FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > COVID again

COVID again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *esi_in_brussels OP   Man  over a year ago

Brussels, Belgium

We get the news of increased COVID cases accross the globe, specially affecting China for now. Though it seems to cause mild fever and is not soo severe to cause major casualty outbreaks. How will this effect your holiday plans? Did you already change /postpone your year end vacations?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

It hasn't as yet affected my holiday plans. I'm up to date with my vaccines anyway.

By *mightyMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

been abroad twice this yr already not spoiled my plans so far looking go again in Apr i'm unjabbed btw

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"We get the news of increased COVID cases accross the globe, specially affecting China for now. Though it seems to cause mild fever and is not soo severe to cause major casualty outbreaks. How will this effect your holiday plans? Did you already change /postpone your year end vacations?"

stop panicking and live your life

By *martguy1759Man  over a year ago

Royston

Mainstream media scaremongering again...not had any of these gene based jabs...that do absolutely nothing for you except ruin your health..read the reports on it from most European parliaments...except the UK of course

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Mainstream media scaremongering again...not had any of these gene based jabs...that do absolutely nothing for you except ruin your health..read the reports on it from most European parliaments...except the UK of course"

BS alert

Central

[Removed by poster at 26/12/22 09:52:26]

Central

It will potentially fuel new mutations, with very high infection levels, so new mutations could arise that may be more severe. I'm observing and currently overseas but not in China

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bbc report a tsunami of covid rampaging through China. They report 15 covid deaths for the month of November

Terrifying data

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"We get the news of increased COVID cases accross the globe, specially affecting China for now. Though it seems to cause mild fever and is not soo severe to cause major casualty outbreaks. How will this effect your holiday plans? Did you already change /postpone your year end vacations?

stop panicking and live your life"

Not sure anyone is panicking or not living their life. Just discussing the effects world events may have on their plans.

I have had Covid 3 times now, last time back in June, genuinely have had worse colds than any of my experiences with Covid

By *hitehunter4bbcMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"We get the news of increased COVID cases accross the globe, specially affecting China for now. Though it seems to cause mild fever and is not soo severe to cause major casualty outbreaks. How will this effect your holiday plans? Did you already change /postpone your year end vacations?

Not sure anyone is panicking or not living their life. Just discussing the effects world events may have on their plans. "

I'm going to stop everything and enter my nuclear room....

Tin town

"I have had Covid 3 times now, last time back in June, genuinely have had worse colds than any of my experiences with Covid"

Good for you. Are you generally pretty healthy? It effects people differently like any other disease though doesn't it? Some sail through... Some struggle a bit... Some unfortunately die as a consequence.

Like any illness... The older we get, chances are it's going to be worse for us. Age can be a killer.

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

"Mainstream media scaremongering again...not had any of these gene based jabs...that do absolutely nothing for you except ruin your health..read the reports on it from most European parliaments...except the UK of course"

The Rt. Lamentable Andrew Bridgen has been covering it in the House. apparently.

"I have had Covid 3 times now, last time back in June, genuinely have had worse colds than any of my experiences with Covid"

Lucky you

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

We actually caught covid on holiday , wife had mild symptoms I didn’t have any ,doesn’t bother us now as we have had worse , our second holiday no problems . Both to Greece and we won’t hesitate when booking agai

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No, I haven't changed any plans.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

If you want to join the antivax crew you really should watch a few of their training videos on YouTube so you can get your doctorate and make some sort of half believable argument.

Merry Christmas xx

Cookstown

Neither if us have had it despite regularly being exposed to many friends who tested positive, the vaccine works for us.

Cookstown

"Bbc report a tsunami of covid rampaging through China. They report 15 covid deaths for the month of November

Terrifying data "

Didn't it kick off in December after they relaxed the lockdowns ?

Not sure you're up to date by quoting deaths in November lol

Tin town

Worth reflecting what (if anything) we know about what's happening in China and how accurate it may be.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Mainstream media scaremongering again...not had any of these gene based jabs...that do absolutely nothing for you except ruin your health..read the reports on it from most European parliaments...except the UK of course

BS alert "

Yep

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I am having a stay cation and no, my plans havent been affected. I am continuing on as normal

Bristol

"Mainstream media scaremongering again...not had any of these gene based jabs...that do absolutely nothing for you except ruin your health..read the reports on it from most European parliaments...except the UK of course

BS alert

Yep "

It's not b.s it's scare attack and is working, 15 dead in China and world is

"Bbc report a tsunami of covid rampaging through China. They report 15 covid deaths for the month of November

Terrifying data

Take a look at the report

Not sure you're up to date by quoting deaths in November lol"

Well it was on BBC on 22nd titled

Chinas health service under pressure. I have quoted from that. I do apologise if they are wrong

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Not bothered at all.

If you're concerned you will (I assume) have all your vaccinations and boosters. Stay home if you want. Just don't expect everyone else to cower indoors like you

they seem to be working well for me ... I'm the only fully vaccinated member of a team of 12..... I'm also the only one not to have caught covid over the last 5 weeks. Our residents are also all vaccinated and none of them have tested positive.. although obviously we all use ppe as well still with residents.

I'm wearing a mask as required at work... and if I'm at hospital or doctors appointments or shopping

Oh and I've been away 3 times since Sept.. Italy, sicily and France . So hardly hiding away

By *itonthesideWoman  over a year ago

glasgow/ belfast

"I have had Covid 3 times now, last time back in June, genuinely have had worse colds than any of my experiences with Covid

Good for you. Are you generally pretty healthy? It effects people differently like any other disease though doesn't it? Some sail through... Some struggle a bit... Some unfortunately die as a consequence.

Like any illness... The older we get, chances are it's going to be worse for us. Age can be a killer. "

I’m all jabbed up but also spend alot of time flying. 8 flights in 4 weeks i was bound to catch it again and did for my second time just before christmas

Strangely it was mild compared to last time while i was positive, but since the tests have gone negative ive gotten 10 times worse and feel like i have been run over by a truck

Maybe it knocked my immune system and i got a second thing just as i was recovering, but its not pleasant whatever it is

Cookstown

[Removed by poster at 26/12/22 17:33:31]

Cookstown

Terrifying data

Chinas health service under pressure. I have quoted from that. I do apologise if they are wrong

"

22nd November or December?

By *elshie69Man  over a year ago

Feltham

Terrifying data "

Of course it’s terrifying data..15 deaths in a population of roughly 1.5 BILLION people..batten down the hatches FFS

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

stop panicking and live your life"

Terrifying data

22nd November or December?"

December

Central

BS alert

Yep

It's not b.s it's scare attack and is working, 15 dead in China and world is "

In summary, BS alert was a valid statement

Central

[Removed by poster at 26/12/22 19:45:13]

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"

The supply chain issues this is going to create is going to be felt around give world- we will be talking a different story within 2 weeks

Central

"Not bothered at all.

If you're concerned you will (I assume) have all your vaccinations and boosters. Stay home if you want. Just don't expect everyone else to cower indoors like you"

Not that any single user has reported anything like the 'cowering indoors' that your furtive imagination seems to have concocted from nothing it just shouts volumes about you, unfortunately

Weymouth

BS alert

Yep

In summary, BS alert was a valid statement "

Whatever ever about the debate about deaths( not belittling the catastrophic level of death that will be seen over the next 3/4 weeks, what is actually really difficult to get one’s head around is that 100-150 million people are about to get Long Covid….. that is going to affect all

of us.

Bristol

BS alert

Yep

In summary, BS alert was a valid statement

Whatever ever about the debate about deaths( not belittling the catastrophic level of death that will be seen over the next 3/4 weeks, what is actually really difficult to get one’s head around is that 100-150 million people are about to get Long Covid….. that is going to affect all

of us."

Cookstown

Terrifying data

22nd November or December?

December "

So what's the relevance of the number of deaths the month before the escalation of cases ? If it follows the same pattern as the first wave then it's likely to be a month before infections become deaths isn't it ?

Hopefully it won't happen due to the mutations making it much less fatal.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"We get the news of increased COVID cases accross the globe, specially affecting China for now. Though it seems to cause mild fever and is not soo severe to cause major casualty outbreaks. How will this effect your holiday plans? Did you already change /postpone your year end vacations?"

No changes to our plans at all. We have been on three holidays in the last 18 months.

We are in the living with Covid phase now remember and so that is exactly what we are doing.

Science will continue to work on finding solutions for Covid so it will hopefully continue to receed into the background.

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

Half workforce at work got covid but just carrying on working like normal now nobody taking any notice of it any more seems likle way its gonna be from now on

Weymouth

No changes to our plans at all. We have been on three holidays in the last 18 months.

We are in the living with Covid phase now remember and so that is exactly what we are doing.

Science will continue to work on finding solutions for Covid so it will hopefully continue to receed into the background."

Living with Covid assumes we have adapted as a species with Covid. This in turn assumes that we have evolved to adapt to Covid. And we have assumed that what can take decades has occurred in 2 years

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

It seems the reason it is still rife in china is their vaccine program has not been a successm i think i read somewhere only 20 % ?uptake in china

Tin town

"It seems the reason it is still rife in china is their vaccine program has not been a successm i think i read somewhere only 20 % ?uptake in china "

Whether those numbers are accurate or not... Makes me wonder why? I mean the Chinese authorities are not backward in forcing through covid measures. So if they wanted to stick a needle in every one... I'm sure they'd just crack on and do it.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Science will continue to work on finding solutions for Covid so it will hopefully continue to receed into the background."

Very true but what do you suggest we all go back into lockdowns at the slightest hint of covid?

We have all seen how the last twelve months have worked out with an explosion in the cost of living, other diseases up and of course China failed attempt at zero covid which has led for the first time years in an eventual climb down by the party leadership as it was actually getting very close to revolutionary conditions.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Science will continue to work on finding solutions for Covid so it will hopefully continue to receed into the background.

Very true but what do you suggest we all go back into lockdowns at the slightest hint of covid?

We have all seen how the last twelve months have worked out with an explosion in the cost of living, other diseases up and of course China failed attempt at zero covid which has led for the first time years in an eventual climb down by the party leadership as it was actually getting very close to revolutionary conditions."

Lockdowns main use is to buy time, for vaccination roll out or treatments to be developed etc, they achieved that pretty much but I can't see any need for them now. They can also stop too many people getting sick at once to stop health services getting overwhelmed but I can't see them being used for that either.

No offense to anyone but covid Is made for ppl already suffering wt diseases or old age

"No offense to anyone but covid Is made for ppl already suffering wt diseases or old age"

Sorry but what are you talking about... and if you think covid just affected those that had illness already or old, then you have been living under a rock for the past few years..

"Mainstream media scaremongering again...not had any of these gene based jabs...that do absolutely nothing for you except ruin your health..read the reports on it from most European parliaments...except the UK of course they seem to be working well for me ... I'm the only fully vaccinated member of a team of 12..... I'm also the only one not to have caught covid over the last 5 weeks. Our residents are also all vaccinated and none of them have tested positive.. although obviously we all use ppe as well still with residents.

I'm wearing a mask as required at work... and if I'm at hospital or doctors appointments or shopping "

Ive also been away on aircraft with crew 2/3/4 times a week depending on roster and never had an issue. Even with fellow crew and Co flight deck testing positive. I'm entirely unvacinated and only ever had covid once over a year ago. To me natural immunity outweighs vaccines even when spending 11+ hours in a cockpit with someone who tests positive on return, so 22 hours plus in enclosed space yet no issues. Mainstream media has pushed people to panic over public health services not being able to cope with this issues for those at risk. The real question lies where our tax payers money goes in the HSE/NHS. The problem is with why our systems are not funded or run properly to cope with these issues

By *ennythelength69Man  over a year ago

charlton

[Removed by poster at 28/12/22 01:13:09]

By *ennythelength69Man  over a year ago

charlton

"It seems the reason it is still rife in china is their vaccine program has not been a successm i think i read somewhere only 20 % ?uptake in china "

They had the strictest policies in place, but no MRNA vaccines. Their vaccine is shite hence their uptake is shite... Now that their lockdown is allowing travel, you watch how many will flock to get the mrna vaccine

Tin town

"No offense to anyone but covid Is made for ppl already suffering wt diseases or old age

Sorry but what are you talking about... and if you think covid just affected those that had illness already or old, then you have been living under a rock for the past few years.. "

I'm pretty sure the official figures show not many fit healthy young folks are effected by covid whereas the elderly and infirm are..

While children are as likely to get COVID-19 as adults, kids are less likely to become severely ill. Up to 50% of children and adolescents might have COVID-19 with no symptoms.

Source..the mayo clinic. But there are loads of other sources with the same info

I had Covid a few weeks ago, was ill for just under two days, tested positive for about 5. Don't think it disappeared and came back as such, maybe just a different variant.. hope it doesn't affect too many people badly in the upcoming couple months.

By *alleyDaveMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Tinfoil Hat Time

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"It will potentially fuel new mutations, with very high infection levels, so new mutations could arise that may be more severe. I'm observing and currently overseas but not in China "

It will be the coffee that they'll be smelling, not the BS.

Then again, there is no sense of smell either way.

Yep, other variants out of the melting pot. One of two ways, milder or heavier but no doubt more able to defy immunity.

» Add a new message to this topic