FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Spring Covid Vaccine

Spring Covid Vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arkus1812 OP   Man 49 weeks ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Just recieved an invitation to go for my Spring Covid Vaccine which will be my 6th jab.

Needless to say I have made a booking.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman 49 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope it all goes smoothly

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 49 weeks ago

Stockport

"Just recieved an invitation to go for my Spring Covid Vaccine which will be my 6th jab.

Needless to say I have made a booking."

By *icecouple561Couple 49 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Good.

My dad hasn't been invited her but he has received testing kits to use it be becomes unwell and information on who to contact if he tests positive

By *arkus1812 OP   Man 49 weeks ago

"Good.

My dad hasn't been invited her but he has received testing kits to use it be becomes unwell and information on who to contact if he tests positive"

Apparantly it is for over 75s and people with a weakened immune syatem.

By *icecouple561Couple 49 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Good.

My dad hasn't been invited her but he has received testing kits to use it be becomes unwell and information on who to contact if he tests positive

Apparantly it is for over 75s and people with a weakened immune syatem."

He's 96 so he'll probably get the call soon

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 49 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Just waiting for my daughter to get her appointment

By *otsossieMan 48 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

[Removed by poster at 28/04/23 10:08:04]

By *otsossieMan 48 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

My over75 parents had to queue for an hour to get theirs.

Madness!

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

My parents are in their eighties and won't bother again. Too many stories of adverse reactions.

It looks like the booster programme is going pretty slowly, which doesn't surprise me.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 48 weeks ago

"My parents are in their eighties and won't bother again. Too many stories of adverse reactions.

It looks like the booster programme is going pretty slowly, which doesn't surprise me. "

it has been quite busy this week where I've been assisting

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

"My parents are in their eighties and won't bother again. Too many stories of adverse reactions.

It looks like the booster programme is going pretty slowly, which doesn't surprise me. it has been quite busy this week where I've been assisting "

That's interesting, in the past I've managed to persuade them to have the boosters, but they aren't convinced at all now. Have to draw a line somewhere between persuading them and coercion.

By *irthnextdoorMan 48 weeks ago

Wiltshire

"Just recieved an invitation to go for my Spring Covid Vaccine which will be my 6th jab.

What’s wrong, the first 5 not work?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 48 weeks ago

What’s wrong, the first 5 not work?"

they require boosters. I'm having my 5th , my daughter her 6th soon.

By *icecouple561Couple 48 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What’s wrong, the first 5 not work? they require boosters. I'm having my 5th , my daughter her 6th soon. "

We've booked my dad's 6th too.

I can't imagine why anyone would question trying to protect vulnerable people

By *ools and the brainCouple 48 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I have flu jab every year.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I have flu jab every year.

"

Me too

I've had genuine flu twice. I never way to have it again

Forum Mod

East Sussex

*want

By *ools and the brainCouple 48 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"I have flu jab every year.

Me too

I've had genuine flu twice. I never way to have it again"

Exactly and like others I had genuine covid pre jab and I never fucking want that again thank you so if it means a yearly booster then so be it.

By *p4funWellyMan 47 weeks ago

K' town

Of course that's why their still here to be offered their 6th

By *hironMan 47 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

Why anyone would want to willingly receive one jab, let alone the countless boosters is beyond me, but each to their own.

Some things to note.

No COVID vaccine prevents transmission.

Efficacy of vaccine is now below 40%.

The Swiss have halted their vaccination program completely.

Australia have banned the AZ vaccine.

There is now peer reviewed evidence to support the correlation of COVID vaccines and excess deaths.

For most, the current strain of COVID is no more severe than a common cold.

Evidence to prove wearing masks does nothing.

I could go on, but the chances are, regardless of vaccination status, you've probably had COVID and natural immunity is now the best defense we have.

By *naswingdressWoman 47 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Why anyone would want to willingly receive one jab, let alone the countless boosters is beyond me, but each to their own.

Some things to note.

There is now peer reviewed evidence to support the correlation of COVID vaccines and excess deaths.

I could go on, but the chances are, regardless of vaccination status, you've probably had COVID and natural immunity is now the best defense we have."

Why anyone would post this kind of thing on a post about someone choosing to be vaccinated is also beyond me.

By *p4funWellyMan 47 weeks ago

K' town

"Why anyone would want to willingly receive one jab, let alone the countless boosters is beyond me, but each to their own.

Some things to note.

I could go on, but the chances are, regardless of vaccination status, you've probably had COVID and natural immunity is now the best defense we have.

Why anyone would post this kind of thing on a post about someone choosing to be vaccinated is also beyond me."

Because for reasons beyond me they think that saying why would you would actually change your mind.

People have always had a choice to be vaccinated or not, all the major anti or pro makes no difference in 2023

Manchester (she/her)

Some things to note.

Why anyone would post this kind of thing on a post about someone choosing to be vaccinated is also beyond me.

Because for reasons beyond me they think that saying why would you would actually change your mind.

People have always had a choice to be vaccinated or not, all the major anti or pro makes no difference in 2023"

I suspect data continue to be collated on that and other questions.

By *I TwoCouple 47 weeks ago

Always travelling

Some things to note.

I could go on, but the chances are, regardless of vaccination status, you've probably had COVID and natural immunity is now the best defense we have."

Who convinced you of that ?

Manchester (she/her)

Some things to note.

Who convinced you of that ?"

I'd be extremely surprised to learn I've had Covid. There's no evidence of that at all.

If it makes strangers online happy to believe that I've had Covid, they are free to believe that I've had Covid and that, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 47 weeks ago

"

I've had covid twice.... I've had 4 vaccines. The first time I had covid it hospitalised me ... that was before we had the access to vaccines

By *arkus1812 OP   Man 47 weeks ago

My position remains unchanged, I WILL be having my 6th Vaccine jab on 9th May as planned.

Leamington Spa

Firstly, i thought this was a forum.

By definition, a forum is a place for open discussion, this is why i posted.

Secondly, i said each to their own, meaning its your choice what you do, and i fully respect that.

However, i do wonder how people arrive at the choices they make, particularly in accepting the vaccine.

How many people gave critical thought to the vaccines?

How many gave informed consent to the vaccine?

How many had the vaccine because they were told to?

How many thought they were protecting themselves and others by having the vaccine?

How many, without any consideration or critical thought, took the vaccine because they believed it to be their social duty?

How many thought the unvaccinated are irresponsible and careless for not helping to protect others?

Ponder this.

UK government data provided by the Department of Health & Social Care regarding Risk/Benefit analysis and numbers needed to vaccinate to prevent 1 adult hospitalisation due to COVID 19.

In the 40-49 year old group, 92500 vaccines/boosters to be administered to prevent 1 hospitalisation or hospitalisation requiring intensive care.

The risk / benefit analysis shows that this puts 116 people at probability of death or serious reaction (requiring hospitalisation)....bit of a paradox eh?

Again, each to their own, do what you like, what you feel is best for you, i don't care less, but at least give some thought to the decisions you take.

By *ungBlackTopMan 47 weeks ago

salford

To be honest no one actually cares so why you keep making a forum about covid is mind boggling.

Manchester (she/her)

"Firstly, i thought this was a forum.

Secondly, i said each to their own, meaning its your choice what you do, and i fully respect that.

However, i do wonder how people arrive at the choices they make, particularly in accepting the vaccine.

How many thought they were protecting themselves and others by having the vaccine?

How many, without any consideration or critical thought, took the vaccine because they believed it to be their social duty?

How many thought the unvaccinated are irresponsible and careless for not helping to protect others?

Ponder this.

UK government data provided by the Department of Health & Social Care regarding Risk/Benefit analysis and numbers needed to vaccinate to prevent 1 adult hospitalisation due to COVID 19.

In the 40-49 year old group, 92500 vaccines/boosters to be administered to prevent 1 hospitalisation or hospitalisation requiring intensive care.

The risk / benefit analysis shows that this puts 116 people at probability of death or serious reaction (requiring hospitalisation)....bit of a paradox eh?

Again, each to their own, do what you like, what you feel is best for you, i don't care less, but at least give some thought to the decisions you take.

"

That's a lot of words for someone who doesn't care.

Leamington Spa

"

I'd be extremely surprised to learn I've had Covid. There's no evidence of that at all.

If it makes strangers online happy to believe that I've had Covid, they are free to believe that I've had Covid and that, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus."

Another paradox, being exposed to viruses and bacteria, becoming sick is essential to living...Think about that before racing to flame me.

You need to think about the defense afforded to you by your natural immunity for your daily life before COVID (refer to point above).

Do you have any evidence to say you haven't had COVID? To have had COVID you had to be exposed to COVID.

Do you have any evidence to say that you have not been exposed to COVID?

Oh, and some people believe in Santa Claus, God, ghosts, aliens, flat earth, governments have your interests at heart...and you are right in they are free to believe what they like, but eliminate the impossible and whatever is left, however improbable, must be the truth, ergo it is PROBABLE that not just you, but the majority of mankind have been exposed to COVID and if you've been exposed to COVID it either had an effect or didn't..so yes, you've probably had COVID. Whether you (mankind) became sick or not was either down to strong bodily defense mechanisms, experimental synthetic vaccines or sheer luck.

Manchester (she/her)

"

If it makes strangers online happy to believe that I've had Covid, they are free to believe that I've had Covid and that, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Another paradox, being exposed to viruses and bacteria, becoming sick is essential to living...Think about that before racing to flame me.

You need to think about the defense afforded to you by your natural immunity for your daily life before COVID (refer to point above).

Do you have any evidence to say you haven't had COVID? To have had COVID you had to be exposed to COVID.

Do you have any evidence to say that you have not been exposed to COVID?

Oh, and some people believe in Santa Claus, God, ghosts, aliens, flat earth, governments have your interests at heart...and you are right in they are free to believe what they like, but eliminate the impossible and whatever is left, however improbable, must be the truth, ergo it is PROBABLE that not just you, but the majority of mankind have been exposed to COVID and if you've been exposed to COVID it either had an effect or didn't..so yes, you've probably had COVID. Whether you (mankind) became sick or not was either down to strong bodily defense mechanisms, experimental synthetic vaccines or sheer luck."

Given the way I live my life and the regularity with which I test, the odds of me having had Covid are tiny.

But if it makes you feel better to believe I've had it, knock yourself out.

I do love some naturalistic fallacy. Is that sent by a phone that grew on an apple tree?

By *winga2Man 47 weeks ago

Stranraer

Ponder this.

"

My my, that's a fine summary of everything that's been debunked over theast 3 years

Manchester (she/her)

Ponder this.

My my, that's a fine summary of everything that's been debunked over theast 3 years "

Leamington Spa

"

My my, that's a fine summary of everything that's been debunked over the last 3 years "

Wow! How do you debunk questions?

Also, just about everything i have typed in my posts today comes from scientific, peer reviewed papers and UK Government data from the beginning of this year to the present.

The UK GOV data is from March.

These debunkers are shit hot eh?

By *mp411Man 47 weeks ago

chester

"To be honest no one actually cares so why you keep making a forum about covid is mind boggling."

Well if you don’t care why are you even bothering looking on this thread?

Leamington Spa

@_naswingdress, i am not singling you out. i think you have misunderstood me sightly. My comments were to say that we/us collectively probably have had....

I have a rare incurable blood cancer. I need to live as wholesome as possible in conjunction with treatment so not to succumb to the disease prematurely. I am classed as extremely vulnerable in the COVID risk table. Vaccination is a huge risk so i have not had it (i wouldn't anyway). I have blood tests every eight weeks. Since COVID I have to have a PCR test 3 days before treatment, if I test possible, I cannot have treatment.

I've had COVID twice, from whom or where is impossible to say, but my infection(s) were during the times our freedoms were hugely restricted, so in my opinion, given that hospital staff were mostly the only people I had contact with, its likely I got COVID from them...or the petrol pump or a door handle or the food i put in a basket at the shops....

By *orty-coupleCouple 47 weeks ago

Leyland

Why do people feel the need to shout about being vaccinated or not?

No one cares!

By *icecouple561Couple 47 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My position remains unchanged, I WILL be having my 6th Vaccine jab on 9th May as planned."

Good, my dad will also be having his.

I genuinely don't understand why people are bothered by others getting vaccinated

Manchester (she/her)

"Why do people feel the need to shout about being vaccinated or not?

No one cares!

"

Do you also tell people in the camping section that they are shouting about camping and no one cares?

Manchester (she/her)

"@_naswingdress, i am not singling you out. i think you have misunderstood me sightly. My comments were to say that we/us collectively probably have had....

I have a rare incurable blood cancer. I need to live as wholesome as possible in conjunction with treatment so not to succumb to the disease prematurely. I am classed as extremely vulnerable in the COVID risk table. Vaccination is a huge risk so i have not had it (i wouldn't anyway). I have blood tests every eight weeks. Since COVID I have to have a PCR test 3 days before treatment, if I test possible, I cannot have treatment.

I've had COVID twice, from whom or where is impossible to say, but my infection(s) were during the times our freedoms were hugely restricted, so in my opinion, given that hospital staff were mostly the only people I had contact with, its likely I got COVID from them...or the petrol pump or a door handle or the food i put in a basket at the shops...."

Ok. I hope those infections were relatively uneventful and you suffered no long term sequelae.

I maintain infection control, have been fortunate to have avoided most healthcare since the pandemic started, and test regularly. I'm unlikely to have had Covid.

Leamington Spa

"My position remains unchanged, I WILL be having my 6th Vaccine jab on 9th May as planned.

I genuinely don't understand why people are bothered by others getting vaccinated "

Interesting statement.

Why bother to tell people about a family member having their vaccine?

I guess you have taken the time (or bothered) to impart information to others even if they are not bothered with the information you offer.

Your use of the word bothered in the construction of your statement removes context and actually suggests you are bothered by people who you imply are bothered by others choices.

I don't know why you bothered!

By *ockle77Man 47 weeks ago

mids

Some things to note.

People have always had a choice to be vaccinated or not, all the major anti or pro makes no difference in 2023"

Unless working in a nursing home then you either had it or lost your job . So not much of a choice for some

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

"Good.

Apparantly it is for over 75s and people with a weakened immune syatem."

Got my Invitation. See your 6 and raise you 1. This will be my 7th

Organ transplant patient here.

"My position remains unchanged, I WILL be having my 6th Vaccine jab on 9th May as planned.

I genuinely don't understand why people are bothered by others getting vaccinated "

People are bothered cause they think we are all Tories and sheep. They fail to understand some may need it to assist with daily battles with other illnesses.

The abuse I have received previously when I was on here in 2022 for having my 5th at that time was awful..made to feel like I was in the Dock having committed a crime..

By *irtydaddyreturnsMan 47 weeks ago

corby

Get mine this afternoon

Manchester (she/her)

"Good.

Apparantly it is for over 75s and people with a weakened immune syatem.

Got my Invitation. See your 6 and raise you 1. This will be my 7th

Organ transplant patient here."

Keep well x

By *ill69888Couple 47 weeks ago

cheltenham

Some things to note.

absolutely spot on!

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 47 weeks ago

Durham

Some things to note.

I could go on, but the chances are, regardless of vaccination status, you've probably had COVID and natural immunity is now the best defense we have. absolutely spot on!"

90% of that is rubbish and has been debunked many times.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 47 weeks ago

Some things to note.

I could go on, but the chances are, regardless of vaccination status, you've probably had COVID and natural immunity is now the best defense we have. absolutely spot on!

90% of that is rubbish and has been debunked many times."

yup.... the covid vaccines and excess deaths one many many times. And actually quoting the az being banned, shows you how quickly they are to act on only a small number of incidents. As the astra zeneca vaccine risk of blood clots was actually lower than the potential risk in a none vaccinated person randomly getting one. And a lot lower than the risk with the pill.

I don't mind if people want or don't want the vaccine. I just wish they would not believe fake reports

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I genuinely don't understand why people are bothered by others getting vaccinated

Interesting statement.

Why bother to tell people about a family member having their vaccine?

I guess you have taken the time (or bothered) to impart information to others even if they are not bothered with the information you offer.

Your use of the word bothered in the construction of your statement removes context and actually suggests you are bothered by people who you imply are bothered by others choices.

I don't know why you bothered!"

Thats a lot of 'bothered' there.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

People are bothered cause they think we are all Tories and sheep. They fail to understand some may need it to assist with daily battles with other illnesses.

The abuse I have received previously when I was on here in 2022 for having my 5th at that time was awful..made to feel like I was in the Dock having committed a crime.."

Sorry to hear that.

I suppose it's human nature to want to stop others doing things we don't believe in or are against. It's ironic really that you should be criticised for following one sort of advice by people wanting you to follow theirs

By *uyForeLadiesMan 47 weeks ago

Grantham

I'm not sure why some people feel the need to tell the world about their vaccine status.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm not sure why some people feel the need to tell the world about their vaccine status. "

Why shouldn't they?

By *adCherriesCouple 47 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

"I'm not sure why some people feel the need to tell the world about their vaccine status. "

Ive had 4 vaccines, your welcome

Mr

Manchester (she/her)

It's social media - people talk about everything from being bored to the philosophical meaning of their faeces.

At least the virus forum is a place where discussion of vaccines is to be expected, rather than scrolling and going "dinner dinner dinner holiday pictures WOAH uncensored birth pictures TMI"

By *uyForeLadiesMan 47 weeks ago

Grantham

"I'm not sure why some people feel the need to tell the world about their vaccine status.

Why shouldn't they?"

Well prior to 2020 I can't remember anyone so freely telling the world and his/her wife/husband about their medical history.

It's about virtue signalling and all a bit passe

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm not sure why some people feel the need to tell the world about their vaccine status.

Why shouldn't they?

Well prior to 2020 I can't remember anyone so freely telling the world and his/her wife/husband about their medical history.

It's about virtue signalling and all a bit passe"

I see. You're probably best avoiding threads that mention vaccines then

By *eroLondonMan 47 weeks ago

Mayfair

Why shouldn't they?

·

I see. You're probably best avoiding threads that mention vaccines then"

Am I still allowed to flirt with you though?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Why shouldn't they?

·

Am I still allowed to flirt with you though? "

You'd better make it obvious because I'm useless at hints

By *eroLondonMan 47 weeks ago

Mayfair

Why shouldn't they?

·

Am I still allowed to flirt with you though?

You'd better make it obvious because I'm useless at hints "

Noted.

We shall reconvene in the Lounge. This isn't the place for extraneous Flirting and Woo'ing.

By *arktightsMan 47 weeks ago

banchory

Some things to note.

Exactly this. If they make it compulsory for travel then I might revisit the decision - but I am not planning on having another

By *rman82Man 47 weeks ago

Manchester

Some things to note.

BOOM! Smashed it out of the park!

By *mp411Man 47 weeks ago

chester

Ponder this.

My my, that's a fine summary of everything that's been debunked over theast 3 years "

Debunked? Where is your peer reviewed evidence?

Leamington Spa

"90% of that is rubbish and has been debunked many times. yup.... the covid vaccines and excess deaths one many many times. And actually quoting the az being banned, shows you how quickly they are to act on only a small number of incidents. As the astra zeneca vaccine risk of blood clots was actually lower than the potential risk in a none vaccinated person randomly getting one. And a lot lower than the risk with the pill.

I don't mind if people want or don't want the vaccine. I just wish they would not believe fake reports "

Like you, i don't mind what people choose to do regarding vaccination, after all, its their choice, which is no concern of mine. Although i wonder why people choose vaccination, i have been respectful to the posters in this thread by keeping emotion/feelings/opinion to a bare minimum and avoid anything that may be construed as hurtful or abusive regarding their choice.

I have merely tried to engage in discussion on a topic which has affected all of us in one way or another, and some are more passionate than others in their response.

Apart from a sprinkling of questions from my meandering thoughts, everything i have posted has come from research published by trusted sources, adding some detail to the discussion rather than just throwing one liners out there.

Although you seem to know a little about the AZ vaccine in Australia, you have also confirmed that it is true Australia have banned the AZ vaccine and by virtue of your confirmation of the ban, it is not a "fake report"

Since you also decided to quote my entire post, would you care to elaborate on what you say are fake reports and, in agreement with another poster, the points that are 90% rubbish that have been debunked, citing the sources of your counter claims?

By *enuineguy76Man 47 weeks ago

Glasgow

why the need to broadcast it ? Maybe ask them for a sticker at the clinic.

Manchester (she/her)

Needless to say I have made a booking.why the need to broadcast it ? Maybe ask them for a sticker at the clinic. "

If you don't like posts about vaccines, might I suggest a different section of the forum might be more pleasant for you? Perhaps camping?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Needless to say I have made a booking.why the need to broadcast it ? Maybe ask them for a sticker at the clinic. "

Why would you say that?

By *yan226Man 47 weeks ago

everywhere

Some things to note.

I could go on, but the chances are, regardless of vaccination status, you've probably had COVID and natural immunity is now the best defense we have. absolutely spot on!

90% of that is rubbish and has been debunked many times. yup.... the covid vaccines and excess deaths one many many times. And actually quoting the az being banned, shows you how quickly they are to act on only a small number of incidents. As the astra zeneca vaccine risk of blood clots was actually lower than the potential risk in a none vaccinated person randomly getting one. And a lot lower than the risk with the pill.

I don't mind if people want or don't want the vaccine. I just wish they would not believe fake reports "

Do you have any links to this evidencesl I'd be interested to have a read ?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 47 weeks ago

Durham

Some things to note.

90% of that is rubbish and has been debunked many times. yup.... the covid vaccines and excess deaths one many many times. And actually quoting the az being banned, shows you how quickly they are to act on only a small number of incidents. As the astra zeneca vaccine risk of blood clots was actually lower than the potential risk in a none vaccinated person randomly getting one. And a lot lower than the risk with the pill.

I don't mind if people want or don't want the vaccine. I just wish they would not believe fake reports

Do you have any links to this evidencesl I'd be interested to have a read ? "

If you google or use any search engine it will bring 100s or 1000s of results stating the prevalence of blood clots after covid infection.

Eg here is one from Oxford University explaining that the increase in blood clots from covid infection is many many times higher from covid infection than from covid vaccination even the withdrawn AZ one.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-08-27-covid-19-not-vaccination-presents-biggest-blood-clot-risks

Some things to note.

Why anyone would post this kind of thing on a post about someone choosing to be vaccinated is also beyond me."

Why would anyone start the conversation to start with. Getting boring now .. if ppl want more jabs then let it be .if ppl dont also let it be.

I agree .getting boring now.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Needless to say I have made a booking.why the need to broadcast it ? Maybe ask them for a sticker at the clinic.

I agree .getting boring now. "

Why are you reading if it bores you? The thread title is 'Spring Covid Vaccine '

Manchester (she/her)

Some things to note.

Why would anyone start the conversation to start with. Getting boring now .. if ppl want more jabs then let it be .if ppl dont also let it be. "

If people want to go camping, maybe they should shut up. Camping is boring. Hotels exist.

Needless to say I have made a booking.why the need to broadcast it ? Maybe ask them for a sticker at the clinic.

Why are you reading if it bores you? The thread title is 'Spring Covid Vaccine '"

Im allowed to do the f i want. So bore off

By *aekaeWoman 47 weeks ago

Between a cock and a soft place

Why are you reading if it bores you? The thread title is 'Spring Covid Vaccine '

Im allowed to do the f i want. So bore off "

I'm equally suprised at how many people comment on subjects that are of no interest.

There's irony in saying what you want, but denying the same to others. It's also a tad foolish, particularly in this instance.

By *ugby 123Couple 47 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Im allowed to do the f i want. So bore off "

It may be best to avoid the threads that bore you so that the threads don't go off on a different direction

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man 46 weeks ago

DUBLIN

Why? Do you need to be vaccinated?

By *naswingdressWoman 46 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope it all went well, Tarkus

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 46 weeks ago

Stockport

I read recently that development of more effective and longer lasting vaccines is proceeding rapidly, which is good. I believe still only at animal testing stage, but early results showing protection against all current strains of covid and expected protection against further mutations. Also antibody levels maintained for at least 12 months, so possibility of needing boosters no more than once annually.

This feels like a very important stepping stone towards getting a "one shot, lifelong protection" vaccine, and the eventual elimination of covid. It would be nice to think that the advancements made in vaccine technology during this fight against covid might also give tools against many other diseases including cancers and genetic conditions. Perhaps in generations to come science history will look back at covid as being the start of the end of disease.

By *csheffMan 46 weeks ago

Sheffield

"I read recently that development of more effective and longer lasting vaccines is proceeding rapidly, which is good. I believe still only at animal testing stage, but early results showing protection against all current strains of covid and expected protection against further mutations. Also antibody levels maintained for at least 12 months, so possibility of needing boosters no more than once annually.

This feels like a very important stepping stone towards getting a "one shot, lifelong protection" vaccine, and the eventual elimination of covid. It would be nice to think that the advancements made in vaccine technology during this fight against covid might also give tools against many other diseases including cancers and genetic conditions. Perhaps in generations to come science history will look back at covid as being the start of the end of disease."

Viruses like covid evolve and mutate rapidly. There will never be a "one shot" vaccine giving lifelong protection.

By *lex46TV/TS 45 weeks ago

Near Wells

I'll be getting my 6th jab on Wednesday, I'm doing it as I want to, had Covid twice, the first time was bloody horrible, the second nowhere near as bad.

I'm kind of hoping that if I get it a third time, I'll hardly notice.

By *addyjonMan 45 weeks ago

grays

Don't be too sure, I've had all the jabs and boosters. It's arrived back today and it's not nice.

By *arkus1812 OP   Man 45 weeks ago

"I hope it all went well, Tarkus "

It all went very well thanks, no after effects whatsoever.

By *icecouple561Couple 45 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I hope it all went well, Tarkus

It all went very well thanks, no after effects whatsoever. "

My dad was under the weather for about a week but he is much older than you

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

No one cares!

"

Interestingly (for me at least - weird brain), an anagram of “no one cares!” is “one car nose!” #YoureWelcome

By *aekaeWoman 44 weeks ago

Between a cock and a soft place

Ponder this.

"

There are two types of people in the world.

1) those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

By *naswingdressWoman 44 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Ponder this.

1) those who can extrapolate from incomplete data."

By *uyForeLadiesMan 44 weeks ago

Grantham

"

1) those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

"

By *andy 1Couple 44 weeks ago

northeast

just got it

By *naswingdressWoman 44 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"just got it "

By *lueborisMan 42 weeks ago

weybridge

You do know the clot shots are killing peoples don’t you. Can’t believe some are still getting it. Never had one never will. Wake up.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 42 weeks ago

You do know the clot shots are killing peoples don’t you. Can’t believe some are still getting it. Never had one never will. Wake up. "

you do realise that the chance if getting clots from covid is higher than with the vaccine that they actually stooped giving people.. even though even with the astra zenica vaccin, the risk od clots is much lower than from the pill... and if the shots were killing people they would have been stopped.

I've made sure my daughter has had all her vaccines.. flu and covid

By *naswingdressWoman 42 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

You do know the clot shots are killing peoples don’t you. Can’t believe some are still getting it. Never had one never will. Wake up. "

Whatever happened to believing in personal choice?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 42 weeks ago

Stockport

They're still alive. Lots of people who believed the disinformation from bots, cranks, idiots, snake oil salesmen and enemies of the west, are no longer alive. So yeah, I'd say the first 5 worked just fine.

By (user no longer on site) 42 weeks ago

Wise up mate! Nobody AT ALL is getting injured or is dying from the safe and effective jabs. Large and trustworthy pharmaceutical companies have the best interests of all recipients of their vaccines at heart. Anyway....if there had been thousands of people in Britain and Ireland suffering with post jab problems then the television would've told us. And I'm sure someone in parliament would've stood up and asked questions about it. I haven't heard or read ONE story about the pharma companies having to compensate any of these 'so called' victims of vaccine damage. Crawl back under your tinfoil hat! Nobody is interested...

Stockport

You do know that covid is killing unvaccinated people don't you. Can't believe that some people still don't get it. I've had every booster always will. Wake up.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 42 weeks ago

Reading

Blimey, it’s like being back in early 2021 with these recent posts

Stockport

You do know the clot shots are killing peoples don’t you. Can’t believe some are still getting it. Never had one never will. Wake up.

You do know that covid is killing unvaccinated people don't you. Can't believe that some people still don't get it. I've had every booster always will. Wake up.

You are absolutely right. My local nightingale hospital has been rammed full of COVID patients since March 2020. None of them took up the offer of the jab and now look at them. They're dying in their thousands and it's the biggest 'told ya so' in history.

If you get hit by a bus and the driver has COVID then you're a COVID death. Be wise and immunize. Anyone that took/takes the jab will not catch or indeed die of COVID.

The vaccines don't stop you catching the virus. They reduce the risks."

Indeed. In many things in life we have to accept that there is no surefire protection against danger, but at least we can reduce the risks.

Wearing a seatbelt does not stop you getting killed in a car accident, but since the seatbelt laws were introduced in 1983 there have been something like 50 million lives saved in this country. People who got to live a full life instead of going 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years early.

There's no sure fire treatment for cancer, and most cancer treatments have nasty side effects, but the treatment that my dad got for his prostate cancer gave him an extra ten years of life. Likewise there was absolutely zero guarantees with the experimental TB treatment that he got when he was only 21, indeed the doctor told him to his face that it might well just kill him immediately - but he would certainly die if he didn't try it. Fortunately it did work, it gave him another 70 years of life, and gave me the chance to be born.

No point in arguing with idiots, bots, snake oil salesmen and hostile state actors though. People who believe that covid is a dangerous illness and continue to keep themselves safe are going to, on average, last longer than people who have decided that they are actually getting stronger by having a debilitating disease four times a year. In five years time we can see who is still left.

By *an JuniperoCouple 42 weeks ago

North East

Wise up mate! Nobody AT ALL is getting injured or is dying from the safe and effective jabs. Large and trustworthy pharmaceutical companies have the best interests of all recipients of their vaccines at heart. Anyway....if there had been thousands of people in Britain and Ireland suffering with post jab problems then the television would've told us. And I'm sure someone in parliament would've stood up and asked questions about it. I haven't heard or read ONE story about the pharma companies having to compensate any of these 'so called' victims of vaccine damage. Crawl back under your tinfoil hat! Nobody is interested..."

No one at all? Are you actually claiming that not one single person has been injured or killed from a covid vaccine?

By *mp411Man 42 weeks ago

chester

Wise up mate! Nobody AT ALL is getting injured or is dying from the safe and effective jabs. Large and trustworthy pharmaceutical companies have the best interests of all recipients of their vaccines at heart. Anyway....if there had been thousands of people in Britain and Ireland suffering with post jab problems then the television would've told us. And I'm sure someone in parliament would've stood up and asked questions about it. I haven't heard or read ONE story about the pharma companies having to compensate any of these 'so called' victims of vaccine damage. Crawl back under your tinfoil hat! Nobody is interested...

No one at all? Are you actually claiming that not one single person has been injured or killed from a covid vaccine? "

Either sarcasm or extremely delusional

By *aveyb777Man 42 weeks ago

Market Rasen

What’s wrong, the first 5 not work? they require boosters. I'm having my 5th , my daughter her 6th soon.

We've booked my dad's 6th too.

I can't imagine why anyone would question trying to protect vulnerable people "

Surely protecting the young is better? They got a whole life ahead of work and getting by. Kill the young save the old?

By *aveyb777Man 42 weeks ago

Market Rasen

No one at all? Are you actually claiming that not one single person has been injured or killed from a covid vaccine?

Either sarcasm or extremely delusional "

When I had my first and only jab that almost killed me off, never felt that bad in my life ever. Certainly won’t have another jab

Is Covid still a thing? 99% of the population are just getting on with life.

By *eedsmale36Man 42 weeks ago

Leeds

No one cares!

Do you also tell people in the camping section that they are shouting about camping and no one cares?"

They are probably in a field with bad phone reception, so they won’t have 4G

By *naswingdressWoman 42 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Is Covid still a thing? 99% of the population are just getting on with life. "

I've noticed a small subset dedicate a fair amount of time to finding Covid content and telling people to get on with life.

Otherwise, yeah, most people are getting on with life - including routine vaccination

By *uality By DesignMan 42 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"What’s wrong, the first 5 not work?"

Had my 6th a month ago.

By *irty_DeedsMan 42 weeks ago

Teesside

"

Wearing a seatbelt does not stop you getting killed in a car accident, but since the seatbelt laws were introduced in 1983 there have been something like 50 million lives saved in this country. People who got to live a full life instead of going 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years early.

There's no sure fire treatment for cancer, and most cancer treatments have nasty side effects, but the treatment that my dad got for his prostate cancer gave him an extra ten years of life. Likewise there was absolutely zero guarantees with the experimental TB treatment that he got when he was only 21, indeed the doctor told him to his face that it might well just kill him immediately - but he would certainly die if he didn't try it. Fortunately it did work, it gave him another 70 years of life, and gave me the chance to be born.

"

You gave a few good examples apart from the fact that car crash, cancer and TB are all far more deadly than covid with or without jabs.

Cancer - pretty much a death sentence with no treatment.

Car Crash - Over 30mph with a seatbelt, yeah, probably dead

TB - Yeah. You were probably gonna die a miserable death with no treatment too.

Covid - The outcome the MASSIVE majority have regardless of jabs is a few days to a week feeling shitty.

Let's not pretend this jab stops covid. So if it's as apocalyptic as you like to make out we're all equally fucked.

Or more likely it fades into obscurity until the next pandemic rolls around.

By *ldgeezermeMan 42 weeks ago

Newcastle

"

You gave a few good examples apart from the fact that car crash, cancer and TB are all far more deadly than covid with or without jabs.

Covid - The outcome the MASSIVE majority have regardless of jabs is a few days to a week feeling shitty.

Let's not pretend this jab stops covid. So if it's as apocalyptic as you like to make out we're all equally fucked.

Or more likely it fades into obscurity until the next pandemic rolls around."

Makes you wonder what caused all those millions of excess deaths

Chemtrails and 5G I reckon

Hallelujah!

Amazes me that people are still going for them

By *ouldbefun99Couple 42 weeks ago

norwich

[Removed by poster at 09/06/23 07:58:25]

By *ugby 123Couple 42 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Is Covid still a thing? 99% of the population are just getting on with life.

"

You can get on with your life while admitting Covid is still a thing. It hasn't gone away just because people deny it is a problem for some people if they catch it

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 42 weeks ago

Durham

"

Or more likely it fades into obscurity until the next pandemic rolls around."

Can't really comment on the car crashes but around 1500 people die in road accidents a year. Covid is still killing 3 to 400 people week.

TB mortality rate in a western country is around 7%.

Cancer well it depends what type of cancer. Quite a few cancers have a 95%+ survival rate. Sadly a few a much deadlier.

The jab was used so we could reopen society quicker and to protect venerable people which it is still used for. If someone doesn't want a vaccination fair enough but they need to decide using stats and info not made up stuff.

By *uality By DesignMan 42 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Well this thread certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons.

» Add a new message to this topic