FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Should this negative thread be shut down

Should this negative thread be shut down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ork Class OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cork

As I say , thoughts on should this Virus thread but shut down and let's move on .

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

The almost weekly thread on this topic

Its still around. Ppl still want to talk about it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As I say , thoughts on should this Virus thread but shut down and let's move on ."

I agree, we just need to suck it up and live with it now.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why? The virus still exists.

If people don't want to talk about it, they can skip the section, surely.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"As I say , thoughts on should this Virus thread but shut down and let's move on .

I agree, we just need to suck it up and live with it now. "

Should that not be in the swingers' chat?

"Why? The virus still exists.

If people don't want to talk about it, they can skip the section, surely. "

So is the common cold and that is a Corrona virus...

Manchester (she/her)

So is the common cold and that is a Corrona virus..."

If you believe that they're of equivalent importance, then you're welcome to live your life accordingly.

If you believe that they're of equivalent importance, then you're welcome to live your life accordingly."

The current Covid variety it gradually diluting itself through it's need to stay alive and mutate to do this, it is getting weaker and will continue to do so. I never actually said they were of equivalent importance, I merely stated a fact. The common cold was once like the current Covid virus...

Manchester (she/her)

If you believe that they're of equivalent importance, then you're welcome to live your life accordingly.

The current Covid variety it gradually diluting itself through it's need to stay alive and mutate to do this, it is getting weaker and will continue to do so. I never actually said they were of equivalent importance, I merely stated a fact. The common cold was once like the current Covid virus..."

If you believe that then more power to you.

The current Covid variety it gradually diluting itself through it's need to stay alive and mutate to do this, it is getting weaker and will continue to do so. I never actually said they were of equivalent importance, I merely stated a fact. The common cold was once like the current Covid virus...

If you believe that then more power to you. "

Fact

Manchester (she/her)

Fact"

Ok, if you say so.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

This section can still be up, but I have noticed that its been very quite the last few weeks, people are doing less threads and talking and less about it.

By *hubby CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Essex

Freedom of speech maybe ?…well within reason, the pandemic has had a diverse range of rippling effects on peoples lives, it will be the talk around town for quite a few years to come.

Fab would be shut down if it's just based on being a minority interest ...

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"As I say , thoughts on should this Virus thread but shut down and let's move on ."

Some people do still want this topic. People still have questions and the virus hasn't gone anywhere.

It's still around and mutating although it's currently getting weaker fingers crossed it stays that way.

If you don't want to look at this thread just ignore it.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I thought I was never coming back in here and boom! Another post turns up

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Please refer back to the previous fifty or so threads on the topic of "shut down the virus section".

If you don't want to read it, then don't read it. Simple as that. Easy peasy.

I'm not interested in the Spain, USA or Canada sections. Do you know how I avoid them bothering me? I just don't look at them. Funnily enough, so far they have never jumped out in front of me, screaming out that they have to be read.

Tell you what though, perhaps the Fab devs could remove all those annoying pop-ups that keep annoyingly popping up telling me to go look at the virus section, they keep interfering when I'm trying to look at boobs. What? There aren't any pop-ups? My god that's very efficient of the devs, they got rid of the pop-ups before I even requested for them to do it. In fact, they got rid of the pop-ups before they even installed them!!

Okay OP, it looks like you've done a good job here, you've got rid of the pop-up adverts for the virus section. Well done. You can sleep soundly tonight, another victory of common senseless over nasty virus

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

YEEEES!

^^^^ Not moved on ...

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

100% yes!!!

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Sure...close it down and then everyone can post virus threads in the Lounge...saves looking two sections. Maybe shut the politics one as well and get that back in the Lounge too.

no if you dont like then dont look .... some of us in our work cant get away from covid as its still very much causing problems ... plus i like to take a peek ..its good theres so many different opinions

plus wait till next winter before we do anything thats the time we will know if its getting weaker or ??????

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The virus isn't over. People may want to talk about trying to keep safe as there are many deaths that are happening every week ( over 2000 last week) They also may want to mention that it isn't like a cold or there wouldn't be that many dead last week.

Or they may want to talk about the many people who are catching covid (173000 recorded on Zoe app) so that they can decide what risks they want to take.

Either way, the section is easily avoided if people don't want to read it

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

The current Covid variety it gradually diluting itself through it's need to stay alive and mutate to do this, it is getting weaker and will continue to do so. I never actually said they were of equivalent importance, I merely stated a fact. The common cold was once like the current Covid virus..."

Hospitals are still filled with people suffering from Covid.

They don't report it any more.

hospitals and social care are jammed packed with covid problems from staff , patient and residents..

but its all ok as no one cares as long as they can live there life .. god help when they need help themselves

Manchester (she/her)

"hospitals and social care are jammed packed with covid problems from staff , patient and residents..

but its all ok as no one cares as long as they can live there life .. god help when they need help themselves"

At the moment most people seem to be confronted by seeing someone wearing a mask, because it might force them to remember that Covid is still a thing. It's myopic.

No, people can choose to avoid this section easily enough.

It'll just mean topics around the virus will pop up in other sections.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Fact

Ok, if you say so."

Don't you know that 'Fact' has to be entirely in capitals in oder to have forum credibility?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Self control, it's still a thing.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Fact

Ok, if you say so.

Don't you know that 'Fact' has to be entirely in capitals in oder to have forum credibility?"

Caps lock is cruise control for cool

Yes no time for negativity

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Fact

Ok, if you say so.

Don't you know that 'Fact' has to be entirely in capitals in oder to have forum credibility?"

It's not a real fact until you use full capitals, set bold text _and_ change the colour to red...

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

I see these posts so often in here and one thing that really fascinates me is that the people who claim to not be interested in anything to do with the still ongoing pandemic or anything to do with the virus still feel the need to come into the virus section (which they could easily scroll on past) and call for its deletion saying it's a waste of time or has no place on a swinging site.

Heres the thing those people seem to forget and would certainly complain more about, if the virus section was removed as you all keep begging for, those of us that want to discuss the current situation still will but it would be in the lounge section which is open discussion from what I see, so you would go from having one section of the forum that you can easily avoid if you so choose, to the same posts being dispersed through out the lounge section pushing other threads down and clogging up your reading.

Would these same people call for the removal of the politics section of the forum aswell because politics has no place on a swinging site either?

This site is meant to be a site for like minded people to chat, discuss the world and get to know other open minded people that are into the same lifestyle, and none of that can be done without lots of discussions covering lots of different topics. The best way to do this is with a well organised forum with seperate categories so that subjects that dont appeal to someone can be skimmed over by avoiding that section of the forum.

nr spalding

"As I say , thoughts on should this Virus thread but shut down and let's move on .

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston"

Self con.... what now? Is that something adults are meant to have

By *hancer666Man  over a year ago

Redbourn

"Fab would be shut down if it's just based on being a minority interest ..."

I'm not sure that would shut fab.com down.

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Self con.... what now? Is that something adults are meant to have "

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston "

Aha I see the problem........

nr spalding

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston "

Lol does that mean I have to be an adult now because I have self control, I have worked hard for the past 43 years not to grow up and now something as simple as self control is going to spoil it all

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Fact"

It’s not a fact at all yes there are some common cold caused by a coronavirus but the most common cause is a rhinovirus

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I agree, we just need to suck it up and live with it now. "

Maybe, but look at the amount of posts in this section.

Do you want them flooding the lounge, or dumped in their own area where you can ignore them?

I know what I'd prefer.

Warwick

What I'd call for rather than shutting down this category, would be to move it down the list.

As the 3rd category it is given way too much priority on a swingers site.

It (and politics) should go to the bottom of the list, and I'd say camping and possibly games, should move further up.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's used and 10% of posts want it moved or shut down, highlighting how people with little interest still visit and contribute.

The problem is not gone

Keep it for those who want it. The rest can ignore it

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Lol does that mean I have to be an adult now because I have self control, I have worked hard for the past 43 years not to grow up and now something as simple as self control is going to spoil it all "

Yup, you're a fully paid up member of Adulting now.

Winston

nr spalding

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Lol does that mean I have to be an adult now because I have self control, I have worked hard for the past 43 years not to grow up and now something as simple as self control is going to spoil it all

Winston "

damn the gods I thought I had got away with it, oh well I suppose I best behave myself now then...... nah sod it I will just have to hide it and pretend it didn't happen, it seems to be working well for some regarding the pandemic

Manchester (she/her)

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Winston "

Can I get a refund?

nr spalding

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Winston

Can I get a refund? "

Oooh now theeres an idea I could do with claiming back a few years I'm not likeing this adulting business, everything aches too much and I am staring to fall apart and it costs to damn much

Warwick

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Winston

Can I get a refund?

Oooh now theeres an idea I could do with claiming back a few years I'm not likeing this adulting business, everything aches too much and I am staring to fall apart and it costs to damn much "

Just occasionally loose all self control, and your Adulting membership will get revoked... maybe.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Winston

Can I get a refund?

Oooh now theeres an idea I could do with claiming back a few years I'm not likeing this adulting business, everything aches too much and I am staring to fall apart and it costs to damn much "

That is because growing up is a trap, setup by Big Pharma and Bill and powered by 5G. You are starting to ache for a reason, to line their pockets. And in other news, the question of how people could have grown up before 5G has been dismissed as nonsense, G-force has always been with us like Bill has. Can anyone remember a time without Bill?

Manchester (she/her)

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Winston

Can I get a refund?

Oooh now theeres an idea I could do with claiming back a few years I'm not likeing this adulting business, everything aches too much and I am staring to fall apart and it costs to damn much

That is because growing up is a trap, setup by Big Pharma and Bill and powered by 5G. You are starting to ache for a reason, to line their pockets. And in other news, the question of how people could have grown up before 5G has been dismissed as nonsense, G-force has always been with us like Bill has. Can anyone remember a time without Bill? "

It's a Conspiracy!

Wake up sheeple!

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston

Grown ups have it.

Winston

Winston

Can I get a refund?

That is because growing up is a trap, setup by Big Pharma and Bill and powered by 5G. You are starting to ache for a reason, to line their pockets. And in other news, the question of how people could have grown up before 5G has been dismissed as nonsense, G-force has always been with us like Bill has. Can anyone remember a time without Bill? "

Damn you Bill!!!!!

*shakes fist at the sky

Winston

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Keep it for the comedy value

Experts, experts everywhere......

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"hospitals and social care are jammed packed with covid problems from staff , patient and residents..

but its all ok as no one cares as long as they can live there life .. god help when they need help themselves

At the moment most people seem to be confronted by seeing someone wearing a mask, because it might force them to remember that Covid is still a thing. It's myopic."

I think that feeling of being confronted is why people want the virus subforum closed down, or moved somewhere less prominent. They don't like being reminded that the pandemic is ongoing, that their decisions have consequences, and that other people are real living beings and not just inconvenient statistics.

Manchester (she/her)

At the moment most people seem to be confronted by seeing someone wearing a mask, because it might force them to remember that Covid is still a thing. It's myopic.

I think that feeling of being confronted is why people want the virus subforum closed down, or moved somewhere less prominent. They don't like being reminded that the pandemic is ongoing, that their decisions have consequences, and that other people are real living beings and not just inconvenient statistics. "

Quite.

Genius solution for anybody who doesn't like this part of the forum: don't read it.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Genius solution for anybody who doesn't like this part of the forum: don't read it."

It's not mandatory?

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

A 5G phone mast is about to be erected in my area, and as I have been triple vaccinated, I am expecting to be notified by Bill Gates or George Soros when the nano-chips that were injected into me, without my permission, are going to be activated ensuring my premature death, as one of the gullible sheeple.

Seriously, the thread will naturally fade away as Covid fades from general public consciousness.

So does flu but no ones talking about that

Manchester (she/her)

So does flu but no ones talking about that "

I've heard more about flu in the last two years than the previous twenty, due to the attempts of people to minimise Covid

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

So does flu but no ones talking about that "

You are !!???

"Genius solution for anybody who doesn't like this part of the forum: don't read it.

It's not mandatory?"

Some people seem to think it is, based on the way they whine about the place existing.

May be let's talk about mental health problems ot is causing bigger killer the then the virus now please move on folks or shut yourself away for the rest of your lifes because it's here to stay

Manchester (she/her)

"May be let's talk about mental health problems ot is causing bigger killer the then the virus now please move on folks or shut yourself away for the rest of your lifes because it's here to stay "

So is cancer. Let's forget that and move on too, hey?

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"The virus isn't over. People may want to talk about trying to keep safe as there are many deaths that are happening every week ( over 2000 last week) They also may want to mention that it isn't like a cold or there wouldn't be that many dead last week.

Or they may want to talk about the many people who are catching covid (173000 recorded on Zoe app) so that they can decide what risks they want to take.

Either way, the section is easily avoided if people don't want to read it"

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

141 recorded as died on Monday...451 recorded as died yesterday, 304 today

It isn't flu

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Or...........

Just don't venture in.

Winston"

But I'm weak and vulnerable and tend to believe everything I read..

I also haven't found another thread that's as hilarious.

For me, keep it going and, like the virus, it will mutate and start discussing other illness once we get bored of Covid.

Nope, your thread's still open.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes, my time is better spent wanking over your photos

By *la87Man  over a year ago

acton

"141 recorded as died on Monday...451 recorded as died yesterday, 304 today

It isn't flu"

A person with the flu is far more at risk of death than a person with COVID. Flu has a 3% death rate and COVID is less than 0.1%

By *cotsman75Man  over a year ago

North fife

Yes it should be shut down. Time to move on.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

It isn't flu

A person with the flu is far more at risk of death than a person with COVID. Flu has a 3% death rate and COVID is less than 0.1%"

They don't your figures are not even remotely true. Give some sources. Covid even now with vaccinations and milder strains is more deadly than flu. It is also many times more infectious.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes it should be shut down. Time to move on. "

You may do so if you wish, no one is stopping you.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

It’s handy to have a ring fenced area for discussion. You can avoid if you want or easily find these topics!

all around

Should the politics section be shut down too ?

Should a swingers site be focussed only on swinging topics ?

Would it make any difference or would politics and Covid just end up being discussed on every thread or should we be censored and controlled ?

Some days I browse both sections for amusement and it's always the same people saying pretty much the same stuff and usually trying to have the last word, so maybe pretend they're all gone and ignore ?

merseyside

"Should the politics section be shut down too ?

Should a swingers site be focussed only on swinging topics ?

Would it make any difference or would politics and Covid just end up being discussed on every thread or should we be censored and controlled ?

Some days I browse both sections for amusement and it's always the same people saying pretty much the same stuff and usually trying to have the last word, so maybe pretend they're all gone and ignore ?

"

Not really bothered either way.

Would be happy if this site lost all the non swinging chats, forums etc.

It isn't flu

A person with the flu is far more at risk of death than a person with COVID. Flu has a 3% death rate and COVID is less than 0.1%"

Not even remotely true.

all around

It isn't flu

A person with the flu is far more at risk of death than a person with COVID. Flu has a 3% death rate and COVID is less than 0.1%

Not even remotely true. "

It's quite true if you massage the figures

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

If everyone who wanted it to shut down stopped commentating on it, surely that would speed up the deletion of it?

It isn't flu

Not even remotely true.

It's quite true if you massage the figures "

That'd have to be the most epic of massages, with the biggest happy ending ever achieved in the history of the world.

Manchester (she/her)

It isn't flu

Not even remotely true.

That'd have to be the most epic of massages, with the biggest happy ending ever achieved in the history of the world."

Is it the kind of massage that promises that it'll cure cancer by giving you happy thoughts?

It isn't flu

Not even remotely true.

That'd have to be the most epic of massages, with the biggest happy ending ever achieved in the history of the world.

Is it the kind of massage that promises that it'll cure cancer by giving you happy thoughts?"

It'd have to be.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

Yes

Manchester (she/her)

It isn't flu

Not even remotely true.

Is it the kind of massage that promises that it'll cure cancer by giving you happy thoughts?

It'd have to be."

Yeah, assumed it'd be the same kind of claptrap

By *cotsman75Man  over a year ago

North fife

"Yes it should be shut down. Time to move on.

You may do so if you wish, no one is stopping you."

Many thanks for being obvious. I twas only answering the ops opening gambit.

Bump.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Bump.

Winston"

By *dventurouscouple4343Couple  over a year ago

KENT / SOUTH EAST

The Amazon river runs for thousands of

miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored.

Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface.

Over thousands of years, small

blind transparent fish have lived and

evolved in these pools.

These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by the human eye.

These fish care more about this than I do.

In my head, "let's close the virus forum threads" look like this...

Poster 1 - I'm going to keep posting on this forum that I don't like, saying how it should be shut down because I don't like it. I'M NOT INTERESTED IN COVID, HOW MANY MORE TIMES HAVE I GOT TO SAY IT ON THE COVID FORUM!!!!!!

Poster 2 - I agree, I've posted on this forum hundreds of times saying I'm not interested either. No one listens.

Poster 3 - I'm with you two. I've posted on every single let's close the virus forum down thread. I don't know how many more dozen times I need to say its of no interest. I've even started 8 of my my own "let's close the virus forum down" threads. Fuck knows how many more threads I have to start saying it's over.....been saying it for a year now.

Poster 4 - you three know you don't have to look or read it don't you.....

Winston

That is a fact, if a virus is not strong enough to decimate the majority of a societies hosts, it will corrspondingly become weaker as the herd immunity develops and strengthens against it. Consequently, it will eventually be no more dangerous than mild viruses such as the common cold.

merseyside

"The Amazon river runs for thousands of

miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored.

Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface.

Over thousands of years, small

blind transparent fish have lived and

evolved in these pools.

These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by the human eye.

These fish care more about this than I do. "

Hahaha, wonderful.

My dear sister died from covid two weeks ago. Keep your masks on… I mean, why not?

Manchester (she/her)

"My dear sister died from covid two weeks ago. Keep your masks on… I mean, why not? "

I'm sorry for your loss.

Yea kind of negates live and let live if censoring is starting. Many people dont want to stop talking about it because for them it isnt over funerals are never nice, but especially when yoy have to choose who can attend etc. Wee bit of heart maybe, if yoy dont want to hear it, dont listen.

Yes please

You take care, dint bother about this shit xxx

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"My dear sister died from covid two weeks ago. Keep your masks on… I mean, why not? "
from or with?

Yes shut down asap

Yes. Shut her down. Stop living in fear. People still running about wearing masks outside. Very sad to see really. That is all.

"My dear sister died from covid two weeks ago. Keep your masks on… I mean, why not?

from or with? "

From. It clearly says in what the chap wrote.

What's your point?

Winston

x

Yes close it .. its depressing n heard n seen enough of it ffsbover last 2 n half years ..

We need to open a new one regarding ..RUSSIA NUCLEAR WAR .. ))))

Yes close it .. its depressing n heard n seen enough of it ffsbover last 2 n half years ..

We need to open a new one regarding ..RUSSIA NUCLEAR WAR .. ))))"

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"My dear sister died from covid two weeks ago. Keep your masks on… I mean, why not? from or with? "

And the award for the most insensitive comment goes to....

Manchester (she/her)

"My dear sister died from covid two weeks ago. Keep your masks on… I mean, why not? from or with? "

Charming

Manchester (she/her)

Then maybe you should avoid the virus section and head to the politics section

Thanks for the kind comments. X

And in todays news, yet more people invade the virus forum to read posts and comment on how much reading the threads depresses them and wish they didn't have to read them.

*advertisement break

*Jaunty voice*

"Heyyyyyyyy, getting depressed by reading the virus forum, then why not stay out of it? Da da dada da da duda a da... ooooooweeeee!"

*gravitas voice*

"This has been a public service presentation from the Get some common sense party. Vote now, you know it makes sense"

Winston

This tread can't be shut down as where else could we find out about all the new variants as they happen? Or how serious all these new variants are. Just because they may not name the new variants anymore doesn't mean there not there? Does it?

By *oudBeSurprisedMan  over a year ago

Fife

No it shouldn't be shut down. You can just choose not to read it. You can move on if you like but you shouldn't expect others to if they don't like.

Where else can people bitch & moan

Manchester (she/her)

"This tread can't be shut down as where else could we find out about all the new variants as they happen? Or how serious all these new variants are. Just because they may not name the new variants anymore doesn't mean there not there? Does it?"

Surely, if you do your own research, these things can be found fairly easily?

merseyside

"This tread can't be shut down as where else could we find out about all the new variants as they happen? Or how serious all these new variants are. Just because they may not name the new variants anymore doesn't mean there not there? Does it?"

I haven't looked around for social media sites with information on virus or medical issues in general but I'm sure there are thousands of places you could go to and find information on all levels from all types of institutions and individuals.

I would probably use a swingers site as the last place to obtain advice on anything apart from stuff to do with...Err swinging.

But each to their own.

Manchester (she/her)

"This tread can't be shut down as where else could we find out about all the new variants as they happen? Or how serious all these new variants are. Just because they may not name the new variants anymore doesn't mean there not there? Does it?

I haven't looked around for social media sites with information on virus or medical issues in general but I'm sure there are thousands of places you could go to and find information on all levels from all types of institutions and individuals.

I would probably use a swingers site as the last place to obtain advice on anything apart from stuff to do with...Err swinging.

But each to their own.

"

Genuine experts have other outlets, generally.

merseyside

"This tread can't be shut down as where else could we find out about all the new variants as they happen? Or how serious all these new variants are. Just because they may not name the new variants anymore doesn't mean there not there? Does it?

But each to their own.

Genuine experts have other outlets, generally. "

Yes, their jobs.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Where else can people bitch & moan "

Oooh how about a new thread...? . "the bitch n moan zone"?

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Big Lies:

This snip on the BBC certainly explains social denial of the facts on a number of topics, especially politics, covid itself and vaccines.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ideas/videos/the-devious-art-of-disinformation/p06dn741

Just needs it's "germ of truth" and a lie becomes the norm.

"Big Lies:

This snip on the BBC certainly explains social denial of the facts on a number of topics, especially politics, covid itself and vaccines.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ideas/videos/the-devious-art-of-disinformation/p06dn741

Just needs it's "germ of truth" and a lie becomes the norm."

Certain people on here should really, really watch this...

Exactly

By *areToShareCouple  over a year ago

Notts

Shall we have a cancer forum thread then? Maybe an alzheimers thread? In fact, why don't we use a swingers site to have a forum based on every illness and disease known to man?

Covid exists you say?.. Great, but so do many other far more life threatening diseases.

Get over it, move on with your life and stop letting it get you down. If the media didn't tell you it was a thing, the world would've been none the wiser.. People would have died same as they always do, the 'flu' rate would have got worse temporarily and there would have been no panic. But, the manipulated masses have bought into the idea of being controlled at whim.. That is far more dangerous!

"Shall we have a cancer forum thread then? Maybe an alzheimers thread? In fact, why don't we use a swingers site to have a forum based on every illness and disease known to man?

Covid exists you say?.. Great, but so do many other far more life threatening diseases.

Get over it, move on with your life and stop letting it get you down. If the media didn't tell you it was a thing, the world would've been none the wiser.. People would have died same as they always do, the 'flu' rate would have got worse temporarily and there would have been no panic. But, the manipulated masses have bought into the idea of being controlled at whim.. That is far more dangerous!

"

do you think people may have become suspicious when millions more than usual died + health services collapsed?

Manchester (she/her)

"Shall we have a cancer forum thread then? Maybe an alzheimers thread? In fact, why don't we use a swingers site to have a forum based on every illness and disease known to man?

"

Thank you for telling me how to live my life. I shall give your suggestion all the consideration it deserves.

merseyside

"

I take your point but very, very much doubt that if Covid had be left to rip without any intervention or vaccine development /implementation the outcome would just have been an increase in influenza numbers and the world, I take it you also include medical institutions, would have been non the wiser.

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

yes , and any repeats, its boring and taking up server space.

"yes , and any repeats, its boring and taking up server space. "

Thanks for bumping the thread

"

Yet here you are in the Virus forum reading the threads.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"

The Government told us it was a thing, via the media.

"yes , and any repeats, its boring and taking up server space. "

Every thread post takes up server space.

How do you know its boring unless you read the threads and posts?

Winston

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

Yet here you are in the Virus forum reading the threads. "

Well said that lady

By *ony51963Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Please refer back to the previous fifty or so threads on the topic of "shut down the virus section".

If you don't want to read it, then don't read it. Simple as that. Easy peasy.

I'm not interested in the Spain, USA or Canada sections. Do you know how I avoid them bothering me? I just don't look at them. Funnily enough, so far they have never jumped out in front of me, screaming out that they have to be read.

Tell you what though, perhaps the Fab devs could remove all those annoying pop-ups that keep annoyingly popping up telling me to go look at the virus section, they keep interfering when I'm trying to look at boobs. What? There aren't any pop-ups? My god that's very efficient of the devs, they got rid of the pop-ups before I even requested for them to do it. In fact, they got rid of the pop-ups before they even installed them!!

Okay OP, it looks like you've done a good job here, you've got rid of the pop-up adverts for the virus section. Well done. You can sleep soundly tonight, another victory of common senseless over nasty virus "

genius, sheer genius..

By *areToShareCouple  over a year ago

Notts

Yep, and I have no issue with reading other people's views and comments. After all, that's the whole point of the forums. By the same token, it allows me to convey my own opinions.

Thread about a virus on a swinging site, has about as much relevance and appeal as finding festering pustules on the genitals of a person you're about to get jiggy with.

But hey, anyone still suffering from long-plague, long-ebola, long dysentry? No?... Just covid then.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yep, and I have no issue with reading other people's views and comments. After all, that's the whole point of the forums. By the same token, it allows me to convey my own opinions.

Thread about a virus on a swinging site, has about as much relevance and appeal as finding festering pustules on the genitals of a person you're about to get jiggy with.

But hey, anyone still suffering from long-plague, long-ebola, long dysentry? No?... Just covid then.

"

You're entitled to your preferences, although why you'd post in a section you deem irrelevant and unappealing is beyond me.

"Yep, and I have no issue with reading other people's views and comments. After all, that's the whole point of the forums. By the same token, it allows me to convey my own opinions.

"

"Thread about a virus on a swinging site, has about as much relevance and appeal as finding festering pustules on the genitals of a person you're about to get jiggy with"

And yet here you are posting, over and over again.

It's weird. Really weird.

I've no interest in games, camping or bikes. For some bizarre reason I spend fuck all time in those threads moaning about how irrelevant they are to swinging and how they bore the tits off me.

I mean, you know....... self control. Grown up stuff.

Winston

By *ixi n DogCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

If it got removed all these threads would start popping up all over the forum. Keep it as long as people are wanting to make posts about it.

Close it.

"Close it. "

Why close it?

Winston

"Close it. "

Nah, keep all the Covid obsessed talk in here otherwise it will infest the rest of the forum and no one wants that

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I would like it to stay

"Close it.

Nah, keep all the Covid obsessed talk in here otherwise it will infest the rest of the forum and no one wants that "

This

merseyside

Oh, is it concerning Covid..

Silly me...

Thought it was a virus forum for toxic posts.

By *inky man 64Man  over a year ago

North hampshire

No, for the simple reason, if you shut this down, then other forums on here on here will be flooded with covid related posts .better to keep them all in one place

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I would like it to stay "

Me too Babs. X

Power to the people.....

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

If the virus thread was closed down the Lounge would be full of Monkeypox

"If the virus thread was closed down the Lounge would be full of Monkeypox"

It's spreading.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The residue of Covid, its variants, will be evident in human society forever.

The peak has passed, but long-Covid will adversely affect many people's health for decades to come

Immunity to variants will slowly increase, and public health authorities will monitor this progress

Frankly, I had a really debilitating dose of Covid with some lingering effect

Mercifully, I managed to survive unlike many others who didn't, millions of others, whose relatives are devastated by their loss.

Discussion about Covid is beneficial, even though some conspiracy theorists still parrot the idiotic unsubstantiated theories, that have no logical or epidemiological foundation

By *aked2sumCouple  over a year ago

on the coast

Shut it down and forget about covid ffs it will lockdown for monkey pox next

Manchester (she/her)

"The residue of Covid, its variants, will be evident in human society forever.

The peak has passed, but long-Covid will adversely affect many people's health for decades to come

Immunity to variants will slowly increase, and public health authorities will monitor this progress

Frankly, I had a really debilitating dose of Covid with some lingering effect

Mercifully, I managed to survive unlike many others who didn't, millions of others, whose relatives are devastated by their loss.

Discussion about Covid is beneficial, even though some conspiracy theorists still parrot the idiotic unsubstantiated theories, that have no logical or epidemiological foundation"

I'm sorry you were unwell and it lingered

I agree c19 is here to stay unfortunately

But the people who complain about it

Are you the type that watches a TV program that you don't like an complain about?

There's a choice turn it over to a different channel or turn it off

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I’m against censorship of any kind . However boring this subject maybe to many, surely the civilised thing to do if your not interested / or don’t like/ agree is turn it off / change Channel/ don’t look or walk away. Everyone has a right to an opinion, and a right to voice it to those who want to hear it . However they don’t have a right to force their opinion onto others.

Wow that was far too deep for this early on a Sunday ( yawn)

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

Those moaning saying shut it down why shut it down people are still affected by it just because some saying move on no one is forcing you to read aby sections on any forum topics.

Jog on read another topic.

maybe change it into a health section where all thing health wise can be discussed including virus's flu and all other health related things

Still

More interesting than the “rate my profile”

“What am I doing wrong” “why do I get no likes” posts on the forum.

By *aughtycp1Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

It's way too political for me. I prefer the swinging section. Happily shut it down

"Keep it for the comedy value

Experts, experts everywhere......"

"It's way too political for me. I prefer the swinging section. Happily shut it down "

I can help with a simple solution. Stick to the swinging section. Sorted.

How about a conspiracy thread ?

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"Still

More interesting than the “rate my profile”

“What am I doing wrong” “why do I get no likes” posts on the forum. "

Really?

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

Actually I think you'll find it is minority based. There's more people not on Fab than are on it this making it a minority

One very useful side effect of the virus threads on many forms of social media is that it makes it really easy to point out the antivaxxers we want absolutely nothing to do with.

There are several people we have cut contact with over this. Medical issues mean we have to be careful, and anyone who cant understand that or tries to use pseudoscience to convince us what several specialists have told us is wrong, can quite simply fuck right off.

No keep it open its handy to see who the nut jobs are. Oh and there are plenty in here

Manchester (she/her)

"No keep it open its handy to see who the nut jobs are. Oh and there are plenty in here"

What about the monkey pox?

By *TDHGentMan  over a year ago

Worcs

[Removed by poster at 11/06/22 03:21:13]

Worcs

"No keep it open its handy to see who the nut jobs are. Oh and there are plenty in here"

Whose worse? Someone ignorant with their head permanently ensconced up their chuffs or people who critically think?

Worcs

The thing is the powers that be are pushing for transhumanism and taking the gene editing Vax means that those taken it are no longer classed as human! Do such still have human rights? Legally has this been slugged out by the UN and their human rights? Just a thought!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The thing is the powers that be are pushing for transhumanism and taking the gene editing Vax means that those taken it are no longer classed as human! Do such still have human rights? Legally has this been slugged out by the UN and their human rights? Just a thought! "

It is hilarious that people are STUPID enough to believe that you can edit the genetic code with an injection. Shame it's not true though, imagine being able to CURE thousands of genetic conditions with a single jab... that's some science fiction that we need to come true one day.

Cal

Manchester (she/her)

"No keep it open its handy to see who the nut jobs are. Oh and there are plenty in here

Whose worse? Someone ignorant with their head permanently ensconced up their chuffs or people who critically think? "

That's... not what critical thinking means

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"The thing is the powers that be are pushing for transhumanism and taking the gene editing Vax means that those taken it are no longer classed as human! Do such still have human rights? Legally has this been slugged out by the UN and their human rights? Just a thought!

It is hilarious that people are STUPID enough to believe that you can edit the genetic code with an injection. Shame it's not true though, imagine being able to CURE thousands of genetic conditions with a single jab... that's some science fiction that we need to come true one day.

Cal"

I'm not disagreeing with you but do you have the scientific knowledge and background to actually say that it can't?

Many things years ago were science fiction but then became science fact.

Perhaps question the ability of such a thing but to call people STUPID is like saying (prior to 1960's) that people would be STUPID saying that someone will walk on the moon.

However, your background may be such as you're a DNA expert and you've a wealth of knowledge and if you have, can you quote your degree status and what level or research you've progressed in.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"The thing is the powers that be are pushing for transhumanism and taking the gene editing Vax means that those taken it are no longer classed as human! Do such still have human rights? Legally has this been slugged out by the UN and their human rights? Just a thought! "

Are you able to back any of your comments above with hard facts? Or is it something you watched on YouTube?

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Whether or not the virus is currently a real threat or not is actually pretty irrelevant.

For a start it's something that we all went through together so it is a massive point of common interest.

Secondly. Many of us suffered and continue to be affected by Long Covid. So it's a place to discuss, share experiences and feel validated.

Thirdly this was an incredibly traumatic experience for a lot of people. This forum is a safe place to vent some of the anger, frustration, and emotional pain that many still carry.

Lastly, the pandemic isn't actually over yet. And the next mutation might actually go in wrong direction...

If the forum upsets or triggers you though, then it's very easily solved. Just ignore it and look at the other forums instead

"The thing is the powers that be are pushing for transhumanism and taking the gene editing Vax means that those taken it are no longer classed as human! Do such still have human rights? Legally has this been slugged out by the UN and their human rights? Just a thought!

Cal"

I don't think you need any scientific knowledge and background to actually say that it can't currently be done because....... it's not being done. Some facts speak plainly for themselves.

Can, being the operative word there.

Who knows what the future will bring. We can live in hope eh?

Winston

"Whether or not the virus is currently a real threat or not is actually pretty irrelevant.

For a start it's something that we all went through together so it is a massive point of common interest.

Secondly. Many of us suffered and continue to be affected by Long Covid. So it's a place to discuss, share experiences and feel validated.

Thirdly this was an incredibly traumatic experience for a lot of people. This forum is a safe place to vent some of the anger, frustration, and emotional pain that many still carry.

Lastly, the pandemic isn't actually over yet. And the next mutation might actually go in wrong direction...

If the forum upsets or triggers you though, then it's very easily solved. Just ignore it and look at the other forums instead "

Wise words.

I don't understand why people get upset about something they don't have to read. No one puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to read threads on the virus forum.

I don't read posts in the camping, games or biking forums. I can't imagine anyone going into them and demanding they be closed down with the same level of toxicity that you see here.

Maybe there aren't so many conspiracy theories about how to lube up a bike chain or how much money "tents are us" make from selling wigwams......

Humans. We're a funny old bunch.

Winston

By *isurreyguy2019Man  over a year ago

surrey

Cal

I don't think you need any scientific knowledge and background to actually say that it can't currently be done because....... it's not being done. Some facts speak plainly for themselves.

Can, being the operative word there.

Who knows what the future will bring. We can live in hope eh?

Winston"

Big pharma release a one shot cure all drug? That's the funniest thing I've read so far today

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Whether or not the virus is currently a real threat or not is actually pretty irrelevant.

If the forum upsets or triggers you though, then it's very easily solved. Just ignore it and look at the other forums instead

Wise words.

I don't understand why people get upset about something they don't have to read. No one puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to read threads on the virus forum.

I don't read posts in the camping, games or biking forums. I can't imagine anyone going into them and demanding they be closed down with the same level of toxicity that you see here.

Maybe there aren't so many conspiracy theories about how to lube up a bike chain or how much money "tents are us" make from selling wigwams......

Humans. We're a funny old bunch.

Winston "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It is now..

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Cal

-------

I'm not disagreeing with you but do you have the scientific knowledge and background to actually say that it can't?

Many things years ago were science fiction but then became science fact.

Perhaps question the ability of such a thing but to call people STUPID is like saying (prior to 1960's) that people would be STUPID saying that someone will walk on the moon.

However, your background may be such as you're a DNA expert and you've a wealth of knowledge and if you have, can you quote your degree status and what level or research you've progressed in. "

You don't need a degree in genetics to be able to read scientific papers, I enjoy reading them. Even though there are huge leaps being made in gene therapies, they are still slow, very expensive and limited.

Your analogy about "walking on the moon" is not quite right either. People who said people "ARE" walking on the moon prior to the first moon landing could be called STUPID, but that's completely different to saying that people would be doing it in the future... just like in the future, science will be able to make use of targeted Gene Splicing to create DNA altering drugs. Currently though, to modify the human genome you need to insert the modified DNA fragments directly into the cell nucleus of specific cells.