FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Anything postive thing happen to you- covid

Anything postive thing happen to you- covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 50 weeks ago

BIRMINGHAM

We all talk about all the bad points regarding covid but anything good come out of it for you?

Me and my partner are both working from home since covid. Saving money on fuel and transport time and also spending more time with the kids.

Going to gym more and just being careful what we eat.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *coptoCouple 50 weeks ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

Definitely! We were in our gaff in France when “Lockdown 1” was declared, people were dropping like flies in Italy and the overcrowded poorer parts of larger French cities, in the end we were more or less obliged to stay here for three months with nothing to do but sunbathe by the pool, start a keep-fit and diet régime and laugh at the UK’s “MUST stay at home… but if you can’t, you don’t have to… MUST wear masks… but only if you want to” nonsense.

Here it was outside for one hour a day only, within 1 km of home, and carrying a declaration of when and why you were outside so the Police could check. No messing, no exceptions.

It made up our minds as to whether or not to go back to a post-BREXIT UK and be restricted to visiting France for only 90 days in any six-month period, or move permanently to France and return to the UK only as and when.

We chose the latter: while writing this we’re sitting on our balcony drinking some lovely red wine (it’s not quite rosé time) and eating fresh baguette and cheese, overlooking “our” bay and in the distance the Îles d'Or and the naturist island of Levant.

Thanks COVID!

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple 50 weeks ago

Pembrokeshire

"We all talk about all the bad points regarding covid but anything good come out of it for you?

"

we decided to move in together the day before the first lockdown started and we are still together... married now.

By *hirleyMan 50 weeks ago

somewhere

"We all talk about all the bad points regarding covid but anything good come out of it for you?

Me and my partner are both working from home since covid. Saving money on fuel and transport time and also spending more time with the kids.

"

Don't want to piss on your parade but knowing what I know, "working from home" jobs will mostly be taken by AI in the not too distant future, probably give it 5-10 years before they take noticeable effect from what I've learned.

By *ature FAB FunCouple 50 weeks ago

Bolsover

After spending 5 weeks in intensive care with Covid, told I nearly died twice and after a further 7 weeks resting at my daughters I vowed never to spend another day unhappy

So, at 60 years young, I joined Match.com, met my partner, left my husband of 39 years and am now deliriously happy……,,,,

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 50 weeks ago

Telford

Yes lockdown actually helped my son's learning because I was there to help one on one and this dramatically increased his academic know how.

I also decided to redo my maths and English and complete a level 2 in support work for schools and collages and helped me land the job I wanted.

By *naswingdressWoman 50 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

People have shown themselves for who they are, and I'm much happier being around people whose values align much more closely with my own.

(No, I don't value diversity of thinking in this regard in my personal life. Nothing of value was lost)

By *heGoodGirlAndHerMasterCouple 50 weeks ago

Bishop Auckland

I learned to whistle real well because I didn't wear a muzzle, ever and I used to whistle around the shops. "If you are happy and you know it" was a favourite tune. Have a great weekend, fellow fabsters. X

By *p4funWellyMan 50 weeks ago

K' town

Don't want to piss on your parade but knowing what I know, "working from home" jobs will mostly be taken by AI in the not too distant future, probably give it 5-10 years before they take noticeable effect from what I've learned."

You don't want to but you still did "piss on their parade.

Wouldn't it be nice to keep a positive post positive

By *p4funWellyMan 50 weeks ago

K' town

I loved lockdown as I began to apriciate nature more, walked and just became fitter, now cycling and loving it

By *amantha_JadeWoman 50 weeks ago

Liverpool

I felt very lucky during lockdown. As I was furloughed, I had lots of time to focus on myself and the future.

I left a toxic long term relationship. I found a new job in a totally different industry. I spent lots of precious quality time with my sister and niece as we were in a ‘bubble’. It was also so much more enjoyable to exercise, cook and eat healthier as there was no pressure to rush and fit everything in. I had loads of time with my dog and also loved sleeping without an alarm

By *icecouple561Couple 50 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

At the time I was really struggling with helping care for my mum. She asked me not to go when lockdown first started and it gave me a much needed period of respite

By *ythica69Man 50 weeks ago

northwest

I went through 150 pills of ecstasy during the first lockdown

By *hironMan 50 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

I play drums in a punk band. Lockdown put an end to gigging and rehearsing, so i learned to play the keyboard and guitar.

I'm struggling with guitar but have learned enough to be able to create my own music.

I turned my front room in my little flat into a studio and have recorded a dozen tunes/songs. Due to the limit of my abilities on the new instruments, there has been a lot of frustration, but the net result has been extremely rewarding.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan 50 weeks ago

Rochester, Kent

I dreaded lockdown when it first started )single, live alone), but I very quickly learned that I was happy in my own company. It was the first time in my life that I realised I’m quite contented.

Plus there was nobody to answer to, for lazing around drinking beer in my sunny garden. That helped, too.

By *ost SockMan 50 weeks ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I was brought in to work on Covid.

I get the arguments for and against the way it was handled, but I do know there are people walking around my part kf the world who wouldn’t have been without my efforts.

That makes me feel very good about myself after some tough years

By *herryblossom_BJWoman 50 weeks ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I got to write short erotic stories on fab. Don't have time before and after the pandemic

By *innamon!Woman 50 weeks ago

no matter

"After spending 5 weeks in intensive care with Covid, told I nearly died twice and after a further 7 weeks resting at my daughters I vowed never to spend another day unhappy

So, at 60 years young, I joined Match.com, met my partner, left my husband of 39 years and am now deliriously happy……,,,,"

Wow that turn ended out well for you then .. super !

Not the 5 week in hospital bit though , I tested positive today , I went to IKEA on Wednesday started shivers Thursday didn’t give testing a thought till today feel bloody awful at moment

By *axtanMan 50 weeks ago

los Cristianos now

I lived

By *ust RachelTV/TS 49 weeks ago

Eastbourne

[Removed by poster at 07/05/23 23:10:05]

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

Got to have more quality time with family.

Made me more conscious about my own health and taking better care of my immune system.

Better understanding of mob mentality.

By *olymalelincsMan 49 weeks ago

nr spalding

I built a 5m2 deck at the back of my house that I had been meaning to do for about 2 years and lost 3st in the process as i built it by myself, this was also my first large wood working project so a bit of a personal accomplishment.

By *he James gangCouple 49 weeks ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Covid! What about TB and consumption, oh, they're gone as well.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 49 weeks ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 09/05/23 07:54:38]

By *reenleavesCouple 49 weeks ago

North Wales

The first couple of months of lockdown were really nice for us. We normally only see each other at weekends so it was great to spend so much time together. The weather was perfect and we got all the garden jobs done that we'd been putting off for ever.

We got to know our local area much better when the 5mile rule came in and then really explore our county when that one came in. It's lead to a much bigger appreciation for nature and enjoying the little things. We're far less materialistic now.

It wasn't all roses. We both suffered mentally from the isolation and losing our old routines. There are still some scars from that that we still carry. But overall I think it was positive experience for us. Largely because of where we live, having a big garden and no dependants to think about. I imagine it would have been a very different experience if we'd had kids or elderly relatives to care for.

By *entlemanFoxMan 49 weeks ago

North East / London

Hi,

I was working remotely before the lockdown, so just carried on.

I used lockdown as a chance to switch to healthier eating. Out with processed meals like pizza and in with cooked from scratch soups and freshly made meals. So my cooking skills have improved.

Swapped my ex-wife for a dog who is happy, loving and fun to be with.

By *uffymayfairCouple 49 weeks ago

Almeria

We were living in a very remote part of the uk and decided to sell the house and move to Spain, due to the horde's of people wanting to move away from cities the house price went up, first viewer offered £20k above the asking price because she wanted to live out there.

By *irty_DeedsMan 49 weeks ago

Teesside

I made millions on under the table ppe deals and dodgy contracts through my government contacts. Oh no wait, that was the tory party not me, my mistake

By *irty_DeedsMan 49 weeks ago

Teesside

On a serious note. I got fat, depressed and took up day drinking in the sun, which led to me giving myself a much needed kick up the arse. Now I'm in the best shape physically and mentally I've been in decades

By *unsexual MemelordWoman 49 weeks ago

Midlothian

I have a rubbish immune system, and normally get a cold or bug several times a year. Since covid appeared, presumably because of all the mask-wearing I went almost two years without catching a thing.

By *loss aka Miss JonesWoman 49 weeks ago

south coast IOW

There are some lovely stories here. They made me smile.

By *isburnguyforfunMan 43 weeks ago

lisburn

It showed to me the complete idiot's in the world. The non vaccine people etc . My stepdaughter has long COVID and I say suck it up baby girl if only you didn't believe the Facebook scientists . I lost both my parents who were perfectly healthy. So suffer all you anti vaccine people!!!!!!!

By *ea wangMan 43 weeks ago

scunthorpe

The realization I was never going to get the payrise I deserved so a year on and 2 new jobs later im earning 13 grand a year more and loving the job I'm doing

By *ikeybr0Man 43 weeks ago

Newport

"It showed to me the complete idiot's in the world. The non vaccine people etc . My stepdaughter has long COVID and I say suck it up baby girl if only you didn't believe the Facebook scientists . I lost both my parents who were perfectly healthy. So suffer all you anti vaccine people!!!!!!!

"

This is what I realised during the pandemic.

That humans can think stuff like this.

By *alleyDaveMan 43 weeks ago

Sheffield

"I learned to whistle real well because I didn't wear a muzzle, ever and I used to whistle around the shops. "If you are happy and you know it" was a favourite tune. Have a great weekend, fellow fabsters. X"

By *atnip make me purrWoman 43 weeks ago

Reading

Loved working from home. Now in a hybrid which is still better than ft in the office. I was lucky not to lose anyone due to covid but my dad died during covid so his funeral wasn't well attended which it otherwise would have been.

By *entlemanrogueMan 43 weeks ago

Motherwell

saved a fair bit of money, lost three stone had a work/stress free 8 months.

By *idden Gem69Woman 43 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

Nope far from it, worked all through the pandemic in retail dealing with grumpy people who couldnt follow rules, mum was told she had cancer all alone in a hospital room because none of us were allowed with her, mum died 5 weeks later from said cancer with us 3 daughters having to take turns about sitting at her bedside while the other 2 sat in a car outside hospital because all 3 of us werent allowed into her room together until she was taking her final breaths, so nope nothing at all

By *iguyyyMan 43 weeks ago

whitstable

"The realization I was never going to get the payrise I deserved so a year on and 2 new jobs later im earning 13 grand a year more and loving the job I'm doing"

Wow any jobs going?

By *estivalMan 43 weeks ago

borehamwood

"It showed to me the complete idiot's in the world. The non vaccine people etc . My stepdaughter has long COVID and I say suck it up baby girl if only you didn't believe the Facebook scientists . I lost both my parents who were perfectly healthy. So suffer all you anti vaccine people!!!!!!!

"

ah very nice of u wishing suffering on others this is what i noticed during lockdown, if you didnt agree with the tv then you were sub human, oh well at least peoples masks slipped and they showed there real selves

By *eastZMan 43 weeks ago

London

I met neighbours fuck group haha

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

Yes found out I had cronic leukaemia after going to docs they did blood tests on me

Wouldn't have bothered going if it had not been for covid

By *ea wangMan 43 weeks ago

scunthorpe

"The realization I was never going to get the payrise I deserved so a year on and 2 new jobs later im earning 13 grand a year more and loving the job I'm doing

Wow any jobs going? "

strangely enough yes ,wren always looking for people but shit bosses and my new job in brandesburton always looking for staff

By *mjay99Man 43 weeks ago

Port Talbot

Made me realise my marriage was done. Best thing that EVER happened

By *elshcouple18Couple 43 weeks ago

Cardiff

We found a love for cycling as neither of us could play squash during lockdown..

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple 43 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

Took all 5 grants roughly £35k

By *melie LALWoman 43 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Took all 5 grants roughly £35k "

What grants?

By *orny PTMan 43 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I have a rubbish immune system, and normally get a cold or bug several times a year. Since covid appeared, presumably because of all the mask-wearing I went almost two years without catching a thing. "

All hail the D1o disinfectant. If you contain one respiratory condition by practising proper hygiene, such as washing your hands after every toliet visit and not play with your I-phone on the throne, then you'll find it a bit easier to stay healthier.

I was a covid cleaner and dodged that bullet.

By *amelaXTV/TS 43 weeks ago

Swindon

Furlough was a lefties wet dream.....

Sadly we are now having to pick up the peices.

There was nothing positive about Covid, except for the fact that many people are now more wary of the nonsense spouted by politicians and 'paid for' experts

By *orny PTMan 43 weeks ago

Peterborough

Clear roads+less pollution, plus the cheap petrol helped us none NHS keyworkers out a fair bit

I absaloutly loved covid was probably one of the best times of my life which is a bit of a tabboo thing to say, but im in construction so could still work my business did really well we finally broke the two million turnover barrier which i have been trying to do for a good few years, there was less traffic so we were getting to jobs quicker and home quicker only thing i didnt like was all the selfishness that went on during lockdowns

By *heRazorsEdgeMan 43 weeks ago

Wales/ All over UK

It made me realise who my true friends were.

Some stayed in touch constantly with zoom calls and the like, helping each other when some of us felt low…. And some “friends” really just melted into the background and didn’t interact when they didn’t have someone pandering to them.

By *irty_DeedsMan 43 weeks ago

Teesside

"

These are the posts that confirmed my lack of faith in humanity was justified.

Not fonna lie, I was shocked at how quickly the othering of a group took hold. The hatred and vitriol displayed by loads throughout the pandemic wishing death, suffering, the withholding of medical treatment, access to services and various other awful things all the way to what amounted to concentration camps all because they didn't feel they needed a medical intervention to what amounts to a bad bout of the flu.

My good thing about covid was it made me realise people are truly awful and will agree to inhuman measures if they think it will save them. Justifies my decision to always keep my circle small.

By *xhib12Man 43 weeks ago

Blyth

I was considering early retirement but wasn't sure I could handle not having a job to go to. Lockdown forced me to stay at home so once I'd finished all the diy jobs I'd been putting off I reconnected with my love for cooking amongst other things. Went back to work once allowed and realised I was ready for retirement so did the figures, found out I could afford it so now I'm retired. Best yhing I ever did and loving life.

By *elaninMaverickWoman 43 weeks ago

near Putney Heath

"After spending 5 weeks in intensive care with Covid, told I nearly died twice and after a further 7 weeks resting at my daughters I vowed never to spend another day unhappy

So, at 60 years young, I joined Match.com, met my partner, left my husband of 39 years and am now deliriously happy……,,,,"

Amazing.

near Putney Heath

"

i saved 10k. spent half going to Barbados for my 40the birthday for a month business class. The other half I bought an electric Brompton.

I only survived because I was already under mental health services and they kept me relatively sane.

By *ikeybr0Man 43 weeks ago

Newport

These are the posts that confirmed my lack of faith in humanity was justified.

Not fonna lie, I was shocked at how quickly the othering of a group took hold. The hatred and vitriol displayed by loads throughout the pandemic wishing death, suffering, the withholding of medical treatment, access to services and various other awful things all the way to what amounted to concentration camps all because they didn't feel they needed a medical intervention to what amounts to a bad bout of the flu.

My good thing about covid was it made me realise people are truly awful and will agree to inhuman measures if they think it will save them. Justifies my decision to always keep my circle small."

Bravo. Perfectly said.

It’s an intelligence thing, I don’t care if that offends. People able to think for themselves realise humanity is better than this.

By *ilvercreatureMan 43 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

"People were dropping like flies in Italy"

WTF is this about?

By *eepinyou2000Man 43 weeks ago

Swansea

Cleared 14k of debt in 18months paid off the noose that was then a dirty smell and finally got my career back on track

The whole thing was a positive experience for me. Got to travel to lots of remote places in Scotland and take my family, the roads were quiet and nature was reclaiming the world. Lots of late nights and long lies. It was bliss!

[Removed by poster at 20/06/23 16:26:18]

By *ayleePhoenixTV/TS 43 weeks ago

Bristol

Yes, I went to counselling and got rid of decades of mental and emotional crap that was weighing me down and holding me back. It was hard and difficult at first but definitely worth all those tears.

Would definitely recommend it but you need to find the right counsellor-I was very lucky with both of mine.

It changed my life. I was working on generators, just fixing and servicing.

Got made redundant, found a shitty paid job, but in the background I taught myself how to code.

I've now been taken on full time by a big company doing something I find hard and interesting

By *alcon43Woman 43 weeks ago

Paisley

I now work from home permanently.

I was able to give my daughter the support she needed for calls and meetings and she’s now just finished her first college course.

I was able to spend more time with my Mum and visit in hospital more than I could’ve if I’d been in the office. It made it easier for me in the final weeks I had with her.

For me covid was definitely a ‘every cloud has a silver lining’ period.

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 43 weeks ago

BIRMINGHAM

"I now work from home permanently.

I was able to give my daughter the support she needed for calls and meetings and she’s now just finished her first college course.

I was able to spend more time with my Mum and visit in hospital more than I could’ve if I’d been in the office. It made it easier for me in the final weeks I had with her.

For me covid was definitely a ‘every cloud has a silver lining’ period. "

Glad it worked out well for you x

By *igharryMan 43 weeks ago

Manchester

Met my current fiance a few months before 1st lockdown and decided to move in together before the 2nd.

Will be married in 2 months and shes the most amazing woman i could ever ask for. Lockdown made us very close and created an unbreakable bond between us.

Shame shes not into swinging so shes taken me out of the scene but it doesn’t bother me enough to want to cheat or break up

By *almprintsWoman 43 weeks ago

Organising fun and chaos in West

Due to the massive amounts of people furloughed at my former company I had to take a pay cut and work 60 hours a week. That was rubbish.

But the best thing was being at home with my family throughout the whole thing. We genuinely all reconnected and came out closer and stronger.

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple 43 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

"Took all 5 grants roughly £35k

What grants?"

For self employed

By *irthnextdoorMan 43 weeks ago

Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 21/06/23 18:15:16]

By *irthnextdoorMan 43 weeks ago

Yorkshire

Yes. People showed their true colours and it’s such a good feeling to say “I TOLD YOU SO.”

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 43 weeks ago

Southampton

Nope. I became extremely mentally unwell because of the stress of working through covid....

By *izandpaulCouple 43 weeks ago

merseyside

I worked right through which was a eye opener but Paul came home from working abroad, which was nice.

By *ucky24Man 43 weeks ago

Lowestoft

I was very fortunate in firstly I didn't lose anyone to COVID. I was working away when the first lockdown happened and couldn't return home due to issues but fortunately the company had paid the rent on the flat for two months and said I could stay in it for the furlough which was going to be for 2 months but only lasted 3 weeks, as the company asked me back to pilot a return to work. I used that time off to take stock and appreciate the things I had and to not worry about the things I didn't have control over.

Also learnt to be kinder to myself.

near Putney Heath

"Nope. I became extremely mentally unwell because of the stress of working through covid...."

Hugs sorry.

I was already plugged into mental health services and that really saved my bacon...I felt really fortunate. You are not alone in the struggle with mental health due to the pandemic. A lot of people in recovery had relapses.

near Putney Heath

"I was very fortunate in firstly I didn't lose anyone to COVID. I was working away when the first lockdown happened and couldn't return home due to issues but fortunately the company had paid the rent on the flat for two months and said I could stay in it for the furlough which was going to be for 2 months but only lasted 3 weeks, as the company asked me back to pilot a return to work. I used that time off to take stock and appreciate the things I had and to not worry about the things I didn't have control over.

Also learnt to be kinder to myself."

I was fortunate not to lose anyone close to covid. There were a few funerals that I couldn't attend but I visited the grave site after alone.

I work in a supermarket so I felt blessed that I didn't have to worry about food. They fed us first before so that we could give out the rest to essential workers and the rest of the public. they also gave us a lot of extra money over the 2 years.

By *ravo_CharlieMan 43 weeks ago

East Sussex

Yep, was in a really bad place due to loosing a friend to suicide, then breaking my leg and being off work for nearly a year, then covid came along and snapped me out of it.. I was able to go out to work and be in the countryside while everyone else was unfortunately locked up like criminals.. I thanked for about 2 months for sorting my jead out until I woke up and realised we were being screwed over

Much more happier as a person and will never take my life or freedom for granted again

By *londebiguyMan 43 weeks ago

Southport

"I was brought in to work on Covid.

I get the arguments for and against the way it was handled, but I do know there are people walking around my part kf the world who wouldn’t have been without my efforts.

That makes me feel very good about myself after some tough years "

Excellent.

There are some good positive posts here.

Though, as usual, the very childish tinfoil hat brigade too which is a shame on a positive topic

By *alcon43Woman 43 weeks ago

Paisley

Hopefully we’ll take less for granted now.

No, the only positive thing that happened to me, was testing positive

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 43 weeks ago

Southampton

"Nope. I became extremely mentally unwell because of the stress of working through covid....

Hugs sorry.

I was already plugged into mental health services and that really saved my bacon...I felt really fortunate. You are not alone in the struggle with mental health due to the pandemic. A lot of people in recovery had relapses."

Thank you xx I'm in a better place now, but covid did nothing to help especially with people claiming it was all a hoax xx

I was diagnosed with a form of throat cancer during lockdown. Despite all the scaremongering on the news about waiting lists I was seen, diagnosed and started on treatments within 3weeks. Now fully recovered thankfully. I look on this as a good thing because had I not contacted my local surgery, who knows what could have happened

By *2000ManMan 42 weeks ago

Worthing

My old Secondary school had a facebook group. Not many members. During lockdown, hundreds of ex-pupils joined. Some great memories shared.

By *usty kayWoman 42 weeks ago

Burnham

Covid changed our lives so much for the better.

Hubby got 3hrs a day back and used it to lose 3 stone and get healthy. He's now working from home and is the main parent.

I was a stay at home mum before covid and was struggling. I took the opportunity to do some charity work during the first lockdown, was amazing. I got to stand in the sun and really felt like I was helping people. Through that I was offered a job in a completely different sector to what I had been doing before kids. I never thought I had the skills that I do and I'm grateful other people saw my potential. I'm now earning over twice what I could have done if I had gone back to my original career path and I absolutely love what I am doing.

We saved so much money we finally did up our bedroom and our dining room and got so many jobs around the house and garden done. We got to spend so much time together as a family and I started to enjoy being a mum again instead of just plodding through.

Don't get me wrong, there were downsides and some of the anxieties that arose during are still there l. I very much missed my family and ended up missing 2 Christmas's with my whole family because of covid but I am so grateful for those 18 months that have literally changed my life

By *melie LALWoman 42 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Covid changed our lives so much for the better.

Hubby got 3hrs a day back and used it to lose 3 stone and get healthy. He's now working from home and is the main parent.

I was a stay at home mum before covid and was struggling. I took the opportunity to do some charity work during the first lockdown, was amazing. I got to stand in the sun and really felt like I was helping people. Through that I was offered a job in a completely different sector to what I had been doing before kids. I never thought I had the skills that I do and I'm grateful other people saw my potential. I'm now earning over twice what I could have done if I had gone back to my original career path and I absolutely love what I am doing.

We saved so much money we finally did up our bedroom and our dining room and got so many jobs around the house and garden done. We got to spend so much time together as a family and I started to enjoy being a mum again instead of just plodding through.

Don't get me wrong, there were downsides and some of the anxieties that arose during are still there l. I very much missed my family and ended up missing 2 Christmas's with my whole family because of covid but I am so grateful for those 18 months that have literally changed my life"

By *alleyDaveMan 41 weeks ago

Sheffield

Being self employed I worked as normal through all the lockdowns, so my life was unchanged. The only difference I noticed was the roads were a lot quieter and I was able to move around a lot easier. I run my own courier company, so life went on as normal.

By *ent in BlackMan 38 weeks ago

Silsden

"

Yep I was positive three times with no symptoms so had to stay at home!

By *o new WinksMan 38 weeks ago

BSE

"

Yep I was positive three times with no symptoms so had to stay at home! "

This. 3 positives, no illness. At all.

But the most positive thing is, when I was stranded alone in Spain, I had lots of time to research issues linked to Arthritis and other pains I was suffering.

I came back and had to isolate for 2 weeks so I was able to instigate a massive change in diet which sees me now, 3 years on,

Arthritis free

4 stone lighter

Healthier than I have felt for 20 years at least.

So Covid was a life changing moment for me.

By *ent in BlackMan 38 weeks ago

Silsden

"

But the most positive thing is, when I was stranded alone in Spain, I had lots of time to research issues linked to Arthritis and other pains I was suffering.

I came back and had to isolate for 2 weeks so I was able to instigate a massive change in diet which sees me now, 3 years on,

Arthritis free

4 stone lighter

So Covid was a life changing moment for me. "

I’m currently suffering with rheumatoid arthritis, what are you doing if you don’t mind me asking?

BSE

"

Arthritis free

4 stone lighter

I’m currently suffering with rheumatoid arthritis, what are you doing if you don’t mind me asking?"

I have messaged you.

By *melie LALWoman 38 weeks ago

Peterborough

"

Arthritis free

4 stone lighter

I’m currently suffering with rheumatoid arthritis, what are you doing if you don’t mind me asking?

I have messaged you. "

What helps it?

Intrigued.

BSE

"

Arthritis free

4 stone lighter

I have messaged you.

What helps it?

Intrigued."

I will message you if you want to.

But if you watch this, this is an outline.

https://youtu.be/0ka9WBEijhk

Peterborough

"

Arthritis free

4 stone lighter

I have messaged you.

What helps it?

Intrigued.

I will message you if you want to.

But if you watch this, this is an outline.

https://youtu.be/0ka9WBEijhk"

I can see this not being popular with those promoting less meat. However, I cannot tolerate a high carb/ processed foods diet.

I, like her, would love the research on how being purely carnivorous helped with her autoimmune diseases. Osteoarthritis is age/ wear and tear/ gene related though.

BSE

Yes. But, less than a month after removing all non animal foods from my diet, my limp of 25yrs went away.

I could manage stairs, walk miles etc.etc. I didn't even realise til one day and I thought "So.ethings wrong" and it was, I had no pain.

What did I eliminate to make this recovery ? Not sure and don't care. Been 3 years and I have no intention of going back.

Research has been done...over millions of years of evolution. We thrived up until we farmed. Since agrarian systems a few thousand years ago our brain size has reduced by 10% according to anthropologists.

More acutely, all modern illnesses were rare until we started on the low fat, manufactured food route.

By *irty_DeedsMan 38 weeks ago

Teesside

"Yes. But, less than a month after removing all non animal foods from my diet, my limp of 25yrs went away.

I could manage stairs, walk miles etc.etc. I didn't even realise til one day and I thought "So.ethings wrong" and it was, I had no pain.

What did I eliminate to make this recovery ? Not sure and don't care. Been 3 years and I have no intention of going back.

Research has been done...over millions of years of evolution. We thrived up until we farmed. Since agrarian systems a few thousand years ago our brain size has reduced by 10% according to anthropologists.

More acutely, all modern illnesses were rare until we started on the low fat, manufactured food route."

I know a few people who have pretty much cured long term arthritis and auto immune issues by going totally carnivore. I did it for 3 months and felt amazing also.

Peterborough

What you have to note is rheumatoid and osteo arthritis have different cause.

I agree wink, the more processed foods we have in our diet is detrimental to our bodies. Processed foods have taken much away from what our bodies are designed to do. In particular our digestive tract. The body should work hard at digesting to breakdown food into its smallest elements - the nutrition (proteins, fats etc) and the waste. Processed foods take that work away.

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

Yes. I realized that most of the world is totally insane, evil, psychopathic and completely thick; so now I understand better how to communicate with them (or not).

By *exbecs12Woman 38 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

we decided to move in together the day before the first lockdown started and we are still together... married now."

Belated congratulations on your wedding

By *arbellsWoman 38 weeks ago

Cambridge

It changed my life for the better, much much better!

I lost 7st and found a love for fitness and my health. I went and learnt sports massage and now have a business. I've learnt how resilient I am and I'm able to achieve anything and never to doubt myself. It may take a while but I'll get there. I did work during lockdown as well and that was bloody stressful.

BSE

"It changed my life for the better, much much better!

I lost 7st and found a love for fitness and my health. I went and learnt sports massage and now have a business. I've learnt how resilient I am and I'm able to achieve anything and never to doubt myself. It may take a while but I'll get there. I did work during lockdown as well and that was bloody stressful. "

Well done. Looking good and feeling good

BSE

"Yes. But, less than a month after removing all non animal foods from my diet, my limp of 25yrs went away.

More acutely, all modern illnesses were rare until we started on the low fat, manufactured food route.I know a few people who have pretty much cured long term arthritis and auto immune issues by going totally carnivore. I did it for 3 months and felt amazing also."

3 years and I still feel excellent. When I go off piste, I feel like crap for a few days. Nothing tastes as good as feeling good is.

It's a shame you aren't still Carnivore, but glad your friends have had success as well.

By *adMerWoman 37 weeks ago

Sandwich

At the start of lockdown I was working in a care home, attempting to care for my ungrateful spiteful mother, looking after my nephew alternate weekends so my sister could work and feeling as though I was ungrateful and mean for feeling as though I shouldn’t have to do all of this.

Fast forward to now. I only spend time with the people I truly love. My kids and grandkids, plus a few friends. Oh and I have time to meet a few fab friends.

I have a much easier and better paid job and I am on a path of emotional healing.

Covid hasn’t been great for the world, but it’s changed mine for the better

By *iger4uWoman 37 weeks ago

In my happy place

I bought my house, totally unexpected.

Worked constantly but I got a promotion when it ended.

Discovered I have good ppl in my life and that I am resilient on my own.

So now I earn more, have my own home, and I'm in a relationship that I wasn't looking for.

No weight loss, but I'll be sorting that!

By *ope_kisses22Couple 37 weeks ago

Cheshire

I (mrs) split from my ex and moved into my new home 3 days before lockdown. It gave me time to settle in to the home with my son, make it feel like home and allow time for myself before thinking about to a new relationship.

I now share the house with Mr after having the time and space to work on me.

K

X

By *rikey25Man 37 weeks ago

mids

Got cancer when I was in a new job with just the minimum statutory sick pay and was lucky to be furloughed thank god.

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

Princess, endless vaccinations .. paid for daughters driving lessons and a little car for her.

» Add a new message to this topic