FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid 19 is no longer a global threat.

Covid 19 is no longer a global threat.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 50 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

The decision comes after WHOs international health regulations emergency committee discussed the pandemic on friday.

They said that "for more than a year the pandemic has been on a downward trend".

They also added among other things "so, we fully expect that this virus will continue to transmit, but this is the history of pandemics".

What do you think of the decision? I think that it is the right thing to do, although it could of come alot earlier

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *allySlinkyWoman 50 weeks ago

Leeds

My daughter, who works in a US hospital, was told yesterday she can stop wearing a mask.

"My daughter, who works in a US hospital, was told yesterday she can stop wearing a mask. "
That is good news .

By *ackformore100Man 50 weeks ago

Tin town

"The decision comes after WHOs international health regulations emergency committee discussed the pandemic on friday.

They said that "for more than a year the pandemic has been on a downward trend".

They also added among other things "so, we fully expect that this virus will continue to transmit, but this is the history of pandemics".

What do you think of the decision? I think that it is the right thing to do, although it could of come alot earlier "

On the face of it.. Its good news but why is it good news? What difference does it make whst the who say? I think more and more we get bogged down into caring what others think and tell us. Like any illness... Best avoid spreading it and catching it. Beyond that?

By *estivalMan 50 weeks ago

borehamwood

Think for the majority of people it ended early last year, w h o have just caught up with everyone else

By *lik and PaulCouple 50 weeks ago

Flagrante

Agree with Backformore in that it's not the widespread threat it once was but we should treat it like all such illnesses, be careful not to spread it around. I still kills and has far reaching effects such as with a good friend of mine who now has a permanent disability due to catching Covid this year.

Taking a sensible, caring approach is the best we can do.

By *naswingdressWoman 50 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's certainly interesting given that their previous big announcement was that Covid would cause a crisis in long term care.

It's also interesting that they call for countries to continue to mitigate it - amazing if it's a nothingburger

By *orset.JMan 50 weeks ago

Weymouth

Strange messaging from the WHO- 10 days again they said that 10% of the world’s population would need long term support through the effects of Covid- so that’s just 800 million people !

Now saying Covid is over and also employing Tegnell ( herd immunity proponent which has been debunked)as an advisor- their messaging is very mixed to say the least

By *ophieslutTV/TS 50 weeks ago

Central

It's thankfully been aided along to become less significant by the millions who have given so much. We can be grateful to them and the fortune that it's transitioned to milder variants, compared to earlier on.

Tin town

"Strange messaging from the WHO- 10 days again they said that 10% of the world’s population would need long term support through the effects of Covid- so that’s just 800 million people !

Now saying Covid is over and also employing Tegnell ( herd immunity proponent which has been debunked)as an advisor- their messaging is very mixed to say the least"

Follow the money? Hindsight is 20/20 but not sure the who have done a great job discharging their obligations on this one.

Manchester (she/her)

"Strange messaging from the WHO- 10 days again they said that 10% of the world’s population would need long term support through the effects of Covid- so that’s just 800 million people !

Now saying Covid is over and also employing Tegnell ( herd immunity proponent which has been debunked)as an advisor- their messaging is very mixed to say the least

Follow the money? Hindsight is 20/20 but not sure the who have done a great job discharging their obligations on this one. "

I'm inclined to agree. Vested interests in, say, city centre rentals or businesses not set up for a pandemic, would want it to be over. Power, too - pandemic measures are unpopular and make people unhappy.

There's also precedent for this - it took several years of "it's nothing, it'll disappear, it'll be fine" for the powers that be to acknowledge the enormous threat of HIV.

It's why I don my respirator outside the home. If other people are willing to risk their lives for the mega wealthy and politicians, that's on them. I won't.

By *moothCriminal_xMan 50 weeks ago

Redditch

The most common strain now is highly transmissable but not as dangerous. That said, you wouldn't knowingly go into an old peoples home with flu. Be sensible.

By *ugby 123Couple 50 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65499929

But he warned the removal of the highest level of alert did not mean the danger was over and said the emergency status could be reinstated if the situation changed.

"The worst thing any country can do now is to use this news as a reason to let down its guard, to dismantle the systems it has built, or to send the message to its people that Covid-19 is nothing to worry about," he said.

By *hironMan 50 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

General consensus is covid is in the endemic phase and is likely to be with us forever and coexist with us just like influenza and the common cold.

The WHO making such statements will bring calm to the many regions where much of the population are still frightened to death of the virus.

What is worrying, are the powers the WHO are trying to gain to centralise control and response on a global scale should the world be hit with another pandemic.

Governments across the world are soon to debate whether their countries will sign up the WHO request. If their requests are granted, we are in the shit big time.

The WHO is a private organisation, its members are not elected by governments and the public they serve.

Members of the WHO AND THEIR FAMILIES will be given diplomatic immunity and cannot be held accountable for any mistakes they make.

The members of the WHO are in the pockets of big pharma, Bill and Melinda Gates et al. The conflict of interest is massive.

If their powers are granted, the WHO will control the response of anything they deem a threat and their response will override any laws of countries signed up. They will be able to take control of the people, industry, police, information, vaccines/remedies, health systems etc...

They are posturing for these powers, because something else is coming, they need calm before the next storm.

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man 50 weeks ago

DUBLIN

It was only ever an emergency because the WHO said it was. Officially 6.8M deaths from Covid. In the same 3 year period HIV and TB deaths combined reached 6.5M...I base this on WHO's own stats of 2.5M per year for combined HIV and TB deaths. Yet we have no lockdown or vacines for TB or HIV. So much of the narrative was designed to instill fear to get vaccinated. The Leaked Tory WhatsApp messages clearly show this. Personally I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion and the risks were towards elderly or folks with conditions, which was always the case before Covid.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65499929

But he warned the removal of the highest level of alert did not mean the danger was over and said the emergency status could be reinstated if the situation changed.

"The worst thing any country can do now is to use this news as a reason to let down its guard, to dismantle the systems it has built, or to send the message to its people that Covid-19 is nothing to worry about," he said."

They also said in their announcment that does not mean COVID-19 is over as a global health threat and that there are still 3 deaths a minute and millions more continue to live with the debilitating effects of post-#COVID19 condition while thousands of people around the world are fighting for their lives in intensive care units"

It seems mixed messaging to me but it will please the people who boohoo anyone who is still being careful in their day to day life and trying to avoid it.

Disclaimer, being careful to try and avoid does not equal hiding behind a sofa and never going out. There is a middle ground and lots inbetween

By *adCherriesCouple 50 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

"It was only ever an emergency because the WHO said it was. Officially 6.8M deaths from Covid. In the same 3 year period HIV and TB deaths combined reached 6.5M...I base this on WHO's own stats of 2.5M per year for combined HIV and TB deaths. Yet we have no lockdown or vacines for TB or HIV. So much of the narrative was designed to instill fear to get vaccinated. The Leaked Tory WhatsApp messages clearly show this. Personally I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion and the risks were towards elderly or folks with conditions, which was always the case before Covid."

I dont even know were to start with this.

How are they comparable? Hiv being a STI and TB being a bacterial infection? Covid is a virus- if you can't understand the difference Google is your friend.

HIV isn't caught be coughing/sneezing and there is treatment- plus you don't die straightaway from contracting it, many people now leave long normal lives.

TB has a vaccination called BCG. Prior to that lots of people were vaccinated before 2005 before they stopped it due infection rates being low.

Manchester (she/her)

"It was only ever an emergency because the WHO said it was. Officially 6.8M deaths from Covid. In the same 3 year period HIV and TB deaths combined reached 6.5M...I base this on WHO's own stats of 2.5M per year for combined HIV and TB deaths. Yet we have no lockdown or vacines for TB or HIV. So much of the narrative was designed to instill fear to get vaccinated. The Leaked Tory WhatsApp messages clearly show this. Personally I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion and the risks were towards elderly or folks with conditions, which was always the case before Covid."

This will age like fine milk

By *orset.JMan 50 weeks ago

Weymouth

"It was only ever an emergency because the WHO said it was. Officially 6.8M deaths from Covid. In the same 3 year period HIV and TB deaths combined reached 6.5M...I base this on WHO's own stats of 2.5M per year for combined HIV and TB deaths. Yet we have no lockdown or vacines for TB or HIV. So much of the narrative was designed to instill fear to get vaccinated. The Leaked Tory WhatsApp messages clearly show this. Personally I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion and the risks were towards elderly or folks with conditions, which was always the case before Covid.

How are they comparable? Hiv being a STI and TB being a bacterial infection? Covid is a virus- if you can't understand the difference Google is your friend.

HIV isn't caught be coughing/sneezing and there is treatment- plus you don't die straightaway from contracting it, many people now leave long normal lives.

TB has a vaccination called BCG. Prior to that lots of people were vaccinated before 2005 before they stopped it due infection rates being low.

"

The main question is can we afford absorb the effect of 800 million world wide getting Long Covid, I think not .

Manchester (she/her)

"It was only ever an emergency because the WHO said it was. Officially 6.8M deaths from Covid. In the same 3 year period HIV and TB deaths combined reached 6.5M...I base this on WHO's own stats of 2.5M per year for combined HIV and TB deaths. Yet we have no lockdown or vacines for TB or HIV. So much of the narrative was designed to instill fear to get vaccinated. The Leaked Tory WhatsApp messages clearly show this. Personally I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion and the risks were towards elderly or folks with conditions, which was always the case before Covid.

The main question is can we afford absorb the effect of 800 million world wide getting Long Covid, I think not ."

And that's even if we exclude all the other stuff, like the decimation of immune cells (both the group whose loss causes HIV to become AIDS and the one that holds off cancer), the Parkinson's biomarkers, the cardiac damage even after asymptomatic infection, etc. Or the ongoing strain on global healthcare systems by those who continue to need higher levels of care in the acute and subsequent phases

By *hironMan 50 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

"The main question is can we afford absorb the effect of 800 million world wide getting Long Covid, I think not ."

I don't think we'll ever see anywhere near 800 million people suffering with long COVID, but i get your point.

We can and do afford the effects to the hundred million or so with prolonged illness or that die through diseases per year. Those numbers are replaced almost equally in births every year. So there will always be enough people in the world to tax or charge privately to keep the coffers topped up.

All figures combined for everything, its only about 1-2% of the global population..and i'm not saying "its only..." as if those lives don't matter, its just fact and I will count in the mortality statistics in 5 years maybe due to my disease.

COVID has shown that illness is a very lucrative business for some. To provide a cure for all illnesses isn't really in the interests of pharmaceutical companies. COVID vaccines were a huge cash cow and there will be other viruses and diseases which will keep the profits rolling in for those firms as time goes on.

Our NHS will eventually be privatised and those that can't afford healthcare will be counted in the mortality stats, but they will hardly add any significant numbers to the global total.

For me, as my disease is rare, there's barely any research in it and there won't be any cure in my lifetime because there's no money it.

By *teph BitchTV/TS 50 weeks ago

Manchester

The people of the UK werent social distancing for the Coronation and now the PM is having a party. All those people who got fined before for COVID should get refunds

Manchester (she/her)

"The people of the UK werent social distancing for the Coronation and now the PM is having a party. All those people who got fined before for COVID should get refunds"

I'm not sure that's how anything works.

"Think for the majority of people it ended early last year, w h o have just caught up with everyone else"
Yes, it ended about that time too

Tin town

"The people of the UK werent social distancing for the Coronation and now the PM is having a party. All those people who got fined before for COVID should get refunds"

Errr

Why?

By *ohn KanakaMan 50 weeks ago

Not all that North of North London

That makes no sense?

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 50 weeks ago

Reading

Have you traveled back in time?

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman 50 weeks ago

Happy Town;-)

It never was a threat, first lockdown it was no 42 in the virus list

By *adCherriesCouple 50 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

"It never was a threat, first lockdown it was no 42 in the virus list "

Never was a threat? Blimey better tell all those people who died... they are going to feel really silly.

By *I TwoCouple 50 weeks ago

Cookstown

Who told you that ?

Manchester (she/her)

"It never was a threat, first lockdown it was no 42 in the virus list

Never was a threat? Blimey better tell all those people who died... they are going to feel really silly. "

Last I checked it's still the third leading cause of death in most wealthy countries. For "not a threat", that seems significant.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Did you hibernate for a while?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Think for the majority of people it ended early last year, w h o have just caught up with everyone elseYes, it ended about that time too

"

It hasn't ended and does say so on the WHO announcement.

Tin town

Dont be silly.

Tin town

"The people of the UK werent social distancing for the Coronation and now the PM is having a party. All those people who got fined before for COVID should get refunds

Did you hibernate for a while? "

Yes id like a refund for not listening to or watching or reading the news please.

By *ch WellMan 50 weeks ago

Scotland

"My daughter, who works in a US hospital, was told yesterday she can stop wearing a mask. "

I work in a Scottish hospital. Fully expect to be wearing a mask forever more

Scotland

Tell that to the people I helplessly watched die horrible lonely deaths on the COVID wards I worked on for months.

I actually don't know what brains you tinfoil hat wearers thought you were protecting.

[Removed by poster at 07/05/23 22:47:34]

"Think for the majority of people it ended early last year, w h o have just caught up with everyone elseYes, it ended about that time too

It hasn't ended and does say so on the WHO announcement. "

Why would then all the newspapers quoting from the meeting that who had, that it have done that?

Manchester (she/her)

It hasn't ended and does say so on the WHO announcement. Why would then all the newspapers quoting from the meeting that who had, that it have done that?"

Because most people only read the headline and some journalists are no different.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It hasn't ended and does say so on the WHO announcement. Why would then all the newspapers quoting from the meeting that who had, that it have done that?"

The WHO announced ( real quote follows )

"It is therefore with great hope that I declare #COVID19 over as a global health emergency. However, that does not mean COVID-19 is over as a global health threat."

The threat is still there, the links are all over the net if you don't want to read the one I pasted and the quote above is from the WHO's twitter account

By *en4menMan 50 weeks ago

Dungarvan

I'm nurse in hospital.. I saw the works,I seen bodies, I saw fear from colleges, I wouldn't want see that again. I saw a work mate go home and give it to her parents and both of them died.. people that play this down are thick.

By *entlemanrogueMan 50 weeks ago

Motherwell

I feel.it was always overhyped, right from the beginning

Flagrante

Does anyone else get PMs from the conspiracy clan when you comment on these threads. The messages are becoming even more bizarre but wondering if it's just us.

Motherwell

"Does anyone else get PMs from the conspiracy clan when you comment on these threads. The messages are becoming even more bizarre but wondering if it's just us."

Occasionally i get random messages

Tin town

"Does anyone else get PMs from the conspiracy clan when you comment on these threads. The messages are becoming even more bizarre but wondering if it's just us."

Yes and yes they gey progressively nonsensical...

Leeds

"Does anyone else get PMs from the conspiracy clan when you comment on these threads. The messages are becoming even more bizarre but wondering if it's just us.

Yes and yes they gey progressively nonsensical... "

They must have a lot of spare time on their hands

Tin town

"Does anyone else get PMs from the conspiracy clan when you comment on these threads. The messages are becoming even more bizarre but wondering if it's just us.

Yes and yes they gey progressively nonsensical... "

Oops... *get. Don't want to cast aspersions.

By *esthetic21Man 50 weeks ago

west midlands

Lol

west midlands

I bet some people are devastated at this new

west midlands

it's because you try to.push your views on others and then ridicule them if they disagree

west midlands

My opinion is this. Covid is a just another corona virus that have been around for years nothing to worry about. The vaccine was just a massive money making scam it wasnt to hurt anyone to put chips in their arms ect everytime someone got jabbed someone got paid. It was all about money like literally everything in this shit world

Flagrante

"Does anyone else get PMs from the conspiracy clan when you comment on these threads. The messages are becoming even more bizarre but wondering if it's just us.it's because you try to.push your views on others and then ridicule them if they disagree"

I've never pushed my views on any subject on anyone...the messages we are receiving though are pushing their views(or the views of their leaders) on us. Apparently Fab is owned by the organisation that created the covid plan...thats one of this mornings messages...it just gets sillier.

Leeds

it's because you try to.push your views on others and then ridicule them if they disagree"

I merely stated a fact that the US hospital my daughter works in has just told her she can stop wearing a mask. That is no way me trying to push my views on anyone.

Scotland

"My opinion is this. Covid is a just another corona virus that have been around for years nothing to worry about. The vaccine was just a massive money making scam it wasnt to hurt anyone to put chips in their arms ect everytime someone got jabbed someone got paid. It was all about money like literally everything in this shit world"

You are of course entitled to your view however there are many experts around the world who are better qualified than a random poster on a sex site saying you are wrong.

Manchester (she/her)

it's because you try to.push your views on others and then ridicule them if they disagree

I merely stated a fact that the US hospital my daughter works in has just told her she can stop wearing a mask. That is no way me trying to push my views on anyone. "

I think some people are threatened by anything that's vaguely sensible discussion, even if it's just bland facts, and they respond with this sort of nonsense.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm nurse in hospital.. I saw the works,I seen bodies, I saw fear from colleges, I wouldn't want see that again. I saw a work mate go home and give it to her parents and both of them died.. people that play this down are thick."

Thank you for playing your part.

Motherwell

"I'm nurse in hospital.. I saw the works,I seen bodies, I saw fear from colleges, I wouldn't want see that again. I saw a work mate go home and give it to her parents and both of them died.. people that play this down are thick."

I am not saying people didnt die from Covid, just that they claimed it was far deadlier than it turned out to be.

Scotland

[Removed by poster at 08/05/23 10:28:16]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok peoples profiles shouldn't be discussed nor should we get personal about posters.( posts removed )

To the OP, it might be best to post a headline to the thread in context or the full headline otherwise when it is only half we only get half the picture.

For anyone who wants to know the full story please look on the WHO website or the many News links that are reporting the same thing but it is best to read the whole article rather than just the headline to get the full picture.

Might be time to close