FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Recommend cough medicine for covid

Recommend cough medicine for covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Has anyone got recommendations for the best cough medicine for the covid cough...

On day 4 and its keeping me awake when the baby is sleeping and its not helping my recovery. Obviously I can't just pop into a pharmacy and ask...

Figured maybe some advice on here..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Guaifenesin

Helps mucus cough relief

By *eptimiusMan  over a year ago

East

Pine needle tea

By *inecrestMan  over a year ago

West Yorks

Covonia.

Why not phone a local pharmacy - they might deliver it to your door.

"Covonia.

Why not phone a local pharmacy - they might deliver it to your door. "

think my brain fog is affecting my reasoning... as that's a great idea x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't recommend cough medicine.

The best thing to do is steam regularly. Just hot water, no need to add vicks etc.

Avoid lying on your back when you sleep and move position regularly.

Phone the Doctor. Too many non qualified experts around

"Phone the Doctor. Too many non qualified experts around"
doctors haven't got time to recommend over the counter remedies. All it suggests any where is cough remedies.. ( which are vast in numbers)

Asking for what people have found actually helped ease their cough

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Pine Needle Tea, Teaspoon of honey (local if possible) warm water couple drops 100% pure essential oil teatree and gargle. If chesty cough steam face over hot water in bowl with teatree (as above) under towel.

"Pine Needle Tea, Teaspoon of honey (local if possible) warm water couple drops 100% pure essential oil teatree and gargle. If chesty cough steam face over hot water in bowl with teatree (as above) under towel. "
my honey is awesome but not local but can't have too much of it x and was always told to avoid any risk of ingesting tea tree oil... ( herbalist mother)

I never really rate cough syrups but Difflam spray helps with the throat pain.

Anything containing dextromethorphan hydrobromide is a cough suppressant, so look for that on the ingredients. Covonia def has it.

Hope you feel better soon x

By *lbert55Man  over a year ago

Ramsgate

Honey and lemon juice helped me , warm , hope you feel better soon

Chester

"Pine Needle Tea, Teaspoon of honey (local if possible) warm water couple drops 100% pure essential oil teatree and gargle. If chesty cough steam face over hot water in bowl with teatree (as above) under towel. my honey is awesome but not local but can't have too much of it x and was always told to avoid any risk of ingesting tea tree oil... ( herbalist mother) "

Only pure 10% essential oil not the cheap B&M stuff that's toxic

By *tartingoutlondonCouple  over a year ago

London

dextromethorphan hydrobromide got me through the first week of sleep depriving cough after covid, then buttercup cough syrup, then just a locket before bed. Took about 2 weeks to go away where I could sleep without needing anything. Get well soon!

"Pine Needle Tea, Teaspoon of honey (local if possible) warm water couple drops 100% pure essential oil teatree and gargle. If chesty cough steam face over hot water in bowl with teatree (as above) under towel. my honey is awesome but not local but can't have too much of it x and was always told to avoid any risk of ingesting tea tree oil... ( herbalist mother)

Only pure 10% essential oil not the cheap B&M stuff that's toxic"

we always had the pure stuff but was told never to risk any ingestion... same with many essential oils

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The columnist Jan Moir recommends badger fat

Chester

"Pine Needle Tea, Teaspoon of honey (local if possible) warm water couple drops 100% pure essential oil teatree and gargle. If chesty cough steam face over hot water in bowl with teatree (as above) under towel. my honey is awesome but not local but can't have too much of it x and was always told to avoid any risk of ingesting tea tree oil... ( herbalist mother)

Only pure 10% essential oil not the cheap B&M stuff that's toxic we always had the pure stuff but was told never to risk any ingestion... same with many essential oils "

Should say 100%

Surprsing the benefits they have

By *ottoncandy42Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Covonia, best cough mixture you can get

By *r G YourflavourMan  over a year ago

Birmingham northside

hydroxychloroquine which in the natural for is grapefruit skins and lemon slow cooked for minimum of 4 hours with water let cool and there you have it best corona destroyer know for the illness

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"hydroxychloroquine which in the natural for is grapefruit skins and lemon slow cooked for minimum of 4 hours with water let cool and there you have it best corona destroyer know for the illness"

2 things hydroxychloroquine has shown to have zero effect on covid. It's also toxic if not taken in recommended doses. And you can't HCQ from lemons or grapefruit. Am an industrial chemist so I 100% certain about the 2nd bit.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Milk. Or milkshake. Worked perfectly

By *ittyTasticCouple  over a year ago

NO LONGER HERE - ADMINS ARE BULLIES

[Removed by poster at 21/05/22 13:32:46]

By *ittyTasticCouple  over a year ago

NO LONGER HERE - ADMINS ARE BULLIES

"Has anyone got recommendations for the best cough medicine for the covid cough...

On day 4 and its keeping me awake when the baby is sleeping and its not helping my recovery. Obviously I can't just pop into a pharmacy and ask...

Figured maybe some advice on here.. "

We have Pholcodine (I think that's how it's spelt) about £3 over counter x

Try a HSG

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Get to the spa/gym for a steam room and sauna- had mine for 4 months and it only started clearing when i did this

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Covonia.

Why not phone a local pharmacy - they might deliver it to your door. think my brain fog is affecting my reasoning... as that's a great idea x "

It might take too long to arrive.

So why not order what the pharmacist recommend via Amazon Prime, if you have it?

Get well soon.

Peterborough

Another tip, I have bronchitis after the cold now and have two remedies that are proven, I tried it on Friday, but not since.

Bounty has coconut, tastes nice and is cheap.Sun tan lotion uses coconut to soothe and moisturise. Two bars should work.

Raw cabbage, but just the white middle piece. Chomp on the middle bits, like a carrot (Ugh), cabbage leaves are anti inflammatory and their leaves have been used since Roman times to ease mastitis. 4 pieces will work.

Cheap and readily available!

Hope it helps.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Chew on some ginger

I feel for you, i am now on week 9 of covid cough! I found not much helps cough mixture wise for me but everyone is different.

I get that annoying cough where it wont cough up, cant swallow it down and your coughing so hard you wet yourself or pass out so fingers crossed you dont have it as bad as that.. and yes im triple vaccined!

By *TMA that man againMan  over a year ago

worester

Jack D...50/50 warm water.....sip slowly. Soothes any cough and helps you to sleep!

Peterborough

Innocent coconut milk, will take the sting out of that horrible cough, I've been supping it today.

Pineapple juice works just as good as anything to stop you from coughing

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

"Has anyone got recommendations for the best cough medicine for the covid cough...

Figured maybe some advice on here.. "

Lemon + Ginger+ Honey- warm drink

Thanks. Luckily the cough seemed to clear quite quickly , well not clear but ease. Its a few times a day now.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"Thanks. Luckily the cough seemed to clear quite quickly , well not clear but ease. Its a few times a day now. "

The best is rum and blackcurrant with some golden syrup

chester

"I feel for you, i am now on week 9 of covid cough! I found not much helps cough mixture wise for me but everyone is different.

I get that annoying cough where it wont cough up, cant swallow it down and your coughing so hard you wet yourself or pass out so fingers crossed you dont have it as bad as that.. and yes im triple vaccined!"

Jabs working well then? Try rum, blackcurrant and a bit of golden syrup

The best cough mixture for a dry cough is Pholcodine linctus (only available from a pharmacy). Not only does it soothe the throat but also suppresses the cough reflex.

"I feel for you, i am now on week 9 of covid cough! I found not much helps cough mixture wise for me but everyone is different.

I get that annoying cough where it wont cough up, cant swallow it down and your coughing so hard you wet yourself or pass out so fingers crossed you dont have it as bad as that.. and yes im triple vaccined!

Jabs working well then? Try rum, blackcurrant and a bit of golden syrup "

Thanks. I didnt get the jabs for my sake but for my elderly grandparents. Less risk of killing them then.. also less hoops to jump through when i travel. Very few vaccine can be 100 percent effective. I dont judge those who dont want it done its up to the individual what makes them feel comfortable in life.

chester

Ah yes the your going to kill granny and you want to go on holiday coersion but you believed that so hey who am I to judge you and your decision I just hope you get well soon and stay well in the future

"Ah yes the your going to kill granny and you want to go on holiday coersion but you believed that so hey who am I to judge you and your decision I just hope you get well soon and stay well in the future "
I've seen first hand how much of a good thing the vaccines have been. And so glad I'd had all mine before I contracted It a 2nd time. Was much milder than the first time.

By *andcar2Couple  over a year ago

Wimbledon

We found airways chewing gum a great help, makes you sneeze but def help us

» Add a new message to this topic