FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 3.3 million cases...

3.3 million cases...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I knew it was far from over case's are growing rapidly yet no news on the television but press

By *ayarMan  over a year ago

Wirral

Booster o’clock

By *ldbutrandyMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Sad I know , but i check almost daily and yes. The cases are going crazy. But deaths are still either the same as a month ago. Or going down a little.

So. With spring coming it's looking good the way I see it.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Deaths are average for people who tested positive in the last 28 days.

Remember figures are with not of and people will pop off anyway regardless of Covid.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Deaths are average for people who tested positive in the last 28 days.

Remember figures are with not of and people will pop off anyway regardless of Covid.

"

You are right, it seems that the inaccurate is presenting figures around 20% below the actual deaths caused by covid.

This article in the British Medical Journal should help to clarify the confusion.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n352

Cal

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"

You are correct of course but almost no one die of cancer but from something else related to it. So because virtually no one dies of cancer but with it we should just ignore that too.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away."

Indeed. Has the percentage death rate grown, remained the same or declined?

I could look it up but exhausted by it to be honest.

My point is that it is surely hospitalisation and death rates that matter. With a virus that, so far, appears to be becoming more transmissible but less dangerous, case numbers start to become irrelevant or certainly less important.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

My Boss has it and he’s not doing very well at all.

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"Booster o’clock "

Yup looks like it's the dreaded booster time again so they say more cases to scare people into getting the jab ... I would get it anyway just to be on the safe side so no reason to cause panic again people should be allowed to make their own minds up

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My Boss has it and he’s not doing very well at all. "

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Booster o’clock "

There'll be annual booster's like the flu

It's likely they'll combine the shot so one shot will cover both

By *tticus Finch 76Man  over a year ago

Northampton

One of the issues with rising cases is more opportunity for the virus to mutate. If it's a weaker strain then great but this isn't guaranteed. Just keep being sensible and kind.

By *ore4fundevonCouple  over a year ago

West Devon

3 cases right here in our house this week. One of the kids bought it home and it's ripped through the house. Only one not affected so far is Mrs more.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

We got it again!

(No, we weren't going on pub crawls, met any random strangers or in any way purposely tempted any faith. I had my course of chemo on 9th of March, so I haven't even left the house since that and Dirk was only making necessary trips for work and groceries).

Dirk tested positive on Tuesday, had mild temp and a cough. He did isolate from me as I only had my course of chemo 6 days before that. His isolation was useless as I tested positive next day (clearly I picked it up off him the night before).

Dirk spent exactly one day in bed with mild temp, all his symptoms went away by day 2, yesterday he was already testing negative.

I spent exactly one day in bed with mild temp on Thursday, yesterday temp went away and now I just have a runny nose and tickly cough, but feeling 100% fine otherwise.

Haven't tested myself again yet as obviously I still have mild symptoms, but it seems to be shifting three times faster than the first time we had it.

We are both unvaccinated.

So yeah, looks like we, as adults, who know our own bodies inside and out, know exactly what we put in them, who chose body autonomy over coercion (getting random injections to be able to go for a pint isn't good enough reason) didn't make a wrong choice.

This is our personal experience and we do believe that people should always have a choice and shouldn't be shamed for it.

By *3xDECouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"3 cases right here in our house this week. One of the kids bought it home and it's ripped through the house. Only one not affected so far is Mrs more."

This has happened to us. 4 out of 5 of us have it and I have been hit the worst. Never had it before so knew instantly before testing what it was. Although I don’t have a temperature it’s taken four days for me just to be able to walk down stairs without leaning on the wall.

I was never naive enough to think I would never get it or that it had now gone away. Will always be around now so we all just have to learn to live our lives and get on with it.

We are all dealing with this in our own ways and no way is a wrong way. So I guess the best thing to do is stay safe and keep up with carrying around your own supply of sanitizer and masks if you feel their is need to do soo.

By *ore4fundevonCouple  over a year ago

West Devon

"3 cases right here in our house this week. One of the kids bought it home and it's ripped through the house. Only one not affected so far is Mrs more.

This has happened to us. 4 out of 5 of us have it and I have been hit the worst. Never had it before so knew instantly before testing what it was. Although I don’t have a temperature it’s taken four days for me just to be able to walk down stairs without leaning on the wall.

I was never naive enough to think I would never get it or that it had now gone away. Will always be around now so we all just have to learn to live our lives and get on with it.

We are all dealing with this in our own ways and no way is a wrong way. So I guess the best thing to do is stay safe and keep up with carrying around your own supply of sanitizer and masks if you feel their is need to do soo. "

Oh! Fortunately for us symptoms haven't been that bad. Our eldest started going down hill Sunday and tested +be on Monday. Temperature, head ache and cough. Youngest was much the same Wednesday. Mine so far has been like a mild dose of hay fever. I only tested because I knew the kids had it.

Symptoms seem to have mostly subsided from the kids within 24-48 hours.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Sad I know , but i check almost daily and yes. The cases are going crazy. But deaths are still either the same as a month ago. Or going down a little.

So. With spring coming it's looking good the way I see it."

Any of those infected may get Long Covid, with some still suffering 2 years following their infection. A possible lifetime of disabilities is an additional trouble that you may have airbrushed from your rose-tinted perspective of it 'looking good'.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Booster o’clock "

Only for those who got didn’t get a shot just before Xmas…. Everyone else should be fine!

because this strain is more contagious but apparently has the same level of lethality to it, it will just likely go through the population quicker

Quick rise on one side.. short plateau… quick drop off on the other

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"My point is that it is surely hospitalisation and death rates that matter"

Unfortunately there's also long covid, on which we don't have good data.

From The BMJ https://youtu.be/RaLxhFiOBYk

Belfast

"Sad I know , but i check almost daily and yes. The cases are going crazy. But deaths are still either the same as a month ago. Or going down a little.

Any of those infected may get Long Covid, with some still suffering 2 years following their infection. A possible lifetime of disabilities is an additional trouble that you may have airbrushed from your rose-tinted perspective of it 'looking good'. "

Did you not post a study recently about vaccines significantly reducing chances of getting long covid?

Brighton

Any of those infected may get Long Covid, with some still suffering 2 years following their infection. A possible lifetime of disabilities is an additional trouble that you may have airbrushed from your rose-tinted perspective of it 'looking good'.

Did you not post a study recently about vaccines significantly reducing chances of getting long covid? "

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/virus/1268784

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Booster o’clock

Only for those who got didn’t get a shot just before Xmas…. Everyone else should be fine!

because this strain is more contagious but apparently has the same level of lethality to it, it will just likely go through the population quicker

Quick rise on one side.. short plateau… quick drop off on the other "

Our residents are getting a booster shortly

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away."

Yawn..

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Does anyone ever wonder or report how many flu cases there are?

I wonder why not?

Because the tv never told them to

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Booster o’clock

Quick rise on one side.. short plateau… quick drop off on the other Our residents are getting a booster shortly "

I got mine yesterday

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Does anyone ever wonder or report how many flu cases there are?

I wonder why not? "

Because flu isn't a pandemic.

Who decides what a pandemic is and isn’t?

By *emmabTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicestershire

The World Health Organisation does.

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

exeter

My mother is in a local care home with dementia. I had a phone call last week. 19 residents and staff have tested positive. No more visits for a while and panic stations at the home. Don’t tell me that it’s gone. People will still get it and die. It’s crazy that the pcr testing stations are closing. LFT will soon cost .

Very short sighted by the government.

I think it will come back to bite them on the arse in the next few months.

You don’t see a problem with that, unelected officials that most people know nothing about

By *alfurion1Man  over a year ago

marston moretaine

Is this the thread for all the brainwashed people ?

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Definition

A pandemic is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of individuals. A widespread endemic disease with a stable number of infected individuals is not a pandemic.

...therefore flu isn't a pandemic.

You’ve just described the flu, which has happened every winter since most people can remember, the only difference between covid and flu is the pr campaign

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"You’ve just described the flu, which has happened every winter since most people can remember, the only difference between covid and flu is the pr campaign "

If you are answering me then I haven't described flu.

I am and you have, historically there have been more deaths in other years, which has caused the nhs to be pushed to its limit, can you remember the last pandemic that the WHO called and what happened?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I am and you have, historically there have been more deaths in other years, which has caused the nhs to be pushed to its limit, can you remember the last pandemic that the WHO called and what happened? "

2009-2010 - H1N1 flu pandemic - a few hundred thousand people died (mainly in the younger age groups)

1981 (ongoing) - HIV global pandemic - a fuckton of people died and continue to die worldwide

Flagrante

"I am and you have, historically there have been more deaths in other years, which has caused the nhs to be pushed to its limit, can you remember the last pandemic that the WHO called and what happened? "

Reply and quote is useful. Not sure about the WHO but there have been many pandemics over the years...some of them Flu based but the seasonal flu that is experienced in the UK is endemic. I believe the last flu pandemic was Hong Kong flu in the late 60s.

North West

"I am and you have, historically there have been more deaths in other years, which has caused the nhs to be pushed to its limit, can you remember the last pandemic that the WHO called and what happened?

Reply and quote is useful. Not sure about the WHO but there have been many pandemics over the years...some of them Flu based but the seasonal flu that is experienced in the UK is endemic. I believe the last flu pandemic was Hong Kong flu in the late 60s."

Last flu pandemic was H1N1 swine flu in 2009/10.

Flagrante

"I am and you have, historically there have been more deaths in other years, which has caused the nhs to be pushed to its limit, can you remember the last pandemic that the WHO called and what happened?

Reply and quote is useful. Not sure about the WHO but there have been many pandemics over the years...some of them Flu based but the seasonal flu that is experienced in the UK is endemic. I believe the last flu pandemic was Hong Kong flu in the late 60s.

Last flu pandemic was H1N1 swine flu in 2009/10."

Yes, forgot about that one

Can you remember who manufactured the vaccine and what it did to people? Once it was withdrawn the pandemic went away, strange that

By *ajobMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"We got it again!

(No, we weren't going on pub crawls, met any random strangers or in any way purposely tempted any faith. I had my course of chemo on 9th of March, so I haven't even left the house since that and Dirk was only making necessary trips for work and groceries).

Dirk tested positive on Tuesday, had mild temp and a cough. He did isolate from me as I only had my course of chemo 6 days before that. His isolation was useless as I tested positive next day (clearly I picked it up off him the night before).

Dirk spent exactly one day in bed with mild temp, all his symptoms went away by day 2, yesterday he was already testing negative.

I spent exactly one day in bed with mild temp on Thursday, yesterday temp went away and now I just have a runny nose and tickly cough, but feeling 100% fine otherwise.

Haven't tested myself again yet as obviously I still have mild symptoms, but it seems to be shifting three times faster than the first time we had it.

So yeah, looks like we, as adults, who know our own bodies inside and out, know exactly what we put in them, who chose body autonomy over coercion (getting random injections to be able to go for a pint isn't good enough reason) didn't make a wrong choice.

This is our personal experience and we do believe that people should always have a choice and shouldn't be shamed for it.

"

Good to hear you folks are good??

Yes....its great to see through out the world how these viruses thankfully get weaker(in death rate) as they spread and mutate worldwide... for the better for us all ...again i wouldnt wish anyone harm by any means n so on...its been a wild 2 yrs thats for sue.. and everyone chooses and choosen there path through out to some degree on there own part....goof stuff... stay safe folks

By *ajobMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"Can you remember who manufactured the vaccine and what it did to people? Once it was withdrawn the pandemic went away, strange that "

When?

When what?

Haha love how this is still a thing most of the world including me really don't care About covid now it's kinda over and done forgotten into history.

"Can you remember who manufactured the vaccine and what it did to people? Once it was withdrawn the pandemic went away, strange that "

Several different companies produced vaccines, all of them produced an immune response in people and offered protection against serious illness. None have been withdrawn, people are still getting them.

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

Batman is still wearing his mask and seems fine

By *ardiffuncutMan  over a year ago

Tonyrefail

Well from my little circle of people - I now have it - along with several colleagues and another 8 people I know through my daughter's child care and school - this is definitely more transmissible - that said I am a mild annoying cough and a bit tired (Paracetamol seems to knock almost all that in to check) - just an inevitably - I thought I had finally succomed to a cold after 2 years without.

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away."

I haven't read all the replies but just need to say this. I know 4 people who have testes there tests with oranges to get a false positive to get time off work. All for are unvaccanated and put there tests in and get 700euro for 2 weeks off work. Many other people are doing this all over Ireland. The nu.bers are flawed here and might be similar in the UK.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Six out of nine people in my staff team are off having 'tested positive'. None of them are sick. None of them have any symptoms.

I am sure they are getting some extra time off while they still can.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I wonder how many of those are false positives.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Haha love how this is still a thing most of the world including me really don't care About covid now it's kinda over and done forgotten into history. "
its not forgotten at all to be fair.

Durham

The ONS figures are a better measure of how many people have covid. They are a random sample isn't effected by the number of people who test. According to ONS 1 on 20 people in the uk have covid at the moment so 3.3 million is a pretty close figure.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I wonder how many of those are false positives."

10?

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

"Definition

A pandemic is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of individuals. A widespread endemic disease with a stable number of infected individuals is not a pandemic.

...therefore flu isn't a pandemic."

But some strains have been in the past.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"I wonder how many of those are false positives.

10?"

Manchester (she/her)

"The ONS figures are a better measure of how many people have covid. They are a random sample isn't effected by the number of people who test. According to ONS 1 on 20 people in the uk have covid at the moment so 3.3 million is a pretty close figure."

And after that's dismantled, we have Zoe, although that's a self selecting sample, and hospitalisations (lagging indicator).

By *ndrei09031Man  over a year ago

ruislip, london

I work for the zoe app, actually the one managing the lab which is processing the samples and I can tell you its not selective for own purposes. Our goal was always long covid, looking for finding and solutions in the long run, so you need to be selective in that respect. Our statistics are based only on what our users are uploading on daily basis. Yes maybe you can't cover the hospitals, but this is mainly just because the government never recognised us officially. We wanted to take them to court at some point and they gave us money, which now it will stop. This is not a vent, it's just an explanation maybe to understand better. Zoe on its own its an IT company that works with King's College and some other companies in the stats and Italy. I think what I'm trying yo say is that whatever we published as data is exactly what we are promising and what was our goal from the beginning.

Manchester (she/her)

"I work for the zoe app, actually the one managing the lab which is processing the samples and I can tell you its not selective for own purposes. Our goal was always long covid, looking for finding and solutions in the long run, so you need to be selective in that respect. Our statistics are based only on what our users are uploading on daily basis. Yes maybe you can't cover the hospitals, but this is mainly just because the government never recognised us officially. We wanted to take them to court at some point and they gave us money, which now it will stop. This is not a vent, it's just an explanation maybe to understand better. Zoe on its own its an IT company that works with King's College and some other companies in the stats and Italy. I think what I'm trying yo say is that whatever we published as data is exactly what we are promising and what was our goal from the beginning."

Oh no. Apologies. I mean that it's based on the people who choose to use the app (I do) rather than a truly random sample.

ruislip, london

No need to apologise, sorry if came across in a venting way. You are correct, if the government would have officially recognised the app maybe the pool of people would have been bigger. I think the last stats we have are that we are having around 5 million individuals using the app at least once, with around 800k a day on average. We mainly focused on people that logged in consecutive days for longer than 8-10 days. I mean this is what we recruited mainly for our sample collection. We look at them from all angles, blood , saliva, stool (microbiome) to try to understand in long term how this will affect us. And also we do a lot of mental things through our questionnaires.

Manchester (she/her)

"No need to apologise, sorry if came across in a venting way. You are correct, if the government would have officially recognised the app maybe the pool of people would have been bigger. I think the last stats we have are that we are having around 5 million individuals using the app at least once, with around 800k a day on average. We mainly focused on people that logged in consecutive days for longer than 8-10 days. I mean this is what we recruited mainly for our sample collection. We look at them from all angles, blood , saliva, stool (microbiome) to try to understand in long term how this will affect us. And also we do a lot of mental things through our questionnaires. "

Excellent. Thank you for what you do

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

Is it still killing people

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Is it still killing people "

No more than it ever was. Indeed considerably less. People still dying of Terminal Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Obesity, Circulatory Conditions, Dementia etc. Many of them have Covid, but they also have many other conditions which are exacerbated by their main condition (ie. their weakening immune system's condition allows other conditions, viruses and infections to affect them).

66% of my staff team are off work just now having tested positive. None of them are sick, or have ANY symptoms or need ANY medical treatment. Quite a fickle condition is Covid. Either that or the tests are crapulous. Eat your five-a-day and get plenty of sleep. Stay healthy!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

" Eat your five-a-day and get plenty of sleep. Stay healthy! "

Will that stop people dying from Covid?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Fortunately the virus is much weaker and our immune response much better. Covid was 10 times more dangerous than flu, it is now far less dangerous than flu

ruislip, london

Yeah eat your 5 a day and you become immortal...until something bad happens and then we start to cry and blame others.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Like driving, posting on social media should have a legal drink/post limit

Manchester (she/her)

"Yeah eat your 5 a day and you become immortal...until something bad happens and then we start to cry and blame others. "

Durham

"Fortunately the virus is much weaker and our immune response much better. Covid was 10 times more dangerous than flu, it is now far less dangerous than flu"

Covid is still much more dangerous than flu. Covid is still killing nearly a 1000 people a week. Even in at its worst flu only kills half that.

Brighton

"Fortunately the virus is much weaker and our immune response much better. Covid was 10 times more dangerous than flu, it is now far less dangerous than flu

Covid is still much more dangerous than flu. Covid is still killing nearly a 1000 people a week. Even in at its worst flu only kills half that. "

I would argue that your first point is still generally true but your last point is only true most years. I think it was 2018 when over 50,000 died of a Flu outbreak.

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"

Covid is still much more dangerous than flu. Covid is still killing nearly a 1000 people a week. Even in at its worst flu only kills half that. "

Covid is not killing 1000 people a week they die with it, 2 very different thing, you only have one part of what they died of/with. you need to know the full fact of their death (age/prior illnes etc..) which is something we are never told.

Very easy to manipulate the data as they see fit.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

Covid is still much more dangerous than flu. Covid is still killing nearly a 1000 people a week. Even in at its worst flu only kills half that.

Covid is not killing 1000 people a week they die with it, 2 very different thing, you only have one part of what they died of/with. you need to know the full fact of their death (age/prior illnes etc..) which is something we are never told.

Very easy to manipulate the data as they see fit."

What are the current figures?

Brighton

"

“Died with” vs “died of” needs to take account of whether Covid aggravated and/or accelerated a pre-existing condition. If it did then I think it only right to include in the number of Covid deaths.

ruislip, london

"

“Died with” vs “died of” needs to take account of whether Covid aggravated and/or accelerated a pre-existing condition. If it did then I think it only right to include in the number of Covid deaths. "

This is a very good and fair point. And this is the white institutions and hospital and countries rake advange. They don't make the difference in between whose two scenarios just because it comes down to money. Huge amount of money have been pump into this, and it's easier to have a share if you say your patients "died of". Nevertheless the result is the same sad one people find and will continue to die because covid.

ruislip, london

"Why institutions"

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"

“Died with” vs “died of” needs to take account of whether Covid aggravated and/or accelerated a pre-existing condition. If it did then I think it only right to include in the number of Covid deaths. "

It never ceases to amaze me how people can dismiss the impact covid can have on existing illnesses to the point it can expedite a persons end of life.

I'm starting to think the people who do play down the impact are possibly doing so as a subconscious coping mechanism.

Manchester (she/her)

"

“Died with” vs “died of” needs to take account of whether Covid aggravated and/or accelerated a pre-existing condition. If it did then I think it only right to include in the number of Covid deaths.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can dismiss the impact covid can have on existing illnesses to the point it can expedite a persons end of life.

I'm starting to think the people who do play down the impact are possibly doing so as a subconscious coping mechanism. "

100%. If the scary thing isn't real, I don't have to deal with my feelings.

Sadly, it's real, and we need to deal.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

So what kills them? If they are living with a health condition ( lots of the polpulation has them ) that they can happily live with for the rest of their life , is it the Covid that killed them or the health condition that they could live with for many many years and isn't terminal?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

population *

Brighton

"

I'm starting to think the people who do play down the impact are possibly doing so as a subconscious coping mechanism. "

Hmmm is that directly aimed at me?

If it is then I either made my point badly or you read it wrongly?

There are many people trying to discredit the total covid related death figures by making a clear distinction between OF and WITH and claiming that the latter should not count.

I am saying it SHOULD count as long as the pre-existing condition was made worse (aggravated or accelerated) by catching Covid.

An example (probably a poor one)... Joe has terminal cancer. He is being treated but likely only has 12 months to live. He catches Covid and dies within 2 months. He therefore lost 10 months of life and his family lost him far sooner than expected. In my book that counts against the Covid numbers because it clearly had an impact.

Another example... Mary is in hospital for an operation. During the operation there are complications and she dies. The autopsy finds she also had Covid but there was no connection to the issue during the operation that resulted in her death. That should not count as a Covid related death.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

What about this scenario?

So what kills them? If they are living with a health condition ( lots of the population has them ) that they can happily live with for the rest of their life , is it the Covid that killed them or the health condition that they could live with for many many years and isn't terminal?

Terra Firma

"

I'm starting to think the people who do play down the impact are possibly doing so as a subconscious coping mechanism.

There are many people trying to discredit the total covid related death figures by making a clear distinction between OF and WITH and claiming that the latter should not count.

I am saying it SHOULD count as long as the pre-existing condition was made worse (aggravated or accelerated) by catching Covid.

An example (probably a poor one)... Joe has terminal cancer. He is being treated but likely only has 12 months to live. He catches Covid and dies within 2 months. He therefore lost 10 months of life and his family lost him far sooner than expected. In my book that counts against the Covid numbers because it clearly had an impact.

Another example... Mary is in hospital for an operation. During the operation there are complications and she dies. The autopsy finds she also had Covid but there was no connection to the issue during the operation that resulted in her death. That should not count as a Covid related death. "

It wasn't aimed at you

Brighton

"

Another example... Mary is in hospital for an operation. During the operation there are complications and she dies. The autopsy finds she also had Covid but there was no connection to the issue during the operation that resulted in her death. That should not count as a Covid related death.

It wasn't aimed at you "

Brighton

"What about this scenario?

So what kills them? If they are living with a health condition ( lots of the population has them ) that they can happily live with for the rest of their life , is it the Covid that killed them or the health condition that they could live with for many many years and isn't terminal?"

Covid was clearly a driver that aggravated and/or accelerated that condition. Ergo Covid was responsible because had they not caught it they would have lived for months, years, decades longer.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Another example... Mary is in hospital for an operation. During the operation there are complications and she dies. The autopsy finds she also had Covid but there was no connection to the issue during the operation that resulted in her death. That should not count as a Covid related death. "

Not aimed at you.

I havent looked at a single covid news story for months.

Just living our normal lives now.

I really feel for people affected mentally by covid, its a heavy weight I think people are going to struggle to lift off.

Brighton

There is of course, sadly, another very common condition that a lot of people have where it is not fully obvious whether Covid did or did not aggravate or accelerate the symptoms. Stupidity.

Luckily you can’t catch Stupid (though sometimes I wonder)

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

It’s my turn today

Brighton

So what kills them? If they are living with a health condition ( lots of the population has them ) that they can happily live with for the rest of their life , is it the Covid that killed them or the health condition that they could live with for many many years and isn't terminal?

Covid was clearly a driver that aggravated and/or accelerated that condition. Ergo Covid was responsible because had they not caught it they would have lived for months, years, decades longer. "

Just to add to that...

For me it is really simple. If the person had not caught Covid would they still be alive beyond the 28 days. If the answer is yes, then Covid killed them.

By *llsaintMan  over a year ago

Tunbridge wells

Got me

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We've both tested positive today, having managed to avoid it previously.

Cal has cold symptoms, I have mild flu symptoms plus a tight chest and brain fog

Hopefully we will soon be clear with no lasting effects.

Nita

"

There is of course, sadly, another very common condition that a lot of people have where it is not fully obvious whether Covid did or did not aggravate or accelerate the symptoms. Stupidity.

Luckily you can’t catch Stupid (though sometimes I wonder) "

That virus has ripped through my workplace.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Covid was clearly a driver that aggravated and/or accelerated that condition. Ergo Covid was responsible because had they not caught it they would have lived for months, years, decades longer. "

What if the health condition they were living with was not anything to do with a lung problem which will eventually kill you of Covid?

Brighton

Covid was clearly a driver that aggravated and/or accelerated that condition. Ergo Covid was responsible because had they not caught it they would have lived for months, years, decades longer.

What if the health condition they were living with was not anything to do with a lung problem which will eventually kill you of Covid? "

I would have to give way to someone with more medical knowledge than me but my understanding is that while on the surface Covid is a respiratory illness it has also been found to impact on a wide range of other organs in the body. Hence the rather extensive range of Long Covid issues.

Manchester (she/her)

What if the health condition they were living with was not anything to do with a lung problem which will eventually kill you of Covid?

I would have to give way to someone with more medical knowledge than me but my understanding is that while on the surface Covid is a respiratory illness it has also been found to impact on a wide range of other organs in the body. Hence the rather extensive range of Long Covid issues."

My understanding is that it's increasingly thought of as a vascular disease.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I got Covid for second time on Friday despite being triple jabbed, it has not gone away & the next variant could be more lethal. we need more action from Government, not just hoping for the best.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I would have to give way to someone with more medical knowledge than me but my understanding is that while on the surface Covid is a respiratory illness it has also been found to impact on a wide range of other organs in the body. Hence the rather extensive range of Long Covid issues."

Would that mean the lung issue will probably be the cause of death as without the lungs we can't breath. My thinking is Covid pneumonia could kill you whether you eat five a day, sleep well or having other health conditions. For a lot of people, if they hadn't got Covid they would still be alive today

Brighton

I would have to give way to someone with more medical knowledge than me but my understanding is that while on the surface Covid is a respiratory illness it has also been found to impact on a wide range of other organs in the body. Hence the rather extensive range of Long Covid issues.

Would that mean the lung issue will probably be the cause of death as without the lungs we can't breath. My thinking is Covid pneumonia could kill you whether you eat five a day, sleep well or having other health conditions. For a lot of people, if they hadn't got Covid they would still be alive today "

Absolutely. The world has lost a lot of people who would still be here today (even with pre-existing conditions) were it not for Covid.

By *aximumperversionMan  over a year ago

Nationwide

"We got it again!

"

Belfast

" Eat your five-a-day and get plenty of sleep. Stay healthy!

Will that stop people dying from Covid?"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7858040/#!po=31.3333

As this official study suggests - a healthy lifestyle does reduce the risk of severe illness, therefore reducing the risk of death from covid.

Note how long ago this study was done - information was there all along, only nobody bothered to pay attention to it, because its easier to mask up and jab up than going for a jog (I hate jogging myself and would never choose it as means to keep me active) and cooking healthy, homemade meals instead of getting preservative ritch oven specials from Iceland.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If only those 180,000 plus people knew if they had eaten more carrots they would not have died

The report it seems asked 206 people what they ate and if they exercised, I wouldn't say that was an indepth study.

Belfast

"If only those 180,000 plus people knew if they had eaten more carrots they would not have died

The report it seems asked 206 people what they ate and if they exercised, I wouldn't say that was an indepth study. "

Obviously not everyone is the same and different people are of different age, have different underlying conditions and different overall physical health.

Over 3000 people were monitored, but only 206 fit the criteria of the study as they didn't include asymptomatic people, ones with very mild symptoms (which was the majority) and ones who were in critical condition.

It sounds like you're saying that eating fresh, nutritious food and being physically active has absolutely nothing to do with health

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am not sure how you got that from my post

What I am saying is a lot of people implying that you should eat veg, sleep, don't have any health conditions and you won't die of Covid

This is not true.

Belfast

"I am not sure how you got that from my post

What I am saying is a lot of people implying that you should eat veg, sleep, don't have any health conditions and you won't die of Covid

This is not true. "

They're saying it will lessen your chances of becoming severely ill or dying from it.

There's no guarantee that you won't die from anything in this world.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

This is not true.

They're saying it will lessen your chances of becoming severely ill or dying from it.

"

True.

I’m literally dying of boredom reading about Covid

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

The ONS figures are basics on part 1 of death certificates - so the cause contributing directly to death. They don’t include Covid numbers where Covid is mentioned in part 2.

So when my husband died his diabetes was mentioned in part 2. His death counted as a kidney cancer death, not as a diabetes related deaths.

Same as if Mary gets hit by a bus and it kills her, and then the autopsy reveals she has Covid that would be recorded in part 2. So she wouldn’t be counted in the ONS Covid death statistics because it didn’t directly contribute to her death.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"The ONS figures are basics on part 1 of death certificates - so the cause contributing directly to death. They don’t include Covid numbers where Covid is mentioned in part 2.

So when my husband died his diabetes was mentioned in part 2. His death counted as a kidney cancer death, not as a diabetes related deaths.

Same as if Mary gets hit by a bus and it kills her, and then the autopsy reveals she has Covid that would be recorded in part 2. So she wouldn’t be counted in the ONS Covid death statistics because it didn’t directly contribute to her death. "

This ^^^

By *sland-dudeMan  over a year ago

MANCHESTER, North west

By the look of it, the virus is following the situation of Russian invasion on Ukraine. In 3 months time, there will be something new...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This is not true.

"

Not all are. A lot have said if you are healthy and eat your greens you won't catch it. Also that if you do catch it and have underlying health conditions then that's why they are dead so tough luck.

That attitude has been all over the Virus section and other sites a lot over the last two years

Brighton

This is not true.

Not all are. A lot have said if you are healthy and eat your greens you won't catch it. Also that if you do catch it and have underlying health conditions then that's why they are dead so tough luck.

That attitude has been all over the Virus section and other sites a lot over the last two years"

Surely it is about risk mitigation/minimisation?

Vaccines reduce chance of developing serious symptoms.

Combine that with a healthy lifestyle and diet and it also helps most people to have a stronger natural immune system and reduces the chance of developing other health conditions that put you at higher risk from Covid.

What amazes me is two years into the pandemic and most people have decided to get jabbed but few(er) people appear to have also changed their lifestyle and diet even though they know the risks

"I got Covid for second time on Friday despite being triple jabbed, it has not gone away & the next variant could be more lethal. we need more action from Government, not just hoping for the best. "

Are you in ICU on a ventilator?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This is not true.

That attitude has been all over the Virus section and other sites a lot over the last two years

"

Yes.

However that won't change the attitude of some people who think everything will come up rosey if you eat five a day. Or the attitude of "oh , they are dead but what do you expect if they had underlying health conditions"....which is what I was addressing rather than how is the best way to try and stay healthy. I think we all know how we can do that.

Brighton

This is not true.

Yes.

However that won't change the attitude of some people who think everything will come up rosey if you eat five a day. Or the attitude of "oh , they are dead but what do you expect if they had underlying health conditions"....which is what I was addressing rather than how is the best way to try and stay healthy. I think we all know how we can do that.

"

Fair enough. I do laugh at the five a day thing though. In Denmark they advise on six a day.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

This is not true.

Yes.

Fair enough. I do laugh at the five a day thing though. In Denmark they advise on six a day."

I don't believe there's any scientific reasoning that concluded 5 a day was the correct diet at all. It was a californian marketing gimmick and stuck. It also doesn't distinguish between fruit (with high fructose) or vegetables.... Go figure...

It's a campaign that has obviously worked really well here in the UK since 2003...i mean we've seen obesity and diet related illnesses tumble haven't we?

Terra Firma

This is not true.

Yes.

Fair enough. I do laugh at the five a day thing though. In Denmark they advise on six a day.

I don't believe there's any scientific reasoning that concluded 5 a day was the correct diet at all. It was a californian marketing gimmick and stuck. It also doesn't distinguish between fruit (with high fructose) or vegetables.... Go figure...

It's a campaign that has obviously worked really well here in the UK since 2003...i mean we've seen obesity and diet related illnesses tumble haven't we? "

Best advice I have heard for a healthier diet, don't eat beige food.

By *minorMan  over a year ago

deed

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away."

Just saying

Sane people have moved on with their lives.

Brighton

This is not true.

Yes.

It's a campaign that has obviously worked really well here in the UK since 2003...i mean we've seen obesity and diet related illnesses tumble haven't we?

Best advice I have heard for a healthier diet, don't eat beige food. "

Good job Tikka Masala is red

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"I got Covid for second time on Friday despite being triple jabbed, it has not gone away & the next variant could be more lethal. we need more action from Government, not just hoping for the best.

Are you in ICU on a ventilator? "

no I am self isolating at home, we still have to in Wales

"I got Covid for second time on Friday despite being triple jabbed, it has not gone away & the next variant could be more lethal. we need more action from Government, not just hoping for the best.

Are you in ICU on a ventilator?

no I am self isolating at home, we still have to in Wales "

Get well soon

By *MistressDee!Woman  over a year ago

Chester-le-Street

This is not true.

True.

I’m literally dying of boredom reading about Covid "

By *MistressDee!Woman  over a year ago

Chester-le-Street

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying

Sane people have moved on with their lives. "

You are right, it seems that the inaccurate is presenting figures around 20% below the actual deaths caused by covid.

This article in the British Medical Journal should help to clarify the confusion.

Cal"

The ONS released the real facts about the deaths via a freedom of information request that a certain media station applied for back in December or January.

When the covid deaths reached 150,000,the media station requested the facts.

The ONS confirmed that 133,000 of those 150,000 had 3 to 4 health issues,no matter what virus got them it was extremly likely they were going to pass away.

The remaining 17,000 who died solely from covid,the average age was 75 and over,now that's 8,500 each year,this creates a very different story if these facts were released via the mainstream media,that amount of deaths probably doesn't even get in the top 20 deaths per year in the UK,especially when flu deaths totalled 400,000 to 500,000 in the years 2018 and 2019.

The government pushed the fear via the mainstream media,they had parties and weren't afraid of catching the virus.....why?,they weren't scared because they were closer to the real truth than anyone else...they weren't afraid because they knew it wasn't what they made it out to be.

Funny when they talk about spreading misinformation....from the ONS facts,it seems like the government and media were spreading misinformation.

You can't argue with the ONS,they a neutral body,no agenda...they deal merely with facts.

Never had it but never had the jab unlike everyone who has had it at work have had the jabs very strange

Yeah food shortages all part of the plan for the NWO and I ain’t being sarcastic

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Yeah food shortages all part of the plan for the NWO and I ain’t being sarcastic "

You're definitely not being sarcastic.

Winston

Durham

Cal

The ONS released the real facts about the deaths via a freedom of information request that a certain media station applied for back in December or January.

The ONS confirmed that 133,000 of those 150,000 had 3 to 4 health issues,no matter what virus got them it was extremly likely they were going to pass away.

The remaining 17,000 who died solely from covid,the average age was 75 and over,now that's 8,500 each year,this creates a very different story if these facts were released via the mainstream media,that amount of deaths probably doesn't even get in the top 20 deaths per year in the UK,especially when flu deaths totalled 400,000 to 500,000 in the years 2018 and 2019.

The government pushed the fear via the mainstream media,they had parties and weren't afraid of catching the virus.....why?,they weren't scared because they were closer to the real truth than anyone else...they weren't afraid because they knew it wasn't what they made it out to be.

Funny when they talk about spreading misinformation....from the ONS facts,it seems like the government and media were spreading misinformation.

You can't argue with the ONS,they a neutral body,no agenda...they deal merely with facts."

You are willfully misrepresenting this. People didn't have 3 or 4 co morbities. They had a least 1. Could be asthma copd diabetes high blood pressure be overweight or simply be old, ie a very high proportion of the population have at least one comorbity.Dying with or of is pretty irrelevant almost no one dies of cancer they die with it. Should we just ignore cancer I think not. You are wrong about flu deaths highest yearly since being properly recorded was 26000. A typical year there are 5 or 6 thousand deaths due to flu.

Cal

You can't argue with the ONS,they a neutral body,no agenda...they deal merely with facts.

You are willfully misrepresenting this. People didn't have 3 or 4 co morbities. They had a least 1. Could be asthma copd diabetes high blood pressure be overweight or simply be old, ie a very high proportion of the population have at least one comorbity.Dying with or of is pretty irrelevant almost no one dies of cancer they die with it. Should we just ignore cancer I think not. You are wrong about flu deaths highest yearly since being properly recorded was 26000. A typical year there are 5 or 6 thousand deaths due to flu. "

I got a bit mixed up about the flu deaths,I do apologise,I may have been reading the American flu deaths at some point as I don't just look what is going on in this country.

29,000 flu and pneumonia deaths in the UK for 2018 and 26,000 in 2019 according to the ONS,so still a lot more than 5 or 6000.

Anyways,people here can watch this and decide for themselves about covid deaths.

https://youtu.be/U90eDxJV_9k

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Cal

You are willfully misrepresenting this. People didn't have 3 or 4 co morbities. They had a least 1. Could be asthma copd diabetes high blood pressure be overweight or simply be old, ie a very high proportion of the population have at least one comorbity.Dying with or of is pretty irrelevant almost no one dies of cancer they die with it. Should we just ignore cancer I think not. You are wrong about flu deaths highest yearly since being properly recorded was 26000. A typical year there are 5 or 6 thousand deaths due to flu.

I got a bit mixed up about the flu deaths,I do apologise,I may have been reading the American flu deaths at some point as I don't just look what is going on in this country.

29,000 flu and pneumonia deaths in the UK for 2018 and 26,000 in 2019 according to the ONS,so still a lot more than 5 or 6000.

Anyways,people here can watch this and decide for themselves about covid deaths.

https://youtu.be/U90eDxJV_9k"

Who in their right mind would listen to anything farage has to say about anything lol

Cal

Who in their right mind would listen to anything farage has to say about anything lol"

Maybe true what you say about farage,but the ONS are facts,no matter who is bringing it to the public.

Cookstown

Cal

Who in their right mind would listen to anything farage has to say about anything lol

Maybe true what you say about farage,but the ONS are facts,no matter who is bringing it to the public."

I wouldn't trust farage to interpret any ONS data

Cal

Maybe true what you say about farage,but the ONS are facts,no matter who is bringing it to the public.

I wouldn't trust farage to interpret any ONS data"

I know but he had the former ONS boss on explaining it too.

By *agicfingerslovelyMan  over a year ago

Rugby

"One of the issues with rising cases is more opportunity for the virus to mutate. If it's a weaker strain then great but this isn't guaranteed. Just keep being sensible and kind. "

By *minorMan  over a year ago

deed

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away."

Just saying...

No one claims it has, theres more to life then being consumed with covid hysteria

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

No one claims it has, theres more to life then being consumed with covid hysteria "

Exactly mate,people won't let us move on.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"One of the issues with rising cases is more opportunity for the virus to mutate. If it's a weaker strain then great but this isn't guaranteed. Just keep being sensible and kind. "

This is a very insular view of the problem

Lack of vaccination in less developed (poorer) countries would be the main driver of mutation most likely

Unfortunately these countries are being left behind due to the profit driven nature of the pharma companies that are selling the vaccine

Also not helped by developed countries insisting on 3rd and 4tg shots before large swathes of the world have had their 1st

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

You are correct of course but almost no one die of cancer but from something else related to it. So because virtually no one dies of cancer but with it we should just ignore that too."

And now that tests are no longer free via the NHS, who is actually testing?

Not many at £2.50 a pop and £17 for 5.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I wonder how many of those are false positives."
around 99% plus ! It’s a PCR pandemic!

Cookstown

"I wonder how many of those are false positives.around 99% plus ! It’s a PCR pandemic! "

Spoken like an expert in immunology

Cookstown

"I wonder how many of those are false positives.around 99% plus ! It’s a PCR pandemic! "

Maybe you'd like to do explain to us idiots just how it's possible to get a false positive on a pcr test ?

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Wrong tests tend to go the other way and give a false negative, in my experience. Especially lateral flow.

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

You are correct of course but almost no one die of cancer but from something else related to it. So because virtually no one dies of cancer but with it we should just ignore that too.

And now that tests are no longer free via the NHS, who is actually testing?

Not many at £2.50 a pop and £17 for 5."

£17 for 5 wouldn't it be cheaper to buy 5 singles for £12.50 just saying every little helps

Manchester (she/her)

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

No one claims it has, theres more to life then being consumed with covid hysteria

Exactly mate,people won't let us move on."

Maybe posting in a section about Covid, on a thread that's weeks old, might not be conducive to your desire to move on?

By *iberatedduoCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

Tell us something we don’t know. I read today mps are lobbying the government to scrap reporting daily cases. About time too.

Manchester (she/her)

"Tell us something we don’t know. I read today mps are lobbying the government to scrap reporting daily cases. About time too. "

Maybe, if reporting on a pandemic troubles you, you should exercise some personal responsibility and not look?

Ashbourne

"Tell us something we don’t know. I read today mps are lobbying the government to scrap reporting daily cases. About time too.

Maybe, if reporting on a pandemic troubles you, you should exercise some personal responsibility and not look?"

Only this is more the endemic now and we all need to get used to living with covid as it’s to be treated like any other respiratory condition according to number 10. I can’t say it troubles me but after 2 years of restrictions you’d think we should be moving on putting it behind us!

Manchester (she/her)

"Tell us something we don’t know. I read today mps are lobbying the government to scrap reporting daily cases. About time too.

Maybe, if reporting on a pandemic troubles you, you should exercise some personal responsibility and not look?

Only this is more the endemic now and we all need to get used to living with covid as it’s to be treated like any other respiratory condition according to number 10. I can’t say it troubles me but after 2 years of restrictions you’d think we should be moving on putting it behind us! "

If you want to trust your health to anything the government says... better you than me.

You're welcome to do as you wish. No one is stopping you from disengaging.

By *cotty1376Man  over a year ago

PRESTON

it won't go away , but we need to get used to it ( herd ammunity ) we need to catch it for our ammune systems to fight it, its not as contagious as they say , my nephew has had it the last week, ive been round him everyday looking after him yet i haven't caught it , explain why ?

Manchester (she/her)

"it won't go away , but we need to get used to it ( herd ammunity ) we need to catch it for our ammune systems to fight it, its not as contagious as they say , my nephew has had it the last week, ive been round him everyday looking after him yet i haven't caught it , explain why ?"

My immune system has seen the vaccine.

As for Covid, this is why I mask.

The plural of anecdote, in the case of your nephew, is not data.

Ashbourne

"it won't go away , but we need to get used to it ( herd ammunity ) we need to catch it for our ammune systems to fight it, its not as contagious as they say , my nephew has had it the last week, ive been round him everyday looking after him yet i haven't caught it , explain why ?"

Likewise I had two relations go down with it over new year. Currently a friend has it so despite coming into contact 3 times neither of us has tested positive.

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

Maybe posting in a section about Covid, on a thread that's weeks old, might not be conducive to your desire to move on?"

It needed to be done,and anyways I'd I'd notice it was weeks old.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

Maybe posting in a section about Covid, on a thread that's weeks old, might not be conducive to your desire to move on?

It needed to be done,and anyways I'd I'd notice it was weeks old."

What needed to be done?

It seems to me that looking at a section called "virus" will get people talking about the virus.

Do you also go into the bikers section and tell people there are other modes of transportation?

Stockport

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

Exactly mate,people won't let us move on."

So sorry that I come into your home, tie you to a chair, and force you to read posts on a forum section called "Virus". Oh wait, I don't do that at all. There is absolutely nobody forcing you to look under the heading "Virus", in fact the heading "Virus" is specifically there so that you won't accidentally read any of those posts that are troubling you so much. The only person that is not letting you move on from the Virus forum is yourself.

North West

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

What needed to be done?

It seems to me that looking at a section called "virus" will get people talking about the virus.

Do you also go into the bikers section and tell people there are other modes of transportation?"

I think the Bikers section should be removed because I can't ride any kind of bike (engined or not) therefore it shouldn't exist

Stockport

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

What needed to be done?

Do you also go into the bikers section and tell people there are other modes of transportation?

I think the Bikers section should be removed because I can't ride any kind of bike (engined or not) therefore it shouldn't exist "

Can we get rid of the Australia and New Zealand sections as well please, because I don't live there, therefore they shouldn't exist.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

What needed to be done?

I think the Bikers section should be removed because I can't ride any kind of bike (engined or not) therefore it shouldn't exist "

Manchester (she/her)

"Just saying.

It ain't gone away.

Just saying...

What needed to be done?

I think the Bikers section should be removed because I can't ride any kind of bike (engined or not) therefore it shouldn't exist

Can we get rid of the Australia and New Zealand sections as well please, because I don't live there, therefore they shouldn't exist."

I think Australia is an invention of the deep state. And New Zealand is obviously just Tolkein.

» Add a new message to this topic