FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Norovirus

Norovirus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

It's not covid. It's norovirus. So many people I know got it. Have you had it? What were your symptoms and for how long?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've only got friends with covid, or flu just now.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Norovirus is vomiting and diarrhoea. Commonly called the winter vomiting bug.

It's nothing like covid or the flu.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

I get something similar the morning after a indulgent evening of food and drink.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"It's not covid. It's norovirus. So many people I know got it. Have you had it? What were your symptoms and for how long?"

Ohhh that's a nasty one. And spreads like wildfire.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

It's been round for years, usually does the rounds in care homes and can be devastating.

It involves lot's of sick and lots of diarrhoea usually lasts 3 day's or so but can leave you feeling like crap (excuse the pun) for a while after.

I've had it in the past not nice.

But the same applies as with covid.

Wash your hands regularly,use gel in-between keep your distance from infected people.

Wipe surfaces clean particularly door handles and light switches in bathroom and toilet areas.

Maybe if you get it isolation from people ( stay in bed) until the worst has past.

It's highly contagious

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes. I have heard about it and its been around for ages and no, it is not covid.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

KFC Seat Voiders

The B in law used to try giving you everything, Out jogging starkers with god knows what, then back down you dribbling snot & whoever else hes drank

Bi-your birthday - January if you lasted that long

Mates virus

Seat voiding mail

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"It's been round for years, usually does the rounds in care homes and can be devastating.

It involves lot's of sick and lots of diarrhoea usually lasts 3 day's or so but can leave you feeling like crap (excuse the pun) for a while after.

Wash your hands regularly,use gel in-between keep your distance from infected people.

Wipe surfaces clean particularly door handles and light switches in bathroom and toilet areas.

Maybe if you get it isolation from people ( stay in bed) until the worst has past.

It's highly contagious "

Hand gel doesn’t kill noro unless it’s a specific one that says. Only bleach will kill it unless again it’s a special spay or wipes. It’s big airborne you need to come into contact with sick or d particles. Washing hands regularly helps

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"It's not covid. It's norovirus. So many people I know got it. Have you had it? What were your symptoms and for how long?"

Norovirus is the virus which is generally responsible for closing down hospital wards.

V & D in a poorly or frail patient is serious.

Again, like lots of lurgies it's down to basic hygiene or lack of it.

If you're coming into hospital to visit a relative please wash your hands and gel, don't let the kids bounce all over the bed.

In a healthy, well nourished person, plenty of fluids, off to bed, feel sorry for yourself and keep the bathroom free.

Worst thing I ever had once, I thought I was actually going to die. Had to be in quarantine for days

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Never had it in my adult life but managed to then catch it 3 times in quick succession in the months when recovering from covid. Not nice.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I had it once. Was “sick” for about 3 days but the eggyness persisted for most of the week.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"It's been round for years, usually does the rounds in care homes and can be devastating.

It's highly contagious

Hand gel doesn’t kill noro unless it’s a specific one that says. Only bleach will kill it unless again it’s a special spay or wipes. It’s big airborne you need to come into contact with sick or d particles. Washing hands regularly helps "

Yes but even using the wrong gel in-between washing is better than nothing as few people actually have access to the full strength gel.

Also as much as people don't want to wear them mask's will really help in a setting such as care homes or hospital ward's

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Only thorough hand washing and cleaning surfaces will help. It's soooo blinking contagious. Worst than covid if you ask me

Only had norovirus once. Once was more than enough. The only time I've ever experienced true projectile vomiting. Thought I was going to die

I've had covid and norovirus

I would choose covid every time, norovirus knocked me for 6!!!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Only thorough hand washing and cleaning surfaces will help. It's soooo blinking contagious. Worst than covid if you ask me"

For some people? Probably

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Only had norovirus once. Once was more than enough. The only time I've ever experienced true projectile vomiting. Thought I was going to die "

Had it twice and the first time was the worst sickness of any type I can remember having.

Never retched so hard in my life, it felt like I was going to tear myself in half.

I’d take the dose of COVID I had again over Norovirus in a heartbeat.

Several years ago, a home I worked at had an outbreak of norovirus, the home went into lockdown - essential visitors only etc. But then lots of staff were off with it. I worked through the whole thing as was carrier but no symptoms. Not a nice virus though.

By *hitehunter4bbcMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Ffs, a swinging site all about illness now

By *hitehunter4bbcMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Winston What's your digression on this

Pain in the ass but generally not dangerous to normal healthy people. Very risky for the elderly though and as already stated very common in care homes. Takes about three to five days to run its course and as far as I know there is no effective treatment. You can manage the symptoms though. Dehydration is the biggest risk so plenty of water.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

It's highly contagious

Hand gel doesn’t kill noro unless it’s a specific one that says. Only bleach will kill it unless again it’s a special spay or wipes. It’s big airborne you need to come into contact with sick or d particles. Washing hands regularly helps "

A group of us got it in a hotel, someone had it threw up in the lobby. The staff never managed to clean it up properly, everyone had it over the next few days.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Ffs, a swinging site all about illness now "

You are on the "virus" section of the forum after all. Lol

» Add a new message to this topic