FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Monkeypox -- New gay Epidemic/pandemic????

Monkeypox -- New gay Epidemic/pandemic????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you think monkeypox is the new gay Epidemic/pandemic? Some gay communities in the USA have fears that stigmatisation could make the Outbreak harder to stop.

I wasn't sexually active in the 80s but from what I have read and watched it looks like a similar approach to the 80s HIV/AIDS outbreak.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Do you think monkeypox is the new gay Epidemic/pandemic? Some gay communities in the USA have fears that stigmatisation could make the Outbreak harder to stop.

I wasn't sexually active in the 80s but from what I have read and watched it looks like a similar approach to the 80s HIV/AIDS outbreak."

Well posts like this certainly aren't going to help!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think that's the message that some are trying to spread.

I think it'll be just as gay exclusive as HIV. I just hope we know a bit better about stigmatising people in this day and age.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Do you think monkeypox is the new gay Epidemic/pandemic? Some gay communities in the USA have fears that stigmatisation could make the Outbreak harder to stop.

I wasn't sexually active in the 80s but from what I have read and watched it looks like a similar approach to the 80s HIV/AIDS outbreak."

Seems to me people stick their head in the sand with the facts about this particular outbreak. Not permitted, allowed to talk straight about it. From the UKHSA... "transmission continues to occur primarily within interconnected sexual network"... You have to read further to understand what "interconnected sexual networks" actually means.

Talk straight, target those spreading it and help them stop its spread.... Or not... In case someone is offended.

Manchester (she/her)

I wasn't sexually active in the 80s but from what I have read and watched it looks like a similar approach to the 80s HIV/AIDS outbreak.

Seems to me people stick their head in the sand with the facts about this particular outbreak. Not permitted, allowed to talk straight about it. From the UKHSA... "transmission continues to occur primarily within interconnected sexual network"... You have to read further to understand what "interconnected sexual networks" actually means.

Talk straight, target those spreading it and help them stop its spread.... Or not... In case someone is offended.

"

It used to be that we exercised the precautionary principle in public health.

Saying that it's only or predominantly MSM who get it, seems to me to be a way for everyone else to ignore the risk.

Bad for MSM, bad for everyone else.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Saying that it's only or predominantly MSM who get it, seems to me to be a way for everyone else to ignore the risk.

Bad for MSM, bad for everyone else."

Tin town

Bad for MSM, bad for everyone else."

But it is.. In the UK... It is. Don't like it maybe... But it is. Stop the spread there and the spread stops.. Or 94 percent of it... Its not stigma... Its not anything other than.

People are spreading it. Stop people spreading it and it goes away. There's no upside in dancing around it.

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

Ffs...here we go again..

The comparism between hiv/aids is ludicrous..Compare it with shingles by all means..not pleasant,but not fatal either and probably less painful.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anyone has died from monkeypox ( in europe)

Yes it is currently mainly men who have sex with men 99% of cases,this is a very different group of people than lumping gay men together.

Yes, that group is raising awareness, go to a gay sauna and you will see notices about the monkeypox virus everywhere and these places and frequented by many married( hetero) men.

Let's see what develops before the hysteria/ stigma arrives, many people on this site should know better.

Manchester (she/her)

But it is.. In the UK... It is. Don't like it maybe... But it is. Stop the spread there and the spread stops.. Or 94 percent of it... Its not stigma... Its not anything other than.

People are spreading it. Stop people spreading it and it goes away. There's no upside in dancing around it. "

*Shrug* People said the same thing about HIV. Now we know it's not true, and it took a long time to turn it around and be able to help victims of contaminated blood transfusions and other people.

There's no need to do it again. Correlation isn't causation. It spreads like other viruses spread. Ie, not exclusively through or to gay men.

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

Various health authorities are showing more and more data that people other than gay men are succumbing to the virus.

The reason why it spread like that to start with is well bigotry.

Gay men tend to hang around with other gay men because doing otherwise can be dangerous for them. That isn't alarmist it is undeniable and tragic truth.

Those is marginalised groups tend to keep the company of others in their group.

This does not make the disease a disease of that group.

Straight people, Lesbians, Children have all tested positive.

Yes we should help those who have been adversely affected so far (gay men) but we should also treat it like a virulent disease that can affect everyone, because it is and it it is.

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

But read from Darren, who posted on his cousin Karen’s Facebook page, who saw it on Twitter that you can get it from kissing so why does that make it a homosexual linked disease?

Tin town

"Various health authorities are showing more and more data that people other than gay men are succumbing to the virus.

Gay men tend to hang around with other gay men because doing otherwise can be dangerous for them. That isn't alarmist it is undeniable and tragic truth.

Yes we should help those who have been adversely affected so far (gay men) but we should also treat it like a virulent disease that can affect everyone, because it is and it it is."

Sure if the data supports that the current outbreak is being spread by whatever groups.. Then those groups should be the first targeted to reduce the spread. Why would you not use the data to support stopping it from spreading.?

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"

It can be transmitted by coughs and sneezes too as well as skin to skin contact...over 2,000 cases so far in Britain. :-/

"I think that's the message that some are trying to spread.

I think it'll be just as gay exclusive as HIV. I just hope we know a bit better about stigmatising people in this day and age."

HIV is not gay exclusive....junkies for a start and recently middle aged woman

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

Fuck me change the record:

"It's the gays wot dunnit!"

It's getting very boring now.

While there is prevalence in the gay and bi [male] community MP is not exclusive to that community.

Transmission routes are not confined to gay sex. The US CDC reports that it is not known whether MP is transmittance through vaginally secretions or sperm. The route of transmission is via open sores and maybe saliva during periods where the subject is infectious. People without wounds and sores are incapable of passing on MP.

UK press and media will se sationalise everything and even if that means marginalising bi and gay community for being promiscuous etc. It not like we haven't seen that before....HIV, AIDS and look what that did with sufferers being ostracised when they were at their weakest.

Fuck the haters.

Manchester (she/her)

I think it'll be just as gay exclusive as HIV. I just hope we know a bit better about stigmatising people in this day and age.

HIV is not gay exclusive....junkies for a start and recently middle aged woman "

I think monkeypox will be as gay exclusive as HIV.

As HIV is not gay exclusive...

Tin town

"Fuck me change the record:

While there is prevalence in the gay and bi [male] community MP is not exclusive to that community.

Transmission routes are not confined to gay sex. The US CDC reports that it is not known whether MP is transmittance through vaginally secretions or sperm. The route of transmission is via open sores and maybe saliva during periods where the subject is infectious. People without wounds and sores are incapable of passing on MP.

UK press and media will se sationalise everything and even if that means marginalising bi and gay community for being promiscuous etc. It not like we haven't seen that before....HIV, AIDS and look what that did with sufferers being ostracised when they were at their weakest.

Fuck the haters.

"

Don't think anybodies hating anything. Just the facts are the facts. This is from the Terence Higgins trust website... And you'd imagine that they would be as supportive of the gay community as anyone.

"Latest monkeypox information

Text

*There have been a number of confirmed cases of monkeypox in the UK. Although monkeypox can affect anyone, the majority of those cases are among gay and bisexual men.

*Monkeypox is transmitted through close contact, so is likely being passed on during sex rather than sexual transmission.

*Everyone is being asked to be aware of the monkeypox symptoms, but it’s important gay and bisexual men are alert as it's believed to be transmitting through sexual networks."

By *xciter7169Man  over a year ago

The Midlands

Fuck the haters.

Don't think anybodies hating anything. Just the facts are the facts. This is from the Terence Higgins trust website... And you'd imagine that they would be as supportive of the gay community as anyone.

Text

*There have been a number of confirmed cases of monkeypox in the UK. Although monkeypox can affect anyone, the majority of those cases are among gay and bisexual men.

*Monkeypox is transmitted through close contact, so is likely being passed on during sex rather than sexual transmission.

*Everyone is being asked to be aware of the monkeypox symptoms, but it’s important gay and bisexual men are alert as it's believed to be transmitting through sexual networks.""

Whats the difference between sex and sexual transmission,isnt that the same thing?

Manchester (she/her)

Fuck the haters.

Text

*Everyone is being asked to be aware of the monkeypox symptoms, but it’s important gay and bisexual men are alert as it's believed to be transmitting through sexual networks."

Whats the difference between sex and sexual transmission,isnt that the same thing?"

If I have sex with someone and they pass a disease to me via their genitals touching my body, then that's sexual transmission.

If I have sex with someone and they pass a disease to me via breathing, non-genital touching, coughing/sneezing, or other things that happen outside sex, that's during sex not sexual transmission.

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

Fuck the haters.

Text

*Everyone is being asked to be aware of the monkeypox symptoms, but it’s important gay and bisexual men are alert as it's believed to be transmitting through sexual networks.""

Read the OP's post. Is it the new HIV AIDS? I paraphrased it, but they are not welcome comments.

As it is transmitted through sexual networks.....are bi and gay males the only people having sex? Nope because straights get MP too.

Are they the only promiscuous people? No because straights get MP too.

Happy that THT are promoting awareness, but it is not just for the 'gayers': Straights are getting it too.

We just need to stop pointing the finger and jumping on the bandwagon " it's the gays wot dunnit" doesn't rub anymore.

Has anyone ever thought it might be that gay and bi men, in light of years of being more aware of their sexual health, are more likely to attend clinics if something isn't right? In that they take responsibility for their sexual health by regular testing and having a heightened awareness and openess about their sexual health. So because gay and bi males report more they feature in the stats more.

By *tormexexexMan  over a year ago

LEEDS

Really horrible way to start a forum post. Monkey pox is not a gay virus, it is not exclusive to men who have sex with men. Because a few gay men have been diagnosed with means nothing, just like covid was called the China flu at the start of the pandemic look how many non Chinese got it and still get it

By *olfy and SheepCouple  over a year ago

Lancaster

I think it's important to point out that this isn't a new virus or something that restricts itself to gay men.

It's a virus that's been kicking around for centuries, but because it's been restricted to mostly African countries, most western medicine has unfortunately just ignored it

This is not like HIV. That came out of nowhere. This is not a 'gay disease'. It's just circumstance that seems to have led to some westerners picking it up and happening to be gay.

Apparently smallpox vaccines work quite well against it but since smallpox no longer exists no-one gets vaccinated with it anymore so the hypothesis is that it's become a bit more prevalent since the 80s.

It's similar to ebola. We only seem to give a shit about it when it makes the white man fret over his life. The rest of the time it's just a case of going 'oh deary me' as the rest of the world has to manage it alone.

Anyway be safe and avoid drinking any river water. I mean that's just good advice

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

No, it wont be a epidemic or a pandemic, dont worry about it

By *hatfellareeceMan  over a year ago

Chelsea

Are you seriously comparing this to AID's??? Monkeypox is nothing compared to AID's, as a straight man I genuinely couldn't care less about Monkey Pox even if I was surrounded by the gayest gay boys in the gayest gay bar in the gayest city of the gayest country on the gayest planet in the gayest gay-laxy, monkey pox isn't AID's (nor is it anything like Covid) so why all this hysteria over it?

Manchester (she/her)

"Are you seriously comparing this to AID's??? Monkeypox is nothing compared to AID's, as a straight man I genuinely couldn't care less about Monkey Pox even if I was surrounded by the gayest gay boys in the gayest gay bar in the gayest city of the gayest country on the gayest planet in the gayest gay-laxy, monkey pox isn't AID's (nor is it anything like Covid) so why all this hysteria over it?"

Monkeypox has been pinned on gay communities like AIDS was. That's the comparison.

By *hatfellareeceMan  over a year ago

Chelsea

"

Anyway be safe and avoid drinking any river water. I mean that's just good advice

"

Wait, you're not supposed to drink out of the Thames??? Since when?!?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A compassionate, evidence-led approach is needed. Stigmatising and some veiled hate, at last providing an outlet for pent-up individuals' homophobia, isn't good for anyone. We should have learned from the AIDS catastrophe.

The infection can get anywhere, affecting any of us. The sooner that we target resources, the better. It seems that there's a potential variant that has significant mutations and it could further mutate, as it hits a growing number of new victims. As the mutations sre random, ee should not assume that it remains a largely mild disease, albeit with grotesque pain levels for some, as well as permanent scarring.

Unfortunately, having a zombie government isn't of much use to us all, now that 0.02% of the population have until late summer, to pick our new PM.

Compassion is needed, alongside swift effective action.

Well posts like this certainly aren't going to help!"

"Are you seriously comparing this to AID's??? Monkeypox is nothing compared to AID's, as a straight man I genuinely couldn't care less about Monkey Pox even if I was surrounded by the gayest gay boys in the gayest gay bar in the gayest city of the gayest country on the gayest planet in the gayest gay-laxy, monkey pox isn't AID's (nor is it anything like Covid) so why all this hysteria over it?"

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I think that it is becausw how the media is reporting it.

By *tonerslut40Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

pride month was literally just last month, and some people on this site couldn’t wait any longer for some thinly-veiled homophobia?

but in all honesty, monkeypox is in no way limited to msm. let’s not have a repeat of how the hiv/aids epidemic was handled.

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple  over a year ago

Somerset

"Various health authorities are showing more and more data that people other than gay men are succumbing to the virus.

Yes we should help those who have been adversely affected so far (gay men) but we should also treat it like a virulent disease that can affect everyone, because it is and it it is."

We socialise almost exclusively with gay men (because they are our friends, not because they are gay) in mainly straight venues and I have never heard any of them suggest they are living in fear in a marginalised community. They are all incredibly successful people, financially, socially and in business and career. I am not for a minute suggesting homophobia doesn’t exist or that homophobic attacks don’t take place but the gay men we know wouldn’t relish being pigeonholed as a minority too scared to leave the safety of other gay men.

Tin town

Is there hysteria though? I know people see what they want to see. But its barely getting a news report. It's being monitored as all public health matters should be. Where are you seeing anything like hysteria?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

WHO declared monkeypox a Global Health Emergency, its highest rating

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Monkeypox is not limited to gay and bi people...it is close contact that is the issue.

Tin town

Sometimes its worth reading a little beyond the catchy headlines if you have time or inclination though.. From the latest who update/announcement... ..

Full text at this link...

https://www.who.int/europe/news/item/23-07-2022-who-director-general-declares-the-ongoing-monkeypox-outbreak-a-public-health-event-of-international-concern

"

Although I am declaring a public health emergency of international concern, for the moment this is an outbreak that is concentrated among men who have sex with men, especially those with multiple sexual partners.

That means that this is an outbreak that can be stopped with the right strategies in the right groups.

It’s therefore essential that all countries work closely with communities of men who have sex with men, to design and deliver effective information and services, and to adopt measures that protect the health, human rights and dignity of affected communities.

Stigma and discrimination can be as dangerous as any virus.

In addition to our recommendations to countries, I am also calling on civil society organizations, including those with experience in working with people living with HIV, to work with us on fighting stigma and discrimination."

Manchester (she/her)

"Sometimes its worth reading a little beyond the catchy headlines if you have time or inclination though.. From the latest who update/announcement... ..

https://www.who.int/europe/news/item/23-07-2022-who-director-general-declares-the-ongoing-monkeypox-outbreak-a-public-health-event-of-international-concern

"

Although I am declaring a public health emergency of international concern, for the moment this is an outbreak that is concentrated among men who have sex with men, especially those with multiple sexual partners.

That means that this is an outbreak that can be stopped with the right strategies in the right groups.

It’s therefore essential that all countries work closely with communities of men who have sex with men, to design and deliver effective information and services, and to adopt measures that protect the health, human rights and dignity of affected communities.

In addition to our recommendations to countries, I am also calling on civil society organizations, including those with experience in working with people living with HIV, to work with us on fighting stigma and discrimination.""

"Concentrated among"

Would seem to imply not limited to.

Tin town

"Sometimes its worth reading a little beyond the catchy headlines if you have time or inclination though.. From the latest who update/announcement... ..

"

In addition to our recommendations to countries, I am also calling on civil society organizations, including those with experience in working with people living with HIV, to work with us on fighting stigma and discrimination."

"Concentrated among"

Would seem to imply not limited to."

Yep that's true. Not sure anyone's ever written limited to. I've never seen it. But then you see what you want to see.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The reason I used the "limited" word is in answer to the OP as headlines like this gives a wrong message that only gay people can get Monkeypox

This is not true and very dangerous as people may not be looking out for it.

Tin town

"The reason I used the "limited" word is in answer to the OP as headlines like this gives a wrong message that only gay people can get Monkeypox

"

Yep, it's always been said anyone can be infected. It's also a fact that this current outbreak is spreading mostly (as in high 90s percent mostly) in particular demographics as tedros writes above. And is also atypical in some of its symptoms and infections. If something was mostly spreading in babies... In my opinion it's rather disingenuous to represent it as otherwise....and rather helpful if parents knew the latest information. Perhaps not a great analogy but saying where it's spreading and therefore where it's most effective to target efforts to stop the outbreak doesn't seem either hysterical or phobic to me.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I was answering the OP headline, not disputing where it was spreading. I would expect being called out on it if I was doing that, even if you did it indirectly....but it wasn't what I was discussing

Tin town

"I was answering the OP headline, not disputing where it was spreading. I would expect being called out on it if I was doing that, even if you did it indirectly....but it wasn't what I was discussing"

My mistake, apologies.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"The reason I used the "limited" word is in answer to the OP as headlines like this gives a wrong message that only gay people can get Monkeypox

Yep, it's always been said anyone can be infected. It's also a fact that this current outbreak is spreading mostly (as in high 90s percent mostly) in particular demographics as tedros writes above. And is also atypical in some of its symptoms and infections. If something was mostly spreading in babies... In my opinion it's rather disingenuous to represent it as otherwise....and rather helpful if parents knew the latest information. Perhaps not a great analogy but saying where it's spreading and therefore where it's most effective to target efforts to stop the outbreak doesn't seem either hysterical or phobic to me. "

Yeah, spreading mostly...

The first three cases it was spreading exclusively...

Then because everyone was saying "spreading in gay men", a huge number (maybe 90% plus?) of not gay or not men decided that monkeypox was just a joke they could ignore...

Then there were a few cases in not gay or not men...

Vast majority still "nothing to look at here, gay men only"...

Now it is "spreading mostly"...

In three months this has made more inroads into the general population than HIV did in five years. At what point should the message be changed to "fuck, everyone is at risk from this, everyone should be aware"? When it's 1 case in general population (that ship has sailed)? When it's 1% (probably past that now)? 10%? 20%?

Basically 1 case in gay men has expanded to be a world wide epidemic in 3 months, with many non-gay or not-men now infected.

The story in the tabloids is still "gay men".

If there was general vaccination of every single gay man, it still wouldn't stop the spread now. The story has to change to "anybody can catch it", "it spreads by loads of ways, not just extended body to body contact".

Or we can just come back in another 3 months time when it has spread another factor of 20,000 and there are about 400 million cases...

[Working out of 400 million cases =

3 months ago, 1 case. Now something like 20 thousand world wide.

If each of 20,000 spreads at same rate, then in another 3 months we have 20,000 x 20,000 = 400,000,000 cases. QED.]

Tin town

Yep, it's always been said anyone can be infected. It's also a fact that this current outbreak is spreading mostly (as in high 90s percent mostly) in particular demographics as tedros writes above. And is also atypical in some of its symptoms and infections. If something was mostly spreading in babies... In my opinion it's rather disingenuous to represent it as otherwise....and rather helpful if parents knew the latest information. Perhaps not a great analogy but saying where it's spreading and therefore where it's most effective to target efforts to stop the outbreak doesn't seem either hysterical or phobic to me.

Yeah, spreading mostly...

The first three cases it was spreading exclusively...

Then because everyone was saying "spreading in gay men", a huge number (maybe 90% plus?) of not gay or not men decided that monkeypox was just a joke they could ignore...

Then there were a few cases in not gay or not men...

Now it is "spreading mostly"...

In three months this has made more inroads into the general population than HIV did in five years. At what point should the message be changed to "fuck, everyone is at risk from this, everyone should be aware"? When it's 1 case in general population (that ship has sailed)? When it's 1% (probably past that now)? 10%? 20%?

Basically 1 case in gay men has expanded to be a world wide epidemic in 3 months, with many non-gay or not-men now infected.

The story in the tabloids is still "gay men".

If there was general vaccination of every single gay man, it still wouldn't stop the spread now. The story has to change to "anybody can catch it", "it spreads by loads of ways, not just extended body to body contact".

Or we can just come back in another 3 months time when it has spread another factor of 20,000 and there are about 400 million cases...

[Working out of 400 million cases =

3 months ago, 1 case. Now something like 20 thousand world wide.

If each of 20,000 spreads at same rate, then in another 3 months we have 20,000 x 20,000 = 400,000,000 cases. QED.]"

Sure if the message is supported by the data, change the message and the target.

At the moment the terrence Higgins trust the UKHSA the who amongst some are consistent in their messages and their reasons for those messages.

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

HIV is not gay exclusive....junkies for a start and recently middle aged woman

I think monkeypox will be as gay exclusive as HIV.

As HIV is not gay exclusive..."

He didnt really get that did he

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Fuck the haters.

Text

Read the OP's post. Is it the new HIV AIDS? I paraphrased it, but they are not welcome comments.

As it is transmitted through sexual networks.....are bi and gay males the only people having sex? Nope because straights get MP too.

Happy that THT are promoting awareness, but it is not just for the 'gayers': Straights are getting it too.

We just need to stop pointing the finger and jumping on the bandwagon " it's the gays wot dunnit" doesn't rub anymore.

Has anyone ever thought it might be that gay and bi men, in light of years of being more aware of their sexual health, are more likely to attend clinics if something isn't right? In that they take responsibility for their sexual health by regular testing and having a heightened awareness and openess about their sexual health. So because gay and bi males report more they feature in the stats more.

"

You seem to be very angry over something nobody has actually said. You really need to calm down a bit

By *xciter7169Man  over a year ago

The Midlands

Fuck the haters.

Text

Whats the difference between sex and sexual transmission,isnt that the same thing?

If I have sex with someone and they pass a disease to me via their genitals touching my body, then that's sexual transmission.

If I have sex with someone and they pass a disease to me via breathing, non-genital touching, coughing/sneezing, or other things that happen outside sex, that's during sex not sexual transmission."

Thanks,that does make it easier for me to understand x

By *olfy and SheepCouple  over a year ago

Lancaster

"

I have never heard any of them suggest they are living in fear in a marginalised community. They are all incredibly successful people, financially, socially and in business and career. "

Have you ever considered the fact that because they are rich and successful, that they can just afford to move away from areas and people likely to treat them that way? Along with being rich enough that others can't afford to treat them differently either.

No-one is pigeon holding anyone. It's just a fact that these things happen, and such things will often take place in areas where poverty exists.

Fuck the haters.

Text

"

Good point!

[Removed by poster at 30/07/22 06:30:36]

"Ffs...here we go again..

The comparism between hiv/aids is ludicrous..Compare it with shingles by all means..not pleasant,but not fatal either and probably less painful.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anyone has died from monkeypox ( in europe)

Yes it is currently mainly men who have sex with men 99% of cases,this is a very different group of people than lumping gay men together.

Yes, that group is raising awareness, go to a gay sauna and you will see notices about the monkeypox virus everywhere and these places and frequented by many married( hetero) men.

Let's see what develops before the hysteria/ stigma arrives, many people on this site should know better."

https://news.sky.com/story/spain-confirms-europes-first-known-monkeypox-related-death-of-current-outbreak-12661601

By *ingswoodhullMan  over a year ago

hull

Every nhs centre will offer a jab . Plus it’s recoverable

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

And how many on this thread were condemning those who refused the cov jab? Are you the same people who are now saying "you can't lump all gay men in together" and "don't vilifie the msm" dispite 99% of cases are in that demographic?

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Popcorn gone stale

Central

"And how many on this thread were condemning those who refused the cov jab? Are you the same people who are now saying "you can't lump all gay men in together" and "don't vilifie the msm" dispite 99% of cases are in that demographic? "

It's always good to question ourselves but not tp vilify others.

Sadly, the UK government didn't act quickly enough with this or Covid, with appropriate measures.

Whilst MSM and others have helped to drive infection levels down, we're at risk of this becoming an endemic disease in the UK, which will spread more widely throughout society. We should have secured greater volumes of vaccine stock early.

Just now, it isn't possible to get a vaccination appointment. It's to be hoped that antivaxxers don't further harm the takeup of vaccines and disease eradication around the world. Many of those harmed by them are children, including from Polio breakouts.

Predominantly in the gay community but don't be folled it will spead to swinger scene

My Clinic where I get tested regularly have advised they’ll be offering me the Monkey Pox Vaccines when they are available in our region.

First sentence - "It's always good to question ourselves but not tp vilify others."

Last sentence - "It's to be hoped that antivaxxers don't further harm the takeup of vaccines and disease eradication around the world. Many of those harmed by them are children, including from Polio breakouts."

If only you followed your own advice!

"And how many on this thread were condemning those who refused the cov jab? Are you the same people who are now saying "you can't lump all gay men in together" and "don't vilifie the msm" dispite 99% of cases are in that demographic?

Sadly, the UK government didn't act quickly enough with this or Covid, with appropriate measures.

Whilst MSM and others have helped to drive infection levels down, we're at risk of this becoming an endemic disease in the UK, which will spread more widely throughout society. We should have secured greater volumes of vaccine stock early.

Just now, it isn't possible to get a vaccination appointment. It's to be hoped that antivaxxers don't further harm the takeup of vaccines and disease eradication around the world. Many of those harmed by them are children, including from Polio breakouts. "

By *assageNEMan  over a year ago

Sunderland

How is MP any worse than the other STD’s (not HIV) that are often rife? As I understand it, the disease is fully treatable/recoverable just like many others. Or am I missing something?

By *ddmanMan  over a year ago

Norwich

"How is MP any worse than the other STD’s (not HIV) that are often rife? As I understand it, the disease is fully treatable/recoverable just like many others. Or am I missing something? "

The WHO believes that, historically, MP has a fatality rate of between 3% and 6% in places where it's endemic. The strain of MP circulating in media view has age a key risk factor and is currently mostly seen in otherwise young, healthy men in places with first world medical care. People likely to suffer complications (the very young, the aged, and pregnant women) aren't represented in large numbers.

It's as much an STD as, say, chickenpox is except we vaccinate or contract that a lot earlier than young adulthood.

Central

"How is MP any worse than the other STD’s (not HIV) that are often rife? As I understand it, the disease is fully treatable/recoverable just like many others. Or am I missing something? "

It's not just sexually transmitted through. The risks for us are much larger, if the preventable attainment of an endemic disease here is reached. Obviously straight, gay, bi are very porous groupings and it could also easily enter into the swinging community.

We don't have to accept another endemic infection here, that's also sexually transmitted. It can be fatal too.

Central

"First sentence - "It's always good to question ourselves but not tp vilify others."

Last sentence - "It's to be hoped that antivaxxers don't further harm the takeup of vaccines and disease eradication around the world. Many of those harmed by them are children, including from Polio breakouts."

If only you followed your own advice!

And how many on this thread were condemning those who refused the cov jab? Are you the same people who are now saying "you can't lump all gay men in together" and "don't vilifie the msm" dispite 99% of cases are in that demographic?

Just now, it isn't possible to get a vaccination appointment. It's to be hoped that antivaxxers don't further harm the takeup of vaccines and disease eradication around the world. Many of those harmed by them are children, including from Polio breakouts. "

I've hardly vilified them.

Tin town

"How is MP any worse than the other STD’s (not HIV) that are often rife? As I understand it, the disease is fully treatable/recoverable just like many others. Or am I missing something?

It's not just sexually transmitted through. The risks for us are much larger, if the preventable attainment of an endemic disease here is reached. Obviously straight, gay, bi are very porous groupings and it could also easily enter into the swinging community.

We don't have to accept another endemic infection here, that's also sexually transmitted. It can be fatal too. "

Can you imagine the outrage when swinging pox is discovered in monkeys.

I know somebody who has had both since the 90's

He'd still stick his finger up a monkey bum & monkey mum

Hes 70+ smelly bum

Central

"How is MP any worse than the other STD’s (not HIV) that are often rife? As I understand it, the disease is fully treatable/recoverable just like many others. Or am I missing something?

We don't have to accept another endemic infection here, that's also sexually transmitted. It can be fatal too.

Can you imagine the outrage when swinging pox is discovered in monkeys. "

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

MP is not a STD get it right.

» Add a new message to this topic