FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Would you meet someone with COVID

Would you meet someone with COVID

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When I had COVID some guys said they would still meet. Is sex worth the high risk of getting it?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *hitehunter4bbcMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Not then but now I might, its just a bug now..

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Absolutely not. It might only be mild, but it could have devastating long term consequences. Besides I don't fancy staying at home, and having to cancel plans until I test negative. Don't tell me it's not compulsory to self isolate, as morally I would not wish to pass it on to people.

Knowing my luck I'd feel awful for a few days too.

So that's a no !

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Nope. The people I know that have had it recently have been exhausted for weeks afterwards. It might be 'just a bug ' but sex is not worth weeks of feeling awful

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I wouldn't meet someone with a cold, so I definitely wouldn't meet anyone with covid.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

If we met someone with a runny nose and red eyes we would make our excuses and leave. Telling them to get themselves tucked up in bed, look after themselves and rearrange a meet.

But in reality, why would anyone feeling poorly want to meet and if they had no symptoms, how would they or you know.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"When I had COVID some guys said they would still meet. Is sex worth the high risk of getting it?"

No.. Wouldn't meet anyone with a cough or cold either. Just Meet a week later when nobody is spreading illness.

By *estman for the jobMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Op I wouldn't as having had it once and how it's after effects are still with me why risk a second dose

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not a chance and to me that would signify a guy who has no standards and would fuck anyone!

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

No

But i also wouldn't meet someone, with a cough, cold, stomach bug etc, I'd wait until they are better

That's some serious desperation still offering to meet despite knowing someone's ill

By *inkydarkness90Man  over a year ago

Somewhere up here

Absolutely not. If someone was not well then it's a big no-no.

Some people unfortunately don't think of the bigger picture. What if you pass it onto family members? Work colleagues? We all love sex and exploring but safety is the important outrider!

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Yea nah

Like others have said, if someone said they were just full of cold I'd rather not meet

Sniffling and coughing is hardly sexy lol

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Nope I've had COVID twice and the second time it was really unpleasant.

Plus I work with very vulnerable people and if I caught it I'd have to isolate and leave my colleagues short .

Miss

"When I had COVID some guys said they would still meet. Is sex worth the high risk of getting it?"

this is a joke isn't it. ? Nah can't be a serious thread

By *o scandalousWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have met someone when I’ve had it, but they had recently (within 3 months) had it. It was a regular playmate so we both knew each other. I was moderately unwell (cough, headache). He didn’t take unwell from me.

Would I meet a random with covid? No.

"When I had COVID some guys said they would still meet. Is sex worth the high risk of getting it?

this is a joke isn't it. ? Nah can't be a serious thread"

Nothing surprises me about guys in here anymore! So many thirsty, desperate guys.

Tin town

"I have met someone when I’ve had it, but they had recently (within 3 months) had it. It was a regular playmate so we both knew each other. I was moderately unwell (cough, headache). He didn’t take unwell from me.

Would I meet a random with covid? No."

Now.. If a bloke had typed that.. There'd be blood!

By *icked_tongueMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Not a chance and to me that would signify a guy who has no standards and would fuck anyone! "

I absolutely agree with you duchess

By *obandruthCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Absolutely not.

"I have met someone when I’ve had it, but they had recently (within 3 months) had it. It was a regular playmate so we both knew each other. I was moderately unwell (cough, headache). He didn’t take unwell from me.

Now.. If a bloke had typed that.. There'd be blood! "

So true! Like getting a fuck couldn’t wait a week or two!

By *ir SupremacyMan  over a year ago

Bolton

No...why expose yourself unnecessarily.

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

Nope

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I wouldn't risk it. I had it in July and felt really unwell and am still suffering with shortness of breath and tiredness.

Sex is not worth it.

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

Not a chance. I've had it & I want to avoid it again if at all possible.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

So you are happy to potentially pass it on but not happy for someone to pass it on to you

By *o scandalousWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

So you are happy to potentially pass it on but not happy for someone to pass it on to you "

No didn’t maybe come across right - I wouldn’t have met someone I didn’t know if I had it.

He knew I had it. I explained I had it, and how far along I was (day 8). He was prepared to take the risk, as he had recently had it.

No. I wouldn’t meet anyone that had a cold/flu or any other illness so definitely wouldn’t meet if they had covid

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Not a chance and to me that would signify a guy who has no standards and would fuck anyone! "

Most men would fuck a frog if it stopped hopping long enough !

Tin town

"Not a chance and to me that would signify a guy who has no standards and would fuck anyone!

Most men would fuck a frog if it stopped hopping long enough ! "

Male or female frog?

So you are happy to potentially pass it on but not happy for someone to pass it on to you

No didn’t maybe come across right - I wouldn’t have met someone I didn’t know if I had it.

He knew I had it. I explained I had it, and how far along I was (day 8). He was prepared to take the risk, as he had recently had it. "

So he was happy to have sex with someone who’d be coughing all over him? Ewww

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

. Some folk really do have s it for brains!

Where is that 20 mile wide meteor?, please hurry and visit earth.

No I wouldn't, definitely not.

By *orayFWoman  over a year ago

Moray

"I wouldn't meet someone with a cold, so I definitely wouldn't meet anyone with covid."

This... 100%

By *reedomBonerMan  over a year ago

London

Would you meet anyone with a cold? Probably not, right?

By *umagain58Man  over a year ago

London

I despair sometimes…..

Never

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No. I want to avoid unnecessary infections, for the sake of having sex. And especially something like Covid, which is still killing people, as well as causing Long Covid, which can last years, potentially a lifetime.

My health is too precious to throw away. I'd also hate to be someone that fully avoidably resulted in someone else's death. I'd be ashamed.

I have the rest of my life ahead of me to have sex. I'll pass on a shag with someone who's infected now.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Not a chance. I'd someone was ill why woukd you meet them. The idea it's just a ugly has obviously never had it or is a damn fool.

I had it last July and I wasn't capable of thinking straight let alone meeting someone and I am ot so selfish as to give it to anyone for the sake of a sexual encounter

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"When I had COVID some guys said they would still meet. Is sex worth the high risk of getting it?

Nothing surprises me about guys in here anymore! So many thirsty, desperate guys."

It's mot desperate it's just plain stupid

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I wouldn't meet someone with a cold, cough, flu, covid or anything else like that..

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I wouldn't meet anybody with any contagious illness.

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Nope, I just received the lastest booster on Monday. So very Vax'd up..

By *arm and stickyMan  over a year ago

Mold

No, that's an idiotic idea.

No, just like I wouldn't meet someone with a flu

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

No I wouldn’t.

Tin town

This thread should be wrapped in cotton wool and preserved in one of those laboratory jars of formaldehyde... It seems there is agreement.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"This thread should be wrapped in cotton wool and preserved in one of those laboratory jars of formaldehyde... It seems there is agreement. "

By *oungcoup69Couple  over a year ago

South East

Nope, we wouldn't want to get it and pass it on to vulnerable friends and family

By *UFSWoman  over a year ago

belfast

No,I wouldn't meet someone if I knew they had the common cold

By *onningtonplumberMan  over a year ago

Donnington

I wouldn't meet anyone with a cold a flu or covid. They are all the same thing. But my health and the health of others is important. Always minimise any risk where possible.

By *esi_in_brusselsMan  over a year ago

Brussels, Belgium

No one would "actually" meet someone with a known covid. They are just fooling around trying to get you to send pics, cam wank or whatever and then finally ghost.

Nothing surprises me about guys in here anymore! So many thirsty, desperate guys."

I'd like to say nothing shocks me but yep I still can be.

By *weetCruellaWoman  over a year ago

somewhere sweet and sour

I've got it at the moment and there is no way in hell i'd want to pass it on to anyone else. Its horrible. And really dont feel in the least bit sexy so no no and no.

By *i mayo coupleCouple  over a year ago

sligo

[Removed by poster at 15/09/22 11:11:09]

By *aturefun63Man  over a year ago

Belper

Probably would as have had covid twice and fully vaccinated,but never know what other variants are lurking out there

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Yes, but not until they were feeling better. In the same way we would wait before meeting people if they had a cold, flu, diorrea, etc...

No! I wouldn't meet someone with a cold or the flu either - I don't like being ill.

By *elaninMaverickWoman  over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Is a no for me. I have parents over 70 and friends, colleagues, associates, customers and fellow support group members who are vulnerable.

Even if I remain asymptomatic, I could pass it on to them. I think I've has it asymptomatic for until I went to Notting Hill Carnival. I took the risk because I had 5 days before work after the event. was ok for 2 days and then the dreaded symptom set in. I was in bed for 4 days and then the next day I felt better. So I did a lateral flow test and it came back negative. So I went to work with a mask and social distanced as much as possible. Was itching to get out of the flat properly after 4 days of lying about in bed.

I'm relatively fit with zero medical problems and covid knocked me on my arse

No way would I risk catching it again just for a bit of dick

By *MaverickMan  over a year ago

Rushden

When I say : your beauty is to die for …

I don’t mean it literally … is just a figure of speech…

I think bees are remarkable …. Respect …

I am very happy we are not bees …

That is not desperate . I understand feeling desperate . It kind of hits sometimes …

But That ? That is selfish and pure evil .

U ready to kill every one including children to masturbate your penis in a female vagina ?

Fuck that . Off with their heads …. I’m not sure this but is a figure of speech . Hope I don’t get kicked out . But is my emotion as I read this …

Unbearable

I’m shocked …

Can’t believe this topic even exists .

3 months isn't recent lol he still would of been at risk of catching it again

this is a joke isn't it. ? Nah can't be a serious thread"

Well some people have said yes so it xont be a complete joke

Rushden

Well some people have said yes so it xont be a complete joke "

What people can came out with ? … it is a joke … this is more then real … is unreal .

Have a safe , super organised healthy honest little bubble was bad enough … go to work was bad enough …

People stress their father had a heart condition and they paranoid any second they kill they own father as the moment they walk of the door …

madness …

Another 4 weeks with out a shag , yes drives u mad waiting , fuck me , I would be up walls crowling in the ceiling for it … but doesn’t kill you does it ?

That shit may not kill u but may kill some one miles away from you cause u passed it on …

It is a joke

Evil n selfish …. I don’t understand that …

First rush ruins it for a start … or pressure …

I sound like an old man now .

Unreal ….

Well some people have said yes so it xont be a complete joke

What people can came out with ? … it is a joke … this is more then real … is unreal .

Have a safe , super organised healthy honest little bubble was bad enough … go to work was bad enough …

People stress their father had a heart condition and they paranoid any second they kill they own father as the moment they walk of the door …

madness …

Another 4 weeks with out a shag , yes drives u mad waiting , fuck me , I would be up walls crowling in the ceiling for it … but doesn’t kill you does it ?

That shit may not kill u but may kill some one miles away from you cause u passed it on …

It is a joke

Evil n selfish …. I don’t understand that …

First rush ruins it for a start … or pressure …

I sound like an old man now .

Unreal ….

"

Not sure why that comment was aimed at me....

Rushden

Oh …. no no no love …. Not aimed at you at all ,

Texting is massive conduct of missunderstanding . Sorry if I gave the wrong impression ..

“ Joke “ this was aimed to the selfish , the ignorants …

Sorry , I only used the keyword “ joke “ to slag them off … not you please ..

I hate piss takers …. They don’t care …. They the joke ,

Nothing aimed at you on the slightest …

As far as I’m concerned you on the good side of this equation…

Rushden

"Oh …. no no no love …. Not aimed at you at all ,

Texting is massive conduct of missunderstanding . Sorry if I gave the wrong impression ..

“ Joke “ this was aimed to the selfish , the ignorants …

Sorry , I only used the keyword “ joke “ to slag them off … not you please ..

I hate piss takers …. They don’t care …. They the joke ,

Nothing aimed at you on the slightest …

As far as I’m concerned you on the good side of this equation… "

P.S : in my writes the word “ you “ means “ people in general “

Is not a “ you” as second person of the verb …

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

Absolutely not!

By *ontrosebicoupMan  over a year ago

MONTROSE

Bit of a stupid ? To b honest don't even shag wife when she has cold lol.

Would you shag someone with a sickness bug? Surely ur not that desperate

By *hrobinhoodMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I’ve had delta covid and never what that shit again so no thanks lol

I find it insane that people would want to meet anyone who is ill. Regardless if it's just a cold or something more serious like covid.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Nope

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

No I wouldn't. I had covid a few months back and was quite ill for a few weeks so I wouldn't risk it

By *ack 500Man  over a year ago

stoke on trent

No thanks

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

No. Then again I wouldn’t meet someone with Flu, Chicken Pox, Measles, etc etc etc. Why would anyone meet up with a person who was ill? Just wait until they are better!

By *ristol BiteMan  over a year ago

all over

Not a chance. Yeah you may be lucky and just have the sniffles but you may have something similar to a full flu with intense muscle aches insane fever and debilitating headaches.

Or you'll be really unlucky and have long term effects or complications, having known a few people who've died from it a few more who have had permanent damage, it would not be worth the risk.

By *imAndBarbCouple  over a year ago

chester

Those people are called …oh wait…I’ll get banned again

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Those people are called …oh wait…I’ll get banned again "

Just a bit of info, if you keep talking about being banned on the forum you are liable to keep being banned. then if you keep getting banned especially for the same thing, you are taking a chance on getting a permanent ban from Admin themselves

If you have an issue with a ban you have had you are best sending feedback to Admin from the contact link instead

https://www.fabswingers.com/contact/owners

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you want to dispute what a mod says, see the above post You can send the feedback to the same contact link

Tin town

"No. Then again I wouldn’t meet someone with Flu, Chicken Pox, Measles, etc etc etc. Why would anyone meet up with a person who was ill? Just wait until they are better!"

What about athletes foot?

"No. Then again I wouldn’t meet someone with Flu, Chicken Pox, Measles, etc etc etc. Why would anyone meet up with a person who was ill? Just wait until they are better!

What about athletes foot? "

Spray it!

By *xymcsexingtonWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

No I look after vulnerable people

Why is this even a forum thread it's ludicrous

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

First time I had covid I was unwell for 6 months. So I’ll leave the Covid meets to the idiots that say it’s just a bug and no worse than a cold

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"No. Then again I wouldn’t meet someone with Flu, Chicken Pox, Measles, etc etc etc. Why would anyone meet up with a person who was ill? Just wait until they are better!

What about athletes foot? "

Hmmmm rubber socks?

Not knowingly no I wouldn't however I do know that mixing with people carries a risk of catching covid As well as it many other bugs.

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Sean here we have both had Covid twice. Both times I had it fairly bad, 1st time in was in hospital with Covid pneumonia so no way I would meet anyone if there was a chance they had it

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman  over a year ago

Happy Town;-)

Yes help build up my immune system

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

"Yes help build up my immune system "

Good luck

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

London (just for Fri & Sat)

Anyone that goes to meet knowing they have COVID or anyone meeting someone who they are aware has it is to be honest a bit douche bag.

Tin town

What about athletes foot?

Hmmmm rubber socks?"

Condoms for my feet? Ribbed?

By *teve666TMan  over a year ago

Harrow

A big No

Nope

Would anyone meet someone who's vaccinated should be the question unless you've had the gene therapy jab as well.

Tin town

"Would anyone meet someone who's vaccinated should be the question unless you've had the gene therapy jab as well."

That's a different question. Start the thread.

I'm recovering from covid right now and there is no way I'd willingly choose to feel like this again

By *nvincible ButterflyWoman  over a year ago

LEEDS

Took me 6 months to get over covid so no I'd wouldn't meet anyone with it. I still have long covid symptoms that hamper my quality of life.

I'd also be responsible and fully isolate if I got it again.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

I'd consider it. Because last time I got covid I had it bad for less than 18hours before everything went back to normal. Wife and kids had it unwell for weeks to a month.

I didn't take the vaccines either where as 2 of them did.

Would be interesting to find out if happens again or less or more.

By *ust Passing ThroughMan  over a year ago

poole

[Removed by poster at 01/10/22 22:02:03]

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Not a chance. Not only would I not want to get it, but I would also be a little freaked-out that someone would meet if they had it.

That doesn't sound like someone I'd want to be around.

- Alice x

By *igballs2021Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

I'd rather meet someone "with covid" than who was vaccinated

merseyside

"I'd rather meet someone "with covid" than who was vaccinated "

So you don't meet people who are vaccinated.

How do you check?

do i ask for proof bet if ladies stood infront of u with proof of vaccine willing to have sex u would jump right in

Stoke area

Why ?

By *cnugatugMan  over a year ago

Chatham

A strange question to be asking and the second they said they have covid is the second the meets cancelled it's not worth it covid is still killing people

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

No, of course not.

By *irtysnapperMan  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

No. Because I’m not a moron.

By *omethingfun96Couple  over a year ago

greater london

No absolutely not

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

This is a difficult one.

I would say no, but my mum has terminal cancer and just caught Covid. I went to see her yesterday and whilst there did lots of care tasks.

I put cream on the spots she gets from her compromised immune system. Helped out of the toilet and generally was with her like normal.

Time is too short to not be with her properly.

So, I "met" someone with covid. Its isn't sex but many may regard it as stupid. I didn't and still don't.

Walk away

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

The forest gump quote springs to mind.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I wouldn't meet someone full up of plain old cold to be fair

Hardly sexy is it, sniffing and coughing lol

Now of someone was symptomless, and felt fine but told me they'd just been in contact with someone with covid recently, I wouldn't give a fuck

"This is a difficult one.

I would say no, but my mum has terminal cancer and just caught Covid. I went to see her yesterday and whilst there did lots of care tasks.

I put cream on the spots she gets from her compromised immune system. Helped out of the toilet and generally was with her like normal.

So, I "met" someone with covid. Its isn't sex but many may regard it as stupid. I didn't and still don't. "

Sorry to hear this! This most definitely isn’t stupid. Grab every moment

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"I'd rather meet someone "with covid" than who was vaccinated

The forest gump quote springs to mind."

Lmao

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

No, I have elderly parents and no desire to make them ill again.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"Not a chance.

That doesn't sound like someone I'd want to be around."

Yep. What else have they got?

Stupid macho posturing.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Why?

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

So, I "met" someone with covid. Its isn't sex but many may regard it as stupid. I didn't and still don't. "

I think anyone in that position would have done the same thing as you have, that time is precious and cant be got back, risk for the sake of bumping uglies or I'm not being told I can't get any is completely different.

Tg x

By *ouple2017.xCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Think it depends on the circumstances. Although we can meet anyone and not know if they have it, we wouldn’t knowingly meet a stranger or someone for sex if they had covid or any other cold/flu etc. If it was certain family members or even possibly a close friend, then yes we more likely would meet them. Due to vulnerable family members, we wouldn’t put them at risk for sex.

It’s xx only flu for fucks sake

all around

"It’s xx only flu for fucks sake "

Would you meet someone with flu

Tin town

"It’s xx only flu for fucks sake

Would you meet someone with flu "

Oops

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It’s xx only flu for fucks sake "

It isn't flu

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Anyone who had actual 'flu' wouldn't be able to meet

all around

Anyone who had actual 'flu' wouldn't be able to meet "

Exactly !!

Covid is just a cold now.

It isn't flu"

No it’s much milder than flu

xx

Tin town

It isn't flu

No it’s much milder than flu"

In some cases possibly. In other cases not. I find it offensive and lazy and in bad taste those who discount those who've died horrible deaths because of it just because they want to make a point. You may have a point to make. But don't dare tell me it didn't kill my mother.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Anyone who had actual 'flu' wouldn't be able to meet "

Or worse -man flu!

Oh yes I find it such a turn on omg

By *hroatitboyMan  over a year ago

GLA

Na I lost a healthy relative in their 30s to covid before the vaccines. It’s definitely not just a cold.

Hilarious. Best read I've had in many months.

By *uv2kissMan  over a year ago

fenland

Quite a few years ago I was having very deep and very sexual chats with the mother of a guy I knew through business.

Finally we decided to meet to fuck to scratch that itch.

2 days before she came down with a cold, but we still decided to meet.

The sex was okay but as with a lot of these things the fantasies we had created were better.

Anyway I came down with a cold, a real nasty one as well.

I regretted the meeting and as others have said if I'm not meeting someone with a cold, I'm definitely not meeting anyone with covid.

Ingrowing toenail is a possible yes

Not the losing relatives bit thats terrible.just the rest of it.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"I wouldn't meet someone with a cold, so I definitely wouldn't meet anyone with covid."

This

Filthy Fuckeryville

It isn't flu

No it’s much milder than flu"

I spent last week in hospital as I caught a chest infection that hit me like a train thanks to the aftermath of me having covid.

The respiratory wards were overflowing and there were trollies with people on end to end in the corridors of A&E - that was covid related.

The non covid wards had covid patients on too due to lack of space for very sick people.

So no, covid isn't milder than flu for everyone.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 07/10/22 09:24:14]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It isn't flu

"

If we are doing the whole my dad is bigger than your dad thing then I would say both can be fatal but Covid is winning the my dad is bigger than your dad argument.

However if you have not learnt by now how much more lethal for some people Covid is then it is pointless trying to explain to you.

According to gov statistics there are 175 people currently in ventilation beds and the BBC states there are 30,000 beds with ventilation equipment (may not be the same as ventilation beds.

Any way total number of patients on ventilators down down 6% from last month

However general number of beds has decreased in 30 years from 300000 to 141000.

Its no wonder staff and facilities are at bursting point.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

No deff not

Stoke area

It isn't flu

In some cases possibly. In other cases not. I find it offensive and lazy and in bad taste those who discount those who've died horrible deaths because of it just because they want to make a point. You may have a point to make. But don't dare tell me it didn't kill my mother. "

So sorry to hear Covid was responsible for your mother's death. I have close friends who lost parents and I had to sit with my 25 year old son to discuss what to do if his dad didn't make it. I'm divorced and he was next of kin. His dad survived with permanently scarred lungs and 2 years later no longer works as a paramedic. He will never fully recover.

People suggesting it's just a cold fill me with rage. Just because it may have been mild for them, it's not the case for everyone and they should consider being more respectful.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It isn't flu

In some cases possibly. In other cases not. I find it offensive and lazy and in bad taste those who discount those who've died horrible deaths because of it just because they want to make a point. You may have a point to make. But don't dare tell me it didn't kill my mother.

So sorry to hear Covid was responsible for your mother's death. I have close friends who lost parents and I had to sit with my 25 year old son to discuss what to do if his dad didn't make it. I'm divorced and he was next of kin. His dad survived with permanently scarred lungs and 2 years later no longer works as a paramedic. He will never fully recover.

People suggesting it's just a cold fill me with rage. Just because it may have been mild for them, it's not the case for everyone and they should consider being more respectful. "

I fear that we've lost a lot of respect and compassion over the course of this.

Stoke area

It isn't flu

People suggesting it's just a cold fill me with rage. Just because it may have been mild for them, it's not the case for everyone and they should consider being more respectful.

I fear that we've lost a lot of respect and compassion over the course of this."

Sadly so. I get people messaging me privately telling me it was all fake and the pcr and lateral flow tests results were all inaccurate. I have no idea what they hope to achieve by sending my messages deliberately to offend and anger me

Manchester (she/her)

It isn't flu

Sadly so. I get people messaging me privately telling me it was all fake and the pcr and lateral flow tests results were all inaccurate. I have no idea what they hope to achieve by sending my messages deliberately to offend and anger me "

Quite. It's obscene.

merseyside

It isn't flu

Sadly so. I get people messaging me privately telling me it was all fake and the pcr and lateral flow tests results were all inaccurate. I have no idea what they hope to achieve by sending my messages deliberately to offend and anger me "

Try to take no notice.

Some people are so self centred they feel any form of rule or regulation is a personal imposition.

As my lovely old nan used to say..."they are more to be pitied than scolded"

Dismiss these people as I'm sure if you met them face to face it would be a different story.

Look after yourself.

It isn't flu

I fear that we've lost a lot of respect and compassion over the course of this."

I think those types of people never had respect or compassion. Covidtimes just exposed them.

It isn't flu

I think those types of people never had respect or compassion. Covidtimes just exposed them. "

I agree!

There's a lot of selfishness being exposed but those people were always selfish.

The wearing of masks summed that up, it might have made sone difference for zero inconvenience (for the vast majority of people) but people got so angry. See also social distancing. And I'm sure there are other examples, minimal inconvenience but people objecting so much.

It isn't flu

I think those types of people never had respect or compassion. Covidtimes just exposed them.

I agree!

There's a lot of selfishness being exposed but those people were always selfish.

The wearing of masks summed that up, it might have made sone difference for zero inconvenience (for the vast majority of people) but people got so angry. See also social distancing. And I'm sure there are other examples, minimal inconvenience but people objecting so much.

"

Yep!

It frustrates me that people think it's just a cold or flu, my partners stepson had it twice zero symptoms, it wiped me out for 20 days and took 2 months to fully recover, a friend lost both their parents to it. I really don't understand why people can't accept that all of those scenarios were valid and fairly typical.

I envy those who got off light but we shouldn't have respinded to covid based in the experience of those who were the least ill

"It frustrates me that people think it's just a cold or flu, my partners stepson had it twice zero symptoms, it wiped me out for 20 days and took 2 months to fully recover, a friend lost both their parents to it. I really don't understand why people can't accept that all of those scenarios were valid and fairly typical.

I envy those who got off light but we shouldn't have respinded to covid based in the experience of those who were the least ill"

I thought I’d gotten off lightly but then I got long covid for 6 months

Manchester (she/her)

It isn't flu

I think those types of people never had respect or compassion. Covidtimes just exposed them. "

Yes

For me it's felt like a loss of innocence.

I thought when the chips were down, people would come together.

Alas, not.

"It frustrates me that people think it's just a cold or flu, my partners stepson had it twice zero symptoms, it wiped me out for 20 days and took 2 months to fully recover, a friend lost both their parents to it. I really don't understand why people can't accept that all of those scenarios were valid and fairly typical.

I envy those who got off light but we shouldn't have respinded to covid based in the experience of those who were the least ill

I thought I’d gotten off lightly but then I got long covid for 6 months "

That's awful, I wouldn't wish long covid on anyone, it must be tough

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

No.

Just as I wouldn't meet anyone who had flu, chicken pox or diarrhoea & vomiting.

I don't want to become ill.

It isn't flu

Yes

Alas, not."

Some people came together and helped each other. They're not all bad.

I thought I’d gotten off lightly but then I got long covid for 6 months

That's awful, I wouldn't wish long covid on anyone, it must be tough"

It’s coming to an end now thankfully many people have had it much, much worse so I consider myself lucky

By *espacito56Man  over a year ago

West Mainland, Orkney

Hell no

Manchester (she/her)

It isn't flu

Yes

Alas, not.

Some people came together and helped each other. They're not all bad. "

Yes, for sure.

Filthy Fuckeryville

It isn't flu

Yes

Alas, not.

Yes, for sure."

Online groups were a life source for some of us

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It isn't flu

Yes

Alas, not."

It's sad that we've had to come to this realisation this way

In my street, there's an 82 years old who has been admitted, infected and had heart problems; an 82 years old, who can only move for 3 or 4 minutes, before exhaustion and her partner, who's slightly better.

I think it's about 1 in 50 currently infected, as an estimate. At uni, one 19 years old thlete has been really unwell for almost a month. Another UK record holder, who's minimally active, 3 weeks in.

And there are people shouting about it all being a sophisticated scam.

Manchester (she/her)

It isn't flu

Yes

Alas, not.

Yes, for sure.

Online groups were a life source for some of us "

I hear this

By *ichardjjCouple  over a year ago

telford

"Not then but now I might, its just a bug now.. "
just a bug are you for real , get in the real world

Personally when I have had COVID not felt like doing anything

Just shows the desperation of some people.

I wouldn’t meet someone who had a cold never mind COVID, simply because I hate being ill or sick.

By *ancguy64Man  over a year ago

Stretford

No, but no one seems to want to meet me anyway ??????

By *ohnsmith134Man  over a year ago

South East

Sound like the guy that was saying on TV that care Covid is only dangerous for old people.

I think both party must have a responsible behaviour about theily health. That said, the person is just too selfish. With covid your oxygen level is often low or with drop with minimum exercise. I will block someone with has no regard to my health and his health!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-cases-in-uk-leap-by-25-with-big-rise-among-over-70s-in-england-12714490

It is on the rise again

"https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-cases-in-uk-leap-by-25-with-big-rise-among-over-70s-in-england-12714490

It is on the rise again "

Yes, I know a few people with it at the moment, though the latest wave of vaccinations are being rolled out si fingers crossed that limits it because there are zero controls in effect anymore

By *ohnsmith134Man  over a year ago

South East

Now.. If a bloke had typed that.. There'd be blood!

So true! Like getting a fuck couldn’t wait a week or two! "

I wouldn't but I work with the elderly so wouldnt be doing my job very well if I met someone, knowing they had covid and passed it on x

By *ark125125Man  over a year ago

London

I would definitely not!

But keep in mind, meet up with a person who's carrying STDs/ STIs with or without knowing is rather worst than getting covid. Some people here offering bareback to complete strangers make myself question

"I would definitely not!

But keep in mind, meet up with a person who's carrying STDs/ STIs with or without knowing is rather worst than getting covid. Some people here offering bareback to complete strangers make myself question "

I did actually come across a profile that said they wouldn't meet anybody that hadn't had the covid vaccine but wanted unprotected sex. I don't understand the logic.

Tin town

"I would definitely not!

But keep in mind, meet up with a person who's carrying STDs/ STIs with or without knowing is rather worst than getting covid. Some people here offering bareback to complete strangers make myself question

I did actually come across a profile that said they wouldn't meet anybody that hadn't had the covid vaccine but wanted unprotected sex. I don't understand the logic. "

Logic and fab and covid? In the same sentence?

By *akey2somCouple  over a year ago

wakefield

We recently missed the Leeds Social due to testing positive. No way would we ever turn up to give it to anyone else. Even if we were full of cold we would not turn up. It’s all about respecting others in the lifestyle we are in.

"We recently missed the Leeds Social due to testing positive. No way would we ever turn up to give it to anyone else. Even if we were full of cold we would not turn up. It’s all about respecting others in the lifestyle we are in."

My thoughts exactly

By *ampire69Man  over a year ago

Birmingham West Midlands

Covid is still a high risk infection, highly transmissable on par with an STD, can have dire consequences so the question is how much do you value your health ??? you decide !!