FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lost taste and smell

Lost taste and smell

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uzie69x OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

If lost through COVID-19 infection, did it come back for you and is it less than before?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aturedWithAgeMan  over a year ago

Oldham

"If lost through COVID-19 infection, did it come back for you and is it less than before?"

Yes I lost taste and smell, it came back the same as it was before.

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

The 1st time a did for a few weeks the 2nd time was only slightly

Maidstone

Thanks for responding folks. Good to know it came back for you.

Atm, if you blindfold me, I don't think I can tell if I'm drinking tea or coffee. So it's a bit disconcerting for a foodie like me... Hope mine comes back too...

By *onnatvsussexTV/TS  over a year ago

littlehampton

Took about 2 weeks to get back fully, seams to be about the same as before

By *uscious_lips30Woman  over a year ago

gloucestershire

My sense of smell never really came back and I caught covid back in 2022. A nurse told me that your sense of smell wasn’t back after a few months then it was never going to come back.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Have had COVID this last week. Negative test this morning, 2nd negative tomorrow hopefully. Have to twat for work. Have been out to shops and such like but have knocked the social life in the head. Could really do with a pint tomorrow though. Can taste but lost sense of smell. It's the weirdest thing. Cooking a nice meal for example but no smell coming from it. Farting with no smell too.

Maidstone

"My sense of smell never really came back and I caught covid back in 2022. A nurse told me that your sense of smell wasn’t back after a few months then it was never going to come back. "

Oh my goodness... I'm hoping it won't be be that long. There is nothing like snapping the foil off a new jar of coffee and taking a deep smell... I'll miss those moments.

Maidstone

"Farting with no smell too. "

Lololol so there are some silver lining then...

Glad you're on the mend. I think I'm a couple of weeks behind you... So fart away...!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My sense of smell has not come back properly, smells are different now ..

A lot of things smell like my fish pond, shit and farts smell different and lots of other stuff too. It's 18 months since I lost smell completely...I realised when I was cooking some pork and thought my oven was broken because I couldn't smell it.

By *hors fantasyCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

I knew I’d lost my sense of taste when I was considering re watching game of thrones season 7+8, luckily I got over it

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Some foods still taste different two years on. I thought there was something up with my fridge because some things had a strange "taint", but I've changed fridges in the last 12 months and its the same so must be me!

Also some perfumes now smell really unpleasant too.

By *obson80Man  over a year ago

Midlesbrough

"If lost through COVID-19 infection, did it come back for you and is it less than before?"

Lost it For about 6 weeks. Back with more sensitive taste for “dirty chemicals” from artificial flavours used in food or drinks. However… cocks still taste same lol

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Thankfully never got this side effect.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

I lost my sense of smell for good nearly six years ago. If you're going to lose one sense then this is perhaps the best one. And hey, my farts no longer smell! (The Mrs may suggest otherwise)

By *onghMan  over a year ago

cardiff

Sense of smell still hasn't fully returned and it's been just over a year so I suspect I'll just have to live with it.

Never lost sense of taste though so although I can no longer smell what I'm cooking, it still tastes just as bad

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

I still had both the first time last time. I tested positive earlier this week but both seem a little off. I don't know if it's because my nose is stuffy or if it's effected by Covid.

My one friend had issues with her taste and smell for months when she got it in 2020.

By *ark_Angel_93Couple  over a year ago

Farnworth

"Have had COVID this last week. Negative test this morning, 2nd negative tomorrow hopefully. Have to twat for work. Have been out to shops and such like but have knocked the social life in the head. Could really do with a pint tomorrow though. Can taste but lost sense of smell. It's the weirdest thing. Cooking a nice meal for example but no smell coming from it. Farting with no smell too. "

That's nothing to be sniffed at

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

This isn't likely to be the case for you so don't panic, but...

Covid October 2020, lost smell and taste completely for about a month (I was really poorly too). Got a little back for a couple of months.. I could tell if something was sweet or spicy etc. Also had phantom smells.

Then Feb 2021 it all went wrong. Things started to smell and taste BAD. Started off with red meat, then onions and anything related to them, then all meat... gradually lost more and more. Since then I can't tolerate many foods. I can drink coffee at least... I couldn't for a while. It doesn't taste like coffee should, but doesn't taste like crap anymore either.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Got covid in December 2022 lost taste and smell, Doctor say I now have long covid, smell and taste have improved slightly but not on all tastes and smells, not sure how long this F—-ing long covid is going to last

Ben

Had Covid in January 2021. Taste and smell have never really returned to normal. Worst thing is ever since , almost everyday I can get the most horrendous smells, no one else can smell them and this also occurs with tastes in my mouth too, also terrible coloured phlegm very regularly.

I had Covid Jan 2022. Didn't lose either taste nor smell.

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

congratulations,, you do not need either to be a mcdonalds customer and saver if you dont have either

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

I had my first confirmed bout of covid in January of this year and lost my sense of smell for about a week, also sense of taste for 2 weeks and it wasnt right for about 4 weeks after that it really sucked as I quite like my food when it tastes of more than cardboard

By *ewismixedbbcMan  over a year ago

birmingham

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

Got it in 2021 first time and taste and smell have been affected since. At least I can't smell burning all the time.

I got infected again and thought that my smell and taste had a bit of resurgence bit it's all back to bland again, which is better than everything tasting rotten.

The worst things are wine tastes like old ladies perfume and I can't smell my wife's perfume which I miss terribly.

Oh and JD and tastes like pish; but I do try it every now and again to make sure it's not improved. By the pint it tastes as bad as always.

So its siracha sauce on everything so I can at least taste something.

"My sense of smell never really came back and I caught covid back in 2022. A nurse told me that your sense of smell wasn’t back after a few months then it was never going to come back. "

That is correct. I lost mine 5 years ago. Didn't return and taste isn't the same anymore.

By *axtanMan  over a year ago

los Cristianos now

I knew I’d lost my sense of taste when I was considering re watching game of thrones season 7+8, luckily I got over it

[Thats funny. Well said. ]

By *verAverageLaxedMaverickMan  over a year ago

London

Yea lost mine second time round aswell , literally everything was the same day by day just not so severe felt very rough for a few days then just tired for the week was back to it grafting after 10 days . No jab

By *mjay99Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Lost taste and can only taste very strong flavours like chocolate and chocolate

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

always ... for both of us ... and our play dates (planned or impromptu)

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Lost my smell a long time ago somif my perfume stinks it’s tough titty

By *bwlady123Woman  over a year ago

private

I lost both my taste came back but I find I like different food now and I’m much more savoury than sweet now

Had covid in 2020

Long covid patient

Still not taste or smell

Everything taste of burning rubber

By *ultured Gent16Man  over a year ago

close.

At least guys can’t get you a Dutch oven…

Positives you know…

By *ayboii2018_12Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

3rd time I had covid last year! (Work in the NHS) so it's bound to happen. 1st and 2nd time I didn't loose my taste or smell. 3rd time lost the lot.

A nurse friend of mine recommended smelling really strong scents several times a day and eating strong flavoured foods and drinks. It should in theory allow your senses and taste buds connect new senses and encourage your senses to come back.

Took about 2 months but I can taste and smell like I used to. Whether I was lucky I don't know. But thank god!

By *leepingvenusWoman  over a year ago

Stirling

You can train your sense of smell with highly scented aromas like essential oils- I used ravintsara when I had covid..you can apply directly to the skin on wrist pulse points, rub wrists together and then inhale deeply through the nostrils. Smell and taste came back 1 wek later. Antiviral, antibacterial and good for respiratory issues.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"You can train your sense of smell with highly scented aromas like essential oils- I used ravintsara when I had covid..you can apply directly to the skin on wrist pulse points, rub wrists together and then inhale deeply through the nostrils. Smell and taste came back 1 wek later. Antiviral, antibacterial and good for respiratory issues. "

O

Lost taste and smell 2 weeks back tested and negative felt shit for a week still negative did I have covid don't no but I'm still not back to normal.

Had covid first time in 2020 hospital ventilator etc

Had it three times since still no taste or smell since 2020 long term covid

Horrible can’t taste food or smell eating to survive

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Salop

I have been on the Government monitoring programme since Nov 2020 when I had my first jab. 5 out of the 6 have been the Pfizer vaccine and no problem but No6 was the "cocktail" variant and that left me feeling mega sh*t. Lost sense of taste and smell for a fortnight and tested positive into the bargain.

I am on programme for the "oldies" top up this autumn.

Aitch

By *tr4455Man  over a year ago

nr wigan

Smell and I taste is very limited ..some of the food I eat , I've lost the majority of taste...

By *ab FunstersCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

I had covid 2 years ago and my sense of smell is still only partially returned. I can smell sweet things better than anything else. My taste is still improving but not like it was.

I did not have covid 19 as far as I know, but lost my sense of smell , not taste !!!

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Remember when had covid squeezing lemon juice in my mouth and feels nothing, mad feeling don't worry will come back

By *umbriaman1962Man  over a year ago

outside of penrith

Not sure if same thing I know a lady now won't kiss as say I bad breath. Then she complained why ever man she tried kiss now as bad breath also goes man about things smelling when no one else can smell it. It's like her sence smell gone In overdrive

By *obby3264Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

Lost both senses for a few days first catching covid 2 years ago. Still not got smell fully back I'd say 50-60. Taste not sure if it's fully back.

Im going to start smelling 4 different strong smells for 10mins each day as said above you can retrain your brain to recognise them.

By *andd_bicoupleCouple  over a year ago

wilmslow

Mrs here My smell got worse after covid more senstive

By *asygoingcouple2022Couple  over a year ago

The moon

Had Covid Nov 20 and lost both taste and smell, thankfully taste come back pretty quickly, but I still have a very bad sense of smell. I can’t tell if milk is off so I get hubby to check. But I do smell burning regularly but it’s a side effect from Covid.

Thankfully, I didn't catch it first or second time round but have this time. I think I've identified patient zero, in our social group, who subsequently confessed that he has felt unwell, BEFORE a social gathering but didn't test. It seems he didn't want to miss out. As a result most of the group now have it! How irresponsible!

London

Yes had it three times, with it easing in severity each time, with the last covid infection felt pretty rough for a couple of days then just pretty tired for 6-7 days then was back to it grafting , coming from a completely unjabbed person .

London

It’s the same as flu and cold now it’s part of life if your too unwell to go out you shouldn’t that’s just standard and always has been as Elon said in his interview with the bbc where he ripped them a new one covid is no longer an issue

By *imandher123456Couple  over a year ago

gosport

Had Covid November 2021.... Since then sense of taste and smell has been pretty trashed ...lots of things don't really smell or just smell bad .... I think it's almost as if the brain is re learning , really bad smells which I know will be bad , dog pooh , farts clearing a man hole , these now have no smell at all as I know they are bad so my brain isnt learning them other things my brain seems to want to relearn...

Taste is the same , re learning is a slow process often needing to try things I know I like multiple times to start getting a small recognition of what it is

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I got mine back , I can now smell bull shit from miles away.

» Add a new message to this topic