FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Parents refuse use of vaccinated blood in life-saving surgery on baby

Parents refuse use of vaccinated blood in life-saving surgery on baby

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *instonandLadyAstor OP   Couple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

New Zealand’s health service has made a court application over the guardianship of a four-month-old baby whose parents are refusing to allow his life-saving heart surgery to go ahead unless non-vaccinated blood is used.

The parents of the baby discussed their son’s health situation and their medical preferences in an interview with an anti-vaccination campaigner.

In the interview the parents say their baby has severe pulmonary valve stenosis, and that he needs surgery “almost immediately”, but that they are “extremely concerned with the blood the doctors are going to use”.

“We don’t want blood that is tainted by vaccination,” the father said. “That’s the end of the deal – we are fine with anything else these doctors want to do.”

New levels of absolute stupidity. Some people are not fit to be parents.

Winston

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

This is the same thing as mormons and other religious types, so the lawyers would be reading it the same way.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Heartbreaking. That poor child.

"This is the same thing as mormons and other religious types, so the lawyers would be reading it the same way."

There's no mention of the couples religion in the article I read.

Religious beliefs or not, its a 4 month old baby FFS.

As a parent who lost a child, stories like this make me weep.

Winston

Peterborough

"This is the same thing as mormons and other religious types, so the lawyers would be reading it the same way.

Winston"

Religion/fake news/being Karen is just as heart breaking to see this poor child waiting at death's door. I hope they see sense or the hospital win the legal argument and get to treat this kid ASAP.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

How would the parents know that any blood used had come from someone who has had a Covid vaccine (I’m assuming they mean the Covid vaccine and not any vaccine)?

It’s a bit like a Scottish person saying they dont want blood from an English person, how would they know where its from, indeed is blood actually labelled beyond its group?

"How would the parents know that any blood used had come from someone who has had a Covid vaccine (I’m assuming they mean the Covid vaccine and not any vaccine)?

It’s a bit like a Scottish person saying they dont want blood from an English person, how would they know where its from, indeed is blood actually labelled beyond its group?"

That's the level of fucking stupid at play here.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"How would the parents know that any blood used had come from someone who has had a Covid vaccine (I’m assuming they mean the Covid vaccine and not any vaccine)?

It’s a bit like a Scottish person saying they dont want blood from an English person, how would they know where its from, indeed is blood actually labelled beyond its group?

That's the level of fucking stupid at play here.

Winston "

There was an antivax influencer (OG antivaxxer, not just since the pandemic started) who apparently had a minor issue turn so bad it became life threatening... then risked his life* by going to a quack clinic in Mexico which guaranteed pureblood transfusions.

* It was time critical, and he went to Mexico rather than any of the hospitals near him.

Adults have the right to be stupid with their own bodies, though. Leave kids out of it - kids should receive standard medical care.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can the family not seek directed blood donation from a non vaccinated donor if thats their wish. Im sure there are plenty who would donate.

What is a directed donation?

A directed donation is the donation of blood or platelets that is designated for a specific patient. There is no scientific evidence that designated blood is safer than blood from other volunteer donors. In fact, directed donors must meet the same eligibility criteria as other volunteer donors.

Donors cannot be tested for blood type prior to donation. If someone donates to a specific patient and we determine the blood type is not the same as the patients.

If the directed donation is whole blood, generally only the red cells are reserved for the designated patient’s use. The other blood components are put into the general inventory of Memorial Hospital’s blood bank for use by other patients.

To prevent blood from being wasted, if the designated patient does not use the red cells within 25 days, the unit will be made available for use by other patients. Platelets that are not used by a designated patient within 5 days will also be made available for use by other patients.

It takes up to five business days to test and process blood donations and three business days to test and process platelets before the units can be released for use by patients. Therefore directed donations cannot be made for emergency transfusions.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Madness. I'd put it in same category as transfusions/treatments on religious grounds. Just as batshit.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Shame on those who have spread the BS that's led to parents wanting this, at the potential cost of their child's life and wellbeing.

It's unfathomable that parents would refuse this treatment for a child they loved.

Teesside

"Shame on those who have spread the BS that's led to parents wanting this, at the potential cost of their child's life and wellbeing.

It's unfathomable that parents would refuse this treatment for a child they loved. "

No one is to blame but the parents. The buck stops with them, regardless of any wild theories they read or spread online. Saying otherwise just takes the responsibility for their actions away. If that kid dies its solely on them.

"Shame on those who have spread the BS that's led to parents wanting this, at the potential cost of their child's life and wellbeing.

It's unfathomable that parents would refuse this treatment for a child they loved. No one is to blame but the parents. The buck stops with them, regardless of any wild theories they read or spread online. Saying otherwise just takes the responsibility for their actions away. If that kid dies its solely on them."

I think the polite way to say this is "they are easily influenced"

I hope the baby is taken away from them.

Are they going to take the same anti vax stance over MMR, Polio etc?

Winston

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's unfathomable that parents would refuse this treatment for a child they loved. No one is to blame but the parents. The buck stops with them, regardless of any wild theories they read or spread online. Saying otherwise just takes the responsibility for their actions away. If that kid dies its solely on them.

Winston "

The whole AntiVax movement has been much more prolific in the US for decades, it is only the recent Covid Vaccines that have really made it a big issue over here.

The MMR has been a target of the AntiVax movement since its release, most famously though with a certain Dr Andrew Wakefield who produced a fraudulent study linking MMR to Autism. The same guy is a poster boy for the Anti Covid Vaccine campaign.

Cal

It's unfathomable that parents would refuse this treatment for a child they loved. No one is to blame but the parents. The buck stops with them, regardless of any wild theories they read or spread online. Saying otherwise just takes the responsibility for their actions away. If that kid dies its solely on them.

Winston

The whole AntiVax movement has been much more prolific in the US for decades, it is only the recent Covid Vaccines that have really made it a big issue over here.

The MMR has been a target of the AntiVax movement since its release, most famously though with a certain Dr Andrew Wakefield who produced a fraudulent study linking MMR to Autism. The same guy is a poster boy for the Anti Covid Vaccine campaign.

Cal"

Such a vociferous "group".

It shows how easily hoodwinked some people are, those case in point.

A 4 month old baby's life could be over before its begun.

Heartbreaking.

Winston

By *illynillyCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Winston

Cal

Such a vociferous "group".

It shows how easily hoodwinked some people are, those case in point.

A 4 month old baby's life could be over before its begun.

Heartbreaking.

Winston "

I, Nilly needed blood transfusions in mid 90s following my second baby being rather large and taking his time, ex husbands work colleague refused to talk to me, and then him, eventually he was so disgusted he got another job, basically because I should be dead leaving 2 little boys mother less.... very strange belief...all that said I now can't donate blood as possibly a mad cow chuckle

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Madness … they should be charged with child abuse…. they don’t deserve to be parents

R x

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

Unimaginable pig headedness

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

Natural selection?

"Natural selection?"

Not for the 4 month old baby.

Winston

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

The health board go to court on Tuesday to get custody, so they can do the operation.

Parents do suggest they can get unvaccinated blood donors. Blood service say this isn't feasible.

I hope for this childs sake the operation goes ahead.

"This is the same thing as mormons and other religious types, so the lawyers would be reading it the same way.

Winston"

Me too. I just can't get my head round the logic.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Natural selection?"

That needs elaboration!!

Central

It's unfathomable that parents would refuse this treatment for a child they loved. No one is to blame but the parents. The buck stops with them, regardless of any wild theories they read or spread online. Saying otherwise just takes the responsibility for their actions away. If that kid dies its solely on them."

It's clearly a parental decision byt to overlook the responsibility of anyone who has enabled this mindset is short sightedm

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Have no unvaccinated people stepped forward to donate blood? That would seem a good solution and I would have thought their strongly held principles would encourage them to. Aren't the parents compatible?

"Have no unvaccinated people stepped forward to donate blood? That would seem a good solution and I would have thought their strongly held principles would encourage them to. Aren't the parents compatible?"

They don't actually know if it's a vaccinated person's blood because they don't label it so it could be u vaccinated.

During and after heart surgery the amount of blood product needed will probably exceed what the parents can give not to mention if only certain parts of the blood is needed they might not have the facilties on site to do the processing.

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Surely, as a safeguarding issue at the very least, the State could and should step in and remove their parental rights by emergency court order and plough on? I know this example is in no way comparative but 8 years ago I was in an accident. The woman responsible had both her children in the car with her when she hit us. Of course, both were screaming for mummy and very upset- but she point blank refused to comfort her little boy *I did. Then the ambulance turned up. The adults were checked out by the people in attendance and she refused to allow them to check the kids saying she'd take them to hospital herself if they needed it (she worked there). The people at the scene made an emergency referral to Social services as she was not being responsible. If my Small needed medical treatment she'd be getting it.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

The sheer stupidity of these people is staggering.

Sadly the only winners of this will be the lawyers.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Have no unvaccinated people stepped forward to donate blood? That would seem a good solution and I would have thought their strongly held principles would encourage them to. Aren't the parents compatible?

They don't actually know if it's a vaccinated person's blood because they don't label it so it could be u vaccinated.

During and after heart surgery the amount of blood product needed will probably exceed what the parents can give not to mention if only certain parts of the blood is needed they might not have the facilties on site to do the processing. "

What I meant was if unvaccinated people came forward to donate specifically for this baby.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"New Zealand’s health service has made a court application over the guardianship of a four-month-old baby whose parents are refusing to allow his life-saving heart surgery to go ahead unless non-vaccinated blood is used.

The parents of the baby discussed their son’s health situation and their medical preferences in an interview with an anti-vaccination campaigner.

In the interview the parents say their baby has severe pulmonary valve stenosis, and that he needs surgery “almost immediately”, but that they are “extremely concerned with the blood the doctors are going to use”.

“We don’t want blood that is tainted by vaccination,” the father said. “That’s the end of the deal – we are fine with anything else these doctors want to do.”

Winston

"

I can smell money around this somewhere.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"Surely, as a safeguarding issue at the very least, the State could and should step in and remove their parental rights by emergency court order and plough on? I know this example is in no way comparative but 8 years ago I was in an accident. The woman responsible had both her children in the car with her when she hit us. Of course, both were screaming for mummy and very upset- but she point blank refused to comfort her little boy *I did. Then the ambulance turned up. The adults were checked out by the people in attendance and she refused to allow them to check the kids saying she'd take them to hospital herself if they needed it (she worked there). The people at the scene made an emergency referral to Social services as she was not being responsible. If my Small needed medical treatment she'd be getting it. "

Does the state do this when jehovahs witnesses refuse a blood transfusion for their children?

The poor child. I don’t understand how any parent wouldn’t do the best thing for the child, but then we live in a country where parents are killing their own children all the time it seems.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Surely, as a safeguarding issue at the very least, the State could and should step in and remove their parental rights by emergency court order and plough on? I know this example is in no way comparative but 8 years ago I was in an accident. The woman responsible had both her children in the car with her when she hit us. Of course, both were screaming for mummy and very upset- but she point blank refused to comfort her little boy *I did. Then the ambulance turned up. The adults were checked out by the people in attendance and she refused to allow them to check the kids saying she'd take them to hospital herself if they needed it (she worked there). The people at the scene made an emergency referral to Social services as she was not being responsible. If my Small needed medical treatment she'd be getting it.

Does the state do this when jehovahs witnesses refuse a blood transfusion for their children?

The poor child. I don’t understand how any parent wouldn’t do the best thing for the child, but then we live in a country where parents are killing their own children all the time it seems."

When our kids were tiny I expressed shock to an elderly, ex-police officer neighbour at the way someone was treating their children. He looked at me, smiled and said

"Not everybody is like you, you know"

Up until that point I'd naively assumed that all parents had their children's best interests at heart.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^ and in this case who's to say these parents don't genuinely believe they have

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"^^ and in this case who's to say these parents don't genuinely believe they have "

Yes, their belief and reality are not aligned it would seem.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"^^ and in this case who's to say these parents don't genuinely believe they have

Yes, their belief and reality are not aligned it would seem."

This is frequently the case I find

"^^ and in this case who's to say these parents don't genuinely believe they have "

They likely do

"Surely, as a safeguarding issue at the very least, the State could and should step in and remove their parental rights by emergency court order and plough on? I know this example is in no way comparative but 8 years ago I was in an accident. The woman responsible had both her children in the car with her when she hit us. Of course, both were screaming for mummy and very upset- but she point blank refused to comfort her little boy *I did. Then the ambulance turned up. The adults were checked out by the people in attendance and she refused to allow them to check the kids saying she'd take them to hospital herself if they needed it (she worked there). The people at the scene made an emergency referral to Social services as she was not being responsible. If my Small needed medical treatment she'd be getting it.

The poor child. I don’t understand how any parent wouldn’t do the best thing for the child, but then we live in a country where parents are killing their own children all the time it seems."

It depends where you are. I know in my trust we have a piece of equipment that will clean your blood so you can give it back to a patient rather than give blood products. I don't fully know the ins and outs of it and it's not always an appropriate situation

Teesside

It's clearly a parental decision byt to overlook the responsibility of anyone who has enabled this mindset is short sightedm "

Do they have free will? I assume so, so passing the blame, even partially onto someone who writes daft shite online is wrong in my eyes. If they choose a belief over the life of their child then they dont deserve that child. Whether that's anti vax, religion or any other daft crap.

"Have no unvaccinated people stepped forward to donate blood? That would seem a good solution and I would have thought their strongly held principles would encourage them to. Aren't the parents compatible?"

Dozens of unvaccinated on these very threads.

It would be satisfying to see them volunteering their lovely vaccine free blood.

Winston

Teesside

I'd happily lie and give that kid my blood

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"What is a directed donation?

A directed donation is the donation of blood or platelets that is designated for a specific patient."

Thank you for the explanation, but I have a question. Why does this process exist? What purpose is served by a direct donation?

chester

Can anyone tell me how much of the vaccination would still remain in the blood?

I haven’t researched this so I’m guessing (trying to work as well ) surely blood goes through a filtering or cleansing process?

all around

"Can anyone tell me how much of the vaccination would still remain in the blood?

I haven’t researched this so I’m guessing (trying to work as well ) surely blood goes through a filtering or cleansing process?

"

Zero

chester

"Can anyone tell me how much of the vaccination would still remain in the blood?

"

I’ve educated myself now…still not sure after that level of processing, that there would even be a trace of vaccine

chester

Zero"

Just as I thought!!!

Therefore the parents are even bigger fuckwits than I thought

all around

Why It’s Safe to Receive Blood from Donors Who’ve Been Vaccinated for COVID-19

Medically reviewed by Darragh O'Carroll, MD — By S. Behring on June 23, 2022

Why it's safe

About plasma donation

How donations are kept safe

FAQs

Takeaway

Blood donation and transfusion save lives. Unfortunately, there’s also a long history of misinformation and fear around donations. For example, there was a time when blood donation was segregated by race. Additionally, in response to the AIDs epidemic, regulations were created that prohibited donations from parts of the LGBTQIA community.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the misinformation about blood donation has been about the vaccine and the virus itself. This misinformation isn’t causing the discriminatory practices of the past, but it is causing large numbers of people to refuse blood transfusions.

Many people have heard that it’s not safe to receive a blood transfusion from? a vaccinated donor. Fortunately, this isn’t the case. A transfusion from a vaccinated donor carries no risk of infection and is completely safe. Read on to learn more about the safety of blood from vaccinated donors.

Why blood collected from vaccinated donors poses no risks

COVID-19 is an airborne virus. It can’t be transmitted by contact with the blood of someone who is infected. According to The American Food and Drug AdministrationTrusted Source (FDA), there hasn’t been a single reported case worldwide of COVID-19 being transferred by blood contact.

Similarly, the COVID-19 vaccine doesn’t transfer from a blood donor to a person who is receiving a transfusion. Transfusion safety goes beyond the knowledge that COVID-19 does not transfer through blood.

Two of the COVID-19 vaccines available in America, the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines, are a type of vaccine called a messenger RNA vaccine (mRNA). Inactivated vaccines don’t contain living viral material. This means that the vaccines can teach your body to fight the infection, but they can’t infect your bloodstream

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a type of vaccine called a viral vector vaccine.

A viral vector vaccine uses a modified and harmless version of a virus. You can’t get COVID-19 from the modified version of the COVID-19 virus in the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The vaccine has enough viral material that it can teach your body how to fight COVID-19, but it has been changed enough that it will not cause an infection.

Bottom line

The COVID-19 vaccine doesn’t contain an infectious and harmful form of the COVID-19 virus. It can’t cause an infection in a vaccinated person or in a person who receives a transfusion of their blood.

Plasma donation and COVID-19

Blood contains red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and plasma. Plasma is the liquid portion of blood that remains after the platelets and red and white blood cells are removed.

Plasma is 90 percent water, but it also contains immune system proteins and antibodies. This includes the antibodies your body makes when it learns to fight a virus like COVID-19.

You need plasma to clot blood, fight infections, heal wounds, and more. Plasma transfusions are used during surgeries and medical treatments. They can help people with chronic diseases as well as those with burns, shock, or trauma.

During the pandemic, blood donation centers were collecting plasma from people who had recovered from COVID-19 or who had received the vaccine within the last 6 months. This blood was used for what’s called a convalescent blood transfusion.

This type of transfusion uses the immune system proteins, or antibodies, from someone whose body has already fought an infection to help someone currently battling that same infection. Transfusions from vaccinated people who meet certain conditions can also be used.

Now that vaccinations and improved treatments for COVID-19 are available, the Red Cross and other organizations are no longer seeking plasma for convalescent transfusions. However, vaccinated people are eligible to donate plasma.

Most blood donation centers only require that vaccinated people are symptom-free on the day of their donation. You can read more about plasma donation here.

How blood centers keep blood donations safe

Blood donations already undergo strict safety measures. Before each donation, donors are asked about their health to ensure they are eligible to donate.

There are a number of health conditions and circumstances that will cause most blood donation centers to decline a donation. For example, you generally can’t give blood if:

you have an active infection

you have any type of hepatitis or live with someone who does

you’ve ever had or have ever been exposed to Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease

you’ve been treated for malaria in the last 3 years or have been exposed to malaria in the past 3 months

you’ve traveled to certain countries or areas recently

you take certain medications

you’ve recently gotten a tattoo

you have certain viral conditions

These regulations help blood donation centers keep blood safe before the blood draw begins.

Blood donations from those who’ve received live vaccines

Blood donation centers also have rules about vaccines. People who’ve recently received live vaccines often need to wait several weeks before they are eligible to give blood. Common live vaccines include:

mumps vaccine

chickenpox vaccine

shingles vaccine

Blood donations from those who’ve received inactivated vaccines

Vaccines such as the COVID-19 vaccine are inactivated virus vaccines. These vaccines don’t contain live viruses, and can’t transmit infections. That’s why there are no restrictions on blood donation after these vaccines.

Other inactivated viruses include:

flu vaccine

pneumonia vaccine

HPV vaccine

tetanus vaccine

Ensuring safety after donation

After each donation, blood is tested to determine the type, and is sorted into red blood cells, white blood cells, and plasma. A sample of your blood is also tested for infectious illnesses that can be transmitted by blood contact. These normally include:

hepatitis B

hepatitis C

Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)

syphilis

Human-T-Lymphotropic virus

Zika Virus

West Nile Virus

Any blood found to contain traces of these viruses will be discarded.

Frequently asked questions

Can blood from a vaccinated donor or someone who has had COVID-19 provide immunity?

The COVID-19 vaccine won’t transfer during a blood donation. A blood donation isn’t an effective way to get a COVID-19 vaccine. The blood you receive during a transfusion only contains red blood cells. Red blood cells don’t contain any antibodies.

The antibodies your body makes that know how to fight COVID-19 after a vaccine are located in plasma. This means you’d need a plasma transfusion to receive COVID-19-fighting antibodies.

However, even a plasma transfusion is not a substitute for your own COVID-19 vaccine. Plasma transfusions are sometimes used to fight COVID-19, but they’re not meant to be used as a preventive measure.

The antibodies from blood transfusions or plasma transfusions from a vaccinated donor aren’t enough to provide COVID-19 immunity.

all around

Zero

Just as I thought!!!

Therefore the parents are even bigger fuckwits than I thought "

Unfortunately we live amongst them

chester

Zero

Just as I thought!!!

Therefore the parents are even bigger fuckwits than I thought

Unfortunately we live amongst them"

Indeed!

Thanks for the reading material too

North West

To the person who sent me abuse for not supporting the rights of the parents.

Keep it in the forum.

"To the person who sent me abuse for not supporting the rights of the parents.

Keep it in the forum. "

I think they've given up their rights as parents to be honest.

You don't want to save the life of your 4 month old baby?

You can just fuck right off. You are not a parent.

Winston

"

Why it's safe

About plasma donation

FAQs

Takeaway

Blood donation and transfusion save lives. Unfortunately, there’s also a long history of misinformation and fear around donations. For example, there was a time when blood donation was segregated by race. Additionally, in response to the AIDs epidemic, regulations were created that prohibited donations from parts of the LGBTQIA community.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the misinformation about blood donation has been about the vaccine and the virus itself. This misinformation isn’t causing the discriminatory practices of the past, but it is causing large numbers of people to refuse blood transfusions.

Many people have heard that it’s not safe to receive a blood transfusion from? a vaccinated donor. Fortunately, this isn’t the case. A transfusion from a vaccinated donor carries no risk of infection and is completely safe. Read on to learn more about the safety of blood from vaccinated donors.

COVID-19 is an airborne virus. It can’t be transmitted by contact with the blood of someone who is infected. According to The American Food and Drug AdministrationTrusted Source (FDA), there hasn’t been a single reported case worldwide of COVID-19 being transferred by blood contact.

Similarly, the COVID-19 vaccine doesn’t transfer from a blood donor to a person who is receiving a transfusion. Transfusion safety goes beyond the knowledge that COVID-19 does not transfer through blood.

Two of the COVID-19 vaccines available in America, the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines, are a type of vaccine called a messenger RNA vaccine (mRNA). Inactivated vaccines don’t contain living viral material. This means that the vaccines can teach your body to fight the infection, but they can’t infect your bloodstream

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a type of vaccine called a viral vector vaccine.

A viral vector vaccine uses a modified and harmless version of a virus. You can’t get COVID-19 from the modified version of the COVID-19 virus in the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The vaccine has enough viral material that it can teach your body how to fight COVID-19, but it has been changed enough that it will not cause an infection.

Bottom line

The COVID-19 vaccine doesn’t contain an infectious and harmful form of the COVID-19 virus. It can’t cause an infection in a vaccinated person or in a person who receives a transfusion of their blood.

Blood contains red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and plasma. Plasma is the liquid portion of blood that remains after the platelets and red and white blood cells are removed.

Plasma is 90 percent water, but it also contains immune system proteins and antibodies. This includes the antibodies your body makes when it learns to fight a virus like COVID-19.

You need plasma to clot blood, fight infections, heal wounds, and more. Plasma transfusions are used during surgeries and medical treatments. They can help people with chronic diseases as well as those with burns, shock, or trauma.

During the pandemic, blood donation centers were collecting plasma from people who had recovered from COVID-19 or who had received the vaccine within the last 6 months. This blood was used for what’s called a convalescent blood transfusion.

This type of transfusion uses the immune system proteins, or antibodies, from someone whose body has already fought an infection to help someone currently battling that same infection. Transfusions from vaccinated people who meet certain conditions can also be used.

Now that vaccinations and improved treatments for COVID-19 are available, the Red Cross and other organizations are no longer seeking plasma for convalescent transfusions. However, vaccinated people are eligible to donate plasma.

Most blood donation centers only require that vaccinated people are symptom-free on the day of their donation. You can read more about plasma donation here.

Blood donations already undergo strict safety measures. Before each donation, donors are asked about their health to ensure they are eligible to donate.

There are a number of health conditions and circumstances that will cause most blood donation centers to decline a donation. For example, you generally can’t give blood if:

you’ve been treated for malaria in the last 3 years or have been exposed to malaria in the past 3 months

These regulations help blood donation centers keep blood safe before the blood draw begins.

Blood donation centers also have rules about vaccines. People who’ve recently received live vaccines often need to wait several weeks before they are eligible to give blood. Common live vaccines include:

mumps vaccine

chickenpox vaccine

shingles vaccine

Vaccines such as the COVID-19 vaccine are inactivated virus vaccines. These vaccines don’t contain live viruses, and can’t transmit infections. That’s why there are no restrictions on blood donation after these vaccines.

flu vaccine

pneumonia vaccine

HPV vaccine

tetanus vaccine

After each donation, blood is tested to determine the type, and is sorted into red blood cells, white blood cells, and plasma. A sample of your blood is also tested for infectious illnesses that can be transmitted by blood contact. These normally include:

hepatitis B

hepatitis C

syphilis

Zika Virus

West Nile Virus

Can blood from a vaccinated donor or someone who has had COVID-19 provide immunity?

The COVID-19 vaccine won’t transfer during a blood donation. A blood donation isn’t an effective way to get a COVID-19 vaccine. The blood you receive during a transfusion only contains red blood cells. Red blood cells don’t contain any antibodies.

The antibodies your body makes that know how to fight COVID-19 after a vaccine are located in plasma. This means you’d need a plasma transfusion to receive COVID-19-fighting antibodies.

However, even a plasma transfusion is not a substitute for your own COVID-19 vaccine. Plasma transfusions are sometimes used to fight COVID-19, but they’re not meant to be used as a preventive measure.

The antibodies from blood transfusions or plasma transfusions from a vaccinated donor aren’t enough to provide COVID-19 immunity."

Absolutely marvellous post.

Can blood be frozen and transported, or does it need to be kept in a liquid state?

Winston

"Surely, as a safeguarding issue at the very least, the State could and should step in and remove their parental rights by emergency court order and plough on? I know this example is in no way comparative but 8 years ago I was in an accident. The woman responsible had both her children in the car with her when she hit us. Of course, both were screaming for mummy and very upset- but she point blank refused to comfort her little boy *I did. Then the ambulance turned up. The adults were checked out by the people in attendance and she refused to allow them to check the kids saying she'd take them to hospital herself if they needed it (she worked there). The people at the scene made an emergency referral to Social services as she was not being responsible. If my Small needed medical treatment she'd be getting it. "

Bloody hell!

Keep it in the forum.

Winston "

"They don't actually know if it's a vaccinated person's blood because they don't label it so it could be u vaccinated.

"

It could be a lot worse, it could be swingers blood, fuck knows what's swilling around in that stuff.

chester

"

Why it's safe

About plasma donation

FAQs

Takeaway

Bottom line

mumps vaccine

chickenpox vaccine

shingles vaccine

flu vaccine

pneumonia vaccine

HPV vaccine

tetanus vaccine

hepatitis B

hepatitis C

syphilis

Zika Virus

West Nile Virus

The antibodies from blood transfusions or plasma transfusions from a vaccinated donor aren’t enough to provide COVID-19 immunity.

Can blood be frozen and transported, or does it need to be kept in a liquid state?

Winston "

Yes! I asked a knowledgeable friend with a biology phd (I’ve not suddenly become an expert)

‘Plasma and platelets are often frozen’

It’s been a school day for me today !

"

Why it's safe

About plasma donation

FAQs

Takeaway

Bottom line

mumps vaccine

chickenpox vaccine

shingles vaccine

flu vaccine

pneumonia vaccine

HPV vaccine

tetanus vaccine

hepatitis B

hepatitis C

syphilis

Zika Virus

West Nile Virus

Winston

Yes! I asked a knowledgeable friend with a biology phd (I’ve not suddenly become an expert)

‘Plasma and platelets are often frozen’

It’s been a school day for me today ! "

Excellent.

In which case I see no reason for any of the non vaccinated purebloods we see on these forums not to donate their blood to the family.

Get on with it and step up to the plate.

Winston

"

It could be a lot worse, it could be swingers blood, fuck knows what's swilling around in that stuff. "

Spunk.

Peterborough

"Madness. I'd put it in same category as transfusions/treatments on religious grounds. Just as batshit.

"

My thoughts exactly.

Tin town

Do you think parents have any rights in such situations?

"Do you think parents have any rights in such situations? "

In this case, no.

None.

Nada.

Nowt.

Zilch.

They're not parents.

I would have done anything to save the life of my daughter.

Winston

chester

Let’s hope not. Let’s hope the courts can take over and do what’s in the best interests of the child.

Tin town

"Do you think parents have any rights in such situations?

Let’s hope not. Let’s hope the courts can take over and do what’s in the best interests of the child. "

But.. Where and when should the courts intervene? Only in cases of a medical procedure? What about living conditions (mould, smoke, abuse, diet etc).. Or conversely if the parents want to do something but are prevented from doing so?

Tin town

In this case, no.

None.

Nada.

Nowt.

Zilch.

They're not parents.

Winston "

I can't imagine. Sending kind thoughts Winston.

In this case, no.

None.

Nada.

Nowt.

Zilch.

They're not parents.

Winston

I can't imagine. Sending kind thoughts Winston. "

Thank you.

It was a long time ago, years, many many years. It feels like yesterday.

The anniversary of her passing is just around the corner.

Winston

chester

Let’s hope not. Let’s hope the courts can take over and do what’s in the best interests of the child.

But.. Where and when should the courts intervene? Only in cases of a medical procedure? What about living conditions (mould, smoke, abuse, diet etc).. Or conversely if the parents want to do something but are prevented from doing so? "

I agree! In this situation though, I believe her survival is totally dependent on treatment so her death is preventable. The parents can make their own stupid decisions for themselves.

In the other scenarios you mentioned, chances are, parents would grasp treatment with both hands.

A myriad of what ifs but in this case they’re fucking up with no valid reason

chester

In this case, no.

None.

Nada.

Nowt.

Zilch.

They're not parents.

Winston

I can't imagine. Sending kind thoughts Winston.

Thank you.

It was a long time ago, years, many many years. It feels like yesterday.

The anniversary of her passing is just around the corner.

Winston "

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

As it is their child of be surprised if the parents blood would not be a perfect match So there should be a plentiful supply Take all you need and lots more for others

"As it is their child of be surprised if the parents blood would not be a perfect match So there should be a plentiful supply Take all you need and lots more for others "

There must be a reason why they need donors.

Plenty of reasons why the parents may not be compatible in a post a few comments further up.

Winston

Tin town

But.. Where and when should the courts intervene? Only in cases of a medical procedure? What about living conditions (mould, smoke, abuse, diet etc).. Or conversely if the parents want to do something but are prevented from doing so?

I agree! In this situation though, I believe her survival is totally dependent on treatment so her death is preventable. The parents can make their own stupid decisions for themselves.

In the other scenarios you mentioned, chances are, parents would grasp treatment with both hands.

A myriad of what ifs but in this case they’re fucking up with no valid reason "

I'm not defending them... Just observing that rarely, when the law gets involved in family matters is there clarity.

"This is the same thing as mormons and other religious types, so the lawyers would be reading it the same way."

I think it's Jehovah's Witnesses, but yeah.

Manchester (she/her)

I think parents have wide latitude in medical decisions, but I don't think it's limitless. I think this particular instance is, and should be, beyond the pale.

By *espacito56Man  over a year ago

West Mainland, Orkney

Fucking morons

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"Have no unvaccinated people stepped forward to donate blood? That would seem a good solution and I would have thought their strongly held principles would encourage them to. Aren't the parents compatible?

It would be satisfying to see them volunteering their lovely vaccine free blood.

Winston "

I do and have done for years the child can have mine if it's compatible

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I'm unvaccinated too and I also donate

Though I'd happily take vaccinated blood if I needed it, I'm under no foolish apprehension that it's 'tainted'

I didn't have the covid Vax for the same reason I've not had a flu shot, that's all.

I'm not tribal, I think both the anti-vax / you MUST get it crowd are equally fucking retarded

Yes. I like to think they should.

Winston

I do and have done for years the child can have mine if it's compatible "

Good man.

Quick Google and you should be able to find the article, hopefully you can save this baby's life.

Winston

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"New Zealand’s health service has made a court application over the guardianship of a four-month-old baby whose parents are refusing to allow his life-saving heart surgery to go ahead unless non-vaccinated blood is used.

Winston

"

Haven’t read more than posted here. Has the hospital looked into obtaining blood from those not vaccinated? Satisfying concerned parents and allowing the potentially life saving treatment to go ahead?

Academic research on antivaxxers and conspiracists has shown a strong tendency towards narcissistic personality disorder -no surprise really when you find yourself trying to be reasonable with someone who thinks their opinion is as valid as hundreds of of thousands of scientists and doctors (who incidentally like nothing better than to to pick their colleagues work apart and prove them wrong-technically)

It's unfathomable that parents would refuse this treatment for a child they loved. "

chester

I don’t think it’s about there being a shortage of blood.

From what I’ve read, they’re saying the surgery can’t go ahead unless they can guarantee that (if needed) the blood will be from an unvaccinated donor.

As blood carries no trace of vaccine, it can’t be guaranteed. Surmising of course, the couple of articles I’ve read are brief

"

I'm not tribal, I think both the anti-vax / you MUST get it crowd are equally fucking retarded "

Pot...kettle etc

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Winston

Good man.

Quick Google and you should be able to find the article, hopefully you can save this baby's life.

Winston "

How do you imagine blood donation work's?

Hi, I've just googled an article and though I live in the UK and you live in NZ shall I pop over and you can plug me in to your kid

You're challenging the family of this kid in the stupidity awards are you?

"Hi, I've just googled an article and though I live in the UK and you live in NZ shall I pop over and you can plug me in to your kid

"

I think you'd better rephrase that!

Winston

Good man.

Winston

How do you imagine blood donation work's?

Hi, I've just googled an article and though I live in the UK and you live in NZ shall I pop over and you can plug me in to your kid

You're challenging the family of this kid in the stupidity awards are you?"

As a blood donor, I've a pretty good idea how it works.

As an ex blood bike rider, I've a pretty good idea how it works.

I'm a long way from NZ by the way.

And yes, I'm happy to say the patents of the 4 month old baby are stupid.

Stupid beyond belief.

They're also heartless.

Beyond compassion.

Un-loving.

Reckless.

And a pair of absolute cnuts.

Winston

North West

"I don’t think it’s about there being a shortage of blood.

From what I’ve read, they’re saying the surgery can’t go ahead unless they can guarantee that (if needed) the blood will be from an unvaccinated donor.

As blood carries no trace of vaccine, it can’t be guaranteed. Surmising of course, the couple of articles I’ve read are brief "

This is right. They'll allow the surgery only under those conditions.

Its why the health authority are going for custody. So they can do the operation.

During and after heart surgery the amount of blood product needed will probably exceed what the parents can give not to mention if only certain parts of the blood is needed they might not have the facilties on site to do the processing.

What I meant was if unvaccinated people came forward to donate specifically for this baby. "

I don't think the parents should be pandered too like that though. That would set a really dangerous president. What if somebody said I won't accept any blood from someone that isn't the same color as me would that be acceptable?

Teesside

What I meant was if unvaccinated people came forward to donate specifically for this baby.

I don't think the parents should be pandered too like that though. That would set a really dangerous president. What if somebody said I won't accept any blood from someone that isn't the same color as me would that be acceptable? "

Do you honestly think that hasn't already happened?

I don't think the parents should be pandered too like that though. That would set a really dangerous president. What if somebody said I won't accept any blood from someone that isn't the same color as me would that be acceptable? Do you honestly think that hasn't already happened? "

I suspect it properly has. I do understand that sometimes a good ethnic match can be better for the patient so I'm not disputing that what I mean is out of sheer prejudice.

Teesside

I don't think the parents should be pandered too like that though. That would set a really dangerous president. What if somebody said I won't accept any blood from someone that isn't the same color as me would that be acceptable? Do you honestly think that hasn't already happened?

I suspect it properly has. I do understand that sometimes a good ethnic match can be better for the patient so I'm not disputing that what I mean is out of sheer prejudice. "

Oh I meant the same. I didn't even think of the genetic match, just people's sheer prejudice.

As blood carries no trace of vaccine, it can’t be guaranteed. Surmising of course, the couple of articles I’ve read are brief

Its why the health authority are going for custody. So they can do the operation. "

Fingers crossed the health authority are granted custody.

Winston

Its why the health authority are going for custody. So they can do the operation.

Fingers crossed the health authority are granted custody.

Winston

"

I agree.

North West

A High Court judge has reserved his decision in the battle over guardianship of a baby boy whose parents refuse vaccinated blood being used in a life-saving operation - with a decision now expected tomorrow.

The court earlier heard that the case was a matter of life and death, with Health NZ Te Whatu Ora seeking to have the courts take guardianship of the baby so urgent heart surgery can go ahead.

Paul White, lawyer for Te Whatu Ora, said there was an impasse between the views of the parents and the views of medical professionals as to what course of action is in the best interests of the child.

The case was not much different from those of Jehovah’s Witnesses who refused blood transfusions for their child, aside from the origin of the parents’ beliefs, White said.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The parents must genuinely believe they're doing the right thing for their childm I feel a bit sorry for them even though I don't support their actions. Have they got much public support?

all around

"The parents must genuinely believe they're doing the right thing for their childm I feel a bit sorry for them even though I don't support their actions. Have they got much public support? "

Personally I would change religion to anything (no offence to any religion), I'd marry an alien, I'd donate every organ in my body and even vote for Donald Trump to save my child so NO, I have not the slightest sympathy or concern for either of them.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The parents must genuinely believe they're doing the right thing for their childm I feel a bit sorry for them even though I don't support their actions. Have they got much public support?

Personally I would change religion to anything (no offence to any religion), I'd marry an alien, I'd donate every organ in my body and even vote for Donald Trump to save my child so NO, I have not the slightest sympathy or concern for either of them."

Not a smidgen of compassion for what they're facing. I don't understand it, I don't hold any belief strongly enough to risk anyone's life, leave alone my child's but surely they must be slightly conflicted...or at least one of them is.

Tin town

"The parents must genuinely believe they're doing the right thing for their childm I feel a bit sorry for them even though I don't support their actions. Have they got much public support?

Personally I would change religion to anything (no offence to any religion), I'd marry an alien, I'd donate every organ in my body and even vote for Donald Trump to save my child so NO, I have not the slightest sympathy or concern for either of them.

Not a smidgen of compassion for what they're facing. I don't understand it, I don't hold any belief strongly enough to risk anyone's life, leave alone my child's but surely they must be slightly conflicted...or at least one of them is. "

I'm all for letting folks have their own beliefs and doing things their own way, so long as it doesn't harm anyone else. But you have to wonder what their beliefs are about vaccinations and a donors blood that is making them arrive at their decision.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not a smidgen of compassion for what they're facing. I don't understand it, I don't hold any belief strongly enough to risk anyone's life, leave alone my child's but surely they must be slightly conflicted...or at least one of them is.

I'm all for letting folks have their own beliefs and doing things their own way, so long as it doesn't harm anyone else. But you have to wonder what their beliefs are about vaccinations and a donors blood that is making them arrive at their decision. "

I do wonder that and I wonder how anyone's beliefs can be stronger than their love for their children, I'm thinking of honour killing as an example.

Manchester (she/her)

Not a smidgen of compassion for what they're facing. I don't understand it, I don't hold any belief strongly enough to risk anyone's life, leave alone my child's but surely they must be slightly conflicted...or at least one of them is. "

I'm sort of at, 99% of my compassion here is for the child, 1% for the parents who have been fooled into believing something so awful, but the parents and everyone involved in such a terrible belief system can rot.

I feel sorry for the parents that they have been duped into believing that giving their child vaccinated blood is going to be more a risk to them than not having the operation. I mean are we talking about any exclamation or just covid? If they want the blood of somebody who has had no vaccinations then their pool is going to be very limited. Where does this stop our parents going to start saying they will not have their child treated with blood when their donor has had any kind of medication? What does worry me is if they get custody of the child back after the operation are they going to look at the child differently or treat them differently because they may have received the blood of someone who has had a vaccine.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

Has anyone seen the ‘The Wonder’ on Netflix- set 180 years ago but there are many parallels with this story….

Tin town

How would anyone know if blood is from someone who has had a vaccine or not?

Manchester (she/her)

"How would anyone know if blood is from someone who has had a vaccine or not? "

Apart from asking? You probably wouldn't.

Tin town

"How would anyone know if blood is from someone who has had a vaccine or not?

Apart from asking? You probably wouldn't."

Soooo... Is this more of a argument when it's not likely to happen. I mean... Do the operation and say nobody knows..?

Manchester (she/her)

"How would anyone know if blood is from someone who has had a vaccine or not?

Apart from asking? You probably wouldn't.

Soooo... Is this more of a argument when it's not likely to happen. I mean... Do the operation and say nobody knows..? "

I think it's more, you can't do the operation until you can guarantee that the blood donors are not vaccinated.

Like imagine in the 80s "I don't want to be a recipient of blood unless you can guarantee that none of the donors are HIV positive"... except that actually makes, you know, sense.

all around

No, sorry to say I don't.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Fair enough it does seem difficult to believe that anyone would place conditions on their child having life saving surgery and wouldn't experience some doubt

all around

Fair enough it does seem difficult to believe that anyone would place conditions on their child having life saving surgery and wouldn't experience some doubt"

I'm sure the parents have been given all the advice and risk assessments necessary to combat any disinformation they've read but they are making a choice not to do what's best for their child.

North West

A baby who urgently needs heart surgery has been placed under guardianship of the High Court until completion of his surgery and post-operative recovery.

Te Whatu Ora asked the High Court to take over guardianship of the baby, whose operation had been delayed because his parents did not want doctors to use blood from anyone who had the Covid-19 vaccine.

The four-month-old urgently needs open heart surgery, which is likely to require a blood transfusion.

The doctors and parents have not been able to agree, so Te Whatu Ora has applied to the court under the Care of Children Act, asking that the doctors have temporary guardianship of the baby for his medical care only.

"A baby who urgently needs heart surgery has been placed under guardianship of the High Court until completion of his surgery and post-operative recovery.

Te Whatu Ora asked the High Court to take over guardianship of the baby, whose operation had been delayed because his parents did not want doctors to use blood from anyone who had the Covid-19 vaccine.

The four-month-old urgently needs open heart surgery, which is likely to require a blood transfusion.

The doctors and parents have not been able to agree, so Te Whatu Ora has applied to the court under the Care of Children Act, asking that the doctors have temporary guardianship of the baby for his medical care only."

Great news.

Wishing that beautiful child all the care, love and support it needs, a speedy recovery and a long and healthy life.

Winston

North West

"A baby who urgently needs heart surgery has been placed under guardianship of the High Court until completion of his surgery and post-operative recovery.

The doctors and parents have not been able to agree, so Te Whatu Ora has applied to the court under the Care of Children Act, asking that the doctors have temporary guardianship of the baby for his medical care only.

Great news.

Wishing that beautiful child all the care, love and support it needs, a speedy recovery and a long and healthy life.

Winston "

Completely agree.

By *tagVixCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Child cruelty, forcing their beliefs on a young child that could unlimatley cause its death is absolutely vile.

Religion/Cults have a lot to answer for.

I just can't get my head around believing in something so much you're prepared to sacrifice your child for it. It's absolutely insane.

Manchester (she/her)

Great news.

Winston "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The doctors and parents have not been able to agree, so Te Whatu Ora has applied to the court under the Care of Children Act, asking that the doctors have temporary guardianship of the baby for his medical care only."

That's good news. I hope the outcome is successful for everyone. I suspect the parent/ child relationship is forever damaged, a sad day all round really

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

I’m surprised this is allowed & even needs to go to court . In most western countries, parents don’t own children or wives like property as they do in some places, they are entrusted as legal guardians by the state and have responsibilities.

The laws need changing so medics act by default to save life’s of children not require parents permission

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

So glad to see that the courts have taken the sensible decision to save this child life, heresy hoping it all goes well for the little one.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I’m surprised this is allowed & even needs to go to court . In most western countries, parents don’t own children or wives like property as they do in some places, they are entrusted as legal guardians by the state and have responsibilities.

The laws need changing so medics act by default to save life’s of children not require parents permission "

There was a recent case where parents took doctors to court to prevent them ending their child's life by switching off life support. I felt sorry for both sides in that. I think it's everyone's job to do the best thing for the child

For people who don't like being judged, you're all a bit "judgy" aren't you

"For people who don't like being judged, you're all a bit "judgy" aren't you "

I think the parents of this, and cant say it enough, 4 month old baby, are irresponsible, selfish, poorly informed idiots.

I'm happy to judge.

And anyone who thinks this is remotely funny or a laughing matter is a bit of a bell end.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

So you wouldn't judge parents who would let their child die preventably?

"For people who don't like being judged, you're all a bit "judgy" aren't you

So you wouldn't judge parents who would let their child die preventably?"

Of all the subjects to choose to make a half arsed attempt at humour.

Read the room fellah.......

Winston

Winston "

It wasn't an attempt at humour, it was to see how angry you lot became.

Winston

It wasn't an attempt at humour, it was to see how angry you lot became. "

Maybe read the thread and you'll see why this case angers people.

Or maybe not post just to make people angry?

Why post to deliberately upset others? Strange behavior.

Seems a bit, you know.......

Winston

By *ake gear and fkMan  over a year ago

Belfast

See the fktards still ain't following science then, god love ye, honestly, Christ almighty.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Options in this particular case are:

(a) Without surgery, baby will certainly die. Surgery absolutely requires blood being supplied. Hence if parents do not allow blood transfusion, baby will certainly die.

(b) With surgery, babies life might be saved, or might not. But at least best efforts will have been made to save the life.

So effectively, parents choice to deny baby blood transfusion is exactly the same as killing the baby. Hence only options available to court are either to allow the parents to kill baby (result: parents do not have baby, baby is dead), or to remove baby from control of parents and allow surgery to proceed (result: parents do not have baby, baby has at least some chance of being alive).

There is only one sane decision here. Parents have stated that they would prefer baby to die than receive surgery. Parents should have child removed, parents should be prosecuted for child endangerment or worse.

By *ake gear and fkMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Great point, well made.

Winston

Winston "

You're in no position to accuse anyone of strange behaviour Mr Winston.

Winston

Winston

You're in no position to accuse anyone of strange behaviour Mr Winston."

I'd say posting to deliberately upset people is strange.

But hey, you do you.

Again, read the room.

Winston

North West

The baby whose parents did not want him to receive blood from people who may have had the Covid vaccine has undergone urgent heart surgery today.

Anti-vaccination lawyer Sue Grey confirmed to Checkpoint late this afternoon that the baby has undergone surgery today.

Grey said she had received a text message from the baby's parents confirming the surgery was finished and the six-month-old was doing well.

The baby was this week placed under the guardianship of the High Court until the completion of the surgery and post-operative recovery.

"The baby whose parents did not want him to receive blood from people who may have had the Covid vaccine has undergone urgent heart surgery today.

Anti-vaccination lawyer Sue Grey confirmed to Checkpoint late this afternoon that the baby has undergone surgery today.

Grey said she had received a text message from the baby's parents confirming the surgery was finished and the six-month-old was doing well.

The baby was this week placed under the guardianship of the High Court until the completion of the surgery and post-operative recovery."

Winston

North West

I thought you'd like to know Winston.

I would agree to anything to save my child's life. Hope they take the baby and it isn't too late.

People are stupid.

"I thought you'd like to know Winston.

"

You know me well.

Thank you.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"The baby whose parents did not want him to receive blood from people who may have had the Covid vaccine has undergone urgent heart surgery today.

The baby was this week placed under the guardianship of the High Court until the completion of the surgery and post-operative recovery."

"I thought you'd like to know Winston.

"

Apart from the posts on here I've had a couple a really nice private messages.

Good to know there are a few posters who aren't empathetically bankrupt.

Winston

all around

Wonderful news about the baby.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Was vaccinated or unvaccinated blood used for the transfusion?

If vaccinated blood was used and the child develops health issues in later years related to the vaccine, who takes responsibility for making that decision?

Not all decisions made by healthcare professionals are correct and they need to take responsibility for their decisions. The vaccines have not been tested on children so the effects of vaccinated blood on a baby who already has a weakened immune system is irresponsible in my opinion.

It’ll be interesting to see what the future holds for them and the parents.

Manchester (she/her)

"Was vaccinated or unvaccinated blood used for the transfusion?

If vaccinated blood was used and the child develops health issues in later years related to the vaccine, who takes responsibility for making that decision?

Not all decisions made by healthcare professionals are correct and they need to take responsibility for their decisions. The vaccines have not been tested on children so the effects of vaccinated blood on a baby who already has a weakened immune system is irresponsible in my opinion.

It’ll be interesting to see what the future holds for them and the parents. "

So certain death for a tiny baby is preferable? Fascinating.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

I'm just glad to hear that the child is doing well after the operation, personally I think the right choice was made. As someone who has lost a child to illness it sickens me to think that the parents would let thier child die because of their belief in some bull being peddled by people looking to make a quick buck from the vulnerable, it's as bad as using religion as an excuse to let your child die.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

However the effects of allowing the parents to refuse the surgery were well understood - certain death for the baby.

I suppose it would have been a good example of Darwinism in action - improve the gene pool by reducing the number of offspring where parents are stubbornly ignorant - but it would be rather harsh to impose the death penalty on the child just to prove the point about evolution.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm just glad to hear that the child is doing well after the operation, personally I think the right choice was made. As someone who has lost a child to illness it sickens me to think that the parents would let thier child die because of their belief in some bull being peddled by people looking to make a quick buck from the vulnerable, it's as bad as using religion as an excuse to let your child die."

To me it's indistinguishable from religion

all around

I sincerely hope the parents have learned a lesson, no, not necessarily about their beliefs which I totally respect, but sometimes there is a greater need than personal beliefs and in this case a child will live, love and be loved.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

When will the parents get their baby back?

Manchester (she/her)

"When will the parents get their baby back?"

It's my understanding that their guardianship will be returned after the baby has recovered from surgery

"......the child develops health issues in later years....."

In my book the child will have had the benefit of those later years, as opposed to being stone cold dead at 6 months.

The way/reason/*logic (*sic) some people seek to justify their prejudices is beyond me sometimes.

Have blood - laws of probability, child lives a long and fruitful life.

No blood- dead.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

In my book the child will have had the benefit of those later years, as opposed to being stone cold dead at 6 months.

The way/reason/*logic (*sic) some people seek to justify their prejudices is beyond me sometimes.

No blood- dead.

Winston "

On the other hand, they might have their entire life picked over by people with an agenda, rather than being allowed to live it.

Baby W had their first ear infection. See? the blood transfusion harmed them.

Baby W needed their appendix out! See? there was residual spike protein in it

Baby W has anger issues and wants random strangers to leave them the fuck alone. See? Vaccinated blood causes emotional disregulation!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"When will the parents get their baby back?

It's my understanding that their guardianship will be returned after the baby has recovered from surgery"

Are they allowed to spend plenty of time with the baby during that time?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

No blood- dead.

Winston "

I'm really at a loss as to why you engage with these people.

They have no interest in others opinions or thoughts, at best they will engage in a half wits pissing contest.

We've just been for a walk along the beach and nipped in a pub for a couple of drinks.

There was a pony tailed, long haired, aging hippy type of gentleman at the bar pontificating on all sorts of subjects in which he was an obvious expert, until one guy at the bar stated.

Roy, how come you haven't got a job.

Downed his pint and left.

Sad really.

Manchester (she/her)

It's my understanding that their guardianship will be returned after the baby has recovered from surgery

Are they allowed to spend plenty of time with the baby during that time?"

I don't know anything else, I'm afraid.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Are they allowed to spend plenty of time with the baby during that time?

I don't know anything else, I'm afraid."

Ok thanks. I hope they are it's important the baby has contact

No blood- dead.

Winston

They have no interest in others opinions or thoughts, at best they will engage in a half wits pissing contest.

We've just been for a walk along the beach and nipped in a pub for a couple of drinks.

There was a pony tailed, long haired, aging hippy type of gentleman at the bar pontificating on all sorts of subjects in which he was an obvious expert, until one guy at the bar stated.

Sad really.

"

In this instance, it's something close to my heart, probably too close.

You're very right about the wits.

And the Roy story, quite made my day, thank you.

Winston

North West

"When will the parents get their baby back?"

They already do. The guardianship was only for the operation. All other aspects of his care is the parents responsibility.

Teesside

No blood- dead.

Winston

Sad really.

"

Yes very sad, publicly shamed a bloke for being unemployed.

Maybe he has a health condition? maybe he's dealing with some personal shit? Maybe he doesn't want it broadcasting to the entire pub. If anywhere is the place for bullshit conversations, wild speculation and theories, it's the pub.

That man is a bully in my eyes. Can't argue against his points so it becomes a personal attack. Likely celebrated it as some sort of victory too.

I'd happily have sat and listened to Roy pontificate. I've know many people like him. Even if our politics were polar opposites, I could have a convo with him.

"If anywhere is the place for bullshit conversations, wild speculation and theories, it's the pub."

....and these forums

chester

I know I’m a bit late but this is wonderful news!

The baby was this week placed under the guardianship of the High Court until the completion of the surgery and post-operative recovery.

I know I’m a bit late but this is wonderful news! "

It's fantastic news for the baby.

I do wonder how the parents will react/treat the little one when he's home.

My fingers are crossed for a positive outcome on all fronts.

Winston

Teesside

[Removed by poster at 13/12/22 21:05:52]

Teesside

Winston "

If they are crazy enough to risk their kids life because of vaccinated blood, I can't see them treating that same kid with the love and care it deserves sadly  

Winston

If they are crazy enough to risk their kids life because of vaccinated blood, I can't see them treating that same kid with the love and care it deserves sadly   "

Pretty much my thoughts. I want to be wrong. So wrong.

Winston

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Some parents, and in a few instances one of the baby's progenitors may have strongly held views, such as members of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect, but in those instances the government is right to step in to protect the rights of the child, despite the parents' views

Central

Winston

If they are crazy enough to risk their kids life because of vaccinated blood, I can't see them treating that same kid with the love and care it deserves sadly  

Pretty much my thoughts. I want to be wrong. So wrong.

Winston "

It's so hard to tell, when outside of a situation. I'm someone who can and does make mistakes, too frequently. And some of the £high earning antivax propaganda creators have churned out harmful bilge en masse. Fingers crossed that this child has a loved, happy and Healthy life from now

merseyside

No blood- dead.

Winston

Sad really.

Yes very sad, publicly shamed a bloke for being unemployed.

Maybe he has a health condition? maybe he's dealing with some personal shit? Maybe he doesn't want it broadcasting to the entire pub. If anywhere is the place for bullshit conversations, wild speculation and theories, it's the pub.

That man is a bully in my eyes. Can't argue against his points so it becomes a personal attack. Likely celebrated it as some sort of victory too.

I'd happily have sat and listened to Roy pontificate. I've know many people like him. Even if our politics were polar opposites, I could have a convo with him."

Good on you.

Maybe you're correct or maybe Roy is just a loudmouth prick who didn't get the audience he required.

Who knows?

I don't, as I had no idea who he was, just out for a quiet drink with my husband.

By *atureGuy62Man  over a year ago

DE7

Winston

"

I bet 25% of the population would nto be alive if it was not for the vcacines in the 1960s and before. I checked my medical records and in my youth I had 15 vaccinations for whooping cough, diptheria etc. Nobody ever quesioned them as people where dying of these in much lower numbers that Covid-19. Time to grow up people and look at the facts.

Teesside

Winston

I bet 25% of the population would nto be alive if it was not for the vcacines in the 1960s and before. I checked my medical records and in my youth I had 15 vaccinations for whooping cough, diptheria etc. Nobody ever quesioned them as people where dying of these in much lower numbers that Covid-19. Time to grow up people and look at the facts. "

Tell that to anyone who has had a bad reaction to any vaccine or medication. I know a few, not just throughout covid.

If you are the one it happens to then the its "one in a million" rhetoric is meaningless. That's why I fully believe in personal choice without coercion or being shamed into it.

Gotta do your own risk assessment on it and decide if it's what you want to do.

merseyside

Winston

I bet 25% of the population would nto be alive if it was not for the vcacines in the 1960s and before. I checked my medical records and in my youth I had 15 vaccinations for whooping cough, diptheria etc. Nobody ever quesioned them as people where dying of these in much lower numbers that Covid-19. Time to grow up people and look at the facts. Tell that to anyone who has had a bad reaction to any vaccine or medication. I know a few, not just throughout covid.

If you are the one it happens to then the its "one in a million" rhetoric is meaningless. That's why I fully believe in personal choice without coercion or being shamed into it.

Gotta do your own risk assessment on it and decide if it's what you want to do."

Think you will find almost every piece of medication, every vaccine, every surgical procedure will have a percentage of folks who will have a negative reaction, some mild, some serious and sadly, some deaths.

If you want to concentrate on the negative results that's fine but overall the advances in medication, surgical procedures have been wonderful.

As far as vaccines go. There has only been one thing more beneficial to global healthcare than vaccines and that's access to clean water.

Take your choice but don't complain if it goes pear shaped.

As far as Covid goes if you are young, in good health, no comorbidities and succumb to the virus you should be OK.

Unless you are in the small percentage who are not OK then it very far from OK.

Teesside

Winston

I bet 25% of the population would nto be alive if it was not for the vcacines in the 1960s and before. I checked my medical records and in my youth I had 15 vaccinations for whooping cough, diptheria etc. Nobody ever quesioned them as people where dying of these in much lower numbers that Covid-19. Time to grow up people and look at the facts. Tell that to anyone who has had a bad reaction to any vaccine or medication. I know a few, not just throughout covid.

Think you will find almost every piece of medication, every vaccine, every surgical procedure will have a percentage of folks who will have a negative reaction, some mild, some serious and sadly, some deaths.

If you want to concentrate on the negative results that's fine but overall the advances in medication, surgical procedures have been wonderful.

As far as vaccines go. There has only been one thing more beneficial to global healthcare than vaccines and that's access to clean water.

As far as Covid goes if you are young, in good health, no comorbidities and succumb to the virus you should be OK.

"

Yeah, I'm aware that all medications carry risk. It's easy to sit and judge people who don't want to take that risk however.

Those small odds mean nothing to those who are unlucky enough to end up ill because of said medication however.

There's a story on BBC today of someone who died because of the az jab. I'm sure the fact it was a one in a million chance us little comfort to his family. A risk that wasn't widely known until a lot of people(myself included) had first and sometimes 2nd jab.

Also, I'm far from anti vax. I got my first 2 az jabs, I've had a few tetanus injections and whatever childhood ones that were standard at the time. I don't however take medication I don't need especially because "it's the right thing to do"

merseyside

Winston

Yeah, I'm aware that all medications carry risk. It's easy to sit and judge people who don't want to take that risk however.

Those small odds mean nothing to those who are unlucky enough to end up ill because of said medication however.

There's a story on BBC today of someone who died because of the az jab. I'm sure the fact it was a one in a million chance us little comfort to his family. A risk that wasn't widely known until a lot of people(myself included) had first and sometimes 2nd jab.

Also, I'm far from anti vax. I got my first 2 az jabs, I've had a few tetanus injections and whatever childhood ones that were standard at the time. I don't however take medication I don't need especially because "it's the right thing to do""

I can honestly say, like you, I have never taken, been prescribed any medication because "it's the right thing to do".

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Given that some vaccinations increase the risk of blood clots, I’d be reluctant to give vaccinated blood to a young child with heart issues. There’s too many unknown factors with the vaccines.

It’s easy to have an opinion when it’s not your child but I’ve had a prem baby who spent time in a special care baby unit. When you see babies in incubators it puts a lot of things into perspective.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Given that some vaccinations increase the risk of blood clots, I’d be reluctant to give vaccinated blood to a young child with heart issues. There’s too many unknown factors with the vaccines.

It’s easy to have an opinion when it’s not your child but I’ve had a prem baby who spent time in a special care baby unit. When you see babies in incubators it puts a lot of things into perspective. "

But catching actual covid increases the risk of blood clots a lot more than any covid vaccine. You the vaccination status or covid history would have zero effect of a donor on blood clots in a child. It's important that parents have real information,not partial or untrue information,so they can make the decision for their children.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Is donated blood even recorded whether donor was vaccinated against covid?

How far do you go- would the same parents not want blood donated from someone who had MMR vaccine? MMR-antivaxxers was not so long ago!

Teesside

Winston

Also, I'm far from anti vax. I got my first 2 az jabs, I've had a few tetanus injections and whatever childhood ones that were standard at the time. I don't however take medication I don't need especially because "it's the right thing to do"

I can honestly say, like you, I have never taken, been prescribed any medication because "it's the right thing to do".

"

It was the rhetoric used against a lot of people who didn't want the jab. Words like selfish and greater good were used in abundance.

"Given that some vaccinations increase the risk of blood clots, I’d be reluctant to give vaccinated blood to a young child with heart issues. There’s too many unknown factors with the vaccines.

It’s easy to have an opinion when it’s not your child but I’ve had a prem baby who spent time in a special care baby unit. When you see babies in incubators it puts a lot of things into perspective. "

If I had a 4 month old baby who needed a heart operation, I'd make sure it got everything it needed to survive the operation and to go on and live a full and fruitfull life.

I'd take the opinion of the specialists treating the condition and carrying out the surgery.

I think any sane parent would do the same.

Specialist - "We'd like to save the life of your 4 month old baby, do we have your permission"

Me - "why are you ever asking, do whatever it takes, please do all you can to save my child"

And if, like me, you've ever had to tell a specialist to "do whatever it takes, please do all you can to save my child" you'll know exactly what that sentence means.

Who am I to undercut the knowledge, research, learning and experience of someone trained to do nothing but that job.

Any lay person who thinks they know better than those specialists is an idiot.

Winston

It’s easy to have an opinion when it’s not your child but I’ve had a prem baby who spent time in a special care baby unit. When you see babies in incubators it puts a lot of things into perspective.

If I had a 4 month old baby who needed a heart operation, I'd make sure it got everything it needed to survive the operation and to go on and live a full and fruitfull life.

I'd take the opinion of the specialists treating the condition and carrying out the surgery.

I think any sane parent would do the same.

Specialist - "We'd like to save the life of your 4 month old baby, do we have your permission"

Me - "why are you ever asking, do whatever it takes, please do all you can to save my child"

And if, like me, you've ever had to tell a specialist to "do whatever it takes, please do all you can to save my child" you'll know exactly what that sentence means.

Who am I to undercut the knowledge, research, learning and experience of someone trained to do nothing but that job.

Any lay person who thinks they know better than those specialists is an idiot.

Winston

"

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Keep it in the forum.

Winston "

I wonder how this tallies with pro abortion beliefs.

Im willing to bet there are plenty on this thread vilifying the parents who would also support abortion

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Winston

"

The snti vaccine movement is turning into some kind of weird religious culture.

Tin town

More to the point of this thread... How's the little kiddy doing 5 weeks later?

Manchester (she/her)

Keep it in the forum.

Winston

Im willing to bet there are plenty on this thread vilifying the parents who would also support abortion"

Yup!

A child who exists should receive standard medical care.

Medical care does not include access to the body of another without their consent.

If you need my kidney or you'll die, and I say no, tough. You're gonna die.

If Bruce needs to be hooked up to Frank for nine months or Bruce will die, and Frank says no, Bruce will die.

If a widdle cutie baby will die if it's not in a uterus for nine months, and the uterus holder decides he doesn't want that, guess the adorable widdle cutie schnukums ain't gonna make it.

A baby getting a blood transfusion from donated blood? Consent is already given. Baby lives.

"More to the point of this thread... How's the little kiddy doing 5 weeks later? "

I've not heard any new news, my fingers are still crossed for a positive outcome for the whole family.

Winston

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Keep it in the forum.

Winston

Im willing to bet there are plenty on this thread vilifying the parents who would also support abortion

Yup!

A child who exists should receive standard medical care.

Medical care does not include access to the body of another without their consent.

If you need my kidney or you'll die, and I say no, tough. You're gonna die.

If Bruce needs to be hooked up to Frank for nine months or Bruce will die, and Frank says no, Bruce will die.

If a widdle cutie baby will die if it's not in a uterus for nine months, and the uterus holder decides he doesn't want that, guess the adorable widdle cutie schnukums ain't gonna make it.

A baby getting a blood transfusion from donated blood? Consent is already given. Baby lives."

Touch a nerve there did i?

Manchester (she/her)

No nerves touched. The law is the law.

I support minor children receiving the standard of care, even if their parents are lunatics.

If a uterus holder does not consent to his uterus being occupied, that is also the standard of care.

Bye bye baby, baby goodbye...

https://youtu.be/zVxAj-Mis6o