FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > False negatives

False negatives

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is this a thing with LFTs? Took one yesterday and one today and both are negative but I don't think I've ever felt this bad from just a cold

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Not everything that makes you feel bad is covid.

Hope you feel better soon x

Missus

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are you saying you would have liked it to be positive?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, it's a thing. It doesn't mean it's Covid, but false negatives exist.

"Are you saying you would have liked it to be positive? "

How could you possibly have inferred that from my post?

"Not everything that makes you feel bad is covid.

Missus "

I hope I do too, I'm so over this thank you xx

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Missus "

This and yes, get well soon x

"Yes, it's a thing. It doesn't mean it's Covid, but false negatives exist."

Must just be a top tier elite level cold then

If false negatives and false positives exist. Is the test fit for purpose.

This ^

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

My son tested positive about a week after symptoms started. I do think they work, but they don't pick it up quickly enough so still pretty useless imo.

Covid or not, hope you feel better soon x

By *ay-89Woman  over a year ago

Norwich

With everyone being stuck at home most of the last 2 years the normal bugs and flu have in had a chance to get us so it's those coming back with a vengeance. I had covid mid March and I felt rotten again last week. Done a couple of tests and all negative but I think it was a cold mixed in with hay fever.

Manchester (she/her)

"If false negatives and false positives exist. Is the test fit for purpose. "

As much as everything else that isn't perfect. Which is everything

By *hisStagsVixenCouple  over a year ago

peterborough

"If false negatives and false positives exist. Is the test fit for purpose.

As much as everything else that isn't perfect. Which is everything "

The LFT isn’t as likely to pick it up as early as a pcr. Keep testing daily even if you start to feel better as people respond different to the virus. My husband had symptoms for a couple of days before he got a positive. Make sure you do t eat drink or smoke for 30 mins before testing. Hope you feel better soon lovely x

By *ristol BiteMan  over a year ago

all over

LFT aren't that great, false negatives are relatively common. Some reports have put LFT accuracy for that around 50-70%

However if it shows as positive that's about 99.9% accurate.

Basically they're not THAT sensitive to the virus but if they do detect it, it's almost definitely there.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

There's a rotten cold fluey thing going about, its floored a fair few of us in work

They also exist on pregnancy tests, in DNA testing, in any testing that uses PCR or LFT layout…should we ban pregnancy test because of the off chance of a false positive/negative result? I’ve had a false positive pregnancy test. I didn’t stop doing them because of that one.

Every single laboratory test has published sensitivity and specificity values. Sorry.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

I tested a log(I used sterilised water) and my budgies drinking water appears they both had covid

Missus This and yes, get well soon x"

Thanks Shag

"My son tested positive about a week after symptoms started. I do think they work, but they don't pick it up quickly enough so still pretty useless imo.

Covid or not, hope you feel better soon x"

Thank you x

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I tested a log(I used sterilised water) and my budgies drinking water appears they both had covid "

Did you get a pcr test done too?

The LFT isn’t as likely to pick it up as early as a pcr. Keep testing daily even if you start to feel better as people respond different to the virus. My husband had symptoms for a couple of days before he got a positive. Make sure you do t eat drink or smoke for 30 mins before testing. Hope you feel better soon lovely x"

Yeah the LFTs I have are nasal swab only so I don't think eating/drinking is an issue? Although I have been using decongestant spray now you mention it In any case I'll keep testing, thank you x

By *urvySub87Woman  over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

I felt rough on Monday but the test was negative. Tuesday I felt a little better and the test was positive. I think they're very slow if nothing else

"There's a rotten cold fluey thing going about, its floored a fair few of us in work"

Honestly I've never had a cold this bad. Seriously painful sore throat, swollen tonsils, splitting headache, struggling to breathe when lying down... I'm only getting through it thanks to tons of paracetamol at the moment

Although I did just break my diet to have a sandwich, some fruit and a cookie and I think the sugar has perked me up a little

"There's a rotten cold fluey thing going about, its floored a fair few of us in work

Honestly I've never had a cold this bad. Seriously painful sore throat, swollen tonsils, splitting headache, struggling to breathe when lying down... I'm only getting through it thanks to tons of paracetamol at the moment

Although I did just break my diet to have a sandwich, some fruit and a cookie and I think the sugar has perked me up a little "

Also the fatigue is on another level, which paired with the headache is what led me to believe it might have been the 'vid.

chester

Could it be toncilitis?

peterborough

The LFT isn’t as likely to pick it up as early as a pcr. Keep testing daily even if you start to feel better as people respond different to the virus. My husband had symptoms for a couple of days before he got a positive. Make sure you do t eat drink or smoke for 30 mins before testing. Hope you feel better soon lovely x

Yeah the LFTs I have are nasal swab only so I don't think eating/drinking is an issue? Although I have been using decongestant spray now you mention it In any case I'll keep testing, thank you x "

There has to be a higher amount of the virus proteins for an LFT to pick it up, but when it does pick it up, it’s likely you’re highly contagious. So the LFTs are great to use to tell if you are contagious. And actually, you could say they are more accurate and give a better indication of when you are arctually more likely to pass it on to other people, as the PCR’s can pick up the tiniest trace and can return a positive upto 3 months after you get it. They’re aren’t false results as some people assume. They’re doing the job they were designed to do. of course, no test is perfect for anything and some will give an incorrect result especially if contaminated with something, which is why it says not to eat drink or smoke before doing one.

If you can take them, I always find beechams the best to help with symptoms x x x

"Could it be toncilitis? "

Maybe... They're red and swollen but don't look infected. When I've had tonsillitis before they've been all gross with white spots

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I tested a log(I used sterilised water) and my budgies drinking water appears they both had covid "

Hope they feel better soon

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"My son tested positive about a week after symptoms started. I do think they work, but they don't pick it up quickly enough so still pretty useless imo.

Covid or not, hope you feel better soon x"

yet mine picked it up the first day I had Any symptoms and at work people were being picked up with no symptoms present

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"There's a rotten cold fluey thing going about, its floored a fair few of us in work

Although I did just break my diet to have a sandwich, some fruit and a cookie and I think the sugar has perked me up a little "

Same symptoms at the start for me ( plus the cough) and I had two negative tests before the 3rd was positive

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

I've now given up giving a fuck. During the Queen's Jubilee, I was dreadful. Couldn't do anything In bed most of the time. Since then, terrible cough and hacking up green stuff for the past week. Finally feeling better and back working.

No idea if it was covid or not. I couldn't care less. It was just flu as far as I'm concerned. Let's all move on and forget covid.

peterborough

"I've now given up giving a fuck. During the Queen's Jubilee, I was dreadful. Couldn't do anything In bed most of the time. Since then, terrible cough and hacking up green stuff for the past week. Finally feeling better and back working.

No idea if it was covid or not. I couldn't care less. It was just flu as far as I'm concerned. Let's all move on and forget covid. "

Pleased You’re starting to feel better. The

Only issue you could have is if you’re going abroad in the next 3-4 months and have to pcr test to enter the country you’re going to as these can still pick up the virus after that long. x x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I've now given up giving a fuck. During the Queen's Jubilee, I was dreadful. Couldn't do anything In bed most of the time. Since then, terrible cough and hacking up green stuff for the past week. Finally feeling better and back working.

No idea if it was covid or not. I couldn't care less. It was just flu as far as I'm concerned. Let's all move on and forget covid. "

The people who are still dying from it have family who can't forget.

People who are concerned about giving it to family members who could have a bad time with it can't just forget about it

Of course people who probably don't care will try and forget or pretend it isn't still here

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Oh, do give up. People died from flu long before covid. It's flu now. Flu. Yes, some people die from it, and that's sad but it's not a thing to get our knickers in a twist about anymore.

No idea if it was covid or not. I couldn't care less. It was just flu as far as I'm concerned. Let's all move on and forget covid.

People who are concerned about giving it to family members who could have a bad time with it can't just forget about it

Of course people who probably don't care will try and forget or pretend it isn't still here "

I'm in the second camp and am now concerned at people saying they tested negative before testing positive

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh, do give up. People died from flu long before covid. It's flu now. Flu. Yes, some people die from it, and that's sad but it's not a thing to get our knickers in a twist about anymore."

If you'd like to think all viruses are the same and get yourself infected with God knows what, then you do you. Telling others how they must feel and that they are not allowed to have correct information about illness is ludicrous.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

LFT will test positive at a certain viral load. As far as I know it will test positive when the viral load is high enough to make you infectious.

Whereas PCR tests for the virus full stop. PCR will test positivd regardless if you are infectious or not.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Oh, do give up. People died from flu long before covid. It's flu now. Flu. Yes, some people die from it, and that's sad but it's not a thing to get our knickers in a twist about anymore."

It isn't flu

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Of course people who probably don't care will try and forget or pretend it isn't still here

I'm in the second camp and am now concerned at people saying they tested negative before testing positive "

I think it is because the LFT's are not as good as the PCR ones at picking it up. Even on the third test it only had a faint line , where as on the 7th day it was a real deep red line.

If I had had no tests to take I would have stayed in anyway just in case to be honest, especially if you are worried about other people catching it from you.

Hope you feel better soon

I'm in the second camp and am now concerned at people saying they tested negative before testing positive

I think it is because the LFT's are not as good as the PCR ones at picking it up. Even on the third test it only had a faint line , where as on the 7th day it was a real deep red line.

If I had had no tests to take I would have stayed in anyway just in case to be honest, especially if you are worried about other people catching it from you.

Hope you feel better soon"

is that the reason they stopped using them in America. I just wondered

By *iberius61Man  over a year ago

Pontefract

This time last year I spent 2 weeks in bed, really couldn't get out. Covid tested negative, patently some version of flu (tender skin, aching joints, totally drained if I did anything more energetic than lying flat on my back), just wasn't covid.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

In most cases the false negatives and even some false positive are due to the idiot performing the self test

Update: my throat is almost back to normal but headaches and blocked nose still going strong (feels like sinusitis though) and I've lost all sense of taste

Manchester (she/her)

"Update: my throat is almost back to normal but headaches and blocked nose still going strong (feels like sinusitis though) and I've lost all sense of taste "

I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon

"Update: my throat is almost back to normal but headaches and blocked nose still going strong (feels like sinusitis though) and I've lost all sense of taste

I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon"

Thank you but a life without flavour is not a life worth living

chester

"Could it be toncilitis?

Maybe... They're red and swollen but don't look infected. When I've had tonsillitis before they've been all gross with white spots "

Mmmm yeah septic spots I suffered terribly with toncilitis when I was younger but sometimes I didn't have the disgusting spots

In most cases the false negatives and even some false positive are due to the idiot performing the self test "

oh, must be millions of idiots about then,silly me

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Tested positive this week on Wednesday Tuesday was negative Wednesday positive . Today I have a faint line on my test, luckily no real complaints only loss sense smell and taste

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

In most cases the false negatives and even some false positive are due to the idiot performing the self test oh, must be millions of idiots about then,silly me

"

You'd be surprised.

I tested positive at a hospital appointment before my symptoms started in March.

I used a lateral flow test the next day which cannot up negative.

Five days later I honestly thought I was gonna die.

May, I felt ill for a few days and was getting progressively worse so I did a test from the same box and it showed up positive.

I did both tests in the exact same way so I have no idea why they were different results but yes, you can definitely show as negative when you've got it.

Also, you can definitely get it now than once and pretty quickly too ??

By *g and funnyCouple  over a year ago

Clacton

"I tested positive at a hospital appointment before my symptoms started in March.

I used a lateral flow test the next day which cannot up negative.

Five days later I honestly thought I was gonna die.

May, I felt ill for a few days and was getting progressively worse so I did a test from the same box and it showed up positive.

I did both tests in the exact same way so I have no idea why they were different results but yes, you can definitely show as negative when you've got it.

Also, you can definitely get it now than once and pretty quickly too ??"

All depends on when you test, viral loads, accuracy of how the test was carried out, test equipment used etc etc.

Based on an average case as an example say you get infected on a Monday, you count that as day 0.

An LFT wouldn't be able to detect the virus until day 2.5 (midday Wednesday ish)

The LFT would (should) then continue to test positive from day 2.5 to day 8 (the following Tuesday)

Before and after that is outside of its detection period, its not sensitive enough to detect the viral loads at those levels.

As I said thats all based on it being an "average" case of covid.

But people are different, the way their bodies respond to even a small amount of virus can vary person to person, test equipment whilst manufactured to a certain standard does still have a margin of error in it, the way people perform the test can be different etc etc etc.

All those contributing factors can lead to one result being different from another and people feeling worse than others at different times.

By *now LeopardMan  over a year ago

Hampton Hill

"Update: my throat is almost back to normal but headaches and blocked nose still going strong (feels like sinusitis though) and I've lost all sense of taste

I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon

Thank you but a life without flavour is not a life worth living "

I've gotten used to having little to very infrequent sex (ok you called it, zero sex) but there'd be no way I could get used to not tasting food.

How is one to get there feel good chemical levels up. My deepest fear was losing my sense of taste and smell. Towards the end of my covid I began to question whether it was gonna come back and it did once the congestion eased, although oddly but thankfully I no longer get the pong from the fridge which I seem to always have my nose in from the Camembert but I can still taste the Camembert (hallelujah). Hope yours returns swiftly x

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

When my symptoms were milder they treat came back negative. Tried 2 days later when I was feeling really rough, it came back positive almost immediately

Feel better it's miserable.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

I tested positive once out of about 20 tests over xmas. Very faint line too, It picked it up as positive for a period of about 4 hours then repeated tests were all negative again. PCR confirmed it was indeed covid. Thankfully no one I was around got sick so my viral load must have been very low.

"I tested positive once out of about 20 tests over xmas. Very faint line too, It picked it up as positive for a period of about 4 hours then repeated tests were all negative again. PCR confirmed it was indeed covid. Thankfully no one I was around got sick so my viral load must have been very low."

Still testing negative. Maybe my viral load has just been very low?

Or maybe it's not covid. Look, I don't WANT it to be covid. But I'm just saying it doesn't feel like any cold I've ever had, and in a weird way it would be reassuring to know, after spending 2 years being scared of getting it, that I can just-about-sort-of handle it.

By *lwaysonmymind!Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Is this a thing with LFTs? Took one yesterday and one today and both are negative but I don't think I've ever felt this bad from just a cold "

So I was on a stag weekend 2 weeks ago with 10 others. The day after we got home 4 people (one which o shared a room with) got covid and the next day I had a really bad cold.

I took LFT’s everyday for the next 5 days and all negative. I’ve had covid before and this cold knocked my off my feet ( not man flu)

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"is that the reason they stopped using them in America. I just wondered"

I don't know, sorry

Clacton

"I tested positive once out of about 20 tests over xmas. Very faint line too, It picked it up as positive for a period of about 4 hours then repeated tests were all negative again. PCR confirmed it was indeed covid. Thankfully no one I was around got sick so my viral load must have been very low.

Or maybe it's not covid. Look, I don't WANT it to be covid. But I'm just saying it doesn't feel like any cold I've ever had, and in a weird way it would be reassuring to know, after spending 2 years being scared of getting it, that I can just-about-sort-of handle it. "

The 2 years of everyone masking up, taking precautions to prevent the spread of covid has had an effect on the way you would react to a "normal" cold.

As a species we grow alongside certain pathogens and regular exposure to them make us more resistant / can fight them off easier.

But we've had 2 years of "intervention" so your body isnt, for want of a better word, getting the battering it would normally have got over that period.

Your immune system still recognises and deals with colds, its not lost all of its effectiveness, but because its not been as constantly exposed as it would have done normally but the potential for any cold you get now to feel like the worst cold ever is far greater, and why people are going this is the worst cold ever.

Its similar to whats happening with Chicken pox immunisation in kids who are passing it onto adults as shingles in later life.

Maybe you’ve got man flu everyone knows that’s the worst.

Manchester (she/her)

"I tested positive once out of about 20 tests over xmas. Very faint line too, It picked it up as positive for a period of about 4 hours then repeated tests were all negative again. PCR confirmed it was indeed covid. Thankfully no one I was around got sick so my viral load must have been very low.

Or maybe it's not covid. Look, I don't WANT it to be covid. But I'm just saying it doesn't feel like any cold I've ever had, and in a weird way it would be reassuring to know, after spending 2 years being scared of getting it, that I can just-about-sort-of handle it.

The 2 years of everyone masking up, taking precautions to prevent the spread of covid has had an effect on the way you would react to a "normal" cold.

As a species we grow alongside certain pathogens and regular exposure to them make us more resistant / can fight them off easier.

But we've had 2 years of "intervention" so your body isnt, for want of a better word, getting the battering it would normally have got over that period.

Your immune system still recognises and deals with colds, its not lost all of its effectiveness, but because its not been as constantly exposed as it would have done normally but the potential for any cold you get now to feel like the worst cold ever is far greater, and why people are going this is the worst cold ever.

Its similar to whats happening with Chicken pox immunisation in kids who are passing it onto adults as shingles in later life. "

I've yet to see any evidence that this immune debt hypothesis has any validity other than in the wank fantasies of people who want to let it rip, frankly.

Its similar to whats happening with Chicken pox immunisation in kids who are passing it onto adults as shingles in later life. "

To be fair I have had like 3 or 4 colds since things opened back up (more than I would usually have for that period). All after nights out. This one was on another level though.

Another update. Since apparently the only thing I can taste is spice I smothered my salad in sriracha and now my mouth is burning.

Pray 4 my booty

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

The individual words here are perfectly good, but the order they are arranged in is utter nonsense.

By *orkshire_roses999Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

You can be asymptomatic up to 5 days before you actually test for CoVID and same with tests

The LFTs have shown that someone can test daily and still show negative despite being positive…..

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I saw a lady wipe the swab around the edge of her nose.

She didn't like the feeling of it going too far up and around the back of her throat was a definite no no.

Ah well, can't really say much.

"I saw a lady wipe the swab around the edge of her nose.

She didn't like the feeling of it going too far up and around the back of her throat was a definite no no.

Ah well, can't really say much. "

What a waste of money

Manchester (she/her)

Ah well, can't really say much. "

LFT is all I test my gag reflex on at the moment

Reading

Or maybe it's not covid. Look, I don't WANT it to be covid. But I'm just saying it doesn't feel like any cold I've ever had, and in a weird way it would be reassuring to know, after spending 2 years being scared of getting it, that I can just-about-sort-of handle it. "

I get you wanting to know.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

LFT is all I test my gag reflex on at the moment "

Reading

Just to put you right re shingles. You don't pass chicken pox on as shingles. Shingles happen to those who have had chicken pox that lies dormant and is then reactivated at some point. If you have never had chicken pox you can't get shingles.

Manchester (she/her)

Its similar to whats happening with Chicken pox immunisation in kids who are passing it onto adults as shingles in later life.

Just to put you right re shingles. You don't pass chicken pox on as shingles. Shingles happen to those who have had chicken pox that lies dormant and is then reactivated at some point. If you have never had chicken pox you can't get shingles."

Which is why the UK policy is bloody bizarre.

I was too young to get the chicken pox vaccine as routine, but I managed to not catch it as a child, and paid to be vaccinated as an adult.

LOL

By * lolita xWoman  over a year ago

North

"Is this a thing with LFTs? Took one yesterday and one today and both are negative but I don't think I've ever felt this bad from just a cold "

Yes you can get false negative but not really false positives

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

My sister was same, felt really rough. She did two lateral flo tests both negative and the did pcr and that was positive.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Try sticking a piece of paper on your front door, just above letterbox, with Free Glory Hole written on it.

That should sort your gag reflex testing routine.

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

"Is this a thing with LFTs? Took one yesterday and one today and both are negative but I don't think I've ever felt this bad from just a cold

So I was on a stag weekend 2 weeks ago with 10 others. The day after we got home 4 people (one which o shared a room with) got covid and the next day I had a really bad cold.

I took LFT’s everyday for the next 5 days and all negative. I’ve had covid before and this cold knocked my off my feet ( not man flu)

"

13 of us went away 3 weeks ago mon-fri, Monday everyone was feeling fine high spirits enjoying life and by wed 3 we’re pretty ill migraine coughing feeling shitty, Thursday that number rose to 6, Friday when we all got home 11/13 ended up testing positive for 5-11 days the two who didn’t had cold like symptoms so who knows ! Out of those 11 3 weren’t showing symptoms

Me personally I didn’t have any covid symptoms but I do know I had a kidney infection brewing did my test on the Friday like the others when I got home got a positive result woke up late Saturday feeling like I’d been hit by a bus !! I had blocked nose and snotters( haven’t had any nasal congestion with colds for 14years) cough, migraine, aches and pains and the symptoms were so much worse than when I had it in dec 21 I was good to go again but by the wed however some of the women even now are still unwell !!

It defo seems to be mutating and the incubation/infection period seems to be changing

By *audyandMichaelCouple  over a year ago

New York

I felt like I had a cold stating , sneezing my head off on Wednesday negative lft, Thursday same still just runny nose , Friday morning felt headachy but still negative lft , Friday evening positive lft.... Monday negative lft , fuzzy head remains but will be in work tomorrow X

Clacton

Just to put you right re shingles. You don't pass chicken pox on as shingles. Shingles happen to those who have had chicken pox that lies dormant and is then reactivated at some point. If you have never had chicken pox you can't get shingles."

Sorry I was just using that as an example and should have reworded it.

For clarity I'll just copy the article on it for you

"Before the advent of vaccines against chickenpox, people were typically infected as children and then had a series of natural boosting events throughout their lives, rebooting their immunity as they made contact with infected friends and then their own children and their children’s friends.

Now that those children are protected, they are not providing their parents with those natural boosts, making those adults vulnerable to the virus once again in the form of shingles

That phenomenon will be short-lived, as younger people who are protected by the chickenpox vaccine age and won’t be at risk of getting shingles. "

It was an example of one action against a virus, having a knock on effect, albeit a short term one

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Viral load might not be picked up yet. I felt dodgy, took a test, negative. Continued to feel dodgy, took another test, was positive.

Then tried a different brand of test just to verify and that was also positive.

So if you continue to feel dodgy take another test in a day or 2.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

The negative and positive tests were different days by the way.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

keep testing until you get the result you want

I can relate, I've been knocked off my feet with this cold.

If you're still ill by three weeks I'd check in with the GP in case it's a bacterial infection as viruses tend to be shorter lived.

"Is this a thing with LFTs? Took one yesterday and one today and both are negative but I don't think I've ever felt this bad from just a cold

I can relate, I've been knocked off my feet with this cold.

If you're still ill by three weeks I'd check in with the GP in case it's a bacterial infection as viruses tend to be shorter lived."

Thank you! I've been feeling a lot better, just had some nasty sinuses for about a week. Pretty much back to normal now

By *urreypair1Couple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

4 of us were away all have same symptoms on return but I have failed to test positive , Dr confirmed its unlikely not to be covid and no point in a pcr.

Lasted 8 odd days and still fatigued .

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

If your not much sniffling then might not be enough to show a distinct test result.

Have you done test on your throat?

It may never show, due to low virus shedding. If vaccinated, more chance of false negative as virus won't get the party time it was expecting.

By *andykevin53Man  over a year ago

Grays

I think you false positives, in government literature it states the PCR test was never able to detect a live infection.

If your not much sniffling then might not be enough to show a distinct test result.

Have you done test on your throat?

It may never show, due to low virus shedding. If vaccinated, more chance of false negative as virus won't get the party time it was expecting."

I got over it a while ago. I am vaxxed so that might make sense. I spoke to my friend who I went out with on the night I think I caught it, and he said around a week after he tested positive for covid (same time I started feeling ill). So I'm almost convinced I had it now.

By *esYesOMGYes!Man  over a year ago

M20

"Are you saying you would have liked it to be positive? "

If you know you have a disease that’s not killing you, surely the best news you can have is that your covid immunity works?

Better than living in the fear that you might have no immunity.

It was a relief to me after I first had it.

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

You can easily get multiple negative results from LFTs testing in the nose as per instruction leaflet, yet test positive from the back of the throat. Happened to my brother & a work colleague, so not making it up.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

False positives can be just as bad. My sister has had 3 separate occasions of positive lateral flow test but negative pcr

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Just to put you right re shingles. You don't pass chicken pox on as shingles. Shingles happen to those who have had chicken pox that lies dormant and is then reactivated at some point. If you have never had chicken pox you can't get shingles.

Sorry I was just using that as an example and should have reworded it.

For clarity I'll just copy the article on it for you

"Before the advent of vaccines against chickenpox, people were typically infected as children and then had a series of natural boosting events throughout their lives, rebooting their immunity as they made contact with infected friends and then their own children and their children’s friends.

Now that those children are protected, they are not providing their parents with those natural boosts, making those adults vulnerable to the virus once again in the form of shingles

That phenomenon will be short-lived, as younger people who are protected by the chickenpox vaccine age and won’t be at risk of getting shingles. "

It was an example of one action against a virus, having a knock on effect, albeit a short term one"

The uk don't vaccinate against chicken pox, never have. Unless you pay for it or get it as you are high risk

Don't forget, the LFT also only shows if you are on the transmissible stage, you may have it and it not show on an lft Purley because you are no longer or not yet infectious

Manchester (she/her)

"You can easily get multiple negative results from LFTs testing in the nose as per instruction leaflet, yet test positive from the back of the throat. Happened to my brother & a work colleague, so not making it up. "

Yes, I always test nose and throat

Dear oh dear. Is this still a thing?

Come by, come by.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Dear oh dear. Is this still a thing?

"

Covid or LFT's?

So you test and it’s negative, so what’s the problem ? If you feel ill stay at home just like we always have done. If you’re really unwell contact your g.p.

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Yeah the LFTs I have are nasal swab only so I don't think eating/drinking is an issue? Although I have been using decongestant spray now you mention it In any case I'll keep testing, thank you x "

If you can reach into the back of your throat with the swab I would try. Last time I had COVID, when I was testing negative in my nose I was positive in my throat for 4 more days!

Stop testing,

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Stop testing, "

No. I have chronic illnesses and I want to a) reduce my risk of getting it and b) if I do get it I don't want to pass it on to anyone, especially not someone whose health could also be adversely affected.

Yep I give a damn about other people.

Manchester (she/her)

"Stop testing, "

No thanks. I want to exercise personal responsibility, empower myself with knowledge, and do what I feel is right.

I support personal choice and responsibility. Isn't that what the rabid anti Covid mob want? Or was that only a convenient slogan to legitimise breaking public health law and having blatant disregard for others?

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I've felt shitty since Friday and tested negative every day until today.

I haven't been out of the house, or around other people, in that time.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"Dear oh dear. Is this still a thing?

Come by, come by. "

Yes, it is. And numbers are going up.

By *andB 2020Couple  over a year ago

manchester

No they’re not and that’s been proven so many times.

Try quercitine, Mullein and high vitamin D to help

Tests really don’t give you anything but worry

Hope you get well soon. Rest up

No they’re not and that’s been proven so many times.

Try quercitine, Mullein and high vitamin D to help

Tests really don’t give you anything but worry

Hope you get well soon. Rest up"

An LFT test is as good as the human being doing the test.

Winston

Why did they stop using it in America

Manchester (she/her)

"Why did they stop using it in America "

Because they brought in tests that tested for multiple things instead of just one.

Not because it doesn't work, which the fraudsters would like you to believe

"Why did they stop using it in America

Because they brought in tests that tested for multiple things instead of just one.

Not because it doesn't work, which the fraudsters would like you to believe "

This. ^^^^^

Winston

They stopped LFT test in America relating to the accuracy of them. So not fit for purpose. But we still use them. Why.

"They stopped LFT test in America relating to the accuracy of them. So not fit for purpose. But we still use them. Why. "

Asked and answered. Read up.

Winston

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

I felt so ill for two days and tested negative, but then I tested positive

Manchester (she/her)

"They stopped LFT test in America relating to the accuracy of them. So not fit for purpose. But we still use them. Why. "

Because you've been misled

They use LFTs, which are a type of antigen test. They specifically had an issue with a particular brand of LFT being used in the UK through the free tests, a year ago.

Given the time that's elapsed and that the overwhelming majority of us no longer have access to free tests, it's no longer an issue.

Source: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/stop-using-innova-medical-group-sars-cov-2-antigen-rapid-qualitative-test-fda-safety-communication (US government website, refers to antigen tests)

By *urreypair1Couple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

There were 4 of us at a large event in France, 4 days later we all had the same , fever , sore throat headache. Things progressed to chesty coughs and tiredness .

3 firm positive tests and one who never once tested positive.

Dr was consulted due to a downward spiral for the neg tested who could not explain the negs but said it was almost certainly the same strain of covid .

And yes was using same test kits and living with one of the others.

No ryhme or reason.

By *igcock9iMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Whats wrong with having covid its only a cold renamed I already had it last year its nothing

"Whats wrong with having covid its only a cold renamed I already had it last year its nothing"

Two years + we've been at this. It's hard to comprehend how ignorant some people still around what Covid is and isn't.

You were fortunate. Many many others were not. Your experience isn't the yardstick for the rest of the planet.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"Whats wrong with having covid its only a cold renamed I already had it last year its nothing"

Siri, ask me how this is going in five years

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Tell that to the near on 200,000 people who died with it

Surely after two years of this you must have read up that it isn't mild for everyone

"Whats wrong with having covid its only a cold renamed I already had it last year its nothing

Tell that to the near on 200,000 people who died with it

Surely after two years of this you must have read up that it isn't mild for everyone"

Or that it isn't a renamed cold.

It's like the last 2 years and literally millions of pages of research never happened.

Winston

peterborough

Yeah I’ll tell this to my friend who lost 4 of her friends to this ‘cold’ - all under 40 years old. And I’ll also mention it to my other friend who lost his mum and grandmother within 2 weeks of each other to it.

Manchester (she/her)

"Whats wrong with having covid its only a cold renamed I already had it last year its nothing

Yeah I’ll tell this to my friend who lost 4 of her friends to this ‘cold’ - all under 40 years old. And I’ll also mention it to my other friend who lost his mum and grandmother within 2 weeks of each other to it. "

My relative who used to run marathons is waiting for their clearance for couch to 5k, too Not as bad as death, and I'm grateful they're still here, but yeah. A cold...

Two years + we've been at this. It's hard to comprehend how ignorant some people still around what Covid is and isn't.

You were fortunate. Many many others were not. Your experience isn't the yardstick for the rest of the planet.

Winston "

. Total nonsense. Are you still not understanding ? .His experience is the yardstick. For some 99% of people who get covid it is little more than a bad cold or mild flu symptoms. He wasn’t “fortunate”, his experience is the norm.

Winston .

Total nonsense. Are you still not understanding ? .His experience is the yardstick. For some 99% of people who get covid it is little more than a bad cold or mild flu symptoms. He wasn’t “fortunate”, his experience is the norm. "

Covid is not a cold renamed.

He was very fortunate. Thousands died of Covid.

Thousands have life long health challenges due to long Covid.

The vaccines have improved the situation for all of us.

People are still catching Covid and suffering Ill health, I'd hate to think how much worse they would be suffering without the vaccines.

As I said. 2 years.......

Winston

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

will the test make you better?

Winston .

Total nonsense. Are you still not understanding ? .His experience is the yardstick. For some 99% of people who get covid it is little more than a bad cold or mild flu symptoms. He wasn’t “fortunate”, his experience is the norm.

People are still catching Covid and suffering Ill health, I'd hate to think how much worse they would be suffering without the vaccines.

Winston "

. Er yes we all know there are people catching covid and suffering ill health. There have always been and always will be people suffering from ill health in many many ways. To say that someone recovering from covid is very fortunate is still nonsense. Statistically nearly everyone does. And why are you banging on about how much worse things would be without vaccines ? Clearly your glass is someway short of half full.

Winston .

Total nonsense. Are you still not understanding ? .His experience is the yardstick. For some 99% of people who get covid it is little more than a bad cold or mild flu symptoms. He wasn’t “fortunate”, his experience is the norm.

Winston . Er yes we all know there are people catching covid and suffering ill health. There have always been and always will be people suffering from ill health in many many ways. To say that someone recovering from covid is very fortunate is still nonsense. Statistically nearly everyone does. And why are you banging on about how much worse things would be without vaccines ? Clearly your glass is someway short of half full. "

Oh dear.......

Winston

By *ctionnotwords69Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

I suffered from high temperature/fever, headaches and sore throat over a period of about a week. But had no other symptoms ( no cough, no runny nose, no loss of taste/smell). Yet I was testing daily (LFT) negative in run-up and through out illness

» Add a new message to this topic