FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Monkey pox

Monkey pox

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs "

Wtf!! Is it!! I’ve not see that!

"Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs

Wtf!! Is it!! I’ve not see that! "

honestly it looks like a bad dose of chicken pox tbh

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

The community transmission is largely centred in urban areas and we are predominantly seeing it in individuals who self-identify as gay or bisexual or other men who have sex with men.

Thats the facts ...its not bs

20 men in Madrid I believe caught it in a gay sauna

"The community transmission is largely centred in urban areas and we are predominantly seeing it in individuals who self-identify as gay or bisexual or other men who have sex with men.

20 men in Madrid I believe caught it in a gay sauna "

hey if you were in a car with three people that had covid same chance of contracting the virus it’s a contact virus it should not be blamed on any person of any sexual orientation that’s all

Sorry you didn’t get your McDonald’s this morning man

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The community transmission is largely centred in urban areas and we are predominantly seeing it in individuals who self-identify as gay or bisexual or other men who have sex with men.

20 men in Madrid I believe caught it in a gay sauna hey if you were in a car with three people that had covid same chance of contracting the virus it’s a contact virus it should not be blamed on any person of any sexual orientation that’s all "

Here we go, creating another conspiracy theory!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

It's just another virus that is circulating in society; it doesn't like anything to be overly concerned about.

Populist media will blow it out of proportion as usual; more serious media will have a more balanced proportionate response.

20 men in Madrid I believe caught it in a gay sauna hey if you were in a car with three people that had covid same chance of contracting the virus it’s a contact virus it should not be blamed on any person of any sexual orientation that’s all

Here we go, creating another conspiracy theory!"

that’s what I’m asking but to try and say people of any sexual orientations are spreading it don’t think that’s fair

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

20 men in Madrid I believe caught it in a gay sauna hey if you were in a car with three people that had covid same chance of contracting the virus it’s a contact virus it should not be blamed on any person of any sexual orientation that’s all "

I'm not blaming them...its just the facts so far

Its seems to have spread from 2 seperate festivals in Belgium and Spain via sexual transmission

20 men in Madrid I believe caught it in a gay sauna hey if you were in a car with three people that had covid same chance of contracting the virus it’s a contact virus it should not be blamed on any person of any sexual orientation that’s all

I'm not blaming them...its just the facts so far

Its seems to have spread from 2 seperate festivals in Belgium and Spain via sexual transmission

"

I’m not suggesting your blaming THEM but it is a contact virus same as we have been through for the last few years do you not think the people that are working to treat the people that contract this virus are not the line of fire again

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

Are we really gonna start demonising gay and bi men again? I’ve seen this all before and the backlash they faced.

The bots will soon be on here extolling the virtues and morality of big pharma. Its hilarious how they try to make us believe that these global vampire squid like companies exist for the good of humanity.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The bots will soon be on here extolling the virtues and morality of big pharma. Its hilarious how they try to make us believe that these global vampire squid like companies exist for the good of humanity. "

It's interesting how you give a personality to these corporations. In reality, there are many people who work in these companies who are devoted to the treatment and cure of disease, and many others who are only interested in making money. The companies can only survive with both of these types of people, the "Money Men" are making it possible for the science to happen.

Obviously if there were state owned drugs companies then that would be a different situation, but that's not where we are.

Cal

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

[Removed by poster at 24/05/22 07:32:24]

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"The bots will soon be on here extolling the virtues and morality of big pharma. Its hilarious how they try to make us believe that these global vampire squid like companies exist for the good of humanity. "

Without them many would not be walking around past their 40’s

"The bots will soon be on here extolling the virtues and morality of big pharma. Its hilarious how they try to make us believe that these global vampire squid like companies exist for the good of humanity.

It's interesting how you give a personality to these corporations. In reality, there are many people who work in these companies who are devoted to the treatment and cure of disease, and many others who are only interested in making money. The companies can only survive with both of these types of people, the "Money Men" are making it possible for the science to happen.

Obviously if there were state owned drugs companies then that would be a different situation, but that's not where we are.

Cal"

Absolutely agree. However the money men are the powerful ones and this is the reason they behave criminaly.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs "

It's not been put out there though is it?all that's said so far is the current outbreak is so far predominantly / majority spread in that community. Isn't it more helpful to be aware of that fact than pretend it is something else?

By *ay40Man  over a year ago

Kinross

Majority of over 50's will already be vaccinated against it in late 60's early 70's

Body to body contact or bed linen, if staying in hotel accommodation just make sure bed sheets have been changed

"Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs

It's not been put out there though is it?all that's said so far is the current outbreak is so far predominantly / majority spread in that community. Isn't it more helpful to be aware of that fact than pretend it is something else? "

Ya that would be my thinking too.

Like if the majority of cases was in mid 30s straight white guys I'd like to have been made aware in advance.

However I get the point too because there will always be asshats who see basic facts and twist them as a way of attacking the LGBTQ+ community or any other minority

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

At the moment it is not bs.

They are not attacking gay or bi men they are stating a fact. As it stands at present the majority of people infected are gay and bi men. You can't change facts I'm afraid.

Tin town

They are not attacking gay or bi men they are stating a fact. As it stands at present the majority of people infected are gay and bi men. You can't change facts I'm afraid. "

'If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. '

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

No, not at all and I wasnt it with covid either

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

They are not attacking gay or bi men they are stating a fact. As it stands at present the majority of people infected are gay and bi men. You can't change facts I'm afraid. "

And where do these figures come from ?

Tin town

They are not attacking gay or bi men they are stating a fact. As it stands at present the majority of people infected are gay and bi men. You can't change facts I'm afraid.

"

The WHO, UKHSA, gov.uk, CDC..

COVID - Vast Majority - Bad Cold = Lockdown

Monkey Pox -Vast Majority = Moderate Cold=

New lockdown

=hyper inflation, run on the pound, panic buying

happy 2022 -2023

Tin town

"COVID - Vast Majority - Bad Cold = Lockdown

New lockdown

happy 2022 -2023

"

I haven't seen any mention of locking anything down for monkeypox... Did I miss it?

No mention what so ever. But if it happens, you heard it hear first!

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

The virus must have known it was a gay sauna then

Im just waiting for bear bum disease to rear its ugly head

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Im just waiting for bear bum disease to rear its ugly head "

Sounds Grizzly

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/virus/1305777

Farnworth

It's not been put out there though is it?all that's said so far is the current outbreak is so far predominantly / majority spread in that community. Isn't it more helpful to be aware of that fact than pretend it is something else? "

Predominantly is not exclusively. When is someone now going to say that it's from Africa so it must be?

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

More stuff to scare you

Covid was so dangerous everyone needed 3 Jabs 2 boosters

I never took any

2 weeks later.. Adopt a Ukrainian

Govt taking the absolute piss!!!!!

While they party in their office I couldn't attend a friends funeral

Utter scumbags.. Hope they all have a nasty accident..

Tin town

It's not been put out there though is it?all that's said so far is the current outbreak is so far predominantly / majority spread in that community. Isn't it more helpful to be aware of that fact than pretend it is something else?

Predominantly is not exclusively. When is someone now going to say that it's from Africa so it must be?"

True but I've not seen anything anywhere where its being represented as an exclusively gay outbreak. I don't understand the africa comment.

"Im just waiting for bear bum disease to rear its ugly head

Sounds Grizzly"

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Sounds Grizzly"

I thought bare bum was already a disease going by pix on here

Some nice pix!!!

before I get slaughtered haha

By *weetAndSluttyCouple  over a year ago

Burntwood

There are dozens if not, many more of these virus's circulating the UK and abroad all the time. Thats always been the case.

The only difference now is that the world is hyper sensitive due to the COVID impact.

If this was 5 years or more ago, we wouldn't be hearing about Monkeypox other than in a small column in newspapers or online.

People are blowing everything out of proportion and always will from now on out.

Remember, life is for living and having fun

Sounds Grizzly

I thought bare bum was already a disease going by pix on here

Some nice pix!!!

before I get slaughtered haha "

very contagious

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I don't scare easily (wasn't too worried about Covid) but I don't like the look of those pustules, and I'm a picker, so I'd end up badly scarred.

East London

I haven't had Chicken Pox. If I had I would be scarred everywhere.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Here we go, creating another conspiracy theory!"

just scaremongering

By *addyBearTopMan  over a year ago

Dover

Some of us have served in the HM forces. We are NBC trained. C19 was an ariel biological virus. It made no sense to wear face masks or have PVC screens in shops. Because C19 was all around us. It made no difference if you were wearing a mask or had a screen in front of you. People with an underlying health condition and age of 80 plus were septable to C19 resulting in death. The rest of us could have fought it off with natural immunity. The government saw this as an experiment to see how far they could control us. They took our human rights away under emergency acts which were not even legal under the UK's Human Rights law.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"COVID - Vast Majority - Bad Cold = Lockdown

New lockdown

happy 2022 -2023

"

pmsl

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

'If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. '"

are you quoting general melchard

East London

"Some of us have served in the HM forces. We are NBC trained. C19 was an ariel biological virus. It made no sense to wear face masks or have PVC screens in shops. Because C19 was all around us. It made no difference if you were wearing a mask or had a screen in front of you. People with an underlying health condition and age of 80 plus were septable to C19 resulting in death. The rest of us could have fought it off with natural immunity. The government saw this as an experiment to see how far they could control us. They took our human rights away under emergency acts which were not even legal under the UK's Human Rights law."

I thought the idea of masks was to reduce the risk of coughing or sneezing it over someone close to you.

By *akedsunloversCouple  over a year ago

midlands

all the gays at yumbo last week for gay pride are being blamed,their again on the plane back last week some of them where coughing bad too much cock sucking i suppose

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

From Wikipedia:

“Monkey pox is endemic in Africa. It is caused by two groups of viruses – West African (up to 3.6% mortality) and Central African (up to 10% mortality). 2,000 cases per year are known to have occurred between 2011 and 2014 in Central and West Africa.

There were four cases in England in 2018, originating in travellers from Nigeria.

There were three cases in England in 2021, again originating in a traveller from Nigeria.

This year’s first case also came from good old Nigeria, but the origins of many other cases are unknown. Monkey pox can be caught from infected animals – examples have been infected rats and a prairie dog.

It is believed African rodents, such as Gambian pouched rats (Cricetomys gambianus), dormice (Graphiurus spp.) and African squirrels (Heliosciurus, and Funisciurus), serve as the disease reservoir. The use of these animals as food may be an important source of transmission to humans.”

So, the fact that it is spread by any kind of contact means that it is, by definition, another STI, and, of course, another dreaded “gay plague” – just like Covid and the common cold!

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

It is not spread by gay or bi people, it just happens that the person who have been exposed attended an STI clinic. This was solely due to the need for close contact spread need of the virus. No one is scaring anyone apart from the Press... they just need to make a story out of nothing.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

The WHO, UKHSA, gov.uk, CDC.. "

All reputable scorces who have never lied about anything before..... Ohhhh wait

By *ixfootfiveMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

No more vaccines please my arm is like triple 20 on a dart board

Central

"Some of us have served in the HM forces. We are NBC trained. C19 was an ariel biological virus. It made no sense to wear face masks or have PVC screens in shops. Because C19 was all around us. It made no difference if you were wearing a mask or had a screen in front of you. People with an underlying health condition and age of 80 plus were septable to C19 resulting in death. The rest of us could have fought it off with natural immunity. The government saw this as an experiment to see how far they could control us. They took our human rights away under emergency acts which were not even legal under the UK's Human Rights law."

Oh dear

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Oh my, after two years the stupid are still out there

By *he FAB Social - MCRCouple (FF)  over a year ago

manchester

Give your head a wobble….

Pix

By *alia2000Man  over a year ago

Gran canaria

There's no hope for humanity if the sheep/gullibles all for this one.

chester

"There's no hope for humanity if the sheep/gullibles all for this one.

"

And they will sadly

Tin town

I don't get all the hostility and passive aggressive insults. We are all in this together.

"I don't get all the hostility and passive aggressive insults. We are all in this together. "
not everyone, as long as your not gay you can't catch it....... Very much like the aids.

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

The moon is made of cheese too.

Farnworth

Predominantly is not exclusively. When is someone now going to say that it's from Africa so it must be?

True but I've not seen anything anywhere where its being represented as an exclusively gay outbreak. I don't understand the africa comment. "

It's endemic in parts of Africa so it's from Africa. Far more accurate than gay or bi

Leeds

The first human recorded case is in 1970 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

Tin town

True but I've not seen anything anywhere where its being represented as an exclusively gay outbreak. I don't understand the africa comment.

It's endemic in parts of Africa so it's from Africa. Far more accurate than gay or bi "

I'm still not sure what it is you are saying. Are you saying that you think it's more accurate to say this outbreak is being spread by people who have travelled to Africa.?

Ah you have to laugh at the OP for this.

Quick to accuse others of trolling and stirring up stuff on the forum,and yet here they are (or he/she is) doing the exact same thing with this thread.

The fact that they cant even make up their minds as to where they even live too,but bless them,they are from "Cork" after all. .lol.

By *anted by NightMan  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Did you hear that people on Facebook are already freaking out about a monkey pox vaccine?

The think it’ll have a microchimp.

By *ouple for swingCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 28/05/22 15:58:13]

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 28/05/22 15:58:50]

Birmingham

But they will lol

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

"Did you hear that people on Facebook are already freaking out about a monkey pox vaccine?

The think it’ll have a microchimp. "

The same was said about the Covid vaccine.

By *ack 39Man  over a year ago

BELFAST

There's two different types

Of monkey pox the one that slowly spreading is not the pictures the press is showing its got pimples that are red not big boils

By *ork ClassCouple  over a year ago

Cork

I have a dose of donkey pox

By *uffdiverukMan  over a year ago

stockport

Fucking bull shit learn the facts not I believe wot you going say next foot and mouth is caused by sucking on toes .it's part of the family of pox so the likes of cow chicken pox if people learned the facts and not just say wot there hear in the shop or pub you would cause a mass panic

Farnworth

It's endemic in parts of Africa so it's from Africa. Far more accurate than gay or bi

I'm still not sure what it is you are saying. Are you saying that you think it's more accurate to say this outbreak is being spread by people who have travelled to Africa.? "

Well work it out yourself. It's endemic in Africa but not exclusively gay

Farnworth

Fucking bull shit learn the facts not I believe wot you going say next foot and mouth is caused by sucking on toes .it's part of the family of pox so the likes of cow chicken pox if people learned the facts and not just say wot there hear in the shop or pub you would cause a mass panic"

Brilliant

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

People are forgetting about covid, as it is all about the monkeypox now.

Farnworth

"People are forgetting about covid, as it is all about the monkeypox now."

I think you're focusing on a limited amount of threads. Just glance at all the others. Plenty still talking about covid

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

really? Mind how you go out there, mind you don't fall off the edge of the earth xx

Tin town

I'm still not sure what it is you are saying. Are you saying that you think it's more accurate to say this outbreak is being spread by people who have travelled to Africa.?

Well work it out yourself. It's endemic in Africa but not exclusively gay "

Nobody's saying its exclusively gay. Facts are that This outbreak is currently predominantly in that community.

As an example... Portugal has meanwhile registered 74 confirmed cases, health authorities said on Friday, adding that all the occurrences are in men, mainly aged below 40.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

outbreak of the rare monkeypox virus. Since 6 May cases have doubled, and according to the UK Health Security Agency most of the reported 20 infections have been found in men who have sex with men.

Fortunately, the disease is not easily contagious and only spreads by direct physical contact with an infected person. The “close physical contact” can mean transmission via respiratory droplets, contact with broken skin, contaminated bedding or, yes, sexual intercourse.

It should go without saying that infectious diseases do not have sexual, racial or national preferences, and that no disease is a “gay” disease. A virus’s only preference is for bodies without prior immunity that will allow the infectious microbe to invade host cells and replicate. Sadly, what has emerged over the last few weeks is a narrative reminiscent of the early days of HIV in which a sexually transmitted virus was quickly used to stigmatise gay men, among whom the initial cluster of cases was found.

Stigma directed at any given community can have serious consequences on efforts to identify and contain a disease. In the outbreak of HIV, many cases went unreported because gay men internalised feelings of shame when they were blamed for the spread of the disease. There was little public will to tackle the virus until people realised that HIV infected everyone, including heterosexuals, equally.

Seems a bit strange how this has suddenly erupted in the west, when it has had years of immigration from the countries it is endemic too, along with a lot of white on black sex for years. You cannot help but wonder if it was deliberately released in the current geopolitical climate amongst others….

Farnworth

Nobody's saying its exclusively gay. Facts are that This outbreak is currently predominantly in that community.

As an example... Portugal has meanwhile registered 74 confirmed cases, health authorities said on Friday, adding that all the occurrences are in men, mainly aged below 40.

"

One guy said it's a gay disease and it definitely isn't

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Here we go again ?? and no disease/virus is a so called "Gay" it's bloody human disease as that's what we all are ! and any chance to spread hatred ....divide and conquer ....

From what I've read, the transmission started there but the continued spread has nothing to do with lifestyle or sexuality. It could easily have been a spa or a care home and people would be blaming the rich or the elderly. Sadly route 1 is to demonise someone and wait for everyone to grab their pitchforks!

Central

"

Do we know that the majority of new cases here are that? In the early days, it was a trope linking saunas and pride parties. As many posters emphasise, everyone is at risk and I've not seen much information recently.

Tin town

Do we know that the majority of new cases here are that? In the early days, it was a trope linking saunas and pride parties. As many posters emphasise, everyone is at risk and I've not seen much information recently. "

From the gov website as of 2 days ago..

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/monkeypox-cases-confirmed-in-england-latest-updates

"There are currently 3 confirmed cases in Scotland, one in Wales and one in Northern Ireland, taking the UK total to 106.

The risk to the UK population remains low, but we are asking people to be alert to any new rashes or lesions, which would appear like spots, ulcers or blisters, on any part of their body.

Although this advice applies to everyone, the majority of the cases identified to date have been among men who are gay, bisexual and men who have sex with men, so we are asking these people in particular to be aware of the symptoms, particularly if they have recently had a new sexual partner."

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Some of us have served in the HM forces. We are NBC trained. C19 was an ariel biological virus. It made no sense to wear face masks or have PVC screens in shops. Because C19 was all around us. It made no difference if you were wearing a mask or had a screen in front of you. People with an underlying health condition and age of 80 plus were septable to C19 resulting in death. The rest of us could have fought it off with natural immunity. The government saw this as an experiment to see how far they could control us. They took our human rights away under emergency acts which were not even legal under the UK's Human Rights law.

I thought the idea of masks was to reduce the risk of coughing or sneezing it over someone close to you. "

Spot on..

Sometimes, it's best to let people believe the shit they preach and get on with your own life, protecting yourself and the ones you care for.

It becomes hard work and simply not worth wasting time on.

"You can take Muhammad to the Mountain, but you bring the Mountain to Muhammad.."

Interesting program on the World Service at 2am this morning. The definition of a droplet being how the WHO got advice on airborne completely wrong, airborne was obvious from the outset was the main transmission path.

It's just a shame grown up people are brainwashed in to believing such falsehoods.

Longridge

The ones who really love you,

Walk up and down outside the wall

Some hand in hand,

And some gathered together in bands,

The bleeding hearts and the artists

Make their stand,

And when they've given you their all,

Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy,

Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall..

By *yself2021Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

you can get it by just touching a hand rail nothing to do with gay or bi

Tin town

"you can get it by just touching a hand rail nothing to do with gay or bi "

Not sure anyone's saying that. The significant point surely is that it is currently spreading most in that community... Awareness surely helps us.

By *immerman100Man  over a year ago

Never never land

It's caught by close contact NOT by shagging someone

If you are old enough like me the small pox vaccine is supposed to give protection

So it’s not from hairy, chug nutted blokes backside?

Tin town

"So it’s not from hairy, chug nutted blokes backside?"

Probably not the kindest choice of words. 99 percent of cases are male.

This from UKHSA update.

"There are currently 504 confirmed cases in England, 13 in Scotland, 2 in Northern Ireland and 5 in Wales.

Anyone can get monkeypox, particularly if you have had close contact, including sexual contact, with an individual with symptoms. Currently most cases have been in men who are gay, bisexual or have sex with men."

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

i think they are trying to link it to gays so we can expect a spike due to gay pride and festival season - the WHO are using the gay community and despite what they say are very much linking it to the Gays. Complete horse shit but this is what they do to drive more fear and panic. Hopefully people will see through it and it doesn’t take off but they will definitely try to create another pandemic and link it to gays, festivals and young people enjoying themselves .

Tin town

"Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs i think they are trying to link it to gays so we can expect a spike due to gay pride and festival season - the WHO are using the gay community and despite what they say are very much linking it to the Gays. Complete horse shit but this is what they do to drive more fear and panic. Hopefully people will see through it and it doesn’t take off but they will definitely try to create another pandemic and link it to gays, festivals and young people enjoying themselves . "

.. If 151 out of 152 identify as gay or bi so not sure anybody being scared into anything. Just being made aware of where it's spreading at the moment. Which I'd have thought is helpful.

Glasgow

"Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs i think they are trying to link it to gays so we can expect a spike due to gay pride and festival season - the WHO are using the gay community and despite what they say are very much linking it to the Gays. Complete horse shit but this is what they do to drive more fear and panic. Hopefully people will see through it and it doesn’t take off but they will definitely try to create another pandemic and link it to gays, festivals and young people enjoying themselves .

.. If 151 out of 152 identify as gay or bi so not sure anybody being scared into anything. Just being made aware of where it's spreading at the moment. Which I'd have thought is helpful. "

I disagree and wouldn’t believe a word of it ; the Gays are being made scapegoats and stigmatising them with monkeypox is a step too far. The sad thing is people like you and many others like you will swallow this hook, line and sinker . Did you ever ask yourself why now all of a sudden is monkeypox prominent in gays ? Gays have been having sex for years so why now ?

"Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs i think they are trying to link it to gays so we can expect a spike due to gay pride and festival season - the WHO are using the gay community and despite what they say are very much linking it to the Gays. Complete horse shit but this is what they do to drive more fear and panic. Hopefully people will see through it and it doesn’t take off but they will definitely try to create another pandemic and link it to gays, festivals and young people enjoying themselves .

.. If 151 out of 152 identify as gay or bi so not sure anybody being scared into anything. Just being made aware of where it's spreading at the moment. Which I'd have thought is helpful. I disagree and wouldn’t believe a word of it ; the Gays are being made scapegoats and stigmatising them with monkeypox is a step too far. The sad thing is people like you and many others like you will swallow this hook, line and sinker . Did you ever ask yourself why now all of a sudden is monkeypox prominent in gays ? Gays have been having sex for years so why now ? "

Exactly what I have been saying, gay sex has gone on for years and we have a lot of africans too in Europe for many decades, so why now suddenly. It is all a bit suspicious and convenient in the current climate to say the least….

Tin town

.. If 151 out of 152 identify as gay or bi so not sure anybody being scared into anything. Just being made aware of where it's spreading at the moment. Which I'd have thought is helpful. I disagree and wouldn’t believe a word of it ; the Gays are being made scapegoats and stigmatising them with monkeypox is a step too far. The sad thing is people like you and many others like you will swallow this hook, line and sinker . Did you ever ask yourself why now all of a sudden is monkeypox prominent in gays ? Gays have been having sex for years so why now ? "

There may be more to it. But it seems to be behavioural at the moment. The Terence Higgins trust website are carrying the same info (amongst others) and not claiming anything nefarious. I'm failing to see the downside of sharing what info is available and urging caution anf signposting. Nobody is demonising anything.

Majority of over 50's will already be vaccinated against it in late 60's early 70's

Body to body contact or bed linen, if staying in hotel accommodation just make sure bed sheets have been changed

"

Majority, qualify that statement please.

Fucking bull shit learn the facts not I believe wot you going say next foot and mouth is caused by sucking on toes .it's part of the family of pox so the likes of cow chicken pox if people learned the facts and not just say wot there hear in the shop or pub you would cause a mass panic"

Take a note from yourself:

pox

/p?ks/

noun

any of several viral diseases producing a rash of pimples that become pus-filled and leave pockmarks on healing.

In other words there's more than one "family".

"It's caught by close contact NOT by shagging someone "

You cannot get closer contact than having sex, so therefore you can get it by shagging someone

[Removed by poster at 22/06/22 20:31:21]

The K is silent

chester

.. If 151 out of 152 identify as gay or bi so not sure anybody being scared into anything. Just being made aware of where it's spreading at the moment. Which I'd have thought is helpful. I disagree and wouldn’t believe a word of it ; the Gays are being made scapegoats and stigmatising them with monkeypox is a step too far. The sad thing is people like you and many others like you will swallow this hook, line and sinker . Did you ever ask yourself why now all of a sudden is monkeypox prominent in gays ? Gays have been having sex for years so why now ?

Exactly what I have been saying, gay sex has gone on for years and we have a lot of africans too in Europe for many decades, so why now suddenly. It is all a bit suspicious and convenient in the current climate to say the least…."

But we haven't had the same level of African and Middle East immigrants as we have recently

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Our immunity to the pox family has reduced significantly enough that people are getting infected and the infected numbers might soon be enough to bring back the small pox vaccination.

It's spread through virus filled lesions and when they burst they infect the other person, tbf its hard to check the other person's health in a darkened club so it's easy to see why it's spreading frequently in a naked close contact community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKEakFk1rYc

"Our immunity to the pox family has reduced significantly enough that people are getting infected and the infected numbers might soon be enough to bring back the small pox vaccination.

It's spread through virus filled lesions and when they burst they infect the other person, tbf its hard to check the other person's health in a darkened club so it's easy to see why it's spreading frequently in a naked close contact community.

"

Monkeypox spreads in different ways. The virus can spread from person-to-person through:

direct contact with the infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids

respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact, or during intimate physical contact, such as kissing, cuddling, or sex

touching items (such as clothing or linens) that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids

pregnant people can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta. (CDC).

Due to the respiratory secretions contains the virus, I'd avoid being sneezed on.

Btw, it is NOT a pox family. That is like saying all colds are rhinoviruses.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Our immunity to the pox family has reduced significantly enough that people are getting infected and the infected numbers might soon be enough to bring back the small pox vaccination.

Monkeypox spreads in different ways. The virus can spread from person-to-person through:

respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact, or during intimate physical contact, such as kissing, cuddling, or sex

touching items (such as clothing or linens) that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids

pregnant people can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta. (CDC).

Due to the respiratory secretions contains the virus, I'd avoid being sneezed on.

Btw, it is NOT a pox family. That is like saying all colds are rhinoviruses."

According to WHO & CDC "Monkeypox virus belongs to the Orthopoxvirus genus in the family Poxviridae. The Orthopoxvirus genus also includes variola virus (which causes smallpox)"

Btw, it is NOT a pox family. That is like saying all colds are rhinoviruses.

According to WHO & CDC "Monkeypox virus belongs to the Orthopoxvirus genus in the family Poxviridae. The Orthopoxvirus genus also includes variola virus (which causes smallpox)""

Ok using family as a scientific label rather than a generalised label I stand to be corrected (although I was aware the the familial relationship of small and monkey pox). However, the first pox one relates to these days is probably chicken and that's where my analogy lies.

Tbf I'd have thought species would be more of an umbrella term than family *shrug*

Tin town

There's now a twice weekly gov update...

" As reported in technical briefing 1, the majority (96.0%) of cases were gay, bisexual, or men who have sex with men (GBMSM) strongly suggesting transmission in defined sexual networks, both internationally and domestically (Table 3). Cases frequently reported history of a sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the last year (54.2%) and 10 or more sexual partners in the last 3 months (31.8%), suggesting monkeypox is being transmitted in interconnected sexual networks that sustain STI transmission."

"There's now a twice weekly gov update...

" As reported in technical briefing 1, the majority (96.0%) of cases were gay, bisexual, or men who have sex with men (GBMSM) strongly suggesting transmission in defined sexual networks, both internationally and domestically (Table 3). Cases frequently reported history of a sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the last year (54.2%) and 10 or more sexual partners in the last 3 months (31.8%), suggesting monkeypox is being transmitted in interconnected sexual networks that sustain STI transmission.""

Which simply means direct contact (with the virus) causes transmission. No-one can allege sex is not direct contact.

Not sure why STI stats are needed though as it hasn't emerged as an STI.

I’m no expert, but it’s on the rise in greater Manchester so I am looking at my meets carefully. Who and when, and heir meets, who and when. Avoiding clubs too. Condoms won’t help in this instance :/

Tin town

"I’m no expert, but it’s on the rise in greater Manchester so I am looking at my meets carefully. Who and when, and heir meets, who and when. Avoiding clubs too. Condoms won’t help in this instance :/"

Well yeah it's gone from 1 to over a 1000 cases in about 2 months... That's a hell of a growth rate.

By *allyCTV/TS  over a year ago

Ipswich

I new shagging that monkey for a bet was a bad idea. X

By *lex CoxMan  over a year ago

Porth

Wuhan strange area ?? Makes you think?

Glasgow

imagine the variants that could come out of this one ! Chimppox; mandrilpox; probopox; capachinpox !

Tin town

"Just wondering are we being scared into it again . We are fully vaccinated after the last pandemic but we feel like it’s been put out there that monkey pox is generally spread by the gay or bi community witch is total bs imagine the variants that could come out of this one ! Chimppox; mandrilpox; probopox; capachinpox ! "

Watch out for gorillapox

"Here we go, creating another conspiracy theory!"

like every other 'conspiracy theory' that has come before this it is just a 'theory' until you don't want to believe it so you now brand it a 'conspiracy theory'........... there that now makes you feel safe again

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Here we go, creating another conspiracy theory!

like every other 'conspiracy theory' that has come before this it is just a 'theory' until you don't want to believe it so you now brand it a 'conspiracy theory'........... there that now makes you feel safe again"

There's a definite pattern, maybe not the one you want to see though

Tin town

I think it's best to just ignore it for another month.

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2022-07-15/monkeypox-deep-concern-as-london-reports-71-of-cases

Totally on point. The weather warnings In the news this week has highlighted that. We're all going to die next week because it may hit 38°c. . Apparently the hottest on record since 1976. You know that summer our parents go one about being the best ever. Oh wait.... Not where everyone died.

manchester

"Totally on point. The weather warnings In the news this week has highlighted that. We're all going to die next week because it may hit 38°c. . Apparently the hottest on record since 1976. You know that summer our parents go one about being the best ever. Oh wait.... Not where everyone died. "

It’s due to hit over 40* in some areas… the first Red warning ever in history for high temperatures I believe. 1976 got up to 38* maximum… Monday and Tuesday will break those records

"Totally on point. The weather warnings In the news this week has highlighted that. We're all going to die next week because it may hit 38°c. .

It’s due to hit over 40* in some areas… the first Red warning ever in history for high temperatures I believe. 1976 got up to 38* maximum… Monday and Tuesday will break those records

"

Oh... so we do all need to be worried.?? Lol I don't worry when I go on holiday somewhere hot.

East London

"Totally on point. The weather warnings In the news this week has highlighted that. We're all going to die next week because it may hit 38°c. . Apparently the hottest on record since 1976. You know that summer our parents go one about being the best ever. Oh wait.... Not where everyone died. "

There are excess deaths during any period of high temperatures. 1976 was no different, and this year won't be either.

Tin town

"Totally on point. The weather warnings In the news this week has highlighted that. We're all going to die next week because it may hit 38°c. . Apparently the hottest on record since 1976. You know that summer our parents go one about being the best ever. Oh wait.... Not where everyone died.

There are excess deaths during any period of high temperatures. 1976 was no different, and this year won't be either.

"

Remember the standpipes?

Bath with a friend adverts?

We are all going to diiiiiiiie

manchester

"Totally on point. The weather warnings In the news this week has highlighted that. We're all going to die next week because it may hit 38°c. .

Oh... so we do all need to be worried.?? Lol I don't worry when I go on holiday somewhere hot. "

It’s not about you though is it LOL

There are many that will struggle with the high temperatures.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

People will die. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Although not all people and some people will have fun, so I guess that's fine

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

You seem rather disturbed.

Don't worry, you are misinformed.

Leeds

Is there a link between monkeypox and high temperatures ?

Oh I remember this.... mainly effected the homosexual community, much like aids. But at the time that was like denying the Holocaust. (I do not, I should be clear). If you said that. Wonder why?

By *uckscpl_bi_femCouple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Oh I remember this.... mainly effected the homosexual community, much like aids. But at the time that was like denying the Holocaust. (I do not, I should be clear). If you said that. Wonder why?

"

Woketards

By *mightyMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

Simple don’t bum monkeys the test for moneypox silent k is banana up the bum you’ve been warned lol

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 08/11/22 17:27:13]

By *rfur FuxakeMan  over a year ago

Taunton

Don't know about a vaccine for it, but it seems like something only a homo erectus would catch anyway.

Longridge

Is this still a thing or have we moved on to brain eating fungi?

Central

"Is this still a thing or have we moved on to brain eating fungi?"

Search engines are your friends

By *luttTV/TS  over a year ago

Duns

"Don't know about a vaccine for it, but it seems like something only a homo erectus would catch anyway."

There is a vaccine (it’s a smallpox vaccine)

It's caused by your shots

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Monkey pox requires the exchange of fluids in close contact. There is a demographic of gay men who are both very promiscuous and who dont use protection due to no risk of pregnancy. This is the group most affected and it's a statistical fact whether you like it or not.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Monkey pox requires the exchange of fluids in close contact. There is a demographic of gay men who are both very promiscuous and who dont use protection due to no risk of pregnancy. This is the group most affected and it's a statistical fact whether you like it or not."

Not quite right. It is spread by close contact not exchange of bodily fluids, obvious sex requires this.

Tin town

"Monkey pox requires the exchange of fluids in close contact. There is a demographic of gay men who are both very promiscuous and who dont use protection due to no risk of pregnancy. This is the group most affected and it's a statistical fact whether you like it or not."

Some people aren't able to process that kind of fact based logic.

By *luttTV/TS  over a year ago

Duns

"Monkey pox requires the exchange of fluids in close contact. There is a demographic of gay men who are both very promiscuous and who dont use protection due to no risk of pregnancy. This is the group most affected and it's a statistical fact whether you like it or not.

Some people aren't able to process that kind of fact based logic. "

The sort of logic that involves things that aren’t facts?

Manchester (she/her)

"Monkey pox requires the exchange of fluids in close contact. There is a demographic of gay men who are both very promiscuous and who dont use protection due to no risk of pregnancy. This is the group most affected and it's a statistical fact whether you like it or not.

Some people aren't able to process that kind of fact based logic. "

If you read any fact based logic in that statement, I suspect that our definitions of both "fact" and "logic" are entirely incompatible.

Tin town

If you read any fact based logic in that statement, I suspect that our definitions of both "fact" and "logic" are entirely incompatible.

"

So men who have sex with men don't make up the vast majority of cases.?

Central

So men who have sex with men don't make up the vast majority of cases.? "

That's quite a different statement, from what Swing had commented on.

Manchester (she/her)

So men who have sex with men don't make up the vast majority of cases.?

That's quite a different statement, from what Swing had commented on. "

Quite. I have no idea what the current demographics are, but the deflection that happens in these and other diseases serves no one.

It's not like the infection method of monkeypox is exclusive to men who have sex with men, and (to the extent that it remains a threat in any given country) it's not helpful to minimise risks to other demographics.

By *axman300Man  over a year ago

london

Monkey pox...another government lie..as soon as they realised, the public weren't fooling for it...it disappeared. Just like STREP

Its all about control. Dont be fooled

"Monkey pox...another government lie..as soon as they realised, the public weren't fooling for it...it disappeared. Just like STREP

Its all about control. Dont be fooled "

Don't be fooled?

It's too late for some unfortunately!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Monkey pox...another government lie..as soon as they realised, the public weren't fooling for it...it disappeared. Just like STREP

Its all about control. Dont be fooled "

So what your saying is that they keep making up these illnesses?

You know it's funny?

It didn't feel made up when I got it,

What with the ambulance service refusing to take me to hospital and the doctors and nurses refusing to treat or even examine me in the hospital,

The resulting in infection which nearly killed me.

Loosing my girlfriend, job, being evicted, and having to get charities to provide me with food so I didn't Starve to death!

Going from size 36-in waist to a size 30 in 3 months?

I really wish I had known it was all imaginary at the time!

Central

"You know it's funny?

It didn't feel made up when I got it,

What with the ambulance service refusing to take me to hospital and the doctors and nurses refusing to treat or even examine me in the hospital,

The resulting in infection which nearly killed me.

Loosing my girlfriend, job, being evicted, and having to get charities to provide me with food so I didn't Starve to death!

Going from size 36-in waist to a size 30 in 3 months?

I really wish I had known it was all imaginary at the time!"

I hope that you're getting more of your wellbeing back, in good measure! There are thoughtless individuals who post inane shite, without a care for facts and the people who may be struggling, due to the life-changing impacts of fully evidenced health conditions.

Tropes pulled from social media can abound here. You'll have missed many from the height of the pandemic that proliferated here.

Thankfully mpox has waned, largely due to the actions of the LGBT+ community, alongside our health service efforts, to educate, vaccinate and more.

I still haven't got a clue about it, I got offered a vaccine for it!

So I said should I have one if I've had the disease it took them two weeks to get back with a reply of, we're not sure but it should be ok.

No one's performed any tests on anyone so we're not sure what's going to happen.

I suggested that I do not have the vaccine so that if any tests need to be done on a surviving patient that's not been vaccinated they can use me as a test subject.

I was slightly told they wouldn't even know were to begin as no scientific research was being done into it.

August of last year.

#they still don't have a clue.

Apologies phons playing up

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

My friend who works at a clinic says that it’s mostly been males 80% in the age range 25-40 who are making up the demographic of cases and of these men around 90%of them are gay/bi

So it’s either a virus that men are more susceptible to or it’s hit the gay scene like a queen on Charlie ! Those are facts and that’s why gay and bisexual men are being offered up the vaccine more than anyone else

However anyone who’s sexually promiscuous is being recommended to have themselves vaccinated as well but so long as the numbers are still swaying towards the males in society there isn’t going to be much in the regular press

You'll never guess how I caught it,

Coming home from work on the train from Brighton to Eastbourne England ladies playing Finland ladies in Brighton! about 50000 people stood for 3 hours in the train station trying to get home.

Track and trace love that, lol

» Add a new message to this topic