FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid pasta

Covid pasta

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I finished my last packet of dried pasta today... That I paid 39 p for 2 years ago...its now over a pound for the same packet..

Has anybody got any pasta or bog rolls or tinned tomatoes left from the days of shopping like it would be our last shop?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Took me ages to get rid of my massive bag of penne but managed it a while ago! I still have a few boxes of LFTs if anyone wants them?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Took me ages to get rid of my massive bag of penne but managed it a while ago! I still have a few boxes of LFTs if anyone wants them?

"

I go through nearly a big bag of pasta a month, I know I eat too much. My brother in law however still has loads of tins of baked from before brexit. He was worried it would hard to get them after brexit. Weirdly he doesn't really eat many beans and he voted leave.

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

" I finished my last packet of dried pasta today... That I paid 39 p for 2 years ago...its now over a pound for the same packet..

Has anybody got any pasta or bog rolls or tinned tomatoes left from the days of shopping like it would be our last shop? "

Did people really do that?

Yes people really did do that, its as though they turned into zombies out for all they could get, it didn't matter about anybody else, a classic case of i'm alright bruv fuck you, selfish to the core!

Heaven forbid should we find ourselves in the same situation again, the same moronic bog roll and pasta hoarders would come out of their burrows and strip the shelves bare again, without a thought for anyone else?

We vividly remember watching two fat arrogant guys fighting over hand sanitiser in B&M near us, two grown men behaving like animals, it was so pathetic and very sad to watch, yet barely a couple of weeks later, the shelves were full of the stuff everywhere you went? The pandemic lockdowns were bad enough to live through, but you dread to think what these people would be like if a catastrophic natural disaster or a major conflict hit the country, meatheads like those two lard arses would lose their heads and be out emptying every shelf before 8am!

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

I didn't panic buy at all. I always buy in bulk with thing like toiletries so never really noticed a difference.

By *ainbow_RoadWoman  over a year ago

Near Leamington Spa

I didn't panic buy, so.... a while ago...

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Took me ages to get rid of my massive bag of penne but managed it a while ago! I still have a few boxes of LFTs if anyone wants them?

"

30 boxes of LFT kits, although still used regularly by friends, family and colleagues.

Sure beats £15 per box they are now..

Longridge

Problem is, have you noticed that the "Yes people really did do that, its as though they turned into zombies out for all they could get, it didn't matter about anybody else, a classic case of i'm alright bruv fuck you, selfish to the core!" still continues today, especially on the roads?

Tin town

30 boxes of LFT kits, although still used regularly by friends, family and colleagues.

Sure beats £15 per box they are now.."

Do any of them actually work any more? Doesn't the juice dry up?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Yes people really did do that, its as though they turned into zombies out for all they could get, it didn't matter about anybody else, a classic case of i'm alright bruv fuck you, selfish to the core!

Heaven forbid should we find ourselves in the same situation again, the same moronic bog roll and pasta hoarders would come out of their burrows and strip the shelves bare again, without a thought for anyone else?

We vividly remember watching two fat arrogant guys fighting over hand sanitiser in B&M near us, two grown men behaving like animals, it was so pathetic and very sad to watch, yet barely a couple of weeks later, the shelves were full of the stuff everywhere you went? The pandemic lockdowns were bad enough to live through, but you dread to think what these people would be like if a catastrophic natural disaster or a major conflict hit the country, meatheads like those two lard arses would lose their heads and be out emptying every shelf before 8am!"

Was pathetic watching people behave that way especially when it was very obvious that there was never going to be a shortage of food or bog roll.

Was absolutely sickening to see photos of all the wasted food dumped in bins.

"Problem is, have you noticed that the "Yes people really did do that, its as though they turned into zombies out for all they could get, it didn't matter about anybody else, a classic case of i'm alright bruv fuck you, selfish to the core!" still continues today, especially on the roads?"

Oh definitely on the roads, that will never change, probably get a lot worse!

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Meanwhile the supermarkets are making huge profits

Longridge

Do any of them actually work any more? Doesn't the juice dry up? "

All sealed and dated until December '24..

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Problem is, have you noticed that the "Yes people really did do that, its as though they turned into zombies out for all they could get, it didn't matter about anybody else, a classic case of i'm alright bruv fuck you, selfish to the core!" still continues today, especially on the roads?"
Aren't you doing the same thing just in another way? At one point it was neigh on impossible to get an lft test. Hoarding them is no different than toilet paper or pasta in my eyes

You sound like a bunch of end of the world pepper's.

By *p2norfolkngoodMan  over a year ago

Norwich

"You sound like a bunch of end of the world pepper's. "

How hot is that on the Scoville scale?

By *illingdon_ladMan  over a year ago

Bicester

I remember when the supermarkets imposed the only 3 of each rule, I saw a guy pick up 3 of each veriety of pasta and actually argued with the checkout person when they tried stopping him. All I could think was I hope you c___ke on them you selfish prick!

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Real selfish human nature was on clear display. Told you all you needed to know about your neighbours.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Like DD above, I tend to buy in bulk anyway, and fortunately had done so not long before the madness began.

I did have to get a bit creative with the cooking for awhile to make up for shortages, but no hoarding here.

Tin town

"You sound like a bunch of end of the world pepper's. "

That's the first time I've seen the word pepper used as an insult... Its quite a good one though. I like it. And next time I feel the need to insult someone I shall try to work it in.

Manchester (she/her)

"You sound like a bunch of end of the world pepper's.

That's the first time I've seen the word pepper used as an insult... Its quite a good one though. I like it. And next time I feel the need to insult someone I shall try to work it in. "

I think it's an autocarrot for prepper.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

That's the first time I've seen the word pepper used as an insult... Its quite a good one though. I like it. And next time I feel the need to insult someone I shall try to work it in.

I think it's an autocarrot for prepper."

Pepper was better

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's an autocarrot for prepper.

Pepper was better "

It is quite amusing.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Pasta and bog roll were two of the most bought items when folk were panic buying.

Eating too much pasta make you constipated. Thats the logic we were dealing with.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"Pasta and bog roll were two of the most bought items when folk were panic buying.

Eating too much pasta make you constipated. Thats the logic we were dealing with. "

Makes*

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Yes it does. I bought a box and took the things back as there was barely 1 drop of liquid in the vials. Got them to open the replacement box and check contents.

Not sure how it happens when they're sealed, but it does.

"

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Our local shops had no pasta, loo rolls, kitchen roll, soap, hand wash, body wash etc

I still wonder who has cupboards full of soap - it takes a while to get through a bar

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

Where you lot buying big bags of pasta?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I got caught up in the general air of stocking up and bought a tin of carrots. I think we ate them in a stew a few months ago.

Manchester (she/her)

"Pasta and bog roll were two of the most bought items when folk were panic buying.

Eating too much pasta make you constipated. Thats the logic we were dealing with. "

I think it was survival instinct. Every man for themselves, everything is coming apart, hoard.

I don't think it was logic at all.

By *ugzbunny1Man  over a year ago

Swindon

When everyone else was hoarding and queuing, I bought a bean to cup coffee machine... Best purchase ever, especially with lock down...

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I’m low on loo roll

By *ungandMan  over a year ago

daveyhulme

Still have tins of fruit and soup from lockdown

And pizza in the freezer think it may have gone past its best

By *tevied1976Man  over a year ago

gloucester

"I’m low on loo roll"

Use the brush...that's what it's there for right?

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

The only thing I did panic buy was toilet rolls, simply because everyone else was, so when I found some…I bought loads lol

I’d rather go without food than bog paper!

By *igBrianSWMan  over a year ago

Near WSM

Didn’t panic buy here. To be honest, work was so crazy leading up to the first lockdown that I didn’t really register there was a problem until I was down to the cardboard on my last roll of loo paper! As it happened our local minimarket managed to get reasonably priced supplies of loo roll, flour, pasta and suchlike.

By *arsesCouple  over a year ago

15 mins south of Gatwick

"Meanwhile the supermarkets are making huge profits"

And trying to do it again now, with tomatoes!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

I’ve a box in which the juice has largely disappeared, be lucky to get enough test solution without using 3.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Meanwhile the supermarkets are making huge profits

And trying to do it again now, with tomatoes! "

No profits are made by empty shelves! . There is a real supply issue due to weather, both now and earlier in the growing cycle.. When a grower normally supplies 50 pallets a week to France and 50 pallets a week to a British supermarket that always screws them and has custom checks and paperwork…. When the grower has less product and can only supply 50 pallets in total, who do you suppose will receive a supply.. it ain’t us!

"Yes it does. I bought a box and took the things back as there was barely 1 drop of liquid in the vials. Got them to open the replacement box and check contents.

There was hardly any fluid in the vials when they were first rolled out for free. Seems even less so now you have to pay for them? I had to scrape the contents of most of the ones in the last pack I got to take a test... But is anyone even bothered about covid now?

"Yes it does. I bought a box and took the things back as there was barely 1 drop of liquid in the vials. Got them to open the replacement box and check contents.

Do any of them actually work any more? Doesn't the juice dry up?

There was hardly any fluid in the vials when they were first rolled out for free. Seems even less so now you have to pay for them? I had to scrape the contents of most of the ones in the last pack I got to take a test... But is anyone even bothered about covid now? "

Or more accurately I should say - anyone where they'll not be considered a 'mass economic loss in droves'. Sadly they're many still extremely vulnerable now getting ignored

"The only thing I did panic buy was toilet rolls, simply because everyone else was, so when I found some…I bought loads lol

I’d rather go without food than bog paper!"

If you go without food for long enough, you won't need any bog paper.

» Add a new message to this topic