FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Monkey pox, smallpox. Vaccination.

Monkey pox, smallpox. Vaccination.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you were offered the vaccination against these two, would you accept it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Let me think, an injection to reduce the risk of getting sick...

Tricky one.

"Let me think, an injection to reduce the risk of getting sick...

Tricky one. "

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"If you were offered the vaccination against these two, would you accept it?"

If I was offered by a medical professional that I had reason to trust, yes.

If I were offered by someone outside the medical field. I would have to look into what was going on before deciding

[Removed by poster at 03/08/22 14:19:49]

Tricky one. "

Not really you could eliminate the need to have it by not having sex with men as I understand it

Eastbourne (she/they)

Tricky one. Not really you could eliminate the need to have it by not having sex with men as I understand it"

Then your understanding is based on faulty information.

It is more prevalent among the gay community, not exclusive to it. It is also not a sexually transmitted disease.

It is transmitted through touch, the reason for the sexual link is because of how much touching goes on during sex.

At least that is my understanding after listening to Scientists whose agenda is treating disease.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Smallpox vaccine, yes

Vaccine specifically for monkeypox - after passing phase 3 clinical trials and being approved (conditionally or entirely) by the MHRA or a similar body.

Tricky one. Not really you could eliminate the need to have it by not having sex with men as I understand it

Then your understanding is based on faulty information.

It is more prevalent among the gay community, not exclusive to it. It is also not a sexually transmitted disease.

It is transmitted through touch, the reason for the sexual link is because of how much touching goes on during sex.

At least that is my understanding after listening to Scientists whose agenda is treating disease."

I think I heard it was through saliva to

Manchester (she/her)

I thought I saw a story about a tattoo and piercing shop in Spain giving monkeypox to several people

By *girl_briaTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicestershire Coalville

do you trust your government i dont

ill not have any jabs for anything they say is good for you do some homework and find out what the fuck is going on i did and now my eyes are wide open

Eastbourne (she/they)

"do you trust your government i dont

ill not have any jabs for anything they say is good for you do some homework and find out what the fuck is going on i did and now my eyes are wide open "

Who mentioned the government?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Smallpox, as of today I'd need to know the reason, for UK or overseas work and what area? Lots of questions initially, but against in principle, no.

Monkeypox, no. My husband who works extensively overseas and in some African states isn't advised to jab for this disease.

If you feel the need and it gives you confidence, jab away.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Smallpox has been eradicated worldwide. So no need for a live vaccination there! So...errr... no vaccination thanks

Monkeypox... I do not think I am at any risk whatsoever. So... errr... no vaccination there either.

How may jabs and pricks do people actually want?

By *hilledGuyClactonMan  over a year ago

Witham

Alot of ppl have never had a small pox vaccine.I only if you're over 50 you might've had one...

Any basic lab can make smallpox,So maybe they think it might be used has a wep by some countries...Rather have a jab then die from it

"Smallpox, as of today I'd need to know the reason, for UK or overseas work and what area? Lots of questions initially, but against in principle, no.

Monkeypox, no. My husband who works extensively overseas and in some African states isn't advised to jab for this disease.

If you feel the need and it gives you confidence, jab away.

"

Yes please Mrs

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wow. some really sarcastic and bitchy comments

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

No. I'd prefer my own immune system to do its own work. It has done me very good upto now so why not let it continue to do so.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

ill not have any jabs for anything they say is good for you do some homework and find out what the fuck is going on i did and now my eyes are wide open "

If only I knew that when I was 8 weeks? old I could have refused the vaccinations I was given then and at primary school and when they jabbed me with umpteen vaccinations before I went to Kenya, then there was Belize etc etc..

or have I missed the point your trying to make?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Tricky one. Not really you could eliminate the need to have it by not having sex with men as I understand it"

That wouldn't 'eliminate the need', it would possibly reduce the potential for you to need it. Health campaigns have for years talked of safeR sex, rather than safe sex, perhaps you could consider what you may have learned from those.

In any event, whilst this variant of monkey pox may have evolved to have become more readily transmitted during sex, this virus isn't solely infectious during sex - close contact with others, physical materials and other modes of transmission facilitate its spread.

I'd probably take the vaccine from medical staff.

Central

Bit of a long stretch to jump from not trusting this government, to never having vaccines for anything. . Intelligible medical information and evidence is available via sources other than UK government controlled agents.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Alot of ppl have never had a small pox vaccine.I only if you're over 50 you might've had one...

Any basic lab can make smallpox,So maybe they think it might be used has a wep by some countries...Rather have a jab then die from it "

A vaccine would have to be a live vaccine. So are you suggesting that your GP Surgery knocks up a batch of live Smallpox to inject into you in case you catch it from a world where it has been eradicated?

Keep going... what about Bubonic Plague?Like a wee injection of that? Maybe an injection of an autoimmune deficiancy type thing - just in case?

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"If you were offered the vaccination against these two, would you accept it?

No. I'd prefer my own immune system to do its own work. It has done me very good upto now so why not let it continue to do so. "

This .

Eastbourne (she/they)

"If you were offered the vaccination against these two, would you accept it?

No. I'd prefer my own immune system to do its own work. It has done me very good upto now so why not let it continue to do so. "

Do you look both ways when crossing the road?

No. I'd prefer to rely on my luck to do it's own work. I haven't been hit by a car up to now so why not let it continue to do so.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Why would I need it?

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

i think the general idea is that we shouldn’t question the science but trust the science and follow the governments guidance as they have the publics health at best interest. That’s why they told thousands of nhs staff to take the jab or else; because all of the guidance like lockdowns, restrictions; jabs, masks; are always made in the interest of safety and to keep us safe.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"If you were offered the vaccination against these two, would you accept it?i think the general idea is that we shouldn’t question the science but trust the science and follow the governments guidance as they have the publics health at best interest. That’s why they told thousands of nhs staff to take the jab or else; because all of the guidance like lockdowns, restrictions; jabs, masks; are always made in the interest of safety and to keep us safe. "

Pahahaaha I hope your being sarcastic

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Try googling "an idiots guide to vaccines"

By *ack 500Man  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Tell them where stick it !!!

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"If you were offered the vaccination against these two, would you accept it?i think the general idea is that we shouldn’t question the science but trust the science and follow the governments guidance as they have the publics health at best interest. That’s why they told thousands of nhs staff to take the jab or else; because all of the guidance like lockdowns, restrictions; jabs, masks; are always made in the interest of safety and to keep us safe. "

if science cannot be questioned but have to be trusted - then it isn’t science , it’s religion . Science and its progress lives from the concept of thesis and antithesis . As such, as research depends on funding , science is also vulnerable to corruption . In order to obtain funding the scientific community has been caught often enough issuing scientific sounding statements to feed a narrative in exchange for research funding

chester

"If you were offered the vaccination against these two, would you accept it?i think the general idea is that we shouldn’t question the science but trust the science and follow the governments guidance as they have the publics health at best interest. That’s why they told thousands of nhs staff to take the jab or else; because all of the guidance like lockdowns, restrictions; jabs, masks; are always made in the interest of safety and to keep us safe.

if science cannot be questioned but have to be trusted - then it isn’t science , it’s religion . Science and its progress lives from the concept of thesis and antithesis . As such, as research depends on funding , science is also vulnerable to corruption . In order to obtain funding the scientific community has been caught often enough issuing scientific sounding statements to feed a narrative in exchange for research funding "

Nail hit squarely on the head

all around

"If you were offered the vaccination against these two, would you accept it?i think the general idea is that we shouldn’t question the science but trust the science and follow the governments guidance as they have the publics health at best interest. That’s why they told thousands of nhs staff to take the jab or else; because all of the guidance like lockdowns, restrictions; jabs, masks; are always made in the interest of safety and to keep us safe.

if science cannot be questioned but have to be trusted - then it isn’t science , it’s religion . Science and its progress lives from the concept of thesis and antithesis . As such, as research depends on funding , science is also vulnerable to corruption . In order to obtain funding the scientific community has been caught often enough issuing scientific sounding statements to feed a narrative in exchange for research funding "

It's fine to question science, scientists do it all the time. Unfortunately conspiracy theorists aren't scientists and have no knowledge or understanding of what they are questioning rather they are afraid of what they cannot comprehend

chester

if science cannot be questioned but have to be trusted - then it isn’t science , it’s religion . Science and its progress lives from the concept of thesis and antithesis . As such, as research depends on funding , science is also vulnerable to corruption . In order to obtain funding the scientific community has been caught often enough issuing scientific sounding statements to feed a narrative in exchange for research funding

It's fine to question science, scientists do it all the time. Unfortunately conspiracy theorists aren't scientists and have no knowledge or understanding of what they are questioning rather they are afraid of what they cannot comprehend "

Ah the default insult "conspiracy theorists" so if a world renowned scientist in whatever field of expertise said the exact opposite of what the government /billionaire funded scientists said would they be a "conspiracy theorist"?

Eastbourne (she/they)

It's fine to question science, scientists do it all the time. Unfortunately conspiracy theorists aren't scientists and have no knowledge or understanding of what they are questioning rather they are afraid of what they cannot comprehend

Ah the default insult "conspiracy theorists" so if a world renowned scientist in whatever field of expertise said the exact opposite of what the government /billionaire funded scientists said would they be a "conspiracy theorist"? "

if it was literally just them from the scientific community, yes!

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

"Try googling "an idiots guide to vaccines""

Some people need to try "an idiots guide to googling". It might help to avoid some of the conspiracy nonsense they have swallowed

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Try googling "an idiots guide to vaccines"

Some people need to try "an idiots guide to googling". It might help to avoid some of the conspiracy nonsense they have swallowed "

In my experience a lot of people that fall for conspiracy theories think google is a leftist tool of the elite and not to be trusted.... so....

all around

Ah the default insult "conspiracy theorists" so if a world renowned scientist in whatever field of expertise said the exact opposite of what the government /billionaire funded scientists said would they be a "conspiracy theorist"? "

They do, frequently.

Based on logic and facts not kar ns opinion.

Central

Some rather peculiar takes on what you think the scientific method/process is.

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

I trust the gov and BBC, so if it's anything like the last one it'll only be 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

There is a big difference between providing valid reasons and evidence that "science" is wrong, and just saying "Scientists are lying to gain funding" whilst providing any evidence that this is true or any "scientific evidence" to dispute these scientists.

Cal

Tin town

"Wow. some really sarcastic and bitchy comments "

There's no vaccine against those unfortunately

Tin town

It's fine to question science, scientists do it all the time. Unfortunately conspiracy theorists aren't scientists and have no knowledge or understanding of what they are questioning rather they are afraid of what they cannot comprehend "

"scientists" can't be questioned.... Right you are then... Where has this cult of the super being come from. For gods sake the pure arrogance and stupidity of it.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

No I would not take it

By *la87Man  over a year ago

acton

Like someone already said 95% of the infected are gay or bisexual men. And a not insignificant percentage have HIV. I'm thinking perhaps I don't need it.

merseyside

"Tell them where stick it !!!"

In your arse it is then, sir.

merseyside

"scientists" can't be questioned.... Right you are then... Where has this cult of the super being come from. For gods sake the pure arrogance and stupidity of it. "

Think you find scientists question science and other fellow scientists on the chosen area of expertise and subject matter relating to and work / research etc they are involved.

Do they come on sex site forums to discuss their findings or for help when all other avenues are lost.

Probably not.

Tin town

"scientists" can't be questioned.... Right you are then... Where has this cult of the super being come from. For gods sake the pure arrogance and stupidity of it.

Think you find scientists question science and other fellow scientists on the chosen area of expertise and subject matter relating to and work / research etc they are involved.

Do they come on sex site forums to discuss their findings or for help when all other avenues are lost.

Probably not.

"

Believe it or not. People other than "scientists" know stuff and have opinions. People have personal experiences of what "science" has done to them. They are more than capable of thought to question and challenge any science or scientists and so they should. You don't need to be an engineer to question how a car performs or a vaccum cleaner designer to discuss how the latest Dyson is performing on mums net. It's ludicrous to suggest that only scientists should be able to challenge and question other scientists.

merseyside

Probably not.

Believe it or not. People other than "scientists" know stuff and have opinions. People have personal experiences of what "science" has done to them. They are more than capable of thought to question and challenge any science or scientists and so they should. You don't need to be an engineer to question how a car performs or a vaccum cleaner designer to discuss how the latest Dyson is performing on mums net. It's ludicrous to suggest that only scientists should be able to challenge and question other scientists. "

Question away, feel free.

My point really, in a light hearted way, was scientists asking advice, discussing their findings on a sex site ?

Still think it's highly unlikely but maybe they do.

Have fun.

all around

Probably not.

Believe it or not. People other than "scientists" know stuff and have opinions. People have personal experiences of what "science" has done to them. They are more than capable of thought to question and challenge any science or scientists and so they should. You don't need to be an engineer to question how a car performs or a vaccum cleaner designer to discuss how the latest Dyson is performing on mums net. It's ludicrous to suggest that only scientists should be able to challenge and question other scientists. "

Anyone is capable of asking questions, giving opinions is another matter entirely and Karen making wild and idiotic claims well that's where the tin hats come into it

all around

Example

It's natural to question what the contents of the covid vaccines were.

Making claims about the dangers of the contents of the covid vaccines makes the claimant lose all credibility because the vast majority of prior are incapable of knowing what the ingredients are. In fact some substances in small quantities are beneficial to the human body but increase the quantity and the same substance can be fatal.

Tin town

Probably not.

Believe it or not. People other than "scientists" know stuff and have opinions. People have personal experiences of what "science" has done to them. They are more than capable of thought to question and challenge any science or scientists and so they should. You don't need to be an engineer to question how a car performs or a vaccum cleaner designer to discuss how the latest Dyson is performing on mums net. It's ludicrous to suggest that only scientists should be able to challenge and question other scientists.

Anyone is capable of asking questions, giving opinions is another matter entirely and Karen making wild and idiotic claims well that's where the tin hats come into it"

Let me just double check.. Youre asserting that only scientists should be permitted an opinion? Have i read that correctly?

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

OMG such a 1980s response to a virus !

The only reason gay and bi sexual men are being singled out is because of the perceived lifestyle that they’re at it with numerous partners and not taking precautions, I can see it now just like HIV all the haters coming out in their droves calling it the gay disease ! Talk about setting society back 40 years FFS !!

If you are on fab and actually getting any group sex or sex with multiple partners then you also fit into the bracket of being high risk and offered the vaccine !,

Scaremongering and political propaganda at its highest just as society is starting to become more tolerant

Manchester (she/her)

Probably not.

Anyone is capable of asking questions, giving opinions is another matter entirely and Karen making wild and idiotic claims well that's where the tin hats come into it

Let me just double check.. Youre asserting that only scientists should be permitted an opinion? Have i read that correctly? "

I think we must speak different languages, because that's not what I read at all.

all around

[Removed by poster at 04/08/22 10:20:17]

all around

Probably not.

Let me just double check.. Youre asserting that only scientists should be permitted an opinion? Have i read that correctly? "

Anyone can have an opinion on anything.

Few can have a qualified opinion on anything

Very few can have a qualified opinion on everything

Most of the fervent posters here seem to think they can offer expert opinions on everything from vaccines to contagion, economic affairs to warfare tactics and all this while they fuck their way through the site

(Ok I made the last part up lol)

Seriously the forum should be about having fun and while (IMHO) it's ok to have opinions in anything and discuss these with others it usually ends up turning nasty when the conspiracy theories get debunked.

Tin town

Tricky one. Not really you could eliminate the need to have it by not having sex with men as I understand it

The only reason gay and bi sexual men are being singled out is because of the perceived lifestyle that they’re at it with numerous partners and not taking precautions, I can see it now just like HIV all the haters coming out in their droves calling it the gay disease ! Talk about setting society back 40 years FFS !!

If you are on fab and actually getting any group sex or sex with multiple partners then you also fit into the bracket of being high risk and offered the vaccine !,

Scaremongering and political propaganda at its highest just as society is starting to become more tolerant "

Maybe true. But the facts show there's a demographic (age, behaviour, sexuality) that are catching 95% of cases. Not sure it's sensible to ignore those facts. If and when the facts change, then so should the actions to prevent its spread.

Tin town

Probably not.

Let me just double check.. Youre asserting that only scientists should be permitted an opinion? Have i read that correctly?

Anyone can have an opinion on anything.

Few can have a qualified opinion on anything

Very few can have a qualified opinion on everything

Most of the fervent posters here seem to think they can offer expert opinions on everything from vaccines to contagion, economic affairs to warfare tactics and all this while they fuck their way through the site

(Ok I made the last part up lol)

Seriously the forum should be about having fun and while (IMHO) it's ok to have opinions in anything and discuss these with others it usually ends up turning nasty when the conspiracy theories get debunked.

"

Well yes on that we agree. There's no reason why intelligent debate and discourse needs to become unpleasant and aggressive. If we all agreed they'd be pretty stale fora after a while.

Manchester (she/her)

Scaremongering and political propaganda at its highest just as society is starting to become more tolerant

Maybe true. But the facts show there's a demographic (age, behaviour, sexuality) that are catching 95% of cases. Not sure it's sensible to ignore those facts. If and when the facts change, then so should the actions to prevent its spread. "

So, as more children and adults outside MSM catch it - we see this before our eyes - we should do nothing?

Sorry, Junior, you're scarred for life after having a six week illness, because we thought it only hurt teh ghey. Maybe you can give your classmates tips on getting through it and explain to them why adults are lazy and feckless.

Tin town

Maybe true. But the facts show there's a demographic (age, behaviour, sexuality) that are catching 95% of cases. Not sure it's sensible to ignore those facts. If and when the facts change, then so should the actions to prevent its spread.

So, as more children and adults outside MSM catch it - we see this before our eyes - we should do nothing?

Sorry, Junior, you're scarred for life after having a six week illness, because we thought it only hurt teh ghey. Maybe you can give your classmates tips on getting through it and explain to them why adults are lazy and feckless."

Are kids currently spreading it in classrooms?

Manchester (she/her)

Sorry, Junior, you're scarred for life after having a six week illness, because we thought it only hurt teh ghey. Maybe you can give your classmates tips on getting through it and explain to them why adults are lazy and feckless.

Are kids currently spreading it in classrooms? "

Don't know. Insufficient testing and data at this stage.

But it's clear that it's spreading, it's spreading beyond these communities, and the mechanisms of spread are not limited to sex between men. (Robust fomites, droplets, airborne documented in the pre Covid era)

So - obviously we protect people by doing nothing? I suppose it is what masquerades for public health these days

Tin town

But it's clear that it's spreading, it's spreading beyond these communities, and the mechanisms of spread are not limited to sex between men. (Robust fomites, droplets, airborne documented in the pre Covid era)

So - obviously we protect people by doing nothing? I suppose it is what masquerades for public health these days "

Denial doesn't masquerade as serving public health either.

Because kids might catch it but currently aren't and because men of certain age and sexual proclivities are... We should water down the message. To serve public health. Don't see how that helps but we often see things differently. Which is allowed.

Manchester (she/her)

So - obviously we protect people by doing nothing? I suppose it is what masquerades for public health these days

Denial doesn't masquerade as serving public health either.

Because kids might catch it but currently aren't and because men of certain age and sexual proclivities are... We should water down the message. To serve public health. Don't see how that helps but we often see things differently. Which is allowed. "

I'm not claiming you're not allowed your perspective. I've never claimed that.

I think it's foolish - which is not a synonym for forbidden - and if we continue down this path a lot of people will suffer. The virus is spread in ways other than through bollocks touching during anal sex. Women and children are catching it. If you think being aware of that and warning people is watering down public health, then I don't know what to tell you.

I hope when it comes to gen Z and Alpha judging us for what we've unleashed upon them, they'll know that some of us tried.

By *ig for your wifeMan  over a year ago

Bicester

Let me think all lies and dose nothing to protect you. It was a plandemic end of if you think any different you need you're head checking

Manchester (she/her)

"Let me think all lies and dose nothing to protect you. It was a plandemic end of if you think any different you need you're head checking "

You do know that smallpox and monkeypox are not coronaviruses, right?

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Denial doesn't masquerade as serving public health either.

Because kids might catch it but currently aren't and because men of certain age and sexual proclivities are... We should water down the message. To serve public health. Don't see how that helps but we often see things differently. Which is allowed.

I think it's foolish - which is not a synonym for forbidden - and if we continue down this path a lot of people will suffer. The virus is spread in ways other than through bollocks touching during anal sex. Women and children are catching it. If you think being aware of that and warning people is watering down public health, then I don't know what to tell you.

I hope when it comes to gen Z and Alpha judging us for what we've unleashed upon them, they'll know that some of us tried."

Way I see the current data being described, denial would be to ignore that there are more and more cases that are not in the MSM community. Denial would be to leave that unchecked and as a result have more kids get sick.

You can recognise a majority is in a specific area and focus your attention on that, this doesn't mean you should ignore the other area where it is occuring.

Straight from the NHS website (I know who would want to quote an actual health provider)

How you get monkeypox

Monkeypox can be passed on from person to person through:

- any close physical contact with monkeypox blisters or scabs (including during sexual contact, kissing, cuddling or holding hands)

- touching clothing, bedding or towels used by someone with monkeypox

- the coughs or sneezes of a person with monkeypox when they're close to you

(there's more but that only applies if you have been to africa recently)

It is perfectly capable of spreading between anyone. It is increasingly doing so, why ignore that?

Manchester (she/her)

I hope when it comes to gen Z and Alpha judging us for what we've unleashed upon them, they'll know that some of us tried.

Way I see the current data being described, denial would be to ignore that there are more and more cases that are not in the MSM community. Denial would be to leave that unchecked and as a result have more kids get sick.

You can recognise a majority is in a specific area and focus your attention on that, this doesn't mean you should ignore the other area where it is occuring.

Straight from the NHS website (I know who would want to quote an actual health provider)

How you get monkeypox

- any close physical contact with monkeypox blisters or scabs (including during sexual contact, kissing, cuddling or holding hands)

It is perfectly capable of spreading between anyone. It is increasingly doing so, why ignore that?"

Because we might have to do something other than blame teh ghey, and donwanna *shrug*

Bicester

Yea but it's bull shit I'm not getting jabbed for any shit that comes out of our governments mouths. Lies, control, money, power, greed. Not once have ever tried to help us.

Tin town

How you get monkeypox

It is perfectly capable of spreading between anyone. It is increasingly doing so, why ignore that?"

Do you have facts to support that though? How many kids have caught it?

Bicester

Think what u want sheeeeeeeep

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Think what u want sheeeeeeeep "

Off topic post is off topic

Manchester (she/her)

How you get monkeypox

It is perfectly capable of spreading between anyone. It is increasingly doing so, why ignore that?

Do you have facts to support that though? How many kids have caught it? "

I can't link it per Fab rules, but if you search for the Amsterdam institute for Infection and Immunity, article 29 July 2022, "Monkeypox virus detected in a child in Amsterdam: 'We don't know how he got infected'"

It's one child, but sexual contact has been *excluded* in this case.

Also can't find a suitable link, but there's been an outbreak of at least 12 people in a Spanish tattoo and piercing shop, some of whom aren't men.

Yes, it's few and far between in reports so far, and even fewer and further in "stuff _naswingdress can recall off the top of her head", but it's clear it's not just spreading through touching bollocks. This is also confirmed by public health agencies who list methods of transmission that are not just gay.

I predict that this will go as well as the (should be) infamous "a child is more likely to be hit by a bus than catch Covid".

Manchester (she/her)

"Think what u want sheeeeeeeep "

Oh. Oh. I am overwhelmed by the sheer scholarly insight of this argument. I am convinced

Bicester

How is it ?? Your a sheep if you believe everything you are told by the media. You carry on being a sheep I'll stand alone a wolf

Eastbourne (she/they)

"How is it ?? Your a sheep if you believe everything you are told by the media. You carry on being a sheep I'll stand alone a wolf "

You know wolves are pack animals right? A wolf wouldn't stand alone.

Tin town

How you get monkeypox

I can't link it per Fab rules, but if you search for the Amsterdam institute for Infection and Immunity, article 29 July 2022, "Monkeypox virus detected in a child in Amsterdam: 'We don't know how he got infected'"

Also can't find a suitable link, but there's been an outbreak of at least 12 people in a Spanish tattoo and piercing shop, some of whom aren't men.

Yes, it's few and far between in reports so far, and even fewer and further in "stuff _naswingdress can recall off the top of her head", but it's clear it's not just spreading through touching bollocks. This is also confirmed by public health agencies who list methods of transmission that are not just gay.

I predict that this will go as well as the (should be) infamous "a child is more likely to be hit by a bus than catch Covid"."

Here's a link with latest UKHSA facts on it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/monkeypox-outbreak-technical-briefings/investigation-into-monkeypox-outbreak-in-england-technical-briefing-4

1 child under 16 has caught it in the UK.

99.1% of cases are male.

25 cases female. (and in previous report this number was 13) so yes it's spreading also in women.

Over 2/3 of cases are in London.

Majority are thought to be spreading through sexual contact.

Median age is 37.

merseyside

Probably not.

Sorry, never been on mums net to discuss performance of latest Dyson or anything else.

Of course you can come on a sex site to talk about medical issues but just don't expect me to take you seriously.

It's on-line pub talk, like the experts in boozers who pontificate nightly on the subjects they deem themselves somewhat expert or at least knowledgeable, great fun, all utter rubbish but great fun and a brilliant night.

I do it, talk shit about everything I know very little or nothing as I have to be professional and thoughtful during my work day and the pub and FAB are an antidote.

It's a laugh on here, I don't take anything on FAB too seriously and certainly wouldn't take advice on Covid, monkeypox or Dysons.

Correction.

I have taken advice on the holiday forums regarding transport from Beziers Airport and gate passes so I will have to eat my words and bow to your superior knowledge.

While your on, Dyson or Vax?

Manchester (she/her)

How you get monkeypox

I predict that this will go as well as the (should be) infamous "a child is more likely to be hit by a bus than catch Covid".

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/monkeypox-outbreak-technical-briefings/investigation-into-monkeypox-outbreak-in-england-technical-briefing-4

99.1% of cases are male.

25 cases female. (and in previous report this number was 13) so yes it's spreading also in women.

Median age is 37.

"

Ok, cool.

So we're gonna wait for a bunch of kids to get it rather than say "these are the ways people can catch it, everyone be careful"?

I hope anyone in a position of power who advocates this kind of negligence gets sued so hard it hurts their great-great-grandchildren

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Had all sorts including smallpox when I joined a hospital lab many decades ago so I have no fear of vaccines

Tin town

How you get monkeypox

99.1% of cases are male.

Median age is 37.

Ok, cool.

So we're gonna wait for a bunch of kids to get it rather than say "these are the ways people can catch it, everyone be careful"?

I hope anyone in a position of power who advocates this kind of negligence gets sued so hard it hurts their great-great-grandchildren "

They are saying all the ways they know that it can be caught... And the ways they are investigating as this outbreak is atypical. They aren't saying its exclusively anything. They are also saying that right now.. This is what's going on. And specific advise to that demographic. Because it makes sense to do so. No need to be so abrasive.

Manchester (she/her)

How you get monkeypox

99.1% of cases are male.

Median age is 37.

Ok, cool.

I hope anyone in a position of power who advocates this kind of negligence gets sued so hard it hurts their great-great-grandchildren

They are saying all the ways they know that it can be caught... And the ways they are investigating as this outbreak is atypical. They aren't saying its exclusively anything. They are also saying that right now.. This is what's going on. And specific advise to that demographic. Because it makes sense to do so. No need to be so abrasive. "

I'm old enough to remember when public health took precautionary steps and learned from HIV.

*Shrug*

Tin town

How you get monkeypox

99.1% of cases are male.

Median age is 37.

Ok, cool.

They are saying all the ways they know that it can be caught... And the ways they are investigating as this outbreak is atypical. They aren't saying its exclusively anything. They are also saying that right now.. This is what's going on. And specific advise to that demographic. Because it makes sense to do so. No need to be so abrasive.

I'm old enough to remember when public health took precautionary steps and learned from HIV.

*Shrug*"

What other precautionary steps and learnings should public health take from HIV?

Manchester (she/her)

How you get monkeypox

99.1% of cases are male.

Median age is 37.

Ok, cool.

*Shrug*

What other precautionary steps and learnings should public health take from HIV? "

Not assume only gay people can get it?

Warn people outside that risk group?

There are plenty of older queer people and public health people who are looking at all of this and going "fuck me, we learned nothing"

Tin town

How you get monkeypox

99.1% of cases are male.

Median age is 37.

Ok, cool.

*Shrug*

What other precautionary steps and learnings should public health take from HIV?

There are plenty of older queer people and public health people who are looking at all of this and going "fuck me, we learned nothing""

It's funny what people see isn't it? Because when I look at UKHSA BBC sky et Al. I see them very clearly saying anyone can catch it. And nobody is assuming only gbmsm can get it. If you've seen that anywhere... Well I haven't. Then I see the facts about where it is currently being caught in this outbreak.

Manchester (she/her)

How you get monkeypox

99.1% of cases are male.

Median age is 37.

Ok, cool.

*Shrug*

There are plenty of older queer people and public health people who are looking at all of this and going "fuck me, we learned nothing"

It's funny what people see isn't it? Because when I look at UKHSA BBC sky et Al. I see them very clearly saying anyone can catch it. And nobody is assuming only gbmsm can get it. If you've seen that anywhere... Well I haven't. Then I see the facts about where it is currently being caught in this outbreak. "

So if anyone can catch it and it's obvious, why do you think we should focus most of our energy on prevention in the MSM community?

Your point. Not mine.

I think focusing on MSM will lead to a lot of disfigured women, straight men, and children - who, like blood recipients in the 1980s, will feel insufficiently warned.

Siri, ask me how this is going in six months. (it won't take as long as the mess surrounding long term sequelae of Covid)

By *ark EdgeCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

You are aware that thanks to the small pox vaccine the disease was eradicated?

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/index.html#:~:text=Thanks%20to%20the%20success%20of,occurring%20smallpox%20have%20happened%20since.

By *ark EdgeCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

"Alot of ppl have never had a small pox vaccine.I only if you're over 50 you might've had one...

Any basic lab can make smallpox,So maybe they think it might be used has a wep by some countries...Rather have a jab then die from it

A vaccine would have to be a live vaccine. So are you suggesting that your GP Surgery knocks up a batch of live Smallpox to inject into you in case you catch it from a world where it has been eradicated?

Keep going... what about Bubonic Plague?Like a wee injection of that? Maybe an injection of an autoimmune deficiancy type thing - just in case?"

Care to look up yellow fever vaccination and other vaccinations commonly used today? Don't think there's any vaccine I've not administered over the years and only seen in anaphylaxis once. That's over 20 years administering thousands of doses.

https://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/types-of-vaccine

95% of monkeypox cases are either in gay or bisexual men. The other 5% are lying

If you've taken any vaccine your on borrowed time

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

"If you've taken any vaccine your on borrowed time "

We’re all on borrowed time today is a gift death is inevitable

"Wow. some really sarcastic and bitchy comments

There's no vaccine against those unfortunately "

There is one, some have just taken up to three versions of it but it will take up to 3-5 years to filter old the sarcastic and bitchy ones.

» Add a new message to this topic