FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > How long did it take you to get over Covid

How long did it take you to get over Covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itsAndTaff OP   Couple  over a year ago

Grays, Essex

**Please don't come at me with any it doesn't exist chat or you've just got to get on with your life stuff**

I respect everyone's opinions but this thread is purely to try and help me get an idea when this hacking cough will do one (currently on day 11/12)

Because this wife's horny and is in desperate need of some extra cock

& whether or not covid is real or not, the breathlessness & the sounds like a 60 a day (even though I don't) smokers cough isn't a turn on for anyone even if I were to put a bag over my head

*again please keep this helpful & light hearted*

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

My ability to taste has finally returned after two years.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"**Please don't come at me with any it doesn't exist chat or you've just got to get on with your life stuff**

I respect everyone's opinions but this thread is purely to try and help me get an idea when this hacking cough will do one (currently on day 11/12)

& whether or not covid is real or not, the breathlessness & the sounds like a 60 a day (even though I don't) smokers cough isn't a turn on for anyone even if I were to put a bag over my head

*again please keep this helpful & light hearted* "

I tested positive on the Sunday and was negative the following Sunday but very few symptoms. Minor cough and sore throat

Grays, Essex

"My ability to taste has finally returned after two years."

Nooo

Thankfully I never lost my sense of taste, I think I've been lucky as I was convinced it was hayfever the first few days but this fuzzy headedness, breathlessness from just walking up the stairs and then cough from the breathlessness just isn't shifting

Like I say body wise I'm fine, I'm horny as f*%# but couldn't have a meet unless they chopped my head off lol

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

I had it 2 weeks ago.

I've still got the awful cough so can't offer much help there

after sex the coughing and breathlessness is awful

I couldnt catch it, despite living in a house where others did. That didnt want me either

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

For three days I had the worst headache and sore throat in my life! Then took about ten days to get back to full fitness / energy levels etc.

By *ister CMan  over a year ago

liverpool

3 days...

had sore legs and hips...

Loss of taste for 1 day...

Fatigue was maybe 10 to 12 days...

Tested positive for 12 days.

However... ive had worse colds tbh...

Its all feels like something of an extreme overreaction imo.

Norfolk East anglia

"I couldnt catch it, despite living in a house where others did. That didnt want me either "

I was the same, even worked surrounded by people who were getting it and it didn't want me until 2 weeks ago

Grays, Essex

"3 days...

had sore legs and hips...

Loss of taste for 1 day...

Fatigue was maybe 10 to 12 days...

Tested positive for 12 days.

However... ive had worse colds tbh...

Its all feels like something of an extreme overreaction imo."

Lol couldn't help yourself could ya haha

I've definitely had worse coughs and colds too but I wouldn't meet with one of those either

I have no issue gagging on a nice cock but I'd rather not be doing it just because I've said about 20 words & now can't stop coughing, spoils the mood a bit before we've even got started

Grays, Essex

"I couldnt catch it, despite living in a house where others did. That didnt want me either

I was the same, even worked surrounded by people who were getting it and it didn't want me until 2 weeks ago "

It's my first time too

Im not to bad during the day as I'm home alone but as soon as my husband gets home from work and I start talking that's it the coughing starts and I feel dreadful the rest of the night

Hope you're on the mend soon x

Grays, Essex

"I couldnt catch it, despite living in a house where others did. That didnt want me either "

Im sure that's not true haha, although I don't wish it on you

Grays, Essex

"For three days I had the worst headache and sore throat in my life! Then took about ten days to get back to full fitness / energy levels etc. "

It seems up to 2 weeks is about average I don't know why I thought everyone was better within a few days especially since the jabs

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

i had it bout 4 weeks ago tested ok after a few days but cant shake cough off at all and lacking in energy all time can just fall asleep any time of day and get out of breath walking relatively short distances

Grays, Essex

"i had it bout 4 weeks ago tested ok after a few days but cant shake cough off at all and lacking in energy all time can just fall asleep any time of day and get out of breath walking relatively short distances "

That's exactly me, it's driving me mad I'm sure the humidity & pollen count isn't helping

Wishing you better soon x

By *eliusMan  over a year ago

Henlow

"For three days I had the worst headache and sore throat in my life! Then took about ten days to get back to full fitness / energy levels etc.

It seems up to 2 weeks is about average I don't know why I thought everyone was better within a few days especially since the jabs "

It really depends. My second bout (after jabs) was about 7 days. I’ve know jabbed people hospitalised, others ok after 2-3 days others several months. I’m currently testing now after my 3rd bought as I feel crap. Precautionary only as I’m a sports coach, I’m convinced I have something else. Fingers and legs crossed

Grays, Essex

"For three days I had the worst headache and sore throat in my life! Then took about ten days to get back to full fitness / energy levels etc.

It seems up to 2 weeks is about average I don't know why I thought everyone was better within a few days especially since the jabs

It really depends. My second bout (after jabs) was about 7 days. I’ve know jabbed people hospitalised, others ok after 2-3 days others several months. I’m currently testing now after my 3rd bought as I feel crap. Precautionary only as I’m a sports coach, I’m convinced I have something else. Fingers and legs crossed "

Hope you're feeling better soon

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

It'll be difficult to get a consensus I think as it's such a random disease

Some don't even know they had it

Others get long covid and it's now a permanent condition

People who aren't (on the face of it) particularly healthy shrug it off like nothing

Others who you'd think are healthy as a horse are crippled by it

I hope it soon buggers off and leaves you recover

By *rMs.NeekCouple  over a year ago

Worcestershire

I had it in Dec 2021 and still have effects now. Joint pain and stiffness. Severe fatigue and headaches. Under investigation by GP but no answers or help

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

I felt mildly ill for 5 days to beginning with then absolutely awful for about 4 days

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

Begin*

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Caught in November. Partner infected a few days before, tried to avoid each other tested every day I showed positive day 6 no symptoms till 3 days later. Gradually my breathing got worse. One night on oxygen then lots of steroids. Struggled to walk more then a few yards for about 6 weeks. Gradually got better, get my lung function tested for work it was only 60% of before in March. Thankfully I would say I am pretty much better now was pretty fit before did half marathons etc before think I am just about ready. I also lost 2 and half stone only weighed about 10 to start with. It was difficult to put that back on still not quiet back to my old weight.

By *ork ClassCouple  over a year ago

Cork

12 hrs

Grays, Essex

"Caught in November. Partner infected a few days before, tried to avoid each other tested every day I showed positive day 6 no symptoms till 3 days later. Gradually my breathing got worse. One night on oxygen then lots of steroids. Struggled to walk more then a few yards for about 6 weeks. Gradually got better, get my lung function tested for work it was only 60% of before in March. Thankfully I would say I am pretty much better now was pretty fit before did half marathons etc before think I am just about ready. I also lost 2 and half stone only weighed about 10 to start with. It was difficult to put that back on still not quiet back to my old weight."

Oh my goodness glad your ok now

By *oody HuddsonMan  over a year ago

sexy town

I was bad for about a month but really effected my fitness very quickly (usual very active climbing, mountaineering, running swimming and walking dogs twice a day) was about a month till I could take dogs on a long walk and 2-3months before doing other activities. I do have CFS / ME so it could have affected them

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Caught in November. Partner infected a few days before, tried to avoid each other tested every day I showed positive day 6 no symptoms till 3 days later. Gradually my breathing got worse. One night on oxygen then lots of steroids. Struggled to walk more then a few yards for about 6 weeks. Gradually got better, get my lung function tested for work it was only 60% of before in March. Thankfully I would say I am pretty much better now was pretty fit before did half marathons etc before think I am just about ready. I also lost 2 and half stone only weighed about 10 to start with. It was difficult to put that back on still not quiet back to my old weight.

Oh my goodness glad your ok now "

Thank you it's been a long road but I am ok now.

By *hors fantasyCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

A few days maybe 5 max

By *lex.and.SexCouple  over a year ago

Bedale

A week till I was back to work (online)

Two weeks till I was completely done with it

By *andboyMan  over a year ago

Calne

About a month for to start to feel functional again, but the brain fog and loss of taste too about 3-4 months to clear. My toothpaste tasted of fish while I had it!!!!

By *ore4fundevonCouple  over a year ago

West Devon

Mr Had hay fever symptoms for an afternoon and was tired the next day then other than testing positive for a 9 days afterwards, it was gone.

Mrs had head aches and a cold on and off for about 3 weeks.

Came and went in about 36 hours in both kids.

By *ig boy builderMan  over a year ago

Norwich

24hrs, had a blocked nose and slight cough then next day fine

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

Still fatigued, sense of smell is still screwed up and so is taste.

9 months since I first tested clear

By *utdooorsyguyMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

I got away very lightly, sore throat and a cough, gone after about two weeks

"**Please don't come at me with any it doesn't exist chat or you've just got to get on with your life stuff**

12hrs and 4 paracetamol. Tested positive for 9 days tho but felt fine so just stayed home and enjoyed drinking beer in the garden. Unjabbed too

Grays, Essex

"Still fatigued, sense of smell is still screwed up and so is taste.

9 months since I first tested clear"

Oh no losing my taste or smell is one of my biggest fears,

Hope your symptoms clear soon x

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"I couldnt catch it, despite living in a house where others did. That didnt want me either

Im sure that's not true haha, although I don't wish it on you "

Daughter had it in March, over ut within 3 days. I looked after her, spent time together in same room but both had masks on. I got away with it, she stopped showing positive on day 4, chesty cough for two weeks.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Approximately 3 months for me but I caught it Oct 2018 felt pure crap ok after a month and a half few days then boom felt like I was dying

Tested positive today got back from Spain yesterday so must of caught it while over there. Just thought it was a mild cold slight headache sore throat and bit of a cough, other than that feel ok, hopefully stay like it

Never had covid..but it varies. People I know have taken from a few days to several weeks..even then can take months for smell and taste to get back to normal.

I'll let you know, I'm currently on day 4.

What's with the damn sneezing? I've not heard of anyone else sneezing lots.

By *mynclMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Im on day six and this cough just started, was feeling nearly normal on day 5.

The fever, cough and fatigue lasted a week or so. But the breathlessness after any exertion (as minor as walking up stairs) took over three months to go. It effects people in so many different ways.

By *andykevin53Man  over a year ago

Grays

Never had it so wouldn’t know. The tests are only 7% accurate anyway

Grays, Essex

"I'll let you know, I'm currently on day 4.

What's with the damn sneezing? I've not heard of anyone else sneezing lots. "

I know I was convinced I had hayfever, didn't even bother testing for the first 5 days it was only because I had a hospital appointment and I knew they might question my sneezing etc

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I was very lucky, the effects were minor for me and the symptoms that I did have lasted three days. Anita was a little worse than me but still not too bad, she was generally unwell for about a week but struggled with breathlessness during a brisk walk (or anything more strenuous) for about a couple of months

Cal

Norfolk East anglia

I was the same, even worked surrounded by people who were getting it and it didn't want me until 2 weeks ago

It's my first time too

Im not to bad during the day as I'm home alone but as soon as my husband gets home from work and I start talking that's it the coughing starts and I feel dreadful the rest of the night

Hope you're on the mend soon x"

The cough is the only thing now and it's nowhere near as bad as it was

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

3 weeks but I didn't have it very badly. I was back to work after having it over the weekend then 3 days after that. Was somewhere between a bad cold and flu for me. Still coughing a bit though.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Day eight and i still feel like shit!

The headache is gone, but the coughing and breathlessness remain. The aches and pains have mostly gone but the extreme tiredness remains. I work from home but didn't have the strength to get out of bed.

By *idlandiaMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I can only assume iv had it and was asymptomatic. Literally everyone I work with has had it and been near me whilst infectious and my family have had it too.

I (F) had Covid in Feb, I tested positive for 10 days and was really ill with it…I still feel really knackered now and my chest is a bit rattly sometimes but it’s all gradually going away. Hope you’re feeling better soon x

By *arky300Man  over a year ago

Doncaster

Everyone's different with it, took me 3 month first time as was out of breath alot still. Had it again lst week only few days bad chest tho luckily

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

At one stage I had so much fluid on my lungs that I could actually hear myself breathing, but that only lasted about 3-4 days.

It became so bad at one stage, that I decided that if it got much worse by the morning, I would have to phone someone; I weathered the storm and very slowly improved.

I was coughing up handfuls if phlegm/mucus!

Recovery is a protracted process.

By *TDHGentMan  over a year ago

Worcs

I'm not sure that the new COVID home test will test positive for a common COVID cold?

By *leasureman123Man  over a year ago

Manchester

6 days in still achey, cough comes and goes, sneezing as well, which is a common symptom of the new omicron.

Had it for the first time last week of March. It left me with the worst chest infection, could barely breathe. Now 3 months on, I'm still struggling with a tight chest. I have never suffered with my chest before Covid I honestly didn't think it would hit me so hard but remained cautious for my family.

Still got long covid it’s been 18 months

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I had it at new year and was quite unwell for several days. On my first day negative (day 8 I think) I struggled to walk half a mile to the shops, I'd ran a marathon less than 2 weeks earlier and couldn't believe the toll it took. It took me about 10 days after testing negative to feel like I could exercise, weirdly I felt strong as soon as I got back in the gym but took about another 6 weeks before I felt I had regained my aerobic fitness.

In short, about weeks to feel okay about 2 months to be back to normal

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

5 days.

felt like a crappy hangover and i was a bit tired.

That was it.

By *ristol BiteMan  over a year ago

all over

I have it at the moment, I've managed to avoid it till now.

The past two days there's been points when my temperature was 39.5 and I felt really confused and unable to put together a basic sentence.

The headache, bad throat, general full body aches are bloody awful. It's amazing how it effects people in very different ways.

I've still got my sense of smell and taste though, so there's that!

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Longbridge, Birmingham

It took me about 5 days from initial symptoms to having nothing other than a cough. That bugger hangs around for about 2 weeks.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

I had a sore throat and felt a bit under par for about 3 days however, I was still testing positive for about a week.

By *ashedMan  over a year ago

hemel

Luckily I didn't get it

3 days swearing...

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

First time I had it last August- it wasn't bad, but lasted 10ish days.

Second time I had it mid chemotherapy- one day.

Missus

Just tested negative for 1st time in 10 days. Most symptoms gone but still really tired.

Triple vaxxed.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Contracted it early April this year.

Experienced half a day of light fever and muscle aches. 3 days with a bad strep throat and a bit snotty. Tested negative on LFT's on day 6 and 7. Back to work on day 8. Was essentially symptom free by day 5.

Unvaxxed.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"3 days swearing..."

Early onset of tourettes is an unusual side effect.

By *lofeldMan  over a year ago

Redhill

Tested positive this morning, double vaxxed, the concentration levels of a goldfish, but not too bad apart from aches. Weekend ruined though

By *unner6969Man  over a year ago

Herts

Tested positive today - mild sore throat and sniffles plus occasional coughing. I’ve had this since Monday (thought it was just hay fever). Hoping it will go away swiftly.

By *orestToyMan  over a year ago

New Forest

About 8 days from symptoms & positive to negative & almost entirely back to normal, but that’s off the back of being really rather fit & heathy beforehand. Loads of bit C, D & cod liver oil daily - so it’s all relative. But good luck me man…it was horrid.

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman  over a year ago

Happy Town;-)

Lay back put pillow over ya head and let her bounce on top lol, get some buttercup cough mixture mix in warm water, also the best way is to rub

vicks on to your feet generously put cotton socks on at bedtime it really works

By *T SwingersCouple  over a year ago

Brazil

10 days in March 2020 after contracting it on a cruise, probably from the guy we had threesome with in our cabin. I didn't show symptoms until the day after arriving back in Brazil.

I was in bed for the whole time and lost 6 kilos and at one point didn't think I'd make it.

I didn't want to go to hospital here in Brazil but thankfully recovered.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

"Tested positive today - mild sore throat and sniffles plus occasional coughing. I’ve had this since Monday (thought it was just hay fever). Hoping it will go away swiftly."

That's how I started infact the hayfever symptoms started 7 days before I tested but it was probably 3/4 days later I got extreme tiredness which made me think oh it's a cold, still didn't Dawn in me it could be Covid

It's now 3 weeks later and the breathless ness and occasional coughing finally stopped yesterday

Wishing you a speedy recovery

By *aramedic999Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

It does vary from person to person but after 2 weeks you should turn the corner... lots feel fatigued for quite a while though

By *ndy1410Man  over a year ago

london

I’ve still no taste or smell after 18 months, had blood clots from covid, and have just been diagnosed with long covid

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

First time was initially mild but then followed by 6 months of really bad migraines, caught second times 3 weeks ago. Still feeling tired but otherwise ok

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I wasn’t bad with it in February. But do have lasting breathlessness . Had X-rays , certainly left me more tired . Maybe that is just getting older

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"First time was initially mild but then followed by 6 months of really bad migraines, caught second times 3 weeks ago. Still feeling tired but otherwise ok"

Almost identical... a good 6 months with lingering pains in thighs and short of breath

By * U mineMan  over a year ago

Fun

Shit 3 days, Day 7, seems to be ok, just a little lifeless, though ready for the gym.

By *unner6969Man  over a year ago

Herts

"Tested positive today - mild sore throat and sniffles plus occasional coughing. I’ve had this since Monday (thought it was just hay fever). Hoping it will go away swiftly.

That's how I started infact the hayfever symptoms started 7 days before I tested but it was probably 3/4 days later I got extreme tiredness which made me think oh it's a cold, still didn't Dawn in me it could be Covid

It's now 3 weeks later and the breathless ness and occasional coughing finally stopped yesterday

Wishing you a speedy recovery "

Wow, that’s worrying - I need it to be gone by Sunday, at the latest!

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

"Still fatigued, sense of smell is still screwed up and so is taste.

9 months since I first tested clear

Oh no losing my taste or smell is one of my biggest fears,

Hope your symptoms clear soon x"

Tested positive again 5 days in this time xx

By *ral DMan  over a year ago

Leicestershire

My lungs are fucked since having covid, i now run out of breath just putting my socks on, it gets better during the day but if i try to run it feels like im gonna have an asthma attack and ive never had asthma. Also my brain goes completely blank, its like every now and then my dictionary has been erased, and its waiting to re boot. I forgot a co workers name the other day and i have worked with them for 20 years. The memory side seems to be getting worse, not better. But the Drs dont give a crap.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Managed to stay covid free so far (unless I had it without symptoms and just didn't know), but my son had it. Bit of a sore throat and runny nose for about 3 days and that was it for him thankfully.

You really can't tell what it'll do to different people. My friend had it, had every symptom imaginable and really sick for a week. 3 weeks later she's still stuck with tinnitus (which apparently can happen with covid as well) x

By *unsexual MemelordWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

I'm nearly at a week of having it myself, and I'm already feeling better, haven't coughed much at all for 24 hours, though my chest still aches. I have a friend who wasn't right for months, took weeks for her cough to ease off. Seems to be varying wildly per the individual. I hope you get past it soon.

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

4 minutes

By *arney MagrewMan  over a year ago

Taplow

First time round March 2020 it lasted 10 weeks.

Jan this year about 3-4 week after being negative.

Had covid in May 2020

Still no smell or taste

Long term covid

Doctors and hospital think smell and taste could never return it is what it is and I’m still alive and happy to be

By *ikeErosMan  over a year ago

dublin

Everyone seams to be different, I've known people to recover after a week or 2 others months to a year still having side effects. I tested positive COVID but never once had a cough or any other symptoms. Hope you recover quickly.

By *amsgateManMan  over a year ago

Ramsgate

I contracted Covid back in March and the first week was absolutely horrible - took me a couple of weeks to get over the worst of it and start testing negative.

Still get the occasional bouts of breathlessness, but just about back to normal (fingers crossed!)

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

A few day. Totally no symptoms. I only took a test because my daughter needed to take one. She was ok. Not believing it I took another one, still positive. So booked a PCR test for the next day, also positive. So I enjoyed a few days off work being left alone by the kids and feeling perfectly tip-top.

By *iggingMan  over a year ago

Oldham

I had it and felt like I had a bad cold for one day then fine after that..positive for 5 days but negative after that.

all over

Tested positive on Monday, I'm still getting over 38 temperature with pounding headache.

Earlier today I started to chok-e as my throat was so filled up with catarrh and phlegm and I couldn't get a breath until I slowed down.

It was bloody terrifying, it's insane how differently this hits people.

By *hellebelleWoman  over a year ago

ashford

Had Covid back in March… still with lingering terrible cough, tightness in my chest, no sense of smell or taste and just feel like I’ve been hit by a bus by late afternoon with zero energy.

Long term Covid apparently

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

Just got over our 4th Covid infection.

By *iving for todayMan  over a year ago

stirling

took me ages and a course of antibiotics to get rid of my lung infection stay strong

By *ornyinmancMan  over a year ago

salford

A day or so and i felt fine again. But still tested positive for a few more days. TBH Had worse hangovers than that

Had no vaccine jab either which is good job going off some off these comments by those who are fully jabbed and who were ill for weeks from the virus

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Sean here I had it Jan 21 after having it for 6 days I ended up in hospital for a week. Off work for 2 weeks after getting out. Fully for after another 6 weeks. On Monday I tested positive again, felt like shit all week but tested negative still feel crap and my breathing is getting worse. Hopefully not heading for a repeat of last time

Fun

"4 minutes "

Covid or sex ?

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"Tested positive on Monday, I'm still getting over 38 temperature with pounding headache.

Earlier today I started to chok-e as my throat was so filled up with catarrh and phlegm and I couldn't get a breath until I slowed down.

It was bloody terrifying, it's insane how differently this hits people."

Get some menthol or a nasal stick

By *questMan  over a year ago

peterborough

Hot drinks, inhalation, whatever works to clear your chest. The coughing is awful. So you sleep badly & feel knocked out, etc..

Had it 3 months ago. past couple of weeks felt like had a mild form, but still tight chest & the cough to some extent. Tired, bit shaky & lightheaded.

Hits people in differnt ways. And it can come back as Long Covid later, even if it was mild first.

Reality - its hitting lots of people because everyone thinks its gone. Its hasnt

By *cruffymooWoman  over a year ago

Skelmersdale

I had it 12 weeks ago for the first time, tested negative one day then positive not even 24 hours later.

Ached in every joint, fuzzy head, spaced out, couldn't keep the temperature under control, coughing like you wouldn't believe & the exhaustion was horrendous.

Still tested positive at 2 weeks, ended up 5 weeks off work (after April 1st)

Still not right now, productive cough, sob. So just to add insult to injury I now have a full on cold & laryngitis.

Shoot me now!

About two weeks to feel normal again, I’m now 4 weeks since symptoms began, and the cough has gone. If you feel short of breath with it, you might benefit from a short course with an inhaler, just to help your tubes open up.

I didn’t have the loss of taste/smell thankfully

"I had it 12 weeks ago for the first time, tested negative one day then positive not even 24 hours later.

Ached in every joint, fuzzy head, spaced out, couldn't keep the temperature under control, coughing like you wouldn't believe & the exhaustion was horrendous.

Still tested positive at 2 weeks, ended up 5 weeks off work (after April 1st)

Still not right now, productive cough, sob. So just to add insult to injury I now have a full on cold & laryngitis.

Shoot me now!

"

Ask your GP if you might benefit from a reliever inhaler to help open your tubes

Think I have covid again do lateral flow later I give up smoking about three weeks ago as well so chest is susceptible to infection

I still suffer from long covid symptoms from 1.5 years ago

Although much better. Caught it 31st Dec my bloody bday 2020 but was going out walking miles and miles after. It screwed my lungs up mostly

Always up for fun though. Just need plenty of hydration

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Months for me. I had covid at Christmas and I still have a bit of a cough. Yes, it did sound as if I smoked as well. Mostly coughing at night but it eased off a lot now. Don’t think we’ll ever know what the long term effects may be.

Hope you feel better soon OP.

By *ady CurvaceousWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Had it last week for second time. Just a headache and a bit tired this time round

Just done lateral flow

Got it again

Not as bad this time just cold

Head banging like shit house door

By *ixi n DogCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

About a week. Bad head and night sweats for a few days at the start, was about it. (Unjabbed, if it matters..)

I've just been to party at No 10 no sign of it there

By *hirleyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I had the 'smokers cough' for about 3-4 weeks, amongst other symptoms at the start apart from smell and taste was fine, then small amount of fatigue occasionally. I'd say it lasted 2 months before I felt myself again.

I was positive for 14 days - barely any symptoms though slight cough and lost my voice that was it

"My ability to taste has finally returned after two years.

Nooo

Thankfully I never lost my sense of taste, I think I've been lucky as I was convinced it was hayfever the first few days but this fuzzy headedness, breathlessness from just walking up the stairs and then cough from the breathlessness just isn't shifting

Like I say body wise I'm fine, I'm horny as f*%# but couldn't have a meet unless they chopped my head off lol "

I had a virus 5 years ago lost taste and smell never returned

By *mie subCDTV/TS  over a year ago

Doncaster

Lucky for me I’ve just had it recently took about 3 days before I felt better and back on my feet x

Third day of self isolation did another lateral flow this morning still positive

By *lubchuckerMan  over a year ago

Oxfordshire

I had it April 20 and it took nearly 2 years to get back to anything like normal, loss of taste and smell took over a year to return properly, had blood clots on the lungs and liver damage caused by it too. Blood clots have been cleared with blood thinners and my liver is slowly recovering.

Its not the best way to spend last couple of years and on top of that i was pensioned off work on ill health grounds thanks to Covid but i'm now on the way back up hopefully.

Fun

"My ability to taste has finally returned after two years.

Nooo

Like I say body wise I'm fine, I'm horny as f*%# but couldn't have a meet unless they chopped my head off lol

I had a virus 5 years ago lost taste and smell never returned"

Sounds like it's you not the Chinese that started this shite.

Fun

"I had it April 20 and it took nearly 2 years to get back to anything like normal, loss of taste and smell took over a year to return properly, had blood clots on the lungs and liver damage caused by it too. Blood clots have been cleared with blood thinners and my liver is slowly recovering.

Its not the best way to spend last couple of years and on top of that i was pensioned off work on ill health grounds thanks to Covid but i'm now on the way back up hopefully."

And poor ill people moan, bad shit hope you get better soon.

By *tagandvixen200Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Two weeks! Thank god!

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

My sister has long covid (diagnosed) and is still suffering. She had covid April 2020

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

We had a headache and sore throat, that was all.

So lucky for us a few days.

I’m still suffering with long Covid; blood pressure is high and I am on medication for diabetes. I had neither 3 months before having Covid, when I had a full medical with work

Two days. I felt rough as hell on the Sunday, felt a bit better on Monday and was back to normal on Tuesday.

Still got no taste or smell since 2020 yes long Covid and picked it up again last week think my chest is more susceptible because I gave up smoking so fifth day in and still no sign of shifting it did another lateral flow this morning still positive just headaches and lethargic

First bout 2 years ago, lost sense of smell no other symptoms..this bout reallY bad cold for 3 days and ended my isolation today but the tiredness has really taken me by surprise

By *hubbycheckerMan  over a year ago

Porstmouth

I had it 2 years ago in December when it was pretty ryfe and to be totally honest I don't feel the same as I did before I had it, I get tired a lot easier than I ever did before.

By *hubbycheckerMan  over a year ago

Porstmouth

In terms of symptoms I slept 16 hours solid then had the worst head for about 4 days constant coffing and ached all over.

By *r Smooth2018Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

I've had a cough for 3 4 weeks and it's getting drier tested myself twice a week not covid but beginning to think it is long covid

By *andykevin53Man  over a year ago

Grays

When you turn off the news and stop listening to MSM propaganda

By *untime40Man  over a year ago

Greenwich

Had it for 2 weeks no taste or smell felt like shit and struggled to catch breath

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Can't speak for myself.

Ripped through my family at Christmas. The one who'd been boosted (60s, CEV) - main symptom was boredom being forced into quarantine for a week.

60s, healthy - about six weeks

30s, was the picture of health - not yet, possibly never.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I had a headache and a bit of a sniffle for a couple of days. No coughing or high temperature. The worst symptom was feeling fuzzy-headed for a few days. I was back to doing an hour long spin class three days after first testing positive.

all over

I would say doing a spin class breathing out heavily in a room that I would assume is filled with other people (unless it's via some app at home) is not a wise thing to do 3 days after testing positive...

Even with vaccines not everyone is so lucky, I know a few people who have died from it and many more who have had long term complications.

By *ngermungerMan  over a year ago

Surrey

Bear in mind nobody has had the flu since March 19. am dying to hear someone cough in the street again

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

"I would say doing a spin class breathing out heavily in a room that I would assume is filled with other people (unless it's via some app at home) is not a wise thing to do 3 days after testing positive...

Even with vaccines not everyone is so lucky, I know a few people who have died from it and many more who have had long term complications."

I did say doing a spin class, not attending a spin class...unless they're invisible, there's not anyone in my dining room for me to infect

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Caught it either at airport or on holiday ,slight cough and a little out of breath walking up stairs , have had worse ,took ten days before I proved negative , Was told I had to work , so it does excist , should be treated like any other illness now except for those who are unfortunate enough to get it bad

By *omcumdumperMan  over a year ago

Chippenham

Caught at Glastonbury Festival, cold like symptoms for 3 days, thought I was over it, then returned with a vengeance to my chest. Breathlessness for a week, heavy cough, moving on to runny nose and thick green phlegm for 5 days. First negative test at day 15. Feeling much better now though thankfully. Glad I'm vaccinated as I seem a bit susceptible.

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Just had it luckily not too bad 5 days to give a neg result

M

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Around 14 hours, started pounding headache at work, body ache, didn't want to eat, sore throat. But I continued on with my hard day's work and took no painkillers. By 2am all symptoms gone.

Was still positive for like 3days after. But no symptoms after 14 hours. Wife and kids had it same time but was unwell for week or two.

I didn't take any vaccines.

I use Garmin Vo2 max estimation and it has took from January to now to get back to full fitness

By *adForGood69Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

I was hospitalised with covid and pneumonia together in 2020 and still haven't fully recovered.my breathing can get dodgy now and again.

Recently found a 'shadow' on my lung.

Had a ct scan and awaiting the results.

I'm praying that it is covid and not anything more sinister

1st time 6 days (mild cough)

2nd time didn’t even know I had it and only tested positive for 3 days

Two jags and booster here

BRIDGEND

To the OP I hope you recover fully and quickly, but I don't think there's really an answer to your question

I had it a couple weeks ago. I was rougher than a bears arse after he skipped his last waxing appointment for 3 days, then I was fine (I'm completely unvaccinated)

My parents both had it (both fully vaccinated and boosted as they're both in their upper 60s)

My father was rough for a few days and has been fine for a while but only recently stopped testing positive (as a side note his sense of taste is still a bit off and he's found covonia to help the chesty cough he's had since)

My mother (who got it from my father a couple of day's after his first positive test) has only just yesterday stopped testing positive (after a week or slightly more) and has lost 10 lbs and told me it was worse than the chemo she had for her breast cancer some year's back

I really don't think you can get a definitive answer on this I'm sorry, but regardless, I hope you heal up soon

BRIDGEND

"1st time 6 days (mild cough)

Two jags and booster here"

They gave you two Jags? That's a hell of an incentive

By *adForGood69Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

Saying it seems like an overreaction is a bit harsh.i was in hospital with it and saw people die in my ward and got to hear their last phone calls to their families.it was horrendous to watch

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Still working on it, 40 months and counting.

By *obtributeMan  over a year ago

Somerset

Fortunately for us it was just about a week. Only symptoms were a loss of taste, temperature and a feeling of tiredness.

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

I had it first time last July, then long covid issues until December. Woke up each morning with what felt like the worst hangover ever, every day for over 6 months. Plus migraines during the day with sight issues. Then caught it again last month but thankfully all fine now. That why I can’t stand the complete idiots that say it’s no worse than a cold or Flu

I had it 3 months ago and get breathless at times , it sucks

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

Still not totally shaken in 18 months on

Still get breathless. Fatigued. Pains.

Took Tezza almost a year to feel right.

By *ensual pleasures 69Man  over a year ago

leeds

Never knew I had it until I developed serious cough and breathlessness even though I’ve tested negative, dr said that this is new wave of it, I’ve felt shit for over two weeks now.

Hope you all start feeling better soon.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

I had it for the first time a few weeks ago. Awful sore throat, but over the worst in about a week. Have been negative for a week or so now, but nowhere near back to normal. Low on energy, still coughing.

henley on thames

"1st time 6 days (mild cough)

Two jags and booster here

They gave you two Jags? That's a hell of an incentive "

Two jags … a lap dance from John Prescott

I never contracted it thankfully

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Honestly it took me weeks. Maybe a couple of months until I was back to “normal”.

Time before that, well, let’s not go there.

Never caught it. Must be lucky been in contact with Covid infected. One time I was in a pub with five mates and they all came down with Covid and I was ok?

henley on thames

"Never caught it. Must be lucky been in contact with Covid infected. One time I was in a pub with five mates and they all came down with Covid and I was ok?"

Good for you!

I had a few instances like that too, and then I got it.

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

My mom and I both had it earlier this month, and probably had it for a week to week and a half. I started feeling off around July 2nd, but I tested negative so I chalked it up from being overheated and dehydrated. Then my mom started feeling off on the 4th, but like me, figured it was just from being outside in the heat. We both tested positive on the 5th. Ended up testing negative 5 days after that, but the cough is just now clearing up.

henley on thames

"My mom and I both had it earlier this month, and probably had it for a week to week and a half. I started feeling off around July 2nd, but I tested negative so I chalked it up from being overheated and dehydrated. Then my mom started feeling off on the 4th, but like me, figured it was just from being outside in the heat. We both tested positive on the 5th. Ended up testing negative 5 days after that, but the cough is just now clearing up."

How do you feel other than the cough?

My timeline is a few days later than yours and I feel fine most do the time but I fade badly in the middle of the day and sleep solid for 2-3 hours

By *llegroCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I was (bed bound) ill for 2 weeks. Weak for another 4.

5 months on, still got muscle and joint point and shortness of breath. Waiting for blood tests to establish if it's long covid.

By *nfinitylandMan  over a year ago

Leicester

It took me about a month to feel better again and about another month of feeling weak and tired. Honestly the worst I've ever felt in my life didn't think I was gonna pull through lol

About 2 days of being proper rough then like 2 weeks to get back to normal

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

"My mom and I both had it earlier this month, and probably had it for a week to week and a half. I started feeling off around July 2nd, but I tested negative so I chalked it up from being overheated and dehydrated. Then my mom started feeling off on the 4th, but like me, figured it was just from being outside in the heat. We both tested positive on the 5th. Ended up testing negative 5 days after that, but the cough is just now clearing up.

How do you feel other than the cough?

My timeline is a few days later than yours and I feel fine most do the time but I fade badly in the middle of the day and sleep solid for 2-3 hours "

I still get tired more easily as well after testing negative, if I'm home I end up taking a nap.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

2days and done I've had worse hangovers and I'm assuming it was the deadly alpha variant due to the time (early 2020)

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

Oh yeah un jabbed and un muzzled

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Oh yeah un jabbed and un muzzled "

This is something people actually say... in seriousness?

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Oh yeah un jabbed and un muzzled

This is something people actually say... in seriousness?"

Yes muzzles and face nappies, it's depressing terminology isn't it?

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh yeah un jabbed and un muzzled

This is something people actually say... in seriousness?

Yes muzzles and face nappies, it's depressing terminology isn't it?"

It's just a political battle cry. Like "virtue signalling", it just tells you the political allegiance of the person, and, if you're lucky, you might be able to translate the coded dialect into English.

By *inkxRabbitWoman  over a year ago

Wokingish

I caught it in March. Knocked me sideways foor 2 weeks, I tested positive for it for 13 days. I was tired for another month or so but no lasting effects.

By *tormexexexMan  over a year ago

LEEDS

Felt fuzzy headed on the Sunday like I'd been drinking was going from sweating buckets to shivering. Tested positive on Monday was negative by Thursday. My taste was still off for couple weeks after though, couldn't taste anything sweet

By *inkxRabbitWoman  over a year ago

Wokingish

I caught it in March. Knocked me sideways for 2 weeks, I tested positive for it for 13 days. I was tired for another month or so but no lasting effects.

luton

[Removed by poster at 22/07/22 08:23:03]

luton

I respect everyone's opinions but this thread is purely to try and help me get an idea when this hacking cough will do one (currently on day 11/12) only had slight cough and out of breath on stairs , other than that told to work as normal tho tested positive for 10 days , triple jabbed

Ive had it twice, and didnt really have any symptoms besides a little headache and a bit of a sore throat….felt like a hangover

Manchester (she/her)

I hope you're doing better, OP