FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Giving blood

Giving blood

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They don’t ask if you are vaccinated or not when giving blood and this if you need blood and are not vaccinated you may receive blood from someone vaccinated, just saying

However they do ask if you have ever been to the south of France, I guess they heard about cap d’agd lol

But always give blood if you can

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Since the vaccine loses its efficacy after a few months it won’t matter if the blood is from someone vaccinated or not.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Technically those against the vaccine will now reject blood

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think the vaccinated against unvaccinated argument has just about ran out of steam.

Personally I didn't have any covid jabs .Still I wouldn't have any problem receiving blood from a vaccinated or unvaccinated person if I needed it.

The flip side to that is I'm a nhs registered organ donor and if somebody was desperately in need of one of my vital organs. I can't see them having a big problem with me being unvaccinated.

I tried to give them blood once but they said it had to be your own.....

They don’t ask for any vaccine record when I give blood, just check for hiv, syphalis and iron content

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I would love to but unfortunatly i will never be able to as ive had blood cancer even though im all clear and been discharged. I have asked several people including my consultant but they all said no which is fair enough.

T

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"I tried to give them blood once but they said it had to be your own..... "
All fun and games til you turn up with a bucket full and then it just question after question...

Just interesting thought as there is such a divide, however with there being so many unknowns about the rna vaccine, efficacy and long term effect and lack of. But also if your in a position where you need blood, but don’t want this covid vaccine is interesting debate.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

I'm sure if you really need blood, the last thing on your mind will be the vaccination status of the donated.

By *he FAB Social - MCRCouple (FF)  over a year ago

manchester

"Just interesting thought as there is such a divide, however with there being so many unknowns about the rna vaccine, efficacy and long term effect and lack of. But also if your in a position where you need blood, but don’t want this covid vaccine is interesting debate. "

From donor to recipient there’s so much cleansing, testing, more cleansing…

It’s a ridiculous debate if one were to start

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Why would anyone care if they are vaccinated or not and take blood or have blood.

I'm unvaccinated, I couldn't care less about if the person has had a vaccine.

People are just becoming weird and dividing the population into two groups or unvaccinated and vaccinated who don't want to mix with each other. It's pure discrimination and racist. Anyone who has this opinion should seriously seek mental help and consider yourself racist.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Technically those against the vaccine will now reject blood "

Yes, actually, that is apparently a thing

Can’t give as I have had transfusion I believe

Yeah they asked all kinds of questions. Why is it in a bottle, where did you get it, what species is it?

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Technically those against the vaccine will now reject blood

Yes, actually, that is apparently a thing "

Great way to thin out the gene pool from the stupid gene though

Well we have to define who are the stupid ones……

I think those against vaccine have a right to be against it for what ever reason they like, the same way that people who take the vaccine have the same right to chose to have it To feel protected.

Both have their merits and elements of stupidity, not one person in this whole forum can say they have never done anything that has never risked their lives - but everything we do is a risk assessment . Risk is measured on experience and knowledge.it’s there where we risk asses differently. Those who think they know everything are usually the stupid ones… same as those who can’t debate and accept other views …. Stupid is everywhere and can’t never be fixed hahaha

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"Well we have to define who are the stupid ones……

I think those against vaccine have a right to be against it for what ever reason they like, the same way that people who take the vaccine have the same right to chose to have it To feel protected.

Both have their merits and elements of stupidity, not one person in this whole forum can say they have never done anything that has never risked their lives - but everything we do is a risk assessment . Risk is measured on experience and knowledge.it’s there where we risk asses differently. Those who think they know everything are usually the stupid ones… same as those who can’t debate and accept other views …. Stupid is everywhere and can’t never be fixed hahaha "

Very well put

"Why would anyone care if they are vaccinated or not and take blood or have blood.

People are just becoming weird and dividing the population into two groups or unvaccinated and vaccinated who don't want to mix with each other. It's pure discrimination and racist. Anyone who has this opinion should seriously seek mental help and consider yourself racist.

"

Explain because maybe I am stupid - but I don’t understand where the discrimination and racisms come into play here. What opinion are you referring to that would make some racist???

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Why would anyone care if they are vaccinated or not and take blood or have blood.

Explain because maybe I am stupid - but I don’t understand where the discrimination and racisms come into play here. What opinion are you referring to that would make some racist??? "

Dare I ask why you posed the question ?

What relevance do you think being vaccinated or unvaccinated has to donating blood ?

I can't recall ever being asked if I'd been to the south of France or any other region

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

If I'm in a situation where I need blood I really don't care if its from someone who's vaccinated or not.

All I know is, I need blood.

I doubt that anyone could possibly know whether it's was vaccinated blood or not.

Bloods not like a tin of soup where the ingredients are on the side FFS.

If someone refuses a transfusion on religious grounds I'm ok with that.

If you don't want it because it's from someone who's been vaccinated, you're all kinds of whackadoodle...

Winston

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"They don’t ask if you are vaccinated or not when giving blood and this if you need blood and are not vaccinated you may receive blood from someone vaccinated, just saying

However they do ask if you have ever been to the south of France, I guess they heard about cap d’agd lol

But always give blood if you can "

I don’t recall being asked about the south of France this week when I gave blood they are interested in South America and ask about haemorrhagic fever and zika

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I think the vaccinated against unvaccinated argument has just about ran out of steam.

Personally I didn't have any covid jabs .Still I wouldn't have any problem receiving blood from a vaccinated or unvaccinated person if I needed it.

The flip side to that is I'm a nhs registered organ donor and if somebody was desperately in need of one of my vital organs. I can't see them having a big problem with me being unvaccinated."

I guess it would only matter if you died of covid related organ failure. Otherwise they will do the normal tests and make a decision.

Explain because maybe I am stupid - but I don’t understand where the discrimination and racisms come into play here. What opinion are you referring to that would make some racist???

Dare I ask why you posed the question ?

What relevance do you think being vaccinated or unvaccinated has to donating blood ?

I can't recall ever being asked if I'd been to the south of France or any other region "

We travel extensively and have to say where we had been in the last two years, and France came up as one of the 15 countries, was asked which part of France, and she names some regions that they were cautious about,

So what relevance ….. its a very opinionated topic in general. No one has posted a thread on this. Given that people are divided by wanting or not wanting the vaccine, how would people feel when given a scenario that would force a hard choice like this and maybe not even thought about….

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

That is if they get the option, if you are bleeding out after an operation or injury the last thing on your mind will be don't give me vaccinated blood.

What ever next, I don't want to accept that life saving kidney as it came from a vaccinated person.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"Can’t give as I have had transfusion I believe "

I’m the same. I’ve had two transfusions so can’t give blood as one was in the 80’s when CJD was the issue. Second was in the 90’s.

Farnworth

"I think the vaccinated against unvaccinated argument has just about ran out of steam.

The flip side to that is I'm a nhs registered organ donor and if somebody was desperately in need of one of my vital organs. I can't see them having a big problem with me being unvaccinated.

I guess it would only matter if you died of covid related organ failure. Otherwise they will do the normal tests and make a decision. "

So exactly how many people have died with multiple organ failure contracting covid. Certified figures please

"Technically those against the vaccine will now reject blood

That is if they get the option, if you are bleeding out after an operation or injury the last thing on your mind will be don't give me vaccinated blood.

What ever next, I don't want to accept that life saving kidney as it came from a vaccinated person."

But when you see how passionate people are from both sides of this c19 no doubt there people who will think in unusual ways, I’m just posing the question and thought. Seems people even get angry at that….. lol

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I guess it would only matter if you died of covid related organ failure. Otherwise they will do the normal tests and make a decision.

So exactly how many people have died with multiple organ failure contracting covid. Certified figures please"

Purely from organ failure those figures are not available. But since organ failure is how covid generally kills, even if organ damage causes a heart attack, we can probably say most of the covid deaths are from at least one organ failure. Have a practical experience my cousin got covid a couple of months into the pandemic. Nearly died ventilated for 3 weeks. Damaged his lungs liver and kidneys. Kidney were the worst he couldn't walk for 7 months and even now he will never probably work again. He was in his late 30s no co morbidity.

No one worry about not being able to give blood. But those who can should. I was lucky to receive blood back in the 1970s. Once old enough I started giving. It's a bit addictive. I can understand why bleeding was once a treatment. I've clocked up I've 300 donations. I just hope at least one of those helped someone.

How is any of this a source of amusement. Grow tf up.

manchester

"No one worry about not being able to give blood. But those who can should. I was lucky to receive blood back in the 1970s. Once old enough I started giving. It's a bit addictive. I can understand why bleeding was once a treatment. I've clocked up I've 300 donations. I just hope at least one of those helped someone."

If you’ve received a blood transfusion you can’t be a donor, how come you can?

"If you’ve received a blood transfusion you can’t be a donor, how come you can? "

There was a cut off and I'm okay apparently

"No one worry about not being able to give blood. But those who can should. I was lucky to receive blood back in the 1970s. Once old enough I started giving. It's a bit addictive. I can understand why bleeding was once a treatment. I've clocked up I've 300 donations. I just hope at least one of those helped someone.

If you’ve received a blood transfusion you can’t be a donor, how come you can? "

This is why I’m not allowed to give blood

manchester

"No one worry about not being able to give blood. But those who can should. I was lucky to receive blood back in the 1970s. Once old enough I started giving. It's a bit addictive. I can understand why bleeding was once a treatment. I've clocked up I've 300 donations. I just hope at least one of those helped someone.

If you’ve received a blood transfusion you can’t be a donor, how come you can?

This is why I’m not allowed to give blood "

Me either ….. weird!

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"I tried to give them blood once but they said it had to be your own..... All fun and games til you turn up with a bucket full and then it just question after question..."

Dexter!

Norfolk

If you’ve received a blood transfusion you can’t be a donor, how come you can? "

If you’ve had a transfusion since 1st January 1980 you can’t if it was before that then you can

M

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

So exactly how many people have died with multiple organ failure contracting covid. Certified figures please"

Have a read of these ... I am not going to bother counting numbers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7533045/

https://evidence.nihr.ac.uk/alert/organ-damage-more-likely-after-covid-hospital-discharge/

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04399603

I needed blood after giving birth, I'd have died without it. I wouldn't have given two hoots if it was vaccinated or unvaccinated.

By *aughty in TamworthMan  over a year ago

Tamworth

I gave blood regularly until COVID then they asked me to donate plasma as I had high antibodies,

i still do it now once a fortnight however it's not used for COVID reasons now

Farnworth

So exactly how many people have died with multiple organ failure contracting covid. Certified figures please

Purely from organ failure those figures are not available. But since organ failure is how covid generally kills, even if organ damage causes a heart attack, we can probably say most of the covid deaths are from at least one organ failure. Have a practical experience my cousin got covid a couple of months into the pandemic. Nearly died ventilated for 3 weeks. Damaged his lungs liver and kidneys. Kidney were the worst he couldn't walk for 7 months and even now he will never probably work again. He was in his late 30s no co morbidity."

And can you say how many died because of covid not with covid?

Durham

Purely from organ failure those figures are not available. But since organ failure is how covid generally kills, even if organ damage causes a heart attack, we can probably say most of the covid deaths are from at least one organ failure. Have a practical experience my cousin got covid a couple of months into the pandemic. Nearly died ventilated for 3 weeks. Damaged his lungs liver and kidneys. Kidney were the worst he couldn't walk for 7 months and even now he will never probably work again. He was in his late 30s no co morbidity.

And can you say how many died because of covid not with covid?"

You can say the same with cancer. People rarely die cancer they die of something else brought on by the cancer.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

[Removed by poster at 23/05/22 17:35:59]

Reading

And can you say how many died because of covid not with covid?

You can say the same with cancer. People rarely die cancer they die of something else brought on by the cancer."

Utter rubbish and hugely insulting to cancer patients.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My husband died of stomach cancer. It was never suggested that he died of anything else.

The fact that people would re-consider a blood transfusion based on whether the donor is vaccinated is so strange to me

Unless you have a long term condition/disease if you need a transfusion it's usually a life threatening emergency, and you're uming and ahing about the blood you're about to recieve???

Reading

"My husband died of stomach cancer. It was never suggested that he died of anything else."

So sorry to read that. The poster above who claimed otherwise should hang their head in shame at their crass comment. I’ve got through two bouts of cancer, without treatment it would have been cancer that killed me, nothing else.

"My husband died of stomach cancer. It was never suggested that he died of anything else."

I don't work in healthcare but I come into contact with alot of people with cancer in my job.

I'm so sorry to read this

The fact that people are comparing covid to cancer is so mind boggling to me because while yes covid can be fatal to certain people it's no where near cancer, not even close

Reading

"My husband died of stomach cancer. It was never suggested that he died of anything else.

I don't work in healthcare but I come into contact with alot of people with cancer in my job.

I'm so sorry to read this

The fact that people are comparing covid to cancer is so mind boggling to me because while yes covid can be fatal to certain people it's no where near cancer, not even close "

well said

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

last time i gave blood they said theres to much Carling in it.......

The only people who refuse blood is Jehovah Witnesses

I can’t give it and I can’t remember the reason why

"The fact that people would re-consider a blood transfusion based on whether the donor is vaccinated is so strange to me

Unless you have a long term condition/disease if you need a transfusion it's usually a life threatening emergency, and you're uming and ahing about the blood you're about to recieve???"

How would you know? All donated blood is anonymous

Norfolk

"The fact that people would re-consider a blood transfusion based on whether the donor is vaccinated is so strange to me

Unless you have a long term condition/disease if you need a transfusion it's usually a life threatening emergency, and you're uming and ahing about the blood you're about to recieve???

How would you know? All donated blood is anonymous "

Technically it isn’t as all blood can be traced back to the donor however the person receiving it will not know who it came from

How would you know? All donated blood is anonymous "

It is and it isn't

All blood is traceable via the blood bank and if it was needed it could be traced back to the individual person using the reference number on the bag it's attached to

However the person recieveing the blood wouldn't have access to any information about the person who donated it and I think (I may be wrong) blood bank can refuse to give that information out should the person who received it contacted them and asked about the donor

How would you know? All donated blood is anonymous

Technically it isn’t as all blood can be traced back to the donor however the person receiving it will not know who it came from "

Yeah exactly!

But why would a person recieveing it want information about the donor

Thankfully I've never been in this situation to need a transfusion and neither have I donated but I think it I was in desperate need of someone else blood and someone was kind enough to donate it for someone like me to use all I would need to know is that person is a kind and caring human being.

Vaccination status and anything else wouldn't matter!

Durham

"My husband died of stomach cancer. It was never suggested that he died of anything else.

So sorry to read that. The poster above who claimed otherwise should hang their head in shame at their crass comment. I’ve got through two bouts of cancer, without treatment it would have been cancer that killed me, nothing else. "

I am not being crass or uncaring about cancer suffers. I was replying to a ridiculous statement about dying with covid or dying of covid. The simple fact and sad fact that on a death certificate it will state the cause of death it will likely say heart attack etc, with cancer and other comorbities too. Now of course someone has died because of cancer just like of course it's covid.

Apparently its bad form to fetch it to the donation center in a milk bottle too.

I mean, i cleaned it out properly and everything. Just cant please some people....

» Add a new message to this topic