FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > First time Covid infection

First time Covid infection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

So I have avoided it for nearly three years but I suppose it was inevitable that I would get it at some point.

Got to say that if this is how a mild infection feels, I would dread to think what a bad one is like. I would not wish these last 48 hours on anyone and any hope that I might be feeling better with each passing hour seems to be forlorn.

Can't help but wonder how the spread of Covid is now being tracked with the lack of widely available tests. Whilst I did buy some test kits, I can't help but wonder how many people now just don't bother.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Get well soon

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I believe mild is any infection that doesn't involve the hospital.

Feel better soon.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Hope you feel better soon.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Get well soon and Mr4 had it just before it was a "Thing" as a nurse who's a friend her chap hd it aswell plus our neighbors next door and the ones downstairs all around the same time ? plus they had more than the avarage number of cases of the same thing/symptons up at the local hospital where the nurse works and fecking evil stuff and took months for him to recover from it .....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's disappointing, I'm sure, to finally get it, after the calamity of the past years has treated you fortunately. I'm assuming that more of us in the same position will succumb, as time passes.

It's a wake up call that it's not disappeared, just that cases, including in hospital, from flu and covid, are in decline.

Hope you get signs of relief and recovery ASAP OP

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I doubt Covid is still tracked/tested to any meaningful degree here anymore.

On the good news front: the majority of us now have some level of protection from vaccines. And I gather there are now treatments for Covid if it gets serious.

By *lawioMan  over a year ago

caernarfon

Had it twice now must be one of the lucky ones though just like a very mild cold for me both times hope you feel better soon xx

By *lipandSlide777Couple  over a year ago

Bideford

I guess we've just been very fortunate, never been tested positive for the covids, but did have the sniffles a couple of times over the last 3 years.

By *uyForeLadiesMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I guess we've just been very fortunate, never been tested positive for the covids, but did have the sniffles a couple of times over the last 3 years."

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"I guess we've just been very fortunate, never been tested positive for the covids, but did have the sniffles a couple of times over the last 3 years."

Ah bless…

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

You can still get it when vaccinated! My best friend gave to me when he was getting a blood transfusion in hospital, Due to the type of cancer he had. He got a call from the hospital saying he was positive when he was visiting me, Then I got symptoms and i got it really bad but he got it mild even though he had terminal cancer. sadly he died nearly 4 weeks ago. I got taken to hospital for a checkup just to confirm it was Covid and check things luckily i was fine. However these vaccines ain't good for everyone! some have had complications from having them they were made rather quick. Ashame they can't cure cancer as quickly as the vaccine for Covid? Hope you get better soon. Take care XO

North West

So it’s Thursday morning and I think (and hope) that the worst is over. Me and Mrs H both have it. She is ten years younger than me and her symptoms were quite mild compared to mine.

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning was the worst with my blood oxygen dropping to 93% and breathing was very difficult with the amount of fluid in my lungs that would not clear with coughing.

We are both vaccinated (and boosted up to date) and I do wonder if the vaccination limited the symptoms or if it had no effect whatsoever because this was a new variant.

I think that had it limited the symptoms then I am very lucky because anything worse than I experienced yesterday would probably have ended up in hospitalisation - at best.

Then again, if the vaccination had no effect whatsoever because it was a new variant, I question the point of playing catch-up with vaccinations if they can only protect from existing variants and not the ever-evolving new ones.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We've both had it 3 times now. It's been really mild each time (tiredness, brain fog, slight cough) but it feels like it takes longer to fully recover. My last one was just before Christmas and I still feel generally grotty.

Tracking wise, it seems like social media is the only indicator of 'waves' now. We'll notice a general uptick in friends posting that they've got it every now and then. It seems fairly quiet at the moment.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Get well soon OP!

I have had it twice now and the second time AFTER recovering from what I considered to be a much milder covid infection than the first time, I ended up in hospital with a chest infection that totally wiped me out (or more to the point my breathing) thanks to lung damage from Covid basically. So even when you are better be a little kinder to yourself, just in case

Filthy Fuckeryville

"So it’s Thursday morning and I think (and hope) that the worst is over. Me and Mrs H both have it. She is ten years younger than me and her symptoms were quite mild compared to mine.

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning was the worst with my blood oxygen dropping to 93% and breathing was very difficult with the amount of fluid in my lungs that would not clear with coughing.

We are both vaccinated (and boosted up to date) and I do wonder if the vaccination limited the symptoms or if it had no effect whatsoever because this was a new variant.

I think that had it limited the symptoms then I am very lucky because anything worse than I experienced yesterday would probably have ended up in hospitalisation - at best.

Then again, if the vaccination had no effect whatsoever because it was a new variant, I question the point of playing catch-up with vaccinations if they can only protect from existing variants and not the ever-evolving new ones."

My take on it is sod it I had the vaccinations to date so no harm having more. If they help me great, if they don't it is no real loss.

However if your blood oxygen was that low I hope you at least consulted a medical professional

First time I had it, last July was horrible. Almost went to hospital but fortunately on day three it started to get better/less shite.

Hope you feel better ASAP!

North West

So after feeling that I was well on the road to recovery, Sunday saw Covid make an about turn and come at me again.

What is it with this virus?… A week goes by and you think it’s all over and then it comes back again and puts you in a str4nglehold.

Filthy Fuckeryville

"So after feeling that I was well on the road to recovery, Sunday saw Covid make an about turn and come at me again.

What is it with this virus?… A week goes by and you think it’s all over and then it comes back again and puts you in a str4nglehold."

Hope you are ok, as I say it put me in hospital after I had it and was better

Be kind to yourself OP, rest, drink plenty and give yourself time to get well

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"So after feeling that I was well on the road to recovery, Sunday saw Covid make an about turn and come at me again.

What is it with this virus?… A week goes by and you think it’s all over and then it comes back again and puts you in a str4nglehold."

In our experience, initial phase was really bad for a few days.. Then felt better.. But then felt lightheaded and fatigued for the next week

I found N-Acetyl cysteine, quercetin and coenzyme q10 supplements helped a lot

You out if the woods yet OP?

After my first go of it last year, my easy 20 minute walk to work resulted in me having sweated through my clothes by the time I get to work amd taking a while to cool down for the next two months or more. Before that cleared.

It is the gift that keeps on giving. Hooe you avoid that and are getter or are better soon.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So I have avoided it for nearly three years but I suppose it was inevitable that I would get it at some point.

Got to say that if this is how a mild infection feels, I would dread to think what a bad one is like. I would not wish these last 48 hours on anyone and any hope that I might be feeling better with each passing hour seems to be forlorn.

Can't help but wonder how the spread of Covid is now being tracked with the lack of widely available tests. Whilst I did buy some test kits, I can't help but wonder how many people now just don't bother."

tests don’t stop infection or transmission

"So I have avoided it for nearly three years but I suppose it was inevitable that I would get it at some point.

Can't help but wonder how the spread of Covid is now being tracked with the lack of widely available tests. Whilst I did buy some test kits, I can't help but wonder how many people now just don't bother.tests don’t stop infection or transmission "

Indeed...but people's results were collected for statistical analysis to track infections, hotshpots etc.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Can't help but wonder how the spread of Covid is now being tracked with the lack of widely available tests. Whilst I did buy some test kits, I can't help but wonder how many people now just don't bother.tests don’t stop infection or transmission

Indeed...but people's results were collected for statistical analysis to track infections, hotshpots etc. "

so the more tests we have the better chance of stopping transmission so we can look at statistics? And keep away from hot spots ? Interesting

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

My organisation still provide tests for staff if you ask for them.

It’s in our interest if people stay away from work if infected.

Have to say first 24 hours for me was the worst. My body not deciding what temperature it wanted to be wasn’t fun

North West

Three and a half weeks in and still testing positive. Symptoms mainly chesty cough and blocked sinuses and headaches.

I normally run every day, but struggling to do even simple garden jobs like tidying up the greenhouse and shed, and raking.

I do feel marginally better, but conscious of previous false dawns.

North West

"Three and a half weeks in and still testing positive. Symptoms mainly chesty cough and blocked sinuses and headaches.

I normally run every day, but struggling to do even simple garden jobs like tidying up the greenhouse and shed, and raking.

I do feel marginally better, but conscious of previous false dawns."

And of course unable to smell or taste anything.

"Three and a half weeks in and still testing positive. Symptoms mainly chesty cough and blocked sinuses and headaches.

And of course unable to smell or taste anything."

Not at all? That must be so strange when you're eating.

By *iscreet Suck n GoMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Stop testing urself and worrying. I've had 'the cold' since Xmas been on 2 course's of antibiotics to shift the chest infection. Viruses come and go and Covid was the biggest con worldwide, passed to humanity from bats in China lol. People cough now and think they have Covid and rush to self test with dodgy tests made in China.

North West

"Stop testing urself and worrying. I've had 'the cold' since Xmas been on 2 course's of antibiotics to shift the chest infection. Viruses come and go and Covid was the biggest con worldwide, passed to humanity from bats in China lol. People cough now and think they have Covid and rush to self test with dodgy tests made in China. "

Con??? What are you talking about??

Millions have died worldwide as a consequence of Covid - how is it a con?

One of my neighbours died, as did our local corner shop-keeper. A guy in our running group spent 7 weeks in hospital and is now just about able to walk a mile - nearly three years later.

I am not prepared to to go out and risk infecting an older or immune-compromised person in Tesco or Asda - so yes, I am testing and when clear I will go out though it seems pointless with people around with your attitude.

North West

And of course unable to smell or taste anything.

Not at all? That must be so strange when you're eating."

Yes. Everything tastes bland, separated only by texture. Sense of smell went first and then taste within a day or two of that.

Can't help but wonder how the spread of Covid is now being tracked with the lack of widely available tests. Whilst I did buy some test kits, I can't help but wonder how many people now just don't bother.tests don’t stop infection or transmission

Indeed...but people's results were collected for statistical analysis to track infections, hotshpots etc. so the more tests we have the better chance of stopping transmission so we can look at statistics? And keep away from hot spots ? Interesting "

We were talking about testing, you're the only person arguing that tests don't stop transmission, even though nobody has said that in here...you're arguing with yourself effectively so I'm going to leave you to work it out.

There is now a recognised condition known as Munchausen by Internet. Its an interesting modern condition.

"There is now a recognised condition known as Munchausen by Internet. Its an interesting modern condition. "

OP has tested positive according to this post. Kind of the opposite of Munchausens.

"There is now a recognised condition known as Munchausen by Internet. Its an interesting modern condition.

OP has tested positive according to this post. Kind of the opposite of Munchausens.

"

I havemt said the op has this. Just pointing out it exists

"There is now a recognised condition known as Munchausen by Internet. Its an interesting modern condition.

I havemt said the op has this. Just pointing out it exists

"

Lol, I wasn't sure ??

By *iguyyyMan  over a year ago

whitstable

I have had it 4 times now, first time was like a bad flu I was knocked for 6 for a week so tired sleeping 16 hours a day and couldn’t taste anything for 2.5 months, the second time wasn’t as bad but the last 2 times it’s been over in 2/3 days much better than any colds I’ve had would barely know I had it basically a dodgy nose last time that was all

Had it once, bad headache for the first night, flu feeling for a couple of days, grand after that, unjabbed

By *eet The FlintstonesCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

If you had an easy coronavirus, could for you. First time I was ill for four months, Very close to being hospitalised. 2nd time ill for a couple of days, 3rd time ill for a month. I've had 4 jabs but I never ever want to be as ill as the first time, sleeping, knackered, coughing that has damaged my rib . Anyone who had an easy time of it good luck to them .

By *eet The FlintstonesCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

There are some very, very strange people here. So getting Coronavirus 3 time's means I don't act responsibly, what a strange way to look at things.

By *aan31Man  over a year ago

Shropshire

3rd time, as of today lol!

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"There are some very, very strange people here. So getting Coronavirus 3 time's means I don't act responsibly, what a strange way to look at things."
. Look at how many times people have and will get a common cold during their lifetime

"Had it twice now must be one of the lucky ones though just like a very mild cold for me both times hope you feel better soon xx"

First time I had it, in Feb 2020 I was ill af. 2nd time after having the jab, I coughed for 2 days and felt fine

I do feel marginally better, but conscious of previous false dawns."

How are you now?

By * and P southeastCouple  over a year ago

essex

Hi yes same here avoided for 3 years almost certain I caught it at work not been anywhere but there and only go in for max 3 hours a week x

By *iguyyyMan  over a year ago

whitstable

"Hi yes same here avoided for 3 years almost certain I caught it at work not been anywhere but there and only go in for max 3 hours a week x"

Wow 3 hours a week? Any jobs going that sounds awesome

I tested positive yesterday. I've been really poorly for 4 days prior to testing positive.

It hurts, I'm feeling so low and ill with it.

First time having covid

Mrs C xx

By * o yWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

End of Jan i got piggin Covid. End of March I just wish this bloody cough would leave me alon, been told its a 3month cough !!

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman  over a year ago

Telford

Get well soon. I have had it once.

It was bloody awful.

By *itty Kat ABWoman  over a year ago

North Somerset

Hi OP

I too had managed to avoid it, but it got me just over a week ago now. All my friends had been telling me that it was just like the flu all this time! I have felt dreadful, lost a stone in weight and never expected to feel quite like this.

I am thankfully starting to return to normal. I hope that you are too.

Kx

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I didn't get it until 3 yesrs after it all kicked off, it knocked me for six. I felt as rough as a bears arse for 3 days, before I started to fight it.

By *agicfingerslovelyMan  over a year ago

Rugby

Can't help but wonder how the spread of Covid is now being tracked with the lack of widely available tests. Whilst I did buy some test kits, I can't help but wonder how many people now just don't bother."

Totally agree. No publicity about now removing free tests for those with extreme vulnerability to death if catching Covid. It just says how the government follows a political path rather then a health protection agenda in response to Covid. Mixed signals all the way.

» Add a new message to this topic