FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > COVID twice fairly quickly

COVID twice fairly quickly

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So my Lexi has now contracted COVID for the second time in the space of two months, possibly due to the new Omicron variant having a faster reinfection rate. Has this happened to anyone else so quickly?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

My daughter has had it twice since Christmas

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"My daughter has had it twice since Christmas "

Ditto for a work colleague.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"So my Lexi has now contracted COVID for the second time in the space of two months, possibly due to the new Omicron variant having a faster reinfection rate. Has this happened to anyone else so quickly?"

Yeah other half got it 5 and a bit weeks later tested negative consistently in between at least twice a week. Girl at work has had it 3 times but not since September 21 and she has been testing too.

While I'm glad it's not just us, I do hope you friends and family recover/did recover quickly.

Durham

Statistically 1 in 13 have it now. You are going to get it 2 to 4 times a year for the foreseeable. Obviously we get flu once every 5 to 15 years and we live with that.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Statistically 1 in 13 have it now. You are going to get it 2 to 4 times a year for the foreseeable. Obviously we get flu once every 5 to 15 years and we live with that."

I can't remember the last time I had the flu.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Statistically 1 in 13 have it now. You are going to get it 2 to 4 times a year for the foreseeable. Obviously we get flu once every 5 to 15 years and we live with that."

We've both had it only once, almost exactly 2yrs ago. Fuck knows how we've avoided it since...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is that for vaxxed or non-vaxxed or both?

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Statistically 1 in 13 have it now. You are going to get it 2 to 4 times a year for the foreseeable. Obviously we get flu once every 5 to 15 years and we live with that.

I can't remember the last time I had the flu. "

I don't know if I ever had flu in my life (never got the flu jab) - there's no free tests to order online

Missus

Those jabs working wonders (we are jabbed by the way) …the people we know who are not jabbed have been the healthiest I’ve met in the last 3 years, jabbed including us have been I’ll and tested positive in the last 3 years. Wish we didn’t bother now, wife had booster too, personally I’m never having another jab.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

My nephew had it twice within 6 weeks.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

We've both had it only once, almost exactly 2yrs ago. Fuck knows how we've avoided it since..."

I've never had it. Neither have my parents and two of my children

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Statistically 1 in 13 have it now. You are going to get it 2 to 4 times a year for the foreseeable. Obviously we get flu once every 5 to 15 years and we live with that.

I don't know if I ever had flu in my life (never got the flu jab) - there's no free tests to order online

Missus "

Anyone who has the flu won't need a test to tell them

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Missus

Anyone who has the flu won't need a test to tell them"

That is very true. Also anyone using the phrases "I have mild flu" or "you only have flu" has clearly never had it.

Cookstown

Missus

That is very true. Also anyone using the phrases "I have mild flu" or "you only have flu" has clearly never had it. "

And fortunately for the world it's much less transmissible than Covid !!

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

Missus

That is very true. Also anyone using the phrases "I have mild flu" or "you only have flu" has clearly never had it.

And fortunately for the world it's much less transmissible than Covid !!"

Flu is a bit like covid in that sense ... a lot of people have it, don't feel ill at all or just a bit under the weather, but are going round spreading it to more vulnerable people. Up to 50% of cases are asymptomatic.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Those jabs working wonders (we are jabbed by the way) …the people we know who are not jabbed have been the healthiest I’ve met in the last 3 years, jabbed including us have been I’ll and tested positive in the last 3 years. Wish we didn’t bother now, wife had booster too, personally I’m never having another jab. "
be glad you did have it. My unvaccinated daughter in law.. a healthy young lady got knocked sideways. By comparison, several of my little old ladies caught it while in hospital recently and had it very mildly. Compared to the year before when our elderly got it and they weren't jabbed and many passed away.

"Those jabs working wonders (we are jabbed by the way) …the people we know who are not jabbed have been the healthiest I’ve met in the last 3 years, jabbed including us have been I’ll and tested positive in the last 3 years. Wish we didn’t bother now, wife had booster too, personally I’m never having another jab. be glad you did have it. My unvaccinated daughter in law.. a healthy young lady got knocked sideways. By comparison, several of my little old ladies caught it while in hospital recently and had it very mildly. Compared to the year before when our elderly got it and they weren't jabbed and many passed away. "

Fair point and very sad

Is that for vaxxed or non-vaxxed or both?"

It doesn't matter, you can still catch it either way

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Missus

Have you had it? How did you know? Tested?

"Those jabs working wonders (we are jabbed by the way) …the people we know who are not jabbed have been the healthiest I’ve met in the last 3 years, jabbed including us have been I’ll and tested positive in the last 3 years. Wish we didn’t bother now, wife had booster too, personally I’m never having another jab. "

Couldn’t agree more only had first two have had so many colds since taking them. Def not ever having another one

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

The vaccines are indeed working as far less people who get covid are dying so saying they aren’t working is ridiculous. Vaccines have never stopped someone from potentially getting a virus but being able to deal with it better!!

By *ooljoeMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I have had covid twice.The first happened September 2020,won't forget this date anytime soon.it was so severe for four days,changed my heart beat like I was gona have a cardiac arrest. Good job I was prepared beforehand with every immune support nutrients/ supplements.it was such a tough and horrible experience.Sadly,on January 2020 kids from school passed it on to me at home But was mild and less severe.

Cookstown

Missus

Have you had it? How did you know? Tested? "

You'll know

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Missus

Does that mean that flu is worse than covid?

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

[Removed by poster at 03/04/22 01:24:20]

Durham

Missus

Does that mean that flu is worse than covid? "

Flu is quite horrid but you only get it once or twice in your lifetime. It is pretty deadly. Is covid worse than flu it's seems it is but not massively but the thing about covid it is about 50 times easier to pass on. So the way things stand you will get covid once or twice a year not once or twice a lifetime

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Those jabs working wonders (we are jabbed by the way) …the people we know who are not jabbed have been the healthiest I’ve met in the last 3 years, jabbed including us have been I’ll and tested positive in the last 3 years. Wish we didn’t bother now, wife had booster too, personally I’m never having another jab.

Couldn’t agree more only had first two have had so many colds since taking them. Def not ever having another one "

I have inflamtion of my Central nervous system and spinal cord as a side effect from one jab. They dont understand why i dont want the second....

Iv had it 3 times since Christmas!

Missus

Does that mean that flu is worse than covid?

Flu is quite horrid but you only get it once or twice in your lifetime. It is pretty deadly. Is covid worse than flu it's seems it is but not massively but the thing about covid it is about 50 times easier to pass on. So the way things stand you will get covid once or twice a year not once or twice a lifetime"

You've gone from getting Covid 2 to 4 times a year further above to once or twice a year here.

Which is it?

By *iscreet gent2018Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Luckily I’ve never had it and hope it stays that wet. I’m triple jabbed yet so are all my family and they’ve all had it. There seems to be little to no pattern as to who gets it, or when. I feel for all you having it back to back and hope it hasn’t/doesn’t impact your lives too much.

By *iscreet gent2018Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 03/04/22 07:10:13]

"Those jabs working wonders (we are jabbed by the way) …the people we know who are not jabbed have been the healthiest I’ve met in the last 3 years, jabbed including us have been I’ll and tested positive in the last 3 years. Wish we didn’t bother now, wife had booster too, personally I’m never having another jab.

The vaccines are indeed working as far less people who get covid are dying so saying they aren’t working is ridiculous. Vaccines have never stopped someone from potentially getting a virus but being able to deal with it better!!"

And how do you know that people aren't dying less because the strains have become less "deadly"? Certainly that's what's being peddled in the media - less deadly but more transmissible.

My daughter who is 14 got it twice within 4 weeks, first time mildly, 2nd time much worse

wigan

Missus

You'll know"

That’s not an answer to the questions asked!

By *verAverageLaxedMaverickMan  over a year ago

London

Had it at the start of 2020 very early on and been fit as a fiddle ever since . No jabs whatsoever them , not for me thankyou I am not being a crash test dummy for a rushed out vaccine that skipped all long term safety checks .

Durham

"Had it at the start of 2020 very early on and been fit as a fiddle ever since . No jabs whatsoever them , not for me thankyou I am not being a crash test dummy for a rushed out vaccine that skipped all long term safety checks ."

How did you know you had it at the start of 2020. No testing back then. Your choice not to have a vaccine. But every covid vaccine has had all the checks every other vaccine has had.

wigan

"Had it at the start of 2020 very early on and been fit as a fiddle ever since . No jabs whatsoever them , not for me thankyou I am not being a crash test dummy for a rushed out vaccine that skipped all long term safety checks .

How did you know you had it at the start of 2020. No testing back then. Your choice not to have a vaccine. But every covid vaccine has had all the checks every other vaccine has had."

Most other vaccines have had time.

Please stop testing it’s insanity

Durham

[Removed by poster at 03/04/22 10:45:55]

Durham

"Please stop testing it’s insanity "

We pretty much have stopped testing that is one of the reasons that so many people have covid now.

Durham

"Had it at the start of 2020 very early on and been fit as a fiddle ever since . No jabs whatsoever them , not for me thankyou I am not being a crash test dummy for a rushed out vaccine that skipped all long term safety checks .

How did you know you had it at the start of 2020. No testing back then. Your choice not to have a vaccine. But every covid vaccine has had all the checks every other vaccine has had.

Most other vaccines have had time."

Which ones? Vaccination roll or even medicine roll out is slowed by lack of resources not testing time. These vaccines have had more resources than any in history.

Cookstown

[Removed by poster at 03/04/22 10:58:58]

Cookstown

Missus

You'll know

That’s not an answer to the questions asked! "

One day you'll know

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I choose to exercise personal responsibility and free choice.

London

[Removed by poster at 03/04/22 11:09:24]

London

I did write a response but thought twice about it & I’m out I’m busy this morning and haven’t got time for a debate , everyone is entitled to their own opinion anyway good day all X

wigan

Most other vaccines have had time.

Which ones? Vaccination roll or even medicine roll out is slowed by lack of resources not testing time. These vaccines have had more resources than any in history."

Old vaccines!

wigan

Missus

You'll know

That’s not an answer to the questions asked!

One day you'll know"

That clears it up !

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"So my Lexi has now contracted COVID for the second time in the space of two months, possibly due to the new Omicron variant having a faster reinfection rate. Has this happened to anyone else so quickly?"

Since November, there have been 2 variations with one of the having a two sub variations.

When BA1 (Omicron) was running riot in December that pushed Delta out, the BA2 variant was growing in Norway. BA2 is now the UK's dominant strain and easily spread.

In theory, it is possible to have caught 3 variants in quick succession, Delta, Omicron BA1 and Omicron BA2. I suspect with your timings you have had BA1 and now BA2.

Re-infection is highly possible so don't be surprised is you caught it again. The best policy is use caution of staying away from those likely infected and prevent spread if you have it yourself.

At this point, vaccine deniers jump in and claim this is why vaccines don't work. No one ever claimed after vaccination, you will never catch COVID which at first was the hope but reality proved different.

Due to speed of infection and a lag in response of immune system, it is inevitable that it can be caught in an endless cycle, however by having previous infection or vaccine - when you do get infected, there is immune response available to stop it becoming life threatening for the 'majority'.

Which is why removing availability of LFT and being able to legally go out and spread it, is not the best policy.

It is not surprising and from NHS staff I know, not unique.

Lol ^

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

Why is it insanity?

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Probably the same mentality that refuses to wear masks and isolate from others.

"If you don't test you don't have cases"

By *aucey CheleWoman  over a year ago

Elstree

And not good when your not allowed to ho to work xx

"So my Lexi has now contracted COVID for the second time in the space of two months, possibly due to the new Omicron variant having a faster reinfection rate. Has this happened to anyone else so quickly?

Since November, there have been 2 variations with one of the having a two sub variations.

When BA1 (Omicron) was running riot in December that pushed Delta out, the BA2 variant was growing in Norway. BA2 is now the UK's dominant strain and easily spread.

In theory, it is possible to have caught 3 variants in quick succession, Delta, Omicron BA1 and Omicron BA2. I suspect with your timings you have had BA1 and now BA2.

Re-infection is highly possible so don't be surprised is you caught it again. The best policy is use caution of staying away from those likely infected and prevent spread if you have it yourself.

At this point, vaccine deniers jump in and claim this is why vaccines don't work. No one ever claimed after vaccination, you will never catch COVID which at first was the hope but reality proved different.

Due to speed of infection and a lag in response of immune system, it is inevitable that it can be caught in an endless cycle, however by having previous infection or vaccine - when you do get infected, there is immune response available to stop it becoming life threatening for the 'majority'.

Which is why removing availability of LFT and being able to legally go out and spread it, is not the best policy.

It is not surprising and from NHS staff I know, not unique."

Good interesting post, thank you. The different strains of Omicron do make sense. We have noted the second COVID run seems far less severe than the first.

"My daughter who is 14 got it twice within 4 weeks, first time mildly, 2nd time much worse "

Poor soul, we've found it the other way round. Hope she's better now.

"Iv had it 3 times since Christmas! "

You deserve a break from it now.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Yep I’ve got it again on top of my existing long covid.

Luckily I’m not as poorly this time, but it’s definitely the same!

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Had it twice now. By the timings it was likely original strain and omicron. Felt slightly worse the second time around after being double jabbed. I had been burning the candle at both end solidly for a month or so beforehand though so I think my immune system was fried. Still wasn't that bad though thankfully.

Had it twice. Once last November and again in February. If my work didn’t require weekly test I would have never known I had it the second time.

[Removed by poster at 07/04/22 20:06:40]

By *uffsandCropsCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Daughter tested positive today at work. She had it a few months ago.

Obviously these new strains don't care if you've had it before or been vaccinated.

At least it's not as deadly with us being vaccinated now, fingers crossed.

I'm so fed up of covid, wish it would just bugger off

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Oh great, something to look forward to.

By *uffsandCropsCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Oh great, something to look forward to. "

I honestly didn't think we'd get it in our house so soon!

Happy days

Missus

That is very true. Also anyone using the phrases "I have mild flu" or "you only have flu" has clearly never had it. "

I had it,and I've had worse flu and other viruses.

» Add a new message to this topic