FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid tips and tricks

Covid tips and tricks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r_Insatiable666 OP   Man  over a year ago

Cork

Probably been done before but on my third day of COVID, any tips on how to feel better?

I've tried the cold towel thing for my fever and strepsils for the cough but my teeth are really sensitive with it and I'm going through boxes of tissues

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Probably been done before but on my third day of COVID, any tips on how to feel better?

I've tried the cold towel thing for my fever and strepsils for the cough but my teeth are really sensitive with it and I'm going through boxes of tissues"

Try the vaccine. Might work

By *ay-89Woman  over a year ago

Norwich

Honey and blackcurrant in boiling water helped my cough. I found I mostly just wanted to sleep so I took the duvet to the sofa every day and just planted myself there.

Continuous Lemsips and my inhaler. I dread to think what an earlier variant and no vaccine would have been like.

Yes turn off the media

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Yes turn off the media"

Wish I had done this instead of getting oxygen when I had covid would have been so much easier. Not entirely convinced by the effectiveness though.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Probably been done before but on my third day of COVID, any tips on how to feel better?

I've tried the cold towel thing for my fever and strepsils for the cough but my teeth are really sensitive with it and I'm going through boxes of tissues"

Hot whiskey + boring movie = sleep it off xx

Missus

By *otshot14Woman  over a year ago

nuneaton

Steam bath,sleep,fluids,eating,and rest alot.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Co codamol helped me, although it was the exhaustion that bothered me most.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

keep washing you hands and stay indoors

By *enusalMan  over a year ago

tipperary Limerick London,Germany

Vit c. Water . Sleep. Tiredness is worst part . 2 days down here . Working through most of it. Work on my own....lol

U come soon

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Continuous Lemsips and my inhaler. I dread to think what an earlier variant and no vaccine would have been like. "

No more than ONE Lemsip every 4 hours - they contain paracetamol!!!

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

If your nose running is driving you mad try and antihistamine to dry it up a little? Sleep on your front if your chest hurts. Get well soon x

Vitamin d3, c and zinc every day for a week has proven effective for many people I know

By *weheavycummerMan  over a year ago

Near you

????????????????????

By *verAverageLaxedMaverickMan  over a year ago

London

Get on moringa powder can be brought from Holland and Barrets . Miracle stuff

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"Co codamol helped me, although it was the exhaustion that bothered me most.

"

Likewise, and Ribena and Strepsils and a steam inhaler.

One of my friends is really poorly with it just now. All the naysayers can get bent, it’s still out there. Just less likely to kill you.

By *etmelickMan  over a year ago

Hartlepool

How did you find out you were positive? Was there a reason to take a test, like work or travel restrictions?

By *appytochatMan  over a year ago

Deep in the New Forest

Currently positive myself... Friday night I had a niggly tickle in my throat. Went to bed and it hit me Saturday morning. Woke at 10am for about half hour then went back to sleep and woke again about 7pm. Hot and cold shivers and sweating for England. Been taking on plenty of fluids and feel better for it today aslong as I don't try getting up. Balance is a bit all over the place and body feels like it been hit by a truck.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Sorry, it seems to affect folks very differently - me banging headache and a feeling of being a bit wheezy. Nothing else.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"Sorry, it seems to affect folks very differently - me banging headache and a feeling of being a bit wheezy. Nothing else."

It does affect people very differently: drink loads of liquids, especially warm water with vitamin c and d3; Ibuprofen is good for the thumping headaches and is antiinflammatory.

Daily showers or baths, and wrap well to regulate temperature, but keep home well ventilated to avoid stuffiness. With brain fog/ nausea watching TV should help to keep your mind off symptoms.

For the incredibly painful scratchy throat, gargle with warm salt water and sip honey in warm water.

The headaches are the worst, once throat pain abates.

Good luck.

By *andL2014Couple  over a year ago

Kettering

"Sorry, it seems to affect folks very differently - me banging headache and a feeling of being a bit wheezy. Nothing else.

It does affect people very differently: drink loads of liquids, especially warm water with vitamin c and d3; Ibuprofen is good for the thumping headaches and is antiinflammatory.

Daily showers or baths, and wrap well to regulate temperature, but keep home well ventilated to avoid stuffiness. With brain fog/ nausea watching TV should help to keep your mind off symptoms.

For the incredibly painful scratchy throat, gargle with warm salt water and sip honey in warm water.

The headaches are the worst, once throat pain abates.

Good luck."

Hi! Out of interest how long did the headache last? My wife got it on Thursday, and literally hasn't been able to move from the pain in her head. She's on immune suppressants though, so maybe it's hitting her harder?

She was told the hospital would be in touch as she is eligible for the anti covid drugs so fingers crossed we hear from them sooner rather than later...

Take vitamin D, healthy eating. Basically anything to boost your immune system and you'll be fine. No need for vaccine.

I eat healthy and take vitamin D amongst other supplements. Never caught covid (no vaccine) never get ill aswell

If everyone had this approach i strongly believe there wouldn't have been a "pandemic" especially if everyone took a vitamin D tablet every day. No brainer

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

I've tried the cold towel thing for my fever and strepsils for the cough but my teeth are really sensitive with it and I'm going through boxes of tissues

Try the vaccine. Might work "

I’ve had vaccine one and two plus the booster, had Covid last July and just caught it again. I’d still have more boosters because I think it helps with severity

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"Continuous Lemsips and my inhaler. I dread to think what an earlier variant and no vaccine would have been like. "

Just like a bad cold perhaps

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

"Continuous Lemsips and my inhaler. I dread to think what an earlier variant and no vaccine would have been like.

Just like a bad cold perhaps "

I’ve had it twice now, not comparable in any way to a bad cold! kidney damage caused by Covid the first time. So don’t be silly and start comparing it to a cold

Glasgow

Try the vaccine. Might work "

the vaccine only protects others; not yourself !

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

London

I boiled fresh ginger to make a tea and had it with lemon - that helped the throat and cough a lot

Fever paracetamol

Vit c d and zinc daily

Lots of spicy food and sleep

By *ess King tvTV/TS  over a year ago

KING'S LYNN

"I boiled fresh ginger to make a tea and had it with lemon - that helped the throat and cough a lot

Fever paracetamol

Vit c d and zinc daily

Lots of spicy food and sleep "

Try the vaccine it's much less hassle x

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

London

"I boiled fresh ginger to make a tea and had it with lemon - that helped the throat and cough a lot

Fever paracetamol

Vit c d and zinc daily

Lots of spicy food and sleep

Try the vaccine it's much less hassle x"

The vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting it. It reduces the severity of the illness.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Try the vaccine. Might work the vaccine only protects others; not yourself !"

Whut?

Glasgow

Try the vaccine. Might work the vaccine only protects others; not yourself !

Whut? "

the vaccine protects others but not yourself; that’s as simple as I can put it.

By *TDHGentMan  over a year ago

Worcs

"Yes turn off the media"

It amazes me why people with any intelligence watch the news. You can't change any of it. It's 99% doom n gloom. They're merchants of doom n gloom! From brainwash so called news to their brainwash adverts trying to make you buy shit you don't need!

By *TDHGentMan  over a year ago

Worcs

"Yes turn off the media

Wish I had done this instead of getting oxygen when I had covid would have been so much easier. Not entirely convinced by the effectiveness though."

Tescos Pure oxygen kills bacteria!

Every little helps folks!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes turn off the media

Wish I had done this instead of getting oxygen when I had covid would have been so much easier. Not entirely convinced by the effectiveness though.

Tescos Pure oxygen kills bacteria!

Every little helps folks! "

You know Covid is a virus, right?

Drink loads of water.

Eat lots of good veg - tomatoes; cucumber; broccoli; onion; courgette; aubergine; carrot.

Eat fruit daily.

Eat clean protein.

Avoid sugar.

Avoid wheat.

Avoid/reduce dairy.

Avoid alcohol.

Avoid/Reduce caffeine

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Yes turn off the media

It amazes me why people with any intelligence watch the news. You can't change any of it. It's 99% doom n gloom. They're merchants of doom n gloom! From brainwash so called news to their brainwash adverts trying to make you buy shit you don't need! "

And yet you choose to believe what you see on social media ?

Now that really is quite buzarre

"Take vitamin D, healthy eating. Basically anything to boost your immune system and you'll be fine. No need for vaccine.

I eat healthy and take vitamin D amongst other supplements. Never caught covid (no vaccine) never get ill aswell

If everyone had this approach i strongly believe there wouldn't have been a "pandemic" especially if everyone took a vitamin D tablet every day. No brainer"

I bet this guy was a scientist

Try the vaccine. Might work the vaccine only protects others; not yourself !"

How do you work that one out?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Take vitamin D, healthy eating. Basically anything to boost your immune system and you'll be fine. No need for vaccine.

If everyone had this approach i strongly believe there wouldn't have been a "pandemic" especially if everyone took a vitamin D tablet every day. No brainer

I bet this guy was a scientist "

My bet is on a geologist who realised that a lot of people don't know that scientists do different things. And they could make a lot of money telling comforting fibs

I bet this guy was a scientist

My bet is on a geologist who realised that a lot of people don't know that scientists do different things. And they could make a lot of money telling comforting fibs "

Either way I was thinking mad scientist

By *tallion and fillyCouple  over a year ago

Barrow in Furness

Vaccine was pushed pushed pushed and still is, however facts are now changing people are starting to be honest about it.

They are looking to vax children now. Facts are 1% get seriously ill with covid and yet 5% get seriously ill with the vaccine. Bonkers.

Both myself and the wife had covid last Oct, me one dose over 12 months previous, the wife fully up to date. We were both completly wiped out started to get slightly better after 4 days but I have never felt so ill in my life and the wife was exactly the same. Vax pointless. I ended up having a month off work, doc said don't do anything even if you feel like it you must rest.

"Vaccine was pushed pushed pushed and still is, however facts are now changing people are starting to be honest about it.

They are looking to vax children now. Facts are 1% get seriously ill with covid and yet 5% get seriously ill with the vaccine. Bonkers.

Both myself and the wife had covid last Oct, me one dose over 12 months previous, the wife fully up to date. We were both completly wiped out started to get slightly better after 4 days but I have never felt so ill in my life and the wife was exactly the same. Vax pointless. I ended up having a month off work, doc said don't do anything even if you feel like it you must rest."

"Vaccine was pushed pushed pushed and still is, however facts are now changing people are starting to be honest about it.

Both myself and the wife had covid last Oct, me one dose over 12 months previous, the wife fully up to date. We were both completly wiped out started to get slightly better after 4 days but I have never felt so ill in my life and the wife was exactly the same. Vax pointless. I ended up having a month off work, doc said don't do anything even if you feel like it you must rest."

Please source your "facts".

Barrow in Furness

I got the figures wrong thay are per million not 100. So all round really really low. But irresponsible wanting to hurt more children with the vax.

Our daughter had covid same time we did, one day of feeling slightly off colour one day of sniffles and back to normal. No way is my daughter having the vax.

"I got the figures wrong thay are per million not 100. So all round really really low. But irresponsible wanting to hurt more children with the vax.

Our daughter had covid same time we did, one day of feeling slightly off colour one day of sniffles and back to normal. No way is my daughter having the vax.

"

You still haven't sourced the facts.

Tbh, even though I'm a healthcare professional I'd research the effects of the different vaccines on children according to their ages. Fortunately I have no dependent children.

Do your homework

Barrow in Furness

I have done my homework.

I’m on day 6…still positive tests (Lilly) fully vaccinated but still feeling rather terrible , it’s the headache that’s the worst , and the tiredness… plenty of water, ibuprofen n paracetamol,

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I have done my homework. "

You obviously haven't done it correctly. About 1 in 50000 under 14s get ill enough to need hospital treatment from covid, that is 0.002%. There have been about 2 million under 14s vaccinated and hospitalisations are virtually nil in that age group from covid vaccinations.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

You might not be able to taste anything....a bit like visiting a McDonald's

» Add a new message to this topic