FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Chris Whitty

Chris Whitty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aussage OP   Man  over a year ago

Stalbridge

So he's come out today and said we are going to have a lot of excess deaths for really sometime due to the lockdown policies he helped push for.

So it turns out whilst the general public were clapping like seals every Thursday for a nhs that had mostly shut down, freeing up nurses to perfect their dance routines for tiktok, people weren't getting important cancer, heart, diabetes check ups etc. Many of these delayed treatments will ultimately kill some people. What a pointless tragedy.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not to mention our reduced resiliance to seasonal viruses like Flu

He talks out of his arse, I wonder what he looked like before the fire...

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"So he's come out today and said we are going to have a lot of excess deaths for really sometime due to the lockdown policies he helped push for.

So it turns out whilst the general public were clapping like seals every Thursday for a nhs that had mostly shut down, freeing up nurses to perfect their dance routines for tiktok, people weren't getting important cancer, heart, diabetes check ups etc. Many of these delayed treatments will ultimately kill some people. What a pointless tragedy."

And that post goes to show why context is important just like statistics

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"So he's come out today and said we are going to have a lot of excess deaths for really sometime due to the lockdown policies he helped push for.

So it turns out whilst the general public were clapping like seals every Thursday for a nhs that had mostly shut down, freeing up nurses to perfect their dance routines for tiktok, people weren't getting important cancer, heart, diabetes check ups etc. Many of these delayed treatments will ultimately kill some people. What a pointless tragedy."

Just to point something out, my wife worked on a covid ward from the start.. no tiktok dances were performed.. she was pretty much terrified for the first few months as no one knew much about it.. hopefully you never ended up in hospital.

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

[Removed by poster at 02/12/22 10:03:15]

Braunton

Don’t get me started on that creature and his financially and politically motived doom merchants at SAGE!!

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

So it turns out whilst the general public were clapping like seals every Thursday for a nhs that had mostly shut down, freeing up nurses to perfect their dance routines for tiktok, people weren't getting important cancer, heart, diabetes check ups etc. Many of these delayed treatments will ultimately kill some people. What a pointless tragedy.

Just to point something out, my wife worked on a covid ward from the start.. no tiktok dances were performed.. she was pretty much terrified for the first few months as no one knew much about it.. hopefully you never ended up in hospital. "

Yes the idea that the "NHS had pretty much shut down" is laughable.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Oh how short people’s memories are!

At the start of the pandemic NOBODY knew how bad it would or would not get. The one thing they did know was that exponential increases in infection would quickly overwhelm the NHS capacity to deal with it. They had no choice but to postpone other medical activity for that reason alone.

An additional reason was whether patients entering hospital were at increased risk of contracting Covid by being there and/or infecting other patients and staff.

NHS staff were working extremely long shifts in substandard PPE in the full knowledge that they were at a hugely increased risk in contracting it themselves and, due to possible huge viral loads, getting seriously ill or dead! Or bring it home to their families.

The fact that a few, when on a break (they were allowed and needed a break) ate some pizzas or let of steam/stress by making tik toc videos is totally and utterly understandable.

OP give your head a wobble!

Stalbridge

That's because the government was being fed information by insane lunatics like Neil Ferguson. In between breaking lockdown to fuck a married woman he was coming up with the most insane models you could imagine.

How do we know this guy was insane? Because literally every prediction for every previous pandemic had been off by a huge order of magnitude. If getting things wrong was a career, this guy was an expert.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

What a deeply offensive post ! especially about the NHS staff doing tiktok ?? as we do know few NHS nurses and Dr's and we would kindly invite you to our's for one evening only so you could say that to their faces ?? especially our maternity nurse friend ??? as you've pointed out the reason for her having what we called her thousand yard stare and looking completely knackered/worn out and crying as we spoke to her from her balcony as she was forced to live totally on her own ??? was in fact due to her and the rest of her team and the surgeon doing emergency cesareans were in fact doing endless tiktok video's ??....

I have friends and family in the NHS. Two surgeons, a nurse. The NHS was definitely not shut down for them at any point, they worked themselves into the ground. Many tears shed, many sleepless nights. Can’t understand that comment, OP.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

But the science... All policies were backed by the science weren't they?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

So he's a idiot according to Dr Sausage on an Internet sex site.

Just for your information I worked right through covid as a front line medic.

Never once was I on the Internet dancing or otherwise.

If you want to know how a large hospital works why not pop along ask at reception for details of volunteering and get stuck in.

You may find it rewarding or maybe not.

At the start of the pandemic NOBODY knew how bad it would or would not get. The one thing they did know was that exponential increases in infection would quickly overwhelm the NHS capacity to deal with it. They had no choice but to postpone other medical activity for that reason alone.

An additional reason was whether patients entering hospital were at increased risk of contracting Covid by being there and/or infecting other patients and staff.

NHS staff were working extremely long shifts in substandard PPE in the full knowledge that they were at a hugely increased risk in contracting it themselves and, due to possible huge viral loads, getting seriously ill or dead! Or bring it home to their families.

The fact that a few, when on a break (they were allowed and needed a break) ate some pizzas or let of steam/stress by making tik toc videos is totally and utterly understandable.

OP give your head a wobble! "

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Plus there's "Science" and then there's our so called " Let the bodies pile high/party like it's/shag Government" and they totally ignored the advice to start with which if acted upon would have led to fewer lockdowns and plus the "Scientists" do tend to look on the bleaker side of things then walk it back but we are just being played as quite handy how all this "Anti science/scientist" and SO they are the ones to blame and a very very very very large majority of the problems we all experienced and will experience regarding our NHS are down to the cuts over the last 12 years add in the test they did that did highlight 99% of the problems that did occur with the NHS during covid were ignored totally due to the cost ?? like lack of PPE and not enough ICU spaces and lack of trained staff for them ?? so if you want to blame anyone don't blame the NHS staff or even the science/scientists and blame the Government ....reason we had the highest death rate in Europe ?? but always far easier to come up with the easy answers isn't ?? especially if you are encouraged to do so by certain rightward leaning websites who are mainly funded and owned by people who can't wait to get their hands on our NHS ??? it's the long game you are missing with your post just look at the stats from say 13 years ago and waiting list were at eye watering level's before covid hit etc etc ...just like hiding our £1 trillion debt before covid ??? in covid ?? xx

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight isn’t it!

I’d say some fast decisions had to be made in order to deal with something we knew nothing about. They made decisions that they may make differently now. Does anyone really believe that CW et al had the inclination to wilfully deceive or destroy a nation?

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Just to point something out, my wife worked on a covid ward from the start.. no tiktok dances were performed.. she was pretty much terrified for the first few months as no one knew much about it.. hopefully you never ended up in hospital. "

The female part of this couple also worked as a nurse on COVID wards throughout. Coming home exhausted from her shifts. OPs post is frankly insulting as well as ill informed.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Internet guy shows his limited perspective, including dancing on Tiktok. Wi can't fathom someone who would not welcome nurses having some relief from the horrendous conditions and personal harms.

I'm assuming that this is just yet another of the posts that ignores the risks of what would have happened if we'd not locked down in any way.

chester

"Internet guy shows his limited perspective, including dancing on Tiktok. Wi can't fathom someone who would not welcome nurses having some relief from the horrendous conditions and personal harms.

I'm assuming that this is just yet another of the posts that ignores the risks of what would have happened if we'd not locked down in any way. "

Was Always going to be a case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

The NHS didn't mostly shut down, I think what is causing problems now is that GPs cut down on face to face appointments so medical conditions have not been diagnosed early enough.

Braunton

"Internet guy shows his limited perspective, including dancing on Tiktok. Wi can't fathom someone who would not welcome nurses having some relief from the horrendous conditions and personal harms.

I'm assuming that this is just yet another of the posts that ignores the risks of what would have happened if we'd not locked down in any way. "

The same as in Sweden…no lock down…same result …

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The NHS didn't mostly shut down, I think what is causing problems now is that GPs cut down on face to face appointments so medical conditions have not been diagnosed early enough."

Tbh, I now get medical attention sooner with phone appointments.

In the before times, I'd have to wait a week to a week and a half for an appointment.

Now, 2-3 days, and any follow up is within 2-3 days.

Braunton

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight isn’t it!

I’d say some fast decisions had to be made in order to deal with something we knew nothing about. They made decisions that they may make differently now. Does anyone really believe that CW et al had the inclination to wilfully deceive or destroy a nation?

Look at SAGE’s political affiliations.. your answer is there

"

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"The NHS didn't mostly shut down, I think what is causing problems now is that GPs cut down on face to face appointments so medical conditions have not been diagnosed early enough."
aint that the truth i ended up in hospital for a month earlier this year 17 days in icu, all because its now nearly impossible to get seen at my gp surgery,diagnosing someone over the fone aint a great idea

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

OP give your head a wobble! "

.... .... .... ..... .....

chester

"The NHS didn't mostly shut down, I think what is causing problems now is that GPs cut down on face to face appointments so medical conditions have not been diagnosed early enough.

In the before times, I'd have to wait a week to a week and a half for an appointment.

Now, 2-3 days, and any follow up is within 2-3 days."

Agreed. It’s much more efficient for simple cases. Anything more serious, they arrange a face to face appointment when it’s necessary.

It’s often the only way these massive practices can cope with growing numbers of patients.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's times like a pandemic that a government uses for financial gain which is what they did and not being held responsible for the evidence speaks volumes as well as the actions taken with no disregard to anyone else other than themselves the economy was and always has been the only important factor to them regardless of human life. Only time I'd be clapping for the NHS would be when they are actually considered as front line workers how valuable they are and given the actual pay they deserve and better working condition....

Manchester (she/her)

"The NHS didn't mostly shut down, I think what is causing problems now is that GPs cut down on face to face appointments so medical conditions have not been diagnosed early enough.

Agreed. It’s much more efficient for simple cases. Anything more serious, they arrange a face to face appointment when it’s necessary.

It’s often the only way these massive practices can cope with growing numbers of patients. "

In fact I can do better.

Week before last I decided I needed to ask about some symptoms bothering me. Put in the request Friday.

Phone call Monday.

Blood test Tuesday.

Results Wednesday.

Specialist referral Wednesday.

Never would have happened that fast pre 2020.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

It’s often the only way these massive practices can cope with growing numbers of patients. "

This, telephone triage is far more efficient for the GP and for the patient.

By * lolita xWoman  over a year ago

North

Are you having a laugh!shut down. I can tell you those nurses worked their arses off, frightened to go home to their families

Manchester (she/her)

Are you having a laugh!shut down. I can tell you those nurses worked their arses off, frightened to go home to their families"

It's an incredibly offensive lie that some like to push.

Stalbridge

Are you having a laugh!shut down. I can tell you those nurses worked their arses off, frightened to go home to their families"

In the early part of 2020 the NHS was ordered to empty the hospitals to make way for this tidal wave of covid patients. So all the elderly that were 'clogging up' beds were sent to care homes to die, and they did die in huge numbers.

So with most patients gone, and many routine services cancelled, what were they to do?

Well apparently for many it was to make tiktok videos. Here are just some of them ..

https://youtu.be/BM9PRY82zng

Manchester (she/her)

Are you having a laugh!shut down. I can tell you those nurses worked their arses off, frightened to go home to their families

In the early part of 2020 the NHS was ordered to empty the hospitals to make way for this tidal wave of covid patients. So all the elderly that were 'clogging up' beds were sent to care homes to die, and they did die in huge numbers.

So with most patients gone, and many routine services cancelled, what were they to do?

Well apparently for many it was to make tiktok videos. Here are just some of them ..

https://youtu.be/BM9PRY82zng"

Yes, some made TikTok videos in their off time. Which was reduced as their workload was increased.

Oh noez, nurses had time off from appalling and dangerous conditions! How dare they? I pay their salary!

Woe. Woe.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

You are so right... those three minute videos must have taken months to make

Thankfully NHS staff are not expected to work 24hrs a day, so can squeeze in a bit of light relief during "their own time"

Cal

Manchester (she/her)

You are so right... those three minute videos must have taken months to make

Thankfully NHS staff are not expected to work 24hrs a day, so can squeeze in a bit of light relief during "their own time"

Cal"

Haven't you heard? Anyone whose work is paid through taxation (see numerous threads recently) should be grateful for having work and take any pay or conditions they have. Only corporate employees can expect fair pay.

Reading

Another post that’s insulting to healthcare professionals who worked their backsides off, my wife included.

Manchester (she/her)

Another post that’s insulting to healthcare professionals who worked their backsides off, my wife included. "

Your wife doesn't know the suffering of people who had to stop going to the pub for awhile. Their trauma knows no bounds. No one will ever understand their pain. There will be vengeance for the atrocities committed upon people. How dare you ask people to behave cautiously and think of others during an outbreak of a novel disease?

By *littlteBitMoreWoman  over a year ago

Scotland

You do realise a lot of staff were unable to go home during the worst of times, are you implying they not only stayed away from family but should also have worked 24/7 with no respite from what they faced every day?

What did you do to help? I'm sure you must have went above and beyond.

Get over yourself Sir and when, not if you require the services of NHS staff, I'd be delighted to care for you as will my colleagues becausw, we're not little balls of predudiced entitlement and nor do we discriminate and disrespect others.

Manchester (she/her)

You do realise a lot of staff were unable to go home during the worst of times, are you implying they not only stayed away from family but should also have worked 24/7 with no respite from what they faced every day?

Get over yourself Sir and when, not if you require the services of NHS staff, I'd be delighted to care for you as will my colleagues becausw, we're not little balls of predudiced entitlement and nor do we discriminate and disrespect others.

"

Thank you

Reading

"

Perfect response!

Tin town

I'm curious why it is we are expected to be thankful to avail of the service for which we have paid taxes and ni into for the last 40 years? I mean of course we should be appreciative if we receive good service, why wouldn't we be. but when we pay for our car service we don't give the mechanic a round of applause and bang a saucepan for them. If we couldn't get an appointment to fix our cars for 18. Onths there would be uproar. But for some reason when it comes to our health we go... "Mustn't make a fuss or they'll think I'm entitled".

It's a strange mindset.

There are entitled people and sometimes they are entitled because they've paid for it.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm curious why it is we are expected to be thankful to avail of the service for which we have paid taxes and ni into for the last 40 years? I mean of course we should be appreciative if we receive good service, why wouldn't we be. but when we pay for our car service we don't give the mechanic a round of applause and bang a saucepan for them. If we couldn't get an appointment to fix our cars for 18. Onths there would be uproar. But for some reason when it comes to our health we go... "Mustn't make a fuss or they'll think I'm entitled".

It's a strange mindset.

There are entitled people and sometimes they are entitled because they've paid for it. "

If your car mechanic had to go through warfare to fix your car, even though it was beyond their normal scope of duties, then you might think differently.

The service has changed, but delays and full hospitals are also happening in the US - where you'll pay thousands for the privilege of paying eye watering rather than life destroying amounts of money for healthcare.

Tin town

"I'm curious why it is we are expected to be thankful to avail of the service for which we have paid taxes and ni into for the last 40 years? I mean of course we should be appreciative if we receive good service, why wouldn't we be. but when we pay for our car service we don't give the mechanic a round of applause and bang a saucepan for them. If we couldn't get an appointment to fix our cars for 18. Onths there would be uproar. But for some reason when it comes to our health we go... "Mustn't make a fuss or they'll think I'm entitled".

It's a strange mindset.

There are entitled people and sometimes they are entitled because they've paid for it.

If your car mechanic had to go through warfare to fix your car, even though it was beyond their normal scope of duties, then you might think differently.

The service has changed, but delays and full hospitals are also happening in the US - where you'll pay thousands for the privilege of paying eye watering rather than life destroying amounts of money for healthcare."

Nah not buying it. I paid a lot in. I expect a reasonable service. Not a 3rd rate inconsistent inaccessible one that is descending down the league table of health care provision in 1st World countries. That's not saying everyone who works in it is poor. They aren't. Some are brilliant of course. But as a health service in its entirety I'm amazed people think it's acceptable. I mean literally life and death... A friend had cancer and told he had 3 months. And then can't get a scan appointment through for 5 months. Sorry getting slightly off topic anyway.... But what does whitty have to do with anything any more now he made his name for being borises right hand man.

Manchester (she/her)

It's a strange mindset.

The service has changed, but delays and full hospitals are also happening in the US - where you'll pay thousands for the privilege of paying eye watering rather than life destroying amounts of money for healthcare.

Nah not buying it. I paid a lot in. I expect a reasonable service. Not a 3rd rate inconsistent inaccessible one that is descending down the league table of health care provision in 1st World countries. That's not saying everyone who works in it is poor. They aren't. Some are brilliant of course. But as a health service in its entirety I'm amazed people think it's acceptable. I mean literally life and death... A friend had cancer and told he had 3 months. And then can't get a scan appointment through for 5 months. Sorry getting slightly off topic anyway.... But what does whitty have to do with anything any more now he made his name for being borises right hand man. "

Fucked if I know what Whitty has to do with anything.

I think healthcare workers globally deserve our gratitude if they were on the front line with Covid. Just because it's a service we pay for doesn't mean that individuals didn't go above and beyond, putting themselves at unusual risk. I also think that the nature of the NHS - free at point of use - should be celebrated and fought for. Joe Bloggs, 3, of Oldham, deserves the same standard of care for his cancer as Miles Posh-Twattery, 3, of Islington, does for his.

Tin town

It's a strange mindset.

Nah not buying it. I paid a lot in. I expect a reasonable service. Not a 3rd rate inconsistent inaccessible one that is descending down the league table of health care provision in 1st World countries. That's not saying everyone who works in it is poor. They aren't. Some are brilliant of course. But as a health service in its entirety I'm amazed people think it's acceptable. I mean literally life and death... A friend had cancer and told he had 3 months. And then can't get a scan appointment through for 5 months. Sorry getting slightly off topic anyway.... But what does whitty have to do with anything any more now he made his name for being borises right hand man. "

Equally... And for the sake of balance... Another friend had head pains... Couldn't get in to see a Dr for 2 weeks... Finally got seen by gp who blue lighted him for life saving brain surgery and excellent care. So there are excellent bits too.

Manchester (she/her)

It's a strange mindset.

Nah not buying it. I paid a lot in. I expect a reasonable service. Not a 3rd rate inconsistent inaccessible one that is descending down the league table of health care provision in 1st World countries. That's not saying everyone who works in it is poor. They aren't. Some are brilliant of course. But as a health service in its entirety I'm amazed people think it's acceptable. I mean literally life and death... A friend had cancer and told he had 3 months. And then can't get a scan appointment through for 5 months. Sorry getting slightly off topic anyway.... But what does whitty have to do with anything any more now he made his name for being borises right hand man.

Equally... And for the sake of balance... Another friend had head pains... Couldn't get in to see a Dr for 2 weeks... Finally got seen by gp who blue lighted him for life saving brain surgery and excellent care. So there are excellent bits too. "

I'm currently on the waiting list to see if I have cancer. "Can I talk to a doctor" to referral was six days, and I put in my request on a Friday. It probably would have been a few weeks in 2019.

Tin town

It's a strange mindset.

I think healthcare workers globally deserve our gratitude if they were on the front line with Covid. Just because it's a service we pay for doesn't mean that individuals didn't go above and beyond, putting themselves at unusual risk. I also think that the nature of the NHS - free at point of use - should be celebrated and fought for. Joe Bloggs, 3, of Oldham, deserves the same standard of care for his cancer as Miles Posh-Twattery, 3, of Islington, does for his."

Yeah agree with some of that. I don't agree free at point of use should be celebrated and certainly not fought for. The trouble with "free" anything is it gets abused and isn't respected... And whether free at point of use or any other access model. It needs to actually work and meet its reasonable expectations. Access and quality should not be a lottery.

Manchester (she/her)

It's a strange mindset.

I think healthcare workers globally deserve our gratitude if they were on the front line with Covid. Just because it's a service we pay for doesn't mean that individuals didn't go above and beyond, putting themselves at unusual risk. I also think that the nature of the NHS - free at point of use - should be celebrated and fought for. Joe Bloggs, 3, of Oldham, deserves the same standard of care for his cancer as Miles Posh-Twattery, 3, of Islington, does for his.

Yeah agree with some of that. I don't agree free at point of use should be celebrated and certainly not fought for. The trouble with "free" anything is it gets abused and isn't respected... And whether free at point of use or any other access model. It needs to actually work and meet its reasonable expectations. Access and quality should not be a lottery. "

Talk to the people who set it up. I don't know why frontline healthcare workers - who've put themselves through hell - should be thanked less because the government and managers are making a mess.

I'd also be thankful for American nurses who were on the front line, even though I find the prospect of medical bankruptcy abhorrent. It's not their fault their system is barbaric

Tin town

It's a strange mindset.

Equally... And for the sake of balance... Another friend had head pains... Couldn't get in to see a Dr for 2 weeks... Finally got seen by gp who blue lighted him for life saving brain surgery and excellent care. So there are excellent bits too.

I'm currently on the waiting list to see if I have cancer. "Can I talk to a doctor" to referral was six days, and I put in my request on a Friday. It probably would have been a few weeks in 2019."

I don't know your experience (and wish you well with it) but talking about my friends experience. Which was one shocking cock up after another cock up from start to finish and had nothing to do with anything else... It was inexcusable incompetence.

Manchester (she/her)

It's a strange mindset.

I'm currently on the waiting list to see if I have cancer. "Can I talk to a doctor" to referral was six days, and I put in my request on a Friday. It probably would have been a few weeks in 2019.

I don't know your experience (and wish you well with it) but talking about my friends experience. Which was one shocking cock up after another cock up from start to finish and had nothing to do with anything else... It was inexcusable incompetence."

Yes. And I'm not trying to invalidate that at all. I'm sorry if it read that way. I just think wholesale condemnation isn't warranted - healthcare systems everywhere are under enormous strain (full children's hospitals in the US - they're not insulated by charging hundreds for merely stepping into A&E), and a lot of the fault of the NHS lies with the upper echelons, not the front line staff.

And thank you.

By *arybaldieMan  over a year ago

Bedford

Most people (Chris Whitty included) did their level best to deal with something that we were just not prepared for.

It’s easy to criticise after the event.

I think the likes of Chris Whitty did an amazing job.

The NHS did an amazing job with what they had and some of them sacrificed their own lives saving others. That is what I call courage in the face of adversity.

As for the conspiracy theorists, when you get a chance, remove your heads from your collective anuses and smell the coffee (gonna be a little difficult having had your heads up your arses for so long though).

Manchester (she/her)

"Most people (Chris Whitty included) did their level best to deal with something that we were just not prepared for.

The NHS did an amazing job with what they had and some of them sacrificed their own lives saving others. That is what I call courage in the face of adversity.

As for the conspiracy theorists, when you get a chance, remove your heads from your collective anuses and smell the coffee (gonna be a little difficult having had your heads up your arses for so long though)."

It might be a test of neurological damage via unknown Covid infection too. Some people have tracked US Covid waves looking at negative reviews of Yankee candles - "they don't smell of anything!"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Most people (Chris Whitty included) did their level best to deal with something that we were just not prepared for.

As for the conspiracy theorists, when you get a chance, remove your heads from your collective anuses and smell the coffee (gonna be a little difficult having had your heads up your arses for so long though).

It might be a test of neurological damage via unknown Covid infection too. Some people have tracked US Covid waves looking at negative reviews of Yankee candles - "they don't smell of anything!""

That was an interesting phenomenon, the Yankee Candles feedback. .

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Glad to see so many standing up for our NHS, while a (thankfully) few cretins badmouth everything and everyone like they're some kind of superior being who knew everything all along mouths off.

If you knew so much why didn't you intervene and solve all the issues personally DURING the pandemic if so and save the Doctors, Nurses, Scientists and Politicians the trouble?

If nothing else it gives all the decent people on here a toss#r or two to add to their block lists!

chester

it was inevitable that folk would be clapping one minute then calling them out for being incompetent the next.

I’ve had umpteen reasons to be grateful to the NHS but we all know someone who’s been let down too. The system is far from perfect

But this was about Chris Whitty, had no idea people had such vitriol for him

Was there a better subject matter expert available at short notice?

Manchester (she/her)

"it was inevitable that folk would be clapping one minute then calling them out for being incompetent the next.

I’ve had umpteen reasons to be grateful to the NHS but we all know someone who’s been let down too. The system is far from perfect

Was there a better subject matter expert available at short notice? "

I read something about making out essential workers to be heroes.

Heroes are expected to be selfless, go beyond the call, and not ask for anything.

So now nurses want to be able to feed their children, despite them going beyond the call during a traumatic time, people can be outraged. Heroes don't need pesky things like adequate pay - they're heroes

Nurses and doctors are human like everyone else, and humans vary in skill level, attitude and attention to detail in their jobs. I’ve had excellent service from the NHS however my ex was not so fortunate. Taken into ICU with Covid, put on oxygen then into an induced coma, so I was told. She was very very poorly but brought round after 16 days and due to stress with the “ pipework” to help her breath and was given a tracioctomy on the evening of the 6 Nov 2020. Sadly this wasn’t performed as well as it should have been, she wasn’t properly monitored, and some form of “ seal” failed and she basically started to drown late afternoon 7th. She suffered a massive heart attack at 18.20 on the 7th passing away leaving a son aged 18 and daughter aged 15. A sad tale but as a family we are not bitter, and are grateful for the NHS the country has, and for all the dedicated people who continue to do what they do.

This forum room is the most toxic on FAB. So many experts.

"Glad to see so many standing up for our NHS, while a (thankfully) few cretins badmouth everything and everyone like they're some kind of superior being who knew everything all along mouths off.

If you knew so much why didn't you intervene and solve all the issues personally DURING the pandemic if so and save the Doctors, Nurses, Scientists and Politicians the trouble?

If nothing else it gives all the decent people on here a toss#r or two to add to their block lists! "

chester

"it was inevitable that folk would be clapping one minute then calling them out for being incompetent the next.

Was there a better subject matter expert available at short notice?

I read something about making out essential workers to be heroes.

Heroes are expected to be selfless, go beyond the call, and not ask for anything.

So now nurses want to be able to feed their children, despite them going beyond the call during a traumatic time, people can be outraged. Heroes don't need pesky things like adequate pay - they're heroes"

exactly !

merseyside

I'm sure Chris Whitty and his medical colleagues are all having sleepless nights after hearing Dr Saussage of Sherbourne comments.

To be fair my husband did comment when folks came outside to chap that it won't take too long for the two faced fuckers to turn on you.

How right he was.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm sure Chris Whitty and his medical colleagues are all having sleepless nights after hearing Dr Saussage of Sherbourne comments.

To be fair my husband did comment when folks came outside to chap that it won't take too long for the two faced fuckers to turn on you.

How right he was. "

Indeed. It was all for show, unfortunately.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Most professional front line staff did not want the clapping

Liverpool

"I'm sure Chris Whitty and his medical colleagues are all having sleepless nights after hearing Dr Saussage of Sherbourne comments.

How right he was. "

I'd applaud you loudly if there was an applause emoji on here! Bravo! X

Liverpool

"Nurses and doctors are human like everyone else, and humans vary in skill level, attitude and attention to detail in their jobs. I’ve had excellent service from the NHS however my ex was not so fortunate. Taken into ICU with Covid, put on oxygen then into an induced coma, so I was told. She was very very poorly but brought round after 16 days and due to stress with the “ pipework” to help her breath and was given a tracioctomy on the evening of the 6 Nov 2020. Sadly this wasn’t performed as well as it should have been, she wasn’t properly monitored, and some form of “ seal” failed and she basically started to drown late afternoon 7th. She suffered a massive heart attack at 18.20 on the 7th passing away leaving a son aged 18 and daughter aged 15. A sad tale but as a family we are not bitter, and are grateful for the NHS the country has, and for all the dedicated people who continue to do what they do. "

I cant even imagine how horrendous that has been for you all. So sorry.

Liverpool

As for the conspiracy theorists, when you get a chance, remove your heads from your collective anuses and smell the coffee (gonna be a little difficult having had your heads up your arses for so long though)."

Manchester (she/her)

"Most professional front line staff did not want the clapping"

I gather it started from a good place, but then it got coopted by the powers that be. I figured the best way I could show my thanks to the NHS was to keep my germs to myself.

Stalbridge

I have no issues with the NHS or front line staff. The problem is the government and the wreckless decisions they made, which unfortunately we'll be paying for, for years. The excess deaths problem is not minor, thousands of people are dying.

all around

Ignoring the insulting statement let's take the first paragraph.

"we are going to have a lot of excess deaths for really sometime due to the lockdown"

Did he actually say this or are you interpreting what he said ?

If we hadn't had lockdown would we have had many more days when more than 1000 a day were dying due to COVID ?

How many days with more than 1000 deaths a day would have been acceptable ?

Can the OP give us the number of excess deaths per day for the last 2 years not due to COVID and how many per day are expected over the next 5 years ?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

As far as my GP is concerned, the introduction of video appointments and online booking for in person appointments where necessary, meant that it was easier than ever before to see a doctor. Maybe my local medical centre was somehow exceptional, but I rather suspect that the vast majority of GPs ended up seeing more patients since the start of covid than ever before. My personal experience was that before covid, phoning the GPs surgery required starting dialing at precisely 8.30am when the office opened, using redial at least twenty times because the line was already busy, maybe managing to get through by 9am, and then finding that there was no chance of an appointment for at least 4 days.

As soon as the pandemic started, and the surgery introduced the online services, I could send a message to the GP any time of day complete with a description of my symptoms and photos if appropriate. My GP would call me back the same day, or next day if I had messaged after normal hours, pre-informed of my problem so that a diagnosis could be made quicker than an old-style appointment. If the GP thought an in-person examination was necessary, it would be arranged to happen same day or next day latest. If a prescription was made for any type of medication, it would be emailed directly to my local pharmacy, where it would be ready for collection by the time I got there (or if I was unable to travel to the pharmacy, it would be delivered to my house within a few hours).

On the two occasions that I required urgent hospital treatment during the pandemic, I found the service to be efficient and well organised, even though it was readily apparent that many of the medical staff were approaching exhaustion.

On the one occasion that I required a non-urgent screening treatment at my hospital, the appointment still took place, with the only change being a need for extra careful bio-hygiene precautions.

Where I did see the NHS systems failing was after our deplorable government declared that the pandemic was over and told everyone to throw away masks and forget about any form of disease control, while in actual fact the number of covid cases was completely out of control. It was then that my father several times had to wait more than 24 hours for an ambulance to arrive after falling in his house and being unable to get up again, purely because every single bed in the hospital was already occupied (plus trolleys in corridors etc) so that ambulances arriving at the hospital could not be unloaded and thus could not go out again to answer 999 calls.

The hospital overflows and necessary cancellations of some routine appointments were absolutely not due to lockdowns, but were solely due to the vast number of fuckwits refusing to pay the slightest attention to pandemic control measures (and yes, I do put a lot of the blame on Johnson and his entire cabinet of criminals for actually encouraging bad behaviour), increasing the spread of disease and being directly responsible for the overflow of hospital resources.

The preventable deaths that we are now seeing, and will continue to see for some time (probably forever in fact) are NOT caused by the lockdowns. They are caused by the arseholes that made all the pandemic prevention measures useless, increasing the spread, multiplying the variants, swamping the medical system, maximising the cost to the country, and generally ensuring that everything is worse now than it could have been.

Stalbridge

Chris Whitty warns Britain faces 'prolonged period' of excess deaths NOT caused by Covid due to collateral effects of lockdown

Then they go on to list the reasons. A big part is delay in treatments. Ie for cancer patients this can be fatal.

Manchester (she/her)

Ignoring the insulting statement let's take the first paragraph.

"we are going to have a lot of excess deaths for really sometime due to the lockdown"

If we hadn't had lockdown would we have had many more days when more than 1000 a day were dying due to COVID ?

Can the OP give us the number of excess deaths per day for the last 2 years not due to COVID and how many per day are expected over the next 5 years ?

"

It's all a bit hard to untangle - particularly given our understanding of the medium/ long term effects of Covid is still in its infancy.

Yes, there are excess deaths. The causes of that are probably multifaceted. Some Covid, some delays, some loss of workforce (Brexit, Covid, pay, etc), some other things. But those shoving an agenda on us will continue to cry conspiracy.

As Polly said, my GP's introduction of phone and video appointments has resulted in much quicker medical attention, not slower. A lot of things, it's not actually necessary to see the person. (And when it is, my GP never, ever closed)

merseyside

"I have no issues with the NHS or front line staff. The problem is the government and the wreckless decisions they made, which unfortunately we'll be paying for, for years. The excess deaths problem is not minor, thousands of people are dying. "

Thousands die anyway.

If there was an increase in any disease, increase in aspirin consumption, excess drinking all would spike the death rate.

I agree that the elderly were packed off to care homes at the outset but bed blocking by elderly has and will always be a problem.

I don't care what flavour government was in power, worked through them all and all as bad as each other.

Covid. was the scariest time of my career, could we have made different decisions, of course treatments and protocols could be different but as you have shown we are all clever in hindsight.

Each day folks pass away, we learn and move forward, develop rather than criticise or blame, even with folks like you sniping from the trees.

Please, please, before your fingers type out the venom from your mind, even though you then say its not the NHS staff but the government etc think on, there will be families just hours away from loosing love ones and they may just come along to this site for some light relief and then stumble across your posts.

Please just go away.

chester

As far as my GP is concerned, the introduction of video appointments and online booking for in person appointments where necessary, meant that it was easier than ever before to see a doctor. Maybe my local medical centre was somehow exceptional, but I rather suspect that the vast majority of GPs ended up seeing more patients since the start of covid than ever before. My personal experience was that before covid, phoning the GPs surgery required starting dialing at precisely 8.30am when the office opened, using redial at least twenty times because the line was already busy, maybe managing to get through by 9am, and then finding that there was no chance of an appointment for at least 4 days.

As soon as the pandemic started, and the surgery introduced the online services, I could send a message to the GP any time of day complete with a description of my symptoms and photos if appropriate. My GP would call me back the same day, or next day if I had messaged after normal hours, pre-informed of my problem so that a diagnosis could be made quicker than an old-style appointment. If the GP thought an in-person examination was necessary, it would be arranged to happen same day or next day latest. If a prescription was made for any type of medication, it would be emailed directly to my local pharmacy, where it would be ready for collection by the time I got there (or if I was unable to travel to the pharmacy, it would be delivered to my house within a few hours).

On the two occasions that I required urgent hospital treatment during the pandemic, I found the service to be efficient and well organised, even though it was readily apparent that many of the medical staff were approaching exhaustion.

On the one occasion that I required a non-urgent screening treatment at my hospital, the appointment still took place, with the only change being a need for extra careful bio-hygiene precautions.

Where I did see the NHS systems failing was after our deplorable government declared that the pandemic was over and told everyone to throw away masks and forget about any form of disease control, while in actual fact the number of covid cases was completely out of control. It was then that my father several times had to wait more than 24 hours for an ambulance to arrive after falling in his house and being unable to get up again, purely because every single bed in the hospital was already occupied (plus trolleys in corridors etc) so that ambulances arriving at the hospital could not be unloaded and thus could not go out again to answer 999 calls.

The hospital overflows and necessary cancellations of some routine appointments were absolutely not due to lockdowns, but were solely due to the vast number of fuckwits refusing to pay the slightest attention to pandemic control measures (and yes, I do put a lot of the blame on Johnson and his entire cabinet of criminals for actually encouraging bad behaviour), increasing the spread of disease and being directly responsible for the overflow of hospital resources.

The preventable deaths that we are now seeing, and will continue to see for some time (probably forever in fact) are NOT caused by the lockdowns. They are caused by the arseholes that made all the pandemic prevention measures useless, increasing the spread, multiplying the variants, swamping the medical system, maximising the cost to the country, and generally ensuring that everything is worse now than it could have been."

I agree so much. The GP system has improved greatly through being forced to modernise it.

Only thing we see differently is that the same old shit was just as shit in Wales

This is why we tend to not attribute all blame to a Tory Gov

Brighton

OP stop digging. You are making yourself look like a tool!

all around

"Chris Whitty warns Britain faces 'prolonged period' of excess deaths NOT caused by Covid due to collateral effects of lockdown

Then they go on to list the reasons. A big part is delay in treatments. Ie for cancer patients this can be fatal."

By *rotic desiresWoman  over a year ago

Here and there

OP stop digging. You are making yourself look like a tool!"

Whereas I agree that it was a terrifying time for healthcare providers, I admit that when An Garda Siochana put out their dance routine in the middle of lockdown, it did feel like a pisstake.

Every other Tom, Dick and Harry was legislated to stay within 20km of home (or possibly only 5km at the time!), legislated to mingle with a max of one other household (as far as I remember) while the guards either:

a) practiced and filmed while on "company time" (they are wearing uniform - I'd hazard a guess, it's against policy to wear uniform while off duty and I'm sure it takes a lot longer to practice and film than what your designated breaks are!) rather than catching criminals

or

b) meeting with more than one household outside of "company time" during lockdown in various locations which I'm sure were not within the 20km from home for all of them. In which case, yet again, talk about one rule for them and another for the plebs!

Whereas I do believe the intention was to add a little cheer in difficult times, it felt like a dig at the general population.

Brighton

Whereas I agree that it was a terrifying time for healthcare providers, I admit that when An Garda Siochana put out their dance routine in the middle of lockdown, it did feel like a pisstake.

Every other Tom, Dick and Harry was legislated to stay within 20km of home (or possibly only 5km at the time!), legislated to mingle with a max of one other household (as far as I remember) while the guards either:

a) practiced and filmed while on "company time" (they are wearing uniform - I'd hazard a guess, it's against policy to wear uniform while off duty and I'm sure it takes a lot longer to practice and film than what your designated breaks are!) rather than catching criminals

or

b) meeting with more than one household outside of "company time" during lockdown in various locations which I'm sure were not within the 20km from home for all of them. In which case, yet again, talk about one rule for them and another for the plebs!

Whereas I do believe the intention was to add a little cheer in difficult times, it felt like a dig at the general population."

You may “hazard a guess” but you’d be wrong.

NHS staff do not change out of uniform during a break in their shift! Or indeed immediately after their shift finishes and they have not yey got ready to go home.

I challenge anyone on these forums to experience what they faced at the height of the pandemic and not try to find some light in the midst of the dark horror they were facing.

None of them will have experienced the level of suffering and volume of patients before. The stress must have been huge!

The doctors I know have a rather morbid sense of humour. It is a defence mechanism to deal with suffering, pain and death that they witness throughout their careers.

FFS stop trying to undermine their experience and efforts on all of our behalf!

Jeez!

Here and there

or

Whereas I do believe the intention was to add a little cheer in difficult times, it felt like a dig at the general population.

NHS staff do not change out of uniform during a break in their shift! Or indeed immediately after their shift finishes and they have not yey got ready to go home.

I challenge anyone on these forums to experience what they faced at the height of the pandemic and not try to find some light in the midst of the dark horror they were facing.

None of them will have experienced the level of suffering and volume of patients before. The stress must have been huge!

The doctors I know have a rather morbid sense of humour. It is a defence mechanism to deal with suffering, pain and death that they witness throughout their careers.

Jeez!"

You may want to take note that I referred to law enforcement in Ireland, not NHS staff . I'm fully aware it was a scary time on the healthcare front at the peak.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Wtaf do you seriously think that nurses were spending their days making tiktoks ??!! How fucking insulting can you be????

By *t00160Man  over a year ago

near by you

[Removed by poster at 02/12/22 20:55:24]

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"That's because the government was being fed information by insane lunatics like Neil Ferguson. In between breaking lockdown to fuck a married woman he was coming up with the most insane models you could imagine.

How do we know this guy was insane? Because literally every prediction for every previous pandemic had been off by a huge order of magnitude. If getting things wrong was a career, this guy was an expert."

Seems to me a lot of countries looked at their own data, conducted their own modelling and came to very similar conclusions and carried out similar actions.. was Ferguson the only advisor on the planet? As I recall for a sustained period before lockdown Hospital admissions doubled every 6 days…. no insane model required to predict a clear logarithmic progression, a demand for 1000 ventilator beds becomes a demand for 10,000 ventilator beds in just 5 more weeks, 20,000 a week later, 40,000, 80,000..…. It’s basic maths

Brighton

or

Jeez!

You may want to take note that I referred to law enforcement in Ireland, not NHS staff . I'm fully aware it was a scary time on the healthcare front at the peak."

Aha teach me not to read the post properly

Then again it was a bit left field in a discussion about the NHS to start talking about the Irish police?

I reacted because some numpty pvt messaged saying I was lying and the NHS were doing no work and were never even close to being overwhelmed at any point in the pandemic.

I get the anger and hatred at the Govt for setting policy. But I do not get any anger directed at front line medical staff that one day we may need ourselves? Baffles me!

Here and there

"

You may want to take note that I referred to law enforcement in Ireland, not NHS staff . I'm fully aware it was a scary time on the healthcare front at the peak.

Aha teach me not to read the post properly

Then again it was a bit left field in a discussion about the NHS to start talking about the Irish police?

I reacted because some numpty pvt messaged saying I was lying and the NHS were doing no work and were never even close to being overwhelmed at any point in the pandemic.

I get the anger and hatred at the Govt for setting policy. But I do not get any anger directed at front line medical staff that one day we may need ourselves? Baffles me!"

merseyside

As 1 of those NHS nurses who worked on COVID wards and COVID High dependency decked out in full PPE for 12 hours a day putting my own and my families health at risk whilst helplessly watching people die the most horrible of deaths you can take your tiktok comment and shove it straight up your bellend you piece of shit "

Now don't hold back, say it as it is.

I totally agree.

Do you feel you've been living in a parallel universe to some of the people who post on here.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

OP isn't wrong though. There were a fuckton of tiktok dance videos of NHS staff during the first wave.

If the truth triggers you maybe you are more traumatised by your experiences during the pandemic than you know. I suggest you seek therapy.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"I have no issues with the NHS or front line staff. The problem is the government and the wreckless decisions they made, which unfortunately we'll be paying for, for years. The excess deaths problem is not minor, thousands of people are dying. "

You don't have issues with the NHS or front line staff ? Really?

Funny how your post slagging them off and criticising them for tiktok videos, the YouTube link included, gave me exactly the opposite immpression.

Winston

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"OP isn't wrong though. There were a fuckton of tiktok dance videos of NHS staff during the first wave.

If the truth triggers you maybe you are more traumatised by your experiences during the pandemic than you know. I suggest you seek therapy."

Yes there were. Do you know what they were though? Staff on breaks trying to keep their spirits up whilst they went through the shittest time of their careers yet here we have the sex site experts discrediting them instead. No doubt you'll be one of these arseholes moaning about NHS wanting a wage rise. See when you get ill or hurt yourself and need NHS help, do us all a favour and go elsewhere

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Like I said, you clearly have anger issues and are triggered by this.

Did I say it wasn't on breaks or the reasons for the videos anywhere in my post? Read it again slowly, take the time to digest and calm down.

As for payrise, I worked for nhs for years and I still have friends there(who were also filming tiktoks funnily enough)they deserve as many payrises as they can wrangle out of the government. They have long been underpaid.

Hopefully you have a better bedside manner with those who are in your care and don't jump to assumptions purely because of your own issues.

merseyside

"OP isn't wrong though. There were a fuckton of tiktok dance videos of NHS staff during the first wave.

If the truth triggers you maybe you are more traumatised by your experiences during the pandemic than you know. I suggest you seek therapy."

Us NHS staff getting therapy.

No time for that malarkey far too busy trying to improve our dance steps for future calamity videos.

I'm now shit hot at the Charlton but can't think of a disease or major health incident that fits.

I'll just jig away and think of all the therapy I'm missing.

Not all bad news though, why don't you use my therapy slots for yourself, maybe they do a "just be nice, not a twat" course of treatment.

merseyside

If the truth triggers you maybe you are more traumatised by your experiences during the pandemic than you know. I suggest you seek therapy.

Us NHS staff getting therapy.

No time for that malarkey far too busy trying to improve our dance steps for future calamity videos.

I'm now shit hot at the **Charlton but can't think of a disease or major health incident that fits.

I'll just jig away and think of all the therapy I'm missing.

Not all bad news though, why don't you use my therapy slots for yourself, maybe they do a "just be nice, not a twat" course of treatment. "

***Charlston***

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"Like I said, you clearly have anger issues and are triggered by this.

Did I say it wasn't on breaks or the reasons for the videos anywhere in my post? Read it again slowly, take the time to digest and calm down.

As for payrise, I worked for nhs for years and I still have friends there(who were also filming tiktoks funnily enough)they deserve as many payrises as they can wrangle out of the government. They have long been underpaid.

Hopefully you have a better bedside manner with those who are in your care and don't jump to assumptions purely because of your own issues."

Like you said? Like your word is final? Maybe if you dont want peoe taking offence to what you say then you shouldn't be so damn offensive. Stating in your uneducated and unqualified opinion that NHS staff need therapy for being triggered by claims they were part of an elaborate lie?? Nah, it's halfwits like you who need help

Liverpool

"Like I said, you clearly have anger issues and are triggered by this.

Hopefully you have a better bedside manner with those who are in your care and don't jump to assumptions purely because of your own issues.

Like you said? Like your word is final? Maybe if you dont want peoe taking offence to what you say then you shouldn't be so damn offensive. Stating in your uneducated and unqualified opinion that NHS staff need therapy for being triggered by claims they were part of an elaborate lie?? Nah, it's halfwits like you who need help"