FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it long covid?

Is it long covid?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all maybe not the right place to ask but had covid a couple of months ago and since I have become better (or so I thought) I have been having some weird things happening.

Firstly I keep becoming very dizzy and have a few times even fallen over. It's just like my legs give way.

Also I have noticed that I am suffering with severe reflux now which is something that I never had before.

My asthma is also a lot worse and I still after a couple of months have coughing fits to a point I'm sick.

I have asked my Dr about this and he said it could be possible long covid but he couldn't tell me for sure.

Has anyone else had anything like this since they have had covid and any ideas on how I can as naturally as possible help with this (am on so much medication already, I don't want to add more)

Thanks x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have had those symptoms since having Covid about 2 months ago. Dizziness, shortness of breath to the point I some times have to stop talking during long conversations, definitely heart burn which I have hardly ever suffered from and generally tiredness. Bob.

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS  over a year ago

dudley

Been ill since nov/dec 2019didn’t realise at the time but It was more than likely Covid before it became “the in thing” I had dizzyness and tinnitus and also a cough and breathing problems along with acid reflux and joint pain and tiredness, I was diagnosed with coeliac disease after blood tests, I thought the acid reflux was being caused by taking ibuprofen, I now take lansoprazole which has sorted the acid and fostair (pink inhaler) which has sorted breathing problems, I have been under a long Covid clinic and been told that it can trigger autoimmune illnesses eg the coeliac disease, I’ve had Covid twice this year in April and again in October and it was very mild especially in Oct compared to how I was in 2019

By *MischiefxWoman  over a year ago

Astana

[Removed by poster at 14/12/22 19:15:55]

"I have had those symptoms since having Covid about 2 months ago. Dizziness, shortness of breath to the point I some times have to stop talking during long conversations, definitely heart burn which I have hardly ever suffered from and generally tiredness. Bob. "

It's really hard to deal with, especially when you have a really busy lifestyle. The heartburn really affects me.

Astana

"Hi all maybe not the right place to ask but had covid a couple of months ago and since I have become better (or so I thought) I have been having some weird things happening.

Firstly I keep becoming very dizzy and have a few times even fallen over. It's just like my legs give way.

Also I have noticed that I am suffering with severe reflux now which is something that I never had before.

My asthma is also a lot worse and I still after a couple of months have coughing fits to a point I'm sick.

I have asked my Dr about this and he said it could be possible long covid but he couldn't tell me for sure.

Has anyone else had anything like this since they have had covid and any ideas on how I can as naturally as possible help with this (am on so much medication already, I don't want to add more)

Thanks x "

I am sorry to read that you have been going through a difficult time since having covid Chrissy, it can absolutely knock you for six with all the symptoms you have mentioned.

I caught it in Nov 2020 and got off very lightly indeed in comparison to so many others but was left with the most horrendous debilitating headaches which lasted eighteen months or so.

Briefly, I decided that I no longer wanted to take so much prescribed medication that wasn’t working, did a huge amount of research and my amazing doctor agreed to prescribe me testosterone which apparently covid can totally wipe out in women.

Within 48 hours of using the gel my chronic headaches disappeared!! The side effect though is that you’re left with an abundance of energy and an insatiable sex drive, which I didn’t have an issue with in the first place!!

Seriously though, it may well be worth discussing the issue with your GP regarding your hormone levels and dizziness.

"Been ill since nov/dec 2019didn’t realise at the time but It was more than likely Covid before it became “the in thing” I had dizzyness and tinnitus and also a cough and breathing problems along with acid reflux and joint pain and tiredness, I was diagnosed with coeliac disease after blood tests, I thought the acid reflux was being caused by taking ibuprofen, I now take lansoprazole which has sorted the acid and fostair (pink inhaler) which has sorted breathing problems, I have been under a long Covid clinic and been told that it can trigger autoimmune illnesses eg the coeliac disease, I’ve had Covid twice this year in April and again in October and it was very mild especially in Oct compared to how I was in 2019"

Bless your heart. I am already on foxtail for asthma which I think has stopped me being worse than i am with this damn cough. I have had covid once and that was enough.

By *hirleyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Sounds just like how I was, albeit much more mildly, plus I don't have asthma. However I do feel for people who have some form of chronic illness and get covid, they tend to get longer lasting effects from the infection.

I don't know to say definitely but myself and others I know have seemed to get over it, eventually.

Drs won't tell you it's long covid as there's not enough scientific evidence

By *stwo7478Couple  over a year ago

bristol

I caught it about this time last year knocked me for 6 for around 2/3 days

Come January I noticed I would get out of breath easier than I did before walking even during sex etc this went on til the summer and of walked to far would get shoulder pains

Roll

Onto end Feb was still

Bad a cough which can describe coughing off lungs

Then started getting the dizziness bit and chest pains til

Point I collapsed but didn’t loose consciousness but near enough fainted

Ambulance was out and I was taken in for suspected heart attack all

The test and tube through vein to check

Heart and that all

Came back

Fine

Doctor was stumped and said could be long Covid but we just don’t know

Anyway from then until

A few weeks ago never had the faintness chest pains again but still

Get our breath easy but was improving with time under walking or sex but was gradually getting better or lasting longer lol

Only 3/4 weeks ago

The cough has gone also

Did notice since then I started getting down in the dumps

Or snapping heads off etc then be fine again then back

Again and anyone who

Knows me I’ve got nothing around me to be depressed or even getting angry or easily stressed about marriage 100% work

Was good if I had the interest and luckily no

Financial

Issues just couldn’t get my head around it as always been a strong person etc

The acid reflux I’ve had for years and take

Tablets but never noticed but now you have mentioned it I have noticed it coming on more this year than did before

But fingers crossed last 5 weeks feel

Better In myself and the cough gone to

Sleeping was another issue aswell not tired and up

Tip

Early hours etc

By *stwo7478Couple  over a year ago

bristol

"I caught it about this time last year knocked me for 6 for around 2/3 days

Come January I noticed I would get out of breath easier than I did before walking even during sex etc this went on til the summer and of walked to far would get shoulder pains

Roll

Onto end Feb was still

Heart and that all

Came back

Fine

Anyway from then until

Get our breath easy but was improving with time under walking or sex but was gradually getting better or lasting longer lol

Only 3/4 weeks ago

The cough has gone also

Again and anyone who

Knows me I’ve got nothing around me to be depressed or even getting angry or easily stressed about marriage 100% work

Financial

Tablets but never noticed but now you have mentioned it I have noticed it coming on more this year than did before

Tip

Early hours etc

"

From mr

Just in case different effects between men or woman

"Hi all maybe not the right place to ask but had covid a couple of months ago and since I have become better (or so I thought) I have been having some weird things happening.

Thanks x

I am sorry to read that you have been going through a difficult time since having covid Chrissy, it can absolutely knock you for six with all the symptoms you have mentioned.

I caught it in Nov 2020 and got off very lightly indeed in comparison to so many others but was left with the most horrendous debilitating headaches which lasted eighteen months or so.

Briefly, I decided that I no longer wanted to take so much prescribed medication that wasn’t working, did a huge amount of research and my amazing doctor agreed to prescribe me testosterone which apparently covid can totally wipe out in women.

Within 48 hours of using the gel my chronic headaches disappeared!! The side effect though is that you’re left with an abundance of energy and an insatiable sex drive, which I didn’t have an issue with in the first place!!

Seriously though, it may well be worth discussing the issue with your GP regarding your hormone levels and dizziness. "

I'm so glad that you are feeling so much better. Having had cancer in 2010 and having a hysterectomy I hit menopause at 30 and no HRT at all. Dr's always put everything down to my mental health or menopause but I'm going to go back for a second opinion. Thank you so much for your help xx

By *uff and FruitCouple  over a year ago

ely

I got Covid for the 1st time October 2021 and immediately began with breathlessness after climbing the stairs or any exercise..

I've had various appointments with the Long Covid team and going for another appointment in a week. My heart rate increases terribly with exercise but they believe it is my breathing causing my heart rate to raise. Realistically for me, it is learning to live with it.

Before Covid I was extremely fit but since then struggled.

It hits people in different ways so I hope everyone improves over time x

"I caught it about this time last year knocked me for 6 for around 2/3 days

Roll

Onto end Feb was still

Heart and that all

Came back

Fine

Anyway from then until

Only 3/4 weeks ago

The cough has gone also

Again and anyone who

Financial

Tip

Early hours etc

"

Oh bless you and there's me worrying about the few little things I have. You are such a strong person to go through all of that and still keep going.

I have noticed that I have also become an insomniac as it is almost as though my brain wouldn't shut down but have put that down to bipolar. You saying that I have struggled with my sleep a lot more since I have had covid xx

By *ixenandvikingCouple  over a year ago

readbio

This sounds like long covid to me. I’ve had covid four times but unfortunately it’s left me with lasting effects. The main one being vertigo. I’m really sorry you are going through this. Apparently it can take years to settle itself. I wish you the very best. X

By *anyaTgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

Could it be the vaccination causing this ??..

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Could it be the vaccination causing this ??.."

No.

Astana

No absolutely not in my opinion.

By *lecom1Couple  over a year ago

Stornoway

Why would you say this?

By *hitehunter4bbcMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Thanks x "

Did it happen after your jab by any chance

By *affy72Woman  over a year ago

Herefordshire

Chrissybee, do you take any supplements? If not, then I would definitely recommend vitamin D3, together with vitamin K2 Mk7 and zinc. These would all help with your recovery.

I have trouble with sleeping now I've hit menopause but try to take magnesium just before bedtime (a few hours after my evening meal) as it's meant to help with sleep issues as it's a relaxant. It will also help with indigestion, migraines, heart health, restless legs, etc. Last night I took a montmorency cherry capsule which is also meant to help with sleep. It worked well for me as I overslept this morning!!

Hope you feel better soon x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Given long Covid was first observed in mid 2020 - yes. Obviously. Because the vaccination reaches back in time, so profound is its evil.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

The vaccination's culpability is no more or less than the Marx Brothers' involvement in this sorry saga.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

You've not thought through....

Winston

By *neYouLookingForMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I never heard unvaccinated person complain about long covid

so maybe.

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Fabswingers is always my go to place for health advice

No it isent covid is covid simple

I had major dizziness + lack of energy following covid. Am vacc'd x 3 (need to get my 4th). Had to give up the gym and can't do anything after 8pm due to lack of energy /tiredness

Went to Dr's thinking it was lack of vit D (was 100% certain!), but that was fine.

Have stopped feeling dizzy almost 4 months later, and energy increased a little but still nowhere like what i had previously - started taking iron to see if that helps

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure there are adult versions of this, but the organisation that springs to mind, that might have information to help people, is Long Covid Kids.

Dizziness - maybe look into POTS (I'm not at all medically qualified)

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

The vax has actually eased some peoples symptoms of long covid strangely enough

By *orkshirefucktruck1Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

Not knowingly had covid but 3rd jab took my energy quite quickly.from fit i became out of breath with stairs.dizzy spells.acid at night when layed on left side.loss of apetite.no motivation.feels like im functioning on one lung.a year on still same.no doctor visit as living in hope i get better

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Suggest asking your gp and not people on fab.

Your symptoms could be coincidence that they occurred a few months after having covid and could be unrelated and serious.

Best get it checked out by a medical professional.

Weirdly enough _naswingdress reported that people are going to Europe to have long covid investigated and it appears it can cause micro blood clots which lead to poor health.

Im sure I have seen evidence that the vaccine has caused blood clots which resulted in death for some poor individuals

May be thats why some question the narrative.

It could be that I have got this completely wrong as my carbon impregnated nano tech 5g repelling hat that I bought from fizer and was told it was 90% effective has a crack in it. Still at least I can take it off.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Could it be the vaccination causing this ??..

Weirdly enough _naswingdress reported that people are going to Europe to have long covid investigated and it appears it can cause micro blood clots which lead to poor health.

Im sure I have seen evidence that the vaccine has caused blood clots which resulted in death for some poor individuals

It could be that I have got this completely wrong as my carbon impregnated nano tech 5g repelling hat that I bought from fizer and was told it was 90% effective has a crack in it. Still at least I can take it off. "

Believe it or not people have been dying of blood clots for a long time, even non vaccinated are dying from blood clots when they haven't caught COVID ... Dont throw away your tin foil hat yet.

By *amelaXTV/TS  over a year ago

Swindon

Long Covid is purely a state of mind.

A buzz phrase dreamed up by the listeners on the Jeremy Vine show.

By *erverts AnonymousMan  over a year ago

Darkest desires

"Long Covid is purely a state of mind.

A buzz phrase dreamed up by the listeners on the Jeremy Vine show."

This

Imagine all those medical professionals and their years of research and study in a particular field being told they've no idea what they're talking about and the very thing they've just diagnosed is just a figment of their patients imagination.

What a time to be alive.

Winston

Cookstown

They also said homosexuality can be cured as it's a state of mind.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"Suggest asking your gp and not people on fab.

Your symptoms could be coincidence that they occurred a few months after having covid and could be unrelated and serious.

Best get it checked out by a medical professional."

It could be that I have got this completely wrong as my carbon impregnated nano tech 5g repelling hat that I bought from fizer and was told it was 90% effective has a crack in it. Still at least I can take it off.

Believe it or not people have been dying of blood clots for a long time, even non vaccinated are dying from blood clots when they haven't caught COVID ... Dont throw away your tin foil hat yet.

"

I've told you its not tim foil.

So people are dying from blood clots and _naswingdress tells us doctors are finding small blood clots which could be causing long covid however you state people have been dying from clots for years. So the your countering her argument Seems to me that if you look close enough at a problem you can find any result that fits your agenda.

Thats a very poor argument.

You may well benefit from one of our hats. If you mesaage me I will give you details of the construction

So people are dying from blood clots and _naswingdress tells us doctors are finding small blood clots which could be causing long covid however you state people have been dying from clots for years. So the your countering her argument Seems to me that if you look close enough at a problem you can find any result that fits your agenda.

You may well benefit from one of our hats. If you mesaage me I will give you details of the construction

"

You can also find something that fits your agenda if you don't look too hard.

I'm amazed at how some people see a plainly written article and see words and meanings that aren't even there.

Winston

Cookstown

"

So are you trying say blood clots didn't exist before COVID ?

There's a paper peer reviewed last week stating there's no evidence of correlation between the vaccine and enhanced risk or clots or heart disease but there's is evidence that people who caught COVID have a higher incidence of both.

You'll probably not want to find it as it's not on YouTube.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Don't try to use me as an authority for your beliefs.

Long Covid was documented before vaccinations began. Blood clots have many causes that have been documented for years.

The idea that everything - from blood clots to environmental initiatives in Oxford, to credit cards, and more besides - boils down to a unitary theory of evil deeds - is the hallmark of conspiracy theories. It's certainly not anything I subscribe to.

There's a paper peer reviewed last week stating there's no evidence of correlation between the vaccine and enhanced risk or clots or heart disease but there's is evidence that people who caught COVID have a higher incidence of both.

You'll probably not want to find it as it's not on YouTube."

Oh my goodness. You are making things up now. I didnt say blood clots didn't exist before covid.

My point which is easy to understand is that long Covid could be the result if micro blood clots and this is being investigated yet you tell us that people have been suffered and died from blood clots before covid.

It is accepted that the vaccine has caused blood clots and death.

Your argument doesn't work both ways.

The very interesting fact is that ONS does not have or won't publish how many people reporting long covid have been vaccinated or not.

Surely this is very important information especially as they are still pushing boosters and now aiming at jabbing as many children as possible.

An American medical journal has published a report stating.

Unvaccinated are more likely to be involved in road crash.

It is a seriously flawed report and shows just how desperate they are.

Oh my goodness. You are making things up now. I didnt say blood clots didn't exist before covid.

My point which is easy to understand is that long Covid could be the result if micro blood clots and this is being investigated yet you tell us that people have been suffered and died from blood clots before covid.

The very interesting fact is that ONS does not have or won't publish how many people reporting long covid have been vaccinated or not.

Surely this is very important information especially as they are still pushing boosters and now aiming at jabbing as many children as possible.

It is a seriously flawed report and shows just how desperate they are. "

Is it the ONS doesn't have the details, or they won't publish?

It can't be both.

Winston

It can't be both.

Winston "

Well strangely enough it doesn't have to be both the reault is the same.

Cookstown

[Removed by poster at 22/12/22 21:13:29]

Cookstown

Used the green arrow, it's a wrap, bye

"Used the green arrow, it's a wrap, bye"

I dont know what that means however i hope it makes you happy.

Peace and love brother

It can't be both.

Winston

Well strangely enough it doesn't have to be both the reault is the same. "

You're quite right, if the ONS doesn't have the data or won't publish it, the result is the same, the result is, you don't know what the facts are.

And yet you state quite clearly what the facts are. You're simply making things up.

Winston

It can't be both.

Winston

You're quite right, if the ONS doesn't have the data or won't publish it, the result is the same, the result is, you don't know what the facts are.

And yet you state quite clearly what the facts are. You're simply making things up.

Winston "

And your simply choosing to not understand . Its very simple my intellectual friend. If they want to prove the vaccine is safe and affective then they should publish the most basic data that would conform it is. Funnily enough im sure you remember the 90% effective at the start then over the months it dropped to 45% effective. No one has yet explained to us what these figure mean. How can a treatment that doesn't stop you catching the virus or passing it on be 90% effective. Then over time reduced to 45% effective. If it was referring to preventing hospital admissions and slowing transmission like all you supporters state then all those figures were purely subjective as they had no idea who would have been hospitalised as again we have been told many times that the virus seemed to have terrible deathly results on anyone regardless of their previous health history.

If what im saying is made up then please go and find the simple figures that would support your argument. When you show me using ONS data that the majority of people with long Covid aren't vaccinated then I will be happy to re asses my opinion.

Looking forward to our next discussion. Your always good value

Winston x

It can't be both.

Winston

Winston

And your simply choosing to not understand . Its very simple my intellectual friend. If they want to prove the vaccine is safe and affective then they should publish the most basic data that would conform it is. Funnily enough im sure you remember the 90% effective at the start then over the months it dropped to 45% effective. No one has yet explained to us what these figure mean. How can a treatment that doesn't stop you catching the virus or passing it on be 90% effective. Then over time reduced to 45% effective. If it was referring to preventing hospital admissions and slowing transmission like all you supporters state then all those figures were purely subjective as they had no idea who would have been hospitalised as again we have been told many times that the virus seemed to have terrible deathly results on anyone regardless of their previous health history.

If what im saying is made up then please go and find the simple figures that would support your argument. When you show me using ONS data that the majority of people with long Covid aren't vaccinated then I will be happy to re asses my opinion.

Winston x"

You miss my point.

You are stating as a fact xyz are happening.

You pose the question "does the ONS not have the data or are they hiding it?"

If they don't have the data, you haven't seen it (it doesn't exist) ergo your fact cannot be correct.

If they are hiding it, you haven't seen it, ergo your fact cannot be correct.

If it doesn't exist, or you haven't seen it, your "fact" cannot be correct.

Winston

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

I don't know about "long covid" but heard there is something going around called ABV.

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't know about "long covid" but heard there is something going around called ABV."

Yes, it is the law to list alcohol by volume. Drink responsibly during the festive season.

It can't be both.

Winston

Winston

Winston x

You miss my point.

If they don't have the data, you haven't seen it (it doesn't exist) ergo your fact cannot be correct.

Winston "

I am right Winston. If not then you show me the figures I have missed.

Teesside

Imagine all those medical professionals and their years of research and study in a particular field being told they've no idea what they're talking about and the very thing they've just diagnosed is just a figment of their patients imagination.

What a time to be alive.

Winston

"

To be fair long covid is just a buzzword. Isn't it just post viral syndrome? Like you can get from lots of different viruses.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

What a time to be alive.

Winston

To be fair long covid is just a buzzword. Isn't it just post viral syndrome? Like you can get from lots of different viruses. "

It is but long covid also has things like lung and other organ damage not seen in a lot of viruses.

It can't be both.

Winston

Winston

Winston x

You miss my point.

Winston

"

I'm not the one stating a fact above vaccines/blood clots/death. You are.

I'm merely pointing out that your claim (vaccines/blood clots/death) and your comment regarding the ONS are mutually exclusive.

Let me put it another way...

You've claimed vaccines cause blood clots and people have died.

You also said "The ONS don't have the statistics, or they're covering it up".

So........ if the ONS don't have the statistics, or are covering it up, (obviously you/we) havent seen it, how do you know that vaccines cause blood clots and people die?

What have you seen? Feel free to share.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

So you're right because evidence doesn't exist or hasn't been produced?

That... makes no fucking sense. That means everything is true. King Charles is a pterodactyl. The royal family have not produced evidence disproving this. Therefore I'm correct.

Teesside

It can't be both.

Winston

Winston

Winston x

You miss my point.

Winston

I'm merely pointing out that your claim (vaccines/blood clots/death) and your comment regarding the ONS are mutually exclusive.

So........ if the ONS don't have the statistics, or are covering it up, (obviously you/we) havent seen it, how do you know that vaccines cause blood clots and people die?

Winston

"

There was an article on the BBC last week about a death from blood clot caused by the vaccine. So it does happen.

Teesside

"So you're right because evidence doesn't exist or hasn't been produced?

That... makes no fucking sense. That means everything is true. King Charles is a pterodactyl. The royal family have not produced evidence disproving this. Therefore I'm correct. "

I'd buy that. Has that look

Manchester (she/her)

It can't be both.

Winston

Winston

Winston x

You miss my point.

Winston

Winston

There was an article on the BBC last week about a death from blood clot caused by the vaccine. So it does happen."

Yes. It can happen. It's documented. It's very rare after some of the vaccines, in particular groups.

That's a long way from what's actually being suggested in this thread.

Manchester (she/her)

That... makes no fucking sense. That means everything is true. King Charles is a pterodactyl. The royal family have not produced evidence disproving this. Therefore I'm correct. I'd buy that. Has that look "

I just want evidence to mean things FFS

Why is this too much to ask

Teesside

That... makes no fucking sense. That means everything is true. King Charles is a pterodactyl. The royal family have not produced evidence disproving this. Therefore I'm correct. I'd buy that. Has that look

Why is this too much to ask "

I see no evidence he isn't a pterodactyl

I'm gonna get invited to the "rulers are lizards club" aren't I?

Teesside

It can't be both.

Winston

Winston

Winston x

You miss my point.

Winston

Winston

There was an article on the BBC last week about a death from blood clot caused by the vaccine. So it does happen.

Yes. It can happen. It's documented. It's very rare after some of the vaccines, in particular groups.

That's a long way from what's actually being suggested in this thread."

Just pointing out that it does happen. I personally also know of three cases. All linked to AZ jab. Thankfully not to that extreme but still. It happens

Manchester (she/her)

That... makes no fucking sense. That means everything is true. King Charles is a pterodactyl. The royal family have not produced evidence disproving this. Therefore I'm correct. I'd buy that. Has that look

Why is this too much to ask I see no evidence he isn't a pterodactyl

I'm gonna get invited to the "rulers are lizards club" aren't I?"

I went for pterodactyl because lizard was too obvious

But it's the same argument!

There's no published evidence on X, therefore whatever the fuck I say about X is right.

Donald Trump is secretly from New Zealand and the lizard people were fine with him being POTUS anyway because look look you can't disprove it!

Manchester (she/her)

It can't be both.

Winston

Winston

Winston x

You miss my point.

Winston

Winston

That's a long way from what's actually being suggested in this thread.Just pointing out that it does happen. I personally also know of three cases. All linked to AZ jab. Thankfully not to that extreme but still. It happens "

Of course. All medications have risks, up to and including serious risks. And it's awful when it happens. I speak from both personal and family experience.

But it undermines the claims of those who do suffer adverse effects to lump them in with nonsense.

Teesside

The lizards thrive on chaos! It's the only answer!

I was at a houseparty one night and my mate told this bloke I'd never met that I like conspiracies. Started off all innocent, talking about jfk and other reality based conspiracies. Next thing he's on about the hollow moon and the lizard overlords. First time I'd ever heard about it. I spent about an hour trying to prove him wrong and ended up with a headache.

Now he's a flat earther and I see him wheeled out on local radio to talk about it

Manchester (she/her)

"The lizards thrive on chaos! It's the only answer!

I was at a houseparty one night and my mate told this bloke I'd never met that I like conspiracies. Started off all innocent, talking about jfk and other reality based conspiracies. Next thing he's on about the hollow moon and the lizard overlords. First time I'd ever heard about it. I spent about an hour trying to prove him wrong and ended up with a headache.

Now he's a flat earther and I see him wheeled out on local radio to talk about it "

Obviously. Any answer that doesn't lead back to the lizard people is just the lizard people covering up the truth. See? Proof conclusive.

Now he's a flat earther and I see him wheeled out on local radio to talk about it "

How does a flat earther feel about being "wheeled" out.....

Winston

Mayfair

"...That means everything is true. King Charles is a pterodactyl. The royal family have not produced evidence disproving this. Therefore I'm correct. "

Swing...are you okay, Hun?

Teesside

"

But it undermines the claims of those who do suffer adverse effects to lump them in with nonsense."

It also undermines those claims when it's written off as "covid causes clots too" or "clots happen naturally"

Manchester (she/her)

"...That means everything is true. King Charles is a pterodactyl. The royal family have not produced evidence disproving this. Therefore I'm correct.

Swing...are you okay, Hun? "

Merely displaying the line of reasoning and how quickly it breaks down

Teesside

Now he's a flat earther and I see him wheeled out on local radio to talk about it

Winston "

He'd like it I think! A wheel is his preference for earth shape

Manchester (she/her)

"

But it undermines the claims of those who do suffer adverse effects to lump them in with nonsense.It also undermines those claims when it's written off as "covid causes clots too" or "clots happen naturally""

Maybe? I'm not sure.

The causes of clots (and myocarditis) should be known. Both to help people and to improve overall health.

What's the risk of vaccination, not vaccination, and how does that intersect with infection?

It's intellectually honest to say that clots happen for a variety of reasons, and have been causally linked to some vaccines and some Covid infections.

Therefore - assess risk. Numerically and/or according to personal medical history.

Some of the claims, it seems to me, are bullshit. Some are valid. Some are unknown and should be investigated.

I'm not sure why knowing various causes of (insert side effect here) is a bad thing.

One of my parents nearly died following a vaccine when I was little. Risk from the vaccine, about one in a million. Risk from the vaccine preventable disease, about one in ten thousand.

I'm not sure how acknowledging that the adverse effect occurs in other ways diminishes what my parent has been through, which is lifelong disability thereafter.

Teesside

I see those odds used a lot. It still matters little to that 1 person who is unlucky.

I can use odds to show how the "lockdown" measures weren't needed for everyone. I was under 40, no health conditions, fit, healthy and at very low risk of any serious case of covid. Why should I have had my life restricted during "lockdown" the odds say I would have been fine, and subsequently was, the 3 times I've had covid that I know of.

The above is a devil's advocate argument. I loved lockdown. No one about, no pressure to have to interact with people, no traffic and 60% less idiots at work cause of furlough. If they'd left gyms open I'd have been happy as a pig in shit.

Teesside

Also, sorry to hear about your parent. That is awful

Winston He'd like it I think! A wheel is his preference for earth shape "

I was at a party a while back, flat earther getting agitated trying to force his opinions on everyone else, the discussion got a bit heated. Not violent though.

He said he was leaving because he didn't like the atmosphere. (The one he'd created)

Some wag shouted out, "don't you mean the atmosflat?"

Winston

Teesside

I have some family members who are similar and gatherings usually end up with me arguing against the latest conspiracy they are balls deep in. Flat earth was a big one for a while.

I love a conspiracy but it has to be grounded in reality for me, with some solid proof. Not something a ten year old and some sticks in the dirt can disprove if they put in some effort

Manchester (she/her)

"Also, sorry to hear about your parent. That is awful "

No, it doesn't matter to that one person. As I know.

But it matters on a population level. If a million people are put at risk (using the stats from my family) and the risk is a million to one, there's one personal tragedy. If it's one in ten thousand, there are one hundred tragedies.

My family - including my parent - are in favour of less tragedies. Even though we got unlucky.

Manchester (she/her)

" I have some family members who are similar and gatherings usually end up with me arguing against the latest conspiracy they are balls deep in. Flat earth was a big one for a while.

I love a conspiracy but it has to be grounded in reality for me, with some solid proof. Not something a ten year old and some sticks in the dirt can disprove if they put in some effort"

I find conspiracies entertaining but as speculative fiction. Not when they enter the real world.

Teesside

"Also, sorry to hear about your parent. That is awful

But it matters on a population level. If a million people are put at risk (using the stats from my family) and the risk is a million to one, there's one personal tragedy. If it's one in ten thousand, there are one hundred tragedies.

My family - including my parent - are in favour of less tragedies. Even though we got unlucky."

I agree. I'm in no way saying don't get vaccinated for the record. I also don't support being coerced into it by fear however.

If I had to so it all again, I'd likely still get my covid jabs, despite the risks as I got AZ. I didnt have any negative outcome and who knows how much it helped with my subsequent covid infections.

Mayfair

Winston He'd like it I think! A wheel is his preference for earth shape

I was at a party a while back, flat earther getting agitated trying to force his opinions on everyone else, the discussion got a bit heated. Not violent though.

He said he was leaving because he didn't like the atmosphere. (The one he'd created)

Winston "

Winston, do you remember Russ Abbot and his top hit "Atmosphere"?

https://youtu.be/RFPLk5mJ1D4

Teesside

" I have some family members who are similar and gatherings usually end up with me arguing against the latest conspiracy they are balls deep in. Flat earth was a big one for a while.

I love a conspiracy but it has to be grounded in reality for me, with some solid proof. Not something a ten year old and some sticks in the dirt can disprove if they put in some effort

I find conspiracies entertaining but as speculative fiction. Not when they enter the real world."

Most of the conspiracies I read about are either proven or as close as we'll ever get to being proven while documents are sealed.

Manchester (she/her)

"Also, sorry to hear about your parent. That is awful

My family - including my parent - are in favour of less tragedies. Even though we got unlucky.I agree. I'm in no way saying don't get vaccinated for the record. I also don't support being coerced into it by fear however.

If I had to so it all again, I'd likely still get my covid jabs, despite the risks as I got AZ. I didnt have any negative outcome and who knows how much it helped with my subsequent covid infections."

I think that societal responsibility is a motivation for vaccination in some cases. I'm not saying that it should be the only or the primary motivation - and it's behind vaccine mandates, which are much more contentious.

But on the idea (not working so well for Covid now, but in early 2021 it seemed to be true) that vaccines reduce onward transmission, it is one factor that some people want to consider.

Also, what's fear versus risk assessment? I'm not going into the details of my parent's case because privacy etc. It's a condition that it's not wholly irrational to fear. However, cold hard facts, disabling to fatal condition - vaccination is at 1/100th of the risk. (My parent was at the time fit, healthy, no conditions, early 30s. If it matters)

Winston He'd like it I think! A wheel is his preference for earth shape

Winston

Winston, do you remember Russ Abbot and his top hit "Atmosphere"?

https://youtu.be/RFPLk5mJ1D4"

Before my time.

Winston

Teesside

You can't make an informed choice whilst you are constantly scared. Its a reaction, not a choice. This was especially prevalent during covid, not one paper/news outlet reported that the mass majority of people survive covid with no fuss. It was all deaths, NHS is collapsing, no beds, bodies piled in the street and more scaremongering to sell papers.

That's before they started on the no vaccine no travel, no job, no medical treatment and increasing increments depending on how rabid the outlet was.

I know lots of people who got vaxxed purely for reasons that didnt include protecting themselves or others, all brought on through fear of exclusion.

Personally I got vaxxed because I believed that it stopped onward transmission more than it does. I had elderly and vulnerable relatives/neighbours I was helping daily.

"This sounds like long covid to me. I’ve had covid four times but unfortunately it’s left me with lasting effects. The main one being vertigo. I’m really sorry you are going through this. Apparently it can take years to settle itself. I wish you the very best. X "

Bless you hunni, it's a horrible feeling, especially when you didn't have these symptoms before Covid. xx

Manchester (she/her)

"You can't make an informed choice whilst you are constantly scared. Its a reaction, not a choice. This was especially prevalent during covid, not one paper/news outlet reported that the mass majority of people survive covid with no fuss. It was all deaths, NHS is collapsing, no beds, bodies piled in the street and more scaremongering to sell papers.

That's before they started on the no vaccine no travel, no job, no medical treatment and increasing increments depending on how rabid the outlet was.

I know lots of people who got vaxxed purely for reasons that didnt include protecting themselves or others, all brought on through fear of exclusion.

Personally I got vaxxed because I believed that it stopped onward transmission more than it does. I had elderly and vulnerable relatives/neighbours I was helping daily."

I have no idea how you separate the emotions of a global disaster, practically, from consent.

Or even individual stuff. I consented to my first surgery in agony, they wanted to find out why. (They found out and fixed it during the surgery) Was my consent invalid? How would you gain consent in such a circumstance? Was I supposed to not be afraid that I was in agony and no one knew why?

"You can't make an informed choice whilst you are constantly scared. Its a reaction, not a choice. This was especially prevalent during covid, not one paper/news outlet reported that the mass majority of people survive covid with no fuss. It was all deaths, NHS is collapsing, no beds, bodies piled in the street and more scaremongering to sell papers.

Personally I got vaxxed because I believed that it stopped onward transmission more than it does. I had elderly and vulnerable relatives/neighbours I was helping daily."

I was vaxxed because I have severe asthma and wanted to protect myself. I also have a disabled son who has no immune system at all so wanted to make sure that there was less risk of spreading it to him. I was never one for scaremongering at all to be honest. Just wanted that protection. The truth of it is though that regardless, people have come out of it with symptoms and some people life changing conditions since they have had a bout of Covid, even those vaxxed. That is not scaremongering, that is real life and these people like myself now need to live with these changes xx

Teesside

Well I separated mine but turning off the TV and avoiding click bait tabloid news.

It's easier to look at facts when it isn't 24/7 doom. Funnily enough it was around same time I started to enjoy lockdown and my mental health took a massive boost.

As for consent while in agonising pain, I have no clue where to draw the line on that one. You aren't likely in the state of mind that you could be held to a legally binding contract.

Manchester (she/her)

"Well I separated mine but turning off the TV and avoiding click bait tabloid news.

It's easier to look at facts when it isn't 24/7 doom. Funnily enough it was around same time I started to enjoy lockdown and my mental health took a massive boost.

As for consent while in agonising pain, I have no clue where to draw the line on that one. You aren't likely in the state of mind that you could be held to a legally binding contract."

Well, I consented to surgery under those circumstances. And the surgery went ahead.

I don't think consent can ever be cleanly logic based. Humans don't work like that.

It should be based on the best evidence available, but emotions can't be eliminated.

Teesside

Personally I got vaxxed because I believed that it stopped onward transmission more than it does. I had elderly and vulnerable relatives/neighbours I was helping daily.

I was vaxxed because I have severe asthma and wanted to protect myself. I also have a disabled son who has no immune system at all so wanted to make sure that there was less risk of spreading it to him. I was never one for scaremongering at all to be honest. Just wanted that protection. The truth of it is though that regardless, people have come out of it with symptoms and some people life changing conditions since they have had a bout of Covid, even those vaxxed. That is not scaremongering, that is real life and these people like myself now need to live with these changes xx"

It is scaremongering however when all you report is those cases, of the long term health conditions, of the serious outcomes. Same applies to vaccines to an extent.

Joe blogs getting covid 3 times with zero issues and breezing through his 4 jabs with no side effects doesn't get clicks to sell ads.

Teesside

"Well I separated mine but turning off the TV and avoiding click bait tabloid news.

As for consent while in agonising pain, I have no clue where to draw the line on that one. You aren't likely in the state of mind that you could be held to a legally binding contract.

Well, I consented to surgery under those circumstances. And the surgery went ahead.

I don't think consent can ever be cleanly logic based. Humans don't work like that.

It should be based on the best evidence available, but emotions can't be eliminated."

Eliminated, def not but to make the best possible decision emotion should be limited as best as it can.

Every bad decision in my life has been emotion based. Every single one. I'd likely not change any of them now though.

Manchester (she/her)

It should be based on the best evidence available, but emotions can't be eliminated.Eliminated, def not but to make the best possible decision emotion should be limited as best as it can.

Every bad decision in my life has been emotion based. Every single one. I'd likely not change any of them now though."

Sure.

I think in this specific instance, our disagreement is a matter of degree

By *iss pleasuringWoman  over a year ago

SELBY

Just my thoughts

We've been isolated for 18 months

Wearing masks

So now our.immune system is poor

I don't know how they can say its Long xovid. The virus hasn't had enough science behind it

Manchester (she/her)

"Just my thoughts

Wearing masks

I don't know how they can say its Long xovid. The virus hasn't had enough science behind it "

Immune debt, as a hypothesis, will certainly be put to the test. It'll be interesting to see the effects of the virus over time and if they conform to the notion that social distancing has made illness worse.

SELBY

"Just my thoughts

Wearing masks

I don't know how they can say its Long xovid. The virus hasn't had enough science behind it

Immune debt, as a hypothesis, will certainly be put to the test. It'll be interesting to see the effects of the virus over time and if they conform to the notion that social distancing has made illness worse."

Having said that. The virus is said to been made in a lab. So in which case there would be some science

Manchester (she/her)

"Just my thoughts

Wearing masks

Immune debt, as a hypothesis, will certainly be put to the test. It'll be interesting to see the effects of the virus over time and if they conform to the notion that social distancing has made illness worse.

Having said that. The virus is said to been made in a lab. So in which case there would be some science "

That seems to be in direct contradiction to what you said earlier.

By *reamytitwankCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Reflux could be low stomach as. Low stomach acid has same symptoms as high.

Also low ferritin can make asthma symptoms worse. Since I've raised my ferritin to nearly 200 I no longer use my asthma pump.

SELBY

"Just my thoughts

Wearing masks

Having said that. The virus is said to been made in a lab. So in which case there would be some science

That seems to be in direct contradiction to what you said earlier."

I know, well its Friday night and Christmas is around the corner so my brain is working rather slow

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

I got the first symptoms of reflux after my first jab of Pfizer and it got really bad after the second jab. I've been for tests. I've heard reflux is not uncommon in folks who got Pfizerrd. Didn't get the booster because of it

Teesside

"I got the first symptoms of reflux after my first jab of Pfizer and it got really bad after the second jab. I've been for tests. I've heard reflux is not uncommon in folks who got Pfizerrd. Didn't get the booster because of it "
See, it's greggs sausage rolls that do it to me

By *alleyDaveMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I tested positive for Covid in March this year despite having 2 covid vaccines plus a booster. I lost 3 stone in 4 months , developed severe fatigue, panic attacks, insomnia, loss of appetite, headaches. Nine months later I'm still suffering from the same. Seen my GP a few times, and he has said he is sure it's long covid as I didn't have any of these problems before I tested positive in March.

By *ukelMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Thanks x "

Hi maybe not what your looking for in particular but in terms of long covid I’ve had a personally close friend experience symptoms months after which were completely unlike the standard covid symptoms, mainly they felt extremely anxious ( never had anxiety or panic attacks) but it took over their life and when my friend went to the doctor about it he was referred to get blood tests which in turn showed that he had long term covid. It’s actually a rising kind of symptom myself and him researched about it and came across a case were a man 42 years old who worked on farms all of his life couldn’t even get out of bed in the morning because he was riddled with anxiety and worry (again never had these feelings before) so I’d definitely suggest going to do blood tests and sincerely hope you get on well. Ps my mate is completely on top of it now and flying in life so it’s not something to ruin your life

By *ukelMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I tested positive for Covid in March this year despite having 2 covid vaccines plus a booster. I lost 3 stone in 4 months , developed severe fatigue, panic attacks, insomnia, loss of appetite, headaches. Nine months later I'm still suffering from the same. Seen my GP a few times, and he has said he is sure it's long covid as I didn't have any of these problems before I tested positive in March. "

Just seen this post on the form I replied myself if you want to take a look at a similar case

Suffice to say that there's more we don't know about long COVID than we do know. Clearly something is happening but we haven't understood it yet. On the positive side, research is now being done which may also help those who suffer from chronic fatigue, such as ME, where people have just been left to get on with it.

By *verAverageLaxedMaverickMan  over a year ago

London

Makes you wonder if the jab has something to do with it , I know many unjabbed that have caught it and not one has had long Covid , seems the unjabbed are catching Covid a lot less too it really does make you wonder ...

"Makes you wonder if the jab has something to do with it , I know many unjabbed that have caught it and not one has had long Covid , seems the unjabbed are catching Covid a lot less too it really does make you wonder ..."

No-one yet knows. Or if it's the other way round. Still being researched.

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

How can it possibly be the jab?! Must be climate change.

» Add a new message to this topic