FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > a new lock down

a new lock down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

Some are saying a new lock down is coming?

what do folk think?

are you as pissed of with them as I am?

but most of all if one comes do you think folk this time around will adere to them

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Some are saying a new lock down is coming?

what do folk think?

but most of all if one comes do you think folk this time around will adere to them"

I suspect another lockdown would not go down well after the fines issues to our country’s leaders

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

what do folk think?

but most of all if one comes do you think folk this time around will adere to them"

Not sure who's saying that, unless something severe changes with the virus, we're long past lockdowns.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Who are saying a new lockdown is coming ? X

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

There's been one in China.

Not news.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Unlikely. NHS leaders would like masks to come back - which I suppose the unhinged define as lockdown, even if everything is open.

It's too politically toxic.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Unlikely. NHS leaders would like masks to come back - which I suppose the unhinged define as lockdown, even if everything is open.

It's too politically toxic."

Not to mention any economic implications too

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

what do folk think?

So, who’s actually saying this? A credible source, or Karen from Facebook?

By *ustme1820Woman  over a year ago

Southcoast Gosport

what do folk think?

could you show your source to who these ‘some’ are op please?

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"Who are saying a new lockdown is coming ? X"

The OP hasn't shared that info. The OP does ay 'Mid Aug' though (shrug) xx

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

Not a chance

"Not a chance "

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

what do folk think?

I think next autumn is going to be a challenge and something will have to be done. A "Lockdown" is probably pointless though. We never really had one in the first place when people were mostly OK following what turns out to have been largely ignored by some leaders. So no chance of it was labelled a lockdown it would be followed.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

what do folk think?

but most of all if one comes do you think folk this time around will adere to them

So, who’s actually saying this? A credible source, or Karen from Facebook? "

Yes, Professor Karen Skank from University of KFC.

By *ldbutrandyMan  over a year ago

Walsall

"There's been one in China.

Not news."

The Chinese have problems as they have managed to stop the less infectious strain running rampant. As we did.

Now , this latest ones so infectious there's no stopping it.

By *attoo manMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

Would never believe a word Boris ever says again.. Fuck his lockdown i wont being doing it.

By *plofsinnersCouple  over a year ago

Haddington

Don't think we will have another lockdown. We will have to start living with covid

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Would never believe a word Boris ever says again.. Fuck his lockdown i wont being doing it. "

Out of interest, what words from Boris did you believe?

Reading

what do folk think?

So, who’s actually saying this? A credible source, or Karen from Facebook?

Yes, Professor Karen Skank from University of KFC. "

Reading

OP seems to have a history of creating posts and then not responding to them #greenarrow

Rhyl

"Would never believe a word Boris ever says again.. Fuck his lockdown i wont being doing it.

Out of interest, what words from Boris did you believe? "

Lol nothing out of his mouth is true.

Terra Firma

"Would never believe a word Boris ever says again.. Fuck his lockdown i wont being doing it.

Out of interest, what words from Boris did you believe? Lol nothing out of his mouth is true."

I'm glad you have cleared that up! I thought we had a live one, out in the wild for a moment

Manchester (she/her)

"Would never believe a word Boris ever says again.. Fuck his lockdown i wont being doing it. "

Fortunately I'm able to judge a situation independent of whether a politician endorses it or not.

[Removed by poster at 18/04/22 18:23:20]

Guess what they can do with another lockdown? Go fxxk themselves is one thing! Majority of people will not be taking part in another lockdown so good luck with that.

Rhyl

"Guess what they can do with another lockdown? Go fxxk themselves is one thing! Majority of people will not be taking part in another lockdown so good luck with that."
Well said

The foundation's are being set as we speak. BORRIS stated last week he can not rule out another lockdown when a more contagious variant turns up. which they are stating has happend already. As soon as the elections are done COVID will be all over the news AGIAN. In fact they are advertising for covid pass delivery managers.

Manchester (she/her)

"The foundation's are being set as we speak. BORRIS stated last week he can not rule out another lockdown when a more contagious variant turns up. which they are stating has happend already. As soon as the elections are done COVID will be all over the news AGIAN. In fact they are advertising for covid pass delivery managers. "

Shrug. Nothing can ever be ruled out. If Covid turns into Ebola, there'll be another lockdown.

Is that likely? Don't know. Probably not.

Is it possible to rule out? No. Nothing is possible to rule out - except Boris Johnson telling the truth about anything

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

If covid turns into something really nasty, then people will lock themselves down even if the government pleads with them to keep working. Let's say covid omega causes bleeding from the eyes, nose, mouth and genitals, followed by agonising death within 24 hours... I reckon film of a single case of that being shown on the telly and even the most rabid deniers will be saying "fuck this, we're keeping our heads down".

However, anything short of that and no, there won't be any mass lockdown.

There WILL be a small number of people that will continue to try keeping themselves safe, as they have done for the past two years. Hopefully this will be enough to rebuild the population when everyone else has died of cov-aids...

Fortunately I'm able to judge a situation independent of whether a politician endorses it or not."

Shocking how many would run across a busy motorway if Boris did it!

"Guess what they can do with another lockdown? Go fxxk themselves is one thing! Majority of people will not be taking part in another lockdown so good luck with that."

My thoughts exactly

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"The foundation's are being set as we speak. BORRIS stated last week he can not rule out another lockdown when a more contagious variant turns up. which they are stating has happend already. As soon as the elections are done COVID will be all over the news AGIAN. In fact they are advertising for covid pass delivery managers.

Shrug. Nothing can ever be ruled out. If Covid turns into Ebola, there'll be another lockdown.

Is that likely? Don't know. Probably not.

Is it possible to rule out? No. Nothing is possible to rule out - except Boris Johnson telling the truth about anything "

Here she comes “little miss sunshine”

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I think Boris had to say he wouldn't rule one out, if a new, deadly variant emerged, so people couldn't say "He said he wasn't locking us down again!" when millions of people die.

Manchester (she/her)

"I think Boris had to say he wouldn't rule one out, if a new, deadly variant emerged, so people couldn't say "He said he wasn't locking us down again!" when millions of people die.

"

I mean he also said he didn't go to any parties.

Whatever he says, he's lying.

East London

"The foundation's are being set as we speak. BORRIS stated last week he can not rule out another lockdown when a more contagious variant turns up. which they are stating has happend already. As soon as the elections are done COVID will be all over the news AGIAN. In fact they are advertising for covid pass delivery managers. "

When, or if? You can't rule out the unknown.

East London

"I think Boris had to say he wouldn't rule one out, if a new, deadly variant emerged, so people couldn't say "He said he wasn't locking us down again!" when millions of people die.

Whatever he says, he's lying."

Pfft, parties. He was forced to blow out candles on a cake he didn't want, by people he was forced to work with.

Quick blow, happy birthday and off he went...to sit in the garden with 20 people, all sipping on wine that happened to show up with the Deliveroo order.

Reading

So, if non essential shops, pubs, restaurants etc are closed you’ll just go in anyway?

Manchester (she/her)

Whatever he says, he's lying.

Pfft, parties. He was forced to blow out candles on a cake he didn't want, by people he was forced to work with.

Quick blow, happy birthday and off he went...to sit in the garden with 20 people, all sipping on wine that happened to show up with the Deliveroo order. "

Poor Boris.

Also forced to admit guilt to pay the fine and now saying he's not guilty. Which maybe doesn't look so good.

He's so oppressed.

Manchester (she/her)

"Guess what they can do with another lockdown? Go fxxk themselves is one thing! Majority of people will not be taking part in another lockdown so good luck with that.

So, if non essential shops, pubs, restaurants etc are closed you’ll just go in anyway? "

Some tried to stay open last time, citing the Magna Carta.

It... didn't go well for them

Reading

"Guess what they can do with another lockdown? Go fxxk themselves is one thing! Majority of people will not be taking part in another lockdown so good luck with that.

So, if non essential shops, pubs, restaurants etc are closed you’ll just go in anyway?

It... didn't go well for them "

Ha ha, yes I remember, didn’t go well as they were talking total bollox

Manchester (she/her)

It... didn't go well for them

Ha ha, yes I remember, didn’t go well as they were talking total bollox "

I find nutters delightfully entertaining

Tin town

So, if non essential shops, pubs, restaurants etc are closed you’ll just go in anyway? "

I think the logic being applied for this hypothetical is to do the opposite of what boris suggests with a few f bombs thrown in for added clarity

Stockport

I think the logic being applied for this hypothetical is to do the opposite of what boris suggests with a few f bombs thrown in for added clarity

"

Well to be fair, if everyone had done the exact opposite of every single thing that Johnson said, from the first minute of his prime ministership, the United Kingdom would be in a far better social and economic situation than it is now. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but Johnson is such a pathological liar that he manages to be wrong 24/7/52.

Manchester (she/her)

"

It's not the worst idea. But better might be a bit more independent thought.

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

I'm saying hairy bushes are making a comeback.

Doesn't mean they will.

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

No chance!!!!

Probably wants to lock us down so he can throw couple more parties without being spotted.

I think they'll be no more lockdowns,how do we ever get past it if we keep locking down.

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

"Probably wants to lock us down so he can throw couple more parties without being spotted. "

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Parts of China and India have been in lockdown for a while. I deal with them through work. Other countries are also affected. You just don’t hear about them anymore as the world is more concerned with Putin invading Ukraine.

Unless a more virulent strain that causes more severe symptoms then I doubt we’ll go into lockdown. Most of us can’t afford it.

By *etterdays2021Man  over a year ago

PETERBOROUGH

No it will never happen again..

what do folk think?

Gonna need a bigger boat.. Supply the evidence for this quote, then stop scare mongering.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

I don't see what Boris has or does not have to say on the matter of a future lockdown as being relevant. Boris is a politician, not a science officer. He is neither credible or qualified.

We all have to make our own decisions, based on the science and the public health experts at the time.

It's a changing environment all the time, and our response needs to change to accommodate the issues at the time.

There is no "normal". Most have adapted and living between changing sets of rules isn't really that difficult.

Humans are incredibly adaptable, and overall we are programmed for flexibility. Those that are not can be carried and aided by those that are.

By *rafficvanMan  over a year ago

Middletown

what do folk think?

what don't talk out of your ** .... More bol*ocks

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I don't see what Boris has or does not have to say on the matter of a future lockdown as being relevant. Boris is a politician, not a science officer. He is neither credible or qualified.

We all have to make our own decisions, based on the science and the public health experts at the time.

It's a changing environment all the time, and our response needs to change to accommodate the issues at the time.

There is no "normal". Most have adapted and living between changing sets of rules isn't really that difficult.

Humans are incredibly adaptable, and overall we are programmed for flexibility. Those that are not can be carried and aided by those that are.

"

Nicely put but unfortunately does not reflect the reality as far as I can see it. My primary concern throughout has been to take as much care as possible so that I don't put anyone vulnerable at risk. Whilst at the moment carry on as normal as one can,I still have that as my guiding principle. I would hate if my actions put someone vulnerable at risk. However, it seems that kind of cautious approach is laughed at by those who seem to think that can do anything they like with it's 'only a cold' attitude, not thinking that although that might be true for some, it could also be fatal for others that they may pass it on to. I can only speak for myself and what I believe it's the right thing to do. I don't see taking a bit of extra care as restricting my life, more like possibly saving another.

It'll be about climate change next more like. You'll be told we need to reduce our carbon foot imprint because the planet is dying and it's not sustainable - particularly agriculture. Those awful cows and tractors and the greenhouse gas emissions. The fact that's feeding you is besides the point. But keep on wearing your masks - they're not bad for our environment at all, and neither are the daily test kits you bin - that's absolutely necessary

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Some propaganda in The Telegraph today with JRM (the Christian who would support Priti Patel shoving a refugee Jesus on a plane to Rwanda because he was a young male and defo not escaping Roman persecution) about getting Civil Servants to stop working from home. The overt implications are that they are not working if they are not in the office which is patently untrue. In fact for the vast majority the evidence is that productivity is up!

I think JRM and chums have got commercial landlords and sandwich chain owners harrying them about the optics of half empty office buildings and the likely future potential for companies (and the Civil Service) reducing physical office space needs (ergo reduced commercial rental expenditure) by adopting hybrid working practices.

Manchester (she/her)

"Some propaganda in The Telegraph today with JRM (the Christian who would support Priti Patel shoving a refugee Jesus on a plane to Rwanda because he was a young male and defo not escaping Roman persecution) about getting Civil Servants to stop working from home. The overt implications are that they are not working if they are not in the office which is patently untrue. In fact for the vast majority the evidence is that productivity is up!

I think JRM and chums have got commercial landlords and sandwich chain owners harrying them about the optics of half empty office buildings and the likely future potential for companies (and the Civil Service) reducing physical office space needs (ergo reduced commercial rental expenditure) by adopting hybrid working practices."

Yes. Ultimately, it's not going to be about health, it's about whether established commercial and political interests are maintained.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Not heard a thing of this and no source quoted.

Extremely unlikely. Johnson is clinging for survival and will do nothing to jeopardise it for him, however people may suffer.

Infections appear to be falling, as hospital levels. Better weather should reduce the impact too.

No political will or probable virus catastrophe near term, above what we have.

Tin town

"Not heard a thing of this and no source quoted.

Extremely unlikely. Johnson is clinging for survival and will do nothing to jeopardise it for him, however people may suffer.

Infections appear to be falling, as hospital levels. Better weather should reduce the impact too.

No political will or probable virus catastrophe near term, above what we have. "

Summer months... Rates go down. Winter months they go up... Autumn is just 6 months away. Id be amazed if the science world don't have their models predicting what the next surge in winter is going to peak at (they've done it for the last 2 years after all). If anyone is thinking the numbers will continue dropping next winter, its not likely. So I'm curious what sort of response they are contemplating. Vaccine programs, preventive or prophylactic medicines and treatments, and yes perhaps restrictions... Yes we have to live with it, and we have been since the start, but that doesn't mean ignoring it is the sensible approach.

Manchester (she/her)

Summer months... Rates go down. Winter months they go up... Autumn is just 6 months away. Id be amazed if the science world don't have their models predicting what the next surge in winter is going to peak at (they've done it for the last 2 years after all). If anyone is thinking the numbers will continue dropping next winter, its not likely. So I'm curious what sort of response they are contemplating. Vaccine programs, preventive or prophylactic medicines and treatments, and yes perhaps restrictions... Yes we have to live with it, and we have been since the start, but that doesn't mean ignoring it is the sensible approach. "

Research is in the pipeline.

Ignoring it is politically palatable at the moment, and so that's what's winning the day.

Of course, personal responsibility doesn't have to mean running off a cliff like a lemming because Boris says we can. People can make their own choices.

Brighton

Summer months... Rates go down. Winter months they go up... Autumn is just 6 months away. Id be amazed if the science world don't have their models predicting what the next surge in winter is going to peak at (they've done it for the last 2 years after all). If anyone is thinking the numbers will continue dropping next winter, its not likely. So I'm curious what sort of response they are contemplating. Vaccine programs, preventive or prophylactic medicines and treatments, and yes perhaps restrictions... Yes we have to live with it, and we have been since the start, but that doesn't mean ignoring it is the sensible approach.

Ignoring it is politically palatable at the moment, and so that's what's winning the day.

Of course, personal responsibility doesn't have to mean running off a cliff like a lemming because Boris says we can. People can make their own choices."

Pretty sure some people would jump off the cliff for Boris, he’d probably push a few off as well!

I hope not!!

I work on one of Her Majesty's Ships.. the last 2 years have been hell (it has for most people) .. stuck on a ship with minimal shore leave and thats if you were lucky and then when on leave everything was in lockdown.. its been like living in a prison

Terra Firma

"Some propaganda in The Telegraph today with JRM (the Christian who would support Priti Patel shoving a refugee Jesus on a plane to Rwanda because he was a young male and defo not escaping Roman persecution) about getting Civil Servants to stop working from home. The overt implications are that they are not working if they are not in the office which is patently untrue. In fact for the vast majority the evidence is that productivity is up!

I think JRM and chums have got commercial landlords and sandwich chain owners harrying them about the optics of half empty office buildings and the likely future potential for companies (and the Civil Service) reducing physical office space needs (ergo reduced commercial rental expenditure) by adopting hybrid working practices."

Oh this is so true!

Large landowners, commercial property owners and dealers have been on their back foot for 2 years. The London bubble was already bursting before the pandemic, with big city firms relocating.

Adding to the decline is high street shopping, which is also crumbling and it is leaving those who own them in a bit of a mess. In my opinion, it is about time these hedge funds were reset, they have been overcharging rents on commercial property and land for years, which is passed on to the consumer.

If nobody wants a Ferrari, the Ferrari becomes worthless.

Tin town

Of course, personal responsibility doesn't have to mean running off a cliff like a lemming because Boris says we can. People can make their own choices.

Pretty sure some people would jump off the cliff for Boris, he’d probably push a few off as well!"

I'm not sure Boris has much support even from his own team. But the last two years has shown that a surprisingly high percentage of the population need to be told to wipe their arse and wash their hands after before feeding granny her sandwich... And more significantly... If they are very specifically not told to do so by, very specifically Boris... That it's all his fault when granny gets sick.

Somebody up the thread wrote that we are intelligent and adaptable. I think that's true of some but sadly not enough of us. Nobody tells me to breath... And yet rebel that I am, I do it anyway.

Manchester (she/her)

Pretty sure some people would jump off the cliff for Boris, he’d probably push a few off as well!"

Yes.

And then tell those of us who think that cliff jumping or pushing is a bad idea, that we should do our own research and stop causing all the death.

I'm just here thinking that death by falling a long way is bad, but you do you friends

Pretty sure some people would jump off the cliff for Boris, he’d probably push a few off as well!

I'm not sure Boris has much support even from his own team. But the last two years has shown that a surprisingly high percentage of the population need to be told to wipe their arse and wash their hands after before feeding granny her sandwich... And more significantly... If they are very specifically not told to do so by, very specifically Boris... That it's all his fault when granny gets sick.

Somebody up the thread wrote that we are intelligent and adaptable. I think that's true of some but sadly not enough of us. Nobody tells me to breath... And yet rebel that I am, I do it anyway. "

This is true,they have treat us like children over the last 2 years,instead of informing us,advising us,then letting us go about our business and being responsible and trusting us ourselves,we're all adults.

I will say this until the end of time,this pandemic was not what the government made it out to be,they went on podiums on the news,and more or less put the fear of God into everyone via the media tool,then they had parties with 50 yo a 100 people in a small area......they were not afraid of catching the virus...why?,why weren't they scared if it was the killer virus they said?

They congregated together and weren't afraid of the virus because they knew it wasn't what they were making it out to be,they were closer to the real truth than anyone.

And the ONS figures now show that.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

what do folk think?

Bullshit get on with your life

By *BW.ToptottyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

tithead can go fuck himself we did everything he asked and they just continued with there life parties etc dont think many will comply next time they have ruined this country the lot need blowen up plus lockdowns dont work thats been proven 3 times now so bojo kiss my hair arse !!!

By *eachybum2020Man  over a year ago

Yelverton

The rules have been abolished because those making the laws have failed to comply with them. The government wouldn't be able to enforce any Covid laws now.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

A friend who tested positive with a bought LFT was told by the gov website that she can't register the result because it was bought. If that's true, no wonder cases are going down.

"Learning to live with Covid"? Bollocks we are.

Reading

"The rules have been abolished because those making the laws have failed to comply with them. The government wouldn't be able to enforce any Covid laws now. "

Nice try, but totally incorrect in law.

By *irtyminds1970Couple  over a year ago

Whittlesey, Peterborough

Just got over that new strain of Covid and it was harsh. I cannot see there being another Lockdown as they have let it go this far. Heard Immunity is now happening

Manchester (she/her)

"The rules have been abolished because those making the laws have failed to comply with them. The government wouldn't be able to enforce any Covid laws now.

Nice try, but totally incorrect in law.

"

The rules were abolished because the back bench told Boris what to do.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

A new lockdown I'll pass

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

what do folk think?

probably the latter

Blackpool

what do folk think?

Bullshit get on with your life"

well said, scatemongers are out again

By *ornynorfolkguyMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

what do folk think?

Bullshit get on with your lifewell said, scatemongers are out again "

Noooooo not the scatemongers

By *tuddedMan  over a year ago

Rhondda

…and this is why I’m no longer on social media.

By *ichardjjCouple  over a year ago

telford

what do folk think?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

"Who are saying a new lockdown is coming ? X"

Lockdown? What is this? I wouldn’t know, I never took part in any of them

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I'd be very surprised if the governments would go for it or if the public would comply

They're having a hell of a time in Shanghai at the moment with the Chinese public fighting back

However, if a new variant arose that was as transmissible as Omicron and far deadlier it's not outside the realm of possibility

If evidence showed there was a new variant that completely bypassed current vaccines, who would be happy to go into lockdown until a new vaccine could be delivered (assuming it would be a quicker turnaround than previously as they'd just have to tweak current vaccinations as opposed to create something new)?

Reading

"Who are saying a new lockdown is coming ? X

Lockdown? What is this? I wouldn’t know, I never took part in any of them "

Bet you’re so proud of yourself

By *stwo80Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

Lockdown ?

What's a lockdown ?

Some of us have worked all the way through

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Lockdowns are for tbe obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

Perhaps the OP is Boris just testing the water ...

Manchester (she/her)

"Perhaps the OP is Boris just testing the water ..."

Maybe that's why his policies have been so erratic - he's asked Fab

"A friend who tested positive with a bought LFT was told by the gov website that she can't register the result because it was bought. If that's true, no wonder cases are going down.

"Learning to live with Covid"? Bollocks we are."

The stats are now done by the ONS taking randomised samples. So still a good picture of what's going on.

merseyside

If lock down comes again, we'll be locked down.

Can't see it happening unless increase numbers have an impact on hospital admission.

See what Autumn brings.

By *esthetic21Man  over a year ago

west midlands

I dont what lockdown means so I can't follow it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Summer months... Rates go down. Winter months they go up... Autumn is just 6 months away. Id be amazed if the science world don't have their models predicting what the next surge in winter is going to peak at (they've done it for the last 2 years after all). If anyone is thinking the numbers will continue dropping next winter, its not likely. So I'm curious what sort of response they are contemplating. Vaccine programs, preventive or prophylactic medicines and treatments, and yes perhaps restrictions... Yes we have to live with it, and we have been since the start, but that doesn't mean ignoring it is the sensible approach. "

I agree, we would ignore it at our peril. With the virus still circulating and mutating in high volumes around the world, we'll likely get a new variant of concern within months. Still, the PM has achieved deflection of attention away from him, via every possible dupes and changes possible.

west midlands

It's almost like some people want a new variant and lockdown

By *werty1999Man  over a year ago

greater Manchester

In light of our glorious, cock womble leader, not a hell's chance of people complying

Manchester (she/her)

I agree, we would ignore it at our peril. With the virus still circulating and mutating in high volumes around the world, we'll likely get a new variant of concern within months. Still, the PM has achieved deflection of attention away from him, via every possible dupes and changes possible. "

On a personal level lockdown or not bothers me not one jot, because I'll act according to the evidence.

On a societal level, I hope that our services and those who staff them are not exposed to undue risk.

west midlands

I agree, we would ignore it at our peril. With the virus still circulating and mutating in high volumes around the world, we'll likely get a new variant of concern within months. Still, the PM has achieved deflection of attention away from him, via every possible dupes and changes possible.

On a personal level lockdown or not bothers me not one jot, because I'll act according to the evidence.

On a societal level, I hope that our services and those who staff them are not exposed to undue risk."

hang on are you saying you won't follow rules if a lockdown is in place?

Manchester (she/her)

On a societal level, I hope that our services and those who staff them are not exposed to undue risk.hang on are you saying you won't follow rules if a lockdown is in place?"

No, that's not what I'm saying. If the situation has become so dire that this government need to bring in another lockdown - I'll have locked myself down long before They do too little and too late, and I'm not taking risks with my health on the basis of these clowns and their lack of judgement

Colchester

"

If evidence showed there was a new variant that completely bypassed current vaccines, who would be happy to go into lockdown until a new vaccine could be delivered (assuming it would be a quicker turnaround than previously as they'd just have to tweak current vaccinations as opposed to create something new)?"

Absolutely would be happy to. Because if a new variant is doing the rounds and there is no protection from it, we'd lockdown because.

1. No immunity/protection

2. Don't want to pass it on to others who have no immunity or protection, especially the most vulnerable, but everyone else for that matter.

Colchester

"If the situation has become so dire that this government need to bring in another lockdown - I'll have locked myself down long before"

That absolutely is the safest way, because only you know your own level of personal risk, and factors that may complicate it. Boris et al may make sweeping announcements, but taking your own protection (and by virtue others as well) in to your own hands is eminently more sensible.

Some folks wait for the air raid sirens and hope they make it to the shelters in time. Others are already there, chilling

Manchester (she/her)

"If the situation has become so dire that this government need to bring in another lockdown - I'll have locked myself down long before

That absolutely is the safest way, because only you know your own level of personal risk, and factors that may complicate it. Boris et al may make sweeping announcements, but taking your own protection (and by virtue others as well) in to your own hands is eminently more sensible.

Some folks wait for the air raid sirens and hope they make it to the shelters in time. Others are already there, chilling "

I do worry about those who need to be out in public, if things get worse - because they'd need the protection of the law.

I'll be ok. Others might not be.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Don't think we will have another lockdown. We will have to start living with covid "

We are and have been for months. Ultimately though it comes down to hospital admission rates, as it always has. I am hopeful further lockdowns are unnecessary but it remains a possibility.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Lockdown ?

What's a lockdown ?

Some of us have worked all the way through "

Many of us have. Lockdown means a period of greatly reduced interactions between people in our population reducing the opportunities for a pathogen to spread. It’s not rocket science. It probably can not ever stop a pandemic but it can head off a spike in cases that would otherwise overwhelm healthcare provision.

By *stwo80Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

Tongue in cheek comment , you need to switch on your giggle valve receptors

what do folk think?

I very much doubt it, it has come to the point where we need to start living with it...

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

"It's almost like some people want a new variant and lockdown "
they have nothing left to talk about if it goes away, some people been sat in the virus forum for nearly 2 years

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

what do folk think?

yes, we could I suppose now that we have had a few. As for compliance - yes; most will adhere same as before. Not sure when though; I suspect no lockdowns whilst they are in the process of bringing in and rehousing all of these refugees as lockdown woukd make that process more complicated for the government.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"If covid turns into something really nasty, then people will lock themselves down even if the government pleads with them to keep working. Let's say covid omega causes bleeding from the eyes, nose, mouth and genitals, followed by agonising death within 24 hours... I reckon film of a single case of that being shown on the telly and even the most rabid deniers will be saying "fuck this, we're keeping our heads down".

There WILL be a small number of people that will continue to try keeping themselves safe, as they have done for the past two years. Hopefully this will be enough to rebuild the population when everyone else has died of cov-aids..."

what’s cov-aids??

I for one don't think another lockdown is coming but it has certainly changed the way many people think we all know how quite the clubs and other socal outlets are much less busy then before

Colchester

I hope there is not one, but sadly Covid doesn't care what I hope. Just have to try to stay as safe as you can however you can.

I am concerned with the situation in China, but also glad to see they are taking it incredibly seriously. Those extreme measures are also helping the rest of the world too.

"I hope there is not one, but sadly Covid doesn't care what I hope. Just have to try to stay as safe as you can however you can.

I am concerned with the situation in China, but also glad to see they are taking it incredibly seriously. Those extreme measures are also helping the rest of the world too."

The extreme measures mean they are well behind the rest of the world.

Lockdowns just delay.

Colchester

"

Lockdowns just delay.

"

And that is the whole point.

If you delay and deny the existing infection a chance to spread and further mutate, you are dealing with the virus.

That is what they are doing.

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

It's all very well saying that we won't adhere to a lock down.... But if they shut every thing again ( pubs, gyms, cinemas, shops etc.) then it's a lock down because there is nowhere to go.

After Partygate, Johnson risks facing fury on a national scale if he pushes pretty much any Covid restrictions.

Stockport

"If covid turns into something really nasty, then people will lock themselves down even if the government pleads with them to keep working. Let's say covid omega causes bleeding from the eyes, nose, mouth and genitals, followed by agonising death within 24 hours... I reckon film of a single case of that being shown on the telly and even the most rabid deniers will be saying "fuck this, we're keeping our heads down".

There WILL be a small number of people that will continue to try keeping themselves safe, as they have done for the past two years. Hopefully this will be enough to rebuild the population when everyone else has died of cov-aids...what’s cov-aids??"

There is increasing evidence that contracting covid multiple times can have a long term effect of causing a deficiency in the immune system. Apparently some key cell types get used up fighting each infection, and in the case of long covid, the infection can lurk in the background continuously fighting the body but never quite getting fully cleared out, meanwhile being a constant drain on the immune system.

Covid is a totally different virus from HIV, and fights with the immune system in a different way, but the end result would seem the possibility of causing a Syndrome where the body Acquires an Immune Deficiency.

HIV takes anything up to 5 years to turn into full blown AIDS. It's now only 2 1/2 years since the first covid cases, so literally nobody knows exactly what time bomb might be going to go off over the next 2 or 3 years.

"

Lockdowns just delay.

If you delay and deny the existing infection a chance to spread and further mutate, you are dealing with the virus.

"

Mutation isn't always a negative. Data wise it appears the mutations have made it more transmissable and less deadly.

I don't subscribe to the 'it's a cold' mantra, however, the mutations have lessened the impact.

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

"

Lockdowns just delay.

Mutation isn't always a negative. Data wise it appears the mutations have made it more transmissable and less deadly.

I don't subscribe to the 'it's a cold' mantra, however, the mutations have lessened the impact.

"

It is my understanding that virus become less deadly as they mutate... If the virus kills all the hosts then it will die, so it has to become less deadly to survive.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Lockdowns just delay.

It is my understanding that virus become less deadly as they mutate... If the virus kills all the hosts then it will die, so it has to become less deadly to survive. "

That's a myth that's done the rounds a lot during the pandemic. It makes a lot of common sense, but it's actually not got much evidence behind it.

Brighton

"

Lockdowns just delay.

It is my understanding that virus become less deadly as they mutate... If the virus kills all the hosts then it will die, so it has to become less deadly to survive.

That's a myth that's done the rounds a lot during the pandemic. It makes a lot of common sense, but it's actually not got much evidence behind it."

Indeed. That is sometimes the case and we have to hope Covid follows this trajectory but it might not so...we gotta hope complacency doesn’t set in, monitoring stops and they (Govts around the world) remain ready to greenlight protocols quickly!

Manchester (she/her)

"

Lockdowns just delay.

That's a myth that's done the rounds a lot during the pandemic. It makes a lot of common sense, but it's actually not got much evidence behind it.

Indeed. That is sometimes the case and we have to hope Covid follows this trajectory but it might not so...we gotta hope complacency doesn’t set in, monitoring stops and they (Govts around the world) remain ready to greenlight protocols quickly!"

One of the people I follow keeps saying "hope is not a strategy". Unfortunately I fear it's the strategy most governments have taken.

My strategy is more like, if you fuck around, you find out, so I won't fuck around.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"

Lockdowns just delay.

That's a myth that's done the rounds a lot during the pandemic. It makes a lot of common sense, but it's actually not got much evidence behind it."

Is there any evidence of a virus mutation becoming more deadly, ever ?

As you know by now we have taken Covid very seriously and have managed to avoid it. We're both always very careful but we are pretty much back to normal in terms of going out and living life now on the basis that we have done all we can and in the hope that if we do catch it we won't die but life is too short to do anything else.

Of course another similar disease could strike at any time and worryingly I don't think we've actually learned much.

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 26/04/22 13:26:19]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

No. I cant see that there will be anymore of those.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Lockdowns just delay.

As you know by now we have taken Covid very seriously and have managed to avoid it. We're both always very careful but we are pretty much back to normal in terms of going out and living life now on the basis that we have done all we can and in the hope that if we do catch it we won't die but life is too short to do anything else.

Of course another similar disease could strike at any time and worryingly I don't think we've actually learned much."

I don't know, although polio got more serious (probably in line with increased sanitation). My understanding is that, where transmission occurs before death, that severity isn't an evolutionary factor (as the future dead person spreads it before they die - speaking virus in general, not just Covid).

I'm glad you are happy with your choices on how to live your lives. As am I. You do you

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

No chance … the Marxists at SAGE have shot their bolt and gone into hiding now they have fleeced us for billions

Tin town

"

Lockdowns just delay.

Of course another similar disease could strike at any time and worryingly I don't think we've actually learned much."

Ohhhh I think we've learned that some people will do the opposite of what they've been told. Just because.

Some people will not do things that are sensible even if it takes no extra effort if somebody else recommends it. Just because.

And some people love to tell other people what they should do with their lives and patronise them if they do things differently. Just because.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"No chance … the Marxists at SAGE have shot their bolt and gone into hiding now they have fleeced us for billions"

The "Marxists" who "fleeced us for billions"?

A bit of an oxymoron, don't you think?

West London

"

Lockdowns just delay.

Flu does, in cycles.

Covid clearly did as it mutated from something else that didn't affect us.

Ebola and West Nile virus too, apparently.

It's actually based on the strain that reproduces the most. Generally, less deadly means wider spread, but not always.

However, we do need to get on. Take whatever precautions are necessary, when necessary, which will depend on where you get your information from and how your power group behaves.

"I hope there is not one, but sadly Covid doesn't care what I hope. Just have to try to stay as safe as you can however you can.

I am concerned with the situation in China, but also glad to see they are taking it incredibly seriously. Those extreme measures are also helping the rest of the world too."

By killing their own, throwing them into mental despair and suicide

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"

Lockdowns just delay.

It is my understanding that virus become less deadly as they mutate... If the virus kills all the hosts then it will die, so it has to become less deadly to survive. "

Your presuming Covid just has one host- currently sero positive evidence in 30 species and climbing . So it’s got a lovely wide base of species to act as a Petri dish and proliferate new strains.

What’s relatively benign for one species may not be for another, eg Gorillas are very susceptible to Covid…..

Reverse zoonosis of a particularly deleterious strain of Covid is a very real threat

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Some say the moon is made of cheese!

Stop complying! This affects the average age of 82, no precious covid can be confirmed as no autopsy’s were performed, get on with ur life and stop listen to a corrupt government

Tin town

"Stop complying! This affects the average age of 82, no precious covid can be confirmed as no autopsy’s were performed, get on with ur life and stop listen to a corrupt government "

I'm curious why you find it necessary to tell other people what they should do?

Manchester (she/her)

"Stop complying! This affects the average age of 82, no precious covid can be confirmed as no autopsy’s were performed, get on with ur life and stop listen to a corrupt government "

Complying with what, exactly?

I go out and people are getting on with their lives, up in people's faces, no masks to be seen. Testing has plummeted and people seem to be proud to be going out while ill.

Ok, I'll stop complying with that. Thanks for the advice.

merseyside

Says a woman with no verifications, something must be stopping you getting meets.

West London

Also, stop listening to medical staff who have been working flat out for two years.

Do also ensure that you stop listening to the millions of additional people who have lost loved ones compared to other years. Although, rather than believe it is a well documented pandemic, do find another reason for it.

Also, ignore all those suffering from long-Covid.

After all, if it hasn't affected you directly it cannot be happening...

By *aramedic999Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

Oh wow ... I can 100 per cent tell you it’s real... also it’s following a virus pattern.. evolve and weaken to infect more but not kill... increased transmission reduced lethality... when you overlay vaccines and other immunity .. it’s here to stay like flu and common cold ...

East London

Some rich dude (maybe Bill Gates?) wrote that there's a more than 5% chance a more transmissive, more deadlier variant is coming.

That does mean there's a 95% chance it isn't.

Maybe he's talking about computer viruses.

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh wow ... I can 100 per cent tell you it’s real... also it’s following a virus pattern.. evolve and weaken to infect more but not kill... increased transmission reduced lethality... when you overlay vaccines and other immunity .. it’s here to stay like flu and common cold ..."

Like smallpox did?

I'll skip the other immunity. Comes with too much risk for my taste.

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

According to stats. issued by the Office Of National Statistics, the average number of deaths per week in England and Wales was near the five-year average for about three weeks between the first and second waves.

There was another three-week “average” period between the second and third waves.

It’s been about three weeks since the end of the third wave, so another wave may be due, perhaps with the spread aided by the holiday weekend.

However, each wave caused fewer excess average weekly deaths than the previous one, so the fourth wave, if any, could be innocuous.

But you never know.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

I did work on one of the Nightingale Hospital that was built, they were ‘showpiece buildings’ there was never enough staff in the country to populate them, which was why they stood empty why hospitals were overwhelmed.

It was said by a number of people we worked on the Nightingale Hospital that Boris never nearly died from Covid19, it was a ruse as both the government and SAGE were scared people would stop adhering to the restrictions.

I took it as a pinch of salt, but after he came out of hospital he banged on about losing weight to get healthy and he’s probably fatter than ever now ! His wife was pregnant and yet they held numerous gatherings inside No.10, surely if the virus had nearly killed you, you would risk family, friends or colleagues to gatherings that might kill them.

I’m not saying this virus wasn’t real but the rhetoric used to scare people was almost Nazi-like, I don’t if the whole population would be easy led next time.

If ya'all let the partygate government tell you what to do you deserve to be lockdown. Any credibility they had is gone, are you really going to let morally bankrupt criminals tell you how to behave?

"Some rich dude (maybe Bill Gates?) wrote that there's a more than 5% chance a more transmissive, more deadlier variant is coming.

That does mean there's a 95% chance it isn't.

Maybe he's talking about computer viruses."

And a virologist will tell you Bill Gates is full of crap and if that ever happens it will have been designed that way.

Manchester (she/her)

"If ya'all let the partygate government tell you what to do you deserve to be lockdown. Any credibility they had is gone, are you really going to let morally bankrupt criminals tell you how to behave? "

Agreed. Absolutely agreed.

"We're the first country to exit the pandemic" they proclaim.

Do I trust them with my health? Do I fuck. It's why I keep masking.

They're telling you it's over. If you believe anything they say, that's on you.

"If ya'all let the partygate government tell you what to do you deserve to be lockdown. Any credibility they had is gone, are you really going to let morally bankrupt criminals tell you how to behave?

They're telling you it's over. If you believe anything they say, that's on you."

These dodgy crooks haven't been able to say one thing true. From parties to the economic crisis and the cost of living collapse. Either through evil or incompetence they are actively making our lives worse. Oh and as we are still pretending to be a Democracy (rather than admitting to ourselves that we have always been a plutocracy, look it up). They can only rule by consent.

Manchester (she/her)

"If ya'all let the partygate government tell you what to do you deserve to be lockdown. Any credibility they had is gone, are you really going to let morally bankrupt criminals tell you how to behave?

They're telling you it's over. If you believe anything they say, that's on you.

These dodgy crooks haven't been able to say one thing true. From parties to the economic crisis and the cost of living collapse. Either through evil or incompetence they are actively making our lives worse. Oh and as we are still pretending to be a Democracy (rather than admitting to ourselves that we have always been a plutocracy, look it up). They can only rule by consent. "

They appear to rule as they please, and our mechanics of power do little to stop it.

I'd agree that the government is a poor guide to working out how to manage your personal risk.

It's why I don't. They're telling us it's over as thousands die a week. I know it's popular to say these people don't count - strangely, it's also something that the thundercunts in power do.

I carry on, having done my own research. I do not consent to infection, and I do everything in my power to prevent it.

(Yes, it makes government supporters and others with nefarious agendas have the sadz. I don't give a fuck)

Blackpool

what do folk think?

it's just people scaremongering

Blackpool

what do folk think?

definitely not

"Unlikely. NHS leaders would like masks to come back - which I suppose the unhinged define as lockdown, even if everything is open.

It's too politically toxic.

Not to mention any economic implications too "

What economic implications....they just add more zeros to a screen and make us pay for it through tax hikes

By *unandfrolics696969Couple  over a year ago

exeter

I for one won't be participating in any future lockdowns seeing as our own prime minister and his cronies didn't,whilst we mere minions were unable to see dying loved ones and attend funerals.

I think Boris shows us how it should be done properly...

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"I think Boris shows us how it should be done properly... "

Break the rules he set, have your staff laughing at British people dying alone in hospital while you party away, and hand multi million pound contracts to your friends start up PPE companies?

There's no way they'd reintroduce them now. The whole debate around them has become too toxic and unhinged, and with partygate, there's no way people would be as compliant or accepting. I doubt they'd even mandate the wearing of masks at this point.

Manchester (she/her)

"There's no way they'd reintroduce them now. The whole debate around them has become too toxic and unhinged, and with partygate, there's no way people would be as compliant or accepting. I doubt they'd even mandate the wearing of masks at this point. "

It would be interesting (by which I mean horrifying) to see what would happen if Covid or another illness truly necessitated new restrictions.

I think it'd be utter carnage.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"There's no way they'd reintroduce them now. The whole debate around them has become too toxic and unhinged, and with partygate, there's no way people would be as compliant or accepting. I doubt they'd even mandate the wearing of masks at this point.

It would be interesting (by which I mean horrifying) to see what would happen if Covid or another illness truly necessitated new restrictions.

I think it'd be utter carnage."

Yes I was thinking about ordering n95s to be ready for the next one just the other day!

Manchester (she/her)

"There's no way they'd reintroduce them now. The whole debate around them has become too toxic and unhinged, and with partygate, there's no way people would be as compliant or accepting. I doubt they'd even mandate the wearing of masks at this point.

I think it'd be utter carnage.

Yes I was thinking about ordering n95s to be ready for the next one just the other day! "

I have FFP3s. They've come down in price a lot.

By *la87Man  over a year ago

acton

what do folk think?

Unlikely. Politically untenable, economically unviable, scientifically unsupported

West London

what do folk think?

Unlikely. Politically untenable, economically unviable, scientifically unsupported "

That depends, doesn't it?

Right now, there is very little likelihood for the reasons that you have given.

If some freak strain arises with exceptionally high mortality rates, then all of that will change.

A high risk of death does that.

All theoretical, of course. Fingers crossed this is not the scenario.

acton

what do folk think?

Unlikely. Politically untenable, economically unviable, scientifically unsupported

If some freak strain arises with exceptionally high mortality rates, then all of that will change.

All theoretical, of course. Fingers crossed this is not the scenario."

The original version with its extraordinarily high mortality rate wouldn't get the same reaction now. The models used to justify the original lockdowns are discredited for being a million miles away from reality.

The fact that it was still spreading wildly even during the lockdown

The sheer economic backlash we're now suffering mean that there cannot be a lockdown. It simply won't happen.

By *outhwesthornMan  over a year ago

Whitchurch

No chance at all

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

"The fact that it was still spreading wildly even during the lockdown

"

Not in Australia, China or Zealand. Borry the Buffoon can't get Anything right!

West London

what do folk think?

The original version with its extraordinarily high mortality rate wouldn't get the same reaction now. The models used to justify the original lockdowns are discredited for being a million miles away from reality.

The sheer economic backlash we're now suffering mean that there cannot be a lockdown. It simply won't happen.

"

The models are not "discredited".

They indicated what would happen if we did nothing. The worst case was widely reported and because we didn't do nothing, the worst case was avoided.

It spread during lockdown because we delayed for so long that it was already widely distributed and there was therefore a delay whilst it worked through those already infected and their immediate contacts.

If people start dying in large numbers because of an unexpected variant, will there be an economic and social backlash?

Tin town

Hindsight is a marvellous thing.

*What we knew then...

*What we thought or assumed we knew then but which proved to be wrong

*What we lied about knowing then

*What "YouTube" knew then

Compared to what we know now... Thankfully are very different things.

I'd like to hope that if something comes along that needs a lock down to save lives and balanced with the damage that we know that lockdowns cause... That whoever is in charge will do what is needed and do it better than what we've just experienced.

We arent particularly good at maintaining our own well being in this country though.

By *amsubMan  over a year ago

hyde

You mean the lying Media are saying it

acton

what do folk think?

They indicated what would happen if we did nothing. The worst case was widely reported and because we didn't do nothing, the worst case was avoided.

It spread during lockdown because we delayed for so long that it was already widely distributed and there was therefore a delay whilst it worked through those already infected and their immediate contacts.

If people start dying in large numbers because of an unexpected variant, will there be an economic and social backlash?"

Yes they were discredited. Their projections for what would happen *with* intervention were way off. They didn't account for a number of things. And not just here. Worldwide. I live in a country where we opened up after two months. Why? Our leaders saw the economic damage as a greater threat

West London

what do folk think?

If people start dying in large numbers because of an unexpected variant, will there be an economic and social backlash?

Yes they were discredited. Their projections for what would happen *with* intervention were way off. They didn't account for a number of things. And not just here. Worldwide. I live in a country where we opened up after two months. Why? Our leaders saw the economic damage as a greater threat "

"Discredited" by whom?

Only journalists appear to take exception to the statistical models and predictions around Covid. Scientific papers, including the BMJ do not.

You don't live in Acton then, as I'm sure that had the same measures as the rest of the UK.

How do demographics and climate and behaviour vary between wherever you were and here? What were the eventual excess death statistics?

Bill Gates reckon there could be another pandemic within the next 20 years , also saying it could be a regular thing that we have to live with & a possibility of another variant worse or not from previous

Im not doing anymore its quite simple

Terra Firma

"Bill Gates reckon there could be another pandemic within the next 20 years , also saying it could be a regular thing that we have to live with & a possibility of another variant worse or not from previous "

The possibility of another pandemic is high, when unknown, history has a tendency to repeat itself.

Is it more likely a pandemic will bring an end to human life on earth, or a different type of catastrophe?

Load of old cobblers lol

"Bill Gates reckon there could be another pandemic within the next 20 years , also saying it could be a regular thing that we have to live with & a possibility of another variant worse or not from previous "

Yes he says with $$$ signs in his eyes

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

In 10 years possibly but the virus then is only going to effect those who becomes infected and possibly those unvaccinated more than those vaccinated

"Bill Gates reckon there could be another pandemic within the next 20 years , also saying it could be a regular thing that we have to live with & a possibility of another variant worse or not from previous

Yes he says with $$$ signs in his eyes"

Because he really needs the money, eh?

If you look into him a bit, you'll see he has spent a huge amount on saving lives in the past. And he has saved a vast amount of lives. Likely millions of lives.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

This new lockdown is taking a while, eh?

Tin town

"Bill Gates reckon there could be another pandemic within the next 20 years , also saying it could be a regular thing that we have to live with & a possibility of another variant worse or not from previous

If you look into him a bit, you'll see he has spent a huge amount on saving lives in the past. And he has saved a vast amount of lives. Likely millions of lives."

Yeah but people don't like it when others make a load of money..

If you look into him a bit, you'll see he has spent a huge amount on saving lives in the past. And he has saved a vast amount of lives. Likely millions of lives.

Yeah but people don't like it when others make a load of money.. "

Gates also spent a load of money to save a load of lives.

Tin town

Gates also spent a load of money to save a load of lives."

Oh yes... But people don't generally like to acknowledge that bit...

Gates also spent a load of money to save a load of lives.

Oh yes... But people don't generally like to acknowledge that bit... "

Depressingly true

By *igBrianSWMan  over a year ago

Near WSM

I’ve been hiding indoors ever since the OP tipped us off. It’s getting a bit claustrophobic in here. Nothing to do but watch YouTube to “do my own research”.

Send help.

The China lockdown was an ultra cautious approach by the Chinese and is restricted to Shanghai. Beijing isn’t subject to a lockdown. As districts in Shanghai have a full week of no new cases, they will open things up. Case numbers have dropped to 4.6k, no worries for the UK, another lockdown is extremely unlikely-Bob