FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > covid

covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

I have done well avoiding it for so long, but it has finally got me luckily i just had my third booster a month ago.

Anyone still waiting for to be hit for the first time ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

I went 2 years without it, then caught it in May this year. At the tail end of how effective the booster was.

Thankfully haven’t caught it again, but it wasn’t pleasant that’s for sure

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I haven't had it yet. Get well soon.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

OP did you know there is a virus forum to discuss Covid ?

birmingham

"OP did you know there is a virus forum to discuss Covid ?"
No i did not, not been on here much recently

birmingham

"I went 2 years without it, then caught it in May this year. At the tail end of how effective the booster was.

Thankfully haven’t caught it again, but it wasn’t pleasant that’s for sure "

it hasnt been to bad really, just like a bad cold but with a much worse chesty cough.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"I have done well avoiding it for so long, but it has finally got me luckily i just had my third booster a month ago.

Anyone still waiting for to be hit for the first time ?"

you've put it in the wrong section though should be in the "covid" section

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I have done well avoiding it for so long, but it has finally got me luckily i just had my third booster a month ago.

Anyone still waiting for to be hit for the first time ?you've put it in the wrong section though should be in the "covid" section "

I'm sure it'll be moved when a mod sees it - and the OP has acknowledged his mistake.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Had it once very mild symptoms! Took a test yesterday as have cold bad chest as wanted to go c new great grandson but it's negative xwill hold of seeing him till next week as little mite don't want a cold x

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 06/12/22 15:20:49]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Get well soon and no. I havent had it.

By *G1988Couple  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Good to see all 3 work then…

By *eavy-Metal-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Both of us caught it in summer this year luckierly for both of us it didn't affect us to bad. Get well soon

x

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We've both had it twice now. First time was really mild, second was a little rougher but still not all that bad. Both had all our jabs tho.

By *anda and CatCouple  over a year ago

We've had it, Mr in October 2020 (pre vaccines), no symptoms only took test because a family member had symptoms but I was actually the only one in household of frontline workers to be positive. Then we both had it September this year. Flu symptoms and quite rough, he got it worse (obviously man flu) 3 jabs in. We won't be having anymore boosters.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I hope you survive and live to tell the tale

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Friend of mine is ill with it now for 3rd time, this time it has hit him hard. Had his 4th jab a month ago too. He now fully believes the severity has increased with the jabs.

Grabbed him some shopping yesterday and gave him an ear to rant too for 15 mins.

I doubt he'll get any more jabs.

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman  over a year ago

Telford

I have felt horrid for 3 weeks and I've only just tested positive and to top it off I've also got a kidney infection .I'm trying to stay up as I have to get the kid up for school; otherwise I would be dying quietly in bed .

Leeds

Does anyone know the take up rate of the 4th vaccination for over 50s ?

ashford

"Friend of mine is ill with it now for 3rd time, this time it has hit him hard. Had his 4th jab a month ago too. He now fully believes the severity has increased with the jabs.

Grabbed him some shopping yesterday and gave him an ear to rant too for 15 mins.

I doubt he'll get any more jabs."

Alot won't b! I stopped at 2! Got it on my notes at docs now so I don't get the reminder texts my diabetic nurse put it on there at my last check up! hope ur friend feels better soon x

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Does anyone know the take up rate of the 4th vaccination for over 50s ?"
ive not had the 4th and wont be, and out of the over 50s i do know its only the ones in there mid 60s and over that seem to be getting jabbed, others seem to not be bothering, know thats just a small snapshot of the population, but would be intresting to know how many aint having more than the first three

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Does anyone know the take up rate of the 4th vaccination for over 50s ?ive not had the 4th and wont be, and out of the over 50s i do know its only the ones in there mid 60s and over that seem to be getting jabbed, others seem to not be bothering, know thats just a small snapshot of the population, but would be intresting to know how many aint having more than the first three"

Not easy to find the figures. The take up of over 75s was 80%+ at the beginning of July. The news said the the take up rate for over 50s was around only around 50% at the beginning of November.

Leeds

Thanks NylonSlut. I couldn't find the figures.

Durham

"Thanks NylonSlut. I couldn't find the figures. "

You will be able to get more accurate up to date figures but they are buried in the ONS figures.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't think I've had it. Had my latest booster just over a month ago.

Hope you recover well

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Does anyone know the take up rate of the 4th vaccination for over 50s ?ive not had the 4th and wont be, and out of the over 50s i do know its only the ones in there mid 60s and over that seem to be getting jabbed, others seem to not be bothering, know thats just a small snapshot of the population, but would be intresting to know how many aint having more than the first three

Not easy to find the figures. The take up of over 75s was 80%+ at the beginning of July. The news said the the take up rate for over 50s was around only around 50% at the beginning of November. "

If the rest of the UK is like here, GPs aren't calling people and it's like finding a needle (pardon the pun) in a haystack trying to get a slot in a vaccine clinic.

Teesside

"Friend of mine is ill with it now for 3rd time, this time it has hit him hard. Had his 4th jab a month ago too. He now fully believes the severity has increased with the jabs.

Alot won't b! I stopped at 2! Got it on my notes at docs now so I don't get the reminder texts my diabetic nurse put it on there at my last check up! hope ur friend feels better soon x"

I get the texts once a week despite opting out and updating my records. I didn't get booster 2 or 3, take the hint, I won't be getting 4 5 or 6.

ashford

Alot won't b! I stopped at 2! Got it on my notes at docs now so I don't get the reminder texts my diabetic nurse put it on there at my last check up! hope ur friend feels better soon xI get the texts once a week despite opting out and updating my records. I didn't get booster 2 or 3, take the hint, I won't be getting 4 5 or 6.

"

Remind them they may have failed to update ur records! X

By *aturebarneyMan  over a year ago

Sale

Not had it ,had 4 pricks .

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Got it now.

Sat next to someone Boxing Day who said they felt ill but gave it the don’t worry it’s not Covid thing.

It was.

Felt awful yesterday had a horrible night of feeling hot and cold and hardly any sleep.

Today just feels like a cold although the thickly cough is annoying.

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Been lucky so far. Especially when a few where I work, and I've been in close proximity to have had it. Due another booster soon

XX

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve never had it. I worked in the nhs on covid wards, managed a care home and my entire household had it (I tested daily and still didn’t get it).

I’ve no idea why, I went and supported a care home with a major outbreak within all staff and residents and still didn’t get it.

Mrs

Cookstown

"I’ve never had it. I worked in the nhs on covid wards, managed a care home and my entire household had it (I tested daily and still didn’t get it).

I’ve no idea why, I went and supported a care home with a major outbreak within all staff and residents and still didn’t get it.

Mrs "

It's been said that between 30 and 50% of people who caught COVID were asymptomatic.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s also been said that a lot of covid immunity is conferred by T cells - which cannot be easily measured. T cells are the reason some people get the cold a lot and others don’t - they also have a role in covid but all the modelling focussed on antibodies as they are easy to measure. Another flaw…!

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

After all this time we have never had a positive test for the covids, I guess we're just very lucky.

By *fternoonDelight69Man  over a year ago

Southampton

I doubt he'll get any more jabs."

Good man. Sometimes we have to tell it how it is despite the resistance. Hopefully he will survive despite taking these toxic jabs...

Southampton

"I’ve never had it. I worked in the nhs on covid wards, managed a care home and my entire household had it (I tested daily and still didn’t get it).

Mrs

It's been said that between 30 and 50% of people who caught COVID were asymptomatic."

Asymptomatic = no symptoms = not sick/infected.

When you say 'caught Covid' do you mean they had a positive test?

Cookstown

Mrs

It's been said that between 30 and 50% of people who caught COVID were asymptomatic.

When you say 'caught Covid' do you mean they had a positive test?"

Carrier whether tested or not

Southampton

Mrs

Carrier whether tested or not"

You do know that those PCR tests cannot test for an infection, don't you?

In other words a positive test result cannot be used to prove the existence of any infection.

If you doubt this, look for what the PCR test inventor, Kary Mullis RIP, said about this.

Durham

Mrs

In other words a positive test result cannot be used to prove the existence of any infection.

If you doubt this, look for what the PCR test inventor, Kary Mullis RIP, said about this. "

Firstly PCR test do tell if some is infected. They can't tell who of the infected is infectious and who isn't. Secondly Mullins didn't invent the PCR he did some work that went into it. Thirdly Mullins was a fruitcake especially later in life when he believed in amongst other things aliens and the non existence of AIDS. Fourthly he died a long time before COVID 19.

Teesside

Mrs

If you doubt this, look for what the PCR test inventor, Kary Mullis RIP, said about this.

Firstly PCR test do tell if some is infected. They can't tell who of the infected is infectious and who isn't. Secondly Mullins didn't invent the PCR he did some work that went into it. Thirdly Mullins was a fruitcake especially later in life when he believed in amongst other things aliens and the non existence of AIDS. Fourthly he died a long time before COVID 19."

A pcr can also detect inactive virus long after you are no longer infected so it's in no way an surefire indicator if you are infected.

By *winga2Man  over a year ago

Stranraer

Mrs

Firstly PCR test do tell if some is infected. They can't tell who of the infected is infectious and who isn't. Secondly Mullins didn't invent the PCR he did some work that went into it. Thirdly Mullins was a fruitcake especially later in life when he believed in amongst other things aliens and the non existence of AIDS. Fourthly he died a long time before COVID 19.A pcr can also detect inactive virus long after you are no longer infected so it's in no way an surefire indicator if you are infected. "

Depends on the measurement parameters used pal.

Teesside

Mrs

Firstly PCR test do tell if some is infected. They can't tell who of the infected is infectious and who isn't. Secondly Mullins didn't invent the PCR he did some work that went into it. Thirdly Mullins was a fruitcake especially later in life when he believed in amongst other things aliens and the non existence of AIDS. Fourthly he died a long time before COVID 19.A pcr can also detect inactive virus long after you are no longer infected so it's in no way an surefire indicator if you are infected.

Depends on the measurement parameters used pal."

I'm just basing it on what I was told at my first few pcr tests.

Stranraer

[Removed by poster at 19/01/23 16:42:27]

Stranraer

Mrs

Firstly PCR test do tell if some is infected. They can't tell who of the infected is infectious and who isn't. Secondly Mullins didn't invent the PCR he did some work that went into it. Thirdly Mullins was a fruitcake especially later in life when he believed in amongst other things aliens and the non existence of AIDS. Fourthly he died a long time before COVID 19.A pcr can also detect inactive virus long after you are no longer infected so it's in no way an surefire indicator if you are infected.

Depends on the measurement parameters used pal.I'm just basing it on what I was told at my first few pcr tests."

It's highly unlikely that anyone you'd have spoken to during your PCR rest would have had the slightest idea of how they work lol

Teesside

Mrs

Depends on the measurement parameters used pal.I'm just basing it on what I was told at my first few pcr tests.

It's highly unlikely that anyone you'd have spoken to during your PCR rest would have had the slightest idea of how they work lol"

So the nhs literature they were quoting was wrong too? I believe the advice at the time was not to do another pcr within 90 days.

Cookstown

Mrs

Depends on the measurement parameters used pal.I'm just basing it on what I was told at my first few pcr tests.

It's highly unlikely that anyone you'd have spoken to during your PCR rest would have had the slightest idea of how they work lolSo the nhs literature they were quoting was wrong too? I believe the advice at the time was not to do another pcr within 90 days."

They also believed you couldn't be reinfected with COVID

Research changes protocols and tests are continuously developed and updated.

PS PCR isn't a test, it's a technique

Teesside

Mrs

It's highly unlikely that anyone you'd have spoken to during your PCR rest would have had the slightest idea of how they work lolSo the nhs literature they were quoting was wrong too? I believe the advice at the time was not to do another pcr within 90 days.

PS PCR isn't a test, it's a technique "

Again, take it up with the gov and/or nhs. It was referred to all over their literature and website(s) as a pcr test and likely still is. Guess those government scientists don't know shit afterall

Cookstown

Mrs

It's highly unlikely that anyone you'd have spoken to during your PCR rest would have had the slightest idea of how they work lolSo the nhs literature they were quoting was wrong too? I believe the advice at the time was not to do another pcr within 90 days.

PS PCR isn't a test, it's a technique Again, take it up with the gov and/or nhs. It was referred to all over their literature and website(s) as a pcr test and likely still is. Guess those government scientists don't know shit afterall "

You seem a little confused as to what your argument is lol

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Try googling PCR for dummies or ask someone who works in an immunology lab.

By *antona33Man  over a year ago

collon

I hope all people are up to date with their boosters

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

Excess Death Statistics.

Caution. The ONS numbers may not be what you think they are.

For 2020 and 2021, the excess deaths were calculated using the average of the deaths during the five Covid-free years 2015 to 2019.

But for 2022, the five-year average was based on deaths during the years 2016 to 2019 plus those of 2021.

But 2021 was a "Covid" year, so 2022's excess deaths do not show the effect of the virus in the same way as the data for the previous two years did.

The numbers:

Five year average of years 2015 to 2019....................532,636

Five year average of years 2016 to 2019 plus 2021...542,014

Possible Covid deaths in the average used for 2022......9,378

For 2023, the ONS is using the five year average of deaths during the years 2017 to 2019, plus 2021 & 2022:

Five year average of years 2015 to 2019...........................532,636

Five year average of years 2017 to 2019, plus ‘21 & ‘22...552,499

Possible Covid deaths in the average used for 2022...........19,863

Using the average of the deaths during the five Covid-free years 2015 to 2019, the excess deaths for the three "Covid years" were:

Total...................179,001

Any attempts to assess the number of deaths due to Covid, flu, etc. will be based on the opinions of the remaining health professional in a sub-third-world national sick service.

And STILL about a third of the population votes in elections!

As Benjamin Disraeli is supposed to have said: 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

The numbers are from an MS Exhell .xls spreadsheet, which has details of all of the stats, and a bar chart. I'll send you a copy if you let me know your email address.

Teesside

Mrs

PS PCR isn't a test, it's a technique Again, take it up with the gov and/or nhs. It was referred to all over their literature and website(s) as a pcr test and likely still is. Guess those government scientists don't know shit afterall

You seem a little confused as to what your argument is lol

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Try googling PCR for dummies or ask someone who works in an immunology lab."

My argument is that a pcr test can detect covid for a period of time after infection, which it can. That hasn't changed. You however have made yourself look stupid by trying to be a smart arse. Now you are trying to insult me to avoid admitting that even the gov call it a pcr test and not a process.

Seems to be the way debate goes on this virus board. I'm done replying to you

» Add a new message to this topic