FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > No masks on planes and trains!

No masks on planes and trains!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unnyPair OP   Couple  over a year ago

Seminole

Thank god someone reasonable has gotten this taken care of. Hopefully the trend keeps going throughout other countries.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's gone so well for British aviation

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My guess is that masks will be back on faces by..... Halloween

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

Long Covid for flight crews…… I wonder how that’s going to go… not to mention pilots

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Thank god someone reasonable has gotten this taken care of. Hopefully the trend keeps going throughout other countries."

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

The last couple of years have taught me that by staying the fuck away from people coughing and snotting, I can avoid the shitty respiratory diseases that I previously suffered from nearly every year of my life. The idea of starting a holiday by spending a few hours locked up inside a metal tube sharing air with a bunch of plague carriers now fills me with absolute repulsion. If it has to mean that I never again undertake any foreign travel, well that's tough shit on me.

You do your thing OP, and I'll do mine.

Should of happened months ago.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Thank god someone reasonable has gotten this taken care of. Hopefully the trend keeps going throughout other countries.

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

The last couple of years have taught me that by staying the fuck away from people coughing and snotting, I can avoid the shitty respiratory diseases that I previously suffered from nearly every year of my life. The idea of starting a holiday by spending a few hours locked up inside a metal tube sharing air with a bunch of plague carriers now fills me with absolute repulsion. If it has to mean that I never again undertake any foreign travel, well that's tough shit on me.

You do your thing OP, and I'll do mine. "

We've booked a flight for late May and will be putting a mask on.

Mostly to keep the 3rd seat free, most folks don't like us 'sheep' and tend to prefer sitting with mask less people, suits us fine.

Here's to some sun on our Covid ravaged bones.

Two or possibly three masks just to be absolutely sure that you'll not catch or spread any viruses... actually six or seven plus a clear plastic visor. Belt 'n' braces approach needed. It's just far too dangerous to inhale and exhale 'willy-nilly' when other humans are in close proximity.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Two or possibly three masks just to be absolutely sure that you'll not catch or spread any viruses... actually six or seven plus a clear plastic visor. Belt 'n' braces approach needed. It's just far too dangerous to inhale and exhale 'willy-nilly' when other humans are in close proximity. "

Actually one simple mask on an infected person reduces the risk of infection by up to 80%

You're welcome...

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Just back from USA and masks still mandatory on the flight.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I wore a mask on plane very recently, and it looked like a 50 - 50 split amongst the other passengers.

I wore a mask for one simple reason, I was going on holiday and the last thing I wanted was to fall ill when I got there. Being on a plane with 300 people is a high risk for picking up illnesses, I have had so many colds after being on a plane.

I thought about it and made my decision, I did what I thought was reasonable to allow me to enjoy my £3k trip.

I am pleased to say, I did not have any illnesses, I did enjoy my holiday and it was no real hardship.

It was never enforced on Trains anyway because the Police didn't care so I am happy to not be forced into wearing one because I obeyed the rule while a lot didn't.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Should of happened months ago."
This .

"Two or possibly three masks just to be absolutely sure that you'll not catch or spread any viruses... actually six or seven plus a clear plastic visor. Belt 'n' braces approach needed. It's just far too dangerous to inhale and exhale 'willy-nilly' when other humans are in close proximity.

Actually one simple mask on an infected person reduces the risk of infection by up to 80%

You're welcome..."

So 6 or 7 would be even more effective! I think everyone that elects to wear a mask should wear at least 6. Triple protection for mouth and nose (obviously), one for eyes and one for each ear. It's just impossible to be too careful. Latex gloves for sure and insanity gel for your arse because it will be in long term contact with an airline seat. Every angle covered.... you're welcome!

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Just back from USA and masks still mandatory on the flight."

I’m just back from the USA as well using United Airlines (US Carrier)

On my way out to the US before Easter, masks were mandatory and everyone was wearing one on the plane.

On Easter Monday 18th, a US Federal judge decided to strike off the mask mandate for American Carriers.

I flew back to London the next day (Tues 19)

This time about 20% of the passengers didn’t wear masks due to the Federal ruling; and that include two of the flight attendants.

Myself and the other 80% wore masks, and I’ll continue to wear masks for a while regardless of what the law says…..

……except if a new law emerges which says it’s prohibited to wear a mask

Manchester (she/her)

"Two or possibly three masks just to be absolutely sure that you'll not catch or spread any viruses... actually six or seven plus a clear plastic visor. Belt 'n' braces approach needed. It's just far too dangerous to inhale and exhale 'willy-nilly' when other humans are in close proximity.

You're welcome...

So 6 or 7 would be even more effective! I think everyone that elects to wear a mask should wear at least 6. Triple protection for mouth and nose (obviously), one for eyes and one for each ear. It's just impossible to be too careful. Latex gloves for sure and insanity gel for your arse because it will be in long term contact with an airline seat. Every angle covered.... you're welcome! "

If it turns you on, feel free.

You're welcome...

So 6 or 7 would be even more effective! I think everyone that elects to wear a mask should wear at least 6. Triple protection for mouth and nose (obviously), one for eyes and one for each ear. It's just impossible to be too careful. Latex gloves for sure and insanity gel for your arse because it will be in long term contact with an airline seat. Every angle covered.... you're welcome!

Haha brilliant

If it turns you on, feel free."

You're welcome...

If it turns you on, feel free."

Just doing my bit for public health. Germs are super dangerous

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

"I wore a mask on plane very recently, and it looked like a 50 - 50 split amongst the other passengers.

I wore a mask for one simple reason, I was going on holiday and the last thing I wanted was to fall ill when I got there. Being on a plane with 300 people is a high risk for picking up illnesses, I have had so many colds after being on a plane.

I thought about it and made my decision, I did what I thought was reasonable to allow me to enjoy my £3k trip.

I am pleased to say, I did not have any illnesses, I did enjoy my holiday and it was no real hardship.

"

I thought wearing a mask was to protect others not the wearer?

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 21/04/22 16:13:46]

Terra Firma

"I wore a mask on plane very recently, and it looked like a 50 - 50 split amongst the other passengers.

I thought wearing a mask was to protect others not the wearer? "

I thought it would offer me some protection, so I wore it. Like wearing a dust mask when sanding wood, something is surely better than nothing?

London

I thought it would offer me some protection, so I wore it. Like wearing a dust mask when sanding wood, something is surely better than nothing? "

maybe yes I see the logic. I’m neither for or against masks I’d rather them not be mandatory but all for people wearing them if they want and to be fair I don’t turn a blind eye. The science behind them being mandatory was to protect others.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

You're welcome...

So 6 or 7 would be even more effective! I think everyone that elects to wear a mask should wear at least 6. Triple protection for mouth and nose (obviously), one for eyes and one for each ear. It's just impossible to be too careful. Latex gloves for sure and insanity gel for your arse because it will be in long term contact with an airline seat. Every angle covered.... you're welcome! "

Why do you care so much what others do? Over the years planes have always spread coughs and colds. If some folks want to try and avoid that by wearing a mask... Fair play. If not... Fair play.

Terra Firma

I thought it would offer me some protection, so I wore it. Like wearing a dust mask when sanding wood, something is surely better than nothing? maybe yes I see the logic. I’m neither for or against masks I’d rather them not be mandatory but all for people wearing them if they want and to be fair I don’t turn a blind eye. The science behind them being mandatory was to protect others."

The way I saw it / see it, if you decide to get on a plane you can't grumble if you catch covid, or any other airborne virus, it is an enclosed tight environment. However, I reasoned, you can take precautions to reduce the chances of getting ill and spoiling your well earned break in the sun.

If others don't want to do that and run with greater risk, that is their grown up choice. I think that is pretty much the place we need to be as you say, not mandatory, each to their own.

London

I thought it would offer me some protection, so I wore it. Like wearing a dust mask when sanding wood, something is surely better than nothing? maybe yes I see the logic. I’m neither for or against masks I’d rather them not be mandatory but all for people wearing them if they want and to be fair I don’t turn a blind eye. The science behind them being mandatory was to protect others.

The way I saw it / see it, if you decide to get on a plane you can't grumble if you catch covid, or any other airborne virus, it is an enclosed tight environment. However, I reasoned, you can take precautions to reduce the chances of getting ill and spoiling your well earned break in the sun.

If others don't want to do that and run with greater risk, that is their grown up choice. I think that is pretty much the place we need to be as you say, not mandatory, each to their own. "

one hundred percent agree and I one hundred percent agree with each individuals choice. I just hope everyone can now get on and no party is looking at the other party like they are mad or doing somthing wrong.

By *estriancdtopTV/TS  over a year ago

chester

"Just back from USA and masks still mandatory on the flight."

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/us-judge-rules-mask-mandate-transport-unlawful-overturning-biden-effort-2022-04-18/

Not as of two days ago

Manchester (she/her)

I thought it would offer me some protection, so I wore it. Like wearing a dust mask when sanding wood, something is surely better than nothing? maybe yes I see the logic. I’m neither for or against masks I’d rather them not be mandatory but all for people wearing them if they want and to be fair I don’t turn a blind eye. The science behind them being mandatory was to protect others.

If others don't want to do that and run with greater risk, that is their grown up choice. I think that is pretty much the place we need to be as you say, not mandatory, each to their own. one hundred percent agree and I one hundred percent agree with each individuals choice. I just hope everyone can now get on and no party is looking at the other party like they are mad or doing somthing wrong. "

I somehow doubt people will stop having opinions on what other people do

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

You're welcome...

Just doing my bit for public health. Germs are super dangerous "

How many condoms do you use at one time?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

They should bring back smoking on planes.

Tin town

"They should bring back smoking on planes. "

Ooh yes... And metal cutlery too...

You're welcome...

How many condoms do you use at one time?"

All of them

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

You're welcome...

Grown-ups use one

You're welcome...

How many condoms do you use at one time?

Grown-ups use one "

Multi repeater...so I'm a big kid

Ryan Air still have it mandatory to wear them. I'm in Ibiza right now and here you have to wear a mask in any medical setting, in a taxi or on the bus but that's it.

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Thank god someone reasonable has gotten this taken care of. Hopefully the trend keeps going throughout other countries.

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

You do do, just don’t start preaching

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Just back from USA and masks still mandatory on the flight.

On my way out to the US before Easter, masks were mandatory and everyone was wearing one on the plane.

On Easter Monday 18th, a US Federal judge decided to strike off the mask mandate for American Carriers.

This time about 20% of the passengers didn’t wear masks due to the Federal ruling; and that include two of the flight attendants.

Myself and the other 80% wore masks, and I’ll continue to wear masks for a while regardless of what the law says…..

……except if a new law emerges which says it’s prohibited to wear a mask "

Again, you do you

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I will continue to wear one. It doesn't hurt me, but would protect myself a little and others more.

Recently back from sicily and Milan and they and Ryan air were very strict... I still wear one in the shops and definitely if using public transport.

Stockport

……except if a new law emerges which says it’s prohibited to wear a mask "

If a new law emerges which says it is prohibited to wear a mask, I will eagerly await when the people making that law require medical attention. Let's hope that the surgeon has a good cough over them while they are opened up, maybe a few sneezes. Possibly the doctor will smoke while working, it'd be a terrible shame (not) to drop some fag ash inside them.

If masks are prohibited, maybe ordinary bodily hygeine should be also. Let's have people with pissy hands and shitty fingers preparing the food at the house of commons restaurant. Perhaps a bit of jizz in the soup.

I would hope that over the last couple of years at least some of us have come to understand the benefits of taking better precautions to avoid passing germs to others, and to attempt to protect ourselves against infections. Any legislation that would aim to DENY people from taking those protective measures should be condemned by all right thinking folk, and those that would seek to force ill health on society deserve nothing better than being dropped in sewage and flushed out to the sea.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 22/04/22 04:14:26]

By *ent1Man  over a year ago

Ashford

A mask will not protect you from covid, it might only prevent spreading it.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"A mask will not protect you from covid, it might only prevent spreading it."

So in essence protect others from it?!

I flew three times last week. The easyJet flights said they they would like you to wear a mask while walking around the cabin but not whilst sitting and it wasn’t enforced. Turkish airlines didn’t mention wearing masks and no one wore one.

London

……except if a new law emerges which says it’s prohibited to wear a mask

If a new law emerges which says it is prohibited to wear a mask, I will eagerly await when the people making that law require medical attention. Let's hope that the surgeon has a good cough over them while they are opened up, maybe a few sneezes. Possibly the doctor will smoke while working, it'd be a terrible shame (not) to drop some fag ash inside them.

If masks are prohibited, maybe ordinary bodily hygeine should be also. Let's have people with pissy hands and shitty fingers preparing the food at the house of commons restaurant. Perhaps a bit of jizz in the soup.

I would hope that over the last couple of years at least some of us have come to understand the benefits of taking better precautions to avoid passing germs to others, and to attempt to protect ourselves against infections. Any legislation that would aim to DENY people from taking those protective measures should be condemned by all right thinking folk, and those that would seek to force ill health on society deserve nothing better than being dropped in sewage and flushed out to the sea."

London

Which means masks can help control the spread.

merseyside

"Two or possibly three masks just to be absolutely sure that you'll not catch or spread any viruses... actually six or seven plus a clear plastic visor. Belt 'n' braces approach needed. It's just far too dangerous to inhale and exhale 'willy-nilly' when other humans are in close proximity. "

Too true.

We wear the full bio hazard suit on planes and especially on buses where poor people tend to congregate.

I've also stopped licking random strangers in Aldi.

We all must make sacrifices during these dark, dark times.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I find it sad that people mock others for wanting to reduce the risk of spreading it, especially when traveling, and wanting to enjoy their holiday rather than become ill. Even if you don't believe it gives any protection, its surely not much of a chore or discomfort to do your bit. I would find t especially disgraceful if anyone thought that is ok to get on a plane knowing that they had it irrespective of rules and restrictions. It's the decent thing to do, avoiding spreading to anyone. I have rarely contributed to such threads but I was surprised at the lack of respect for one another in some of the comments.

merseyside

"They should bring back smoking on planes.

Ooh yes... And metal cutlery too... "

Yes and the initial price shown should include a massive case, seat number, airline meal (I love them).

Especially the old question "chicken or fish"

On the BA shuttle the cabin crew asked me, sweet or salty, I had no idea what she was on about so just said, both please...crisps and biscuits, lovely.

Tin town

"I find it sad that people mock others for wanting to reduce the risk of spreading it, especially when traveling, and wanting to enjoy their holiday rather than become ill. Even if you don't believe it gives any protection, its surely not much of a chore or discomfort to do your bit. I would find t especially disgraceful if anyone thought that is ok to get on a plane knowing that they had it irrespective of rules and restrictions. It's the decent thing to do, avoiding spreading to anyone. I have rarely contributed to such threads but I was surprised at the lack of respect for one another in some of the comments. "

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

I was going to catch a train for a Day out in York, but decided not to for the same reason

By *ravo_CharlieMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Its pretty simple. Do a test before you get on a flight. Jabbed or unjabbed. Positive, dont fly. Negative, do fly!

Fuck me they couldnt even keep that 1 simple rule in place.

merseyside

Bang on.

Not letting a bunch of plague ridden Brits ruin our jollies.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"My guess is that masks will be back on faces by..... Halloween "

Sooner.. maybe.

BA1 variant late last year, BA2 variant around Feb and now there's no testing required to fly, there are two new variants in South Africa heading our way in the next few weeks.

BA3, BA4 are on route, and even though you have had any of the previous versions, it looks like it's possible to catch both of these again, one after the other.

Just like those reporting having it twice in the last few months..

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Had a family member with COVID stay with me for a few days a couple of weeks ago, to isolate from vulnerable family members.

7 days here, 4 days +ve LFT, spent time with her while window open and both wearing PP3 masks.

If, as many claim - masks don't work, then how come I didn't catch it?

There's no other reason as I'd sat for extended periods of time within 18 inches of each other?

I suspect it was more the infected person wearing than myself that held it back.

Or, just lucky?

"A mask will not protect you from covid, it might only prevent spreading it.

Had a family member with COVID stay with me for a few days a couple of weeks ago, to isolate from vulnerable family members.

7 days here, 4 days +ve LFT, spent time with her while window open and both wearing PP3 masks.

There's no other reason as I'd sat for extended periods of time within 18 inches of each other?

I suspect it was more the infected person wearing than myself that held it back.

Or, just lucky?"

I had Covid early doors, before some of the different symptoms were discovered and it was recognised by a cough. I didn’t think I had it, I had a sore throat and a headache. Anyway, I went for a meal with friends, we sat in close proximity in a booth and shared cocktails. Neither of them caught it. They weren’t wearing masks.

I visited a friend two weeks ago who had Covid, took her some supplies etc, made her some food and kept her company for a while. I didn’t wear a mask.

I didn’t catch it.

Luck of the draw.

Terra Firma

Or, just lucky?

I had Covid early doors, before some of the different symptoms were discovered and it was recognised by a cough. I didn’t think I had it, I had a sore throat and a headache. Anyway, I went for a meal with friends, we sat in close proximity in a booth and shared cocktails. Neither of them caught it. They weren’t wearing masks.

I visited a friend two weeks ago who had Covid, took her some supplies etc, made her some food and kept her company for a while. I didn’t wear a mask.

I didn’t catch it.

Luck of the draw."

I'm interested in why you chose not to wear a mask when you visited your friend, knowing she had covid?

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

My dad lives in Canada and some restrictions are still in place. Haven't seen him for three years due to the pandemic, but he's waiting for the remaining restrictions to be lifted. I'll be travelling back to Canada with him for a bit of a holiday.

Or, just lucky?

I didn’t catch it.

Luck of the draw.

I'm interested in why you chose not to wear a mask when you visited your friend, knowing she had covid?"

Didn’t see the need. I kept my distance, I have antibodies. I don’t have anything other than the flimsy cheap masks so didn’t bother.

Terra Firma

Or, just lucky?

I didn’t catch it.

Luck of the draw.

I'm interested in why you chose not to wear a mask when you visited your friend, knowing she had covid?

Didn’t see the need. I kept my distance, I have antibodies. I don’t have anything other than the flimsy cheap masks so didn’t bother. "

Is it only covid you are unconcerned about or is there a virus you wouldn't take a risk with?

Or, just lucky?

I didn’t catch it.

Luck of the draw.

Didn’t see the need. I kept my distance, I have antibodies. I don’t have anything other than the flimsy cheap masks so didn’t bother.

Is it only covid you are unconcerned about or is there a virus you wouldn't take a risk with? "

Some I’m concerned about, some I’m not.

I wouldn’t like to mess with Ebola but with social distancing I’ll feel fairly safe delivering shopping to someone with Covid.

Terra Firma

Or, just lucky?

I didn’t catch it.

Luck of the draw.

Is it only covid you are unconcerned about or is there a virus you wouldn't take a risk with?

Some I’m concerned about, some I’m not.

I wouldn’t like to mess with Ebola but with social distancing I’ll feel fairly safe delivering shopping to someone with Covid."

Ah okay, I may have got the wrong end of the stick by making a couple of assumptions. I assumed from your response that you were not socially distanced and your immunity had probably waned to non existent if you had covid at the start of the pandemic.

By *edheadjMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

Still going to wear masks on public transport.

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

more germs on the masks than anywhere else, so good job i say..

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"more germs on the masks than anywhere else, so good job i say.."

Fancy backing this up with facts?

"more germs on the masks than anywhere else, so good job i say..

Fancy backing this up with facts? "

He counted em all himself, every last germ. Took him all day.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

He counted em all himself, every last germ. Took him all day."

Had to take his shoes and socks to help him count.

He counted em all himself, every last germ. Took him all day.

Had to take his shoes and socks to help him count."

And his underpants.

By *rizlarMan  over a year ago

Bridgwater

Just remember people, this virus is still out there, I tested positive yesterday and feeling shit!

UK

How can it not be germ free....its out in the open catching the germs . Your breathing germs on it . It goes from face to hand to pocket to bag and back again . On the car seat or indicator stem...be full of germs for sure.

Manchester (she/her)

"How can it not be germ free....its out in the open catching the germs . Your breathing germs on it . It goes from face to hand to pocket to bag and back again . On the car seat or indicator stem...be full of germs for sure."

So... Those germs it's catching, that might indicate there are germs elsewhere?

Manchester (she/her)

"Just remember people, this virus is still out there, I tested positive yesterday and feeling shit!"

Feel better

"How can it not be germ free....its out in the open catching the germs . Your breathing germs on it . It goes from face to hand to pocket to bag and back again . On the car seat or indicator stem...be full of germs for sure."

Sounds like you really did carry out a rigorous study after all.

You have to wonder when the biggest comorbidity is obesity, and yet so many politicians are STILL morbidly obese....

"You have to wonder when the biggest comorbidity is obesity, and yet so many politicians are STILL morbidly obese.... "

Some are v fat. I think most are probably just a bit fat, though. + in most cases, they have good access to money, good food + medical care. That really helps.

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

We've booked a flight for late May and will be putting a mask on.

Mostly to keep the 3rd seat free, most folks don't like us 'sheep' and tend to prefer sitting with mask less people, suits us fine.

Here's to some sun on our Covid ravaged bones.

"

I wear a mask. Dnt care what others do. Selfish in my eyes if you think its a chore to do so.

Never inhale willy. Very bad for the health. With that attitude I wish you luck in that you never get it or spread to loved ones if you do

Tin town

"You have to wonder when the biggest comorbidity is obesity, and yet so many politicians are STILL morbidly obese.... "

Err why only limit if to a few thousand politicians that are morbidly obese? You only have to walk your high street to see the scale of the problem.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"How can it not be germ free....its out in the open catching the germs . Your breathing germs on it . It goes from face to hand to pocket to bag and back again . On the car seat or indicator stem...be full of germs for sure.

Sounds like you really did carry out a rigorous study after all."

So, would a rigorous study show a variation among those drivers of certain German cars who are well known for not indicating?

Manchester (she/her)

Never inhale willy. Very bad for the health. With that attitude I wish you luck in that you never get it or spread to loved ones if you do"

Exhaling willy might also pose technical challenges tbh

merseyside

Still wear a mask on the plane, wipe down the fold down table and arm rests and use a wipe on toilet handles and doors.

Just do what we can.

Folks who say to me on the plane, don't have to wear a mask mate.

I reply with..thanks I know but just got back from Lagos and had a bout of Dengue fever, so the mask is to protect you.

For some reason they don't seem to happy sitting next to me or take advantage of my kind offer to share my trebor mints.

"Should of happened months ago."

I raise you...should never have even been a thing! Haha

Manchester (she/her)

"Still wear a mask on the plane, wipe down the fold down table and arm rests and use a wipe on toilet handles and doors.

Just do what we can.

Folks who say to me on the plane, don't have to wear a mask mate.

I reply with..thanks I know but just got back from Lagos and had a bout of Dengue fever, so the mask is to protect you.

For some reason they don't seem to happy sitting next to me or take advantage of my kind offer to share my trebor mints. "

"Should of happened months ago.

I raise you...should never have even been a thing! Haha"

*sigh*

If a surgeon operates on you, will you request them not to wear a mask?

By *ets DanceCouple  over a year ago

Brixworth

Jeez ppl its CHOICE..remember the days when we had that?.. remember the days when you happily visited aunt nelly when you had a cold, or walked into the local shop knowing you'd been sat on the toilet 30 mins before delivering satan from your areshole. Stomach bugs, colds and flu , viruses all of them .. yet you now decide to stand up for others and your rights?.. Flu alone kills 27,000 on average a year in he UK.. pre covid did you even think about that before you walked, mask free, into a shop and nudge passed the elderly or young? Did you question their health to 'make sure you weren't going to infect them? Did you do tests each time you were to mingle with others ?.. NO! but now God forbid anyone CHOOSES to not wear one.. someone mentioned sheep, ell ye, you ARE a sheep if you are not 100% convictd to your beliefs at ALL times but instead follow a herd mentality to outwardly shame others ..how many bukkakes or cum moments have you had, how many itches down below that you were too embarrassed to tell sexual partners about?.. oh wait but I forgot , thats fine as you only get herpes FOR LIFE and you can only get AIDS once !! But covid, wow , so much worse even when stats have now been proven to have been falsified.. just remember freedom of choice and if you can rest your head on your pillow each night, free from guilt and not just taking a moral high ground then all will be good in the world

Durham

"Jeez ppl its CHOICE..remember the days when we had that?.. remember the days when you happily visited aunt nelly when you had a cold, or walked into the local shop knowing you'd been sat on the toilet 30 mins before delivering satan from your areshole. Stomach bugs, colds and flu , viruses all of them .. yet you now decide to stand up for others and your rights?.. Flu alone kills 27,000 on average a year in he UK.. pre covid did you even think about that before you walked, mask free, into a shop and nudge passed the elderly or young? Did you question their health to 'make sure you weren't going to infect them? Did you do tests each time you were to mingle with others ?.. NO! but now God forbid anyone CHOOSES to not wear one.. someone mentioned sheep, ell ye, you ARE a sheep if you are not 100% convictd to your beliefs at ALL times but instead follow a herd mentality to outwardly shame others ..how many bukkakes or cum moments have you had, how many itches down below that you were too embarrassed to tell sexual partners about?.. oh wait but I forgot , thats fine as you only get herpes FOR LIFE and you can only get AIDS once !! But covid, wow , so much worse even when stats have now been proven to have been falsified.. just remember freedom of choice and if you can rest your head on your pillow each night, free from guilt and not just taking a moral high ground then all will be good in the world "

Flu doesn't kill 27000 people a year in the uk. Just under 27000 is the worst flu death year since they have been recorded. The average is less than 15000 and that is bumped up by a few bad years. In a typical year there are 5 to 6000 deaths in the uk.

merseyside

*sigh*

If a surgeon operates on you, will you request them not to wear a mask?"

Come on, be fair.

A open wound is slightly different from a few droplets landing on your already filthy mitts while in Tesco.

Brixworth

"Jeez ppl its CHOICE..remember the days when we had that?.. remember the days when you happily visited aunt nelly when you had a cold, or walked into the local shop knowing you'd been sat on the toilet 30 mins before delivering satan from your areshole. Stomach bugs, colds and flu , viruses all of them .. yet you now decide to stand up for others and your rights?.. Flu alone kills 27,000 on average a year in he UK.. pre covid did you even think about that before you walked, mask free, into a shop and nudge passed the elderly or young? Did you question their health to 'make sure you weren't going to infect them? Did you do tests each time you were to mingle with others ?.. NO! but now God forbid anyone CHOOSES to not wear one.. someone mentioned sheep, ell ye, you ARE a sheep if you are not 100% convictd to your beliefs at ALL times but instead follow a herd mentality to outwardly shame others ..how many bukkakes or cum moments have you had, how many itches down below that you were too embarrassed to tell sexual partners about?.. oh wait but I forgot , thats fine as you only get herpes FOR LIFE and you can only get AIDS once !! But covid, wow , so much worse even when stats have now been proven to have been falsified.. just remember freedom of choice and if you can rest your head on your pillow each night, free from guilt and not just taking a moral high ground then all will be good in the world

Flu doesn't kill 27000 people a year in the uk. Just under 27000 is the worst flu death year since they have been recorded. The average is less than 15000 and that is bumped up by a few bad years. In a typical year there are 5 to 6000 deaths in the uk. "

So 15,000 is acceptable then? .. my bad, .. but feel you missed the point, if you didn't care then why care now? Hypocrisy for a fair few I belive (my opinion)

Stats can be amended to suit an agenda.. like the deaths put down to covid for the monetary reward factor by hospitals when cancer, car accidents etc etc were the ACTUAL cause. Beliefs tend to be more personal to an individual and a constant changing of those beliefs to suit a lifestyle or differing agenda are those I take little notice of.. not dig at anyone , once again an opinion

Durham

"Jeez ppl its CHOICE..remember the days when we had that?.. remember the days when you happily visited aunt nelly when you had a cold, or walked into the local shop knowing you'd been sat on the toilet 30 mins before delivering satan from your areshole. Stomach bugs, colds and flu , viruses all of them .. yet you now decide to stand up for others and your rights?.. Flu alone kills 27,000 on average a year in he UK.. pre covid did you even think about that before you walked, mask free, into a shop and nudge passed the elderly or young? Did you question their health to 'make sure you weren't going to infect them? Did you do tests each time you were to mingle with others ?.. NO! but now God forbid anyone CHOOSES to not wear one.. someone mentioned sheep, ell ye, you ARE a sheep if you are not 100% convictd to your beliefs at ALL times but instead follow a herd mentality to outwardly shame others ..how many bukkakes or cum moments have you had, how many itches down below that you were too embarrassed to tell sexual partners about?.. oh wait but I forgot , thats fine as you only get herpes FOR LIFE and you can only get AIDS once !! But covid, wow , so much worse even when stats have now been proven to have been falsified.. just remember freedom of choice and if you can rest your head on your pillow each night, free from guilt and not just taking a moral high ground then all will be good in the world

Flu doesn't kill 27000 people a year in the uk. Just under 27000 is the worst flu death year since they have been recorded. The average is less than 15000 and that is bumped up by a few bad years. In a typical year there are 5 to 6000 deaths in the uk.

So 15,000 is acceptable then? .. my bad, .. but feel you missed the point, if you didn't care then why care now? Hypocrisy for a fair few I belive (my opinion)

Stats can be amended to suit an agenda.. like the deaths put down to covid for the monetary reward factor by hospitals when cancer, car accidents etc etc were the ACTUAL cause. Beliefs tend to be more personal to an individual and a constant changing of those beliefs to suit a lifestyle or differing agenda are those I take little notice of.. not dig at anyone , once again an opinion

"

No 15000 is not acceptable but you can't compare it to covid even now a similar number of people are dying of covid in a month as die of flu in a typical year.

Brixworth

No 15000 is not acceptable but you can't compare it to covid even now a similar number of people are dying of covid in a month as die of flu in a typical year."

Are these stats from the same 'sources' that 4 months ago admitted they were woefully incorrect ? Maybe you would like to also put them against the deaths for cancer, heart disease, car accidents etc , you know, just to get a clear picture of all uk deaths.. we have placed Covid on some sort of viral pedestal and yet, thousands are dying each month from something else, when did covid become this apocalyptic nightmare ?

1 in 2 will get cancer, thats over 30 million of the uk population !

Reality over media hype and control. We are an intelligent race , the light box(tv) is not usually an open medium, more a controlled, control device

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Jeez ppl its CHOICE..remember the days when we had that?.. remember the days when you happily visited aunt nelly when you had a cold, or walked into the local shop knowing you'd been sat on the toilet 30 mins before delivering satan from your areshole. Stomach bugs, colds and flu , viruses all of them .. yet you now decide to stand up for others and your rights?.. Flu alone kills 27,000 on average a year in he UK.. pre covid did you even think about that before you walked, mask free, into a shop and nudge passed the elderly or young? Did you question their health to 'make sure you weren't going to infect them? Did you do tests each time you were to mingle with others ?.. NO! but now God forbid anyone CHOOSES to not wear one.. someone mentioned sheep, ell ye, you ARE a sheep if you are not 100% convictd to your beliefs at ALL times but instead follow a herd mentality to outwardly shame others ..how many bukkakes or cum moments have you had, how many itches down below that you were too embarrassed to tell sexual partners about?.. oh wait but I forgot , thats fine as you only get herpes FOR LIFE and you can only get AIDS once !! But covid, wow , so much worse even when stats have now been proven to have been falsified.. just remember freedom of choice and if you can rest your head on your pillow each night, free from guilt and not just taking a moral high ground then all will be good in the world "

Lolz. After all this time and people still haven't even got a basic understanding of viruses, and covid.

Amazing.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Surely choice works both ways. If people like myself want to wear one when I fly or travel then why shouldn't I.

I'm feeling a bit dumb this week.... I've worn a mask since well before we were asked to, then mandated too... yet last week I threw caution to the wind and didn't wear one while in a packed viewing or the latest marvel movie.... and Monday night I tested positive for covid. ( after being really poorly all monday, and needing to test before work)

Now wearing a mask in my own home in a desperate attempt to protect my clinically vulnerable daughter who shares my home.

Hoping that like me she will not get it badly. As my first time with covid put me in hospital., and I don't have her issues

So I don't care if people don't want to wear masks for whatever reason... but leave those of us who believe it makes a difference to do so.

Manchester (she/her)

"Surely choice works both ways. If people like myself want to wear one when I fly or travel then why shouldn't I.

I'm feeling a bit dumb this week.... I've worn a mask since well before we were asked to, then mandated too... yet last week I threw caution to the wind and didn't wear one while in a packed viewing or the latest marvel movie.... and Monday night I tested positive for covid. ( after being really poorly all monday, and needing to test before work)

Now wearing a mask in my own home in a desperate attempt to protect my clinically vulnerable daughter who shares my home.

Hoping that like me she will not get it badly. As my first time with covid put me in hospital., and I don't have her issues

So I don't care if people don't want to wear masks for whatever reason... but leave those of us who believe it makes a difference to do so."

I'm sorry you're ill.

And yes, funny how freedom of choice means "abuse people wearing masks". The abuse I'm getting has risen dramatically.

It does tell me who to avoid.

*sigh*

Come on, be fair.

A open wound is slightly different from a few droplets landing on your already filthy mitts while in Tesco.

"

The problem isn't mitts with Covid. It's breathing it in + breathing it out. Hence masks being a bloody good idea.

Brixworth

Lolz. After all this time and people still haven't even got a basic understanding of viruses, and covid.

Amazing."

The point is coronaVIRUS is getting way too much air time in media outlets and on forums such as this .. shall we also debate veganism versus carnivore, good versus evil... when did freedom of choice become a topic for debate, outcasts and ridicule !

Now THAT is the amazingly stupid part !

Unvaccinated - my choice

Non mask wearing - my choice

Freedom to investigate for myself rather than allow others to cajole me - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

Brixworth

"Surely choice works both ways. If people like myself want to wear one when I fly or travel then why shouldn't I.

So I don't care if people don't want to wear masks for whatever reason... but leave those of us who believe it makes a difference to do so.

I'm sorry you're ill.

And yes, funny how freedom of choice means "abuse people wearing masks". The abuse I'm getting has risen dramatically.

It does tell me who to avoid."

For my beliefs and opinions i was called a murderer .. now thats abuse to its naive fullest.. I do not criticise others for their choice but the soapbox standers who wish to call me or you out, require knocking off it .. I respect you and your choice 100% as should others with mine

merseyside

*sigh*

Come on, be fair.

The problem isn't mitts with Covid. It's breathing it in + breathing it out. Hence masks being a bloody good idea."

You've got it half correct.

Although virus is transmitted by airborne particles, it basically hitches a ride on your spit, most contamination is because these droplets can be active for about 72 hours, depending on the surface and we don't wash our hands enough so we pick up virus from most hard surfaces.

Most folks put a hand up to their face if they sneeze or cough, best use crook of elbow.

Masks do cut down transmission but basic hygiene is probably more important at this stage of the game.

People tend not to change masks either.

Just for curiosity I counted the number of mask and glove change I did during a clinic last week.

17 times in the day and obviously washed hands before and after patient contact.

Open wound infection a totally different ballgame.

golden fields

Amazing.

The point is coronaVIRUS is getting way too much air time in media outlets and on forums such as this .. shall we also debate veganism versus carnivore, good versus evil... when did freedom of choice become a topic for debate, outcasts and ridicule !

Unvaccinated - my choice

Freedom to investigate for myself rather than allow others to cajole me - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

"

We can debate everything.

Debating that science isn't real is ridiculous.

And you're missing the point of masks completely, they're to protect other people from catching the virus from the wearer, not the other way around. Plus wearing one for 30 minutes in Tesco was never a big deal.

Brixworth

Amazing.

Unvaccinated - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

And you're missing the point of masks completely, they're to protect other people from catching the virus from the wearer, not the other way around. Plus wearing one for 30 minutes in Tesco was never a big deal."

Science along with everything is subjective, we can all find evidence, stats or facts that agree with our viewpoint.

I think my point was clear, just some decide which part of my posts to pick out but not one has addressed my main point.. did any of you care about what you passed onto others prior to covid ? Or was the bandwagon too good to miss jumping on for this one thing?

Masks or no masks, I don't care and have not put an arguement for or against in any of my responses yet this is the one thing that is bothering people. I merely questioned when people came to care about spreading disease or virus's , if only during this pandemic does that make your stance believable, right or, in my opinion, just a reason to pick a side.. , I am not without sin and avoid throwing stones in glass houses... shouldn't others ?

I do not deliberately infect others with anything but I will not be condemned for a choice that is neither proven nor disproven and I in turn will not condemn others who choose different to me.

merseyside

How come it ok for posts on this site regarding politics, virus and vegans.

Fair enough, free speech.

But I tried to put a post on Conservative, Labour and Vegan sites entitled 'Fuck your wife while husband takes pics' and for some reason they wouldn't accept it.

Free speech, fuck off.

"How come it ok for posts on this site regarding politics, virus and vegans.

But I tried to put a post on Conservative, Labour and Vegan sites entitled 'Fuck your wife while husband takes pics' and for some reason they wouldn't accept it.

Free speech, fuck off. "

golden fields

Amazing.

Unvaccinated - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

And you're missing the point of masks completely, they're to protect other people from catching the virus from the wearer, not the other way around. Plus wearing one for 30 minutes in Tesco was never a big deal.

Science along with everything is subjective, we can all find evidence, stats or facts that agree with our viewpoint.

I think my point was clear, just some decide which part of my posts to pick out but not one has addressed my main point.. did any of you care about what you passed onto others prior to covid ? Or was the bandwagon too good to miss jumping on for this one thing?

Masks or no masks, I don't care and have not put an arguement for or against in any of my responses yet this is the one thing that is bothering people. I merely questioned when people came to care about spreading disease or virus's , if only during this pandemic does that make your stance believable, right or, in my opinion, just a reason to pick a side.. , I am not without sin and avoid throwing stones in glass houses... shouldn't others ?

I do not deliberately infect others with anything but I will not be condemned for a choice that is neither proven nor disproven and I in turn will not condemn others who choose different to me.

"

Science isn't subjective. That's the point. It describes the world around us. You can choose to understand it, or not.

Your choice not to wear a mask increased the chance you caused harm to others.

I certainly wouldn't have wished to transmit any virus to others prior to the pandemic. I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest. Extra care was needed with Covid because of how easily transmittable it is.

Anyway, as you have mentioned you prefer to choose an opinion that is not based in science. So I'm not sure what debate will achieve.

As we don't have to wear masks anymore, and we never had to have the vaccine. You can crack on as you like.

Brixworth

Amazing.

Unvaccinated - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

Science isn't subjective. That's the point. It describes the world around us. You can choose to understand it, or not.

I certainly wouldn't have wished to transmit any virus to others prior to the pandemic. I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest. Extra care was needed with Covid because of how easily transmittable it is.

Anyway, as you have mentioned you prefer to choose an opinion that is not based in science. So I'm not sure what debate will achieve.

As we don't have to wear masks anymore, and we never had to have the vaccine. You can crack on as you like. "

My science and fact are just as valid as yours. I take my facts from science its just my facts differ from yours but I can see how you believe yours is the only true science lol

That is the difference. I looked at BOTH sides whereas you blindly chose the one that matched your opinion.

I always mentioned factual debate based on scientific findings , I never once mentioned non scientific facts. I did however debate a morality which is not scientifically founded.. the one where you choose when you take this so called moral high ground.

Crack on ? How gracious lol.. usually the conclusion of a debate when someone will not even begin to look at themselves and choose to apportion blame onto others lol

Wouldn't have wished and went out of my way (like during covid) are not the same.. one is stating a naive not knowing and the other a conscious choice , but intelligence suggests that you know if you are unwell, to be around someone has the potential to transmit a virus or disease.. you CHOSE to so it was not a concern .. whereas you appear to be hugely concerned now.

I admit it.. you brush over it..yet you still believe you take the higher morality ground lol

Crack on indeed lol

golden fields

Amazing.

Unvaccinated - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

As we don't have to wear masks anymore, and we never had to have the vaccine. You can crack on as you like.

My science and fact are just as valid as yours. I take my facts from science its just my facts differ from yours but I can see how you believe yours is the only true science lol

That is the difference. I looked at BOTH sides whereas you blindly chose the one that matched your opinion.

I always mentioned factual debate based on scientific findings , I never once mentioned non scientific facts. I did however debate a morality which is not scientifically founded.. the one where you choose when you take this so called moral high ground.

Crack on ? How gracious lol.. usually the conclusion of a debate when someone will not even begin to look at themselves and choose to apportion blame onto others lol

Wouldn't have wished and went out of my way (like during covid) are not the same.. one is stating a naive not knowing and the other a conscious choice , but intelligence suggests that you know if you are unwell, to be around someone has the potential to transmit a virus or disease.. you CHOSE to so it was not a concern .. whereas you appear to be hugely concerned now.

I admit it.. you brush over it..yet you still believe you take the higher morality ground lol

Crack on indeed lol "

There are no "both sides" when it comes to science.

Maybe take a step back and try to understand what science is, and how it works. Then the things will fall into place.

The rest of your rant just seems angry, so I'll leave you to your confusion.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Wow

Brixworth

Amazing.

Unvaccinated - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

Crack on indeed lol

Maybe take a step back and try to understand what science is, and how it works. Then the things will fall into place.

"

Typical , resort to insulting my intelligence to make yourself feel superior and right lol

*yawn*

*sigh*

If a surgeon operates on you, will you request them not to wear a mask?"

I’d ask him to up the anaesthetic as I’m still awake on the operating table...

*sigh*

Come on, be fair.

"

Excuse me...logic is an instant disqualification hahaha

"How come it ok for posts on this site regarding politics, virus and vegans.

Free speech, fuck off. "

Hahahhahaha

By * U mineMan  over a year ago

Fun

I wear masks for two reasons, I look twenty years younger, and who wants to breathe a stranger's air.

Amazing.

Unvaccinated - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

As we don't have to wear masks anymore, and we never had to have the vaccine. You can crack on as you like. "

...what about the science that said they’re useless hahaa

Manchester (she/her)

Amazing.

Unvaccinated - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

...what about the science that said they’re useless hahaa"

If you want to believe that then knock yourself out.

golden fields

Amazing.

Unvaccinated - my choice

Seeing a pattern here ?

Crack on indeed lol

Typical , resort to insulting my intelligence to make yourself feel superior and right lol

*yawn* "

Not sure what you think was an insult.

Just pointing out how you didn't appear to understand what science is, how scientific method works, what peer reviewing is for etc.

If you did, you wouldn't make comments like "science is subjective" or when you talk about "believing" science.

*sigh*

Come on, be fair.

The problem isn't mitts with Covid. It's breathing it in + breathing it out. Hence masks being a bloody good idea.

Although virus is transmitted by airborne particles, it basically hitches a ride on your spit, most contamination is because these droplets can be active for about 72 hours, depending on the surface and we don't wash our hands enough so we pick up virus from most hard surfaces.

Most folks put a hand up to their face if they sneeze or cough, best use crook of elbow.

Masks do cut down transmission but basic hygiene is probably more important at this stage of the game.

Just for curiosity I counted the number of mask and glove change I did during a clinic last week.

17 times in the day and obviously washed hands before and after patient contact.

"

I simplified. You breathe it in/out via droplets, leading to infection. You admitted as much in a roundabout way.

Contact seems to do fuck all. Last I read, people had not become ill from touching contaminated surfaces.

Manchester (she/her)

*sigh*

Come on, be fair.

I simplified. You breathe it in/out via droplets, leading to infection. You admitted as much in a roundabout way.

Contact seems to do fuck all. Last I read, people had not become ill from touching contaminated surfaces."

Indeed. Fomite transmission has been shown to be between rare and non existent.

merseyside

*sigh*

Come on, be fair.

Contact seems to do fuck all. Last I read, people had not become ill from touching contaminated surfaces.

Indeed. Fomite transmission has been shown to be between rare and non existent."

Have to agree, formite transmission is very rare but can you imagine if I told one of my patients, just read in the lancet, transmission through touch is very rare so don't bother washing your hands anymore, it's a waste of time.

It would let rip.

Norovirus, gastro ailments, food contamination etc would substantially increase and it would be because I said its OK not to wash your hands.

It's great to have a giggle on these threads but I have to work in the round and do believe general hygiene is extremely important.

To consider performing even the most modest procedure in theatre without all the necessary gloves masks, gowns etc would be unthinkable.

Do I still wear a mask and wipe down surfaces on a plane, yes I do, have wiped down surfaces and not touched toilet doors with bare hands unless I can throughly wash them, well before Covid. I don't find it an imposition.

Maybe it's years of washing hands, can't get out of the habit but it's not a bad habit to have.

Thanks for your response but I'll stick to what I'm doing.

Manchester (she/her)

*sigh*

Come on, be fair.

Have to agree, formite transmission is very rare but can you imagine if I told one of my patients, just read in the lancet, transmission through touch is very rare so don't bother washing your hands anymore, it's a waste of time.

It would let rip.

Norovirus, gastro ailments, food contamination etc would substantially increase and it would be because I said its OK not to wash your hands.

It's great to have a giggle on these threads but I have to work in the round and do believe general hygiene is extremely important.

To consider performing even the most modest procedure in theatre without all the necessary gloves masks, gowns etc would be unthinkable.

Do I still wear a mask and wipe down surfaces on a plane, yes I do, have wiped down surfaces and not touched toilet doors with bare hands unless I can throughly wash them, well before Covid. I don't find it an imposition.

Maybe it's years of washing hands, can't get out of the habit but it's not a bad habit to have.

"

I'm not sure I said washing hands was bad

More like, taking the hand sanitiser in a crowded shop without a mask on is a waste of time.

Hate to state the obvious, but if masks and social distancing worked then the virus would have died during the first lockdown when everyone observed things pretty well. But it didn’t.

And surgeons wear masks to protect themselves from blood spatter as much as anything else. There is evidence that after 30 mins masks emit more bugs than the individual would have as they are saturated. The evidence is not as clear cut as some make out although there is almost certainly some sort of effect.

merseyside

*sigh*

Come on, be fair.

It would let rip.

I'm not sure I said washing hands was bad

More like, taking the hand sanitiser in a crowded shop without a mask on is a waste of time."

Oops.

I tend to take one of those out with me shopping too.

Think mainly because reps brought boxes and boxes of gel and hand creams into hospital during covid and we all stocked up.

Tend to use it when I've been to the ladies loo and no dryers, especially when off into the cafe.

I tend to take the precautions I use in work out with me.

Again, I'm happy to do so, if others don't, that's fine too.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

If others don't want to do that and run with greater risk, that is their grown up choice. I think that is pretty much the place we need to be as you say, not mandatory, each to their own. "

it's only the same as going into a pub or club without a mask

golden fields

"Hate to state the obvious, but if masks and social distancing worked then the virus would have died during the first lockdown when everyone observed things pretty well. But it didn’t.

And surgeons wear masks to protect themselves from blood spatter as much as anything else. There is evidence that after 30 mins masks emit more bugs than the individual would have as they are saturated. The evidence is not as clear cut as some make out although there is almost certainly some sort of effect. "

I assume this is an ironic post?

I'm not sure anyone would actually be this confused.

Manchester (she/her)

"Hate to state the obvious, but if masks and social distancing worked then the virus would have died during the first lockdown when everyone observed things pretty well. But it didn’t.

And surgeons wear masks to protect themselves from blood spatter as much as anything else. There is evidence that after 30 mins masks emit more bugs than the individual would have as they are saturated. The evidence is not as clear cut as some make out although there is almost certainly some sort of effect.

I assume this is an ironic post?

I'm not sure anyone would actually be this confused."

By *irebolt1TV/TS  over a year ago

harlow

You're welcome...

Probably none. Super spreader in many ways

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Flying to USA in August. Advice is be prepared to wear a mask on the flight, as some territories have not relaxed the rules yet.

Flying Virgin Airways

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

And surgeons wear masks to protect themselves from blood spatter as much as anything else. There is evidence that after 30 mins masks emit more bugs than the individual would have as they are saturated. The evidence is not as clear cut as some make out although there is almost certainly some sort of effect. "

OK Dr Stupid

Manchester (she/her)

I don't think there's ever *no* masks. Certainly when I travel I wear one.

I find the bold noble emotionally mature abuse hilarious.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

Just as we are coming into hayfever season as well, more people are sneezing and coughing now.

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

Just as we are coming into hayfever season as well, more people are sneezing and coughing now."

I'm finding it amazing, after all of this, how many people are now sneezing and coughing without covering it, or covering with their hand and then touching everything.

I just... People are gross, man

merseyside

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

Just as we are coming into hayfever season as well, more people are sneezing and coughing now.

I'm finding it amazing, after all of this, how many people are now sneezing and coughing without covering it, or covering with their hand and then touching everything.

I just... People are gross, man"

Nowt stranger than folk as they say.

By *777Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

This is something we just have to live with, I have to wear mask for work but out in public I don’t, let’s just get rid of mask and start living our lives again. People sneeze and cough all the time and well before covid came a long. You can’t live your life thinking every time someone sneezes or coughs it’s covid

By *777Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

If others don't want to do that and run with greater risk, that is their grown up choice. I think that is pretty much the place we need to be as you say, not mandatory, each to their own. it's only the same as going into a pub or club without a mask"

Exactly!

By *TDHGentMan  over a year ago

Worcs

"Long Covid for flight crews…… I wonder how that’s going to go… not to mention pilots"

Not to mention breathing in everyone's fart gas on the long haulers then there's the exhaust gas recirculating from the engines

Cough

Cough

By *TDHGentMan  over a year ago

Worcs

You've just given me an idea for a new profile pic

Manchester (she/her)

"This is something we just have to live with, I have to wear mask for work but out in public I don’t, let’s just get rid of mask and start living our lives again. People sneeze and cough all the time and well before covid came a long. You can’t live your life thinking every time someone sneezes or coughs it’s covid "

No, but it was germy before and it's germy now.

I'll get rid of my masks when I choose to.

Tin town

"This is something we just have to live with, I have to wear mask for work but out in public I don’t, let’s just get rid of mask and start living our lives again. People sneeze and cough all the time and well before covid came a long. You can’t live your life thinking every time someone sneezes or coughs it’s covid "

The implication seems to be that wearing a mask is preventing people from "living our lives again". Strange concept. As for people being disgusting and coughing and sneezing over others. Yep it happened before covid. Doesn't mean we have to like it, or it was a good thing, or can't learn better behaviours. It's disgusting and unhygienic. its not a great habit.

I’m not sure how wearing a mask stops people from living their lives, wearing clothes doesn’t stop me from living mine.

The human race has survived for as long as it has because it is adaptive. We change the way we behave, build homes, travel etc. to take into account changing circumstances. Just ignoring the fact there’s a new virus out there does t mean it’s not going to affect us, it means it will kill more people.

I just wonder when we reached the point that the only important thing is doing what I want to do, me, personally, now?

Manchester (she/her)

"This is something we just have to live with, I have to wear mask for work but out in public I don’t, let’s just get rid of mask and start living our lives again. People sneeze and cough all the time and well before covid came a long. You can’t live your life thinking every time someone sneezes or coughs it’s covid

I’m not sure how wearing a mask stops people from living their lives, wearing clothes doesn’t stop me from living mine.

The human race has survived for as long as it has because it is adaptive. We change the way we behave, build homes, travel etc. to take into account changing circumstances. Just ignoring the fact there’s a new virus out there does t mean it’s not going to affect us, it means it will kill more people.

I just wonder when we reached the point that the only important thing is doing what I want to do, me, personally, now?"

Yes. I'm concerned that some people are obliterating their tomorrow by behaving recklessly today. (by tomorrow I mean, broadly, the future)

"This is something we just have to live with, I have to wear mask for work but out in public I don’t, let’s just get rid of mask and start living our lives again. People sneeze and cough all the time and well before covid came a long. You can’t live your life thinking every time someone sneezes or coughs it’s covid

I just wonder when we reached the point that the only important thing is doing what I want to do, me, personally, now?

Yes. I'm concerned that some people are obliterating their tomorrow by behaving recklessly today. (by tomorrow I mean, broadly, the future)"

The hyperbole surrounding the whole mask wearing thing, talk of human rights etc. really does lead me to believe we have turned into a nation of selfish snowflakes.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes, it is not mandatory as much anymore, which is good, but yes, everything seems to be covid nowadays dont it from a sneeze to a cough.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes. I'm concerned that some people are obliterating their tomorrow by behaving recklessly today. (by tomorrow I mean, broadly, the future)

The hyperbole surrounding the whole mask wearing thing, talk of human rights etc. really does lead me to believe we have turned into a nation of selfish snowflakes."

Entitlement uber alles. It's almost like my mask stops anyone else doing what they want to do.

I'm currently hiding behind my sofa wetting myself. If by that you mean walking by the Thames (no, there isn't a Thames in Manchester )

"Entitlement uber alles. It's almost like my mask stops anyone else doing what they want to do.

I'm currently hiding behind my sofa wetting myself. If by that you mean walking by the Thames (no, there isn't a Thames in Manchester )"

What it is about you wearing a mask that bothers them so much?

Manchester (she/her)

"Entitlement uber alles. It's almost like my mask stops anyone else doing what they want to do.

I'm currently hiding behind my sofa wetting myself. If by that you mean walking by the Thames (no, there isn't a Thames in Manchester )

What it is about you wearing a mask that bothers them so much?"

They never really get any further than profanity and threats. Fucked if I know.

They never really get any further than profanity and threats. Fucked if I know."

They’ve got a real impotent rage thing going on; it’s not enough that they don’t have to wear a mask, they need you to not wear a mask and acknowledge they were ‘right’ all along.

Manchester (she/her)

They’ve got a real impotent rage thing going on; it’s not enough that they don’t have to wear a mask, they need you to not wear a mask and acknowledge they were ‘right’ all along."

I think it's disingenuous authoritarian tendencies.

"Respect my freedom, law be damned, I don't want to wear a mask.

Respect my freedom, now we're allowed to choose for ourselves, you take your mask off. Now!"

They’ve got a real impotent rage thing going on; it’s not enough that they don’t have to wear a mask, they need you to not wear a mask and acknowledge they were ‘right’ all along.

Respect my freedom, now we're allowed to choose for ourselves, you take your mask off. Now!""

Add a healthy dose of insecurity and fragile male ego into that mix and I think we’re there.

By *rufflesCouple  over a year ago

manchester

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

Am with you 100+%, excellent response x

Manchester (she/her)

Respect my freedom, now we're allowed to choose for ourselves, you take your mask off. Now!"

Add a healthy dose of insecurity and fragile male ego into that mix and I think we’re there."

Yeah.

There's a significant overlap with the people who declare themselves defenders of freedom.

Funnily enough, I find all of it pretty indistinguishable from a toddler tantrum.

merseyside

Either wear a mask or don't.

Stay in or go out.

Go to clubs, meets, parties, holidays or don't.

If your triple jabbed, no underlying health issues or one's well managed, in my humble opinion it may be best to slowly, taking any precautions you feel necessary, especially ones that do you no harm, bit like mask wearing and general good hygiene, start to venture out and back to normality.

Being cooked up at home may not be beneficial for long term mental health or physical health.

At the end of the day, it's entirely up to you, you are all old enough and ugly enough to decide.

From my point of view its lovely to get out, even went to the beach yesterday and actually put on my cossie and ventured into the sea, Loads of people out but more than enough room, great to see folks having fun.

Manchester (she/her)

"Either wear a mask or don't.

Stay in or go out.

If your triple jabbed, no underlying health issues or one's well managed, in my humble opinion it may be best to slowly, taking any precautions you feel necessary, especially ones that do you no harm, bit like mask wearing and general good hygiene, start to venture out and back to normality.

Being cooked up at home may not be beneficial for long term mental health or physical health.

At the end of the day, it's entirely up to you, you are all old enough and ugly enough to decide.

From my point of view its lovely to get out, even went to the beach yesterday and actually put on my cossie and ventured into the sea, Loads of people out but more than enough room, great to see folks having fun.

"

I'm wandering around central London as we speak.

My thrust in this thread is that people who try to make me take my mask off don't come across as strong, they come across as petulant tantrumming bullies.

Tin town

Stay in or go out.

"

Didnt your mask get a bit soggy in the waves?

By *irtysnapperMan  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

I just got covid. It’s wiped me out. Triple vaxxed. Getting rid of masks on trains and planes is stupid.

By *otandpepperCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

you can alway use private jet, if you don’t want to share metal tube with a bunch of plague carriers. You can also put your mask on whenever you wish if you feel safer that way. If you go to the club or meet I assume you still wear mask, as you know… who knows who is a carrier?

"

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

You do your thing OP, and I'll do mine. you can alway use private jet, if you don’t want to share metal tube with a bunch of plague carriers. You can also put your mask on whenever you wish if you feel safer that way. If you go to the club or meet I assume you still wear mask, as you know… who knows who is a carrier?"

well said, hotand pepper. Staight to the point and true..

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Stay in or go out.

My thrust in this thread is that people who try to make me take my mask off don't come across as strong, they come across as petulant tantrumming bullies."

Wear your mask, no one with any sense cares, you're not a victim

UK

The government burnt 1 billion pounds worth of ppe literally 3 weeks ago as it was worthless, ie , no protection.

masks are not that effective in my opinion. They may help a little but not 100% protection.

Manchester (she/her)

Stay in or go out.

My thrust in this thread is that people who try to make me take my mask off don't come across as strong, they come across as petulant tantrumming bullies.

Wear your mask, no one with any sense cares, you're not a victim"

I'm sorry, but when strangers literally scream at me in the street, sometimes including threats, they do seem to care very much. I only care because it's rather unpleasant.

I'm glad you don't care. The more people don't care, the more we can just coexist best as possible.

merseyside

Stay in or go out.

I'm sorry, but when strangers literally scream at me in the street, sometimes including threats, they do seem to care very much. I only care because it's rather unpleasant.

I'm glad you don't care. The more people don't care, the more we can just coexist best as possible."

Never had anyone comment on me wearing a mask.

Was down in London myself, generally I'd pop a mask on in the tube and shops, not so much walking around the streets.

Don't think anyone gave me a second glance, put a mask on when on the train back, again no issues.

Sorry anyone should give you grief.

"The government burnt 1 billion pounds worth of ppe literally 3 weeks ago as it was worthless, ie , no protection.

masks are not that effective in my opinion. They may help a little but not 100% protection."

They burned it because it was not up to the required standard, and that is the reason it didn’t provide protection.

merseyside

Stay in or go out.

Didnt your mask get a bit soggy in the waves? "

No. When my toes first dipped into the freezing water my mask shot off and hid under my umbrella.

Trust me it was cold, had to change from auto breathing to manual sucking in and blowing out.

Nice though.

"The government burnt 1 billion pounds worth of ppe literally 3 weeks ago as it was worthless, ie , no protection.

masks are not that effective in my opinion. They may help a little but not 100% protection."

Fact check please. The PPE is being destroyed because it has passed its use by date. Also the science is probably better than just opinion. Some mask types offer better protection than others. FFP3 standard are the most effective. Type 2 are good. General face coverings help but are limited in what they do. Which are you referring to?

Manchester (she/her)

Stay in or go out.

I'm glad you don't care. The more people don't care, the more we can just coexist best as possible.

Never had anyone comment on me wearing a mask.

Was down in London myself, generally I'd pop a mask on in the tube and shops, not so much walking around the streets.

Don't think anyone gave me a second glance, put a mask on when on the train back, again no issues.

Sorry anyone should give you grief.

"

Thank you. I don't care that much, except being verbally accosted is horrible. I do think it reveals hypocrisy and fragility from those who partake in it. The same who demanded we not judge them for being too special for the law, now can't keep their verbal excrement to themselves. (They're welcome to lecture me in person as much as I mentioned anything to anyone in person when masks were mandatory. That would be zero)

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

I have been in close contact with lots of people, never wore a mask and I was OK.

Tin town

Stay in or go out.

Didnt your mask get a bit soggy in the waves?

No. When my toes first dipped into the freezing water my mask shot off and hid under my umbrella.

Trust me it was cold, had to change from auto breathing to manual sucking in and blowing out.

Nice though. "

Nothing wrong with a bit of manual sucking..

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 18/06/22 15:40:14]

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

May be it would be safe to say that about roughly 98% on a plane will have a negative covid test compared to other forms of travel (before restrictions were fully lifted). Maybe the number might be different now. With a new wave of covid coming, omicron still in the air and now this monkey pox starting to gather momentum. Mask or no mask something to think about.

I have long covid and I am no where near the person health wise I was before covid. Whatever you decide stay safe folks

Stockport

It might have cost a billion pounds, bought off some mate of a cabinet minister, but it wasn't a billion pounds worth. It was useless cheap shit reject product, just a way of extracting taxpayers money into tory donors pockets. Fraud that will have literally killed people because undoubtedly some will have died who wouldn't have been exposed to the virus if medical staff had been properly equipped with the protection that should have been bought with that billion pounds. The final step in the crime was of course burning the evidence...

Manchester (she/her)

"May be it would be safe to say that about roughly 98% on a plane will have a negative covid test compared to other forms of travel (before restrictions were fully lifted). Maybe the number might be different now. With a new wave of covid coming, omicron still in the air and now this monkey pox starting to gather momentum. Mask or no mask something to think about.

I have long covid and I am no where near the person health wise I was before covid. Whatever you decide stay safe folks "

I wish you all the best

Stockport

Might be news to you, but nothing in life provides 100% protection. A flak jacket doesn't stop you getting a bullet through the head, but funnily enough soldiers in a war zone appear on balance to be in favour of wearing them...

Manchester (she/her)

masks are not that effective in my opinion. They may help a little but not 100% protection.

Might be news to you, but nothing in life provides 100% protection. A flak jacket doesn't stop you getting a bullet through the head, but funnily enough soldiers in a war zone appear on balance to be in favour of wearing them..."

Drinking water can save your life... or kill you.

"Not 100% protection" is the Nirvana fallacy.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Have flown 5x over the last two years , been packed theatres , football grounds ,and madness at the 02 followed by crammed trip home on the London clipper ,still not managed to catch even a cold , not saying it’s not out there , just I’m not going to let it rule my life , could get hit by a bus tomorrow , you are a long time dead so bloody live for today as tomorrow not promised to anyone

"Have flown 5x over the last two years , been packed theatres , football grounds ,and madness at the 02 followed by crammed trip home on the London clipper ,still not managed to catch even a cold , not saying it’s not out there , just I’m not going to let it rule my life , could get hit by a bus tomorrow , you are a long time dead so bloody live for today as tomorrow not promised to anyone "
. Couldn’t agree more. Seems pretty clear to me that forums such as this are largely the domain of those who shun real contact with other people and actually view coronavirus as some sort of confirmation that life behind a keyboard behind a sofa with a mask on is the only morally acceptable way to live.

At least it makes it more difficult to hear the repeated drivel coming from the mouths of the converted.

I say yes please. Keep your masks on. Its a shame it doesn't stop their fingers from typing.

I work in health and was lucky enough to evade covid.

My husband and I went to spain in May. No one wore masks on the plane etc. Was home 3 days and tested positive. Both were pretty ill for over 10 days.

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

I still and will continue to wear mask for me well being.

Anyone read the news that over half a million new covid cases in a week have come up.

Only the foolish think it went away.

If folk choose not to wear masks obviously their choice but as happens somebody too close to me with no mask I politely ask them to keep a step back.

By *anddXXXCouple  over a year ago

London

"Have flown 5x over the last two years , been packed theatres , football grounds ,and madness at the 02 followed by crammed trip home on the London clipper ,still not managed to catch even a cold , not saying it’s not out there , just I’m not going to let it rule my life , could get hit by a bus tomorrow , you are a long time dead so bloody live for today as tomorrow not promised to anyone . Couldn’t agree more. Seems pretty clear to me that forums such as this are largely the domain of those who shun real contact with other people and actually view coronavirus as some sort of confirmation that life behind a keyboard behind a sofa with a mask on is the only morally acceptable way to live."

We have a winner. Hit the nail on the head. Might aswell close the "Virus" sub directory now.

Manchester (she/her)

"Have flown 5x over the last two years , been packed theatres , football grounds ,and madness at the 02 followed by crammed trip home on the London clipper ,still not managed to catch even a cold , not saying it’s not out there , just I’m not going to let it rule my life , could get hit by a bus tomorrow , you are a long time dead so bloody live for today as tomorrow not promised to anyone . Couldn’t agree more. Seems pretty clear to me that forums such as this are largely the domain of those who shun real contact with other people and actually view coronavirus as some sort of confirmation that life behind a keyboard behind a sofa with a mask on is the only morally acceptable way to live.

We have a winner. Hit the nail on the head. Might aswell close the "Virus" sub directory now."

If that's the way you feel, maybe the virus section is not a section you'd enjoy visiting?

Yeah, hurrah!

Not!!

You’re damaging your immune system by not getting exposed to fairly harmless every day bugs. If you go years without getting a respiratory illness, or without being exposed to minor viruses and germs, then when you do finally get a respiratory virus (which is inevitable) it’ll totally wipe you out and be more dangerous.

If you're vaccinated, and wearing a N95 mask, you're protected - no matter what others doing. One - way masking works.

Simple

Manchester (she/her)

Hopefully the tolerance of people assessing their own risk and behaving accordingly, along with respect for giving others the space to make their own choices, continues.

Although if this section is only for people cowering behind their sofas, and I was in central London yesterday, then I really am convinced of the MSM conspiracy to hide the truth. Some friggin' lunatic dragging her sofa past Buckingham Palace, cowering, should have made the news, but obviously it didn't.