many that has had it. Twice. The only villain in the piece is the employer. I'd get a new job if I had phoned in sick (for whatever reason) and my boss kept hounding me. Who puts up with that shit? They aren't allowed to do that.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

A very fake, hope you feel better soon.

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

He is now very ill..

Get well soon?!?

Farnworth

So you're actually saying if someone doesn't have the vaccine, they're idiots?

Don't get me wrong, I've had the vaccine but I still believe in free choice. I chose to have the vaccine as many people did but just because someone decided not to have the vaccine, that makes it their choice

Nobody is in a position to say someone else is not sensible or is an idiot as regards the vaccine. It's called free choice.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Nobody is in a position to say someone else is not sensible or is an idiot as regards the vaccine. It's called free choice. "

If it was a close family member, left bereaved by a partner who didn't take the vaccine, I'd think it reasonable for them to call said partner an idiot.

And perhaps someone who's done years of medical research in this field and knows their stuff would have a meaningful right to call said deceased an idiot.

Free Will does not confer immunity from making idiotic decisions.

By *hancer666Man  over a year ago

Redbourn

He is now very ill..

You guys not get on?

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 08/03/22 02:26:32]

Longridge

Wife's now got it and had last two days puking and severe tremors..

Might of been a good time for a domestic!!

A 'certain poster' needs to Grow Up!!

Farnworth

"Nobody is in a position to say someone else is not sensible or is an idiot as regards the vaccine. It's called free choice.

If it was a close family member, left bereaved by a partner who didn't take the vaccine, I'd think it reasonable for them to call said partner an idiot.

And perhaps someone who's done years of medical research in this field and knows their stuff would have a meaningful right to call said deceased an idiot.

Free Will does not confer immunity from making idiotic decisions."

As you obviously have decades if not centuries of experience, do tell me how any are idiots.

Now, and obviously I bow to your superior knowledge and also to those who are actually qualified and professional butby having the vaccine, does that make family members, vulnerable or not, immune from getting the virus?

Now, far be it from me to know anything but I thought the vaccine was for the individual taking it not for someone else.

So, the vaccine doesn't stop you getting the virus and also doesn't stop you passing it on, correct? So, irrespective whether a person has the vaccine or not, it doesn't actually protect other people only the person having it. Therefore, why would it matter whether a close family member has it or not. It's their choice. That's free will.

By all means, and as I do said, i bow down to your vast experience (notwithstanding that my close relative is a virologist and immunologist and has 47 years in that field) and he won't have it, so tell me and the baying public, how by having the vaccine can stop the possible demise of a close relative by having the vaccine.

The vaccine, as in any vaccine or medication, will help the person not others . Like having a headache, it's your choice to take pain killers or not.

By *ilver Fox 60Man  over a year ago

Southport

I would say "Hope you get better soon" to all the vulnerable people he may have infected.

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 08/03/22 07:35:54]

Brighton

"I would say "Hope you get better soon" to all the vulnerable people he may have infected."

(With quote)

Then you will also need to say that to all the vaccinated people who also may have infected vulnerable people!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

What rubbish… none of your business anyones vaccination status

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

What rubbish… none of your business anyones vaccination status "

Farnworth

Exactly. Well said

Bridgend

I is my business if it puts my health a greater risk than necessary. I caught covid at work last year due to management pushing people with symptoms but no positive test to come into work

Longridge

"Are his positive friends vaccinated ?"

Not sure of his friends vaccine status, his wife has been. She is quite poorly but better than would have been if hadn't had it I guess.

Was it a good night?. Can I come along in a few weeks when you feel better after having this short illness. Would be what I would say.

Belfast

I is my business if it puts my health a greater risk than necessary. I caught covid at work last year due to management pushing people with symptoms but no positive test to come into work "

I'm really starting to question if you're trolling everyone here deliberately as multiple people have explained in detail about how anyone else's vaccine status doesn't affect your health or risk with credible sources proving their logic, but you keep insisting it does.

Genuinely feel sorry for your Co worker as he's the one who has to put up with it day in day out.

That said - your boss is the one who's the real asshole. Not because he didn't ask for vaccine status. Because he's pushing people who are unwell to come into work.

Missus

wigan

"Are his positive friends vaccinated ?

Not sure of his friends vaccine status, his wife has been. She is quite poorly but better than would have been if hadn't had it I guess."

She sounds it… her severe tremors and puking!

We each make our own decisions and i dont wish harm on anyone but you made your bed so you need to lay in it. Covid can strike anyone vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. Its about making your own choies but accepting the outcome

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"" I hope you will get well soon "

I am struggling to find sympathy and is this the 'common sense' Boris wanted from the public in respect to his employer?"

is this the same Boris who was having party’s with his work colleagues whilst he instructed the rest of the plebs to stay indoors and protect the nhs ?

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

I is my business if it puts my health a greater risk than necessary. I caught covid at work last year due to management pushing people with symptoms but no positive test to come into work "

Why doesn't your workplace have health and safety measures in place during a pandemic?

Sounds like it's your employer that's at fault rather than an employees vaccination status

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Very black n white..

Employers want you in work, it's no longer legal requirement, so why aren't you in. He's blocked bosses number, 3 calls a day demanding he goes in."

How do you know he wouldn’t be as ill?

Longridge

Look at the stats..

Believe what you want to..

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

Ask him why a ventilator seems to be the treatment for a slight cold now instead of Lemsip

His body, his choice and get well soon.

Farnworth

So tell me where it says you cannot contract or pass covid on if you're vaccinated?

That's your company you're whinging about not generally

Farnworth

I is my business if it puts my health a greater risk than necessary. I caught covid at work last year due to management pushing people with symptoms but no positive test to come into work

I'm really starting to question if you're trolling everyone here deliberately as multiple people have explained in detail about how anyone else's vaccine status doesn't affect your health or risk with credible sources proving their logic, but you keep insisting it does.

Genuinely feel sorry for your Co worker as he's the one who has to put up with it day in day out.

That said - your boss is the one who's the real asshole. Not because he didn't ask for vaccine status. Because he's pushing people who are unwell to come into work.

Missus "

Well said and direct to the point

Farnworth

I am struggling to find sympathy and is this the 'common sense' Boris wanted from the public in respect to his employer?is this the same Boris who was having party’s with his work colleagues whilst he instructed the rest of the plebs to stay indoors and protect the nhs ? "

Allegedly

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

He is now very ill..

Hey guys

How do I convey a sense of smugness in a 'I told you so' way, whilst maintaining my 'I'm a caring sort of person' facade that I've been carrying around proudly since getting vaccinated like the hero I am

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

He is now very ill..

What do you say to them?

Hey guys

How do I convey a sense of smugness in a 'I told you so' way, whilst maintaining my 'I'm a caring sort of person' facade that I've been carrying around proudly since getting vaccinated like the hero I am

"

A clear sign of passive aggressive behaviour.

Longridge

He is now very ill..

What do you say to them?

Hey guys

"

Same way I did..

"You're a tosser, you've put your own and your wife's lives at risk as well as worrying your mother, who you also put at risk as she was at yours the day before you tested positive".

The response was strangely quiet.

Nothing smug, just the truth.

Brighton

He is now very ill..

What do you say to them?

Hey guys

Same way I did..

"You're a tosser, you've put your own and your wife's lives at risk as well as worrying your mother, who you also put at risk as she was at yours the day before you tested positive".

The response was strangely quiet.

Nothing smug, just the truth."

If you said that to me (if I was unvaccinated) would be:

“it’s my choice to decide what level of risk I am prepared to take with my own health/life but can you explain how I have put my wife or mother at risk by me not being vaccinated?”

Longridge

I'm a little more brash than you..

Very diplomatic - with me a spades a spade..

Don't have an issue with his refusing to vaccinate but I do have a problem with walking into a pub regardless of status, then going home to family with virus transported with him.

TBH - He gets called tosser quite a lot, caught drink driving being another time.

Day 9 and 6, both still very unwell and still positive and symptomatic.

Farnworth

"I'm a little more brash than you..

Don't have an issue with his refusing to vaccinate but I do have a problem with walking into a pub regardless of status, then going home to family with virus transported with him.

TBH - He gets called tosser quite a lot, caught drink driving being another time.

Day 9 and 6, both still very unwell and still positive and symptomatic."

Could he not get covid by being vaccinated? He can still contract covid and still pass it on regardless of his vaccination status

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

He is now very ill..

What do you say to them?

You say ’im sorry you're I'll and not doing too well. Is there anything I can do to help? Do you need me to get anything for you? Medication etc? I hope you start to feel better soon'.

Anything negative or gloating is just dickish behaviour in my opinion. "

This x

ashford

This is true they are not allowed to contact them whilst of sick x

Brighton

Day 9 and 6, both still very unwell and still positive and symptomatic."

I obviously didn’t write that very well as you completely missed my point...

Why do you think he was putting wife and mother in more danger by being unvaccinated? He has put himself in more danger but them? Why?

It’s still their choice imo.. if you’ve had the vaccine you’re less affected and less likely to catch it. It’s something we all have to live with now.

Tin town

Why do you think he was putting wife and mother in more danger by being unvaccinated? He has put himself in more danger but them? Why?"

Ever had the feeling you're pushing water uphill?

Belfast

Why do you think he was putting wife and mother in more danger by being unvaccinated? He has put himself in more danger but them? Why?

Ever had the feeling you're pushing water uphill? "

With a sieve

Brighton

Ever had the feeling you're pushing water uphill? "

It is a burden some of us have to bare.

I am struggling to find sympathy and is this the 'common sense' Boris wanted from the public in respect to his employer?"

He wasn't meaning you.

You clearly are selfish and just wanting to get on your high horse about it.

He's meaning, that is what you say to your friend.

Maybe he's better off without such a judgemental person as a friend ?

P.s. I am fully vaccinated, so not an anti vac nut job, but I do respect other people's decisions. I also understand why people would be wary about taking it.

By *ubforspanksMan  over a year ago

Sefton

I know two people who have both had the vaccine twice and boosters, and now both have COVID for the second time, they can still transmit it to others who are vaccinated or unvaccinated, just unlucky I guess if they had a 4th vaccine injection they might have more protection

wigan

"I know two people who have both had the vaccine twice and boosters, and now both have COVID for the second time, they can still transmit it to others who are vaccinated or unvaccinated, just unlucky I guess if they had a 4th vaccine injection they might have more protection"

Yes seems to be effective

So someone shouldn't get employed due to their own personal medical history? Shocking statement.

By *cttMan  over a year ago

hatfield & Cannock

Everyone is entitled to they're own opinion towards covid, either way nobody should suffer , hope they recover soon

Longridge

Why do you think he was putting wife and mother in more danger by being unvaccinated? He has put himself in more danger but them? Why?"

I never said being unvaccinated put anyone else at risk, it was going on a 6 location pub crawl - pissed up and man hugging every other d*unk would have.

Absolutely, he has put himself at risk of a bad outcome. Long story short, if he'd stayed home that Saturday night. No of them would have caught it.

Hope that makes more sense..

Longridge

Before any other numpty private messages me with their 'thoughts'.

Don't bother, you'll get blocked and if offensive, reported then blocked.

It's a public forum for a reason.

Brighton

I never said being unvaccinated put anyone else at risk, it was going on a 6 location pub crawl - pissed up and man hugging every other d*unk would have.

Absolutely, he has put himself at risk of a bad outcome. Long story short, if he'd stayed home that Saturday night. No of them would have caught it.

Hope that makes more sense.."

Right do you point had NOTHING to fo with this fella being unvaccinated! That really wasn’t obvious when you opening post started as follows...

“a family member who refused vaccination, then went on a pub crawl last Saturday, caught COVID and most likely Omicron after banging on for weeks how the new 'cold' won't affect him much”

The Times today had a story about a the Captain in the US Navy.

US warship stuck in dock with commander who can’t be fired.

A US guided-missile destroyer has been prevented from going on a mission because of a court battle over its commanding officer, who has refused to have a vaccination against coronavirus.

In a legal impasse described by Pentagon officials in court evidence as a “manifest national security concern”, the US navy has been told by a federal judge that it cannot sack the commanding officer, who has served for nearly 18 years.

Farnworth

How did he?

Farnworth

So would he going out on a Friday be better?

Tin town

Would have made perfect sense had you not made their vaccination status the main theme of your op.

Brighton

Hope that makes more sense..

Right do you point had NOTHING to fo with this fella being unvaccinated! That really wasn’t obvious when you opening post started as follows...

“a family member who refused vaccination, then went on a pub crawl last Saturday, caught COVID and most likely Omicron after banging on for weeks how the new 'cold' won't affect him much”"

Just read this back...bloody typos!!!!!!

Right SO YOUR point had NOTHING to DO with this fella being unvaccinated! That really wasn’t obvious when YOUR opening post started as follows...

That's a bit nonsensical for so many reasons.

Firstly. The vaccine is no guarantee of contagion.

Secondly. The vaccine lasts approximately 5 to 6 months at best. So you'd have to get them every 6 months forever to be covered (even though they don't cover you).

Thirdly. You put yourself at risk for many things the minute you leave your house. Instead of living in existential dread, try living. You might enjoy yourself.

By *rouble1977Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Secondly. The vaccine lasts approximately 5 to 6 months at best. So you'd have to get them every 6 months forever to be covered (even though they don't cover you).

Thirdly. You put yourself at risk for many things the minute you leave your house. Instead of living in existential dread, try living. You might enjoy yourself."

Don't talk crap, the vaccine doesn't just last 5-6 months you clown.

Tin town

Thirdly. You put yourself at risk for many things the minute you leave your house. Instead of living in existential dread, try living. You might enjoy yourself.

Don't talk crap, the vaccine doesn't just last 5-6 months you clown. "

The Chief medical officer of the UKHSA would beg to differ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/10/two-jabs-give-less-protection-against-catching-omicron-than-delta-uk-data-shows

Don't talk crap, the vaccine doesn't just last 5-6 months you clown. "

I can't believe I have to explain this to a grown adult, ok here goes.

Vaccines do not for the most part last a life time. Just a small example. Why do you think flu Vaccines are given yearly? Not just because of different strains but because over time they become less effective. The latest study from new York suggests that the vaccine drops from around %95 effectiveness to just under %70 in 6 months.

This is a well established fact. Why do you think boosters are a thing? Do you think you need a booster every 6 months if it doesn't wear off?

It's very simple logic.

I'm not going to state where I get my information as I'd like tonretain my privacy. However what I will say is my other half is involved with the vaccine and patient systems in place. They have access to this information. It's common knowledge. I said at the start that the vaccine isn't a guarantee of safety. Everyone said I was a conspiracy theorist. A year later while doing audits it was discovered %80 of admitted covid cases were vaccinated. A lot of them within 6 months.

So from this clown, kindly shove your poorly informed opinion right up your arse

Bridgend

So someone shouldn't get employed due to their own personal medical history? Shocking statement."

unfortunately that is true for most people I am old & have some medical problems both of these factors reduce my attractiveness to employers making it difficult for me to get another job

Some right bed wetters on this site, lol

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

[Removed by poster at 12/03/22 11:22:47]

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

"... refused to test as she'd have to stay off work - today tested positive.

It is no longer a legal requirement to self isolate if you test positive"

There's no law against jumping off a cliff but sensible people still don't do it.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

He is now very ill..

"Get well soon"

They are family and very ill so why would I be a dick?

C

Farnworth

Don't talk crap, the vaccine doesn't just last 5-6 months you clown.

I can't believe I have to explain this to a grown adult, ok here goes.

Vaccines do not for the most part last a life time. Just a small example. Why do you think flu Vaccines are given yearly? Not just because of different strains but because over time they become less effective. The latest study from new York suggests that the vaccine drops from around %95 effectiveness to just under %70 in 6 months.

This is a well established fact. Why do you think boosters are a thing? Do you think you need a booster every 6 months if it doesn't wear off?

It's very simple logic.

I'm not going to state where I get my information as I'd like tonretain my privacy. However what I will say is my other half is involved with the vaccine and patient systems in place. They have access to this information. It's common knowledge. I said at the start that the vaccine isn't a guarantee of safety. Everyone said I was a conspiracy theorist. A year later while doing audits it was discovered %80 of admitted covid cases were vaccinated. A lot of them within 6 months.

So from this clown, kindly shove your poorly informed opinion right up your arse "

Well, tbf, considering that your profile says that you're looking for friends, it's not likely you'd get any, certainly not on her with your attitude. Perhaps talking to people properly without your obvious distaste for anyone that doesn't share your opinion. You don't want to share where you got the information. Hahahaha, so it's that good?

I can see that you'll make lots of friends on here, probably with the ones you think you can bully

Brighton

To be fair he was responding to someone who called him a clown. So...!!!!

Be nice if folks were able to have discussion and accept different perspectives without resorting to insults. Too many keyboard warriors!

Brighton

Just to add though, I thought the need for boosters was two fold:

1) A reduction in vaccine efficacy over time.

2) That Covid is a virus and viruses mutate and the vaccines need to be adjusted to be more effective against a new variant(s).

Point 2 is certainly the case with the Flu vaccines.

Farnworth

"To be fair he was responding to someone who called him a clown. So...!!!!

Be nice if folks were able to have discussion and accept different perspectives without resorting to insults. Too many keyboard warriors! "

I understand that but a man would be able to rise above that and not sink to the insulting rhetoric. Don't forget, others are looking at his responses and may decide on his inability to rise above negative responses that they don't want him as a friend which his profile says he is

"Some right bed wetters on this site, lol"

So many lost but righteously defend their cult while lying in a bed of their own pi*s

Tin town

"Just to add though, I thought the need for boosters was two fold:

2) That Covid is a virus and viruses mutate and the vaccines need to be adjusted to be more effective against a new variant(s).

Point 2 is certainly the case with the Flu vaccines."

It seems the vaccines are now effective for much longer than the 3 months that led to the first round of boosters....

Brighton

It seems the vaccines are now effective for much longer than the 3 months that led to the first round of boosters.... "

I can’t keep up!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It seems the vaccines are now effective for much longer than the 3 months that led to the first round of boosters....

I can’t keep up!"

Most people are struggling to keep up. It's a firehose of information all the time

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

This .

By *yes146Man  over a year ago

London / Bournemouth

"I’d say “I hope you feel better soon” This ."

Exactly.

Be humble. Hope they feel better soon.

But what about his personal free choice you reall fancy being told what you can do or not do thumbs up to him

By *oody HuddsonMan  over a year ago

sexy town

I am vaccinated before you think otherwise…

But please can you explain your rational about “it puts sensible employees at more risk”

We know the vaccine doesn’t stop you contracting the virus, it doesn’t stop transmission and we are now lead to believe that 3 doses of the vaccine do not give you long term cover of a less severe reaction.

So please explain your rational as I’m interested to understand what you are thinking.

Longridge

Is this one still going!!

Anyway.. Outcome.

Wife, extreme headaches, bad cough and very rough for a few days..

Hubby, extremely bad symptoms, bad coughing fits, tremors, shivers, headaches, loss of taste and smell.

Both regret pub crawl as most of the group that went out have had it.

Whether vaccine made a difference or not, I don't really give two hoots, his choice not to have it and sod all to do with me and we'll never know if the outcome would be differen.

But...

By *miler83Man  over a year ago

colchester

I think the only thing I would say is if you didn't believe its real then you probably do now. So if you make it through this go and get vaccinated for yourself, your partner and everyone else's sake.

The vaccination doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on. It just stops yourself getting it as bad. I was hospitalised by it Jan last year, vaccinated and boosted but I think enough is enough. No way can they get a booster released that quick to fend off each new variant. I'll wear a mask if needed, but that's it.

By *omer47Man  over a year ago

leigh

He is now very ill..

If they have refused the vaccination, its there choice, but to go out knowing you could spread it to other people is extremely selfish and on top of all that sleeps with his wife knowing he has it etc, he deserves all he gets in my opinion. There are not only vulnerable people out there but also the NHS who have worked tirelessly through the pandemic in order to keep people safe and your family member couldn't give a fuck. Yes we have lives to live but I'm not in the slightest sympathetic for him. In actual fact I hope it teaches him a lesson in future

What absolute garbage. The vaccinated are the ones suffering. How on earth can a unvaccinated person put a vaccinated person at risk? If the vaccine dosnt stop you catching or spreading why take it? Further more if 2 shots dont work how the hell will 4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-data-shows-vaccines-reduce-risk-of-hospitalisation-and-death-but-you-need-to-read-it-with-a-clear-head-12365728

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1388822/lockdown-latest-covid-vaccine-news-matt-hancock-end-of-lockdown/amp. Its all there for people to see

"What absolute garbage. The vaccinated are the ones suffering. How on earth can a unvaccinated person put a vaccinated person at risk? If the vaccine dosnt stop you catching or spreading why take it? Further more if 2 shots dont work how the hell will 4. "

How are vaccinated people suffering?

ashford

"What absolute garbage. The vaccinated are the ones suffering. How on earth can a unvaccinated person put a vaccinated person at risk? If the vaccine dosnt stop you catching or spreading why take it? Further more if 2 shots dont work how the hell will 4. "

I stopped at 2! Honestly wish I hadn't had any! Had my diabetic nurse tell me yesterday u have not had your booster! I said no I'm not having it she didn't question me just said can I put that on your notes I said sure! Personal choice as it shd b x

ashford

It might well b coincidence or my diabetes catching up ! But since I've had the jabs had nothing but Illness Will never know! But won't b having anymore covid jabs! X

By *ldbutrandyMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I think we've gone past the point of unvaccinated being responsible for passing it on to others. But , it's proven that with a recent shot, you have less chance of being seriously ill if catching it. So thats the point. If you don't believe that part then so be it

By *angler 321Man  over a year ago

Hereford

Why shouldn't someone who isn't vaccinated be employed??

You do know that the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting or carrying covid, it just makes the individuals symptoms milder "supposedly" so what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

I'm triple vaccinated myself, but to be honest I wished I hadn't bothered. At the end of the day it's the individuals choice.

He is now very ill..

Nothing. You say nothing to them. It was their choice not to have the vaccination and now they have it, there’s no point in rubbing salt into the wound and they won’t care anyway. My sister refused to have the vaccine and caught Covid, her response? “Well I don’t need the vaccine now as my body will have its own antibodies to the virus” she really doesn’t get the point of it at all

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-data-shows-vaccines-reduce-risk-of-hospitalisation-and-death-but-you-need-to-read-it-with-a-clear-head-12365728

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1388822/lockdown-latest-covid-vaccine-news-matt-hancock-end-of-lockdown/amp. Its all there for people to see"

Read the first article. 2.8x as many unvaccinated people are dying than vaccinated "per case".

By *ecretagent076Man  over a year ago

harrisburg

I doesn't sound like you have any faith in the "vaccine" you took. How does an unvacinated person put you at risk. You should be protected by logic they are the ones that should be "at risk"

By *ixi n DogCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"

Nothing.

» Add a new message to this topic