FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Monkey pox

Monkey pox

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Be warned only a matter of time before the dreaded monkey pox arrives in Ireland, majority of cases have been in the gay community, a sauna in Madrid was. Hot-spot and have been numerous cases in the UK amongst gay/bí men, it causes nasty lesions that turn black and apparently 1 in 4 who contract it will die, Stay safe folks

Ps eating a few bananas will always the monkey off your back

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

"

Be warned only a matter of time before the dreaded monkey pox arrives in Ireland, majority of cases have been in the gay community, a sauna in Madrid was. Hot-spot and have been numerous cases in the UK amongst gay/bí men, it causes nasty lesions that turn black and apparently 1 in 4 who contract it will die, Stay safe folks

Ps eating a few bananas will always the monkey off your back "

My understanding is

There is no asymptomatic transmission: so if you have vesicles you have it otherwise You can’t pass it on .

It’s not sexual transmission as such . It’s skin transmission . So spending a lot of time on someone’s skin is how it’s transmitted

But this is an early report which I saw on the RTE website . Things could change

By *heFoxersCouple  over a year ago

FoxTown

I don't think it's helpful singling out 1 group or another read the science as to the transmission

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Boo! Be scared! It's coming! Get vaccinated quick!

Btw fatality rate with this West Africa version is less than 1% and not 25% like stated in the op.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Generally, monkeypox cases are mild and people tend to recover within weeks. But the death rate varies, depending on the type. The ECDC has said that the west African clade, the type so far seen in Europe, has a case fatality rate of around 3.6%

A lot less than 25%

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Generally there is around a 1% fatalaty rate with monkeypox.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

I can't keep up,we are all either biologists or forgein policy experts...or political experts....

I can't do all of them...I'm shit at multitasking...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The pictures of it look nasty, worse than chickenpox, id say its an awful dose.

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Fatality is only one extreme measure anyway . I don’t want to get it regardless of whether it kills me or not . Doesn’t look particularly pleasant

» Add a new message to this topic