FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Monkey pox / gay Bi guys?

Monkey pox / gay Bi guys?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tslife222 OP   Man  over a year ago

by the sea louth

With supposedly 98% of recorded cases of monkey pox being found in the MSM grouping

The world health organisation has been recommending that men who have sex with other men (MSM) whether identifying as gay/ bisexual or straight - should limit the amount of partners due to the spread of the virus.

I’m finding a lot of this discourse very disturbing in that the virus appears to spread easily among the general population and very quickly too.

And a lot Of the media speculation reminds me of the AIDS epidemic of the 1980’s

And the horrible terms like “ The gay plague” .

It was only when AIDS spread to the general population that governments worldwide appeared to take notice and introduce awareness campaigns and medical treatments

Are we seeing the beginnings of this type of harmful and damaging agenda again???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I'm not sure it's an agenda. It's more following the cases and making recommendations based on the evidence.

By *tslife222 OP   Man  over a year ago

by the sea louth

"I'm not sure it's an agenda. It's more following the cases and making recommendations based on the evidence."

True - however it’s just very very reminiscent off the aids epidemic discourse

And why not the same urgency with rollout of vaccines etc as there was with Covid?

And to cap it off you’ve now got elements of the right wing especially in the states latching onto this and trying to exploit at the expense of the MSM community.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Yes in the aids epidemic it also disproportionately effected gay men. Hiv is far far easier to catch via anal sex than via vaginal sex.

They reson we aren't seeing the same response as with covid is we aren't seeing the death and life threatening disease with moneybox than we did with covid.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes in the aids epidemic it also disproportionately effected gay men. Hiv is far far easier to catch via anal sex than via vaginal sex.

They reson we aren't seeing the same response as with covid is we aren't seeing the death and life threatening disease with moneybox than we did with covid. "

Sorry how do you work that out? “hiv is easier to catch via anal sex than vaginal sex” I think any woman who got hiv of her husband would disagree with you.

By *ddmanMan  over a year ago

Norwich

"Yes in the aids epidemic it also disproportionately effected gay men. Hiv is far far easier to catch via anal sex than via vaginal sex.

They reson we aren't seeing the same response as with covid is we aren't seeing the death and life threatening disease with moneybox than we did with covid.

Sorry how do you work that out? “hiv is easier to catch via anal sex than vaginal sex” I think any woman who got hiv of her husband would disagree with you. "

Then she would, sadly, be misinformed.

She'd have been much less likely to have received it from him by unprotected vaginal sex than unprotected anal.

HIV transmission events per 10,000 sexual acts, per the CDC (the first authority I found with a quick Google)

Receptive Anal Intercourse 138

Insertive Anal Intercourse 11

Receptive Penile-Vaginal Intercourse 8

Insertive Penile-Vaginal Intercourse 4

Receptive Oral Intercourse Low

Insertive Oral Intercourse Low

[Removed by poster at 15/08/22 17:29:31]

Sorry how do you work that out? “hiv is easier to catch via anal sex than vaginal sex” I think any woman who got hiv of her husband would disagree with you.

She'd have been much less likely to have received it from him by unprotected vaginal sex than unprotected anal.

HIV transmission events per 10,000 sexual acts, per the CDC (the first authority I found with a quick Google)

"

I know about oral because the stomach acids however I would question vaginal sex. Unless your googled statement confirms it was “straight” couples only and does not include gay men (many don’t fuck woman) however does include straight men who fuck men or get fucked by men if it’s included in your googled statement I stand corrected. I’m speaking from a medical point of view and any woman reading this be safe just in case.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I know about oral because the stomach acids however I would question vaginal sex. Unless your googled statement confirms it was “straight” couples only and does not include gay men (many don’t fuck woman) however does include straight men who fuck men or get fucked by men if it’s included in your googled statement I stand corrected. I’m speaking from a medical point of view and any woman reading this be safe just in case. "

Everdays a school day...

Here's a link that has some of the info above...

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

I know about oral because the stomach acids however I would question vaginal sex. Unless your googled statement confirms it was “straight” couples only and does not include gay men (many don’t fuck woman) however does include straight men who fuck men or get fucked by men if it’s included in your googled statement I stand corrected. I’m speaking from a medical point of view and any woman reading this be safe just in case.

Everdays a school day...

Here's a link that has some of the info above...

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html

"

Acording to Aidsinfo 54% of people with HIV are female.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I do think that it’s the fact that gay/bi men are more likely to go and see someone about it if they catch it.

Straight men will shy away from it because they don’t want wagging tongues knowing that they have caught it.

Just imagine trying to convince your family/friends that “honest I don’t know where I got it

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"I do think that it’s the fact that gay/bi men are more likely to go and see someone about it if they catch it.

Straight men will shy away from it because they don’t want wagging tongues knowing that they have caught it.

Just imagine trying to convince your family/friends that “honest I don’t know where I got it

"

Would they have to tell all their friends and family though?

I sort of see your point but at the same time, why would anyone need to tell their friends and family? Excluding sexual or life partner. Is thst something people would do regardless of whatever?

anal sex is risky because of the membrane in your backside its why pain killers can go that way as its absorbed very easy same with hiv and other std its why people get addicted to coffee enemas or wine enemas ...the vagina has very thick walls to the bloodstream compare to the anal cavatiy

[Removed by poster at 15/08/22 20:06:34]

Shangri-La

"anal sex is risky because of the membrane in your backside its why pain killers can go that way as its absorbed very easy same with hiv and other std its why people get addicted to coffee enemas or wine enemas ...the vagina has very thick walls to the bloodstream compare to the anal cavatiy"

Alot of ladies would see that and be like " well just another reason not to bum bum " !

Jokes aside, your comment. I don't think people are nearly enough aware of that and how you can lock the front door as much as you like but means nothing unless you secure the back door too! I never knew that until I was given suppository pain killer years ago, and me being me had to ask the million questions as to why up there and not just pills!

Sadder to say ( I blame on going to a connvent school and their version of sex education) I was around 25/26 when the penny dropped as to why there were flavored condoms!!

I read an article about this in the Guardian about 2-3 weeks ago and its effing horrible.

Massive ulcerated sores all around this guys anus and he screamed every time he went to the toilet and it lasted 4 weeks!! I see so many people being careless and proudly announcing bareback but is it really worth it!

BUT REMEMBER MONKEY POX IS NOT AN STD - you can catch it other ways not just having sex. So there shouldnt be stigma.

Tin town

"anal sex is risky because of the membrane in your backside its why pain killers can go that way as its absorbed very easy same with hiv and other std its why people get addicted to coffee enemas or wine enemas ...the vagina has very thick walls to the bloodstream compare to the anal cavatiy

Alot of ladies would see that and be like " well just another reason not to bum bum " !

Jokes aside, your comment. I don't think people are nearly enough aware of that and how you can lock the front door as much as you like but means nothing unless you secure the back door too! I never knew that until I was given suppository pain killer years ago, and me being me had to ask the million questions as to why up there and not just pills!

Sadder to say ( I blame on going to a connvent school and their version of sex education) I was around 25/26 when the penny dropped as to why there were flavored condoms!! "

I agree that we should all have much better knowledge of our bodies and infections being discussed. But then being careful and informed might be a bit edgy

"I'm not sure it's an agenda. It's more following the cases and making recommendations based on the evidence."
I'm not sure it's an agenda. It's more following the cases and making recommendations based on the evidence I'd have to agree, I don't see any agenda.the only thing I see of concern is the lack of vaccinations. I think if common sense and a little self control is observed then it will pass. Oh and not fuckin any monkeys would also help. top tip

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

The newspapers must be loving this topic.

Manna from heaven during the silly season.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Abstinence has never really been a great strategy for a society of sexually adventurous people in it.

It's sad now, when this crisis isn't well controlled, that I hear that no new vaccination appointments will be offered, due to lack of vaccine stock.

Shangri-La

"anal sex is risky because of the membrane in your backside its why pain killers can go that way as its absorbed very easy same with hiv and other std its why people get addicted to coffee enemas or wine enemas ...the vagina has very thick walls to the bloodstream compare to the anal cavatiy

Sadder to say ( I blame on going to a connvent school and their version of sex education) I was around 25/26 when the penny dropped as to why there were flavored condoms!!

I agree that we should all have much better knowledge of our bodies and infections being discussed. But then being careful and informed might be a bit edgy"

We should all try and be a but edger

Here's is my take no offense to LGBTQ and trans. Live your life being in the military I have a better understanding of how life is precious. Take precautions to the best of your ability. You know the risks but you have to accept that outcome. You signed up for that. Just like others ina different perspective. Same thing different injury and death. Love ya .

Shangri-La

"Here's is my take no offense to LGBTQ and trans. Live your life being in the military I have a better understanding of how life is precious. Take precautions to the best of your ability. You know the risks but you have to accept that outcome. You signed up for that. Just like others ina different perspective. Same thing different injury and death. Love ya ."

It's completely different! Joining the military was a choice you made where as being straight/bi/gay/trans isn't a choice. The 2 are completely incomparable.

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"Here's is my take no offense to LGBTQ and trans. Live your life being in the military I have a better understanding of how life is precious. Take precautions to the best of your ability. You know the risks but you have to accept that outcome. You signed up for that. Just like others ina different perspective. Same thing different injury and death. Love ya .

It's completely different! Joining the military was a choice you made where as being straight/bi/gay/trans isn't a choice. The 2 are completely incomparable. "

I think he's referring to the sexual act as being a choice you make, not being of a particular orientation

Shangri-La

"Here's is my take no offense to LGBTQ and trans. Live your life being in the military I have a better understanding of how life is precious. Take precautions to the best of your ability. You know the risks but you have to accept that outcome. You signed up for that. Just like others ina different perspective. Same thing different injury and death. Love ya .

It's completely different! Joining the military was a choice you made where as being straight/bi/gay/trans isn't a choice. The 2 are completely incomparable.

I think he's referring to the sexual act as being a choice you make, not being of a particular orientation"

Then I'm more than happy to apologise if reading it out of context.

By *hickenkormaMan  over a year ago

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

https://www.tht.org.uk/news/heterosexual-hiv-diagnoses-overtake-those-gay-men-first-time-decade

Obviously still easy enough to catch it vaginally, unless theres alot of bum fun going on in hetro couples.

By *ddmanMan  over a year ago

Norwich

"https://www.tht.org.uk/news/heterosexual-hiv-diagnoses-overtake-those-gay-men-first-time-decade

Obviously still easy enough to catch it vaginally, unless theres alot of bum fun going on in hetro couples."

There are more couples giving it a punt

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/aug/11/rise-in-popularity-of-anal-sex-has-led-to-health-problems-for-women

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

A lot of bi and gay men these days take Prep as well (if they don't they really should) i do. not something hetero men or woman take or are even aware of it.

Zzzzzzzzz. It's all BS. DO NOT COMPLY. X

I think he's referring to the sexual act as being a choice you make, not being of a particular orientation

Then I'm more than happy to apologise if reading it out of context. "

I was stating take precautions and i not a he.

By *unnyPairCouple  over a year ago

Seminole

Not judging or saying anything towards anyone, but we have several adult toy stores with attached theaters near us. We like toy stores and all the rest, but these places each probably have 150-200 visitors a day who play in the theaters. Might be two women involved per day and several of the guys in there stay for hours. We went thinking it would be fun, and in a no risk society it would be, but knowing the amount of partners shared in just one of those places per day, we were perplexed. Surely there is a large part of society who has had a night or whatever where it got you worried. Imagine the turnover in just one of these places if something like AIDS was just kicking off. These guys drive from place to place fucking and god bless ‘em for it, but damn…it’s just amazing to think of how dangerous it can be.

By *nal-DelightTV/TS  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Christ almighty! At least you'll get over monkey pox, aids is for life.

A bus will kill you, even if your not standing in front of it.

And people are catching them all the time.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

A domestic pet dog has monkeypox now.

Tin town

"A domestic pet dog has monkeypox now. "

Is it a Gay or straight dog?

By *eeling0880Man  over a year ago

Pennines

Sadder to say ( I blame on going to a connvent school and their version of sex education) I was around 25/26 when the penny dropped as to why there were flavored condoms!! "

Was never a fan of the chocolate flavoured condom

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"A domestic pet dog has monkeypox now.

Is it a Gay or straight dog? "

It didn’t say but it did say the dog had shared a bed in an apartment with two men.

Tin town

It didn’t say but it did say the dog had shared a bed in an apartment with two men. "

If only the dog had used protection.

By *euve4usCouple  over a year ago

Teddington

"A lot of bi and gay men these days take Prep as well (if they don't they really should) i do. not something hetero men or woman take or are even aware of it.

"

We discussed PREP some time back with a bi male friend who is on PREP. Based on our discussions and as an extra precaution we both take PREP - condoms can still break. Clearly doesn’t stop other STIs.

So we would recommend anyone in the lifestyle to consider taking PREP - either through a sexual health clinic or though a reputable online purchase.

By *nwrap4funMan  over a year ago

Ireland

"I'm not sure it's an agenda. It's more following the cases and making recommendations based on the evidence.

True - however it’s just very very reminiscent off the aids epidemic discourse

And why not the same urgency with rollout of vaccines etc as there was with Covid?

And to cap it off you’ve now got elements of the right wing especially in the states latching onto this and trying to exploit at the expense of the MSM community."

Goes back to profits. If big pharma can't make money pit of it, they don't care

By *nwrap4funMan  over a year ago

Ireland

"With supposedly 98% of recorded cases of monkey pox being found in the MSM grouping

The world health organisation has been recommending that men who have sex with other men (MSM) whether identifying as gay/ bisexual or straight - should limit the amount of partners due to the spread of the virus.

I’m finding a lot of this discourse very disturbing in that the virus appears to spread easily among the general population and very quickly too.

And a lot Of the media speculation reminds me of the AIDS epidemic of the 1980’s

It was only when AIDS spread to the general population that governments worldwide appeared to take notice and introduce awareness campaigns and medical treatments

Are we seeing the beginnings of this type of harmful and damaging agenda again???"

No one is bothered because in America, the right wing evangelicals need someone to blame. It suits their agenda along with most of Opus Dei like minded groups to go on a "curing spree" for deviants -

Public health won't come out and lay the facts down for fear of being called out by Christian fundamentals

By *la87Man  over a year ago

acton

The facts in this case is that casual touching is low risk. And for whatever reason it's in the gay community and let's be honest men are more promiscuous than women so bi and gay men get around a lot more

Cases seem to be levelling off in the U.K. hopefully we’ll be over it soon. Fingers crossed that other countries can get it under control too

Tin town

"With supposedly 98% of recorded cases of monkey pox being found in the MSM grouping

Are we seeing the beginnings of this type of harmful and damaging agenda again???

No one is bothered because in America, the right wing evangelicals need someone to blame. It suits their agenda along with most of Opus Dei like minded groups to go on a "curing spree" for deviants -

Public health won't come out and lay the facts down for fear of being called out by Christian fundamentals "

What facts do you think aren't out there?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Really can't believe that ther are people around who don't see receiving unprotected anal sex as a high risk part-time

Central

[Removed by poster at 17/08/22 20:40:35]

Central

[Removed by poster at 17/08/22 20:41:05]

Central

"Really can't believe that ther are people around who don't see receiving unprotected anal sex as a high risk part-time "

Monkeypox may not be completely protected against by condoms use. It can be spread from microscopic dust from laundry etc, not needing penetrative sex, which is quite different from HIV, for example.

Tin town

"Really can't believe that ther are people around who don't see receiving unprotected anal sex as a high risk part-time

Monkeypox may not be completely protected against by condoms use. It can be spread from microscopic dust from laundry etc, not needing penetrative sex, which is quite different from HIV, for example. "

So are you saying condoms don't help reduce risk?

Sorry how do you work that out? “hiv is easier to catch via anal sex than vaginal sex” I think any woman who got hiv of her husband would disagree with you. "

Anal sex creates tiny rips and tears in the anal orifice making the transmission of any pathogen far easier than vaginal or oral sex

I read a news report of a monkey pox victim from Germany today, apparently he had undiagnosed hiv and syphilis infections, the hiv infection weakened his immune system so much that monkey pox rotted his nose away.. His nose looked like a giant scab

Shangri-La

Then I'm more than happy to apologise if reading it out of context. I was stating take precautions and i not a he. "

Then I do apologise for reading it wrong.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Dogs now..

A dog has been infected with monkeypox after catching the virus from its owner, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Really can't believe that ther are people around who don't see receiving unprotected anal sex as a high risk part-time

Monkeypox may not be completely protected against by condoms use. It can be spread from microscopic dust from laundry etc, not needing penetrative sex, which is quite different from HIV, for example. "

The 'scab dust' is the most risky part, as you say, anywhere infected dust can be transferred is infection risk to a new host.

Central

Monkeypox may not be completely protected against by condoms use. It can be spread from microscopic dust from laundry etc, not needing penetrative sex, which is quite different from HIV, for example.

So are you saying condoms don't help reduce risk? "

Condoms should hel0 to reduce the risk of infection, though I was highlighting in my reply that some changes in its potential infection routes from HIV, that it's fairly distinct from HIV.

By *megmaloverMan  over a year ago

inverness

True, gay men are more likely to attend std clinic routinely as well as with symptoms which may account for the levels. I suspect there are a lot of straight or “straight” guys out there that haven’t hit the radar yet.

I know about oral because the stomach acids however I would question vaginal sex. Unless your googled statement confirms it was “straight” couples only and does not include gay men (many don’t fuck woman) however does include straight men who fuck men or get fucked by men if it’s included in your googled statement I stand corrected. I’m speaking from a medical point of view and any woman reading this be safe just in case. "

It’s actual due to the tearing that occurs during anal sex, as there is no natural lubricant and the tissue inside the rectum is very thin. These small tears which may only cause slight discomfort or stinging will allow the virus to enter the bloodstream - note Anal sex has a higher transmission for many STI’s due to this reason .

By *atenaWoman  over a year ago

Hyde

I love how many tangents this thread has taken!

Soooo my 2p...

I worry that there is an 'agenda' but more so I worry that it just isn't being managed and rolled out well leaning people at risk.

Yes I get that there's more MSM with monkey pox...but many of the MSM a community won't be going to access STI/GUM services for to keeping their activities on the downlow.

We saw with the HIV epidemic that others can be affected too... the female partners of those MSM.

Us swingers are affected too.... due to higher amount of sexual partners (if lucky enough lol)

I question WHY sits being rolled out as an STI vaccine when it's not an STI and contracted via close bodily/skin contact. And I worry this means the vaccine won't be rolled out quickly enough.

By *atenaWoman  over a year ago

Hyde

"True, gay men are more likely to attend std clinic routinely as well as with symptoms which may account for the levels. I suspect there are a lot of straight or “straight” guys out there that haven’t hit the radar yet."

This is why they're using the term MSM.... as it includes 'straight' defining men who still fuck other men.

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple  over a year ago

Somerset

"

I question WHY sits being rolled out as an STI vaccine when it's not an STI and contracted via close bodily/skin contact. And I worry this means the vaccine won't be rolled out quickly enough. "

My guess it’s being rolled out at sexual health clinics because those most likely to catch it currently are MSM, and having sex with multiple partners, and therefore likely to be already in regular contact with such clinics for the provision of PREP, for example. It may not be an STI but in this outbreak it is currently almost exclusively spread by people having sex.Essentially, because vaccines are in short supply, with the exception of those that have been in contact with people known to have the disease or healthcare workers who look after them, only gay and bi men who have sex with multiple partners are eligible for a jab. Anyone who has tried to get a face to face appointment with a GP for the last two years will know that route is not likely to result in a quick rollout unless the government pay them additional funds. Nor would GPs necessarily have a data base of those most at risk to contact in the first instance. I was talking to a gay friend from London at a party a few days ago who takes his sexual health seriously and does have sex with multiple partners, and he was told he has a long wait for a monkey pox vaccine as there is very little to be had currently.

Central

"

I question WHY sits being rolled out as an STI vaccine when it's not an STI and contracted via close bodily/skin contact. And I worry this means the vaccine won't be rolled out quickly enough.

My guess it’s being rolled out at sexual health clinics because those most likely to catch it currently are MSM, and having sex with multiple partners, and therefore likely to be already in regular contact with such clinics for the provision of PREP, for example. It may not be an STI but in this outbreak it is currently almost exclusively spread by people having sex.Essentially, because vaccines are in short supply, with the exception of those that have been in contact with people known to have the disease or healthcare workers who look after them, only gay and bi men who have sex with multiple partners are eligible for a jab. Anyone who has tried to get a face to face appointment with a GP for the last two years will know that route is not likely to result in a quick rollout unless the government pay them additional funds. Nor would GPs necessarily have a data base of those most at risk to contact in the first instance. I was talking to a gay friend from London at a party a few days ago who takes his sexual health seriously and does have sex with multiple partners, and he was told he has a long wait for a monkey pox vaccine as there is very little to be had currently."

There's a pause in the vaccination of people, which were targeted at higher risk people, as you suggested. Just 1 out of the typical 2 doses have been given to each person.

More supplies are needed, at a time when the world again competes for stock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62551821

Monkeypox Hahaha

Ffs turn your TVs off and start enjoying life!

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"Monkeypox Hahaha

Ffs turn your TVs off and start enjoying life!"

Haven't even got a TV here, so all I know about monkey pox comes from Fab forum!

Central

"Monkeypox Hahaha

Ffs turn your TVs off and start enjoying life!"

Ignorance never helped people to stay healthy and alive, in dire times.

By *heesyheadbandMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

dang, did you see that guys nose?

I suppose any person old enough to have received a smallpox vaccine ( stopped in 1974?) will have protection from Monkey Pox in the high 80%'s.

Central

"I suppose any person old enough to have received a smallpox vaccine ( stopped in 1974?) will have protection from Monkey Pox in the high 80%'s. "

Do you have evidence of that, as I'm unsure of the persistence of immunity from the early vaccination.

The government seems to have been too slow and not taken a strong enough move, for vaccine acquisition and implementation. It risks becoming an endemic infection here, that could morph from being predominantly within the MSM community, into society at large, in my concerns.

Thankfully, the MSM population have made great progress in getting vaccinated, which is proving effective at driving infection levels downwards.

By *0rn1Man  over a year ago

soutport

It really is a strange one as it can be contracted from anywhere! From someone coughing/ sneezing on you to close contact/sharing bedding, clothes to sex….

So yes the media are pushing that this is a STD but It really is not… the stigma about it is unreal.

You don’t have to have sex to get this virus yes that’s the easier way but it wan be spread so easily in other ways! Like a cough in a supermarket que.

They aren’t prepared for this and there is only one company who make the vaccine at the moment therefore they can not get enough doses for everyone and the way the media are selling it can scare some people.

Also there is very little information/ contact from the nhs and the uk health organisation in regards to this virus as yes it’s ‘new’ but as a country we haven’t reacted well enough or quickly enough to deal with it

Tin town

"It really is a strange one as it can be contracted from anywhere! From someone coughing/ sneezing on you to close contact/sharing bedding, clothes to sex….

So yes the media are pushing that this is a STD but It really is not… the stigma about it is unreal.

You don’t have to have sex to get this virus yes that’s the easier way but it wan be spread so easily in other ways! Like a cough in a supermarket que.

They aren’t prepared for this and there is only one company who make the vaccine at the moment therefore they can not get enough doses for everyone and the way the media are selling it can scare some people.

Also there is very little information/ contact from the nhs and the uk health organisation in regards to this virus as yes it’s ‘new’ but as a country we haven’t reacted well enough or quickly enough to deal with it "

What do you think we should have done quicker?

Central

"It really is a strange one as it can be contracted from anywhere! From someone coughing/ sneezing on you to close contact/sharing bedding, clothes to sex….

Also there is very little information/ contact from the nhs and the uk health organisation in regards to this virus as yes it’s ‘new’ but as a country we haven’t reacted well enough or quickly enough to deal with it "

It's almost like we've not had any substantial viruses affecting the country in living memory that we could possibly have learned anything from, nor had any distribution channels in existence for vaccination etc.

By *aughty sweepCouple  over a year ago

bexhill

It didn’t say but it did say the dog had shared a bed in an apartment with two men.

If only the dog had used protection. "

lol its a hot dog

Tin town

If only the dog had used protection. lol its a hot dog"

Call the rspca

soutport

Get more information out to people! Stop the media from passing it as a STI, have help and support out there that have it so they aren’t sat worries with little information available about it. The rules around the isolation process contradict themselves many times over, it’s voluntary and recommended isolation but talks about not allowed out only fit to leave under a doctors authorisation. I think maybe as the numbers are still so small on it they aren’t really dealing with it effectively. Also financial help for those having to isolate as some may not be able to afford the time of work so will cary on with day/day life and spreading the virus.

Also there is very little information/ contact from the nhs and the uk health organisation in regards to this virus as yes it’s ‘new’ but as a country we haven’t reacted well enough or quickly enough to deal with it

What do you think we should have done quicker? "

Tin town

"Get more information out to people! Stop the media from passing it as a STI, have help and support out there that have it so they aren’t sat worries with little information available about it. The rules around the isolation process contradict themselves many times over, it’s voluntary and recommended isolation but talks about not allowed out only fit to leave under a doctors authorisation. I think maybe as the numbers are still so small on it they aren’t really dealing with it effectively. Also financial help for those having to isolate as some may not be able to afford the time of work so will cary on with day/day life and spreading the virus.

It really is a strange one as it can be contracted from anywhere! From someone coughing/ sneezing on you to close contact/sharing bedding, clothes to sex….

What do you think we should have done quicker? "

Maybe I look at different media. The information seems to have been available for a long time. And it's method of transmission along with where most all infections are being passed in this outbreak. Not sure how many infections are being passed along at work but I'm sure as and when that becomes an issue it will be addressed. It's very easy to blame others for decisions individuals take. But ultimately the info is out there. If people choose to make decision s and ignore it that's on them.

soutport

Main steam media and most articles online pass it off as a sexually transmitted…

And yes there is info out there but not much and there is little if any support once diagnosed with it! You simply get told to go home isolate and someone from the uk health security will be in touch…. They call 2 days later and say they will check up on you daily to make sure you are feeling ok etc etc… nope doesn’t happen. They also said there is financial support out there… nope there’s not, the government website sends you through miles and miles of calculators etc etc to get told you can apply and it may take x amount of days/weeks. this could be too long for some meaning they have to work! Therefore spreading the virus and increasing numbers

"Get more information out to people! Stop the media from passing it as a STI, have help and support out there that have it so they aren’t sat worries with little information available about it. The rules around the isolation process contradict themselves many times over, it’s voluntary and recommended isolation but talks about not allowed out only fit to leave under a doctors authorisation. I think maybe as the numbers are still so small on it they aren’t really dealing with it effectively. Also financial help for those having to isolate as some may not be able to afford the time of work so will cary on with day/day life and spreading the virus.

Maybe I look at different media. The information seems to have been available for a long time. And it's method of transmission along with where most all infections are being passed in this outbreak. Not sure how many infections are being passed along at work but I'm sure as and when that becomes an issue it will be addressed. It's very easy to blame others for decisions individuals take. But ultimately the info is out there. If people choose to make decision s and ignore it that's on them. "

Central

"Main steam media and most articles online pass it off as a sexually transmitted…

And yes there is info out there but not much and there is little if any support once diagnosed with it! You simply get told to go home isolate and someone from the uk health security will be in touch…. They call 2 days later and say they will check up on you daily to make sure you are feeling ok etc etc… nope doesn’t happen. They also said there is financial support out there… nope there’s not, the government website sends you through miles and miles of calculators etc etc to get told you can apply and it may take x amount of days/weeks. this could be too long for some meaning they have to work! Therefore spreading the virus and increasing numbers

Get more information out to people! Stop the media from passing it as a STI, have help and support out there that have it so they aren’t sat worries with little information available about it. The rules around the isolation process contradict themselves many times over, it’s voluntary and recommended isolation but talks about not allowed out only fit to leave under a doctors authorisation. I think maybe as the numbers are still so small on it they aren’t really dealing with it effectively. Also financial help for those having to isolate as some may not be able to afford the time of work so will cary on with day/day life and spreading the virus.

Maybe I look at different media. The information seems to have been available for a long time. And it's method of transmission along with where most all infections are being passed in this outbreak. Not sure how many infections are being passed along at work but I'm sure as and when that becomes an issue it will be addressed. It's very easy to blame others for decisions individuals take. But ultimately the info is out there. If people choose to make decision s and ignore it that's on them. "

Some good points. It is as if we've learned next to nothing from Covid.

Expecting people to have to isolate for several weeks - much longer than from Covid - without proper moneytary support, is heartless, just as we're within this huge financial crisis. That said, we have a zombie government, in name only.

The fantastic STI clinic staff have done wonders, including putting themselves at risk.

Whilst it has been predominantly an illness affecting MSM, letting it become endless here will result in greater crossover to the greater public.

Tin town

"Main steam media and most articles online pass it off as a sexually transmitted…

Maybe I look at different media. The information seems to have been available for a long time. And it's method of transmission along with where most all infections are being passed in this outbreak. Not sure how many infections are being passed along at work but I'm sure as and when that becomes an issue it will be addressed. It's very easy to blame others for decisions individuals take. But ultimately the info is out there. If people choose to make decision s and ignore it that's on them.

Expecting people to have to isolate for several weeks - much longer than from Covid - without proper moneytary support, is heartless, just as we're within this huge financial crisis. That said, we have a zombie government, in name only.

The fantastic STI clinic staff have done wonders, including putting themselves at risk.

Whilst it has been predominantly an illness affecting MSM, letting it become endless here will result in greater crossover to the greater public. "

I agree with that. Im just saying we've been having threads on this site for many months... So to say there's not information early enough is entirely disingenuous. "don't worry it's only one case" seemed to be the theme at the time. We've had information and guidance and vaccines. Yes agreed it's very tough indeed for those needing to isolate if folks are unable to work from home. And in an ideal world those few should be helped. But let's be sensible again about what we are moaning about and the number of people who are impacted and also let's put the blame for it spreading where it belongs.

Central

Whilst it has been predominantly an illness affecting MSM, letting it become endless here will result in greater crossover to the greater public.

I agree with that. Im just saying we've been having threads on this site for many months... So to say there's not information early enough is entirely disingenuous. "don't worry it's only one case" seemed to be the theme at the time. We've had information and guidance and vaccines. Yes agreed it's very tough indeed for those needing to isolate if folks are unable to work from home. And in an ideal world those few should be helped. But let's be sensible again about what we are moaning about and the number of people who are impacted and also let's put the blame for it spreading where it belongs. "

The lack of information has been reported by many as leading them towards getting treatment, which has been very patchy and its now impossible to book for new vaccination. The provision of information on how it's spread is out there.

I don't think that we can blame people for having sex though.

» Add a new message to this topic