FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it hypercondria

Is it hypercondria

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Or is it long covid?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Is it relevant? Or just stirring the pot?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

What are you referring to OP?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

It depends. Some people have got hypochondria. Some people have got long covid.

The ones with long covid generally have real symptoms, show abnormal results to blood tests or scans or other diagnostics, struggle along not getting any better, not knowing why, and often not talking about it. Sometimes they eventually die.

Hypochondriacs by contrast will make bloody sure that they tell you that they're poorly, will change their symptoms every time they look at another medical book, and show normal results to every diagnostic test known to humanity.

What blood tests are there for long covid?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"What blood tests are there for long covid? "

I can't have bloods taken but the long covid tests I had were lung function tests and lung x rays. Have my lung function tested regularly and it dropped off a cliff post covid. Took 6 months back to 75% of what it was before. How do you fake that?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Or is it long covid? "

I'm sure there's lots of psychosomatic symptoms going on. Anxiety. Access to gp services more or less impossible. Shall I spread my germs or not? I'm sure there are also unexpected consequences for some people from catching covid.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What blood tests are there for long covid? "

Link chosen because it conforms to forum rules

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/05/long-covid-research-microclots

I've seen (on places I can't link to per forum rules) quite a lot of discussion of the microclots, and some people going to Germany for private treatment for the clots.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Either way it's illness, what's your point? Stigmatising neurodiverse illnesses?! Smh

"What blood tests are there for long covid?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/05/long-covid-research-microclots

I've seen (on places I can't link to per forum rules) quite a lot of discussion of the microclots, and some people going to Germany for private treatment for the clots."

And the scientists have linked the micro clots to covid have they, thats very interesting.

That article also states they haven't yet found the markers for covid yet they just need to look harder.

So it would appear long covid is self diagnosed in the majority of cases. Im not for one minute saying it doesn't exist. There are however a great deal of people who like to moan about being unwell and its a good excuse for not being able to work

Manchester (she/her)

I've seen (on places I can't link to per forum rules) quite a lot of discussion of the microclots, and some people going to Germany for private treatment for the clots.

And the scientists have linked the micro clots to covid have they, thats very interesting.

That article also states they haven't yet found the markers for covid yet they just need to look harder.

So it would appear long covid is self diagnosed in the majority of cases. Im not for one minute saying it doesn't exist. There are however a great deal of people who like to moan about being unwell and its a good excuse for not being able to work "

So there's markers for long Covid and your takeaway is that it's put on by most people because it's not tested for?

Hmm. Surely by your logic vaccine injury is much more likely to be put on. Yes, absolutely it exists in a tiny minority of cases, but it's self diagnosed and not validated by the medical profession in the vast majority of cases. What an excuse to skip work, fundraise, gather fame, etc. People love to paint themselves as the centre of global problems and the centre of conspiracies, like the narcissistic lowlives they are.

Glad we've sorted that out.

So it would appear long covid is self diagnosed in the majority of cases. Im not for one minute saying it doesn't exist. There are however a great deal of people who like to moan about being unwell and its a good excuse for not being able to work

So there's markers for long Covid and your takeaway is that it's put on by most people because it's not tested for?

Hmm. Surely by your logic vaccine injury is much more likely to be put on. Yes, absolutely it exists in a tiny minority of cases, but it's self diagnosed and not validated by the medical profession in the vast majority of cases. What an excuse to skip work, fundraise, gather fame, etc. People love to paint themselves as the centre of global problems and the centre of conspiracies, like the narcissistic lowlives they are.

Glad we've sorted that out. "

How strange those who complain of vaccine damage seem to be effected by blood clots. Its great how you accept this week scientific work for covid damage but not vaccine damage. Or is that just my narcissistic mind working overtime? (Yet again when your argument is questioned you resort to name calling, this is a very grown up discussion)

Peace and love sister

And the report says there are no markers yet found. Right in the last paragraph. Which is why they have to try harder. Is that too difficult to understand?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

So it would appear long covid is self diagnosed in the majority of cases. Im not for one minute saying it doesn't exist. There are however a great deal of people who like to moan about being unwell and its a good excuse for not being able to work "

Plenty of people in the forum have reported long covid. Are you claiming that they don't have it and just don't want to work?

And the scientists have linked the micro clots to covid have they? thats very interesting.

Plenty of people in the forum have reported long covid. Are you claiming that they don't have it and just don't want to work? "

Im questioning who has diagnosed their long covid and pointing out people do love to moan about being ill. Hence the many posts from people saying how they are so ill and we all know people that shirk off work at the first sign of a snivel.

And now we see that it possibly could be micro blood clots.

Surely you have seen the reports of blood clots caused by the vaccine?

Oh yes thats all lies and fakery by the antivaxxers who have bothered to overload the yellow card system with fake reports.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

And the scientists have linked the micro clots to covid have they? thats very interesting.

Plenty of people in the forum have reported long covid. Are you claiming that they don't have it and just don't want to work?

Im questioning who has diagnosed their long covid and pointing out people do love to moan about being ill. Hence the many posts from people saying how they are so ill and we all know people that shirk off work at the first sign of a snivel.

Oh yes thats all lies and fakery by the antivaxxers who have bothered to overload the yellow card system with fake reports.

"

Long Covid is a manifestation of persistent viral infection, albeit at a very low level, in affected patients. The virus causes the immune system to deregulate and there are a plethora of side effects of this depending on have body organ.

Persistence has been shown in blood( spike protein) , gut tissue and lymphoid tissue.

There has been cases of infection by transplant ie a person caught Covid from and infected Liver( doner had tested negative PCR)

Probably the biggest indicators of viral persistence is how coronavirus act in animals- ie immune evasive and create viral persistence whilst the virus constantly evolves within its host.

It’s worth looking at current studies of Covid in white tailed deer in the states- whole herds have a constant circulation of Covid, none of these deer have ever been vaccinated….

By *hirleyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Or is it long covid? "

It seems that the point you're making is nothing to do with covid, but that people are morally corrupt and using things as an excuse to "not work"; to that end I'm not sure what that significance is or where you're going? I'm sure 'hypochondria' will always be present in society if that is the case

By *hirleyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Long Covid is a manifestation of persistent viral infection, albeit at a very low level, in affected patients. The virus causes the immune system to deregulate and there are a plethora of side effects of this depending on have body organ.

Persistence has been shown in blood( spike protein) , gut tissue and lymphoid tissue.

There has been cases of infection by transplant ie a person caught Covid from and infected Liver( doner had tested negative PCR)

Probably the biggest indicators of viral persistence is how coronavirus act in animals- ie immune evasive and create viral persistence whilst the virus constantly evolves within its host.

It’s worth looking at current studies of Covid in white tailed deer in the states- whole herds have a constant circulation of Covid, none of these deer have ever been vaccinated….

"

I'm sorry, but none of that makes sense, and/or can I find it relevant to hypochondria? Can you explain using simple terms for me please, as I'm sometimes slow to current scientific understanding.

By *illingToHelpMan  over a year ago

Oldham or South Shore

Let’s just remember that hypochondria is an illness also. Hypochondriacs don’t phone their boss up and ring in sick and then immediately phone their mates to go day drinking. Twats do that.

Manchester (she/her)

How strange those who complain of vaccine damage seem to be effected by blood clots. Its great how you accept this week scientific work for covid damage but not vaccine damage. Or is that just my narcissistic mind working overtime? (Yet again when your argument is questioned you resort to name calling, this is a very grown up discussion)

Peace and love sister "

I apologise if you believe I called you narcissistic. I did not. I called those who use the plight of others - who happen to exist and should never be overlooked- to rise to fame and raise money from the gullible.

Meanwhile, didn't you - with peace and love, I'm sure - say that most people who claim to suffer from long Covid are doing it because they're workshy? In response to evidence that there's a biological mechanism for long Covid? (Additionally, starting a thread to suggest that long Covid is hypochondria is very peaceful and loving, is it not?)

I was merely applying your own logic. There's growing medical evidence for mechanisms for long Covid (even if Fab approved links are a crap way to show it) and so you say they're workshy. There's no credible evidence for mass vaccine injury therefore it's deffo real.

If peace and love is denying the provable suffering of others, then I'll offer you vaccinations and HEPA filters. Seems like it might actually be sincere and do something.

Manchester (she/her)

"

"

If VAERS (American yellow card) can be gamed by the flu vaccine turning someone into the Incredible Hulk as an experiment, then yeah.

Or, let's consider the VAERs report of the hilarious death of a two year old who was entered into the Pfizer trial for their age group. Why hilarious? Because no child in the cohort had been given a vaccine at that point. Some loving soul who cares about children decided to entirely invent the death of a child, and the people who do their own research lapped it up, because they definitely fact checked that shit.

(Heck, I had a temporary rash from one of my Covid vaccines. I reported it to the yellow card. You know how much it was verified? It wasn't)

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Or is it long covid? "

My sister is now disabled and unable to work due to covid, long covid or hypochondria you tell me?

Since having covid

Very badly two years ago pre vaccine I'm not the same can hardly walk up a flight of stairs,tire extremely quickly, among other things.

Hypochondria or long covid??

What people don't understand is the psychological damage that covid had on people for many the damage wasn't just physical and manifests itself in other ways.

Much like many mental illnesses it poisoned the body causing undiagnosed symptoms that some callous and unsympathetic people will label as " hypochondria"

When your body goes through a severe physical trauma it's only natural that psychological trauma is going to be expected.

P.T.S.D if you want to make it easier to understand.

I'm certain that it's not only people who suffered from covid but those who treated people and those who lost loved one's.

Much like any severe illness the body may recover long before the mind,as in the case with my sister neither have recovered and probably never will.

The question you need to ask you self is:

Would you be so quick to label someone a hypochondriac if they had survived a different condition/illness that almost killed them if they continued to suffer long term physical and mental aftereffects once they had recovered from the main thing?

Whilst I agree that there is a certain amount of mass hysteria regards long covid and some have and will milk it for all it's worth ,I also know that some some people myself included are 100% genuine and their lives will never be the same so personally I find being labelled as a"hypochondriac"

Fucking insulting.

Manchester (she/her)

"Or is it long covid?

My sister is now disabled and unable to work due to covid, long covid or hypochondria you tell me?

Since having covid

Very badly two years ago pre vaccine I'm not the same can hardly walk up a flight of stairs,tire extremely quickly, among other things.

What people don't understand is the psychological damage that covid had on people for many the damage wasn't just physical and manifests itself in other ways.

Much like many mental illnesses it poisoned the body causing undiagnosed symptoms that some callous and unsympathetic people will label as " hypochondria"

When your body goes through a severe physical trauma it's only natural that psychological trauma is going to be expected.

I'm certain that it's not only people who suffered from covid but those who treated people and those who lost loved one's.

Much like any severe illness the body may recover long before the mind,as in the case with my sister neither have recovered and probably never will.

Would you be so quick to label someone a hypochondriac if they had survived a different condition/illness that almost killed them if they continued to suffer long term physical and mental aftereffects once they had recovered from the main thing?

Whilst I agree that there is a certain amount of mass hysteria regards long covid and some have and will milk it for all it's worth ,I also know that some some people myself included are 100% genuine and their lives will never be the same so personally I find being labelled as a"hypochondriac"

Fucking insulting. "

The ME community definitely sympathise with the hypochondriac label. (I don't have ME)

Weymouth

"Or is it long covid? "

I would suggest looking at the work of Professor Akiko Iwasaki.

She has found the metrics/ immunological bio markers for Long Covid and discussed the physiological mechanisms.

These tests , a panel of inflammatory bio markers, will probably become standard in the coming years and no doubt some of us here will need to be tested for it.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

I can't have bloods taken but the long covid tests I had were lung function tests and lung x rays. Have my lung function tested regularly and it dropped off a cliff post covid. Took 6 months back to 75% of what it was before. How do you fake that?"

As someone who has had lung issues his entire life. How can you pinpoint that to long covid and not just some sort of random chest infection?

Peace and love sister

I apologise if you believe I called you narcissistic. I did not. I called those who use the plight of others - who happen to exist and should never be overlooked- to rise to fame and raise money from the gullible.

Meanwhile, didn't you - with peace and love, I'm sure - say that most people who claim to suffer from long Covid are doing it because they're workshy? In response to evidence that there's a biological mechanism for long Covid? (Additionally, starting a thread to suggest that long Covid is hypochondria is very peaceful and loving, is it not?)

I was merely applying your own logic. There's growing medical evidence for mechanisms for long Covid (even if Fab approved links are a crap way to show it) and so you say they're workshy. There's no credible evidence for mass vaccine injury therefore it's deffo real.

If peace and love is denying the provable suffering of others, then I'll offer you vaccinations and HEPA filters. Seems like it might actually be sincere and do something."

Please point out where I said "most people"?

Teesside

Glad we've sorted that out. "

Yet most on these forums would give you a hug for long covid symptoms but call you a conspiracy theorist/tin foil hatter/liar/granny murderer of you had a vaccine injury

Ahh I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

Manchester (she/her)

Glad we've sorted that out. Yet most on these forums would give you a hug for long covid symptoms but call you a conspiracy theorist/tin foil hatter/liar/granny murderer of you had a vaccine injury

Ahh I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning."

Why is applying OP's own standards hypocritical?

Evidence of long Covid in the blood exists - but most aren't given those tests, therefore fake.

Evidence of adverse effects from vaccines exist - but most aren't validated by medical tests or the medical profession, therefore... totes real and covered up by Pfizer twiddling his moustache and stroking his cat.

Sure. That logic follows.

Teesside

If you post 2 exact posts with same symptoms and attribute it to either condition you'll see the hypocrisy. For one you'll be coddled as a survivor, the other you'll be ridiculed. Despite both likely being caused by same thing

Teesside

The fact you have to defend it like im claiming its some massive big pharma conspiracy speaks wonders too

Manchester (she/her)

"If you post 2 exact posts with same symptoms and attribute it to either condition you'll see the hypocrisy. For one you'll be coddled as a survivor, the other you'll be ridiculed. Despite both likely being caused by same thing "

Yup. Long Covid is documented, has been proven over time, and is being researched.

Antivax fraud (cf Wakefield) and gaining sympathy by making medical shit up on the internet is well documented. Such fraud is clearly lucrative for a lot of people. And a lot of people do try to make it some ridiculous overarching conspiracy.

Teesside

"If you post 2 exact posts with same symptoms and attribute it to either condition you'll see the hypocrisy. For one you'll be coddled as a survivor, the other you'll be ridiculed. Despite both likely being caused by same thing

Yup. Long Covid is documented, has been proven over time, and is being researched.

Antivax fraud (cf Wakefield) and gaining sympathy by making medical shit up on the internet is well documented. Such fraud is clearly lucrative for a lot of people. And a lot of people do try to make it some ridiculous overarching conspiracy.

"

Wakefield is a liar therefore all vaccine injuries are false. Checks out

My workmate phoned in sick with Long covid despite being on a bender in York therefore it doesn't exist.

As for the proof, the BBC just published a story in last few days of someone dying and the coroner attributed it to the vaccine. So by your standards, vaccines kill cause clearly 1 man is enough evidence.

Manchester (she/her)

"If you post 2 exact posts with same symptoms and attribute it to either condition you'll see the hypocrisy. For one you'll be coddled as a survivor, the other you'll be ridiculed. Despite both likely being caused by same thing

My workmate phoned in sick with Long covid despite being on a bender in York therefore it doesn't exist.

As for the proof, the BBC just published a story in last few days of someone dying and the coroner attributed it to the vaccine. So by your standards, vaccines kill cause clearly 1 man is enough evidence."

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Well done.

When the OP was presented with what was asked for - a marker in the blood showing a physical manifestation of long Covid - that was used to turn it into most people with long Covid fake it.

*By their own logic* vaccine injury is likely suspicious.

Mate, one of my parents nearly died of a vaccine when I was a toddler. I know adverse effects from vaccines exist, up to and including death (or, in my immediate family, lifelong effects that have lasted 35 years). My parent (and others like them) and others like them end up being lumped in with the fraudsters. It damages the credibility of those who really do need our help.

And Wakefield is far from the only antivaxxer with a long history of knowingly lying or committing fraud. And yet he's still a hero among the group. Whereas those who commit fraud (knowingly, willingly, covering it up) tend to face pretty poor prospects in the reality based world once they're found out.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Or is it long covid? "

It can be a mix of both or neither.

You don't need to be a hypochondriac to catch any disease but lots of hypochondriacs do.

Do drama queens get flu or have thyroid problems, of course they do but its not compulsory to be a drama queen.

We could go on and on and bore each other into submission.

Teesside

I'm in no way trying to defend Wakefield btw. The man and his ilk are scum

Teesside

"Or is it long covid?

You don't need to be a hypochondriac to catch any disease but lots of hypochondriacs do.

Do drama queens get flu or have thyroid problems, of course they do but its not compulsory to be a drama queen.

We could go on and on and bore each other into submission. "

I upset someone the other day by jokingly saying that they are lucky man flu isn't as contagious as covid

Weymouth

I can't have bloods taken but the long covid tests I had were lung function tests and lung x rays. Have my lung function tested regularly and it dropped off a cliff post covid. Took 6 months back to 75% of what it was before. How do you fake that?As someone who has had lung issues his entire life. How can you pinpoint that to long covid and not just some sort of random chest infection?

"

See above post re biomarkers for LC, LC effect is multi systemic not just the lung- so it’s pretty easy to differentiate it from Chronic lung issues

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Not everything is covid.

Teesside

I can't have bloods taken but the long covid tests I had were lung function tests and lung x rays. Have my lung function tested regularly and it dropped off a cliff post covid. Took 6 months back to 75% of what it was before. How do you fake that?As someone who has had lung issues his entire life. How can you pinpoint that to long covid and not just some sort of random chest infection?

See above post re biomarkers for LC, LC effect is multi systemic not just the lung- so it’s pretty easy to differentiate it from Chronic lung issues"

Of anyone I've saw getting diagnosed with long covid, none have ever had bloods taken. It seems to be self diagnosed or a gp fob off in the majority of cases.

Teesside

My point was also in reference to a lung function test, which I do yearly in my work medical. It coincides with my yearly spring chest infection unfortunately. This year I skipped the infection so my lungs were off the charts comparatively. Point being, other stuff affects those tests massively.

Weymouth

"Or is it long covid?

We could go on and on and bore each other into submission. "

Hypochondria is worrying excessively about a certain disease. Some diseases are curable / manageable- so some sadly not - so can you be a hypochondriac if you have Long Covid- something that does not have a cure yet?

So you may as well lump anyone else with an incurable disease in the same pot- are they hypochondriacs too?

Teesside

Is it incurable or is it the same as any post viral syndrome?

As for the proof, the BBC just published a story in last few days of someone dying and the coroner attributed it to the vaccine. So by your standards, vaccines kill cause clearly 1 man is enough evidence.

When the OP was presented with what was asked for - a marker in the blood showing a physical manifestation of long Covid - that was used to turn it into most people with long Covid fake it.

Mate, one of my parents nearly died of a vaccine when I was a toddler. I know adverse effects from vaccines exist, up to and including death (or, in my immediate family, lifelong effects that have lasted 35 years). My parent (and others like them) and others like them end up being lumped in with the fraudsters. It damages the credibility of those who really do need our help.

And Wakefield is far from the only antivaxxer with a long history of knowingly lying or committing fraud. And yet he's still a hero among the group. Whereas those who commit fraud (knowingly, willingly, covering it up) tend to face pretty poor prospects in the reality based world once they're found out."

You have just made up what I said.

Are you just lying or can't remember what you read?

Im still waiting for you to show me where I said that.

Manchester (she/her)

And Wakefield is far from the only antivaxxer with a long history of knowingly lying or committing fraud. And yet he's still a hero among the group. Whereas those who commit fraud (knowingly, willingly, covering it up) tend to face pretty poor prospects in the reality based world once they're found out.

You have just made up what I said.

Are you just lying or can't remember what you read?

Im still waiting for you to show me where I said that."

I quote:

So you seem to be saying that because not everyone with long Covid is given these blood tests, that it's "self diagnosed" and that there "are a great number of people who like to moan about being unwell"

Are you saying it directly? No. But why else would you have a thread on hypochondria versus long Covid?

Meanwhile, I'm not saying adverse effects following vaccination don't exist, but there are a great number of people who like to moan about being unwell and it's a good excuse for not being able to work.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Or is it long covid?

Hypochondria is worrying excessively about a certain disease. Some diseases are curable / manageable- so some sadly not - so can you be a hypochondriac if you have Long Covid- something that does not have a cure yet?

So you may as well lump anyone else with an incurable disease in the same pot- are they hypochondriacs too?"

You state worrying excessively is hypocondria, so if medical tests showed me to have cancer and my worry levels went off the scale does that make me a hypochondriac?

Curable / manageable are two different things and offer different prognosis.

I'm not really too sure of your point and from reading it over a few times don't think you do either.

But as a best guess you are trying to make a point of lumping all diseases together and having anyone who worries classed as a hypochondriac or any other label you wish to paste on them.

Are people with an incurable disease a hypochondriac? Maybe they are hypochondriacs and sadly succumbed to a terminal condition.

Lots of computations here and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.

But thanks so much for your post.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Or is it long covid?

So you may as well lump anyone else with an incurable disease in the same pot- are they hypochondriacs too?

You state worrying excessively is hypocondria, so if medical tests showed me to have cancer and my worry levels went off the scale does that make me a hypochondriac?

I'm not really too sure of your point and from reading it over a few times don't think you do either.

But as a best guess you are trying to make a point of lumping all diseases together and having anyone who worries classed as a hypochondriac or any other label you wish to paste on them.

Are people with an incurable disease a hypochondriac? Maybe they are hypochondriacs and sadly succumbed to a terminal condition.

"

7 years ago today I was diagnosed with T2 cancer if the throat, everyday since I’ve worried about the future, I’m still here, I still worry. OP just throws in bombs to keep their own agenda going.

Manchester (she/her)

"Or is it long covid?

7 years ago today I was diagnosed with T2 cancer if the throat, everyday since I’ve worried about the future, I’m still here, I still worry. OP just throws in bombs to keep their own agenda going."

Stay strong x

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"Either way it's illness, what's your point? Stigmatising neurodiverse illnesses?! Smh"

What Bam said,

hypochondria is an illness too

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"Or is it long covid?

7 years ago today I was diagnosed with T2 cancer if the throat, everyday since I’ve worried about the future, I’m still here, I still worry. OP just throws in bombs to keep their own agenda going.

Stay strong x"

Weymouth

"Or is it long covid?

I think it is difficult for anyone with an incurable condition with undefined prognosis- such LC, to be called a hypochondriac. The are plenty of members who have been affected by LC greatly- and the last thing they want is to be stigmatised by being called a hypochondriac.

Prof Iwasaki studies have identified the bio markers and mechanisms of action of LC( as have many other recent studies).

Her studies show a very clear correlation between clinical signs and biomarkers. There is a clear physiological process occurring in affected patients. The science has caught up - now we need therapeutics desperately.

"

Weymouth

"Or is it long covid?

Stay strong x

"

Figures from ONS 6th November 22

Self reported long covid

2.2 million reports

87% for more than 12 weeks

55% more than 1 yr

27% more than 2 yes

Long covid adversely affects 1.6 million (75%) of those self reporting long covid

Most common in age group 35-69 yes

More females reporting than men

More common in

1 deprived areas

2 people working in social care

3 people who already have another

activity limiting condition or

disability

4 people not working and not

looking for work

The conclusion

If you are working or actively looking for work you are less likely to report long covid.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Figures from ONS 6th November 22

Self reported long covid

2.2 million reports

55% more than 1 yr

27% more than 2 yes

Long covid adversely affects 1.6 million (75%) of those self reporting long covid

More common in

1 deprived areas

disability

looking for work

The conclusion

If you are working or actively looking for work you are less likely to report long covid.

"

And your point is??

"Or is it long covid?

Since having covid

Fucking insulting. "

I dont know anything about your sister and I havent labelled her at all.

Also I didnt label you as a hyperchondriac either. You did that yourself

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Self reported long covid

2.2 million reports

55% more than 1 yr

27% more than 2 yes

More common in

1 deprived areas

disability

looking for work

The conclusion

"

Seems like someone is on the sauce

Have you started on the Christmas celebrations a little early ?

Self reported long covid

2.2 million reports

55% more than 1 yr

27% more than 2 yes

More common in

1 deprived areas

disability

looking for work

The conclusion

Seems like someone is on the sauce

Have you started on the Christmas celebrations a little early ? "

Please explain why reporting what is on ONS makes you believe I am on sauce whatever that means, or was that just nonsense?

Weymouth

Self reported long covid

2.2 million reports

55% more than 1 yr

27% more than 2 yes

More common in

1 deprived areas

disability

looking for work

The conclusion

"

Self reporting, as already stated by Prof Iwasakis work, showed a strong correlation between elevated immunological markers and symptoms of Long Covid.

You are entitled to your opinion but it’s hard to ignore the mounting science evidence of Long Covid effect.

Aside from the extreme hardship and life changing consequences of those affected( which I in no way belittle- it is such a debilitating disease), LC is going to cost us all more than Covid itself because of its economic impact.

Just watch the current Covid wave in China . It probably will generate 60-100 million LC cases- watch those supply chains!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Or is it long covid? "

I experienced several months of chronic fatigue following a bad bout of flu, I’ve no doubt that post viral syndrome is a real thing, it can have varied effects and will almost certainly occur in some people recovering from cov19

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

hypochondria? That's the only disease I don't suffer from.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Or is it long covid? "

Either way they are unwell. Or are you insinuating that psychological conditions are a source of amusement and derision???

Do you always advertise how ignorant you are or.....??

By *iss pleasuringWoman  over a year ago

SELBY

When someone says oh i got this ailment . Whether it's anxiety

Or a stubbed toe then back it up and say its Long covid.

Well friend how about maybe the anxiety might be work and stress related or family issues

... the stubbed toe might be from the cor er of the wall ypu just walked Into

So in the real world there is alway another.possible explanation to such like long covid.

Think what I'm saying is. Why we listening to the matrix.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"When someone says oh i got this ailment . Whether it's anxiety

Or a stubbed toe then back it up and say its Long covid.

Well friend how about maybe the anxiety might be work and stress related or family issues

... the stubbed toe might be from the cor er of the wall ypu just walked Into

So in the real world there is alway another.possible explanation to such like long covid.

Think what I'm saying is. Why we listening to the matrix.

"

Or maybe the matrix doesn't exist and they actually have long covid?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Or is it long covid?

Either way they are unwell. Or are you insinuating that psychological conditions are a source of amusement and derision???

Do you always advertise how ignorant you are or.....??"

Winston

"Or is it long covid?

Do you always advertise how ignorant you are or.....??

Winston "

Oh dear me. You see how when you have nothing to add to the debate you both just resort to the childish response of calling people names.

Any way I'm off to have wonderful sex with my beautiful partner and I wish you both a happy Christmas and good health for the New yea.

Sending love to you

Martin xxx

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"Or is it long covid? "

It could be possibly be valetudinarianism or sarcopenia!

By *ldbutrandyMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Having read every reply on this thread, I didn't take long to come to the conclusion that some people are willing to hurt many innocent people, just to make a point. and one that they can't possibly be certain of.

Can vaccines damage or even kill? Yes .

Can people be affected long term by a severe illness? Yes

Are some scivers going to use LC as an excuse to avoid work ? Yes.

So, why would anyone want to paint a higher percentage as scivers than there actually are ?

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I think that a lot of things have been lumped into the long covid diagnosis as a easy catch all reason because it easier than actually finding out what is wrong.

Are they ill, most likely, but that is for them and the medical professionals to decide.

Most employers are now treating "long covid" the same as any other long term illness so there is no financial benefits from it.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Having read every reply on this thread, I didn't take long to come to the conclusion that some people are willing to hurt many innocent people, just to make a point. and one that they can't possibly be certain of.

So, why would anyone want to paint a higher percentage as scivers than there actually are ? "

Use the green arrow

Walsall

"Having read every reply on this thread, I didn't take long to come to the conclusion that some people are willing to hurt many innocent people, just to make a point. and one that they can't possibly be certain of.

So, why would anyone want to paint a higher percentage as scivers than there actually are ?

Use the green arrow"

No a site supporter. I don't think I can

Weymouth

So, why would anyone want to paint a higher percentage as scivers than there actually are ? "

The numbers of LC have grown steadily during the pandemic ie patients existed before vaccines were available- so it’s incorrect to associate vaccine as a cause of LC.

If you had read all the thread then you would have read my reference to bio markers- tests are available- albeit only recently- for LC and sadly there is a strong correlation to clinical signs.

And I would also point to trends abroad- LC patients numbers are increasing not decreasing.

My own opinion is that this is a bit of a dead cat- blaming those who are unable to work as chancers ( mostly by the right wing press) to deflect away from the main subject- LC causing illness.

Each Covid wave is adding 200-300 K to the LC figures- all I ask is … see if you have the same opinion this time next year when over 3 Million will have LC

Walsall

The numbers of LC have grown steadily during the pandemic ie patients existed before vaccines were available- so it’s incorrect to associate vaccine as a cause of LC.

If you had read all the thread then you would have read my reference to bio markers- tests are available- albeit only recently- for LC and sadly there is a strong correlation to clinical signs.

And I would also point to trends abroad- LC patients numbers are increasing not decreasing.

My own opinion is that this is a bit of a dead cat- blaming those who are unable to work as chancers ( mostly by the right wing press) to deflect away from the main subject- LC causing illness.

Each Covid wave is adding 200-300 K to the LC figures- all I ask is … see if you have the same opinion this time next year when over 3 Million will have LC"

Did you read into my post that I don't believe in Lc ?

That's far from the truth. if I didn't make that clear. I apologise .

Weymouth

Each Covid wave is adding 200-300 K to the LC figures- all I ask is … see if you have the same opinion this time next year when over 3 Million will have LC

That's far from the truth. if I didn't make that clear. I apologise ."

Never said you didn’t believe in LC , it’s the stigmatising those who cannot work. They look normal, they talk normal, they look as if they could do a days work buy they need to sleep 16-20 hrs a day. They have lost jobs, homes , families and partners and they still look normal…. But they so need out help not our criticism.

Walsall

That's far from the truth. if I didn't make that clear. I apologise .

Never said you didn’t believe in LC , it’s the stigmatising those who cannot work. They look normal, they talk normal, they look as if they could do a days work buy they need to sleep 16-20 hrs a day. They have lost jobs, homes , families and partners and they still look normal…. But they so need out help not our criticism. "

As I totally agree with what you say , I'm at a loss as to why you seem to think I criticised them.

What I did say was that yes, there will always be people using it as an excuse to avoid work. Is that not true ?

Read again and you'll see that i think

The vast majority are genuine.

If you read into what I wrote anything else then I give up. Take it as you wish.

» Add a new message to this topic