By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I always thought a vaccine…

Stopped you from getting sick

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

What are your thoughts please?

And let’s keep our language nice

Xx

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I always thought a vaccine…

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

Vaccine (noun)

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

from Latin vaccinus, from vacca ‘cow’ (because of the early use of the cowpox virus against smallpox).

Eastbourne (she/they)

important note is that immunity in biology doesn't not mean 100% nor does it mean permanent.

It means increased protection (i.e. you have an immunity level of X%)

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

You thought wrong I’m afraid

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Because the reputable experts who follow the scientific consensus, rather than spreading narratives for profit, have developed vaccines.

What I don't understand is why people refer to the Covid vaccines as "it". There are at least five approved in the west.

By *hors fantasyCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Because the reputable experts who follow the scientific consensus, rather than spreading narratives for profit, have developed vaccines.

What I don't understand is why people refer to the Covid vaccines as "it". There are at least five approved in the west."

5 approved and none as effective as natural immunity from catching it once and then not catching it again.

Manchester (she/her)

"Because the reputable experts who follow the scientific consensus, rather than spreading narratives for profit, have developed vaccines.

What I don't understand is why people refer to the Covid vaccines as "it". There are at least five approved in the west.

5 approved and none as effective as natural immunity from catching it once and then not catching it again. "

It's a strange world where people advocate catching a disease to protect from a disease. It's a bit like fornicating for virginity.

Eastbourne (she/they)

5 approved and none as effective as natural immunity from catching it once and then not catching it again.

It's a strange world where people advocate catching a disease to protect from a disease. It's a bit like fornicating for virginity."

oooh ooh Punching For Pacifism!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"important note is that immunity in biology doesn't not mean 100% nor does it mean permanent.

It means increased protection (i.e. you have an immunity level of X%)"

When is immunity not immunity...? When it's immunity in biology.?

Manchester (she/her)

It's a strange world where people advocate catching a disease to protect from a disease. It's a bit like fornicating for virginity.

oooh ooh Punching For Pacifism!"

It's about as clever as disease induced immunity for not suffering disease

Manchester (she/her)

"important note is that immunity in biology doesn't not mean 100% nor does it mean permanent.

When is immunity not immunity...? When it's immunity in biology.? "

Most immunity wanes. If we want to define immunity as only immunity which prevents infection, then there is one vaccine in the world which delivers immunity. That's HPV.

Obviously that's why we've all had measles, polio, and smallpox.

Oh wait...

By *hilledGuyClactonMan  over a year ago

Witham

Because it's a vaccine not a cure

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

5 approved and none as effective as natural immunity from catching it once and then not catching it again. "

It's funny isn't it. When the rollout happened the anti vaxxers banged on about how the vaccine didn't work. Turns out, the natural immune system isn't that great at preventing transmission either. Perhaps that explains why the vaccine wasn't successful at the ultimate goal (what you expected from it).

I have had 3 doses. I haven't caught covid or at least had symptoms. I have been abroad recently on a plane..I have done all inclusive where using same serving spoons as other people. I have lived with people who have had symptoms and tested positive but still not caught it...I am either:

1. Lucky

2. Have a great natural immune system

3. My immune system has responded well to the vaccines

Whatever the reason, I am good and grateful that the scientific community was able to develop a vaccine quickly, money was thrown at the approval process, there were more than enough volunteers for all phases of trials. The vaccines are safe.

Eastbourne (she/they)

When is immunity not immunity...? When it's immunity in biology.? "

Originally there was only the definition in biology. then popular culture started to use it and more and more it became a term to refer to a total protection.

This is how language works. over time because of common usage it came to have two similar but different meanings.

Doesn't mean either is wrong, but it is daft to use the non-biology meaning when talking about science.

The actual definition:

immunity (noun)

1. the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.

2. protection or exemption from something, especially an obligation or penalty.

When discussing vaccines and science they are talking about 1, not 2

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No medical treatment is 100% but these vaccine threads are annoying. Either get it or don’t get it - most on here have clearly made up their minds so go with it.

Tin town

Most immunity wanes. If we want to define immunity as only immunity which prevents infection, then there is one vaccine in the world which delivers immunity. That's HPV.

Oh wait..."

Thing is though. If you use the infection argument above, that vax is good because we haven't had polio et Al. Then the fact we've pretty much all had covid vax and yet pretty much all had covid would indicate its not as effective a vax as the ones you mentioned above? Wouldn't it? I mean I get the amelioration of illness and not arguing against any vax. But just my view of it is.. Aa vaccines we know and love go... I think there will be extreme risk going forward convincing sceptics of any vaccine for any disease if its judged on the performance of the covid ones. Which is all we've been fed a diet of in the last few years.

Manchester (she/her)

It's funny isn't it. When the rollout happened the anti vaxxers banged on about how the vaccine didn't work. Turns out, the natural immune system isn't that great at preventing transmission either. Perhaps that explains why the vaccine wasn't successful at the ultimate goal (what you expected from it).

I have had 3 doses. I haven't caught covid or at least had symptoms. I have been abroad recently on a plane..I have done all inclusive where using same serving spoons as other people. I have lived with people who have had symptoms and tested positive but still not caught it...I am either:

1. Lucky

Whatever the reason, I am good and grateful that the scientific community was able to develop a vaccine quickly, money was thrown at the approval process, there were more than enough volunteers for all phases of trials. The vaccines are safe.

"

Mmm. Turns out it's like the flu vaccine, despite what we'd been told earlier. Need boosters and updates. Updates haven't happened yet. Yes I'll take them.

I've had 5 Covid vaccines, not had Covid that I'm aware of, and I'm in very good health.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

I trust you're taking all of the (bone fide) answers you've been given on board and have no further questions.

Thread closed.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Oh wait...

Thing is though. If you use the infection argument above, that vax is good because we haven't had polio et Al. Then the fact we've pretty much all had covid vax and yet pretty much all had covid would indicate its not as effective a vax as the ones you mentioned above? Wouldn't it? I mean I get the amelioration of illness and not arguing against any vax. But just my view of it is.. Aa vaccines we know and love go... I think there will be extreme risk going forward convincing sceptics of any vaccine for any disease if its judged on the performance of the covid ones. Which is all we've been fed a diet of in the last few years. "

There were breakthrough infections in the first years of those vaccines too.

It's not that breakthrough doesn't happen, it's that vaccines typically reduce or suppress the spread and protect those who don't mount a good enough immune response. They also reduce the evolution of the virus, which is part of what drives spread. Omicron BA.5, which is the wave we're currently exiting, is very different to the ancestral strain in the vaccines.

The vaccines were designed to prevent hospitalisation and death - the paperwork is still there. Yes, there was hope that it would stop transmission, and it seems that in the early months of administration it did for Alpha, less for Delta, almost none for the various Omicrons.

As we learn more, the position changes. As the virus changes, the position changes.

But whatever. The only vaccines are sterilising vaccines. I've had all my measles kumquats and boosters, tetanus kumquats and boosters, Covid kumquats and boosters, and a full course of HPV vaccines

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I've had 5 Covid vaccines, not had Covid that I'm aware of, and I'm in very good health."

I could have sworn you have said you were ill with it once, or am I getting mixed up with usernames here

Manchester (she/her)

"

I've had 5 Covid vaccines, not had Covid that I'm aware of, and I'm in very good health.

I could have sworn you have said you were ill with it once, or am I getting mixed up with usernames here"

Yes, you're correct. I had a horrible viral illness in May 2020, before tests. I was told by multiple medical staff that it was Covid. I then had a negative antibody test (which differentiates from vaccine induced antibodies)

I was sick as a dog for awhile. With something, but looks like it wasn't Covid.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Oh wait..."

I've had measles! Mind you, I wasn't vaccinated against it, so maybe that's why. Bit of a long time ago now so I don't remember the details, just enough to know it was bloody horrible. Still at least I didn't go deaf or die.

There you go then, measles vaccine, bloody rubbish. Doesn't give you any protection if you don't get it...

By *ail and tonyCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

Incredible that there are people who still don't understand...

Maybe research rather than canvas opinion on a swinging site...

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

God, another one of these bloody threads.

Still, saves me from having to read the readers' letters column in some idiot rag.

I actually learned some interesting facts from this thread.

Good question OP

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Some do that, some dont.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

That’s misinformation.

There is no proof that catching it naturally will protect you any better or stop you catching it again

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I actually learned some interesting facts from this thread.

Good question OP"

The main fact is don’t listen to people on social media

By *assagerajMan  over a year ago

Sutton

. Sadly not true of the COVID virus. It mutates such that immunity from previous infections can be highly limited. The good news each mutation has made the virus more infectious but less lethal. This is what virologists hoped for. The logic is if the virus continued to kill its hosts then it will not survive in the long run either. So it mutates…to survive. Hope all that makes sense

The only illness that I've caught and that I was vaccinated against was mumps. Thanks to the vaccine, I only had a very mild case on one side of my face that passed quickly. It wasn't too bad at all.

As far as I know I haven't had Covid-19. I do LFTs every week. I'd love to do an antibody test to see if I've had it, just out of curiosity.

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

You are wrong on all 3 counts. That's never been what a vsccine is. It's also not what innoculation is. It is not expected to be 100% effective and many vaccines you are expected to be a bit poorly from. Vaccine acquired immunity isnt always permanent and many vaccine types requite boosters through our lives.

You were mistaken. I hope you now realise the last 18 months of your righteous indignation were completely baseless

By *hors fantasyCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

" It's a strange world where people advocate catching a disease to protect from a disease. It's a bit like fornicating for virginity."

Seeing as the only people that seem to catch covid repeatedly are the once that had the vaccine it’s not exactly a bad plan to catch it, isn’t that why we let children catch chicken pox early?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

What I don't understand is why people refer to the Covid vaccines as "it". There are at least five approved in the west."

teleford

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx

You thought wrong I’m afraid "

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Seeing as the only people that seem to catch covid repeatedly are the once that had the vaccine it’s not exactly a bad plan to catch it, isn’t that why we let children catch chicken pox early?"

No, and No

teleford

[Removed by poster at 01/08/22 15:49:32]

teleford

1. Lucky

"

Who cares? Covid is just a cold/mild flu symptoms now. We need to move on from all this nonsense

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Who cares? Covid is just a cold/mild flu symptoms now. We need to move on from all this nonsense"

For most the seriousness of symptoms have been reduced, but not everyone.

We cannot just move on unless we are willing to sacrifice the marginalised and the infirm. I am not willing to do that.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"God, another one of these bloody threads.

Still, saves me from having to read the readers' letters column in some idiot rag."

There is an option not to read them

Forum Mod

O o O oo

People have had Covid multiple times

Manchester (she/her)

"Who cares? Covid is just a cold/mild flu symptoms now. We need to move on from all this nonsense

For most the seriousness of symptoms have been reduced, but not everyone.

We cannot just move on unless we are willing to sacrifice the marginalised and the infirm. I am not willing to do that."

Yes. Other people may choose to move on. They can leave me the hell out of throwing the vulnerable aside.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

" It's a strange world where people advocate catching a disease to protect from a disease. It's a bit like fornicating for virginity.

Seeing as the only people that seem to catch covid repeatedly are the once that had the vaccine it’s not exactly a bad plan to catch it, isn’t that why we let children catch chicken pox early?"

I have read this over and over but still don't get it.

You are saying that those who have had the vaccines are catching covid repeatedly, so it worth those who haven't had the vaccine to catch covid?

The vaccine reduces the potential impact of covid-19 on a person, so why is worth those who have not had a vaccine catching covid-19?

My head is hurting...

You do know the majority of people in the UK have had their covid-19 vaccines, which is why it seems there are more people catching it that are vaccinated.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I could have sworn you have said you were ill with it once, or am I getting mixed up with usernames here

Yes, you're correct. I had a horrible viral illness in May 2020, before tests. I was told by multiple medical staff that it was Covid. I then had a negative antibody test (which differentiates from vaccine induced antibodies)

I was sick as a dog for awhile. With something, but looks like it wasn't Covid."

Yeah I know what an antibody test is

Did you have Covid symptoms? They did do tests in May 2020 but not sure how available they were when you were ill.

The bigger question is though is how did you manage to speak/ see multiple medical staff? It has been a nightmare for a lot of people to get to see just the one

Manchester (she/her)

"

I was sick as a dog for awhile. With something, but looks like it wasn't Covid.

Yeah I know what an antibody test is

Did you have Covid symptoms? They did do tests in May 2020 but not sure how available they were when you were ill.

The bigger question is though is how did you manage to speak/ see multiple medical staff? It has been a nightmare for a lot of people to get to see just the one "

I called my GP and 111 when I had symptoms that concerned me, predominantly breathlessness. My symptoms were mostly breathlessness and fatigue, about a week of fever. Obviously as it was very early on, we didn't know much. I had a long tail of fatigue lasting months.

I think the seeing medical staff situation was quite different in 2020 than now - and my GP has been incredibly on the ball with telehealth (NHS lottery I suppose). It was mostly phone, a couple of video calls to try to determine if I was getting enough oxygen.

The antibody test was in conjunction with the vaccine trial I was on. I was quite shocked, given my experience. But obviously all I had to go on was what I was told, as tests weren't available for the public outside hospitals when I fell ill.

I suppose - in the absence of other information, you assume it's the pandemic causing it. I certainly kept my germs to myself!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Does sound Covid like though doesn't it. Maybe the antibody test didn't work for you, it doesn't work for everyone

Either way, I am just glad my mind isn't going and it was you who had said it, it feels an age ago now

Manchester (she/her)

"Does sound Covid like though doesn't it. Maybe the antibody test didn't work for you, it doesn't work for everyone

Either way, I am just glad my mind isn't going and it was you who had said it, it feels an age ago now"

It does. There is a possibility I didn't seroconvert and thus it didn't show up on the test. More common in kids though.

And yes, definitely sounds like Covid and I know why I was told what I was.

Sorry for appearing inconsistent - just, learned more over time.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

Yes... most people don't understand what a vaccine is or how one works.

I think that the easiest way to understand vaccines is to consider them a "training system" for your immune system. A vaccine shows your body what a certain virus looks like without infecting you, then your body can develop a response to use when it sees the same virus again.

Cal

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

You probably googled it and read a conspiracy theory reply.

It's easy to get made a fool of.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This question, almost verbatim, was posted 4 or 5 weeks ago. You could almost think there are channels that push out disinformation, to weaken this country, by sowing seeds of doubt and turmoil.

I'm curious OP - did you do some research, to determine what vaccines are in use and their sustained levels of generated immunity?

It's worth us all being aware that, as we age, our immune systems typically become less effective. Next month sees the start of the planned flu and potential Covid booster, for the less young amongst us.

By *ack 39Man  over a year ago

BELFAST

It's an experimental drug

Check your life insurance It's not covered It's not covered by health insurance

Because it's still experimental

Central

"It's an experimental drug

Because it's still experimental "

I think you're confusing it, perhaps with something you saw in Austin Powers?

Manchester (she/her)

I think you're confusing it, perhaps with something you saw in Austin Powers? "

Groovy, baby

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

Options.....

Go the NHS website and get bone fide information regarding vaccines.

Speak to your health professional and get information about vaccines straight from the horses mouth.

Don't post in an online forum full of strangers.

Sounds obvs to me.

Winston

Central

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx

Options.....

Speak to your health professional and get information about vaccines straight from the horses mouth.

Sounds obvs to me.

Winston

"

Too sensible, Winston

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Weird because Google doesn't suggest this to be the case...

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx

Options.....

Sounds obvs to me.

Winston

Too sensible, Winston "

I've no idea what came over me.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx

Options.....

Sounds obvs to me.

Winston

Too sensible, Winston

I've no idea what came over me.

Winston "

I thought the NHS were run by lizard people

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

It's a strange world where people advocate catching a disease to protect from a disease. It's a bit like fornicating for virginity."

Chickenpox parties, when thee was no vaccine.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

You thought wrong.

Manchester (she/her)

Chickenpox parties, when thee was no vaccine."

Setting up kids for shingles later. Dunno why we'd do it now.

Reading

Ha ha ha ha…… what total and utter bollox

"Chickenpox parties, when thee was no vaccine.

Setting up kids for shingles later. Dunno why we'd do it now."

There is a perfectly good chickenpox vaccine. 9/10 children develop full immunity and it saves them for weeks of discomfort.

You can get it for £130 from Well Pharmacy, £60 each for two doses.

The NHS won't offer it because they're worried that if everyone gets their children vaccinated, those children that don't will have a more severe, prolonged experience and risk of complications with the virus.

Central

Ha ha ha ha…… what total and utter bollox "

Succinct. I'm a bit too wordy.

teleford

Setting up kids for shingles later. Dunno why we'd do it now."

Getting chicken pox as a child gives some protection against shingles does it not? Or did I miss the irony?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Getting chicken pox as a child gives some protection against shingles does it not? Or did I miss the irony?"

You can only get shingles if you have had chicken pox it's the reactivated virus.

teleford

Getting chicken pox as a child gives some protection against shingles does it not? Or did I miss the irony?

You can only get shingles if you have had chicken pox it's the reactivated virus.

"

Interesting, the science has moved on since I was a child!

Central

Getting chicken pox as a child gives some protection against shingles does it not? Or did I miss the irony?"

Getting chickenpox is the fore-runner to having shingles in later life. The virus remains in our body, after the infection and then resurfaces as shingles.

By *arkjackMan  over a year ago

West Cork

Breathe Jack, breathe!

Okay.

1. We can admit the technology is poor quality while still believing people ought to take vaccines - two different value judgements.

2. Our medical technology is medieval, accidents at hospitals are even one of the highest leading causes of death (for nuance: not that not going to the hospital would have saved those - it depends). This is not popular known outside of medical circles but the BMJ and Lancet agree with this view.

3. The rollout of the vaccines in this particular ... wasn't fully following a scientific method. That is to say - the development of the vaccine would be following the method - yes, but the testing phase, which is the most important phase, would require extensive, likely decades long longitudinal data and meta-analysis studies to be the gold standard of vaccine testing.

This didn't happen for obvious reasons - which is why although the FDA supports rolling out vaccines in this case - it also did not clear most of the vaccines, I believe they were authorized with emergency powers - and this is not the usual.

I refer you to point (2) - this is medieval - physical blockades and masks are still more effective technology to prevent spread than vaccines - we would have to be updating vaccines faster than mutation rates to be ahead - that is science fiction technology we don't have.

Feel free to disagree.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx

Vaccine (noun)

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

from Latin vaccinus, from vacca ‘cow’ (because of the early use of the cowpox virus against smallpox)."

They changed that meaning recently. Do keep up.

C

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

I think the actual answer is, they are called vaccines because *drumroll............

They are vaccines.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"Chickenpox parties, when thee was no vaccine.

There is a perfectly good chickenpox vaccine. 9/10 children develop full immunity and it saves them for weeks of discomfort.

You can get it for £130 from Well Pharmacy, £60 each for two doses.

The NHS won't offer it because they're worried that if everyone gets their children vaccinated, those children that don't will have a more severe, prolonged experience and risk of complications with the virus."

I was fortunate to skip chickenpox as a child and paid to be vaccinated as an adult.

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

Not sure i should comment on vaccines but fuck me humans take them with no research, hence questions later in life haha, enjoy humans x

Manchester (she/her)

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx

Not sure i should comment on vaccines but fuck me humans take them with no research, hence questions later in life haha, enjoy humans x"

Thank you, I do

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

1. Lucky

"

93% of deaths where covid is on the death certificate are vaccinated 3500 people per week are dying from "unexplained" causes very safe and effective

Eastbourne (she/they)

1. Lucky

93% of deaths where covid is on the death certificate are vaccinated 3500 people per week are dying from "unexplained" causes very safe and effective "

[citation needed]

chester

That’s misinformation.

There is no proof that catching it naturally will protect you any better or stop you catching it again "

The Israeli study 2021 said natural immunity is upto 27x better than vaccine immunity and the continuing study in Israel, Netherlands and Germany shows natural immunity namely memory T cell from people infected with the alpha, beta, and delta variants is still better than a 5 booster vaccinated

1. Lucky

93% of deaths where covid is on the death certificate are vaccinated 3500 people per week are dying from "unexplained" causes very safe and effective "

3500 people are dying of unexplained causes? Can you expand on that?

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Interesting, the science has moved on since I was a child!"

Yup my mum was told 20 years ago that you could only get shingles once and that there was no treatment for it so was quite surprised when she got it a second time a couple of months ago and was actually given an antiviral drug to help reduce the length of time the symptoms lasted, thankfully medical science is constantly evolving and finding new ways to treat even old illnesses.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

1. Lucky

And I assume that these vaccine related deaths are all being covered up by the powers that be who are out to depopulate the planet for the elite to take over?

chester

1. Lucky

93% of deaths where covid is on the death certificate are vaccinated 3500 people per week are dying from "unexplained" causes very safe and effective

And I assume that these vaccine related deaths are all being covered up by the powers that be who are out to depopulate the planet for the elite to take over?"

Did I say vaccine related deaths? Unexplained is the word I used

https://youtu.be/kFf5k2h-f_4

1. Lucky

And I assume that these vaccine related deaths are all being covered up by the powers that be who are out to depopulate the planet for the elite to take over?

https://youtu.be/kFf5k2h-f_4 "

Cam you summarise?

Eastbourne (she/they)

That’s misinformation.

There is no proof that catching it naturally will protect you any better or stop you catching it again

The Israeli study 2021 said natural immunity is upto 27x better than vaccine immunity and the continuing study in Israel, Netherlands and Germany shows natural immunity namely memory T cell from people infected with the alpha, beta, and delta variants is still better than a 5 booster vaccinated "

Yeah I can find no studies that claim anything remotely like this out of Israel in 2021.

Found one that said that natural immunity was more effective against Delta (and only delta) than 2 vaccine doses.

But that is the closest to your claim that I could see.

Oh wait one here claims 13 times but is not peer reviewed and has a methodology question pertaining to it.

You may need to be clearer as to where these studies are.

Manchester (she/her)

That’s misinformation.

The Israeli study 2021 said natural immunity is upto 27x better than vaccine immunity and the continuing study in Israel, Netherlands and Germany shows natural immunity namely memory T cell from people infected with the alpha, beta, and delta variants is still better than a 5 booster vaccinated "

Who's had five boosters? The maximum out there at the moment is two.

(Yes there are some who've had more than four vaccines, I'm one of them, but the maximum number of booster vaccines which have been authorised anywhere is two)

How can you know that five boosters - seven vaccines - is inferior when it's never been done?

Eastbourne (she/they)

1. Lucky

Cam you summarise?"

It is saying there's an increase in deaths, but it could be multiple things, one of them could be the vaccine but lets focus on that even though it is purely an unproven hypothesis. then some rambling about testing it. But no ACTUALL test

It strikes me very much of a cherry picking data that could mean anything to fit a hypothesis to me.

It is also seems this professor only being reported on GB news

teleford

1. Lucky

And I assume that these vaccine related deaths are all being covered up by the powers that be who are out to depopulate the planet for the elite to take over?"

3500 a week... that’s going to be a very slow depopulation, the elite will be dead, by then, still the likes of you will survive to clean their toilets

Manchester (she/her)

1. Lucky

3500 a week... that’s going to be a very slow depopulation, the elite will be dead, by then, still the likes of you will survive to clean their toilets"

1. Lucky

Cam you summarise?

It is saying there's an increase in deaths, but it could be multiple things, one of them could be the vaccine but lets focus on that even though it is purely an unproven hypothesis. then some rambling about testing it. But no ACTUALL test

It strikes me very much of a cherry picking data that could mean anything to fit a hypothesis to me.

It is also seems this professor only being reported on GB news "

So it doesn't really explain the 182000 unexplained deaths he mentioned, why am I not surprised!

chester

1. Lucky

Cam you summarise?

It is also seems this professor only being reported on GB news "

Ask the question of why the professor is only on gb news why is gb news the only media reporting on the grooming gangs? Ect... When you can answer that question you will have your answer regardless of what I write.... use logic, reasoning and commonsense

Eastbourne (she/they)

1. Lucky

Cam you summarise?

So it doesn't really explain the 182000 unexplained deaths he mentioned, why am I not surprised!

"

He says that it could be the vaccine and if it were the vaccine you would see them occur at x time after injection. Some were so that's good enough for him

(I am paraphrasing) there was no realt test or study done, not by any methodology that I would expect is considered valid.

chester

That’s misinformation.

The Israeli study 2021 said natural immunity is upto 27x better than vaccine immunity and the continuing study in Israel, Netherlands and Germany shows natural immunity namely memory T cell from people infected with the alpha, beta, and delta variants is still better than a 5 booster vaccinated

(Yes there are some who've had more than four vaccines, I'm one of them, but the maximum number of booster vaccines which have been authorised anywhere is two)

How can you know that five boosters - seven vaccines - is inferior when it's never been done?"

Israel is on the 5th booster

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Ask the question of why the professor is only on gb news why is gb news the only media reporting on the grooming gangs? Ect... When you can answer that question you will have your answer regardless of what I write.... use logic, reasoning and commonsense "

Um GB news is not the only news reporting on those gangs.

GB news exists to peddle right wing propaganda, not news. This is why several of their high profile journalists quit.

But It is the channel of choice for one or two echo chambers.

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Israel is on the 5th booster "

Israel has started rolling out their 5th Dose, which is the 3rd booster.

chester

1. Lucky

Cam you summarise?

He says that it could be the vaccine and if it were the vaccine you would see them occur at x time after injection. Some were so that's good enough for him

(I am paraphrasing) there was no realt test or study done, not by any methodology that I would expect is considered valid."

Well we will see after the next round of boosters 10-14 weeks

chester

[Removed by poster at 01/08/22 22:55:16]

chester

"Ask the question of why the professor is only on gb news why is gb news the only media reporting on the grooming gangs? Ect... When you can answer that question you will have your answer regardless of what I write.... use logic, reasoning and commonsense

Um GB news is not the only news reporting on those gangs.

GB news exists to peddle right wing propaganda, not news. This is why several of their high profile journalists quit.

But It is the channel of choice for one or two echo chambers."

Only 1 quit Andrew Neil went back to the bbc.

BBC, ITV, Channel 4,Channel 5,Sky news all peddle the government propaganda and are echo Chambers for each other.

chester

"Israel is on the 5th booster

Israel has started rolling out their 5th Dose, which is the 3rd booster."

If a dog had 5 Rabies shots and still got Rabies I'd be asking questions.... bad analogy but easy to understand

Manchester (she/her)

That’s misinformation.

How can you know that five boosters - seven vaccines - is inferior when it's never been done?

Israel is on the 5th booster "

So they've given out seven doses?

If so, then we'll see how that goes after there's been some time to study that.

If not, then it's impossible to know.

I suspect the claim is nonsense.

Manchester (she/her)

If a dog had 5 Rabies shots and still got Rabies I'd be asking questions.... bad analogy but easy to understand "

It's not the protocol here, but when I left Australia adults were recommended to get tetanus boosters every ten years *and* as a prophylactic when they injured themselves in a way that put themselves at risk for tetanus.

The only question I'm asking is "how can I not get tetanus, please and thank you". But your mileage may vary

That’s misinformation.

I suspect the claim is nonsense."

It's all gene therapy innit.

Sheeples.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

That’s misinformation.

Sheeples.

Winston "

If it's gene therapy does that make numbers not matter?

Five is the same as seven is the same as threw hundred?

Omg people have had three hundred Covid vaccines? *Faints*

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

If a dog had 5 Rabies shots and still got Rabies I'd be asking questions.... bad analogy but easy to understand "

what questions ?

But as you admit... It's bad analogy.

That’s misinformation.

Sheeples.

Winston

If it's gene therapy does that make numbers not matter?

Five is the same as seven is the same as threw hundred?

Omg people have had three hundred Covid vaccines? *Faints*"

Well, if we're talking numbers.....

https://youtu.be/F4m1tbJnyZI

Winston

Thought I'd woken up in 2020 for a moment. We still debating vaccines?

Central

1. Lucky

Cam you summarise?

Ask the question of why the professor is only on gb news why is gb news the only media reporting on the grooming gangs? Ect... When you can answer that question you will have your answer regardless of what I write.... use logic, reasoning and commonsense "

'logic, reasoning and commonsense...' would have us use appropriate sources for scientific research evidence, which would be peer-reviewed, of course. Media outlets may touch on things but are not valid or reliable.

In any event, this thread topic is based around the incorrect notion that the OP raised, their gross misunderstanding of vaccines and immunity.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

It's always been the way. As a small child I can remember being sent to play with a neighbour's kids because they had chicken pox.

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Everyone is entitled to have a view so please don’t take any offence. Would these reputable experts be roughly the same people working on

Cancer - 80+ years and no vaccine

Aids - roughly 35/40 years and no vaccine

The common cold - been around forever and no vaccine

The strange thing is that within a year of covid as you have stated in your post, 5, yes FIVE vaccines are available for this. It just seems odd to me.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I’ve had 3 shots and have tested positive for COVID before and since being vaccinated. Neither was more than a mild sore throat. Not planning on taking more COVID vaccines unless I need them for travel which is highly unlikely or if there’s a/ one that actually works b/ covid situation changes & becomes potentially dangerous to (my) health

Reading

Everyone is entitled to have a view so please don’t take any offence. Would these reputable experts be roughly the same people working on

The strange thing is that within a year of covid as you have stated in your post, 5, yes FIVE vaccines are available for this. It just seems odd to me.

"

Cancer is not a viral illness, there are also many, many different types of cancer. RT & Chemo were developed to clear the body of cancer, I for one am very glad they exist.

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Cancer is not a viral illness, there are also many, many different types of cancer. RT & Chemo were developed to clear the body of cancer, I for one am very glad they exist.

"

I wasn’t specifically picking viruses. Those were the 3 that came to mind. I’m glad you have had the benefit of the research done.

My point was we have had these things with us for decades and only made small steps, 1 year into covid, a virus never seen before and we get 5 vaccines.

By *ddmanMan  over a year ago

Norwich

"

To be fair, it's the tools available to molecular biology increasing in fidelity and effectiveness at a similar pace as other technology sectors coupled with political will to actually employ it for the public good.

(a plague that could kill our political class without them being caught with thier pants down, or even actually getting to enjoy thier pants being down? Unacceptable!)

In the last 40 years since smallpox was eradicated and HIV emerged, we've had vaccines against

- argentine haemorrhagic fever

- chicken pox (and shingles)

- dengue

- enterovirus 71 (foot and mouth)

- hepatitis A

- hepatitis B

- hepatitis E

- hantavirus

- HPV (a very common cause of cancer)

- influenza (several improvements)

- Lyme disease

- malaria

- query fever

- rotavirus

Sounds obscure? Sure. Saves economies billions? Absolutely. Profitable to patent? Definitely.

A least the tech breakthrough that permitted rapid covid vaccine development means that some fresh HIV vaccine trials in humans are beginning this year.

The common cold, sadly isn't very common, entire families of viruses cause the symptoms. That said iteration in covid vaccines many knock out a chunk of those.

Cancer is a disease with many and various causes. We'd be very lucky to find a single point to manipulate it so we have to address the instigating issues like HPV one at a time.

Central

I wasn’t specifically picking viruses. Those were the 3 that came to mind. I’m glad you have had the benefit of the research done.

My point was we have had these things with us for decades and only made small steps, 1 year into covid, a virus never seen before and we get 5 vaccines. "

You sound rightly impressed with the vaccine successes from the pandemic, though are potentially not seeing the great advances in treatments for many cancers, HIV etc - many thousands of lives saved.

The pandemic enabled many decades of research and development to come to fruition. Just take a look at how the Oxford team used their wealth of expertise to quickly progress, if you've not the time to look at several of them. They've explained extensively about how they pulled it off. These vaccines and the major work with evaluation of existing drugs, for potential repurposing for covid treatment, were phenomenal in their success, due to the substantial global collaboration between experts from many disciplines.

This collaborative approach has existed for years but was truly revolutionised by Covid. Governments facilitated of course, partly driven by fears of economic damage. Such approaches could continue for other conditions but you'll notice how there's pressure to revert to normal, as funding and facilitation stops. .

If we'd not had decades of vaccine and other scientific experience behind us, including in mRNA teams, we'd have faced different outcomes. We're very fortunate that we live in a richer country that secured access to vaccine supplies and that they helped to pull everyone here away from greater catastrophe.

By *uckscpl_bi_femCouple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

The vaccine must work I mean Bidens had 4 jabs and only caught covid twice this month

Central

"The vaccine must work I mean Bidens had 4 jabs and only caught covid twice this month"

I think you've repeated the mistaken premise of vaccines, from the OP.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Baecause no "Vaccine" can or does stop you getting the disease ( as that's 100% tin foil hat thinkining) as with most vaccines it depends on a certain % getting vaccinated aswell and all diseases/vaccines all have slightly different % rates and it does however stop you suffering from the worse effects of the disease ?? according to Mrs4 mad scientist friend anyway ...and abit more complicated than the above but that's the bare bones and as he pointed out that's where the Anti vaxxers get you bit like religion they state a untruth loosely based on ....and once you acccept that premise they can get you to belive just about anything ???

Stopped transmission

Was permanent

Xx"

Are you really that ignorant that you don’t understand the difference between a vaccine and a cure?

Manchester (she/her)

My point was we have had these things with us for decades and only made small steps, 1 year into covid, a virus never seen before and we get 5 vaccines. "

The world freaked and threw a fuckton of money at it

It's an unprecedented level of research etc

teleford

"The vaccine must work I mean Bidens had 4 jabs and only caught covid twice this month"

He tested positive, he didn’t have symptoms, is that not circumstantial evidence of vaccination working... or you could take the view held but many conspiracy believers that the likes of Biden have not been vaccinated with the same vaccine as the plebs in which is has been used for depopulation...

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"It isn’t a vaccine

It’s mRNA And it’s gene therapy

Wake up please… so many unnatural deaths, fact checkers don’t let you post about it… watch gb news they tell the truth not what the bbc tell you"

is the excess deaths ?

Just found a interesting spectator article which suggest more excess deaths at home, and less I. Hospital and care homes. If this were vaccine related you'd expect it across the board. It looks like it may be a function of COVID on our health system.

Manchester (she/her)

"The vaccine must work I mean Bidens had 4 jabs and only caught covid twice this month

He tested positive, he didn’t have symptoms, is that not circumstantial evidence of vaccination working... or you could take the view held but many conspiracy believers that the likes of Biden have not been vaccinated with the same vaccine as the plebs in which is has been used for depopulation... "

Is the line that Paxlovid rebound is two separate bouts of Covid?

Sweet baby Jesus

Tin town

"It isn’t a vaccine

Wake up please… so many unnatural deaths, fact checkers don’t let you post about it… watch gb news they tell the truth not what the bbc tell youis the excess deaths ?

Just found a interesting spectator article which suggest more excess deaths at home, and less I. Hospital and care homes. If this were vaccine related you'd expect it across the board. It looks like it may be a function of COVID on our health system. "

What information do you have that would cause you to come to that conclusion.? It could be that the gp's and ambulance service have been na absolute shambles for the last 2 years and they couldn't actually get admitted to a hospital to die ? It could be global warming? It could be the fact we were locked in for a long time or any combination of factors couldn't it?

Manchester (she/her)

"It isn’t a vaccine

Wake up please… so many unnatural deaths, fact checkers don’t let you post about it… watch gb news they tell the truth not what the bbc tell youis the excess deaths ?

Just found a interesting spectator article which suggest more excess deaths at home, and less I. Hospital and care homes. If this were vaccine related you'd expect it across the board. It looks like it may be a function of COVID on our health system.

What information do you have that would cause you to come to that conclusion.? It could be that the gp's and ambulance service have been na absolute shambles for the last 2 years and they couldn't actually get admitted to a hospital to die ? It could be global warming? It could be the fact we were locked in for a long time or any combination of factors couldn't it? "

To the extent there are excess deaths, it'd need to be examined to establish causes. It's likely multifactorial.