FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Long covid

Long covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otsossie OP   Man  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

5 weeks into the headaches, tinnitus, severe fatigue.

I can’t get a docs appointment. They don’t even answer the phone.

Anyone know I’d this is just to be expected? I can’t concentrate on anything.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Fatigue and headaches for me but just using paracetamol for that. Get plenty of rest.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 16/03/22 09:47:54]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Long Covid is being researched extensively and may be more than 1 thing, with 1 cause (apart from the virus being central).

There's apparently not 1 trajectory for it, with most people seemingly getting their own version, albeit with clusters of similar symptoms.

A lot of GPs are offering fresh appointments each day, such as at 8am. Perhaps you could get someone to help you get 1, if you're tied up, if they do this? I'd write to my GP, if unable to get an appointment.

Radio 4 'Inside Health' had an episode on it this week, including 3 people 2 years post-infection.

There are some people who suffer long term but we're still learning about it. It must be awful for you OP, you have my sympathy. You don't deserve to be suffering, without support!

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We have a friend who's been suffering with this since catching covid 18months ago. She's only just starting to get over the fatigue.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Shit, I'm so sorry.

It's a variable experience but yes, those things are common. Have a look on social media for long Covid support groups

Chez/Sheff

Tried over 30 times to get through to gp this morning then just gave up.

Have a phone appt booked in a fortnight…

By * Your Eyes OnlyMan  over a year ago

South Lincs Area

Had covid in September still no taste or smell, go hot really easy, get dizzy, get head aches and been nana naps…

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

It used to be called post viral syndrome.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Tried over 30 times to get through to gp this morning then just gave up.

Have a phone appt booked in a fortnight…"

Go to their website, most have online contact forms whereby you can enter what you need help with and they call back.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I'm a month from PCR test positive.

Not too bad on the usual cough and cold symptoms but the fatigue and brain fog was unbelievable.

Last week the joint pain started, never suffered from any form of joint pain in my life, can't sit down, can't stand up, painful when driving etc., etc.

GP diagnosis was long Covid as joint pain is quite common.

Pain killers, as much walking as possible and NHS physiotherapy exercises , hopefully will do the trick.

By *hil_SW19Man  over a year ago

Raynes Park

"5 weeks into the headaches, tinnitus, severe fatigue.

I can’t get a docs appointment. They don’t even answer the phone.

Anyone know I’d this is just to be expected? I can’t concentrate on anything. "

Don't rush. It really depends on how bad your symptoms were. I was in hospital despite being vaxxed and after 3 months, able to work 4 hrs but I do get fatigue and brain fog still.

The NHS has a good site with information : https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been suffering since Jan last year. 8 chest infections since.. body is in a mess from it..

But its ok cause Barry down the pub reckons its all a load of old bollocks!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"Been suffering since Jan last year. 8 chest infections since.. body is in a mess from it..

But its ok cause Barry down the pub reckons its all a load of old bollocks!!!"

I'm sorry you're suffering

I’m long term Covid

Still no taste or smell

Get very tired

Work very hard

Four twelve hour shifts

Had one appointment at hospital

Not allowed in there are sick people in hear

Yes I know I’m one of them

Appointment outside five minutes done

Five smells test daily

By *umslaveTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

I get very tired much more than I used to pre covid. I caught it pre vax when it was full fat. I don't know if it's due the effects of the virus or not but I'm noticeably more tired these days. Didn't help that I caught lime disease the year before

By *ikerguylondonMan  over a year ago

NW Kent

I had it at Christmas and was tired for about 6 weeks after. I still have days where I feel sapped of energy but I also have days where I feel like I could realistically do a 5 mile run or work on something mentally taxing.

As has been said not really a one size fits all answer. My sense of smell did come back quite fast but has what I can only describe as a tint to it. It's a sort of dusty smell. The visual equivalent would be if you changed a normal bulb to a coloured one like say red. You can still see everything but it looks just that little bit different where your not getting the full colour spectrum.

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Hexham

I am worse as I have also heart problems which I suffered fatigue from for 20 years and lucky if I can walk as much as I used to.

By *anae21Woman  over a year ago

Nearer than you think

Week 6 and the fatigue, joint pain and brain fog are very much evident, playing havoc with my working life.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Is there a definition of what constitutes “Long Covid” because from what I can tell it seems extremely broad.

Also at what point do post illness side effects move from being “just” the body recovering from illness to an ongoing debilitating condition?

You can expect your body to take time to get back to full fitness after any major illness, so some of this would be normal right if short term (but again, what constitutes short term?)

Really feel for anyone suffering, must be awful. But surely not everything is “Long Covid”?

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

Post vial illnesses are often under diagnosed and people often don’t realise how common and debilitating they are.

Epstein Barr and SARS both have/have commonly caused Post-Viral fatigue illnesses like CFS so it’s very likely that a lot of people, due to the numbers, will develop post viral illnesses from Covid.

It’s actually a good thing that the “Long Covid” label has been attached because there is time and money being spent on researching how common it is and the levels people take it at. Normally it’s just brushed off with a “these things take time” and that’s that.

I was ill for over a year after a virus before proper tests were done to discover the actual post viral condition I’d been left with (and if my narcolepsy hadn’t developed cataplexy I doubt that would have happened then!).

Keep on at your GP. If you can’t get to them speak to 111 for advice.

Also, I know it sounds glib but it’s not meant to be, keep in mind that you have actually had a serious illness. For you Covid hasn’t been “like a cold” or anything. It’s a serious illness with long lasting effects

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Is there a definition of what constitutes “Long Covid” because from what I can tell it seems extremely broad.

Also at what point do post illness side effects move from being “just” the body recovering from illness to an ongoing debilitating condition?

You can expect your body to take time to get back to full fitness after any major illness, so some of this would be normal right if short term (but again, what constitutes short term?)

Really feel for anyone suffering, must be awful. But surely not everything is “Long Covid”?"

The NHS defines Long Covid as One or more Covid 19 symptoms that continue for more than four weeks after a Covid Infection.

Cal

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"Is there a definition of what constitutes “Long Covid” because from what I can tell it seems extremely broad.

Really feel for anyone suffering, must be awful. But surely not everything is “Long Covid”?

The NHS defines Long Covid as One or more Covid 19 symptoms that continue for more than four weeks after a Covid Infection.

Cal"

I could have just looked it up couldn't I thanks though

Chez/Sheff

" I could have just looked it up couldn't I thanks though"

Tbh definitions vary depending upon which NHS website you look at. For some it is 18weeks.

I tried 111 instead of the docs. Phone service says very busy, try website. Website says phone ambulance

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Tried over 30 times to get through to gp this morning then just gave up.

Have a phone appt booked in a fortnight…"

use e consult. They tend to get back to you quite quickly

Chez/Sheff

Went through 111 in the end.

GP says “Oh, Covid does that, give it 3-4 months then come back”

By *rMs.NeekCouple  over a year ago

Worcestershire

Tested positive 9th Dec

Still have extreme fatigue -struggle with day to day normal let alone things like exercise (not able to since ill)

Pain in joints, headaches (off work sometimes as cant see) and confusion.

Been in GP system for over a month but no face to face. Have had blood tests and show nothing. This is so frustrating now

Manchester (she/her)

I'm so sorry

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

As someone else has said these symptoms can occur after any virus and has always existed as post viral fatigue.

It does however seem to happen very often after covid so in those cases has the title long covid.

In general there is not much you can do and no treatment. Painkillers for aches and pains and rest when you can for the fatigue.

Unfortunately it's just something you have to put up with and hope it eventually settles.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

D has long covid it’s been 18 months. She still has reduced lung capacity and extreme fatigue. It’s changed our lives.

merseyside

"Tested positive 9th Dec

Still have extreme fatigue -struggle with day to day normal let alone things like exercise (not able to since ill)

Pain in joints, headaches (off work sometimes as cant see) and confusion.

Been in GP system for over a month but no face to face. Have had blood tests and show nothing. This is so frustrating now "

The joint pains are terrible, been to physio, painkillers and exercise seems to be loosening the joints but about 6 weeks post covid it's getting to be a chore.

The fatigue and brain fog during covid was something I have never experienced before, happily they have gone completely.

Hopefully, some sun on my bones on holiday will do the trick.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

how many antigens would you usually have to do 2 test positive? I have done 4 and think there is a very faint second line unless its my eyes deceiving me.

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

cc

"how many antigens would you usually have to do 2 test positive? I have done 4 and think there is a very faint second line unless its my eyes deceiving me. "

try again tomorrow

By *hett and scarlettCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Going to sound random, but has anyone else notice an increased level of aggression or a shorter fuse since getting Covid?

Im a nurse and have dodged covid for 2 years despite being exposed to it daily.

Got covid early march and ive just been diagnosed with post viral fatigue syndrome... raised glands ,fatigue, brain fog, night sweats..... im that bad ive been signed off work for a month .... feel completley drained

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Got covid Jan 21 got long covid now. Long list of different post symptoms fatigue, aches and tinnitus being the worst. Just take a day at a time hoping it all clears up soon as

Manchester (she/her)

"Going to sound random, but has anyone else notice an increased level of aggression or a shorter fuse since getting Covid?"

I've not had Covid, but there are psychological sequelae

By *ingly_minx1Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

Had Covid Jan21

Still can't smell or taste properly, fatigue is all over the place, brain fog, increased frequency of migraine.

I did the Covid Rehab program in my area and basically it was the same above as given to CFS/fibromyalgia patients - rest, fluids, gentle exercise, pacing of tasks, self compassion.

Sorry you can't see your doctor. GPs are so busy just now, it's crazy.

Keep your chin up x

merseyside

"Going to sound random, but has anyone else notice an increased level of aggression or a shorter fuse since getting Covid?"

Quite a few people are feeling down and grumpy.

It's been a long treck to get to some form of normal and only to be expected.

I'm lucky that I have worked through and honestly believe getting back to work is the best medicine or whatever you describe as a normal day.

My husband has worked from home and although a bit of a novelty at first it drove him mad, thankfully he has gone back now.

Hope everyone gets back to their own brand of normal soon.

» Add a new message to this topic