FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Travel insurance - covid related

Travel insurance - covid related

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Off on my first trip abroad since August 2020. My travel insurance has expired.. I have been looking but they all have such a lot of small print on what's covered and not covered when it comes to covid related claims.

Anyone got any good recommendations for cover for annual cover , no prior health issues etc...

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just got one from Puffin. Leisure Guard are pretty good too.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Off on my first trip abroad since August 2020. My travel insurance has expired.. I have been looking but they all have such a lot of small print on what's covered and not covered when it comes to covid related claims.

Anyone got any good recommendations for cover for annual cover , no prior health issues etc...

Thanks"

Don't like making recommendations as each person has different medical conditions.

My only advice is phone the companies and ask them if you contract covid while overseas will they cover private medical care and repatriation.

Most are quite helpful but some just want you to read the information on their Web site.

Good luck.

Thanks x

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Staysure

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Off on my first trip abroad since August 2020. My travel insurance has expired.. I have been looking but they all have such a lot of small print on what's covered and not covered when it comes to covid related claims.

Thanks"

What would you specifically want covering?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Maybe the easiest way would be to just ask them if they cover a specific problem you are worried about ?

If they reply you will have it in black and white

Thanks

"

that if I caught covid while away costs would be covered

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Thanks

that if I caught covid while away costs would be covered "

Would this cover be the same as if you came down with any illness whilst on holiday?

For example, If you are too ill to fly home, does it matter what illness you have?

I think the cover to confirm, is how are you covered if you are ill whilst abroad.

My insurance for a minor illness that prevented me from flying, I would need to pick up costs of hotels and flights and also get a doctors record of my illness. I would then be reimbursed when I get back and claim. I'm also covered for emergency treatment and evacuation up to 250K.

You may want insurance that picks up costs of hotels and flights rather than, claiming when you get back.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

We are just using the travel insurance covered by our bank , most insurance company’s are a rip off anyway and would do anything to get out of paying

By *trongbobMan  over a year ago

rochester

I used staysure and they paid out for my 3k holiday when I had to cancel because I tested positive on my pre flight pcr test

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

We use staysure

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I’ve just bought my insurance through Paying too much who had the best covid covid and I checked many different companies

» Add a new message to this topic