FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Why all the conspiracy theories?

Why all the conspiracy theories?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We've had vaccinces for a long time. They've saved many millions of lives. And yet with Covid vaccines, conspiracy theories have exploded. Why?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Grifters see an opportunity, people like a narrative rather than messy truths.

Although anti vax conspiracies have existed since vaccines have existed.

"Grifters see an opportunity, people like a narrative rather than messy truths.

Although anti vax conspiracies have existed since vaccines have existed."

I should have added we've had conspiracy theories for a long time, but there seems to have been an explosion of them with the Covid vaccines.

Manchester (she/her)

I should have added we've had conspiracy theories for a long time, but there seems to have been an explosion of them with the Covid vaccines."

I think populist politics and related political movements have empowered them, and the internet gives people a microphone

By *rfur FuxakeMan  over a year ago

Taunton

No way, surely no groups of two or more people have ever conspired together for anything. Those damn theorist types!

By *osaint1971Couple  over a year ago

Near Taunton

The term conspiracy theory was created or at least popularised by the Warren Commision to disparage those who questioned the unlikely narrative re Lee Harvey Oswald. Seeing as the real perpetrators got away with it it's obviously an effective strategy to keep people quiet.

Putting your trust in politicians and their buddies in the media is naive in the extreme. Think about how many lies we were told during the covid saga...the videos of Chinese people dropping dead in the street, vitamin d is not a factor in preventing covid, Ivermectin doesn't work...currently being used, vaccines are 100% effective...oh wait, they stop transmission..oh wait.

I stopped believing them when Bill Clinton got a BJ from a 19 Yr old in the Oval office and nothing happened to him. I wasn't surprised when Epstein "Killed himself" or when Ghislaine Maxwell was imprisoned for sex trafficking of minors but all of the people she trafficked them to remain immune.

The mistake many make is to believe every theory but in a way you can't blame them.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me dozens of times then...

By *rfur FuxakeMan  over a year ago

Taunton

I should have added we've had conspiracy theories for a long time, but there seems to have been an explosion of them with the Covid vaccines.

I think populist politics and related political movements have empowered them, and the internet gives people a microphone "

Yes very true, the internet needs to be banned, can't be having people speaking freely amongst themselves!

Manchester (she/her)

I think populist politics and related political movements have empowered them, and the internet gives people a microphone

Yes very true, the internet needs to be banned, can't be having people speaking freely amongst themselves!"

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Gold star for reading comprehension.

Yes very true, the internet needs to be banned, can't be having people speaking freely amongst themselves!"

Fun username there lol

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Because of the extreme disparity in the

American big pharma companies are callous bastards who sell drugs with dreadful side effects and just pay fines and carry on regardless due to corrupt politicians in their pocket

And

Omg American big pharma have created this vaccine so fast aren't they amazing hallelujah

Also the fact that what was said at the start (it categorically stops transmission therefore creating an argument for vaccine passports) was later dispelled and ignored

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Covid happened to coincide with a time when we had grifters, charlatans and criminals installed at the highest levels of government in several major world powers - the USA, the UK, Russia, India. These saw covid as an opportunity to personally line their pockets, so the lies started to spread from the very top downwards. With major governments promoting truth free agendas, this empowered every low level crank and scumbag to push any old crap they liked, secure in the knowledge that very few could now distinguish reality from fantasy. We have become a society where honesty is now punished, hurting others is rewarded, and those with criminal psychopath tendencies are given power.

The lunatics actually have taken over the asylum.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"We've had vaccinces for a long time. They've saved many millions of lives. And yet with Covid vaccines, conspiracy theories have exploded. Why?"

Follow the money look at places like davos with klaus swabb “the future is built by us this powerful community”

The real question is …….why have so many “conspiracy theories” been proven to be spoiler alerts covid,cbdc,15 min neighbourhoods,heath passport,biometric data harvesting, to name a few

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK. There are many diseases which can cause serious illness which are not classified as HCIDs.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The ACDP is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The World Health Organization (WHO) continues to consider COVID-19 as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), therefore the need to have a national, coordinated response remains and this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. Healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the National infection prevention and control manual for England, which includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK. There are many diseases which can cause serious illness which are not classified as HCIDs.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The ACDP is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The World Health Organization (WHO) continues to consider COVID-19 as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), therefore the need to have a national, coordinated response remains and this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. Healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the National infection prevention and control manual for England, which includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios."

And all of that just says that when they knew a bit more about it, they figured covid wasn't as bad as something like ebola. It still managed to kill an extraordinary number of people, and is still killing, even in the face of the most concerted world wide effort to prevent a disease ever. It has led to a big sudden drop in average life expectancy. And if it does in fact cause major damage to the immune system , as current immunological research is starting to indicate, then it could well result in an AIDS type death for hundreds of millions, if not billions, over the coming five years.

Everytime there's an upgrade in electrification flu breaks out, wait til the national 2.4ghz output rises to 27ghz you'll see yet another flu surge.

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman  over a year ago

Happy Town;-)

I'm not anti vaxxer, but I won't have this one because its still experimental not been approved and its not your average vaccine,I was a conspiracy theorist since 2017 when I first hear about the plandemic was coming and lockdowns lol I laughed at the tin hatters, then what they were saying is now facts and sadly they were right

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Covid happened to coincide with a time when we had grifters, charlatans and criminals installed at the highest levels of government in several major world powers - the USA, the UK, Russia, India. These saw covid as an opportunity to personally line their pockets, so the lies started to spread from the very top downwards. With major governments promoting truth free agendas, this empowered every low level crank and scumbag to push any old crap they liked, secure in the knowledge that very few could now distinguish reality from fantasy. We have become a society where honesty is now punished, hurting others is rewarded, and those with criminal psychopath tendencies are given power.

The lunatics actually have taken over the asylum."

Keep the looners off the grass.

"I'm not anti vaxxer, but I won't have this one because its still experimental not been approved and its not your average vaccine,I was a conspiracy theorist since 2017 when I first hear about the plandemic was coming and lockdowns lol I laughed at the tin hatters, then what they were saying is now facts and sadly they were right "

Right behind you, just look at the news today, an 18 year old rugby star drops dead, morgue overflowing with the dead and its only January.

"Everytime there's an upgrade in electrification flu breaks out, wait til the national 2.4ghz output rises to 27ghz you'll see yet another flu surge. "

If that upgrade happens around flu season, I reckon you'll be right on that one...

"I'm not anti vaxxer, but I won't have this one because its still experimental not been approved and its not your average vaccine,I was a conspiracy theorist since 2017 when I first hear about the plandemic was coming and lockdowns lol I laughed at the tin hatters, then what they were saying is now facts and sadly they were right

Right behind you, just look at the news today, an 18 year old rugby star drops dead, morgue overflowing with the dead and its only January. "

And I saw a red car today too!

(ie you can ascribe meaning to anything if you push it hard enough.)

By *alleyDaveMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"We've had vaccinces for a long time. They've saved many millions of lives. And yet with Covid vaccines, conspiracy theories have exploded. Why?"

I have currently had FOUR covid vaccines, and, this year my first flu jab. I'm totally pro vaccines, but I was 100% against lockdowns because of the damage they did to the econony

"We've had vaccinces for a long time. They've saved many millions of lives. And yet with Covid vaccines, conspiracy theories have exploded. Why?

I have currently had FOUR covid vaccines, and, this year my first flu jab. I'm totally pro vaccines, but I was 100% against lockdowns because of the damage they did to the econony

. "

Lockdowns sucked. But if an already overstretched NHS had collapsed at the height of a pandemic, things would have gotten a whole lot worse.

By *elshie69Man  over a year ago

Feltham

"The term conspiracy theory was created or at least popularised by the Warren Commision to disparage those who questioned the unlikely narrative re Lee Harvey Oswald. Seeing as the real perpetrators got away with it it's obviously an effective strategy to keep people quiet.

Putting your trust in politicians and their buddies in the media is naive in the extreme. Think about how many lies we were told during the covid saga...the videos of Chinese people dropping dead in the street, vitamin d is not a factor in preventing covid, Ivermectin doesn't work...currently being used, vaccines are 100% effective...oh wait, they stop transmission..oh wait.

I stopped believing them when Bill Clinton got a BJ from a 19 Yr old in the Oval office and nothing happened to him. I wasn't surprised when Epstein "Killed himself" or when Ghislaine Maxwell was imprisoned for sex trafficking of minors but all of the people she trafficked them to remain immune.

The mistake many make is to believe every theory but in a way you can't blame them.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me dozens of times then..."

BRAVO..!!!

I think populist politics and related political movements have empowered them, and the internet gives people a microphone "

Exactly this. Certain people think their uninformed and ill-educated opinions have equal weight against facts and evidence. From flat earth to Cv-19 the MO is exactly the same.

Yes very true, the internet needs to be banned, can't be having people speaking freely amongst themselves!

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Gold star for reading comprehension."

Bear in mind _naswingdress only believes what the BBC tells her.

It

"No way, surely no groups of two or more people have ever conspired together for anything. Those damn theorist types!"

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

How about because more people have been harmed by Covid vaccines than in the history of all other ones? But the complicity theorists don’t want to know about that…

Very simple .. From day one the WEF, WHO, UN and huge numbers of other Groups and NGO,s have refused to accept or tell us that the CCP inflicted on the world the largest ever biological warfare attack ( or at least accident ) in the history of mankind

Not only that , but once the attack had taken place , they all conspired to bring into effect the start of the great reset as laid out clearly by Klaus Schwab in the book he wrote years before about his plans.

Trust with government and authorities has been eroded and destroyed and I for one will never trust any scientist , government official or politician ever again .. And before you reply know this. My family were one of those families forced to say good bye to my mother though a closed glass window as she was imprisoned in her care home before her death whilst Boris Johnson was sipping wine and guzzling cake at Nbr 10 and laughing at us plebs .. No vaccine now. No vaccine ever .

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Has everyone forgot about the conspiracy theory that the political class doing everything in their power for our benefit or the one were the political class have are taking and raking it in, in the most audacious master class of disaster capitalism and all for our benefit.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

There’s a kernel of truth in there, and people have just run with it.

The mRNA vaccines aren’t like previous vaccines based upon giving you a milder dose or a “dead” version of the disease to train your immunity. It was a novel technique and arguably not fully tested.

Our govt took the opportunity to hand out lucrative contracts to their mates during the initial panic.

We had a new disease, leading to confusion as to what was a side effect of vaccines or drugs and what was a rare symptom.

Thing is, we’ve administered billions of doses now. You’d think any problems with the vaccine would be causing a huge impact.

I also think there’s a general mistrust of authority which is being exploited. It’s a reasonable reaction to some of the stuff which has gone on, but it’s very difficult to see what the real facts are.

I think it’s useful to challenge new theories for why someone might do this, what is the cost, what is the benefit, do the “facts” stand up when analysed, how trustworthy is your source?

Chez/Sheff

"Has everyone forgot about the conspiracy theory that the political class doing everything in their power for our benefit or the one were the political class have are taking and raking it in, in the most audacious master class of disaster capitalism and all for our benefit. "

Yeah, current govt do seem to be a bunch of shills working for the ERG / themselves.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"We've had vaccinces for a long time. They've saved many millions of lives. And yet with Covid vaccines, conspiracy theories have exploded. Why?

How about because more people have been harmed by Covid vaccines than in the history of all other ones? But the complicity theorists don’t want to know about that… "

This .

Manchester (she/her)

It "

It's been a line since the beginning, "people who don't believe my stuff only trust the BBC!"

It's a bit unimaginative at this point, yes?

Or maybe indication of a mind so unsophisticated that it can only imagine two states: horse shit, or BBC. There's infinite other options out there, don't worry.

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

It

It's been a line since the beginning, "people who don't believe my stuff only trust the BBC!"

Or maybe indication of a mind so unsophisticated that it can only imagine two states: horse shit, or BBC. There's infinite other options out there, don't worry."

Arent they the same thing?

Manchester (she/her)

It

Or maybe indication of a mind so unsophisticated that it can only imagine two states: horse shit, or BBC. There's infinite other options out there, don't worry.

Arent they the same thing? "

I'd argue that that's an even more unsophisticated view of the world.

I know it's common to paint anyone who doesn't buy into conspiracy theories as mindlessly following the BBC, but I scarcely glance at it. However, I am aware it's held to particular standards by UK law, which is not the case for all of the howling crazies out there on the internet.

So the BBC is required to meet some minimal standard.

There are many other sources of information, all with different constraints, levels of spin, pressures, biases, etc. (And within that, there are also many flavours of horse shit lunatic)

I would hope that everyone interrogates and vets their sources. However, those who believe that there's only two types of mindset - I don't hold out much hope that they do.

Chez/Sheff

"So the BBC is required to meet some minimal standard."

This. Although their internal definition of bias is a bit skewed and they are run by a Tory puppet.

Better than some YouTuber or shock jock, however.

By *evonrobMan  over a year ago

plymouth

I think it’s sometimes people trying to show that they’re still individuals and not sheep - misguidedly I might add!

Chez/Sheff

Yeah it’s fine to be an individual, just use your brain.

The folk bleating on about sheep tend to be the sheep themselves, just with some charismatic crook herding them.

Near Taunton

We are all torn between two poles. Stay with the tribe and its shibboleths or question the tribal narrative. For our ancestors the second of these would have been a risky position whereas the first was a way to play safe. E.g. we need to kill some virgins so that the volcano God doesn't smite us...volcano still erupts after virgins are killed...we didn't kill enough and so on. We are also all at different points on the spectrum that ranges from blind obedience to universal contrarianism. The information that we seek out is in line with our position on the spectrum and therefore gives us little incentive to reposition ourselves.

The people that I admire the most are those who are prepared to seek out information that could possibly move them one way ot the other as this involves battling the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

Mr

Manchester (she/her)

"So the BBC is required to meet some minimal standard.

This. Although their internal definition of bias is a bit skewed and they are run by a Tory puppet.

Better than some YouTuber or shock jock, however. "

Yes. The word "minimal" is important in that statement

Manchester (she/her)

"We are all torn between two poles. Stay with the tribe and its shibboleths or question the tribal narrative. For our ancestors the second of these would have been a risky position whereas the first was a way to play safe. E.g. we need to kill some virgins so that the volcano God doesn't smite us...volcano still erupts after virgins are killed...we didn't kill enough and so on. We are also all at different points on the spectrum that ranges from blind obedience to universal contrarianism. The information that we seek out is in line with our position on the spectrum and therefore gives us little incentive to reposition ourselves.

The people that I admire the most are those who are prepared to seek out information that could possibly move them one way ot the other as this involves battling the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

Mr"

Short version: there are people who believe the stuff that I do, who think independently and are brave and noble. Or there are sheeple.

Simplistic black and white thinking. The choice is yucky BBC or my patriotic wonderful horse shit!

Pass

Near Taunton

I am not at all patriotic. I don't believe in magic soil that makes some people better than others. In addition I am not dismissive of the opinions of others. If you can’t argue against the points I make without reverting to straw manning and ad hominem arguments then probably best to keep quiet.

"We are all torn between two poles. Stay with the tribe and its shibboleths or question the tribal narrative. For our ancestors the second of these would have been a risky position whereas the first was a way to play safe. E.g. we need to kill some virgins so that the volcano God doesn't smite us...volcano still erupts after virgins are killed...we didn't kill enough and so on. We are also all at different points on the spectrum that ranges from blind obedience to universal contrarianism. The information that we seek out is in line with our position on the spectrum and therefore gives us little incentive to reposition ourselves.

Mr"

Absolutely this

Manchester (she/her)

"I am not at all patriotic. I don't believe in magic soil that makes some people better than others. In addition I am not dismissive of the opinions of others. If you can’t argue against the points I make without reverting to straw manning and ad hominem arguments then probably best to keep quiet."

I'll give your advice the weight it deserves. Thanks.

I'm pointing out your oversimplification of the issue. If you think it's down to two poles, then you're doing black and white thinking. Which does not allow for adequate analysis of the situation.

Patriotic was my extrapolation certainly. Let me be much more specific to you. On an earlier thread you said that you fell down this path because of the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

So... A dude lied about a blowjob therefore you assume stuff over twenty years later and a bunch of stuff in between is a conspiracy?

So governments tell the truth or they don't. That's black and white thinking. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the patterns you see are real, sometimes they're brain farts. Further analysis required, and a recognition of the spectrum of opinions.

(Given the length of my reply, you'll no doubt appreciate the weight of your advice in my mind)

Near Taunton

I actually used a spectrum in my example...you're telling me that there's a spectrum

How about because more people have been harmed by Covid vaccines than in the history of all other ones? But the complicity theorists don’t want to know about that… "

I expect you have proof from a fact-based source to back up that claim?

I was told that there was a lockdown coming, my argument was the public wouldn't have that.

I didn't put down the person who told me, I just thought it would be impossible thing to achieve.

Lockdown came, people complied, I was speechless, the person told me my job would be threatened by being forced to be vaccinated or face the sack, again I kept the faith the public wouldn't have it, but they complied.

And my job was put at risk, eventually it got so stupid fearing for my job, that I resigned and after me the rest of the team resigned.

Then Boris is caught having parties, that straw broke my back let alone a camel.

So after going through the mill only to be shown out to be a fool (my opinion on myself and no one else).

If this government told me the grass is green even though I could see it is I wouldn't believe them.

Because years ago before Social Media you could walk away from the prick in the pub - effectively silencing them.

Now they have a platform to pedal their shit and congregate with other likeminded and equally as defective humans! Lol

Near Taunton

"Because years ago before Social Media you could walk away from the prick in the pub - effectively silencing them.

Now they have a platform to pedal their shit and congregate with other likeminded and equally as defective humans! Lol "

It's peddle...as in peddler. Don't want you to be posting defective English.

Anti intellectualism. Everyone can be an expert if they watch YouTube

"The term conspiracy theory was created or at least popularised by the Warren Commission to disparage those who questioned the unlikely narrative"

Clever that, anyone who asks questions gets labelled as crazy and ridiculed, nothing new really, at least they've stopped burning people at the stake and torturing blasphemers.

p.s. I saw the thread earlier, and checked out your profile, you and the Mrs are in great shape, hmmm, genuinely open-minded and fit, I wonder if there's some connection....

Near Taunton

Thanks tall blk guy. I am in good shape because I have done the opposite of what I am supposed to do for the last 20 years

"Thanks tall blk guy. I am in good shape because I have done the opposite of what I am supposed to do for the last 20 years "

lol

By *kymeMan  over a year ago

palma

"The term conspiracy theory was created or at least popularised by the Warren Commision to disparage those who questioned the unlikely narrative re Lee Harvey Oswald. Seeing as the real perpetrators got away with it it's obviously an effective strategy to keep people quiet.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Because people need something to be paranoid about.

Near Taunton

Because people need something to be paranoid about. "

Paranoid? We weren't the ones sitting in our car, wearing a mask against a virus with a 99.9% survival rate

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

They are not a vaccine in the traditional sense. Gene therapy would be a better name for them but we digress.

Is critical thinking and questioning the narrative now seen as conspiracy theory?

Believe everything government, the main stream media and big pharma tell you blindly?

Has history not taught us anything?

They are not a vaccine in the traditional sense. Gene therapy would be a better name for them but we digress.

Is critical thinking and questioning the narrative now seen as conspiracy theory?

Believe everything government, the main stream media and big pharma tell you blindly?

Has history not taught us anything? "

"Because years ago before Social Media you could walk away from the prick in the pub - effectively silencing them.

Now they have a platform to pedal their shit and congregate with other likeminded and equally as defective humans! Lol

It's peddle...as in peddler. Don't want you to be posting defective English.

"

Dam, I am a pedaler! The Wish version of a peddler! I am no better than the whacko down the pub.

By *ertfordshiremaleMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

By *irtysnapperMan  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"Covid happened to coincide with a time when we had grifters, charlatans and criminals installed at the highest levels of government in several major world powers - the USA, the UK, Russia, India. These saw covid as an opportunity to personally line their pockets, so the lies started to spread from the very top downwards. With major governments promoting truth free agendas, this empowered every low level crank and scumbag to push any old crap they liked, secure in the knowledge that very few could now distinguish reality from fantasy. We have become a society where honesty is now punished, hurting others is rewarded, and those with criminal psychopath tendencies are given power.

This.

Believe it or not but I actually have the US Patent for research into a recumbent coronavirus way back from 2007... funded with American taxpayers money.... I still can't believe they did what they did to us... despicable indeed!

Because people need something to be paranoid about.

Paranoid? We weren't the ones sitting in our car, wearing a mask against a virus with a 99.9% survival rate "

A suspicious person might suggest the death rate would have been far higher without masks, distancing & vaccines. And that's rather the point.

Not me, of course. Bring on the internet experts, I says.

Chez/Sheff

"A suspicious person might suggest the death rate would have been far higher without masks, distancing & vaccines. And that's rather the point.

"

This so the problem, isn’t it? There is no control group to point to.

Same with climate change. We can’t run parallel planets and fast-forward a hundred years or so to see how different scenarios pan out.

We’re dependent upon computer modelling, and that’s easier to pick holes in.

Near Taunton

Because people need something to be paranoid

Paranoid? We weren't the ones sitting in our car, wearing a mask against a virus with a 99.9% survival rate

A suspicious person might suggest the death rate would have been far higher without masks, distancing & vaccines. And that's rather the point.

"

We can do a direct comparison between countries based upon measures taken. Those countries that chose, or had no choice through poverty, to do the least had the best outcomes e.g African countries, Haiti etc. The data is freely available and from scientific bodies.

We can do a direct comparison between countries based upon measures taken. Those countries that chose, or had no choice through poverty, to do the least had the best outcomes e.g African countries, Haiti etc. The data is freely available and from scientific bodies. "

Exact numbers for this sort of thing are surprisingly hard & often misleading. That's why I'm skeptical when any1 throws out the sort of number you did.

What is clear from many studies is vaccines significantly decrease mortality. Masks help too.

[Removed by poster at 17/01/23 12:04:05]

[Removed by poster at 17/01/23 12:04:02]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

The lunatics actually have taken over the asylum. "

This and yes, they did talk about that perfect opportunity as well.

Near Taunton

We can do a direct comparison between countries based upon measures taken. Those countries that chose, or had no choice through poverty, to do the least had the best outcomes e.g African countries, Haiti etc. The data is freely available and from scientific bodies.

Exact numbers for this sort of thing are surprisingly hard & often misleading. That's why I'm skeptical when any1 throws out the sort of number you did.

What is clear from many studies is vaccines significantly decrease mortality. Masks help too."

I can'tpost the full link as it is against forum rules but I can direct you to an article that explains it with official data. Go to

childrenshealthdefense. org defender covid-vaccine-deaths-cause-unknown

Feel free to criticise the findings but I will not consider smearing of the website or its owners as a valid counter argument

What is clear from many studies is vaccines significantly decrease mortality. Masks help too.

I can'tpost the full link as it is against forum rules but I can direct you to an article that explains it with official data. Go to

Feel free to criticise the findings but I will not consider smearing of the website or its owners as a valid counter argument "

So... based on what you said I looked up this website via wiki:

Children's Health Defense is an American 501(c)(3) nonprofit activist group mainly known for anti-vaccine propaganda and has been identified as one of the main sources of misinformation on vaccines.

Quite the source. I can see why you said you didn't want me criticising it.

Near Taunton

"Quite the source. I can see why you said you didn't want me criticising it. "

Debunk one fact from the article, bet you can't

Chez/Sheff

Anyone else noticed that those countries who don’t test for covid seem to have the lowest rates?

Near Taunton

The inventor of PCR, Kary Mullis stated categorically that the technique should not and cannot identify infections. At 20 cycles it is unreliable as he'll and at 40, that were used, it is worse than useless.

Dublin

Feel free to criticise the findings but I will not consider smearing of the website or its owners as a valid counter argument

Children's Health Defense is an American 501(c)(3) nonprofit activist group mainly known for anti-vaccine propaganda and has been identified as one of the main sources of misinformation on vaccines."

So because someone wrote that about them on wikipedia, that means its true does it?

"Quite the source. I can see why you said you didn't want me criticising it.

Debunk one fact from the article, bet you can't "

The title of the thread is: why all the conspiracy theories?

By posting such a dubious source & believing it, you have gone a long way towards demonstrating why many people believe conspiracy theories about vaccines.

It's incredibly sad. You have been lied to and manipulated, but you're completely unable to admit it.

Children's Health Defense is an American 501(c)(3) nonprofit activist group mainly known for anti-vaccine propaganda and has been identified as one of the main sources of misinformation on vaccines.

So because someone wrote that about them on wikipedia, that means its true does it? "

There are many citations about that antivax website on wiki actually.

It's hilarious & sad you're trying to defend an antivax website by trying to smear another website.

Manchester (she/her)

"Anyone else noticed that those countries who don’t test for covid seem to have the lowest rates?"

It's a bit like peek-a-boo. When mummy plays peek-a-boo she disappears

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

So because someone wrote that about them on wikipedia, that means its true does it?

It's hilarious & sad you're trying to defend an antivax website by trying to smear another website."

Surely someone who is anti-vaccine is the go to when you are arguing against vaccines? It's sorta baked right into the name?

It's hilarious & sad you're trying to defend an antivax website by trying to smear another website.Surely someone who is anti-vaccine is the go to when you are arguing against vaccines? It's sorta baked right into the name?"

Read up on the website for yourself if you wish. The place is seriously dubious when it comes to being a reliable source.

Manchester (she/her)

It's hilarious & sad you're trying to defend an antivax website by trying to smear another website.Surely someone who is anti-vaccine is the go to when you are arguing against vaccines? It's sorta baked right into the name?"

Surely you'd want to find a reputable source if truth matters at all?

Certain people are more interested in undermining truth than in truth itself. It's really odd, when you think about it.

Manchester (she/her)

"Certain people are more interested in undermining truth than in truth itself. It's really odd, when you think about it."

Sure. I'm trying to picture it from the perspective of the average punter, not someone who has an active interest in disinformation.

Like, you kind of distrust vaccines but you want what's best for your family. Don't you still... seek out reputable information? (By reputable I don't mean state sanctioned or whatever. I mean do some source analysis and ditch sources that fail basic credibility tests)

"Certain people are more interested in undermining truth than in truth itself. It's really odd, when you think about it.

Sure. I'm trying to picture it from the perspective of the average punter, not someone who has an active interest in disinformation.

Like, you kind of distrust vaccines but you want what's best for your family. Don't you still... seek out reputable information? (By reputable I don't mean state sanctioned or whatever. I mean do some source analysis and ditch sources that fail basic credibility tests)"

They don't do that, though, do they? We've witnessed as much on this thread.

Manchester (she/her)

"Certain people are more interested in undermining truth than in truth itself. It's really odd, when you think about it.

Like, you kind of distrust vaccines but you want what's best for your family. Don't you still... seek out reputable information? (By reputable I don't mean state sanctioned or whatever. I mean do some source analysis and ditch sources that fail basic credibility tests)

They don't do that, though, do they? We've witnessed as much on this thread."

I don't know. I'm not going to extrapolate from the people here to anyone who distrusts vaccines.

I also increasingly feel that "source analysis", a skill I take for granted, is not as widely available to the population as I'd thought. I thought it was like, a late secondary school skill. I'm increasingly feeling it's closer to impromptu iambic pentameter in Armenian. Alas

I don't know. I'm not going to extrapolate from the people here to anyone who distrusts vaccines.

I also increasingly feel that "source analysis", a skill I take for granted, is not as widely available to the population as I'd thought. I thought it was like, a late secondary school skill. I'm increasingly feeling it's closer to impromptu iambic pentameter in Armenian. Alas "

Source analysis should be taught to all at school. It's increasingly important in the modern world. Clearly.

Manchester (she/her)

I also increasingly feel that "source analysis", a skill I take for granted, is not as widely available to the population as I'd thought. I thought it was like, a late secondary school skill. I'm increasingly feeling it's closer to impromptu iambic pentameter in Armenian. Alas

Source analysis should be taught to all at school. It's increasingly important in the modern world. Clearly."

Absolutely. The more this shite goes on the more fortunate I feel. In early secondary school I was yanked from English, where I was bored witless, and given enrichment classes. The Mandarin I've pretty much forgotten, but the "pull apart this newspaper article to look for bias and weaknesses" I've built on and use every day of my life. (is this person full of shit? An analysis)

Near Taunton

It's hilarious & sad you're trying to defend an antivax website by trying to smear another website.Surely someone who is anti-vaccine is the go to when you are arguing against vaccines? It's sorta baked right into the name?

Surely you'd want to find a reputable source if truth matters at all?"

The article I linked to is on a website that painstakingly cited its sources which are all reputable, they are linked with highlighted text. These include John's Hopkins University. Rather than pile on to the website which is a secondary source (as they taught you at school) refute one of the sources or facts stated.

Is it just possible that multi billion dollar corporations might wish to smear a non profit website that has the capacity to ruin their income? Nah...they wouldn't do that, they have an unblemished track record when it comes to pitting patient safety first...

It's hilarious & sad you're trying to defend an antivax website by trying to smear another website.Surely someone who is anti-vaccine is the go to when you are arguing against vaccines? It's sorta baked right into the name?

Surely you'd want to find a reputable source if truth matters at all?

The article I linked to is on a website that painstakingly cited its sources which are all reputable, they are linked with highlighted text. These include John's Hopkins University. Rather than pile on to the website which is a secondary source (as they taught you at school) refute one of the sources or facts stated.

Is it just possible that multi billion dollar corporations might wish to smear a non profit website that has the capacity to ruin their income? Nah...they wouldn't do that, they have an unblemished track record when it comes to pitting patient safety first... "

But your website is not a trustable source. It just isn't. So just go to the trusted sources direct. Simple.

"The article I linked to is on a website that painstakingly cited its sources which are all reputable, they are linked with highlighted text. These include John's Hopkins University. Rather than pile on to the website which is a secondary source (as they taught you at school) refute one of the sources or facts stated.

Is it just possible that multi billion dollar corporations might wish to smear a non profit website that has the capacity to ruin their income? Nah...they wouldn't do that, they have an unblemished track record when it comes to pitting patient safety first... "

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink..... I'm so tired of all the division in our prideful society, it's seems like these days nobody can be wrong, or listen, or be willing to learn something new and the people who question things are demonised, sad times!

So I tend to ignore all the bullshit rhetoric and just live my life.

Near Taunton

Name one

Dublin

It's hilarious & sad you're trying to defend an antivax website by trying to smear another website."

Where have i defended anyone?

Honestly I think fab should just suspend the virus thread until the next pandemic. It's a subject like politics that nobody can agree on.

"Name one"

Name what? A trusted source?

The Lancet. The BMJ. The NHS. The CDC.

They should all be factual with Covid/vaccine/health info, as far as I'm aware.

Manchester (she/her)

"Honestly I think fab should just suspend the virus thread until the next pandemic. It's a subject like politics that nobody can agree on."

I actually think there's broad consensus on vaccines.

"Honestly I think fab should just suspend the virus thread until the next pandemic. It's a subject like politics that nobody can agree on.

I actually think there's broad consensus on vaccines."

Overwhelming, I gather.

"Honestly I think fab should just suspend the virus thread until the next pandemic. It's a subject like politics that nobody can agree on.

Overwhelming, I gather."

If that was the case then we wouldn't be subjected to these tedious circular discussions.

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

Bugger this.....I'm off for a covfefe.

Manchester (she/her)

Overwhelming, I gather.

If that was the case then we wouldn't be subjected to these tedious circular discussions."

There's a teeny tiny minority who think vaccines are icky because reasons. They're very loud.

Then there's everybody else.

Consensus isn't the same as monoculture.

If you find the conversation tedious, then maybe don't bother with it? You might feel better.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Surely you'd want to find a reputable source if truth matters at all?"

How do sources become reputable if dismissed because you disagree with their argument or facts?

Overwhelming, I gather.

If that was the case then we wouldn't be subjected to these tedious circular discussions.

There's a teeny tiny minority who think vaccines are icky because reasons. They're very loud.

If you find the conversation tedious, then maybe don't bother with it? You might feel better."

I feel fine, I'm quite well but thanks for the suggestion actually around 30% of people globally have decided against taking any covid vaccines, and that doesn't take into consideration the numerous people who took one but have opted out of taking the numerous boosters......

The best we all can do is agree to disagree.

Overwhelming, I gather.

If you find the conversation tedious, then maybe don't bother with it? You might feel better."

1 person shouting as hard as they can might make a lot more noise than far more people calmly talking.

Manchester (she/her)

Surely you'd want to find a reputable source if truth matters at all?How do sources become reputable if dismissed because you disagree with their argument or facts?"

A source is reputable based on the way they construct their arguments, their relationship with evidence, etc.

Source analysis isn't about ideology, it's about rhetoric, logic, and intellectual honesty.

I used to watch John Campbell, for example. The nurse educator who now earns a lot of money spinning anti vax stories. I turned off before that big shift happened.

I turned off, finally, because I found his arguments increasingly strained. It was around the time that the J&J/ChadOx side effects were coming to light. The impression I got - and you'll have to appreciate that this was some time ago - was that he was straining to find a reason why the mRNA vaccines had problems too, because we have to be proud of our great *British* vaccine. It's fine but irrelevant to be proud of a product because it's made in your country. When it's being used to stretch into "and this is why it's a good product and these other products are bad" - that's not an argument that has a place when determining the safety or applicability of a medical product.

Another person I watched (a doctor, pro mitigations, long before vaccines) - said that people with my medical condition were absolutely at high risk of Covid because of the steroids we take. Stated as fact. I don't take steroids and it's not a treatment for this condition. Intellectually dishonest.

Manchester (she/her)

Overwhelming, I gather.

If you find the conversation tedious, then maybe don't bother with it? You might feel better.

I feel fine, I'm quite well but thanks for the suggestion actually around 30% of people globally have decided against taking any covid vaccines, and that doesn't take into consideration the numerous people who took one but have opted out of taking the numerous boosters......

The best we all can do is agree to disagree."

Ok, cool. You do you.

I'm probably in a tiny minority when it comes to some of my views on Covid. I give zero fucks and need no cover from a group, whether your numbers are accurate or artificially inflated.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Because some.idiots have nothing better to do

Near Taunton

"Name one

They should all be factual with Covid/vaccine/health info, as far as I'm aware."

Ok, search BMJ vaccine safety, they have a few articles criticising the FDA for not following up on vaccine safety concerns....NHS..paid out £2 Billion I'm damages for incompetence, they are still advising diabetics to eat carbs and they have a waiting list of 7m people, CDC..advised people not to wear masks Spring 2021, two weeks later told people they must wear masks, a little later stated that if you were vaccinated you wouldn't be able to catch covid if you had been vaccinated and didn't need to wear a mask. If you want to know more about the CDC watch the Dallas buyers club. It's a good film. The CDC were preventing aids pairnts from buying drugs that could have saved them. The villain of the film is one Anthony Fauci.

"Name one

Ok, search BMJ vaccine safety, they have a few articles criticising the FDA for not following up on vaccine safety concerns....NHS..paid out £2 Billion I'm damages for incompetence, they are still advising diabetics to eat carbs and they have a waiting list of 7m people, CDC..advised people not to wear masks Spring 2021, two weeks later told people they must wear masks, a little later stated that if you were vaccinated you wouldn't be able to catch covid if you had been vaccinated and didn't need to wear a mask. If you want to know more about the CDC watch the Dallas buyers club. It's a good film. The CDC were preventing aids pairnts from buying drugs that could have saved them. The villain of the film is one Anthony Fauci. "

Quite the jumble of things there.

OK you have convinced me. Boo vaccines. As long as I don't have to read any more right now. I can't be bothered at the moment.

Dublin

"Name one

Ok, search BMJ vaccine safety, they have a few articles criticising the FDA for not following up on vaccine safety concerns....NHS..paid out £2 Billion I'm damages for incompetence, they are still advising diabetics to eat carbs and they have a waiting list of 7m people, CDC..advised people not to wear masks Spring 2021, two weeks later told people they must wear masks, a little later stated that if you were vaccinated you wouldn't be able to catch covid if you had been vaccinated and didn't need to wear a mask. If you want to know more about the CDC watch the Dallas buyers club. It's a good film. The CDC were preventing aids pairnts from buying drugs that could have saved them. The villain of the film is one Anthony Fauci.

OK you have convinced me. Boo vaccines. As long as I don't have to read any more right now. I can't be bothered at the moment."

Youre a very aggressive contributor when it comes to this stuff, and your default tactic seems to be to argue and belittle.

It does your viewpoint no favours whatsoever

"Name one

OK you have convinced me. Boo vaccines. As long as I don't have to read any more right now. I can't be bothered at the moment.

Youre a very aggressive contributor when it comes to this stuff, and your default tactic seems to be to argue and belittle.

It does your viewpoint no favours whatsoever "

Ah but I have now converted to the joys of hating vaccines. Vaccines schmaxines I now say. Just a pain in the arm innit.

Manchester (she/her)

"Name one

Ah but I have now converted to the joys of hating vaccines. Vaccines schmaxines I now say. Just a pain in the arm innit."

Dublin

"Name one

Ah but I have now converted to the joys of hating vaccines. Vaccines schmaxines I now say. Just a pain in the arm innit."

And at that point you cease to be taken seriously

"Name one

Ah but I have now converted to the joys of hating vaccines. Vaccines schmaxines I now say. Just a pain in the arm innit.

And at that point you cease to be taken seriously"

How dare you not take my incoherent vaccine hate seriously? Booo!

London

"Name one

It does your viewpoint no favours whatsoever "

I think mrmanslut makes some good points, and puts them over in a tactful manner.

Trouble is, truth hurts for some people, doesn't it?

Dublin

"Name one

I think mrmanslut makes some good points, and puts them over in a tactful manner.

Trouble is, truth hurts for some people, doesn't it?"

Ive no idea, im not making any points re the subject matter.

Im merely commenting on the way he is contributing to it

"Name one

Trouble is, truth hurts for some people, doesn't it?"

(I'm being v silly now, to be fair.)

Manchester (she/her)

"Name one

How dare you not take my incoherent vaccine hate seriously? Booo!"

I'd like to pick fault with your newfound hatred of vaccines.

By describing it as a pain in the arm, you undermine the vast suffering of those who have been vaccinated in the backside. Won't somebody be a voice for the voiceless?!

"Name one

Trouble is, truth hurts for some people, doesn't it?

Ive no idea, im not making any points re the subject matter.

Im merely commenting on the way he is contributing to it"

I blame myself too. Boo to manslut!

"Name one

By describing it as a pain in the arm, you undermine the vast suffering of those who have been vaccinated in the backside. Won't somebody be a voice for the voiceless?!"

Now this really is a race to the bottom!

Manchester (she/her)

"Name one

By describing it as a pain in the arm, you undermine the vast suffering of those who have been vaccinated in the backside. Won't somebody be a voice for the voiceless?!

Now this really is a race to the bottom!"

I think people who have had the jab dont want to see not an ounce of anything that goes against it. A bit like the mainstream narrative, they have only one view and thats it. Doesnt matter if your a viral expert, cardiologist, or helped with inventing the technology of MRNA. Just gotta shut up and do as TV says

London

Let's face it, conspiracy theories are always going to be an emotive subject, but even more so when related to Covid.

Time to close the thread, perhaps, before it gets too heated?

Manchester (she/her)

"I think people who have had the jab dont want to see not an ounce of anything that goes against it. A bit like the mainstream narrative, they have only one view and thats it. Doesnt matter if your a viral expert, cardiologist, or helped with inventing the technology of MRNA. Just gotta shut up and do as TV says"

I think that that's an antivax argument as old as time, and if I were scared of counterargument, I wouldn't be here or so familiar with so many contemporary arguments about vaccines.

Manchester (she/her)

"Let's face it, conspiracy theories are always going to be an emotive subject, but even more so when related to Covid.

Time to close the thread, perhaps, before it gets too heated?"

It's not got long to go, and it'll come up again

Dublin

"I think people who have had the jab dont want to see not an ounce of anything that goes against it. A bit like the mainstream narrative, they have only one view and thats it. Doesnt matter if your a viral expert, cardiologist, or helped with inventing the technology of MRNA. Just gotta shut up and do as TV says

I think that that's an antivax argument as old as time, and if I were scared of counterargument, I wouldn't be here or so familiar with so many contemporary arguments about vaccines."

Antivax argument?

Its common sense to posit that people who have taken something might not want to hear anything negative about it. Thats only human nature

Manchester (she/her)

"I think people who have had the jab dont want to see not an ounce of anything that goes against it. A bit like the mainstream narrative, they have only one view and thats it. Doesnt matter if your a viral expert, cardiologist, or helped with inventing the technology of MRNA. Just gotta shut up and do as TV says

I think that that's an antivax argument as old as time, and if I were scared of counterargument, I wouldn't be here or so familiar with so many contemporary arguments about vaccines.

Antivax argument?

Its common sense to posit that people who have taken something might not want to hear anything negative about it. Thats only human nature "

Yes, it's an argument often put forward by those in that camp. (Yes I know they call themselves other things and find the characterisation unflattering. I don't care)

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

This was an interesting read.....

Winston

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I thought the CIA conspiracy came later. I thought the warren report denied that LHO was part of a wider conspiracy. Rather than being a patsy in another conspiracy.

The trouble is just because one theory is proved true, that doesn't mean they all are. The trouble with some of the vaccine ones is it needs everyone to be involved. Not a small group of Americans.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

People do what makes money.... Social media makes money. In this case they also had a worldwide free advertising campaign running 24/7/365 to pump their output. That and people being thick and unable to reason beyond 128 bytes

Manchester (she/her)

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me dozens of times then...I thought the CIA conspiracy came later. I thought the warren report denied that LHO was part of a wider conspiracy. Rather than being a patsy in another conspiracy.

The trouble is just because one theory is proved true, that doesn't mean they all are. The trouble with some of the vaccine ones is it needs everyone to be involved. Not a small group of Americans. "

Yes. The idea that any of these huge conspiracies might be true - requires a level of coordination, cooperation and total secrecy... That anyone who's tried to organise even a tiny group of people knows is impossible

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

It "

And why not. They make mistakes and may get mislead like anyone but the BBC is not an organisation of 22,000 people intentionally spreading lies and false narratives… they leave that work to the 2000 puppets of Putin who work for RT

teleford

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me dozens of times then...I thought the CIA conspiracy came later. I thought the warren report denied that LHO was part of a wider conspiracy. Rather than being a patsy in another conspiracy.

The trouble is just because one theory is proved true, that doesn't mean they all are. The trouble with some of the vaccine ones is it needs everyone to be involved. Not a small group of Americans.

Yes. The idea that any of these huge conspiracies might be true - requires a level of coordination, cooperation and total secrecy... That anyone who's tried to organise even a tiny group of people knows is impossible "

Some folk can’t even keep a secret in the company of just themselves

Dublin

I have to laugh when i read some of these comments. People banging on about conspiracies, and how there's no way anybody could be conspiring with groups and govts etc

This is all strawman nonsense thrown out there to discredit the vaccine hesitant. The vast majority of people who have an issue with the covid vaccine aren't citing any 'conspiracies'. Their issues surround side effects, distrust of large pharma companies and the general lack of need for this thing if one is relatively young and healthy.

Perhaps the permanently smug amongst you should just recognise all this rather than trying to personate an unfunny comedian.

Tin town

"I have to laugh when i read some of these comments. People banging on about conspiracies, and how there's no way anybody could be conspiring with groups and govts etc

This is all strawman nonsense thrown out there to discredit the vaccine hesitant. The vast majority of people who have an issue with the covid vaccine aren't citing any 'conspiracies'. Their issues surround side effects, distrust of large pharma companies and the general lack of need for this thing if one is relatively young and healthy.

Perhaps the permanently smug amongst you should just recognise all this rather than trying to personate an unfunny comedian. "

Very true. Don't come here with your reasoned argument.

By *ertfordshiremaleMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Davos 2023 is this week

Klaus Schwab "you will own nothing and be happy"

Look at all the WEF members who are in power around the world.

The last 5 British PMs have all been schooled by the WEF.

Nothing to see here.

keep calm & carry on

Yes. The idea that any of these huge conspiracies might be true - requires a level of coordination, cooperation and total secrecy... That anyone who's tried to organise even a tiny group of people knows is impossible "

To think the party in power, plus all opposing parties of circa 165 countries collaborated/colluded in a Covid conspiracy is so far beyond fantasy it's utterly ridiculous.

Winston

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I have to laugh when i read some of these comments. People banging on about conspiracies, and how there's no way anybody could be conspiring with groups and govts etc

Perhaps the permanently smug amongst you should just recognise all this rather than trying to personate an unfunny comedian. "

I'd say it's a strawman to say that anyone who is vaccine hesitant is labeled a conspiracy theorists. I guess it's tej circles you hang around in.

There does appear to be a number of conspiracy theories around COVID. From microchips, to sportsmen deaths, to COVID being worldwide population control.

That's just off the top of my head.

Tin town

Perhaps the permanently smug amongst you should just recognise all this rather than trying to personate an unfunny comedian. I'd say it's a strawman to say that anyone who is vaccine hesitant is labeled a conspiracy theorists. I guess it's tej circles you hang around in.

There does appear to be a number of conspiracy theories around COVID. From microchips, to sportsmen deaths, to COVID being worldwide population control.

That's just off the top of my head. "

I saw one the other day saying it was DIVOC Backwards...still not sure what that means

Near Taunton

Yes. The idea that any of these huge conspiracies might be true - requires a level of coordination, cooperation and total secrecy... That anyone who's tried to organise even a tiny group of people knows is impossible

To think the party in power, plus all opposing parties of circa 165 countries collaborated/colluded in a Covid conspiracy is so far beyond fantasy it's utterly ridiculous.

Winston

"

Why were anti measure people censored? If the narrative were true it wouldn't need the media and government to shit down dissenters. They don't shut down flat earthers. Why were we constantly bombarded with fear porn? If it had been serious I would have quarantined myself and got myself a safe and effective vaccine. If nothing else it was a gross overreaction.

Winston

Why were anti measure people censored? If the narrative were true it wouldn't need the media and government to shit down dissenters. They don't shut down flat earthers. Why were we constantly bombarded with fear porn? If it had been serious I would have quarantined myself and got myself a safe and effective vaccine. If nothing else it was a gross overreaction. "

Flat earthers don't have the potential to kill people with their stupidity would be my guess.

You didn't think Covid was serious?

Winston

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

Winston

Why were anti measure people censored? If the narrative were true it wouldn't need the media and government to shit down dissenters. They don't shut down flat earthers. Why were we constantly bombarded with fear porn? If it had been serious I would have quarantined myself and got myself a safe and effective vaccine. If nothing else it was a gross overreaction. "

The thing is that believing that the Earth is flat has no consequences.

Refusing to believe that a virus that can cause death and life changing side effects doesn't exist or that the vaccines are intended to kill people does.

Manchester (she/her)

Winston

"

Quite. Occam's razor. What's more likely - that a virus exists for which there's evidence that warranted the kind of reaction we saw in 2020, or that that many politicians are capable of a vaguely unified message without stabbing each other in the back?

If you think the latter, I don't think you've paid attention to any politicians in at least my lifetime

Tin town

Winston

Quite. Occam's razor. What's more likely - that a virus exists for which there's evidence that warranted the kind of reaction we saw in 2020, or that that many politicians are capable of a vaguely unified message without stabbing each other in the back?

If you think the latter, I don't think you've paid attention to any politicians in at least my lifetime "

You know at least nicola sturgeon would disagree and take them to court.

Manchester (she/her)

Perhaps the permanently smug amongst you should just recognise all this rather than trying to personate an unfunny comedian. I'd say it's a strawman to say that anyone who is vaccine hesitant is labeled a conspiracy theorists. I guess it's tej circles you hang around in.

That's just off the top of my head. "

There's one prominent... person who has said on his website that the vaccines are a plot by Martians along with the global elite to depopulate the planet. (Why would I make this shit up? I don't want this kind of stupid to exist)

It might be palatable for those with extreme views to lump themselves in with those who genuinely don't know and are concerned.

However, it's pretty fucking insulting to lump in those genuinely trying to navigate the world, with those creating clickbait about motherfucking Martians.

Do the vaccine hesitant exist? Sure. They're probably not that numerous at this late stage. Most have shat or got off the pot.

Is it my job to bend over backwards for everyone, including those I believe to be arguing in bad faith, because a vaccine hesitant person might be around? Absolutely not.

Manchester (she/her)

Winston

If you think the latter, I don't think you've paid attention to any politicians in at least my lifetime

You know at least nicola sturgeon would disagree and take them to court."

Right?!

Very true

"Honestly I think fab should just suspend the virus thread until the next pandemic. It's a subject like politics that nobody can agree on."

Dublin

There's one prominent... person who has said on his website that the vaccines are a plot by Martians along with the global elite to depopulate the planet. (Why would I make this shit up? I don't want this kind of stupid to exist)

It might be palatable for those with extreme views to lump themselves in with those who genuinely don't know and are concerned.

However, it's pretty fucking insulting to lump in those genuinely trying to navigate the world, with those creating clickbait about motherfucking Martians.

Do the vaccine hesitant exist? Sure. They're probably not that numerous at this late stage. Most have shat or got off the pot.

Is it my job to bend over backwards for everyone, including those I believe to be arguing in bad faith, because a vaccine hesitant person might be around? Absolutely not."

A 'prominent' person on this site?

Its a fuck site. Give over will ya

Manchester (she/her)

Is it my job to bend over backwards for everyone, including those I believe to be arguing in bad faith, because a vaccine hesitant person might be around? Absolutely not.

Its a fuck site. Give over will ya"

I didn't say on this site. I said "on his website". Hope this helps

"

Winston

Why were anti measure people censored? If the narrative were true it wouldn't need the media and government to shit down dissenters. They don't shut down flat earthers. Why were we constantly bombarded with fear porn? If it had been serious I would have quarantined myself and got myself a safe and effective vaccine. If nothing else it was a gross overreaction.

Refusing to believe that a virus that can cause death and life changing side effects doesn't exist or that the vaccines are intended to kill people does. "

That some people can't see the difference is worrying.

Winston

Manchester (she/her)

"

Winston

Refusing to believe that a virus that can cause death and life changing side effects doesn't exist or that the vaccines are intended to kill people does.

Winston "

They might know the difference. They just might not care.

To me that's more worrying.

Its a fuck site. Give over will ya"

"A prominent person on his website" not "A prominent person on this website".

Winston

Near Taunton

"

Winston

Winston

To me that's more worrying."

The results of the Milgram experiment are what worry me the most.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Winston

Winston

To me that's more worrying.

The results of the Milgram experiment are what worry me the most."

I think the sociopathic calling out for the pub and holidays (dead grandmas be damned) we saw in early 2020 is far worse than any of the interpretations of the Milgram and other social conformity experiments.

You'll note I'm not condoning the latter. I'm saying the former is far worse.

Near Taunton

If the government had wanted to save grandmothers they wouldn't have sent infected patients from hospitals into care homes. They killed many more than anyone visiting a pub, which was probably none.

Manchester (she/her)

"If the government had wanted to save grandmothers they wouldn't have sent infected patients from hospitals into care homes. They killed many more than anyone visiting a pub, which was probably none."

I'm not condoning the government's actions.

I'm condemning the blood chilling jaw dropping sociopathy many of us saw in the early days.

Nothing that has happened throughout this pandemic compares to that sheer evil.

Near Taunton

Going to the pub is sociopathic?

"Going to the pub is sociopathic?"

Only if it's a Wetherspoons.

Manchester (she/her)

"Going to the pub is sociopathic?"

Breaking quarantine when you've been told it could lead to disability, death, or further crisis in the healthcare system is.

Putting your need for a pint over the potential for a slow and painful death, or lifetime disability, is.

Now, thanks to vaccines, many can and do go to the pub with minimal outbreaks and less acute complications when disease is spread.

But the sociopathy remains.

Were the government also sociopathic? Yup

Are the Milgram experiments good? No

Those who valued their normal social routine over societal health are the worst of all of them. (Whether or not they now cling to jibberish to make themselves feel better about the last few years)

Near Taunton

"Going to the pub is sociopathic?

Only if it's a Wetherspoons."

That's a risk factor of visiting not a diagnostic

"Going to the pub is sociopathic?

Only if it's a Wetherspoons."

Thread drift... I had a cracking scampi and chips in my local Spoons the other day.

As you were everyone........

Winston

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"If the government had wanted to save grandmothers they wouldn't have sent infected patients from hospitals into care homes. They killed many more than anyone visiting a pub, which was probably none."

The government should definitely have done more to stop infected patients going into care homes but a lot of damage was done a few weeks earlier. Lockdown even 10 days earlier would have saved so many lives . It is hard to believe that super spreader events like Cheltenham / Liverpool V Atheltico Madrid were allowed to take place seeded and spawning massive transmission spread both here and internationally whilst Boris had already said Superman Brexit Britain could take economic advantage of avoiding lockdown-

I am sure when the Covid inquiry happens this will all be looked at in detail but the delay into first lockdown was critical as is the motivation for the delay in making the decision

Tin town

I'm sure the thorough,complete and unbiased enquiry will tell us all what we can do better next time.

Weymouth

"I'm sure the thorough,complete and unbiased enquiry will tell us all what we can do better next time. "

One could argue that operation Alice in 2016 could have told us that, it’s something Hunt keeps very quiet about.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm sure the thorough,complete and unbiased enquiry will tell us all what we can do better next time. "

Unfortunately I think it'll be one for the history books. If history hasn't been trashed by politics by then

Weymouth

"I'm sure the thorough,complete and unbiased enquiry will tell us all what we can do better next time.

One could argue that operation Alice in 2016 could have told us that, it’s something Hunt keeps very quiet about."

Correction Exercise Alice

teleford

. Vaccine hesitancy and distrust is something very separate from those put their trust in those spouting fiction.

The American version was called Dark Winter.

Manchester (she/her)

Perhaps the permanently smug amongst you should just recognise all this rather than trying to personate an unfunny comedian. . Vaccine hesitancy and distrust is something very separate from those put their trust in those spouting fiction. "

Indeed. There's certainly a spectrum and perhaps some overlap between some hesitant people and the lower end of conspiratorial, but they're overwhelmingly separate groups and very easy to tell apart.

Tin town

"I'm sure the thorough,complete and unbiased enquiry will tell us all what we can do better next time.

One could argue that operation Alice in 2016 could have told us that, it’s something Hunt keeps very quiet about.

Correction Exercise Alice"

Who the fuck is Alice?

Manchester (she/her)

Who the fuck is Alice? "

A government exercise to try to plan for an outbreak of a coronavirus.

The idea that they were ill prepared because they'd only planned for bad flu is bollocks.

By *andS300ABCCouple  over a year ago

BRIGHTON

Brains and Beauty!

A lovely combination

Your fans

J and s

By *andS300ABCCouple  over a year ago

BRIGHTON

[Removed by poster at 18/01/23 00:10:49]

Manchester (she/her)

Who the fuck is Alice? "

https://youtu.be/w6lVgPvMg1o