FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Excess uk deaths ONS

Excess uk deaths ONS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to official data published by both the Office for National Statistics and Public Health Scotland, Britain has suffered 343,906 deaths since the middle of April 2022 resulting in 41,025 excess non covid deaths against the 2015-2019 five-year average.

Thoughts?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *alifaxsuetvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

halifax

What do you think, oh it could be the catastrophic shut down of the UK.

By *abulousBumPussyWoman  over a year ago

Mystery Machine

"According to official data published by both the Office for National Statistics and Public Health Scotland, Britain has suffered 343,906 deaths since the middle of April 2022 resulting in 41,025 excess non covid deaths against the 2015-2019 five-year average.

Thoughts? "

How much is this as a percentage of population?

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

The heatwave will have caused excess deaths, peaks in weather always does.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"According to official data published by both the Office for National Statistics and Public Health Scotland, Britain has suffered 343,906 deaths since the middle of April 2022 resulting in 41,025 excess non covid deaths against the 2015-2019 five-year average.

Thoughts? "

The figures are alarming but the causes are multifactorial and have not happened overnight but over many years . Covid is certainly not helping both directly and indirectly.

John

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"The heatwave will have caused excess deaths, peaks in weather always does.

"

2days of hot weather caused 41000+ people to die seriously

chester

Thoughts?

The figures are alarming but the causes are multifactorial and have not happened overnight but over many years . Covid is certainly not helping both directly and indirectly.

John"

So all of a sudden people are dropping dead within a year all at the same time after many years of what?

chester

Ask yourselves what's happened that's new?

covid isn't the cause that's been ruled out (non covid deaths)

2days of hot weather caused 41000+ people to die seriously "

Did I say that?

Be careful quoting statistics you dint understand to back your argument up.

Do yiu know what an exces death is?

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

Thoughts? "

That Britain suffered 343,906 deaths since the middle of April 2022 resulting in 41,025 excess non covid deaths against the 2015-2019 five-year average.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

OP what are you suggesting?

By *atssleepanywhereTV/TS  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

The hospital wait times are much worse recently. A visit to A&E used to result in seeing a doctor within a few hours at worst. Recently my son and I spent over 10 hours waiting to be seen when my son suffered serious knee damage. Waiting the same time we spoke to people with chest pains, severe burns and abdominal pain. COVID has nothing to do with it but they use it as an excuse to prevent relatives or friends waiting with patients. Blame outsourcing. The segregated patients often don't have the ability to fight for proper treatment. How many people simply die because they can't face a ten hour wait.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I assume OP has looked at the data in greater detail than his quote. I haven't. Primary and contributory causes of deaths are recorded, so I'm assuming there's no black hole of detail.

Better for such a post to have inclusive explanations, as are surely available.

This is posted in the Virus forum. Is there an hidden agenda, something I'm missing?

Weymouth

"The hospital wait times are much worse recently. A visit to A&E used to result in seeing a doctor within a few hours at worst. Recently my son and I spent over 10 hours waiting to be seen when my son suffered serious knee damage. Waiting the same time we spoke to people with chest pains, severe burns and abdominal pain. COVID has nothing to do with it but they use it as an excuse to prevent relatives or friends waiting with patients. Blame outsourcing. The segregated patients often don't have the ability to fight for proper treatment. How many people simply die because they can't face a ten hour wait."

John Burn Murdoch( FT data writer) has written extensively on the above topic op. Well worth a read on this topics which are availed on a site Mr Musk is trying to trash.

Its causes are multi factorial but greatly relate to the NHS, it’s on its last legs and there really is not a plan to save it.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

You have to take in to consideration the age range of those who passed away and the cause of death. Although covid may not have been the cause of death, delays in treatment for cancer, diabetes, cardiac issues, dialysis, etc may also have contributed to a rise in deaths.

Weymouth

"You have to take in to consideration the age range of those who passed away and the cause of death. Although covid may not have been the cause of death, delays in treatment for cancer, diabetes, cardiac issues, dialysis, etc may also have contributed to a rise in deaths. "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

Yes I read the figures a few days ago but can't remember what they were, but I remember being surprised how high they were.

He didn't say that but there were 3,271 excess deaths the week of the heatwave.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I can't help thinking that the fact that people are quite often having to wait up to 3 months just to get a doctor's appointment is causing unnecessary deaths. Instead of going to see a doctor for what is actually unknown to them quite urgent people are putting it off or just not bothering going as can't get an appointment.

"I can't help thinking that the fact that people are quite often having to wait up to 3 months just to get a doctor's appointment is causing unnecessary deaths. Instead of going to see a doctor for what is actually unknown to them quite urgent people are putting it off or just not bothering going as can't get an appointment."

Could not agree more. Iv been waiting 18 months for an urgent hospital appointment. I keep getting appointments but they keep getting cancelled. After the last one was cancelled 8 weeks ago I had a letter rebooking the appointment for Feb 2022.

By *hitehunter4bbcMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Heart attacks from covid jabs simple.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Heart attacks from covid jabs simple. "

According to this article in the BMJ, https://www.bmj.com/content/379/bmj.o2524 , "mortality rates in 2022 for most of the 10 leading “underlying” causes of death such as heart disease, stroke, and lung and colorectal cancer have been similar to previous years, or lower than expected."

Cal

Scunthorpe

I wonder if the reports of ambulances taking excessive times to reach homes and then queuing for hours more at hospitals or 15hr waiting times at casualty could have had an impact?

Cal

He's just been reinstated on twitter but Dr Peter McCullough has this to say: "Myopericarditis rates off the charts....23,300 suspected cases per million....that's a rate of 2.3%..equally as worrying, “Cardiovascular manifestations were found in 29.24% of patients.”

Bristol

"He's just been reinstated on twitter but Dr Peter McCullough has this to say: "Myopericarditis rates off the charts....23,300 suspected cases per million....that's a rate of 2.3%..equally as worrying, “Cardiovascular manifestations were found in 29.24% of patients.”

Exactly

It will all come out soon.

People are having boosters for a now mild flu, wake up people.

"

Scunthorpe

"Wake Up People"

Flu is a completely different virus to Covid, I don't know why some people seem to lack the cognitive faculties to grasp this...

Bristol

"

"Wake Up People"

Flu is a completely different virus to Covid, I don't know why some people seem to lack the cognitive faculties to grasp this... "

Both bacterial and breathable and simular symptoms, yes different in general

Scunthorpe

"He's just been reinstated on twitter but Dr Peter McCullough has this to say: "Myopericarditis rates off the charts....23,300 suspected cases per million....that's a rate of 2.3%..equally as worrying, “Cardiovascular manifestations were found in 29.24% of patients.”

"

The data is available on the ONS website and various government websites, this statement just doesn't match the data. It is literally ON THE CHARTS

Scunthorpe

"

"Wake Up People"

Flu is a completely different virus to Covid, I don't know why some people seem to lack the cognitive faculties to grasp this...

Both bacterial and breathable and simular symptoms, yes different in general "

NO....

Viruses are not bacterial. That's like saying a boat is a motorbike.

"bacteria are free-living cells that can live inside or outside a body, while viruses are a non-living collection of molecules that need a host to survive"

Flu comes from Influenza, a specific family of virus, and from a completely different family of viruses to Covid which is a Corona Virus... as does SARS.

So, NO... not in any way connected or the same.

You mean influenza is a different virus to sars cov 2 surely, Covid-19 is just the scientific name for the 'symptoms' of sars cov 2

Scunthorpe

"You mean influenza is a different virus to sars cov 2 surely, Covid-19 is just the scientific name for the 'symptoms' of sars cov 2"

Not Quite, "Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus"

"I wonder if the reports of ambulances taking excessive times to reach homes and then queuing for hours more at hospitals or 15hr waiting times at casualty could have had an impact?

Cal"

I would have thought so. I'd also argue that some of those deaths should be with the Coroner as potentially avoidable but I doubt that is happening

"

Both if thise conditions existed ling before covid both are easily treated, most people make a full recovery and they're rarely fatal.

Also to be clear, if they were fatal, they'd be the cause of death not a myocardial infarction so maybe you could add sone context to this tweet you've shared?

Bristol

"

"Wake Up People"

Both bacterial and breathable and simular symptoms, yes different in general

NO....

Viruses are not bacterial. That's like saying a boat is a motorbike.

"bacteria are free-living cells that can live inside or outside a body, while viruses are a non-living collection of molecules that need a host to survive"

Flu comes from Influenza, a specific family of virus, and from a completely different family of viruses to Covid which is a Corona Virus... as does SARS.

So, NO... not in any way connected or the same."

Yes I got Google also, I'm not stating they are the exact same obviously but more simular symptoms and degree of illness, obviously flu is much more dangerous than covid now and always was...

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Thoughts? "

I think it merits proper investigation. We need to understand why and then do whatever can be done to improve the situation. The nhs and lack of access to it can't be helping the situation. But until we understand the reasons why... We are all just guessing.

The fact that peoples deaths will be used as a football for folks to make points is exceptionally distasteful.

Tin town

"The hospital wait times are much worse recently. A visit to A&E used to result in seeing a doctor within a few hours at worst. Recently my son and I spent over 10 hours waiting to be seen when my son suffered serious knee damage. Waiting the same time we spoke to people with chest pains, severe burns and abdominal pain. COVID has nothing to do with it but they use it as an excuse to prevent relatives or friends waiting with patients. Blame outsourcing. The segregated patients often don't have the ability to fight for proper treatment. How many people simply die because they can't face a ten hour wait."

Now that is a good question.

How many people, that could have been treated, are dying because of waiting 14 hours for an ambulance, 10 hours in the ambulance to get admitted and a further 10 hours to see a Dr once admitted?

[Removed by poster at 19/11/22 10:42:40]

Bristol

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

"Wake Up People"

Bacterial?

Manchester (she/her)

I think it warrants investigation.

I also think a simple answer focused on a single thing is very likely going to be wrong or astroturfed.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Thoughts? "

Thoughts ...

Statistics taken out of context are as meaningless as boiled eggs without salt.

By *ark_Angel_93Couple  over a year ago

Farnworth

"You mean influenza is a different virus to sars cov 2 surely, Covid-19 is just the scientific name for the 'symptoms' of sars cov 2

Not Quite, "Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus""

According to the original reports it is SARS 2 but was given the name covid 19 to prevent a panic in Asia due to the devastating consequences of SARS 1. 19 being 2019 after covid

Tin town

"You mean influenza is a different virus to sars cov 2 surely, Covid-19 is just the scientific name for the 'symptoms' of sars cov 2

Not Quite, "Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus"

According to the original reports it is SARS 2 but was given the name covid 19 to prevent a panic in Asia due to the devastating consequences of SARS 1. 19 being 2019 after covid "

That went well then

I'm guessing the fact that people who are suffering heart attacks are having to wait hours to get an ambulance let alone treatment could have something to do with an excess of deaths.

Tin town

If you want a good read about death stats...the ons says..

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/monthlymortalityanalysisenglandandwales/september2022

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Thoughts? "

its ABV syndrome

Central

"

Ah, the Dr Peter McCullough who has form for making substantial volumes of false and unsubstantiated claims . The data you're quoting, is that related to the period of the OP? Supported by ONS data?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"

"Wake Up People"

Neither flu nor covid are bacterial ?

I thought Covid-19 was an abbreviation of Certificate Of Vaccination I D with the 1 being A and the 9 being I (AI)

chester

2days of hot weather caused 41000+ people to die seriously He didn't say that but there were 3,271 excess deaths the week of the heatwave. "

But non caused by heat exposure/stroke as far as I can tell from the ons/phe data

2days of hot weather caused 41000+ people to die seriously He didn't say that but there were 3,271 excess deaths the week of the heatwave.

But non caused by heat exposure/stroke as far as I can tell from the ons/phe data "

I'll refer to my earlier comment about the dangers of people trying to analyse data they dint understand to prove a point that they don't understand.

Incidentally when there's a cold weather spell there'll be another peak in deaths and they won't be with hypothermia.

2days of hot weather caused 41000+ people to die seriously He didn't say that but there were 3,271 excess deaths the week of the heatwave.

But non caused by heat exposure/stroke as far as I can tell from the ons/phe data "

The very young and very old are more likely suffer adverse effects heat. It doesn't have to be direct exposure to the sun.

chester

What proof do you have?

I guarantee but not every single one of those excess deaths had the covid vaccines.

chester

But non caused by heat exposure/stroke as far as I can tell from the ons/phe data

The very young and very old are more likely suffer adverse effects heat. It doesn't have to be direct exposure to the sun. "

Yes very true but the majority of deaths that week were ages between 29-49

There was an estimated 50,000 Excess deaths in 2018 most of those attributed to the really cold weather as that was the year we had the beast from the beast from the east. We seem to have had less excess deaths this year but people seem to be convinced it's because of the covid jab.

chester

"Heart attacks from covid jabs simple.

What proof do you have?

I guarantee but not every single one of those excess deaths had the covid vaccines. "

With 90+% apparently taken the special sauce I'd bet at least 90%+ had

The very young and very old are more likely suffer adverse effects heat. It doesn't have to be direct exposure to the sun.

Yes very true but the majority of deaths that week were ages between 29-49"

Interesting as the majority of those people would have had their covid jobs months before. During the Spring/summer it was only those with underlying health conditions or over 50 that were being offered boosters so you would expect it to be those groups no?

What proof do you have?

I guarantee but not every single one of those excess deaths had the covid vaccines.

With 90+% apparently taken the special sauce I'd bet at least 90%+ had "

The stats just don't add up.

Tin town

Yes very true but the majority of deaths that week were ages between 29-49"

They'd have died anyway.. Because... Reasons... But definitely not linked with any vaccines... None of them. No sirree bob

chester

"There was an estimated 50,000 Excess deaths in 2018 most of those attributed to the really cold weather as that was the year we had the beast from the beast from the east. We seem to have had less excess deaths this year but people seem to be convinced it's because of the covid jab. "

We haven't got the beast from the east this year so far it's been quite mild so what's your point?

They'd have died anyway.. Because... Reasons... But definitely not linked with any vaccines... None of them. No sirree bob"

Probably not no because there was no vaccine program targeting that age group at that time.

chester

They'd have died anyway.. Because... Reasons... But definitely not linked with any vaccines... None of them. No sirree bob"

Totally safe and effective

"There was an estimated 50,000 Excess deaths in 2018 most of those attributed to the really cold weather as that was the year we had the beast from the beast from the east. We seem to have had less excess deaths this year but people seem to be convinced it's because of the covid jab.

We haven't got the beast from the east this year so far it's been quite mild so what's your point? "

OK we will try another one.

43,000 excess deaths in 2016. No beast from the East that year so what caused those?

chester

They'd have died anyway.. Because... Reasons... But definitely not linked with any vaccines... None of them. No sirree bob

Probably not no because there was no vaccine program targeting that age group at that time. "

All age groups had been offered a shot before and some were still being jabbed during

Totally safe and effective "

Yes it is. Even if we go for the idea that all of these 43.000 People died as a direct result of the covid vaccine bearing in mind 52 million people in the uk have had at least one covid jab I would say the odds are quite good. People die from side effects of medication all the time I'm not saying it's OK but it's hardly worth saying it's not effective.

Probably not no because there was no vaccine program targeting that age group at that time.

All age groups had been offered a shot before and some were still being jabbed during "

But you said all the excess deaths during the heat wave will between 29 and 40 and tried to suggest it was because of the convid vaccine. You have no proof for this.

Manchester (she/her)

I'll refer to my earlier comment about the dangers of people trying to analyse data they dint understand to prove a point that they don't understand.

Incidentally when there's a cold weather spell there'll be another peak in deaths and they won't be with hypothermia."

chester

All age groups had been offered a shot before and some were still being jabbed during

But you said all the excess deaths during the heat wave will between 29 and 40 and tried to suggest it was because of the convid vaccine. You have no proof for this. "

And you have no "proof" to say its not

Manchester (she/her)

But you said all the excess deaths during the heat wave will between 29 and 40 and tried to suggest it was because of the convid vaccine. You have no proof for this.

And you have no "proof" to say its not "

Which is why you investigate, rather than say that it definitely is something. You agreed it was definitely the vaccine. There's no evidence of that. Which is why robust analysis of the data is required, not scaremongering by people who are clearly opposed to vaccination.

chester

Yes it is. Even if we go for the idea that all of these 43.000 People died as a direct result of the covid vaccine bearing in mind 52 million people in the uk have had at least one covid jab I would say the odds are quite good. People die from side effects of medication all the time I'm not saying it's OK but it's hardly worth saying it's not effective. "

Before covid jabs the world health standards for vaccines was 1-2 adverse events per million before it was stopped and the makers were liable nd not given indemnity by governments

Yes it is. Even if we go for the idea that all of these 43.000 People died as a direct result of the covid vaccine bearing in mind 52 million people in the uk have had at least one covid jab I would say the odds are quite good. People die from side effects of medication all the time I'm not saying it's OK but it's hardly worth saying it's not effective.

Before covid jabs the world health standards for vaccines was 1-2 adverse events per million before it was stopped and the makers were liable nd not given indemnity by governments"

That's actually not true can you please provide where you are getting your information.

Before covid jabs the world health standards for vaccines was 1-2 adverse events per million before it was stopped and the makers were liable nd not given indemnity by governments"

Are yiu sure about that?

chester

Which is why you investigate, rather than say that it definitely is something. You agreed it was definitely the vaccine. There's no evidence of that. Which is why robust analysis of the data is required, not scaremongering by people who are clearly opposed to vaccination."

Firstly where did I say its definitely the jabs?....

Secondly I'm not an anti-vaxxer, covidiot, granny killer, rasist, masogenist, homophobe, but I'm following what I know and what I feel to be correct call it an educated hunch

chester

Before covid jabs the world health standards for vaccines was 1-2 adverse events per million before it was stopped and the makers were liable nd not given indemnity by governments

Are yiu sure about that?"

YES

Manchester (she/her)

This is where you said it was the jabs that did it, emp. You agreed with that poster.

And we live in a world where public policy on the basis of hunches, no matter how educated, are unnecessary. We have science. Let's get the data.

You'll also note I didn't call you any name.

Are yiu sure about that?

YES "

I have tried to look into this but cannot find anything that supports what you have said so could you share where you have found this please.

Which is why you investigate, rather than say that it definitely is something. You agreed it was definitely the vaccine. There's no evidence of that. Which is why robust analysis of the data is required, not scaremongering by people who are clearly opposed to vaccination.

Firstly where did I say its definitely the jabs?....

Secondly I'm not an anti-vaxxer, covidiot, granny killer, rasist, masogenist, homophobe, but I'm following what I know and what I feel to be correct call it an educated hunch "

Nobody on this thread has called you any names whatsoever. So you have no evidence for any of this just a hunch?

Glasgow

What proof do you have?

With 90+% apparently taken the special sauce I'd bet at least 90%+ had "

pfizer does not agree; they believe the heart swells with Pride everytime you take one for the team.

Didn’t we have way below average excess deaths last year?

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

I blame the co-morbidities, you know the ones that were ignored to push Covid as a massive killer. All of a sudden they’re all the rage again and I can’t help but wonder if that’s to take the heat off the jabs?

You can also blame the heat, the cold, people eating breakfast/ skipping breakfast, going to the toilet too often/ not often enough…. The list goes on and on.

I’ve said it before but my own stance is that the vaccines have done more good than harm… but they’ve also done more harm than we’ll ever know, or be allowed to know

By *iggstimpyCouple  over a year ago

South East

The governments odd approach to the public health of a fat and lazy nation, which was basically “take zero responsibility for your own state of fitness and wait indoors for drugs” won’t have helped.

Tin town

"I blame the co-morbidities, you know the ones that were ignored to push Covid as a massive killer. All of a sudden they’re all the rage again and I can’t help but wonder if that’s to take the heat off the jabs?

You can also blame the heat, the cold, people eating breakfast/ skipping breakfast, going to the toilet too often/ not often enough…. The list goes on and on.

I’ve said it before but my own stance is that the vaccines have done more good than harm… but they’ve also done more harm than we’ll ever know, or be allowed to know "

There's wisdom.

Now where is my quadruple big mac breakfast.?

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"

"Wake Up People"

Flu is a completely different virus to Covid, I don't know why some people seem to lack the cognitive faculties to grasp this... "

Yes it is, I'd take covid over the flu any day of the week. 1 wiped me out for almost two weeks, the other gave me the sniffles for a few days

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I blame the co-morbidities, you know the ones that were ignored to push Covid as a massive killer. All of a sudden they’re all the rage again and I can’t help but wonder if that’s to take the heat off the jabs?

I’ve said it before but my own stance is that the vaccines have done more good than harm… but they’ve also done more harm than we’ll ever know, or be allowed to know "

And this is the truth . Nuance is mostly a thing of the past thanks to the polarizing social media effect.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Thing is...did anyone actually notice?

Teesside

"The governments odd approach to the public health of a fat and lazy nation, which was basically “take zero responsibility for your own state of fitness and wait indoors for drugs” won’t have helped. "
Also, have some half price junk food while you wait for this magic bullet that doesn't stop you catching it, spreading it or dying from it cause you are more at risk after being a fat mess for past few months.

Follow the science tho

"Didn’t we have way below average excess deaths last year?"

Yes I tried to point that out earlier.

Tin town

side effect of the vaccines again.

There is no disputing some people have reported issues with their heart after receiving the vaccine and this does need looking into however Just making a decision this has to be because of the vaccine that we have had What on face value looks like an excess number of course Justice isn't helpful. In the last 20 years there have been 9 years where we have had more excess deaths than we have this year or last year for that matter.

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

The total number of excess deaths for 2021 in England and Wales was 56,974.

There were about 57,000 more deaths last year than in the average for each of the previous five years to December 2019

Plymouth

Thoughts:

The numbers for just England and Wales only, from the 1st April to the 4th November are:

Total deaths: 342,144 (similar to your 343,906 from mid-April including Scotland).

Excess deaths from all causes: 37,118 (similar to your 41,025 non-covid including Scotland).

We are in week 25 of the fourth wave of the epidemic. This should be the last week, but won’t be, probably because it’s a “bad” flu year.

For those interested, the total all-causes excess deaths in England and Wales from 1st January 2020 to 4th November 2022, is 158,653.

This is the only available reliable indication of the epidemic’s mortality rate so far. It is the total of all actual real death certificates issued. It is entirely independent of the opinions of doctors, statisticians, scientists, politicians and Fab forum posters.

The epidemic has probably caused the early deaths of something like 160,000 people so far.

"

"Wake Up People"

Flu is a completely different virus to Covid, I don't know why some people seem to lack the cognitive faculties to grasp this... Yes it is, I'd take covid over the flu any day of the week. 1 wiped me out for almost two weeks, the other gave me the sniffles for a few days"

If you only got sniffles for a few days then you didn’t have the flu. It must have been a cold.

You definitely know when you have flu. It’s awful.

Central

"The governments odd approach to the public health of a fat and lazy nation, which was basically “take zero responsibility for your own state of fitness and wait indoors for drugs” won’t have helped. Also, have some half price junk food while you wait for this magic bullet that doesn't stop you catching it, spreading it or dying from it cause you are more at risk after being a fat mess for past few months.

Follow the science tho "

I think you'd benefit from taking just a teeny weeny look at the science, before making untrue claims. Of course the many vaccines had significant benefits, even for those who didn't have any of them.

They had statistically significant effects upon reducing deaths, just for starters. Part of their effectiveness caused significantly fewer people with severe illnesses, which helped to minimise the impact and overlooking of the NHS, including hospitals. As it appears that you didn't 'follow the science', I really wonder where you'd gather your information to make such bold claims, without reference. I understand that not everyone hss the wherewithal to study and understand the scientific literature - however, most wouldn't then turn such an ignorant basis to then make incredibly wrong claims. It's perhaps no wonder that there has been such a proliferation of nonsense that caused worry amongst millions, that could have been completely avoided.

[Removed by poster at 20/11/22 13:44:50]

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

Tin foil hats too tight

"The governments odd approach to the public health of a fat and lazy nation, which was basically “take zero responsibility for your own state of fitness and wait indoors for drugs” won’t have helped. "

Which was a similar approach adopted by multiple countries. Though as people were encouraged to exercise, it's not entirely true to say that people weren't encouraged to take responsibility for their health. Of course, the real issue is we are a nation that is is so unfit and unhealthy too many people think walking 10000 steps and eating your 5 a day is a challenge, but that's a societal issue goung back many years and even attempting to change that during covid would have been pointless.

By *eptimiusMan  over a year ago

East

Thats what happens when you inject gullible people with poisons

"Thats what happens when you inject gullible people with poisons"

Poison?

Teesside

"

"Wake Up People"

Flu is a completely different virus to Covid, I don't know why some people seem to lack the cognitive faculties to grasp this... Yes it is, I'd take covid over the flu any day of the week. 1 wiped me out for almost two weeks, the other gave me the sniffles for a few days

If you only got sniffles for a few days then you didn’t have the flu. It must have been a cold.

You definitely know when you have flu. It’s awful."

I had the sniffles with covid. Flu did wipe me out.

By *aughty power coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cotswolds

Climate change or Russia's fault. Take your pick

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Thats what happens when you inject gullible people with poisons

Poison?"

Don’t encourage him

all around

Poison?"

Yep, YouTube is the poison and gullible people believe bullshit

Poison?

Yep, YouTube is the poison and gullible people believe bullshit "

Exactly.

By *iggstimpyCouple  over a year ago

South East

"The governments odd approach to the public health of a fat and lazy nation, which was basically “take zero responsibility for your own state of fitness and wait indoors for drugs” won’t have helped. Also, have some half price junk food while you wait for this magic bullet that doesn't stop you catching it, spreading it or dying from it cause you are more at risk after being a fat mess for past few months.

Follow the science tho "

Without making any comment on the vax, it’s obvious to anyone that public health was not (is not) a concern of governments. Deaths during their current term might be? But general, long term health - they couldn’t give a hoot.

Tin town

Follow the science tho

Without making any comment on the vax, it’s obvious to anyone that public health was not (is not) a concern of governments. Deaths during their current term might be? But general, long term health - they couldn’t give a hoot. "

Do you think perhaps your health choices are down to you though? Can you imagine after all the hoo Haa about mandating masks etc... You have to do 10000 steps a day or we will send the boys round.? Fast food only once a month or we will send the health police round and out a cross on your door.

chester

Are yiu sure about that?

YES

I have tried to look into this but cannot find anything that supports what you have said so could you share where you have found this please. "

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-pfizer-vaccine-legal-indemnity-safety-ministers-b1765124.html

chester

This is where you said it was the jabs that did it, emp. You agreed with that poster.

And we live in a world where public policy on the basis of hunches, no matter how educated, are unnecessary. We have science. Let's get the data.

You'll also note I didn't call you any name."

Just because I agree with a post means I said it? Riiigght ok makes prefect sense and no you haven't personally called me those things but many have not that it bothered me... But yes let's get the science open and transparent with desenting and opposing views and findings

Are yiu sure about that?

YES

I have tried to look into this but cannot find anything that supports what you have said so could you share where you have found this please.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-pfizer-vaccine-legal-indemnity-safety-ministers-b1765124.html"

The article says

"We're not actually disclosing any of the details around any of the aspects of that agreement and specifically around the liability clauses."

Do you know more than thatas it doesn't say they were given indemnity?

Thoughts? "

Science proves poverty creates illness. Nobody who should, cares. The disgusting end

Part of life live with it

Manchester (she/her)

Just because I agree with a post means I said it? Riiigght ok makes prefect sense and no you haven't personally called me those things but many have not that it bothered me... But yes let's get the science open and transparent with desenting and opposing views and findings"

It does tend to imply it, yes.

If it doesn't bother you, why do you use it to deflect against what I'm saying? My point stands.

Getting the data would require a rigorous system given the distrust on both sides. Definitions and end points agreed to beforehand. After all, several of the most prominent "studies" showing the supposed vaccine apocalypse have been accused of manipulating statistics. We certainly can't have that. Let's be entirely above board.

Manchester (she/her)

"Part of life live with it"

Mask on, avoiding people, watching other people gamble their health on long term consequences because I'm not fucking doing that.

Sorted.

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

Jab was always gonna be the biggest killer

Durham

"Jab was always gonna be the biggest killer "

That makes no sense whatsoever

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Did somebody put Liz Truss in charge of the NHS for a few days?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Jab was always gonna be the biggest killer

That makes no sense whatsoever "

Posts like that seldom do.

Zero basis for the statement.

Winston

Reading

How?

"Did somebody put Liz Truss in charge of the NHS for a few days?"

Well she did kill the queen

Thoughts?

Science proves poverty creates illness. Nobody who should, cares. The disgusting end "

By *iver1ukMan  over a year ago

kettering

The US government is currently being sued for falsifying data and actively getting social media posts from doctors against the jab blocked?

Data showing masks worked against not working was suppressed? Why

brentwood

How? "

Blood clots, heart failure amongst other things

Reading

How?

Blood clots, heart failure amongst other things "

And they causes more deaths than COVID? Care to back that up with stats?

How?

Aren't these things also associated with covid?

Tin town

I don't doubt there are some well intentioned folks trying to make honest sense of the situation. But equally there are huge numbers of people who have their own agendas and making it impossible for open minded concerned and interested people to find "this weeks truth".

I would have thought it reasonable that the UKHSA could make a statement such as..

"we recognise that there are excess deaths every week for the last year and the Concern this raises with the public and so we are investigating and will report our findings in January"

How?

The vaccine causes heart failure?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

"Wake Up People"

F- for primary school biology . Please don’t embarrass yourself further.

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Thoughts? "

You clearly have a fixation with the subject, fixations can be as deadly as any virus

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

How?

Aren't these things also associated with covid? "

Yup I have a brother that is proof of this after being left with heart palpitations after having covid pre introduction of the vaccine who is also now being investigated for a cardiac event after a blood test picked up on the enzyme marker for heart attacks.

By *usty KnightMan  over a year ago

Istanbul

Political neglect and mismanagement. If the bodies pile high there’s less to payout in treatment (or pensions). If systems collapse it’s an opportunity for corporates and their complicit lackeys. Cynical, moi?

all around

"Political neglect and mismanagement. If the bodies pile high there’s less to payout in treatment (or pensions). If systems collapse it’s an opportunity for corporates and their complicit lackeys. Cynical, moi? "

Cynical? No. There's a much better adjective out there lol

chester

"Political neglect and mismanagement. If the bodies pile high there’s less to payout in treatment (or pensions). If systems collapse it’s an opportunity for corporates and their complicit lackeys. Cynical, moi? "

By *ungFunJackMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

All the undiagnosed Cancer and Heart disease patients we abandoned two years ago.

My Uncle being one of them.

By *ungFunJackMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

Bacterial?

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Averages are useful but not all powerful.

I'd guess two (possibly three) our of 2015,2916,2017,2018,2019 was above the 2015-2019 average.

Was that vaccines too ?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think your confused. The vaccine has saved many many lives not taken them

Glasgow

"

"Wake Up People"

Flu is a completely different virus to Covid, I don't know why some people seem to lack the cognitive faculties to grasp this... Yes it is, I'd take covid over the flu any day of the week. 1 wiped me out for almost two weeks, the other gave me the sniffles for a few days"

the average age of covid related deaths in U.K. is 82; the average age of other causes other than covid is 81. So I would agree with your comments.

Durham

"

"Wake Up People"

Flu is a completely different virus to Covid, I don't know why some people seem to lack the cognitive faculties to grasp this... Yes it is, I'd take covid over the flu any day of the week. 1 wiped me out for almost two weeks, the other gave me the sniffles for a few daysthe average age of covid related deaths in U.K. is 82; the average age of other causes other than covid is 81. So I would agree with your comments."

Those figures are out of date .

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Would it have been any better if 41000+ people had died amusingly?

chester

2days of hot weather caused 41000+ people to die seriously

Would it have been any better if 41000+ people had died amusingly?"

If he or anyone expects me to believe 41000+ died because of 2 hot days deluded springs to mind

By *otoBlue69Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Perhaps this pathologist has the reason for the excess deaths. If you get bored easily start around 21 minutes in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLp6B_kkRI

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

"Perhaps this pathologist has the reason for the excess deaths. If you get bored easily start around 21 minutes in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLp6B_kkRI

"

Who still uses youtube for such information when anything related to such discussions are censored?

By *fternoonDelight69Man  over a year ago

Southampton

They don't think through things, do they? But off course, it is us that are the conspiracy morons lol

Southampton

Totally safe and effective "

Dead safe!

Southampton

You'll also note I didn't call you any name."

As well as science, we have scientism: abuse of science for political purposes.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Perhaps this pathologist has the reason for the excess deaths. If you get bored easily start around 21 minutes in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLp6B_kkRI

Who still uses youtube for such information when anything related to such discussions are censored?"

just to check, you think a video saying it's jab related would be censored .... Only MSM views are on yt?

Southampton

"Thats what happens when you inject gullible people with poisons"

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Stockport

"

Who still uses youtube for such information when anything related to such discussions are censored?"

Medical professionals just have to not use certain words or phrases to get round the dumb ass youtube censors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh7I7fKmzT0

As well as science, we have scientism: abuse of science for political purposes."

Er, the (actual) dictionary disagrees.

Scientism - thought or expression regarded as characteristic of scientists.

Winston

Southampton

Winston "

Provide a link. Has it been fuct checked lol

Stockport

Meanwhile in China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L553YKyQ0zo

brentwood

How?

And they causes more deaths than COVID? Care to back that up with stats? "

You can find stats to back up anything you want especially if it’s coming from the government just look around you and wake up

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

There was something in the papers this week suggesting its because during Covid many people did not go out to their GP to get their heart medication. However this seems to simple. The obvious one is the juice has caused issues but then if I say this I am a conspiracy theorist!

all around

"There was something in the papers this week suggesting its because during Covid many people did not go out to their GP to get their heart medication. However this seems to simple. The obvious one is the juice has caused issues but then if I say this I am a conspiracy theorist! "

You're not alone

A lot of conspiracy theorists have joined since the OP left

Winston

Provide a link. Has it been fuct checked lol"

I don't believe we're permitted links to dictionaries.

I do believe everyone reading your post can access Google.

Pretty sure they can do their own research.

Winston

By *ete34Man  over a year ago

bolton

The average uk deaths each month are between 10 and 12 thousand a month this is any different than 2,3,4,5,6 years ago, if anything it is slightly less

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

See my post on NHS at breaking point.

Total joke!

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

They said the heatwave will have caused excess deaths, not all 41.000 of them.

Chances are it caused a good number though.

Plymouth

There were three heatwaves in England during 2022: One each in June, July, and August.

The number of excess deaths from all causes in England and Wales for each week of these months were:

3 June (1346) – deaths were below average this week

10 Jun 1,765

17 Jun 1,427

24 Jun 1,432

1 Jul 1,064

8 Jul 1,049

15 Jul 1,265

22 Jul 1,885

29 Jul 1,961

5 Aug 1,662

12 Aug 1,253

19 Aug 1,897

26 Aug 1,785

The excess is the difference between the total deaths reported for each week, and the average deaths for the same weeks during the five pre-Covid years, 2015 to 2019.

The record 40.3C temperature occurred on the 19th July. Excess deaths during that week were 620 greater than those of the week before. They were 116 LESS than during the following week!

The differences between the highest and lowest numbers each month are:

June: 1,765 + 1,346 = 3,111

July: 1,961 – 1,049 = 912 (The “record” month)

August: 1,897 – 1,253 = 644

So the total deaths caused by the three heatwaves was probably less than the sum of these: 4,667.

Not a “good” number!

Glasgow

Thoughts? "

must be climate change

Durham

Thoughts? must be climate change "

There are 41025 excess deaths in 2022 the ONS, the only source that says they are none covid excess deaths is the daily telegraph. They have been jusy under 40000 covid deaths this year. For context there were over 80000 excess deaths in 2020 any ideas what may have caused them?

brentwood

"There was something in the papers this week suggesting its because during Covid many people did not go out to their GP to get their heart medication. However this seems to simple. The obvious one is the juice has caused issues but then if I say this I am a conspiracy theorist! "

Of course don’t mention the died suddenly people your be called a nut case! I bet the 1500 extra deaths a week would like to be mentioned tho

Tin town

Excess deaths amongst worst in 50 years... That's got to be a worry...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-64209221

Manchester (she/her)

"Excess deaths amongst worst in 50 years... That's got to be a worry...

"

I find it interesting that they say it's the highest excess deaths "outside the pandemic" then also say that Covid can cause deaths beyond the acute stage.

So... excess deaths outside the pandemic potentially caused by the ongoing pandemic which is apparently over?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

Interesting article.

2022 is 10pc above 2019. Given 2022 is at 650k that's c 65k excess deaths

Covid is 38k.

So c 27k other pa. Or c520 pw

article suggests crisis in care is between 300 - 500 pw. So top end of this is about my rough and ready non covid XS. And that range is just due to a&e delays.

Tin town

I find it interesting that they say it's the highest excess deaths "outside the pandemic" then also say that Covid can cause deaths beyond the acute stage.

So... excess deaths outside the pandemic potentially caused by the ongoing pandemic which is apparently over? "

BBC reporting right. You have to read around the story and the headline, which is as always, somewhat misleading ...

Manchester (she/her)

So... excess deaths outside the pandemic potentially caused by the ongoing pandemic which is apparently over?

BBC reporting right. You have to read around the story and the headline, which is as always, somewhat misleading ... "

Apparently it's common in journalism for the headline to be written by different people than the article.

But it's a neat demonstration of the need for critically reading your sources. That one says something different part way down the article than in paragraph one. Misleading message. (It's one reason I only rely on the BBC for broad strokes these days)

By *anddXXXCouple  over a year ago

London

You are Joey Essex, I claim my £5

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Thoughts? "

I would imagine large contributing factors include the neglect of non covid illnesses during 2020-2021 coming home to roost. Also covid vaccine related deaths

Reading

You are Joey Essex, I claim my £5"

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Clever strategy for the tories. Collapse the NHS and then the provate insurance companies step in and take over and you have a USA style health service

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Our initial thoughts would be a question;

What age ranges do those excess non-covid deaths most include? Is it mainly over 60's for example?

Tin town

BBC reporting right. You have to read around the story and the headline, which is as always, somewhat misleading ...

Apparently it's common in journalism for the headline to be written by different people than the article.

But it's a neat demonstration of the need for critically reading your sources. That one says something different part way down the article than in paragraph one. Misleading message. (It's one reason I only rely on the BBC for broad strokes these days)"

The BBC in particular does like to re use old and inaccurate stories and represent them as latest news and accurate. But usually with the caveat (we can't guarantee the accuracy of anything we wrote and published)

Manchester (she/her)

"Our initial thoughts would be a question;

What age ranges do those excess non-covid deaths most include? Is it mainly over 60's for example?"

From the BBC article:

"The largest number of excess deaths are being seen in men aged 50-64, and are most commonly being caused by heart problems."

I mean that's alright. Most people retire at 45 and are completely incapacitated by the time they're 50, so these people are all surplus to requirements, obviously.

Tin town

Thoughts?

I would imagine large contributing factors include the neglect of non covid illnesses during 2020-2021 coming home to roost. Also covid vaccine related deaths"

Imagination.. Could make a man of you