FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Would you have an mRNA vaccine?

Would you have an mRNA vaccine?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Would you have an mRNA vaccine and under what circumstances? They'd been under development long before Covid appeared and could potentially treat many conditions. It's been predicted that they may be joined by a vaccine for cancers before 2030.

How open would you be to having other mRNA vaccines?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd take any medicine or therapeutic recommended by my doctor and passed by the MHRA or equivalent body. I've had four mRNA vaccines so far and am satisfied with the risk as seen in a global sample.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Would you have an mRNA vaccine and under what circumstances? They'd been under development long before Covid appeared and could potentially treat many conditions. It's been predicted that they may be joined by a vaccine for cancers before 2030.

How open would you be to having other mRNA vaccines? "

I believe it's already been trialled for certain cancers in Belfast

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

With the proper trials long term data and complete transparency from the pharmaceutical company and only if the condition was seriously life threatening

By *llaandGCouple  over a year ago

London

I did last week

G

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I've too often wondered if those banging on about mRNA would take it if they have cancer down the line.

Manchester (she/her)

"I've too often wondered if those banging on about mRNA would take it if they have cancer down the line. "

If it's a vaccine, presumably it'd have to be taken before the cancer occurred? Like they recommend HPV vaccines* before you become sexually active - because if you've already got it, it's too late.

* I was a young adult when they were new, I'm not thinking about the age who get them now

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Given that my father is currently dying of cancer, too bloody right I would take anti-cancer vaccines once they were fully trialled and validated. Something to prevent prostate cancer would be a game changer for men, and a breast cancer preventative similar for women.

One day maybe it will even be possible to have safe and cheap tailored vaccines that match to each individuals DNA, to prevent/cure whatever cancers they are susceptible to.

Manchester

"I've too often wondered if those banging on about mRNA would take it if they have cancer down the line.

If it's a vaccine, presumably it'd have to be taken before the cancer occurred? Like they recommend HPV vaccines* before you become sexually active - because if you've already got it, it's too late.

* I was a young adult when they were new, I'm not thinking about the age who get them now"

It's immunotherapy rather than a vaccine. All cancers are different so they'll apparently biopsy the cancer, then repurpose the mRNA and teach that person's immune system to recognise the cancer. Biontech talk about personalised cancer care.

I think it would still have to be treated along side other methods, chemo etc but would hopefully stop it coming back at the body would recognise it at an earlier stage.

Is my understanding from following Biontech over the last year.

Central

"Would you have an mRNA vaccine and under what circumstances? They'd been under development long before Covid appeared and could potentially treat many conditions. It's been predicted that they may be joined by a vaccine for cancers before 2030.

I believe it's already been trialled for certain cancers in Belfast "

I think there are or have been several trials, which is great news

The Covid vaccines have helped manufacturers a lot, due to the large volumes of development and research achieved. Obviously it takes a lot to get from initial trials, potential revisions, further trials, evidence published and peer-reviewed, with possible government approvals to follow. Ordinarily, the majority of initial attempts won't get this far, of course.

If I was very ill, without any currently available treatments, I would eagerly consider new treatments, including vaccines. I'd be hopeful of accessing vaccines under research trials, most certainly if I had an otherwise terminal prognosis. The mRNA Covid vaccines that have been used, fill me with hope for the future. If we get successful vaccines that degrade tumours etc, for some types of cancer, I'd hope that they would be more tolerable than some aggressive chemotherapy treatments and that they'd herald a new era in treatments for cancer that would expand.

Central

"I've too often wondered if those banging on about mRNA would take it if they have cancer down the line.

* I was a young adult when they were new, I'm not thinking about the age who get them now

It's immunotherapy rather than a vaccine. All cancers are different so they'll apparently biopsy the cancer, then repurpose the mRNA and teach that person's immune system to recognise the cancer. Biontech talk about personalised cancer care.

I think it would still have to be treated along side other methods, chemo etc but would hopefully stop it coming back at the body would recognise it at an earlier stage.

Is my understanding from following Biontech over the last year. "

Thanks for your insights Magneto

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Professors Ugur Sahin and Ozlem Tureci co-founded the German company BioNTech in 2008, exploring new technology involving messenger RNA (mRNA), to treat cancer.

When the pandemic struck they partnered with Pfizer to use the same approach to create a Covid vaccine.

Now the doctors are hopeful it could lead to new treatments for melanoma, bowel cancer and other tumour types.

BioNTech has several trials in progress, including one where patients are given a personalised vaccine, to prompt their immune system to attack their disease.

The mRNA technology being used works by sending an instruction or blueprint to cells to produce an antigen or protein.

In Covid this antigen is part of the spike protein of the virus. In cancer it would be a marker on the surface of tumour cells.

BioNTech founders say they have had a "number of breakthroughs" in cancer trials

This teaches the immune system to recognise and target affected cells for destruction.

Prof Tureci said: "mRNA acts as a blueprint and allows you to tell the body to produce the drug or the vaccine and when you use mRNA as a vaccine, the mRNA is a blueprint for the 'wanted poster' of the enemy - in this case cancer antigens which distinguish cancer cells from normal cells."

Harnessing the power of mRNA to produce vaccines was unproven until Covid. But the success of mRNA vaccines in the pandemic has encouraged scientists working with the technology in cancer.

BioNTech's mRNA cancer trials started long before the pandemic, and have shown some early encouraging signals.

"Every step, every patient we treat in our cancer trials helps us to find out more about what we are against and how to address that," Prof Tureci, BioNTech's chief medical officer, said.

"As scientists, we are always hesitant to say we will have a cure for cancer. We have a number of breakthroughs and we will continue to work on them."

Caution is needed. Many promising cancer trials end in failure. It may be several years before we know if BioNTech's treatments for bowel cancer, melanoma and other tumour types really do live up to the hype.

Winston

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'd probably get it eventually. I mean I'm a late adopter of the Flu Jab, so any others I'd probably treat similarly.

I've been through bowel cancer and chemo, and recently lost my life-partner to late-diagnosed ovarian cancer. She also lost her father to bowel cancer complications, so anything to prevent the devastation of that disease would be a godsend and make things so much easier for families in the future.

By *ity_BoyMan  over a year ago

London

i will not go through with jean therapy!!!!

London

"i will not go through with jean therapy!!!!"

What about chinos?

G

By *ature FAB FunCouple  over a year ago

Bolsover

Of course- having been through chemo and immunotherapy for blood cancer, and then life threatening covid, I definitely would have any vaccine that would stop me having a relapse or that would prevent any other life threatening illness

"i will not go through with jean therapy!!!!

What about chinos?

G"

Corduroy anyone?

Winston

Central

I'm sure we'd like jeans off you - probably boxers, too - it could be our jean therapy

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

I have had 3 mRNA vaccines so far and contrary to so much fear mongering from certain sections of society I am still here with no issues that I didn't already have to begin with, my 66 year old mother with multiple comorbidities has also had the same with no ill effects.

Manchester

You have to, it's impossible to get the right fit without it!!

Slim, skinny, tapered, mine field these days.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Will that be the Jean Genie ?

London

"i will not go through with jean therapy!!!!

You have to, it's impossible to get the right fit without it!!

Slim, skinny, tapered, mine field these days. "

There's even something called carrot fit now!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Whatever is available I will take it; I goty winter fly jab free of charge at Boots today, and will get the next Covid jab when it becomes available.

I feel very blessed to be living in this present era where medical technology is providing proven,tested solutions to potentially life threatening conditions.

If the medical conspiracy theorist nutjobs refuse to engage with these new technologies, may their stupidity hasten their demise.

nr spalding

"Whatever is available I will take it; I goty winter fly jab free of charge at Boots today, and will get the next Covid jab when it becomes available.

I feel very blessed to be living in this present era where medical technology is providing proven,tested solutions to potentially life threatening conditions.

If the medical conspiracy theorist nutjobs refuse to engage with these new technologies, may their stupidity hasten their demise."

By *rotic desiresWoman  over a year ago

Here and there

"Whatever is available I will take it; I goty winter fly jab free of charge at Boots today, and will get the next Covid jab when it becomes available.

If the medical conspiracy theorist nutjobs refuse to engage with these new technologies, may their stupidity hasten their demise."

Well, aren't you just charming!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

If the medical conspiracy theorist nutjobs refuse to engage with these new technologies, may their stupidity hasten their demise.

Well, aren't you just charming! "

I am renowned for my honesty, frankness and forthrightness; I have had several long frustrating conversations with vaccine conspiracy theorists; their delusional opinions are astoundingly baseless, and they feed off each other's cr#p, and try to brainwash others who are foolish enough to believe them.

Short answer, yes.

Given the research currently under way and the idea than an mRNA treatment could be uniquely tailored to an individual is nothing short of a miracle.

It's truly earth shattering.

Imagine a treatment specifically sequenced for your own unique illness.

Winston

By *loryhoestokeCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

"I'd take any medicine or therapeutic recommended by my doctor and passed by the MHRA or equivalent body. I've had four mRNA vaccines so far and am satisfied with the risk as seen in a global sample."

I'm on my fifth shot n loving it. Having asmtha can't be too careful...

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"

Whenever I see things like this I remember the criticism from the 'why don't you get the vaccine, you're responsible for the death's of others' crowd and their pathetic pearl clutching, now those same people are wishing for the demise of others

Covid promised so much and delivered so little, here's hoping it'll get you all

By *iven to the WildCouple  over a year ago

Batley

This is the correct answer, close the thread here

By *rotic desiresWoman  over a year ago

Here and there

Whenever I see things like this I remember the criticism from the 'why don't you get the vaccine, you're responsible for the death's of others' crowd and their pathetic pearl clutching, now those same people are wishing for the demise of others

"

In fairness, there were loads more looking to round up the non vaxxed in camps, refusing them medical treatment, having their children taken off them and wishing them an early demise. This is peanuts compared to what was rife 18 months ago here and in the real world.

London

In fairness, there were loads more looking to round up the non vaxxed in camps, refusing them medical treatment, having their children taken off them and wishing them an early demise. This is peanuts compared to what was rife 18 months ago here and in the real world."

I didnt see any of this tbh

I just saw constant comparisons to Nazi Germany from anti vaxxers.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What is it

all around

Why are people so full of hatred, bitterness and nastyness.

It's not what this site is about.

Give your heads a wobble, if you don't like someone then block them and move on rather than spew hate filled garbage.

By *ove2PlayLincsCouple  over a year ago

Gainsborough

Will definitely have it. I find it strange that we have lost respect for experts nowadays. The post truth era is a strange one

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Why are people so full of hatred, bitterness and nastyness.

Give your heads a wobble, if you don't like someone then block them and move on rather than spew hate filled garbage."

Just before we nipped out to the pub last night glanced at the forums.

Nastiness, bitterness, bile and angst.

In the pub, laughter, contact, friendly company and inclusion.

The real world is so much nicer.

Only 4 weeks until we see all those lovely people in Gran Canaria, can't wait.

By *ylon lover 47Man  over a year ago

Beccles

"I've too often wondered if those banging on about mRNA would take it if they have cancer down the line. "

It would need to be far more effective than the current mRNA 'vaccines' that don't stop you catching, transmitting, being hospitalised or dying from the illness you're supposedly vaccinated against to even be worth considering

Beccles

No thanks, I survived this far with my immune system intact & don't intend to change that at anytime in the future.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Why not? People don't seem to understand that ALL medicines are a risk vs benefit trade-off.

Beccles

"

In fairness, there were loads more looking to round up the non vaxxed in camps, refusing them medical treatment, having their children taken off them and wishing them an early demise. This is peanuts compared to what was rife 18 months ago here and in the real world.

I didnt see any of this tbh

I just saw constant comparisons to Nazi Germany from anti vaxxers."

You must have had your head buried firmly in the sand then, there was a constant stream of so called celebrities demonising those that chose not to be jabbed & that's on top of the Gov't campaigns of 'Get vaccinated to protect others' when it's now been admitted the jabs don't stop transmission.

all around

Why not just set a precedent and not have the vaccine, your choice, and allow others a choice ?

There's really no difference in the nastiness trying to convince people not to have it as trying to convince them to have it, especially when lies and stupidity are the only weapons in the arsenal.

Advising people to look at the pros and cons is fine, trying to tell the it doesn't work just makes people look stupid.

By *aysOfOurLivesCouple  over a year ago

Chigwell

"I'd take any medicine or therapeutic recommended by my doctor and passed by the MHRA or equivalent body. I've had four mRNA vaccines so far and am satisfied with the risk as seen in a global sample."
100%

I would add… we ALL die sometime of something, I am not going to spend my life running in fear of an infinitesimally small body of “evidence” to prolong a life of running in fear. I’d take fewer years in blissful happiness and a day in bitter anger of whatever of whomever may be controlling my happiness.

London

"

Why not just set a precedent and not have the vaccine, your choice, and allow others a choice ?

There's really no difference in the nastiness trying to convince people not to have it as trying to convince them to have it, especially when lies and stupidity are the only weapons in the arsenal.

Advising people to look at the pros and cons is fine, trying to tell the it doesn't work just makes people look stupid. "

Unfortunately asking people to be reasonable doesn't always work.

G

London

It would need to be far more effective than the current mRNA 'vaccines' that don't stop you catching, transmitting, being hospitalised or dying from the illness you're supposedly vaccinated against to even be worth considering "

The covid vaccine does prevent you from hospitalisation and death though It also played a hand in preventing transmission.

There are various studies out there proving this too.

No thanks, I survived this far with my immune system intact & don't intend to change that at anytime in the future."

You haven't been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, smallbox?

Never had a tetanus shot?

Winston

Central

No thanks, I survived this far with my immune system intact & don't intend to change that at anytime in the future."

Our immune systems typically degrade in effectiveness as we age, so it can be a fallacy to assume that how it had been for us whilst younger, is the same it will be as we age. Cancers can also establish at any age and we'll often not be aware of them until it's very late. Most people would not then just rely on how their health and immune systems had been whilst younger, to assume that they should just trust in their past form.

Beccles

It would need to be far more effective than the current mRNA 'vaccines' that don't stop you catching, transmitting, being hospitalised or dying from the illness you're supposedly vaccinated against to even be worth considering

The covid vaccine does prevent you from hospitalisation and death though It also played a hand in preventing transmission.

There are various studies out there proving this too."

Have you seen the ONS data for this year ? 93% of covid deaths were vaccinated despite only 70% of the population being vaccinated.

all around

Have you seen the ONS data for this year ? 93% of covid deaths were vaccinated despite only 70% of the population being vaccinated. "

Really not sure what your trying to achieve by taking stats out of context, are you assuming someone might be stupid enough to think that's supporting your agenda?

Maybe you'd like someone to explain in simple terms how the statistics you are fond of actually proves that the vaccine has saved millions lives ?

I guess not because you already but are afraid to admit it !!

Get it don't get it ... Nobody cares

Dr Robert Malone, one of the people responsible for the development of MRNA vaccines doesn't think it's a good idea, so, no, I dont think I will.

London

Have you seen the ONS data for this year ? 93% of covid deaths were vaccinated despite only 70% of the population being vaccinated. "

But is that because it was the higher risk groups that got vaccinated first, so a higher proportion of those people were vaccinated?

G

all around

"Dr Robert Malone, one of the people responsible for the development of MRNA vaccines doesn't think it's a good idea, so, no, I dont think I will."

Please try and be original, that was also debunked in 2020

By *aysOfOurLivesCouple  over a year ago

Chigwell

"Dr Robert Malone, one of the people responsible for the development of MRNA vaccines doesn't think it's a good idea, so, no, I dont think I will."
Dr R Malone is a bitter and twisted person who was NOT responsible for development of the MRNA in the same way that paying your taxes does not give you a claim to pushing Russian forces out of Ukraine. He work, with others, on a minor part of something a long time ago that vaguely resembles the process used in vaccinations. More importantly, not only are the other scientists involved at the time, not claiming to have invented the vaccine but are actively refuting his own self aggrandising claims.

If you’re going to throw his name around like that then you may as well be saying Jeffrey Dahmer was a people person.

[Removed by poster at 19/10/22 20:21:00]

all around

Give your heads a wobble, if you don't like someone then block them and move on rather than spew hate filled garbage.

Only 4 weeks until we see all those lovely people in Gran Canaria, can't wait. "

Maybe see you there xx

By *rNice.Man  over a year ago

Doncaster

what sort of question is that ??? Of course .... it s killed many old people who went in for routine operations , then died of surgical wounds and blood poisoning that not healed up due to this ....

nr spalding

"what sort of question is that ??? Of course .... it s killed many old people who went in for routine operations , then died of surgical wounds and blood poisoning that not healed up due to this .... "

Just a question here are you saying that covid has caused the wounds to not close properly or the vaccine?

merseyside

Maybe see you there xx"

Yes, see you there.

I'll be the one wearing several masks and having a couple of syringes dangling from my arms.

merseyside

Maybe see you there xx"

Yes, see you there.

I'll be the one wearing several masks and having a couple of syringes dangling from my arms.

all around

Maybe see you there xx

Yes, see you there.

"

We'll be the ones wearing nothing but a smile

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Shove all the vaccines

"Shove all the vaccines "

That's not how they are taken...

merseyside

That's what happens, they shove them into your arm.

If you're a very brave boy, you'll get a lollipop too.

"Shove all the vaccines

That's what happens, they shove them into your arm.

If you're a very brave boy, you'll get a lollipop too. "

Based on his last post, he'll be busy shoving all the vaccines up his bum.

Central

Please just have 1, not all of them

Nope I'm in the control group!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Nope I'm in the control group! "

Me too

merseyside

But your profile says "risks aren't risks unless you take them" or some other such nonsense.

Surely, an adventurous, risk taking, dynamic fella like yourself would be fearless and indestructible.

Oh, hang on, been on over 12 months and no verified meets, not risky enough for you these clubs, parties and socials.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

two more medals please and a round of applause ??; well done you,a great example of social responsibility and caring for others

two more medals please and a round of applause ??; well done you,a great example of social responsibility and caring for others "

Wearing a mask, social distancing and getting vaccinated are all great examples of social responsibility and caring for others.

Winston

By *rumBWC85Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I wouldn’t go near them, Scientists have found irreversible effects from inoculations, one only has to look around and see the fatalities in professional sports to see what’s going on, the lipid nano particles are taking the spike proteins past the blood brain barrier, vials containing the inoculation under a dark field microscope show sone very interesting things too which shouldn’t be in there, my mate had his booster earlier in the year too and the next day he dropped down on site at work, thankfully he was working at the hospital, he had suffered a severe sub cranial haemorrhage he was in a coma for two months now He is learning to walk again, the drs told him it was vaccine induced. I can only think is a Wider agenda here and it has f@*k all to do with a virus

Birmingham

There is an international investigation going on into the use of Midazolam on the elderly and I’ll during the first wave of lockdown, midazolam is an end of life treatment and the elderly were shipped out of hospitals to nursing homes and given three times the normal dose of midazolam, which is the equivalent of euthanasia

Reading

"I wouldn’t go near them, Scientists have found irreversible effects from inoculations, one only has to look around and see the fatalities in professional sports to see what’s going on, the lipid nano particles are taking the spike proteins past the blood brain barrier, vials containing the inoculation under a dark field microscope show sone very interesting things too which shouldn’t be in there, my mate had his booster earlier in the year too and the next day he dropped down on site at work, thankfully he was working at the hospital, he had suffered a severe sub cranial haemorrhage he was in a coma for two months now He is learning to walk again, the drs told him it was vaccine induced. I can only think is a Wider agenda here and it has f@*k all to do with a virus "

So many words, so little fact

Reading

"I wouldn’t go near them, Scientists have found irreversible effects from inoculations, one only has to look around and see the fatalities in professional sports to see what’s going on, the lipid nano particles are taking the spike proteins past the blood brain barrier, vials containing the inoculation under a dark field microscope show sone very interesting things too which shouldn’t be in there, my mate had his booster earlier in the year too and the next day he dropped down on site at work, thankfully he was working at the hospital, he had suffered a severe sub cranial haemorrhage he was in a coma for two months now He is learning to walk again, the drs told him it was vaccine induced. I can only think is a Wider agenda here and it has f@*k all to do with a virus "

Please keep replies to the forum, sending us bollox by message isn’t appropriate

Birmingham

You sent me a message, but if your here to play games, how about you download the black and red (hidden Bluetooth) app from the store it’s free, then we can play the experiment game, and we can all bicker around the results of the experiment can’t we, I can show you scientific study’s done on this, it is far from a joke, the max addresses are unjoinable too which is weird they have a self defence mechanism, there is a man by the name of klaus schwalbe, sadly he want to make transhumanism a thing, and sorry to say you are the volunteers wether you like it or not

"I wouldn’t go near them, Scientists have found irreversible effects from inoculations, one only has to look around and see the fatalities in professional sports to see what’s going on, the lipid nano particles are taking the spike proteins past the blood brain barrier, vials containing the inoculation under a dark field microscope show sone very interesting things too which shouldn’t be in there, my mate had his booster earlier in the year too and the next day he dropped down on site at work, thankfully he was working at the hospital, he had suffered a severe sub cranial haemorrhage he was in a coma for two months now He is learning to walk again, the drs told him it was vaccine induced. I can only think is a Wider agenda here and it has f@*k all to do with a virus

So many words, so little fact "

This. ^^^

Winston

Reading

"You sent me a message, but if your here to play games, how about you download the black and red (hidden Bluetooth) app from the store it’s free, then we can play the experiment game, and we can all bicker around the results of the experiment can’t we, I can show you scientific study’s done on this, it is far from a joke, the max addresses are unjoinable too which is weird they have a self defence mechanism, there is a man by the name of klaus schwalbe, sadly he want to make transhumanism a thing, and sorry to say you are the volunteers wether you like it or not "

We didn’t send you a message, we responded to your utterly ridiculous forum post, try and get your facts right.

chester

two more medals please and a round of applause ??; well done you,a great example of social responsibility and caring for others

Wearing a mask, social distancing and getting vaccinated are all great examples of social responsibility and caring for others.

Winston "

Yes make sure you wear your seat belt if you don't mine won't work

"You sent me a message, but if your here to play games, how about you download the black and red (hidden Bluetooth) app from the store it’s free, then we can play the experiment game, and we can all bicker around the results of the experiment can’t we, I can show you scientific study’s done on this, it is far from a joke, the max addresses are unjoinable too which is weird they have a self defence mechanism, there is a man by the name of klaus schwalbe, sadly he want to make transhumanism a thing, and sorry to say you are the volunteers wether you like it or not "

It amuses me no end that those who refused covid vaccines are now in the control group.

The irony normally escapes them.

Winston

chester

"I wouldn’t go near them, Scientists have found irreversible effects from inoculations, one only has to look around and see the fatalities in professional sports to see what’s going on, the lipid nano particles are taking the spike proteins past the blood brain barrier, vials containing the inoculation under a dark field microscope show sone very interesting things too which shouldn’t be in there, my mate had his booster earlier in the year too and the next day he dropped down on site at work, thankfully he was working at the hospital, he had suffered a severe sub cranial haemorrhage he was in a coma for two months now He is learning to walk again, the drs told him it was vaccine induced. I can only think is a Wider agenda here and it has f@*k all to do with a virus

This. ^^^

Winston "

^^^ baaaaaa

Reading

This. ^^^

Winston

^^^ baaaaaa "

How 2020

Birmingham

Fact 2: coroners are pulling out very strange looking blood clots from the arteries of the deceased not the vessels or the veins the ARTERIES, the machines usually used to drain the blood are clogging, this is not a normal thing and another thing to note is it is Only the vaccinated thy are clogging them, people working in blood analysis are also seeing very strange findings under a microscope, the red blood cells aren’t flowing anymore there all stuck together, and we all know What happens in small passages when there’s a group of you passing through hense the blood clot phenomenon. Pfizer’s documents which have been taken by mp’s to international hearing also state this, aswell as the other god knows how many thousands of other side effects in there report which they didn’t want to release but a judge ordered they release it

This. ^^^

Winston

^^^ baaaaaa "

I have questions;

When you studied for your 3 PHD'S in Epidemiology, Physics and Biology did you express the same opinions to your tutors as you do here?

Or.....

When you studied for your 3 PHD'S in Epidemiology, Physics and Biology did your tutors not teach you how vaccines work?

Winston

This. ^^^

Winston

^^^ baaaaaa

How 2020 "

I don't think the sheeple insult is quite the insult people think it it.

When there's a wolf about the sheep group together for mutual protection.

It's the weak, the lame and the stupid that ignore the safety of the group and end up attacked by the wolf.

I'm happy to be a sheeple.

Winston

Birmingham

The institute that founded your holy grail of knowledge also founded the holy grail of pharmaceuticals, you do understand that people that have never had a vaccine from birth are a hell of a lot healthier than those that have had on, and to the question of what is a vaccine, mRNA has never been used in Gunn’s before in not sure if you know the inns and outs of what actually goes inside the body after you consent to being injected with it but it Is far from what a vaccine in the pre MRNA is trust me, it splices your dna and edits the code, that code is natural, we are a miracle and kissing about with it is not something you really want to be going trust me

Manchester (she/her)

Oh dear

Birmingham

Fact:3

Birmingham

Pfizer executive admits that the covid vaccine was tested for transmission, it doesn’t stop it spreading? WAIT that’s why we’ll got it didn’t we?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"The institute that founded your holy grail of knowledge also founded the holy grail of pharmaceuticals, you do understand that people that have never had a vaccine from birth are a hell of a lot healthier than those that have had on, and to the question of what is a vaccine, mRNA has never been used in Gunn’s before in not sure if you know the inns and outs of what actually goes inside the body after you consent to being injected with it but it Is far from what a vaccine in the pre MRNA is trust me, it splices your dna and edits the code, that code is natural, we are a miracle and kissing about with it is not something you really want to be going trust me"
are you trying to suggest that the vaccines somehow edits our dna??

Manchester (she/her)

"Pfizer executive admits that the covid vaccine was tested for transmission, it doesn’t stop it spreading? WAIT that’s why we’ll got it didn’t we? "

No.

Hope this helps

Birmingham

Pfizer side effects: https://twitter.com/vonbrauckmann/status/1499133697747918851

By *unner6969Man  over a year ago

Bucks

Why wouldn’t you?

"The institute that founded your holy grail of knowledge also founded the holy grail of pharmaceuticals, you do understand that people that have never had a vaccine from birth are a hell of a lot healthier than those that have had on, and to the question of what is a vaccine, mRNA has never been used in Gunn’s before in not sure if you know the inns and outs of what actually goes inside the body after you consent to being injected with it but it Is far from what a vaccine in the pre MRNA is trust me, it splices your dna and edits the code, that code is natural, we are a miracle and kissing about with it is not something you really want to be going trust meare you trying to suggest that the vaccines somehow edits our dna?? "

DNA is the acronym for the National Dyslexic Association.

Not a lot of people know that.

Winston

By *unner6969Man  over a year ago

Bucks

"The institute that founded your holy grail of knowledge also founded the holy grail of pharmaceuticals, you do understand that people that have never had a vaccine from birth are a hell of a lot healthier than those that have had on, and to the question of what is a vaccine, mRNA has never been used in Gunn’s before in not sure if you know the inns and outs of what actually goes inside the body after you consent to being injected with it but it Is far from what a vaccine in the pre MRNA is trust me, it splices your dna and edits the code, that code is natural, we are a miracle and kissing about with it is not something you really want to be going trust me"

I assume you are not a scientist and that also, you do not understand mRNA or DNA. I appreciate it isn’t an easy thing to understand without the background, I’m pretty rusty on it myself. But you are totally wrong.

chester

This. ^^^

Winston

^^^ baaaaaa

I have questions;

When you studied for your 3 PHD'S in Epidemiology, Physics and Biology did you express the same opinions to your tutors as you do here?

Or.....

When you studied for your 3 PHD'S in Epidemiology, Physics and Biology did your tutors not teach you how vaccines work?

Winston

"

True vaccines yes, and the sheeple reference is how people just follow the herd there is no wolf among the sheep for "mutual protection"

Central

"People who have never had a vaccine... are healthier than those that have had on(e)"

You're aware that several millions of lives are saved each year by vaccination? I don't think millions of dead people could accurately be described as healthier than the vaccinated living!

Would you prefer that Smallpox hadn't been eradicated by vaccination?

Birmingham

Dna is the same as computer code it has bits of information that in this day and age can be easily manipulated, and sadly at the world economic forum they are hell bent on this, sadly the new normal isn’t a few barriers at the local checkout which have funnily enough become solid glass structures from flimsy plastic things, it’s us and what tech they have been putting into us hense why there’s graphene in the vials too which pablo campra a scientist did an analysis in the Pfizer vial, he found graphene looking shapes in there then did microraman spectroscopy on it and it was graphene he also found a host of other naughties in there, which look a lot like nano tech, which would need the graphene present to fuel as it’s a super conductor, graphene has no place in the human body and being a atom thick and the strongest thing in the world I doubt it’s gonna do much good flying round the extremely delicate lining of your blood vessels, it’s time get out of ostrich mode now and stop relying on those that massacre globally through wars to have your back, money talks at the end of the day and funding branches deep o to every orifice including fancy checkers head dr’s like fauci and top scientists, they re burning the book again bit this time it’s digital pages that are being burnt (world renowned scientists, dr, people that talk against it aswell as influencers) dr aseem malhotra also came on the tv the other day warning against it, and tbf I have never heard of someone getting tb after a tb vaccine or any other, it does it’s job and this isn’t doing anything does that not make you think?

Birmingham

People that aren’t vaccinated are much healthier it’s a fact, ask a dr if he has ever seen a kid with autism that isn’t vaccinated, not sure how much research you’ve done into the increase of disease over the years which funnily enough coincides with the introduction of vaccines but it’s Speaks volumes, god only knows how we survived millions of years without a vaccine, as our natural immunity couldn’t fight anything of could it

Manchester (she/her)

"People that aren’t vaccinated are much healthier it’s a fact, ask a dr if he has ever seen a kid with autism that isn’t vaccinated, not sure how much research you’ve done into the increase of disease over the years which funnily enough coincides with the introduction of vaccines but it’s Speaks volumes, god only knows how we survived millions of years without a vaccine, as our natural immunity couldn’t fight anything of could it "

I've filled my bingo card, everyone. Autism. Good fucking grief

[Removed by poster at 23/10/22 23:37:01]

Birmingham

happy gambling

Central

"People that aren’t vaccinated are much healthier it’s a fact, ask a dr if he has ever seen a kid with autism that isn’t vaccinated, not sure how much research you’ve done into the increase of disease over the years which funnily enough coincides with the introduction of vaccines but it’s Speaks volumes, god only knows how we survived millions of years without a vaccine, as our natural immunity couldn’t fight anything of could it

I've filled my bingo card, everyone. Autism. Good fucking grief "

The level of ignorance and stupidity in this thread has filled a few Forum Bingo cards. Repeating oarrot fashion, the totally false. Autism trope, shows the power of propaganda and how easily some are swayed.

Birmingham

Have you checked the website? I am clearly speaking clear facts and giving you the addresses to find the info for yourself, you talk like you know bill gates personally, which is odd like your sticking up for something that isn’t a trial, please wake up and smell the coffee or atleast click the links or research the names of the scientists etc I have give you, loads of my mates and there family either have heart issues, Bell’s palsy, or hair falling out, or have nearly died, has been vaccinated and I know a few people I don’t see non of my unvaccinated mates with these issues which is not rocket science these jabs are causing havoc inside there body’s, 3 people last week told me there dimly had cancer in and everyone else seems to be getting it all of a sudden, never before in history have you had an experimental Vaccine rolled out that when administered it doesn’t work, against any of the areas you know a vaccine to cover, sadly many are dying in sports events globally and they ain’t exactly lay abouts there the elite of fitness which speaks volumes to me

Birmingham

Ok the bill and Melinda gates foundation didn’t step into vietnam till 2000’s after they signed up with the monetary bankers, then they start to roll out there vaccines which we have had for years, do your research on autism rates in Vietnam, I believe it is a catalyst as a number of normal healthy children come home from the doctors and literally shit down and start banging there beds off the wall and never say a word again, for a mom that is a living nightmare mentally and physically as your life changes you no longer have a normal life. Autism is one in ten now? What was it in the 50’s

Birmingham

There have been 4,773 batches administered in uk and 47,707 batches administered globally, the deadliest batch in the uk has 3223 adverse reactions, a death toll of 58, 361 disability’s and 124 life threatening illnesses, that’s one batch out of 4773. We are still in the first stage of this trial and the statistics are shocking every other vaccine was sheaves after a few deaths except this one which got pumped out on a global scale, and how they managed to produce that amount of vaccines in such a small amount of time really amazes me as it’s not a simple process you have to isolate the virus, can someone show me evidence please if the virus being isolated

"People that aren’t vaccinated are much healthier it’s a fact, ask a dr if he has ever seen a kid with autism that isn’t vaccinated, not sure how much research you’ve done into the increase of disease over the years which funnily enough coincides with the introduction of vaccines but it’s Speaks volumes, god only knows how we survived millions of years without a vaccine, as our natural immunity couldn’t fight anything of could it

I've filled my bingo card, everyone. Autism. Good fucking grief

The level of ignorance and stupidity in this thread has filled a few Forum Bingo cards. Repeating oarrot fashion, the totally false. Autism trope, shows the power of propaganda and how easily some are swayed. "

This. ^^^

Winston

^^^ baaaaaa

I have questions;

Or.....

Winston

True vaccines yes, and the sheeple reference is how people just follow the herd there is no wolf among the sheep for "mutual protection" "

You studied "True" vaccines for your 3 PHD'S in Epidemiology, Physics and Biology?

What are "true" vaccines?

The wolf in my analogy is Covid.

Winston

"People that aren’t vaccinated are much healthier it’s a fact, ask a dr if he has ever seen a kid with autism that isn’t vaccinated, not sure how much research you’ve done into the increase of disease over the years which funnily enough coincides with the introduction of vaccines but it’s Speaks volumes, god only knows how we survived millions of years without a vaccine, as our natural immunity couldn’t fight anything of could it "

The original vaccine = autism link was made by a Doctor with a research pool of 12 children.

He's since been struck of and his work wholly discredited.

Since then over a million children have been studied for links to vaccines and Autism.

Not a single link or case has been found.

You're welcome.

Winston

Natural immunity did a great job for the plague and influenza in 1918. Increase in autism is down to autism diagnosis improving - take a minute to feel for those who did not get the right support in their childhood and life and were seen to be just a trouble maker. The link between jabs and autism is weak, the study you refer to is of 12 children and has been proven to be wrong.

Dear oh dear, not again

Lambs to the Slaughter, enjoy the ride.

Manchester (she/her)

"Lambs to the Slaughter, enjoy the ride. "

Siri, ask me how this is going in five years

Central

"There have been 4,773 batches administered in uk and 47,707 batches administered globally, the deadliest batch in the uk has 3223 adverse reactions, a death toll of 58, 361 disability’s and 124 life threatening illnesses, that’s one batch out of 4773. We are still in the first stage of this trial and the statistics are shocking every other vaccine was sheaves after a few deaths except this one which got pumped out on a global scale, and how they managed to produce that amount of vaccines in such a small amount of time really amazes me as it’s not a simple process you have to isolate the virus, can someone show me evidence please if the virus being isolated "

You mention 'evidence', which is clearly lacking in your rambling word salad. The scientific literature is full of an abundance of peer-reviewed evidence and is the arena to learn from, so that the antivax propaganda is trashed.

If it kills 1 person it's not safe......we have thousands dead its not that hard maths. Also, the UK has its highest-ever count of unexplained deaths right now.

Dead baby tissue is another name for the mRNA.

"If it kills 1 person it's not safe......we have thousands dead its not that hard maths. Also, the UK has its highest-ever count of unexplained deaths right now.

Dead baby tissue is another name for the mRNA."

except it doesn't have any in it....

"If it kills 1 person it's not safe......we have thousands dead its not that hard maths. Also, the UK has its highest-ever count of unexplained deaths right now.

except it doesn't have any in it.... "

These posts just get more funny. The inaccuracy of details that are easily verifiable are ridiculous.

Winston

These posts just get more funny. The inaccuracy of details that are easily verifiable are ridiculous.

Winston "

thing is because or nonsense like this my daughter nearly lost her life and her baby xx

Manchester (she/her)

I thought that was MMR?

At least these arguments are eco friendly with all the recycling

Winston thing is because or nonsense like this my daughter nearly lost her life and her baby xx "

I'm glad she made the right decisions, despite the lunatic fringe.

At least in the States they're starting to take action against conspiracy loons.

Winston

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

There’s no dead baby tissue in it but anyway if your that afraid then best not take any medication for anything as it all has the potential to cause illnesses and in extreme cases death.

Paracetamol, aspirin, ect

Full ingredient list;

ALC-0315 = (4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate)

ALC-0159 = 2[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide

1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine

cholesterol

potassium chloride

potassium dihydrogen phosphate

sodium chloride

disodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate

sucrose

Nope, no dead baby tissue.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Full ingredient list;

cholesterol

potassium chloride

sodium chloride

sucrose

Winston

"

What about that horrendous killer dihydrogen monoxide? I hear that the World Economic Forum approves of giving this to... children.

Full ingredient list;

cholesterol

potassium chloride

sodium chloride

sucrose

Winston

What about that horrendous killer dihydrogen monoxide? I hear that the World Economic Forum approves of giving this to... children."

*wails......

Will somebody think of the children......

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

Full ingredient list;

cholesterol

potassium chloride

sodium chloride

sucrose

Winston

What about that horrendous killer dihydrogen monoxide? I hear that the World Economic Forum approves of giving this to... children.

*wails......

Will somebody think of the children......

Winston "

Will the globalists never be stopped?

Horse shit it too nice a term for this.

Central

It's great in these difficult times to have a smile put on your face, isn't it - which word salad nonsense always does

Manchester (she/her)

It's great in these difficult times to have a smile put on your face, isn't it - which word salad nonsense always does "

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Yes, I would take an mRNA vaccine. However I would only take it, like any other medicine, if I felt I was at serious risk from whatever it was meant to be protecting me from. I definitely wouldn't be at the front of the queue for any medication. I would probably treat it the same as I treated the COVID vaccine. I was glad not to be one of the first called but was happy enough to be jabbed when my time came. I was always happy enough, although in no rush, to get the second vaccine when it was offered. I turned down the option of the third booster jab because I no longer felt the benefits out weight danger from infection.

Please note us females are more likely to die from taking the pill then the COVID jab.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Definitely not. No one will know for sure what a vaccine based on mRNA will do to your body. It may affect any offspring that people have as it affects their DNA. Look at Thalidomide as an example of a medication that affected babies when the mothers took it for morning sickness.

While diseases such as cancer is awful, we cannot try and cure everything. Some diseases attract more funding than others and there becomes an inequality on what should be ‘cured’. Why should some diseases take precedence over another?

Manchester

"Definitely not. No one will know for sure what a vaccine based on mRNA will do to your body. It may affect any offspring that people have as it affects their DNA. Look at Thalidomide as an example of a medication that affected babies when the mothers took it for morning sickness.

While diseases such as cancer is awful, we cannot try and cure everything. Some diseases attract more funding than others and there becomes an inequality on what should be ‘cured’. Why should some diseases take precedence over another? "

Well let's not bother to cure anything then. Back to the dark ages we go.

London

Watching people on this thread play with science is a bit like watching someone else's child play with scissors, you shouldn't find it funny but oh lordy.....

"Definitely not. No one will know for sure what a vaccine based on mRNA will do to your body. It may affect any offspring that people have as it affects their DNA. Look at Thalidomide as an example of a medication that affected babies when the mothers took it for morning sickness.

While diseases such as cancer is awful, we cannot try and cure everything. Some diseases attract more funding than others and there becomes an inequality on what should be ‘cured’. Why should some diseases take precedence over another? "

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

I think we've moved on a bit since then. Thank fuck.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"Watching people on this thread play with science is a bit like watching someone else's child play with scissors, you shouldn't find it funny but oh lordy....."

Reading

"Watching people on this thread play with science is a bit like watching someone else's child play with scissors, you shouldn't find it funny but oh lordy....."

Love it

London

BAD SCIENCE MAN MAKE GOD ANGRY - HE HIDE THE SUN

Manchester (she/her)

While diseases such as cancer is awful, we cannot try and cure everything. Some diseases attract more funding than others and there becomes an inequality on what should be ‘cured’. Why should some diseases take precedence over another?

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston "

Yes. Three generations of my family hadn't been born yet at that stage - scientific processes and safeguards have changed significantly (including as a result of that tragedy) in *three generations*.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Well, aren't you just charming!

I am renowned for my honesty, frankness and forthrightness; I have had several long frustrating conversations with vaccine conspiracy theorists; their delusional opinions are astoundingly baseless, and they feed off each other's cr#p, and try to brainwash others who are foolish enough to believe them."

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston "

Do you think when they administered thalidomide they also felt it was safe and had been properly tested?

No I would not.

Like all things, proof would be in the extensive un manipulated(funded by) data and results, to date the results while some are ok, on the bigger picture there much wider complications that are yet to be understood with manipulating our core. On the face it sounds amazing, but in reality there is still a very long way to go, and if we go down that route the world will never be able to get back to this point prior to any dna modifications….. I don’t think it should be taken lightly as just a vaccine.

No we have not - look at the covid vaccine data …..

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

If the science is sound I'll have them.

They could be a key breakthrough for cancer for instance

No we have not - look at the current high unexplained deaths and the Scottish data for baby deaths has doubled since September

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston "

It’s normally sound when the research is funded by the company who will sell it- perfectly sound - re Pfizer admitting it’s lied about it’s tests and results and lack of them

If the science is sound I'll have them.

They could be a key breakthrough for cancer for instance "

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston

Do you think when they administered thalidomide they also felt it was safe and had been properly tested? "

I do and I do.

I'm also capable of grasping that lessons were learnt and more rigorous research, testing and licensing are now in place.

The only bit of good news that came out of the whole tragedy.

Because Thalidomide was such a tragedy it's still "fresh" in our minds.

We forget that it was 65 years ago and whether we choose to believe it or not, science has moved on immeasurably in those 65 years.

Winston

Tin town

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston

Do you think when they administered thalidomide they also felt it was safe and had been properly tested?

I do and I do.

I'm also capable of grasping that lessons were learnt and more rigorous research, testing and licensing are now in place.

We forget that it was 65 years ago and whether we choose to believe it or not, science has moved on immeasurably in those 65 years.

Winston "

I don't doubt we know more now than we did 65 years ago. Do you think at the time the experts then were of the opinion that science had moved on immeasurably in their previous 65 years also? Or has "science" only been progressing in the last 65 years?

London

"

I don't doubt we know more now than we did 65 years ago. Do you think at the time the experts then were of the opinion that science had moved on immeasurably in their previous 65 years also? Or has "science" only been progressing in the last 65 years? "

You're probably right. Hold on,I'll check the internet....

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston

I do and I do.

Winston

I don't doubt we know more now than we did 65 years ago. Do you think at the time the experts then were of the opinion that science had moved on immeasurably in their previous 65 years also? Or has "science" only been progressing in the last 65 years? "

In my scientific discovery accelerates with 65 is a very very long time in modern science. The thalidomide problem came from a lack of understanding of. chirality. One isomer was safe the other not.

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston

I do and I do.

Winston

We think we know more and we know better, we believe we know more too, yet without proper controls we are entering into a era of great unknown of dna manipulation , genetically modified food, and a world of less human connectivity, 65 years ago was an era of great unknown and before that - yes it’s progress but progress to what, what are we progressing to?

Tin town

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston

I do and I do.

Winston

I don't doubt we know more now than we did 65 years ago. Do you think at the time the experts then were of the opinion that science had moved on immeasurably in their previous 65 years also? Or has "science" only been progressing in the last 65 years?

We think we know more and we know better, we believe we know more too, yet without proper controls we are entering into a era of great unknown of dna manipulation , genetically modified food, and a world of less human connectivity, 65 years ago was an era of great unknown and before that - yes it’s progress but progress to what, what are we progressing to? "

I find the unwavering arrogance that we know all we need to know worrying. It's like we don't seem to learn from mistakes. Take thalidomide. Introduced in 1953 and considered safe. Birth defects and issues not noted until 8 years later in 1961. But it was safe. One can imagine the dissenting voices being treated as fools in the same way as those who challenge some of the findings. Yes regulations and processes may have been improved since then. But I'm sure at the time they were considered sufficient to launch the product. When there are vast somes of money to be made and political maneuvering people don't always follow "the process"

Manchester (she/her)

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston

I do and I do.

Winston

We think we know more and we know better, we believe we know more too, yet without proper controls we are entering into a era of great unknown of dna manipulation , genetically modified food, and a world of less human connectivity, 65 years ago was an era of great unknown and before that - yes it’s progress but progress to what, what are we progressing to?

I find the unwavering arrogance that we know all we need to know worrying. It's like we don't seem to learn from mistakes. Take thalidomide. Introduced in 1953 and considered safe. Birth defects and issues not noted until 8 years later in 1961. But it was safe. One can imagine the dissenting voices being treated as fools in the same way as those who challenge some of the findings. Yes regulations and processes may have been improved since then. But I'm sure at the time they were considered sufficient to launch the product. When there are vast somes of money to be made and political maneuvering people don't always follow "the process" "

What I read above is "we're doing better, which is an ongoing process". If you see that as arrogance, I'm not sure you understand the process. Everyone is just doing their best and trying to make the best decisions. What's "their best" continues to improve.

The fact we have to reach back before my parents were born to find such a disaster actually speaks to the improvements that have been made since then.

But who knows. Maybe in 100 years we'll find out that mobile phones turn us all blue. Best stop using them, lest we be considered arrogant for trusting current safety protocols.

Manchester (she/her)

Thalidomide. I'm getting on towards 40. It happened before my parents were born.

Billions of doses of medicine are administered in the world every day. Billions! I myself have probably taken over ten thousand doses of medication in my lifetime, and I'm but one person. (I have a condition which has required daily medication for most of my life)

And the clear and present danger of medicine is so obvious, so clear, so evident in everything we do, that the example that everyone trots out happened before my parents were born. In my family, three generations ago.

Clearly, it's super dangerous. All the time. Every day. Hell, I should be dead five times by now

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

mRNA (Messenger RiboNucliec Acid) vaccines do not effect a cells DNA (DeoxyriboNucleic Acid) or even a cells RNA (RiboNucliec Acid). In a somewhat simplified explanation, RNA in a cell tells a cell how to make specific proteins that a cell needs for whatever function it has in your body by issuing chemical messages. mRNA is simply a chemical message that will tell the cell to produce proteins for a very limited but vulnerable part of the virus that you want to protect the body from. When the cell has produced the proteins they are released into the body where the proteins are detected as foreign my the immune system and antibodies created. At same time, as the cell releases the proteins into the body the cell itself dies, destroying the mRNA within it as it does so.

At no point is the genetic makeup (RNA or DNA) of either the cell, body or person changed in anyway at all.

Tin town

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston

I do and I do.

Winston

I find the unwavering arrogance that we know all we need to know worrying. It's like we don't seem to learn from mistakes. Take thalidomide. Introduced in 1953 and considered safe. Birth defects and issues not noted until 8 years later in 1961. But it was safe. One can imagine the dissenting voices being treated as fools in the same way as those who challenge some of the findings. Yes regulations and processes may have been improved since then. But I'm sure at the time they were considered sufficient to launch the product. When there are vast somes of money to be made and political maneuvering people don't always follow "the process"

What I read above is "we're doing better, which is an ongoing process". If you see that as arrogance, I'm not sure you understand the process. Everyone is just doing their best and trying to make the best decisions. What's "their best" continues to improve.

The fact we have to reach back before my parents were born to find such a disaster actually speaks to the improvements that have been made since then.

But who knows. Maybe in 100 years we'll find out that mobile phones turn us all blue. Best stop using them, lest we be considered arrogant for trusting current safety protocols."

We've been using mobiles for 30 odd years. It's a silly comparison.

Manchester (she/her)

Thalidomide was tragic.

It was also 1957.

Winston

I do and I do.

Winston

But who knows. Maybe in 100 years we'll find out that mobile phones turn us all blue. Best stop using them, lest we be considered arrogant for trusting current safety protocols.

We've been using mobiles for 30 odd years. It's a silly comparison. "

The first human trial of mRNA vaccines was 2001.

Why is it silly?

Tin town

"Thalidomide. I'm getting on towards 40. It happened before my parents were born.

Billions of doses of medicine are administered in the world every day. Billions! I myself have probably taken over ten thousand doses of medication in my lifetime, and I'm but one person. (I have a condition which has required daily medication for most of my life)

And the clear and present danger of medicine is so obvious, so clear, so evident in everything we do, that the example that everyone trots out happened before my parents were born. In my family, three generations ago.

Clearly, it's super dangerous. All the time. Every day. Hell, I should be dead five times by now "

Seriously? One individual has taken lots of medication so therefore we should assume all medication is safe because they aren't yet dead?

Manchester (she/her)

"Thalidomide. I'm getting on towards 40. It happened before my parents were born.

Clearly, it's super dangerous. All the time. Every day. Hell, I should be dead five times by now

Seriously? One individual has taken lots of medication so therefore we should assume all medication is safe because they aren't yet dead? "

No, in order to say medicine might be dangerous, you have to go back generations. If it were arrogant to assume general safety, people wouldn't have to go that far back in history.

London

Shall we count down to end of thread?

Central

It's a pity that you overlooked facts about the MRNA vaccines.

By *asons_CarounnCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

"Shall we count down to end of thread?

19....."

Amazing threads for topping up the block list though.

This thread has an amazing number of posts that contain both Dunning Kruger and Tuteur Corollary.

Winston

London

"This thread has an amazing number of posts that contain both Dunning Kruger and Tuteur Corollary.

Winston"

Have you been watching the Bake Off again?

G

Central

"This thread has an amazing number of posts that contain both Dunning Kruger and Tuteur Corollary.

Winston"

Shit to flies

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

I’ve had more jabs than Henry cooper

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

Yep I had breast cancer last year so I’m in those group of individuals who are of higher risk of cancer again in the future and I’d defo feel that the positives outweigh the negatives

Winston

Shit to flies "

Winston

I think it was worth it early on when the strains were more harmful. Now, I reckon the chance of an adverse effect is higher considering risk-benefit, but this depends on your age. We don’t know at all what might happen in 10 years time etc: a good example is during the swine flu (i think it was this epidemic? Noughties anyway) one of the vaccines eventually went on to cause narcolepsy. Whereas if you’re not old and not very unhealthy, covid rn is reliably fine

*i reckon the negative from adverse effects outweighs the benefits of the vaccine

I should rephrase that but you get the idea

"I think it was worth it early on when the strains were more harmful. Now, I reckon the chance of an adverse effect is higher considering risk-benefit, but this depends on your age. We don’t know at all what might happen in 10 years time etc: a good example is during the swine flu (i think it was this epidemic? Noughties anyway) one of the vaccines eventually went on to cause narcolepsy. Whereas if you’re not old and not very unhealthy, covid rn is reliably fine"

Strange that so many people who were not old/unhealthy died from Covid or got long Covid then, isn't it?

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

Will happily try whatever may potentially help someone along the way.

Volunteered in past for various trials.

They have to test on humans at some point.

"I think it was worth it early on when the strains were more harmful. Now, I reckon the chance of an adverse effect is higher considering risk-benefit, but this depends on your age. We don’t know at all what might happen in 10 years time etc: a good example is during the swine flu (i think it was this epidemic? Noughties anyway) one of the vaccines eventually went on to cause narcolepsy. Whereas if you’re not old and not very unhealthy, covid rn is reliably fine

Strange that so many people who were not old/unhealthy died from Covid or got long Covid then, isn't it?"

Early on. If you’re say 60, you’ll be fine from getting omicron today in all likelihood. You don’t know what the adverse effects might be down the line with the vaccine. You “pay” for the certainty.

*Early on in the pandemic; *under 60

I got vaxxed and don’t regret it at all but I wouldn’t for this strain because of the point I just made

"I think it was worth it early on when the strains were more harmful. Now, I reckon the chance of an adverse effect is higher considering risk-benefit, but this depends on your age. We don’t know at all what might happen in 10 years time etc: a good example is during the swine flu (i think it was this epidemic? Noughties anyway) one of the vaccines eventually went on to cause narcolepsy. Whereas if you’re not old and not very unhealthy, covid rn is reliably fine

Strange that so many people who were not old/unhealthy died from Covid or got long Covid then, isn't it?

Early on. If you’re say 60, you’ll be fine from getting omicron today in all likelihood. You don’t know what the adverse effects might be down the line with the vaccine. You “pay” for the certainty. "

You don't know what the adverse effects of getting Covid may be. That's rather the point of getting vaccinated.

But I know you won't listen. Misleading social media seems to have gotten its hooks too deeply into you by now.

Early on. If you’re say 60, you’ll be fine from getting omicron today in all likelihood. You don’t know what the adverse effects might be down the line with the vaccine. You “pay” for the certainty.

You don't know what the adverse effects of getting Covid may be. That's rather the point of getting vaccinated.

But I know you won't listen. Misleading social media seems to have gotten its hooks too deeply into you by now.

"

What are you talking about. We know the adverse effects of covid very well because the entire population has had it, we know the odds of things etc. We absolutely do not know what might happen with the vaccine later down the line. Don’t be a muppet and Google “Pandemrix”, I’m not anti-vaxx but you’re being as brainless as those who flock towards the “vaccines are evil” crowd.