FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Tinnitus post covid

Tinnitus post covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ilfCrumpet9 OP   Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Does anyone else suffer from this post covid. I got covid January 21 and since then I have had a list of post symptoms. The others I am managing to control and live with on a daily basis.

Apart from the constant high pitch tone I hear. Some days it's quite low and other days very loud and sharp.

Is there anything to help this, I have had the odd half hour or so as a rare occurrence when it's stopped all together only to return with a vengeance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izumonoWoman  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Yeah I do. Auditory hallucinations too!

I've seen some folk had some success with ENT and/or audiology. There's some sort of hearing aid that does something similar to white noise that's meant to cancel out the high pitched awfulness

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Slightly different but both me and my partner had excruciating pain earache for 4 or 5 days only in one ear when we had covid. Thankfully it wasn't as long lasting as you guys. It's weird how a virus can effect your ears.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Currently in the midst of Covid (2nd time) and really struggling with tinnitus and earache along with the headaches. Look up "brown noise" it's a frequency I find incredibly soothing on my ears!!

By *ilfCrumpet9 OP   Man  over a year ago

Wirral

"Currently in the midst of Covid (2nd time) and really struggling with tinnitus and earache along with the headaches. Look up "brown noise" it's a frequency I find incredibly soothing on my ears!!"

Thank you I will do

I suffer from pulsating tinnitus, Although this is not related to covid but hearing damage from the type of work I do, It is very annoying & can be very distracting especially at night time when it is very quiet, I have constant ringing in my ears & can vary from fairly quiet to an almost painful loud ringing in the ears, Soft gentle music can help reduce the ringing noise unfortunately mine will never go away, I never hear complete silence.

By *evilishly AngelicCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Yes, I’m suffering with it most days since covid (Mr)

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

It's quite common in folk in their 60's and 70's. All the rock and roll has to catch up sometime.

Had bilateral tinnitus for years and having covid (twice) has definitely made it a lot worse. Tried calm ear plugs, brown noise, hearing aids, meditation etc. Brown noise and meditation help me cope, but nothing reduces the tinnitus itself.

By *illingdon_ladMan  over a year ago

Bicester

"Currently in the midst of Covid (2nd time) and really struggling with tinnitus and earache along with the headaches. Look up "brown noise" it's a frequency I find incredibly soothing on my ears!!"

I thought brown noise was the frequency that causes you to loose control of your bowels.

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS  over a year ago

dudley

I was really poorly in Oct/nov 2019 with what my doctor said was a virus it really knocked me off my feet for weeks and weeks I’ve had tinnitus since which is a little better this was before covid wasn’t something that had been heard of I struggled with fatigue since then had blood tests and doctor said I had vitamin b12 deficiency which was causing the tinnitus also i was diagnosed with coeliac disease (gluten intolerance), I really think I had covid in 2019 and there might be a possibility that the virus can trigger all sorts of autoimmune diseases, I also definitely had covid in April this year which I managed to get over in a couple of days and wasn’t half as bad as I was in 2019 but I had no taste and smell for a few weeks but tinnitus is still bad and I’m still suffering fatigue almost 6months later

» Add a new message to this topic