FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > LFT

LFT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Hi, going through my first COVID experience. I have to test regularly and always had a negative test result until Sunday night. I worked with two people who tested positive on Wednesday but my LFT only started showing a positive line late Sunday night. I did one tonight but this time the positive line was fainter. Anyone know what this means? Am I less infectious? Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The guidance suggests that a "faint" positive could be due to a lower viral load, or due to a contaminate (Such as food, drink, smoking) reducing the sensitivity of the test.

Cal

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

I wouldn't read too much into how clear those lines are, it's still showing positive.

Not sure how reliable these tests are either. My son had some symptoms, kept testing negative. The day he had no symptoms the test came back positive. He will have been infectious before the first symptoms appeared, so it looks like these tests aren't picking it up quickly enough.

Are you now free to do what you want when you have a positive test? Up here they're still expecting people to isolate, so had to ground my boy for a week until he came up with negative tests x

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

I have just had Covid, tested positive previous Tuesday, started testing on Sunday as my Day 5. On Tuesday, the positive line was very clear and dark, Sunday- thinner and lighter. Getting thinner and lighter for the next 2 days and taking time to appear. Then finally no positive line on the test yesterday - nearly used magnifying glass to double check lol.

My guess is, as our bodies fight the virus, there is less and less viral load detectable, that's why the lines are fainter.

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

That's also our experience of positive LFTs.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I have just had Covid, tested positive previous Tuesday, started testing on Sunday as my Day 5. On Tuesday, the positive line was very clear and dark, Sunday- thinner and lighter. Getting thinner and lighter for the next 2 days and taking time to appear. Then finally no positive line on the test yesterday - nearly used magnifying glass to double check lol.

My guess is, as our bodies fight the virus, there is less and less viral load detectable, that's why the lines are fainter. "

You are probably right or the viral load where you have sampled is lower, ie your nose and back of your throat. Could still have a high viral load deeper in your airways. It does seem that people are more infectious when they have a high viral load higher in their airways.

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

If faint lines still got it ...you need 2 negative tests before you can go back to work...Good luck

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

There's no legal requirement now to isolate or stay away from work even if you do test positive, although some might argue that its monumentally selfish/stupid to go into work if you know you have Covid. I guess employers may have their own requirements?

Healthcare will want a LFT confirmed by PCR then 2 negative LFTs 24 hours apart before you can return to work.

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

"There's no legal requirement now to isolate or stay away from work even if you do test positive, although some might argue that its monumentally selfish/stupid to go into work if you know you have Covid. I guess employers may have their own requirements?

Healthcare will want a LFT confirmed by PCR then 2 negative LFTs 24 hours apart before you can return to work."

I work in care, we no longer have to do a PCR to confirm that we're positive for Covid. But the 2 negative LFTs- yes, tested daily from no sooner than Day 5.

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS  over a year ago

dudley

I’ve been doing tests for the last year because of work mainly on a weekly basis, tests have mainly been the ones with the NHS logo, but recently I’ve been stocking up because of having pay in future i now have 2 other makes flowflex and orient genes, I had what I thought was hay fever so did a test with one of the new ones and was Positive in seconds so as an experiment I tried the other 2 types other one also was positive but NHS one looked negative on first look but was very faint line, after this I don’t trust the NHS test I know for definite i have covid because it’s knocked me off my feet and I feeling quite ill lost my taste and smell

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lft test we had 3 makes and only one brand tested positive....

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"There's no legal requirement now to isolate or stay away from work even if you do test positive, although some might argue that its monumentally selfish/stupid to go into work if you know you have Covid. I guess employers may have their own requirements?

Healthcare will want a LFT confirmed by PCR then 2 negative LFTs 24 hours apart before you can return to work."

Irrespective of requirements, personally I would assume that the right thing to do when you know you have it is to stay away from other people till you are negative. Why would anyone want to pass it on to their colleagues or fellow travellers for example on a plane or someone vulnerable if they know they have tasted positive. My opinion, and I know others may think otherwise, but for me I believe its the decent thing to do.

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS  over a year ago

dudley

"The guidance suggests that a "faint" positive could be due to a lower viral load, or due to a contaminate (Such as food, drink, smoking) reducing the sensitivity of the test.

Cal"

maybe why I had a faint positive from the test which involved swabbing my tonsils and the other 2 was just the nasal swab which gave an immediate positive, I did read something last year that certain fruit drinks caused a false positive

» Add a new message to this topic