FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Capt Tom Moore

Capt Tom Moore

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 50 weeks ago

BIRMINGHAM

Any news whats happened to the £50m+ that was donted to Capt Moore?

Was it meant to help the nhs and go to good causes?

Is this one of the many scams that people took advantage of because of the virus?

Alot of people got rich on the back of covid.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 50 weeks ago

golden fields

"Any news whats happened to the £50m+ that was donted to Capt Moore?

Is this one of the many scams that people took advantage of because of the virus?

"

They added it onto the £350 mil a week the NHS is getting since Brexit.

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 50 weeks ago

BIRMINGHAM

They added it onto the £350 mil a week the NHS is getting since Brexit. "

Wonderful...maybe he should have done a few more laps rather than jetting off to Jamica or wherever he went on 1st class with his family.

By *ty31Man 50 weeks ago

NW London

Can't begrudge him a nice holiday, he deserved it.

It was a very heart warming story although I am of the opinion that I would rather he raised money for a different cause/charity.

By *londebiguyMan 50 weeks ago

Southport

I think that holiday finished him off.

Did it ever get resolved with his dodgy family taking over the charity fund?

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 50 weeks ago

Reading

"Can't begrudge him a nice holiday, he deserved it.

It was a very heart warming story although I am of the opinion that I would rather he raised money for a different cause/charity.

"

Which charity would you suggest

By *ty31Man 50 weeks ago

NW London

Which charity would you suggest "

I wouldn't as charities are very personal things. I just think that another charity would of benefited more from such an amount. Plus a lot of smaller charities lost out on donations due to people giving to Captain Tom

By *ohn KanakaMan 50 weeks ago

Not all that North of North London

The vast amount of money he raised with his walk went straight to the NHS didn't it?

I thought the dodgy affairs were linked to endorsemenrs/cashins/dodgy charity set up by has family when they realised his image abd name presented a huge money making opportunity

By *quirtyndirty!Couple 50 weeks ago

Nottingham

Went into the black hole that is the NHS.

By (user no longer on site) 50 weeks ago

It was never intended to go to tye NHS. That's where people get confused. It was destined for NHS charities. Completely separate entities from the NHS

By *allySlinkyWoman 50 weeks ago

Leeds

"It was never intended to go to tye NHS. That's where people get confused. It was destined for NHS charities. Completely separate entities from the NHS"

What are NHS charities ?

By *eedsmale36Man 50 weeks ago

Leeds

"It was never intended to go to tye NHS. That's where people get confused. It was destined for NHS charities. Completely separate entities from the NHS

What are NHS charities ?"

BUPA

By *ornucopiaMan 50 weeks ago

Bexley

Which charity would you suggest "

Anything administered by Rishi and his wife should be safe as it will get the closest public scrutiny!

The Charity Commission launched an inquiry in June last year after becoming concerned about arrangements between the charity and a company linked to Sir Tom's daughter, Hannah Ingram-Moore, and her husband Colin.

No idea if they have published the outcome of their investigation.

The money raised for the NHS, which was donated to NHS Charities Together, was not part of the scope of the Charity Commission's inquiry.

"The Charity Commission launched an inquiry in June last year after becoming concerned about arrangements between the charity and a company linked to Sir Tom's daughter, Hannah Ingram-Moore, and her husband Colin.

No idea if they have published the outcome of their investigation.

The money raised for the NHS, which was donated to NHS Charities Together, was not part of the scope of the Charity Commission's inquiry."

They also goy involved when the charity tried tp appount hos daughter as CEO on a £100k plus salary

If I remember correctly the issue raised about them was the excessive salaries and expenses the family paid themselves out of the money raised.

All charities accounts are publicly accessible so if anyone’s interested you should be able access them online through companies house.

Unfortunately although morally wrong it’s unlikely they broke any laws. They rules around salaries and expenses within charities are limited and only a small percentage of money raised has to actually go to good causes.

I didn’t keep up with the story so I can’t say what happened after, but I would say it’s highly likely absolutely nothing and the family enjoyed spending all the money they creamed off the donations from good meaning people

"If I remember correctly the issue raised about them was the excessive salaries and expenses the family paid themselves out of the money raised.

All charities accounts are publicly accessible so if anyone’s interested you should be able access them online through companies house.

Unfortunately although morally wrong it’s unlikely they broke any laws. They rules around salaries and expenses within charities are limited and only a small percentage of money raised has to actually go to good causes.

I didn’t keep up with the story so I can’t say what happened after, but I would say it’s highly likely absolutely nothing and the family enjoyed spending all the money they creamed off the donations from good meaning people

"

The family were in it for what they could get. They created a company and registered him and his image as trademarks before registering the charity meaning anything from the charity with his image on it would pay them a fee.

My guess is that given the millions he raised went to the NHS and that his story and image only had a very short shelf life, the million or 2 raised after his death is sitting in the charities coffers while his family try and find a way to get their hands on it. They should have followed the lead of the McCanns and called it a charity without formally registering as one so yoy can use the donations as you please, even to pay the mortgage

"

The family were in it for what they could get. They created a company and registered him and his image as trademarks before registering the charity meaning anything from the charity with his image on it would pay them a fee.

My guess is that given the millions he raised went to the NHS and that his story and image only had a very short shelf life, the million or 2 raised after his death is sitting in the charities coffers while his family try and find a way to get their hands on it. They should have followed the lead of the McCanns and called it a charity without formally registering as one so yoy can use the donations as you please, even to pay the mortgage"

Wow they really milked it then.

I would imagine a good accountant will help them cream of most the the money.

Don’t quote me on this but I think a charity only have to donate something like 10% of the donations to be called a charity

By *hristopherd999Man 50 weeks ago

Brentwood

Why would you take a very old man on holiday during a pandemic? Was it really a surprise he caught Covid?

By *he Boot BoysCouple (MM) 50 weeks ago

LIVERPOOL

It's very easy for people who run charities to siphon off cash into to their own pockets in a perfectly legal way.

They're highly recommended as a great way for dodgy people to get rich.

By *leasureseekers123Couple 50 weeks ago

Hythe

The money that he raised was thankfully donated to NHS charities together which then distributed the funds to various causes mostly related to the elderly. It’s what happened next that’s being investigated as the “foundation” raised a million quid of which 250k went in costs

By *heGoodGirlAndHerMasterCouple 50 weeks ago

Bishop Auckland

It was used to improve the TikTok videos that took weeks to choreograph in the hospitals that were so overrun. X

The NHS is not a charity.

By *ackformore100Man 50 weeks ago

Tin town

Yes its well established that people are prepared to work for free and that there are no costs for running charities.

Tin town

For all the judges in the room... Worth having a read of this...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/salarysurvey/table/0,12406,1042677,00.html

Hythe

"The NHS is not a charity.

"

The money went to “NHS charities together” it is a charity. It’s distributes funds.

Hythe

"Yes its well established that people are prepared to work for free and that there are no costs for running charities. "

That’s not really what the issue is. The issue is that rather than the foundation having his name and likeness trademarked the daughter set up a company and did it herself, therefore making the charitable foundation liable for fees to use his name. Then the foundation was going to pay her £100k a year as an employee. Obviously that creates a potential conflict of interest

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that a charity runs for free.

By *lym4realCouple 50 weeks ago

plymouth

Although i applaud him doing what he did as it was done with the best intention the sight of a old man who'd already given so much for this country walking around his garden to raise funds for the NHS ?? did 100% sum up all that's wrong wit this country ?? ( where the people's billionaire sued the NHS and walked away with £20 million) but i understand his daughter did rather well out of it and is or was being investigated by the charities commision ?

Tin town

"Yes its well established that people are prepared to work for free and that there are no costs for running charities.

That’s not really what the issue is. The issue is that rather than the foundation having his name and likeness trademarked the daughter set up a company and did it herself, therefore making the charitable foundation liable for fees to use his name. Then the foundation was going to pay her £100k a year as an employee. Obviously that creates a potential conflict of interest

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that a charity runs for free. "

So.. Rather employ another ceo at 100k than his daughter is that the point? Theres some bitter folks on here

Hythe

"Yes its well established that people are prepared to work for free and that there are no costs for running charities.

So.. Rather employ another ceo at 100k than his daughter is that the point? Theres some bitter folks on here "

What’s bitter about it?

So.. Rather employ another ceo at 100k than his daughter is that the point? Theres some bitter folks on here "

I'm pretty sure market rate for a CEO of a charity of that size (barely any staff, an income of less than £1million) is not £100k.

The charity is tiny. Interestingly after trying to appoint the daughter initially on a part tine salary of £60k and then a full time salary of £100k despite her having never previously worked in the charity sector and having never advertised the position of CEO it appears the charity no longer requires a CEO.

The trustees are similarly not linked to any other charities but their names suggest a close link to Captain Tom.

The charity has paid out more in costs than it has grants and is sitting on £700k.

If the daughter had taken 2 years salary that would be almost 30% of the charity's assets which is a ridiculous amount.

Tin town

So.. Rather employ another ceo at 100k than his daughter is that the point? Theres some bitter folks on here

I'm pretty sure market rate for a CEO of a charity of that size (barely any staff, an income of less than £1million) is not £100k.

The charity is tiny. Interestingly after trying to appoint the daughter initially on a part tine salary of £60k and then a full time salary of £100k despite her having never previously worked in the charity sector and having never advertised the position of CEO it appears the charity no longer requires a CEO.

The trustees are similarly not linked to any other charities but their names suggest a close link to Captain Tom.

The charity has paid out more in costs than it has grants and is sitting on £700k.

If the daughter had taken 2 years salary that would be almost 30% of the charity's assets which is a ridiculous amount.

"

Have a read of the link i posted. That shows going rates. And yes. It is.

Have a read of the link i posted. That shows going rates. And yes. It is. "

It really isn't.

Those figures clearly show only a handful of charities pat £100k salaries and they are huge organisations like the NSPCC, CRUK, The National Trust, British heart foundation etc

And look at the right hand column detailing salary as a percentage of every £1000 income, they are almost all in the low single figures. Fir Captain Tom it would have been in the region of 15% way higher than others on a similar salary and way higher than almost every charity.

So however you look at it. In pure numbers or as a percentage the proposed salary was disproportionately high.

Or am I reading your figures wrong?

The inly way that salary was valid was if they were dealing with the £38 million he raised and had that been the case entrusting the charity to a CEO with no relevant experience and a group of trustee's with no experience would have been a ridiculous proposal

By *ill69888Couple 50 weeks ago

cheltenham

"

a friend of mine works in the NHS. Shortly after that money was raised, each person in their team was given a very cheap plastic water bottle, a teabag, pen and sticker….. kindly paid for by Captain Tom funds!

Yes, the items wouldn’t have cost much, but those items was given to everyone in the trust - 4,500 people!!! The NHS absolutely loves wasting money. It certainly doesn’t need more money, it needs people to be held accountable to what they waste/spend!!!

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 50 weeks ago

Durham

a friend of mine works in the NHS. Shortly after that money was raised, each person in their team was given a very cheap plastic water bottle, a teabag, pen and sticker….. kindly paid for by Captain Tom funds!

Yes, the items wouldn’t have cost much, but those items was given to everyone in the trust - 4,500 people!!! The NHS absolutely loves wasting money. It certainly doesn’t need more money, it needs people to be held accountable to what they waste/spend!!!"

But these things were paid for by the charity not the NHS. Of course an organization the size of the NHS will have waste. How do you try and cut that down more bureaucrats and managers which are deeply unpopular with most of the population.If we want anything like the health care we have now in the future we will all have to pay more be that tax for the NHS or private health insurance. We as the UK we want western Europe quality public services but we only want to pay US level taxes. You can't have both.

Hythe

Yes, the items wouldn’t have cost much, but those items was given to everyone in the trust - 4,500 people!!! The NHS absolutely loves wasting money. It certainly doesn’t need more money, it needs people to be held accountable to what they waste/spend!!!

But these things were paid for by the charity not the NHS. Of course an organization the size of the NHS will have waste. How do you try and cut that down more bureaucrats and managers which are deeply unpopular with most of the population.If we want anything like the health care we have now in the future we will all have to pay more be that tax for the NHS or private health insurance. We as the UK we want western Europe quality public services but we only want to pay US level taxes. You can't have both."

Exactly this! Can I pay really low taxes and have an amazing health care system please? Of course not.

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman 50 weeks ago

Happy Town;-)

Oh god yes all our mps made a fortune plus bill gates made 50billion and the pharmaceutical companies made millions !!

Hythe

"Oh god yes all our mps made a fortune plus bill gates made 50billion and the pharmaceutical companies made millions !! "

So you want our MP’s, Bill Gates (an American) and pharma companies (private and not all based in the UK) to fund our NHS?

How would that work?

By *rankie4Man 50 weeks ago

East Kilbride

Baroness Mone of Chelsea said there was no skullduggery so who believes her ? Thieving cow that she is.

» Add a new message to this topic