FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Dr John Campbell

Dr John Campbell

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arry Lickit OP   Man 46 weeks ago

Wales

Dr John Campbell uses government released facts and data contrary to what people say on here, he even had two of the 1st COVID jabs himself until data started to be realeased.

This is what I've been told by someone who feels concerned about the vaccines. I did some googling on him but not had time to watch him on YouTube yet.

Is anyone familiar with Dr John Campbell?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 46 weeks ago

Reading

He's a retired Nurse educator and a still employed nutjob.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 46 weeks ago

North West

I find it disturbing that he has or had an involvement in nurse education or anything to do with the health service. Or education.

By *ackformore100Man 46 weeks ago

Tin town

"Dr John Campbell uses government released facts and data contrary to what people say on here, he even had two of the 1st COVID jabs himself until data started to be realeased.

This is what I've been told by someone who feels concerned about the vaccines. I did some googling on him but not had time to watch him on YouTube yet.

"

The wichita lineman?

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 46 weeks ago

Watford

He uses clear data and facts in his videos. Everything that he says is backed up by available data.

He is doing us a great service and he is beginning to uncover lies and deceit.

We were played. YouTube have been censoring him for providing facts.

By *ad NannaWoman 46 weeks ago

East London

How much income has he generated for himself in the last few years?

East London

"He uses clear data and facts in his videos. Everything that he says is backed up by available data.

We were played. YouTube have been censoring him for providing facts."

You're still being played.

East London

"Dr John Campbell uses government released facts and data contrary to what people say on here, he even had two of the 1st COVID jabs himself until data started to be realeased.

"

Watch his YouTube channel, he's probably in need of the views to keep his revenue up.

By *naswingdressWoman 46 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah, I watched him at the beginning of the pandemic. I think he discovered that extremism pays, although I got off the wagon long before that because of his sloppy reasoning.

He's got a PhD in digital education in nursing, so is pretty well equipped to massage his message appropriately. (The "doctor" so people think he's a medical doctor is cute, too)

By *uyForeLadiesMan 46 weeks ago

Grantham

I found his YouTube channel whilst researching my own Vitamin D deficiency. Not watched any of his COVID related stuff, but I found plenty of citations to other people's research that I've followed up on.

By *aekaeWoman 46 weeks ago

Between a cock and a soft place

"

I haven't purchased his snake oil.

Don't be fooled by the "Dr" title.

By *eeliciouschaosWoman 46 weeks ago

Wherever

An opportunist, and a sneaky one.

By *lym4realCouple 46 weeks ago

plymouth

Love the "You're/we've been played " by people who then go on to mention some person on youtube who earns cash off them ?? and quite abit of cash if you get famous enough ?? like that Dr who spread the autism bollocks ...xx

Manchester (she/her)

"Love the "You're/we've been played " by people who then go on to mention some person on youtube who earns cash off them ?? and quite abit of cash if you get famous enough ?? like that Dr who spread the autism bollocks ...xx "

Apparently Ivermectin - which Campbell at least used to promote - is now a magical cure for autism in some circles.

The magical drug that cures everything and *they* don't want you to know - it's the sure sign of a snake oil salesman.

Tin town

"Love the "You're/we've been played " by people who then go on to mention some person on youtube who earns cash off them ?? and quite abit of cash if you get famous enough ?? like that Dr who spread the autism bollocks ...xx

Apparently Ivermectin - which Campbell at least used to promote - is now a magical cure for autism in some circles.

The magical drug that cures everything and *they* don't want you to know - it's the sure sign of a snake oil salesman."

Follow the money

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 46 weeks ago

North West

The wichita lineman? "

"I hear you singing in the wire

I can hear you through the whine"

Glen Campbell, and fuck that comment made me laugh.

Manchester (she/her)

"Love the "You're/we've been played " by people who then go on to mention some person on youtube who earns cash off them ?? and quite abit of cash if you get famous enough ?? like that Dr who spread the autism bollocks ...xx

The magical drug that cures everything and *they* don't want you to know - it's the sure sign of a snake oil salesman.

Follow the money"

The Ivermectin scam has been wild.

And increasingly Covid antivax advocates (public figures) are using the tactics of Wakefield/McCarthy antivax advocates. Funny that.

(Failing that, "Covid is over no one cares", often replying to people whose job was viruses etc before the pandemic. Why do people go into spaces where people talk about viruses and tell them to stop? It baffles me. Do they also tell people to stfu about the Persian Wars because Greece was occupied in the second world war or something?)

By *hagTonightMan 46 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 10/05/23 10:59:16]

By *hagTonightMan 46 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I like him and I also watch him, he have gone through along journey, as of when covid started and now he is sceptic against it. I also like his interviews that he have, like with andrew bridgen to name few of them

By *ough75Man 46 weeks ago

edinburgh/bakewell/derby

Wirth remembering his Phd isnt in medicine it’s in digital media

By *atisfy janeWoman 46 weeks ago

Torquay

The gullible will lap up his message, he's simply just a tiny part of the Billions of £€$ that individuals of all persuasions have made out of this affair.

By *ough75Man 46 weeks ago

edinburgh/bakewell/derby

"The gullible will lap up his message, he's simply just a tiny part of the Billions of £€$ that individuals of all persuasions have made out of this affair."

Spot on with that statement

By *eFCUKaLotCouple 46 weeks ago

somewhere close

Oh I love a tittle tattle debate. Let me grab my popcorn. OK got it now, carry on.

By *lik and PaulCouple 46 weeks ago

Flagrante

"How much income has he generated for himself in the last few years?"

You tube publish month by month earnings so from you tube alone he's picked up just under $60,000 since January this year but you can look back a lot further.

By *irty_DeedsMan 46 weeks ago

Teesside

Prob less than the tory party with its big brown envelopes for ppe contracts, the nightingale contracts and its track and trace apps.

By *lik and PaulCouple 46 weeks ago

Flagrante

Total net worth looks to be in the region of $16.5 million.

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

"

Yes ive listened to him from the start of the covid hoax. He was pushing the vaccine at first even had 2 jabs himself. He now sees it for what it was a HOAX. ALL the data he shares is government data. So for anybody t9 say hes full 9f shit is cleaely a lost soul. The excess deaths the vaccinated countires are now experiancing.......... wake up and smell the bullshit.

Teesside

"Total net worth looks to be in the region of $16.5 million."
Good for him. If our elected government officials can profit off a pandemic then why can't a private citizen. I don't care if he's selling the snakiest of snake oil.

By *lym4realCouple 46 weeks ago

plymouth

Funny old world isn't it and 7 thousand excess deaths last year not down to covid vaccines but people failing or not getting treatment for DIABETES !!?? so Why don't you lot get your knickers in a twist about that and get upset about that ?? or the millions who DIE every years down to air pollution ffs xxx

Torquay

Yes ive listened to him from the start of the covid hoax. He was pushing the vaccine at first even had 2 jabs himself. He now sees it for what it was a HOAX. ALL the data he shares is government data. So for anybody t9 say hes full 9f shit is cleaely a lost soul. The excess deaths the vaccinated countires are now experiancing.......... wake up and smell the bullshit."

Have to ask.... Exactly how was Covid a HOAX?

No-one actually died then?

Tin town

"How much income has he generated for himself in the last few years?Prob less than the tory party with its big brown envelopes for ppe contracts, the nightingale contracts and its track and trace apps."

Thats ok then

Tin town

" Funny old world isn't it and 7 thousand excess deaths last year not down to covid vaccines but people failing or not getting treatment for DIABETES !!?? so Why don't you lot get your knickers in a twist about that and get upset about that ?? or the millions who DIE every years down to air pollution ffs xxx "

Best post so far

North West

Yes ive listened to him from the start of the covid hoax. He was pushing the vaccine at first even had 2 jabs himself. He now sees it for what it was a HOAX. ALL the data he shares is government data. So for anybody t9 say hes full 9f shit is cleaely a lost soul. The excess deaths the vaccinated countires are now experiancing.......... wake up and smell the bullshit."

Does that mean my Grandad isn't dead then, if it was a hoax?

By *ools and the brainCouple 46 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"

Yawnnnnn

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If he got it right when absolutely everyone else got it wrong I’d happily give him a Nobel prize tomorrow… but until then he is a certified nutjob who prays on the gullible

Manchester (she/her)

"If he got it right when absolutely everyone else got it wrong I’d happily give him a Nobel prize tomorrow… but until then he is a certified nutjob who prays on the gullible "

I think opportunist. Nutjob implies lack of culpability.

By *I TwoCouple 46 weeks ago

Always travelling

Ah but he doesn't "share" data

He uses his media skills to present manipulated data and unfortunately his band of followers aren't clever enough to interrogate his "data"

He's very good at what he does, most con artists are.

North West

Please keep it to the forums, dear Fabbers. If one wishes to suggest conspiracy theories about midazolam or anything else, please do it here for everyone to comment upon

Manchester (she/her)

Yes ive listened to him from the start of the covid hoax. He was pushing the vaccine at first even had 2 jabs himself. He now sees it for what it was a HOAX. ALL the data he shares is government data. So for anybody t9 say hes full 9f shit is cleaely a lost soul. The excess deaths the vaccinated countires are now experiancing.......... wake up and smell the bullshit.

He uses his media skills to present manipulated data and unfortunately his band of followers aren't clever enough to interrogate his "data"

He's very good at what he does, most con artists are."

When I stopped watching him, his data was legit, but his interpretation was dodgy as fuck. I gather it's gotten much worse than that since then.

By *AFKA HovisMan 46 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

When I stopped watching him, his data was legit, but his interpretation was dodgy as fuck. I gather it's gotten much worse than that since then."

he is where lies, damned lies and statistics come from.

I've not yet seen him or his supporters refute others critiques of his interpretation. Given I've also saw his explanations as shaky, I have no conviction in his interpretation of data.

Always travelling

When I stopped watching him, his data was legit, but his interpretation was dodgy as fuck. I gather it's gotten much worse than that since then."

I watched one of his fairly recent videos slagging off Pfizer

He went through a Pfizer document underlining words very quickly, the words he underlined were used to support his argument that the vaccine was dangerous and Pfizer admitted this in their own documents but the problem was that the viewer didn't get a chance to read the context of the words and short phrases he underlined but some of us are capable of downloading the document he used and reading it in its entirety bears no resemblance to the crap he was peddling.

Teesside

"How much income has he generated for himself in the last few years?Prob less than the tory party with its big brown envelopes for ppe contracts, the nightingale contracts and its track and trace apps.

Thats ok then"

If it's good for our elected leaders. Yknow, lead by example. Wish I'd had the wherewithal to get in on the cashcow

It amuses me that people have such hatred for 1 guy with a youtube channel who they think is a conman yet will justify the actions of those whose duty it was to make the right decisions for the nation "they had hard decisions to make".

Where is the hatred and vitriol for those leaders making a quick buck on the backs of decisions that killed people's relatives?

It's selective outrage so people feel better about themselves.

Tin town

"How much income has he generated for himself in the last few years?Prob less than the tory party with its big brown envelopes for ppe contracts, the nightingale contracts and its track and trace apps.

Thats ok thenIf it's good for our elected leaders. Yknow, lead by example. Wish I'd had the wherewithal to get in on the cashcow

It amuses me that people have such hatred for 1 guy with a youtube channel who they think is a conman yet will justify the actions of those whose duty it was to make the right decisions for the nation "they had hard decisions to make".

Where is the hatred and vitriol for those leaders making a quick buck on the backs of decisions that killed people's relatives?

It's selective outrage so people feel better about themselves."

Very true. But still... As my nan taught me. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Manchester (she/her)

When I stopped watching him, his data was legit, but his interpretation was dodgy as fuck. I gather it's gotten much worse than that since then.

I watched one of his fairly recent videos slagging off Pfizer

He went through a Pfizer document underlining words very quickly, the words he underlined were used to support his argument that the vaccine was dangerous and Pfizer admitted this in their own documents but the problem was that the viewer didn't get a chance to read the context of the words and short phrases he underlined but some of us are capable of downloading the document he used and reading it in its entirety bears no resemblance to the crap he was peddling.

"

Yeah, he's gotten worse. When I stopped watching I could see the data he was relying on. He was just... going off on one after that.

Teesside

Thats ok thenIf it's good for our elected leaders. Yknow, lead by example. Wish I'd had the wherewithal to get in on the cashcow

Very true. But still... As my nan taught me. Two wrongs don't make a right. "

Well I'll start calling him wrong when I see those who fleeced taxpayer money brought to justice. Don't hold your breath though, it could be awhile.

Tin town

Very true. But still... As my nan taught me. Two wrongs don't make a right. Well I'll start calling him wrong when I see those who fleeced taxpayer money brought to justice. Don't hold your breath though, it could be awhile."

Not really following your logic but perhaps there is none. Tory politicians do some dodgy shit... Is a ticket for anyone to do dodgy shit?

Teesside

Very true. But still... As my nan taught me. Two wrongs don't make a right. Well I'll start calling him wrong when I see those who fleeced taxpayer money brought to justice. Don't hold your breath though, it could be awhile.

Not really following your logic but perhaps there is none. Tory politicians do some dodgy shit... Is a ticket for anyone to do dodgy shit? "

Yes, if our elected officials can make money ripping off taxpayers to the detriment of public health why is it any different for a youtuber?

Are we seriously holding one man on a public forum who holds no power in comparison to a higher standard than we held the fuckwits who actively made decisions that killed a lot of people? Most in the name of lining their own pockets. Yet some in here will no doubt decry him whilst still voting tory.

He's doing the exact same thing on a smaller scale

By *uliette500Woman 46 weeks ago

Hull

My dad, who was into statistics always told me if you know how to manipulate the data you can prove or disprove anything you want.

I don't believe a thing that guy says. He has no medical training but uses his Dr title to make himself sound good.

He plays with figures to suit his own agenda and the amount he is getting in income from YouTube it's obviously working.

East London

Very true. But still... As my nan taught me. Two wrongs don't make a right. Well I'll start calling him wrong when I see those who fleeced taxpayer money brought to justice. Don't hold your breath though, it could be awhile.

Not really following your logic but perhaps there is none. Tory politicians do some dodgy shit... Is a ticket for anyone to do dodgy shit? Yes, if our elected officials can make money ripping off taxpayers to the detriment of public health why is it any different for a youtuber?

Are we seriously holding one man on a public forum who holds no power in comparison to a higher standard than we held the fuckwits who actively made decisions that killed a lot of people? Most in the name of lining their own pockets. Yet some in here will no doubt decry him whilst still voting tory.

He's doing the exact same thing on a smaller scale"

Well, he's using Government based facts so maybe they're in on it together.

North West

Not really following your logic but perhaps there is none. Tory politicians do some dodgy shit... Is a ticket for anyone to do dodgy shit? Yes, if our elected officials can make money ripping off taxpayers to the detriment of public health why is it any different for a youtuber?

Well, he's using Government based facts so maybe they're in on it together.

"

He's taking Govt collated data (as well as other information not from Govt) and putting his own spin on it. When's a spade not a spade? When someone calls it a shovel.

You can spin things all sorts of ways if you try hard enough.

And he's not a medical doctor.

Always travelling

This post is about Campbell if you want to see the distaste for politicians scroll down to politics and fill your boots

, theres no shortage of hatred lol

Teesside

This post is about Campbell if you want to see the distaste for politicians scroll down to politics and fill your boots

, theres no shortage of hatred lol"

No need, I've saw their actions defended in multiple threads in the virus forum. I hope Campbell makes himself a lot of money pedalling whatever is his agenda.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 46 weeks ago

Middle England

"My dad, who was into statistics always told me if you know how to manipulate the data you can prove or disprove anything you want.

I don't believe a thing that guy says. He has no medical training but uses his Dr title to make himself sound good.

He plays with figures to suit his own agenda and the amount he is getting in income from YouTube it's obviously working. "

This is one man's, self proclaimed expert, interpretation of the data. Ask 100 other people and you'll get 100 different answers.

He's done well out of it. I only wish I was a YouTuber! But as the saying goes; "you pay your money and you take your choice".

By *csheffMan 46 weeks ago

Sheffield

" Funny old world isn't it and 7 thousand excess deaths last year not down to covid vaccines but people failing or not getting treatment for DIABETES !!?? so Why don't you lot get your knickers in a twist about that and get upset about that ?? or the millions who DIE every years down to air pollution ffs xxx "

In the last 6 months of 2022 there 35,000 excess deaths not due to covid

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 46 weeks ago

Durham

" Funny old world isn't it and 7 thousand excess deaths last year not down to covid vaccines but people failing or not getting treatment for DIABETES !!?? so Why don't you lot get your knickers in a twist about that and get upset about that ?? or the millions who DIE every years down to air pollution ffs xxx

In the last 6 months of 2022 there 35,000 excess deaths not due to covid"

In total in 2022 there were 41891 excess deaths. There were 39107 covid deaths so no idea where you are getting your numbers from. There were 61663 excess deaths in 2021, 82399 covid deaths. 88951 excess 94988 civid deaths in 2020. So far in 2023 16335 excess and 9368 covid deaths.

By * and M 2Couple 46 weeks ago

joyville

If

The wichita lineman? "

. If had if been called Glenn.

Always travelling

" Funny old world isn't it and 7 thousand excess deaths last year not down to covid vaccines but people failing or not getting treatment for DIABETES !!?? so Why don't you lot get your knickers in a twist about that and get upset about that ?? or the millions who DIE every years down to air pollution ffs xxx

In the last 6 months of 2022 there 35,000 excess deaths not due to covid

In total in 2022 there were 41891 excess deaths. There were 39107 covid deaths so no idea where you are getting your numbers from. There were 61663 excess deaths in 2021, 82399 covid deaths. 88951 excess 94988 civid deaths in 2020. So far in 2023 16335 excess and 9368 covid deaths."

Probably the wise Dr on YouTube has put his spin on the numbers

Middle England

Did we not have excess deaths before COVID? If there any correlation between these periods ie before COVID was identified and afterwards?

His video doesn't really say anything of note really. Did we report or comment in the main steam media on excess deaths in the 5yr period before COVID or at anytime?

Nothing to see here.

East London

Wait to see what he moves onto once people get bored of his Covid related videos.

By *ash0000Man 46 weeks ago

Mid Cornwall

"Wait to see what he moves onto once people get bored of his Covid related videos.

"

The Reptilian Elite

By *eFCUKaLotCouple 46 weeks ago

somewhere close

Oh that reminds me, I’ve got to watch his latest video

By *arry Lickit OP   Man 46 weeks ago

Wales

Hmm well..

From my limited knowledge of the man, it seems he isn't against people being vaccinated.. he's making people aware of any potential risks.

He states true facts, but it seems somewhere along the line things get twisted.

By *mp411Man 46 weeks ago

chester

Oh there’s one major difference between a YouTuber and any of the treasonous politicians the YouTuber must present actual data and can offer opinions but any politician can,does and will continue to make shit up to suit their narrative while controlling the media to push their narrative and including YouTube….so like it or not if “dr john” was using corrupt data YouTube would delete his channel…..shame we can’t delete all the lying politicians

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

His early videos on anatomy from 15 years-ish years back have as little as 2k views.

His covid skepticism ones are getting a million views, sometimes more, sometimes slightly less.

There's around £10 to be made on youtube per thousand views, if your content is monetized. His is, the ads come up before he does.

He's found his audience & his business model.

So I imagine he'll keep telling them what they want to hear..

By *otMe66Man 46 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Nobody will ever know if a vaccine prevented their death or lessened the impact of Covid when they caught it.

We now know that the vaccines did not prevent the spread of Covid, we also don’t know where it originated.

All of which allows people to speculate and reason, which is healthy and provides challenge, close down the challenge and you do as you’re told.

By *andS66Couple 46 weeks ago

Derby

Not anywhere near as much as Pfizer, AstraZenica, et al...nor all the businesses and individuals selling covid ppe, track and trace, etc.

Middle England

"We now know that the vaccines did not prevent the spread of Covid"

The vaccine was never intended to stop the spread of Covid. So at least that was a lesson learned.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 46 weeks ago

Central

This man has been thoroughly debunked each time, on the many very similar forum topics opened about him.

Terra Firma

"We now know that the vaccines did not prevent the spread of Covid

The vaccine was never intended to stop the spread of Covid. So at least that was a lesson learned."

The narrative and push to get people vaccinated was to take the vaccine to stop the spread of the virus, we now know that was not true.

North West

The vaccine was never intended to stop the spread of Covid. So at least that was a lesson learned.

The narrative and push to get people vaccinated was to take the vaccine to stop the spread of the virus, we now know that was not true.

"

No, it wasn't. It was clearly stated at the time that the intention was to reduce the burden of severe disease and try to stop healthcare services being overrun. It was made clear that transmission was still possible in vaccinated people.

Terra Firma

No, it wasn't. It was clearly stated at the time that the intention was to reduce the burden of severe disease and try to stop healthcare services being overrun. It was made clear that transmission was still possible in vaccinated people.

"

No it wasn't

North West

No it wasn't"

Okay

Middle England

No it wasn't"

You must have been watching other YouTube channels.

Terra Firma

No it wasn't

You must have been watching other YouTube channels."

Rude!

Read the BMJ reports on preventative transmission, read what politicians were saying and eventually it becomes clear the message was take the vaccine and you wont transmit, to less likely to transmit and finally it does not stop transmission.

What has surprised me is the instant attack on my views as though I'm anti vaccine.

Teesside

"

I was sent a link a few months back of media all over the world using phrases like "get your jab and save granny" and "get your jab and the virus stops with you" The latter being uttered by both Fauci and Hancock. So yes, the vaccine was definitely marketed as stopping transmission. It's the only reason a lot of people, including myself bothered and why I stopped at 2.

North West

I was sent a link a few months back of media all over the world using phrases like "get your jab and save granny" and "get your jab and the virus stops with you" The latter being uttered by both Fauci and Hancock. So yes, the vaccine was definitely marketed as stopping transmission. It's the only reason a lot of people, including myself bothered and why I stopped at 2."

Quote from the Pfizer CEO from December 2020, just as the UK approved the vaccine for the first time:

"Bourla said it's still unknown whether people who've been vaccinated could still be carriers of the virus, able to transmit it to others.

"I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now," he said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/3-vaccine-executives-say-after-approval-distribution-will-be-main-n1249928

Vaccines did have a measurable impact on the transmission of the early COVID variant Alpha, which is the strain used in all the vaccine trials and to formulate a vaccines. Later variants were many times more transmissible and so it follows that these variants remained more transmissible even with vaccination.

Almost no vaccine on the market for any disease provides full, sterilising immunity. Almost all vaccines can have breakthrough disease occur (this varies widely depending on the organism being targeted with vaccination).

I was a vaccinator and at no point did we share any information that claimed transmission could not occur after vaccination.

From the Pfizer vaccine patient information leaflet:

"1. What COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 is and what it is used for

COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 is a vaccine used for active immunisation to prevent COVID19 disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 virus.

COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 is given to adults and adolescents from 12 years.

The vaccine triggers the body’s natural production of antibodies and stimulates immune cells to protect against COVID-19 disease."

It clearly says for active immunisation to prevent disease by SARS-CoV-2. It does not say to prevent transmission from person to person.

North West

Also the Govt (including Hand-on-cock) clearly stated "reduced transmission", not "prevented any transmission"

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/one-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-can-cut-household-transmission-by-up-to-half

The Govt got a lot of things wrong (some understandably, some ridiculously), and yes, many of the main players behaved terribly (BoZo, Hancock, Cummings et.al) but on the issue of transmission, it was never claimed that vaccines would stop it completely. Only reduce it. Which has been evidenced by various studies that took place after the initial trials.

Teesside

Yet they did nothing to stop the spread of the misinformation that getting a jab stopped you infecting others.

Add to the fact that Hancock said he wanted to "scare the pants" off the public, it's clear they didn't want to stop the media making those claims.

He was likely sat counting the money from his fat envelope, recently slid under the table from pfizer while he sent those WhatsApp messages.

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man 46 weeks ago

DUBLIN

There are a lot of folks you write him off as a crank and as unqualified.A conspiracy theorist, an anti vaxer. To me that's just narrow thinking. I always found his videos interesting and very fact based in their presentation. We now know so much more than we did and a lot of his stuff from two years ago was very accurate. There's still a lot who bought 100% into the Covid narrative and many others who didn't. Whose is to say which choice was correct.

Teesside

No it wasn't

Rude!

Read the BMJ reports on preventative transmission, read what politicians were saying and eventually it becomes clear the message was take the vaccine and you wont transmit, to less likely to transmit and finally it does not stop transmission.

What has surprised me is the instant attack on my views as though I'm anti vaccine."

That's how this particular forum works and has done since early on in the pandemic.

By *alandNitaCouple 46 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Yet they did nothing to stop the spread of the misinformation that getting a jab stopped you infecting others.

Add to the fact that Hancock said he wanted to "scare the pants" off the public, it's clear they didn't want to stop the media making those claims.

He was likely sat counting the money from his fat envelope, recently slid under the table from pfizer while he sent those WhatsApp messages."

The thing is, that it's not as black & white as all that.

What the vaccines have done, is to reduce the severity and length of infections. This has had the knock on effect of less people being hospitalised, reduced the deaths, and reduced the total time that infected people can transmit the virus to others... so ultimately, the vaccines "do" create a reduction in in transmission.

Cal

Middle England

[Removed by poster at 11/05/23 06:38:15]

Middle England

No it wasn't

Rude!

What has surprised me is the instant attack on my views as though I'm anti vaccine."

We now know the vaccine did stop the spread of Covid.

Hopefully no one will attack my views as though I'm pro vaccine.

Terra Firma

No it wasn't

Rude!

What has surprised me is the instant attack on my views as though I'm anti vaccine.

We now know the vaccine did stop the spread of Covid.

Hopefully no one will attack my views as though I'm pro vaccine."

It did not stop the spread of covid, the last number of posts are telling you this.

By *ark Knight 2017Man 46 weeks ago

Ware

"He uses clear data and facts in his videos. Everything that he says is backed up by available data.

By *erald 1999Man 46 weeks ago

carmarthen

Poor old John Campbell , has anyone thought about his feelings in all this ? ....its like a form of bulling lol ha ha

North West

"Poor old John Campbell , has anyone thought about his feelings in all this ? ....its like a form of bulling lol ha ha "

Bulling? I thought that's what lots of blokes on here claim to be good at?!

Teesside

"Yet they did nothing to stop the spread of the misinformation that getting a jab stopped you infecting others.

He was likely sat counting the money from his fat envelope, recently slid under the table from pfizer while he sent those WhatsApp messages.

What the vaccines have done, is to reduce the severity and length of infections. This has had the knock on effect of less people being hospitalised, reduced the deaths, and reduced the total time that infected people can transmit the virus to others... so ultimately, the vaccines "do" create a reduction in in transmission.

Cal "

En masse? Possibly. That's not what people were led to believe however. Everything was geared towards saving those at risk around you "saving granny" as a lot of the headlines seemed to include around that time despite what the revisionists would like people to believe.

Terra Firma

Cal En masse? Possibly. That's not what people were led to believe however. Everything was geared towards saving those at risk around you "saving granny" as a lot of the headlines seemed to include around that time despite what the revisionists would like people to believe."

This is very true and sweeping things that did not go so well under the carpet means we have gaps in learning, not to mention a continued split in public perceptions of what actually happened.

By *enusalMan 46 weeks ago

tipperary Limerick London,

The sheep are fast asleep despite figures abundantly clear. Many here have narrow views.

Admission of following science doesn't fit well

By *erald 1999Man 46 weeks ago

carmarthen

"Poor old John Campbell , has anyone thought about his feelings in all this ? ....its like a form of bulling lol ha ha

Bulling? I thought that's what lots of blokes on here claim to be good at?! "

Bloody predicted text lol

Middle England

"It did not stop the spread of covid, the last number of posts are telling you this.

"

What posts are you referring to?

Always travelling

"There are a lot of folks you write him off as a crank and as unqualified.A conspiracy theorist, an anti vaxer. To me that's just narrow thinking. I always found his videos interesting and very fact based in their presentation. We now know so much more than we did and a lot of his stuff from two years ago was very accurate. There's still a lot who bought 100% into the Covid narrative and many others who didn't. Whose is to say which choice was correct. "

His videos are definitely interesting and entertaining, even though he simply manipulates data to confuse his non scientific audience into believing his agenda.

I love the Simpsons and a lot of the episodes contain factual information but I'm sure I'll not be making health choices based on a cartoon lol

By *cotsman75Man 46 weeks ago

North fife

"The sheep are fast asleep despite figures abundantly clear. Many here have narrow views.

Admission of following science doesn't fit well"

This follow the evidence. If you believe John Campbell or not he does argue a point with evidence, all with references and mainly from government sources.

How you view his evidence is down to the individual. I am very much aware that there are three types of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics. However in my view the evidence needs properly looked at by the government and they are refusing to even acknowledge it.

"The sheep are fast asleep despite figures abundantly clear. Many here have narrow views.

Admission of following science doesn't fit well

This follow the evidence. If you believe John Campbell or not he does argue a point with evidence, all with references and mainly from government sources.

How you view his evidence is down to the individual. I am very much aware that there are three types of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics. However in my view the evidence needs properly looked at by the government and they are refusing to even acknowledge it. "

"John Campbell uses government sources".

"The evidence needs properly looked at by the government and they are refusing to even acknowledge it".

Aren't these comments mutually exclusive?

By *he James gangCouple 46 weeks ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Why is covid still being discussed. Its been, it's gone.

Manchester (she/her)

"Why is covid still being discussed. Its been, it's gone. "

If you don't like it, can I suggest another part of the forum?

North West

Why do people discuss things like WW2 or the 1966 World Cup? Been, gone. Forget it, right?

Manchester (she/her)

"Why is covid still being discussed. Its been, it's gone.

Why do people discuss things like WW2 or the 1966 World Cup? Been, gone. Forget it, right? "

The glory of the British empire. That's loooong gone

Middle England

Where to begin. So I've watched his latest video on Excess Deaths in the UK twice (sad I know) to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Right at the start when he presents the excess deaths, he captions it as excess deaths in the UK and he's very worried about it. Why it's not being reported etc etc

He then goes through various charts, @5:55 in there's a comparison between 14 countries and this is interesting. There are a few peaks and troughs but essentially the range is between -10% and +30% across all those countries. He doesn't reference how the UK fare as a whole (only Scotland) but that still lies within the general range -10% to +30%.

And that is the smoke and mirror; if he had included the UK deaths on that chart; we should be somewhere in the 25% - 50% region or worse, if his assertion is true. Then that's something that would need explaining.

When he does present the UK chart on it's own @10:38 we are in the expected range he quotes it as 22.1%. This effectively contradicts the whole point of what he's trying to say. Because the UK is in the expected range that he has already previously demonstrated!

I'm not a statistician, I have no axe to grind. I don't have the time nor the inclination to debunk all his videos. But if I as a layman can rip that video to shreds in a few minutes people cleverer than me would have no problem.

Manchester (she/her)

"Where to begin. So I've watched his latest video on Excess Deaths in the UK twice (sad I know) to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Right at the start when he presents the excess deaths, he captions it as excess deaths in the UK and he's very worried about it. Why it's not being reported etc etc

He then goes through various charts, @5:55 in there's a comparison between 14 countries and this is interesting. There are a few peaks and troughs but essentially the range is between -10% and +30% across all those countries. He doesn't reference how the UK fare as a whole (only Scotland) but that still lies within the general range -10% to +30%.

And that is the smoke and mirror; if he had included the UK deaths on that chart; we should be somewhere in the 25% - 50% region or worse, if his assertion is true. Then that's something that would need explaining.

When he does present the UK chart on it's own @10:38 we are in the expected range he quotes it as 22.1%. This effectively contradicts the whole point of what he's trying to say. Because the UK is in the expected range that he has already previously demonstrated!

I'm not a statistician, I have no axe to grind. I don't have the time nor the inclination to debunk all his videos. But if I as a layman can rip that video to shreds in a few minutes people cleverer than me would have no problem.

"

Sounds like the kind of basic bait and switch to fool those without requisite education.

And not the kind of thing you can do by accident. He knows what he's doing.

Always travelling

Our friend caught it last month, she nearly died and hasn't been at all well since.

Maybe she made it up ?

North West

Our friend caught it last month, she nearly died and hasn't been at all well since.

Maybe she made it up ?"

My colleague had to WFH last week due to COVID (fortunately mild for him). It's definitely still around.....

Manchester (she/her)

Maybe she made it up ?"

If you listen to Twitter, it's the vast trauma of the pubs being closed for a few weeks three years ago. No one can ever understand that pain

Terra Firma

"Where to begin. So I've watched his latest video on Excess Deaths in the UK twice (sad I know) to make sure I didn't miss anything.

"

I have just watched this video, I'm at a loss to your summary..

56 seconds into the video he shows the UK figures for excess deaths at 22.1% above the 5 year average from figures provided by the ONS. I have no idea why you missed that until 10:38 into the video?

You have given no explanation as to his point, which was there are 2540 excess deaths in the 16th week of the year. He is not attributing that to covid or anything else because he was very clear that no analysis has been conducted into the rises. He goes wide by using comparisons to other countries but still no explanation given by him as to why peaks and troughs exist, he was simply questioning why some countries have seen above average deaths and others have taken a dip.

I'm not a supporter or detractor of this person, simply a person that likes a balanced view.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple 46 weeks ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Maybe she made it up ?"

In my workplace we've had cases of it and been very ill maybe we have too

By *idnight RamblerMan 46 weeks ago

Pershore

Yes, I watched his channel during the pandemic, especially around Vitamin D supplementation. Whilst he's not a medical doctor, he has a sound understanding of the maths around medicine. But stats are notoriously open to interpretation, and I found some of his conclusions dubious. Lies, damn lies and statistics and all that.

Tin town

Why do people discuss things like WW2 or the 1966 World Cup? Been, gone. Forget it, right?

The glory of the British empire. That's loooong gone "

Definitely not allowed to discuss that

Manchester (she/her)

The glory of the British empire. That's loooong gone

Definitely not allowed to discuss that"

If people wanted to discuss it in a history forum I wouldn't tell them it was inappropriate. I might argue the details (glorious genocide), but I wouldn't say it was over and not worth discussing.

By *estivalMan 46 weeks ago

borehamwood

Maybe she made it up ?"

so her jabs didnt really help then

Maybe she made it up ?

so her jabs didnt really help then"

"Nearly died"

By *estivalMan 46 weeks ago

borehamwood

Maybe she made it up ?

"Nearly died""

i thought the jabs were supposed to stop you getting really ill

Terra Firma

Maybe she made it up ?

"Nearly died" i thought the jabs were supposed to stop you getting really ill"

That will depend greatly on a persons health and immune system. this is why they are offering those with vulnerabilities and the elderly their boosters.

North West

Maybe she made it up ?

The vaccine status of the colleague wasn't mentioned.

Maybe she made it up ?

"Nearly died"

i thought the jabs were supposed to stop you getting really ill"

I remember being taught about vaccines at secondary school.

There's a lot of useful information about vaccines, how they work, why they work, on the NHS website.

Teesside

"There are a lot of folks you write him off as a crank and as unqualified.A conspiracy theorist, an anti vaxer. To me that's just narrow thinking. I always found his videos interesting and very fact based in their presentation. We now know so much more than we did and a lot of his stuff from two years ago was very accurate. There's still a lot who bought 100% into the Covid narrative and many others who didn't. Whose is to say which choice was correct.

His videos are definitely interesting and entertaining, even though he simply manipulates data to confuse his non scientific audience into believing his agenda.

I love the Simpsons and a lot of the episodes contain factual information but I'm sure I'll not be making health choices based on a cartoon lol"

To be fair, you are already a lost cause if you are making health decisions based on Dr Campbell, the Simpson or the bright sparks that thought introducing two for one McDonald's was a good idea during a pandemic that obesity was a major factor in your chances of death.

By *he James gangCouple 46 weeks ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

If you don't like it, can I suggest another part of the forum?"

Ooohhh!

Always travelling

Maybe she made it up ? so her jabs didnt really help then"

I'll pass on your compassionate concern.

By *csheffMan 46 weeks ago

Sheffield

I have just watched this video, I'm at a loss to your summary..

56 seconds into the video he shows the UK figures for excess deaths at 22.1% above the 5 year average from figures provided by the ONS. I have no idea why you missed that until 10:38 into the video?

You have given no explanation as to his point, which was there are 2540 excess deaths in the 16th week of the year. He is not attributing that to covid or anything else because he was very clear that no analysis has been conducted into the rises. He goes wide by using comparisons to other countries but still no explanation given by him as to why peaks and troughs exist, he was simply questioning why some countries have seen above average deaths and others have taken a dip.

I'm not a supporter or detractor of this person, simply a person that likes a balanced view.

"

Complete agree with your points. I really did not understand to OPs critique at all....

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 46 weeks ago

M20

What he says is disturbing to some so they mock and dismiss him.

He only repeats the official scientific data as it is released.

Torquay

"

That's simply not true though, he regularly twists things, alters the passage of a report to suit his own agenda, and rarely posts things word for word.....choosing instead to leave out bits of reports and statements that he doesn't agree with.

That's simply not true though, he regularly twists things, alters the passage of a report to suit his own agenda, and rarely posts things word for word.....choosing instead to leave out bits of reports and statements that he doesn't agree with."

M20

Less than Dr Fauci for sure.

M20

The magical drug that cures everything and *they* don't want you to know - it's the sure sign of a snake oil salesman."

Ivermectin studies have just reached stage 3 for covid efficacy in Japan only 4 days ago. I hate to say it but Trump may have been correct.

How on earth did he know that?

By the way MRNA vaccines missed out stage 3 testing, they went straight to human trials in the population.

I know this because I read the Pfizer safety data in full.

Manchester (she/her)

Ivermectin studies have just reached stage 3 for covid efficacy in Japan only 4 days ago. I hate to say it but Trump may have been correct.

By the way MRNA vaccines missed out stage 3 testing, they went straight to human trials in the population.

"

Ok.

"

Given that there are posters in the Virus forum who took part in the vaccine trials, that can't be true.

Have you read all of the safety data on all of the mrna vaccines from all.of the manufacturers?

M20

Given that there are posters in the Virus forum who took part in the vaccine trials, that can't be true.

Trials were drastically shortened, look up Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Most possible vaccines are withdrawn 7 years in to stage 3 testing. It’s common for vaccines to be 12 years old before they are become prescribed drugs.

I’m happy for you to be my guinea pig, thank you for your sacrifice.

Have you read all of the safety data on all of the mrna vaccines from all.of the manufacturers? "

No, Pfizer was the only one forced to release by the courts at the time.

It’s not has hard to read as you might think.

[Removed by poster at 13/05/23 15:25:07]

Trials were drastically shortened, look up Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Most possible vaccines are withdrawn 7 years in to stage 3 testing. It’s common for vaccines to be 12 years old before they are become prescribed drugs.

I’m happy for you to be my guinea pig, thank you for your sacrifice.

Have you read all of the safety data on all of the mrna vaccines from all.of the manufacturers?

No, Pfizer was the only one forced to release by the courts at the time.

It’s not has hard to read as you might think."

You ignored my observation about human trials. Why?

Presumably you've read all of the 451,000 pages that have been released?

A quick Google finds published safety data on several other manufacturers vaccines.

By *AFKA HovisMan 46 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

can you confirm the name of the paper etc to make it easier to find ? Tia.

By *eliusMan 46 weeks ago

Henlow

"

He did, now he cherry picks data to support whatever message he’s trying to push. Watch his videos and then source the original material he quotes from and compare … or if you want a quick comparison, check out Conspiracy Catz on YouTube who does all the hard work for you.

By *r1249Man 46 weeks ago

Northumberland

stopped watching him after he did a piece on Monkeypox and his obvious disdain for certain elements of our society.

By *iCurious4WomenMan 45 weeks ago

Inverclyde

Cal "

There's no hard evidence that shows such a thing.

By *iCurious4WomenMan 45 weeks ago

Inverclyde

"Please keep it to the forums, dear Fabbers. If one wishes to suggest conspiracy theories about midazolam or anything else, please do it here for everyone to comment upon "

Conspiracy theories about Midazolam? My aunt was one of the midazolam deaths. It's no conspiracy theory.

By *varMan 45 weeks ago

Barnet

Your statement implies that it is wrong to make money. Does your viewpoint extend to the trillion dollar big pharma too? After all FDA figures show that 100 000 people die each year of Dr prescribed medication in the United States alone. That makes it a million over a period of 10 years.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 45 weeks ago

Middle England

[Removed by poster at 14/05/23 09:13:17]

Middle England

"I hate to say it but Trump may have been correct. "

Is this the same Trump who suggested we should drink bleach or something like that as it kills 99% of all germs!

By *esYesOMGYes!Man 45 weeks ago

M20

"Wirth remembering his Phd isnt in medicine it’s in digital media

"

Don’t forget his Masters in Health Science and his specialism in blood cancers.

M20

"I hate to say it but Trump may have been correct.

Is this the same Trump who suggested we should drink bleach or something like that as it kills 99% of all germs! "

Yep that’s him. He is dumb but also correct. How?

I suspect the chlorine thing may have been a mispronunciation if he was trying to tell us about chloroquinine, which we are now learning is affective just like ivermectin.

I can hardly believe this stuff myself

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 45 weeks ago

Durham

Is this the same Trump who suggested we should drink bleach or something like that as it kills 99% of all germs!

I suspect the chlorine thing may have been a mispronunciation if he was trying to tell us about chloroquinine, which we are now learning is affective just like ivermectin.

I can hardly believe this stuff myself "

It's been proved many times that neither HCQ or ivermectin has any effect on covid. There is zero evidence that either prevents or improves recovery from covid.i will take my advice from qualified scientific and medical professionals not convicted sex offenders.

M20

It's been proved many times that neither HCQ or ivermectin has any effect on covid. There is zero evidence that either prevents or improves recovery from covid.i will take my advice from qualified scientific and medical professionals not convicted sex offenders."

So the articles supporting ivermectin as a prophylactic against covid in BMJ, Reuters, Nature and PubMed are not based in science?

Where are you getting your misinformation?

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple 45 weeks ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Maybe she made it up ?

Lol....lets try and clear this up for those that choose to misquote or just want to stir things up.

The word "stop" is never used in medecin. Nearly 50% of us will get cancer (of course dis-believers won't accept this). If you are fortunate, treatment will work and you will survive it. But for some it won't. Now if that's enough for you not to bother with the treatment so be it.

Look at it another way? Remember when seat belts became mandatory? No, well you are too young! But believe it or not there was once a choice. Of course there were those that wanted to keep that choice...fair enough.

But these days noone would argue wearing a seat belt lessens the chance of death. However its not going to save you if you hit a brick wall head on at 70mph. Oh and for those wondering - this was an analogy.

Nothing in this life is certain (other than taxes and death). But we do have choices. Some of us are sensible enough / well educated enough / smart enough / lucky enough (delete as appropriate) to make better choices than others.

Most of the time. Of course we all make bad choices sometimes....

By *naswingdressWoman 45 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Maybe she made it up ?

"Nearly died" i thought the jabs were supposed to stop you getting really ill

Lol....lets try and clear this up for those that choose to misquote or just want to stir things up.

The word "stop" is never used in medecin. Nearly 50% of us will get cancer (of course dis-believers won't accept this). If you are fortunate, treatment will work and you will survive it. But for some it won't. Now if that's enough for you not to bother with the treatment so be it.

Look at it another way? Remember when seat belts became mandatory? No, well you are too young! But believe it or not there was once a choice. Of course there were those that wanted to keep that choice...fair enough.

But these days noone would argue wearing a seat belt lessens the chance of death. However its not going to save you if you hit a brick wall head on at 70mph. Oh and for those wondering - this was an analogy.

Nothing in this life is certain (other than taxes and death). But we do have choices. Some of us are sensible enough / well educated enough / smart enough / lucky enough (delete as appropriate) to make better choices than others.

Most of the time. Of course we all make bad choices sometimes...."

It's a common tactic to pretend that medicine is magic and absolute, so any deviation from perfect - a standard medicine never says it has - is evidence of failure. It's a little silly

Durham

It's been proved many times that neither HCQ or ivermectin has any effect on covid. There is zero evidence that either prevents or improves recovery from covid.i will take my advice from qualified scientific and medical professionals not convicted sex offenders.

So the articles supporting ivermectin as a prophylactic against covid in BMJ, Reuters, Nature and PubMed are not based in science?

"

Can't find a single proper trial, done properly with blinds and a reasonable size, that gives any evidence that ivermectin has any effect on covid. There are however many many properly done trials that prove ivermectin has no effect. Any search will bring loads of these trials up so not sure where you are finding information the opposite from this.

By *csheffMan 45 weeks ago

Sheffield

Is this the same Trump who suggested we should drink bleach or something like that as it kills 99% of all germs! "

Nope please stop spreading misinformation..

Joe Biden: On COVID-19, Donald Trump said that “maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay.”

PolitiFact’s ruling: Mostly False.

Here’s why: Joe Biden criticized President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, saying during a speech on the economy that Trump had given up trying to manage a crisis he’s ill equipped to solve.

"And when it comes to COVID-19, after months of doing nothing, other than predicting the virus would disappear, or maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay, Trump has simply given up," said Biden, who delivered his remarks at a metalworks factory near his hometown of Scranton on Thursday.

Trump spoke about the role he thought disinfectants could play in tackling an infection caused by the virus during a now infamous April 23 briefing. But he didn’t say people should drink bleach.

His comments came after William Bryan, the undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, presented a study that found sun exposure and cleaning agents like bleach can kill the virus when it lingers on surfaces.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 45 weeks ago

North West

Joe Biden: On COVID-19, Donald Trump said that “maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay.”

Here’s why: Joe Biden criticized President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, saying during a speech on the economy that Trump had given up trying to manage a crisis he’s ill equipped to solve.

"And when it comes to COVID-19, after months of doing nothing, other than predicting the virus would disappear, or maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay, Trump has simply given up," said Biden, who delivered his remarks at a metalworks factory near his hometown of Scranton on Thursday.

Trump spoke about the role he thought disinfectants could play in tackling an infection caused by the virus during a now infamous April 23 briefing. But he didn’t say people should drink bleach.

His comments came after William Bryan, the undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, presented a study that found sun exposure and cleaning agents like bleach can kill the virus when it lingers on surfaces."

Verbatim:

“A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world,” Trump began, clearly thinking the question himself, “So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”

Trump suggested INJECTING disinfectant/bleach. Not drinking it. He directed researchers to look into the feasibility of it, which is plainly bonkers.

Sheffield

Can't find a single proper trial, done properly with blinds and a reasonable size, that gives any evidence that ivermectin has any effect on covid. There are however many many properly done trials that prove ivermectin has no effect. Any search will bring loads of these trials up so not sure where you are finding information the opposite from this."

He's just said where he is finding his information. All reputable sources..

I just had a look and there are plenty of high quality,double blind, randomized controlled clinical trials.

Middle England

His comments came after William Bryan, the undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, presented a study that found sun exposure and cleaning agents like bleach can kill the virus when it lingers on surfaces."

I wasn't going to go through all the archives so I qualified it by saying 'or something like that'.

By *AFKA HovisMan 45 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Can't find a single proper trial, done properly with blinds and a reasonable size, that gives any evidence that ivermectin has any effect on covid. There are however many many properly done trials that prove ivermectin has no effect. Any search will bring loads of these trials up so not sure where you are finding information the opposite from this.

I just had a look and there are plenty of high quality,double blind, randomized controlled clinical trials."

cam you share the paper names ? I've stopped paying attention to covid related articles.

Sheffield

His comments came after William Bryan, the undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, presented a study that found sun exposure and cleaning agents like bleach can kill the virus when it lingers on surfaces.

Verbatim:

“A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world,” Trump began, clearly thinking the question himself, “So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”

Trump suggested INJECTING disinfectant/bleach. Not drinking it. He directed researchers to look into the feasibility of it, which is plainly bonkers."

I think he is in layman's terms referring to a procedure called a lung lavage and asking the question in some way can it be done safely with a substance that would kill covid in the lungs.

In no way in what he said is he telling people or suggesting they should INJECT bleach

By *aekaeWoman 45 weeks ago

Verbatim:

Trump suggested INJECTING disinfectant/bleach. Not drinking it. He directed researchers to look into the feasibility of it, which is plainly bonkers.

I think he is in layman's terms referring to a procedure called a lung lavage and asking the question in some way can it be done safely with a substance that would kill covid in the lungs.

In no way in what he said is he telling people or suggesting they should INJECT bleach "

Apart from where he said;

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection........."

Sheffield

I'm pretty sure "Is there away" is a question..

Middle England

"I think he is in layman's terms referring to a procedure called a lung lavage and asking the question in some way can it be done safely with a substance that would kill covid in the lungs.

In no way in what he said is he telling people or suggesting they should INJECT bleach "

Of course, you know exactly what he must have been thinking, even if that's different to what he actually said or intimated. Any one that opposes your view is wrong and what you say therefore must be right.

Durham

I just had a look and there are plenty of high quality,double blind, randomized controlled clinical trials."

Ok give one, I can't find any.i put "ivermectin covid" into Google all I get is ivermectin doesn't work well the first 10 pages or so.

Sheffield

"I think he is in layman's terms referring to a procedure called a lung lavage and asking the question in some way can it be done safely with a substance that would kill covid in the lungs.

In no way in what he said is he telling people or suggesting they should INJECT bleach

Of course, you know exactly what he must have been thinking, even if that's different to what he actually said or intimated. Any one that opposes your view is wrong and what you say therefore must be right."

No. Everyone is entitled to there view and Everyones views are entitled to be questioned. Including mine.

If you want to argue that he asked a STUPID question that's a quite legit view to hold.

If you a trying to say he was suggesting or telling people to inject bleach I can only assume you are willfully trying to be misleading or have trump derangement syndrome

North West

"I'm pretty sure "Is there away" is a question.. "

Anyone with half a brain would know that bleach and disinfectants CANNOT be introduced into the body in any way. If it were that easy, we'd have combatted infectious disease decades ago. We can kill most things on hard surfaces but not within the delicate mush of the human body.

Also any world leader worth their salt would at least consult experts and have speeches checked before putting it out there on live TV. Apparently Trump was advised NOT to say anything about it by his advisors and spoke off-the-cuff about whether it might be possible to inject disinfectant.

He's a total twerp and a liability. Many people listen to about half of what anyone says and then fills in the gaps themselves. Clips from entire speeches get shared online, out of context, and people follow whatever they hear.

Middle England

Of course, you know exactly what he must have been thinking, even if that's different to what he actually said or intimated. Any one that opposes your view is wrong and what you say therefore must be right.

No. Everyone is entitled to there view and Everyones views are entitled to be questioned. Including mine.

If you want to argue that he asked a STUPID question that's a quite legit view to hold.

If you a trying to say he was suggesting or telling people to inject bleach I can only assume you are willfully trying to be misleading or have trump derangement syndrome "

Or you must be somewhere on the trump zealous spectrum.

By *eFCUKaLotCouple 45 weeks ago

somewhere close

This is so entertaining, please continue as I grab another bag of popcorn

I just had a look and there are plenty of high quality,double blind, randomized controlled clinical trials.

Ok give one, I can't find any.i put "ivermectin covid" into Google all I get is ivermectin doesn't work well the first 10 pages or so."

Same findings.....

Sheffield

Kory, P. et al. (2021). Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19, American Journal of Therapeutics May/June 2021.

Hill, A. et al. (2021). Meta-analysis of randomized trials of ivermectin to treat SARS-CoV-2 infection. Research Square preprint. DOI: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-148845/v1

Cobos-Campos, R. et al. (2021). Potential use of Ivermectin for the treatment and profilaxis. Clinical Research and Trials, 7, 1-5. DOI: 10.15761/CRT.1000333 (over-ridden)

Bryant, A., Lawrie, T.A., Dowswell, T., Fordham, E.J., Mitchell, S., Hill, S.R. & Tham, T.C. (2021). Ivermectin for prevention and treatment of COVID-19 infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. OSF preprint, https://osf.io/k37ft/

Castañeda-Sabogal, A. et al. (2021). Outcomes of Ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis. medRxiv

By *he James gangCouple 45 weeks ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

"I'm pretty sure "Is there away" is a question..

Anyone with half a brain would know that bleach and disinfectants CANNOT be introduced into the body in any way. If it were that easy, we'd have combatted infectious disease decades ago. We can kill most things on hard surfaces but not within the delicate mush of the human body.

Also any world leader worth their salt would at least consult experts and have speeches checked before putting it out there on live TV. Apparently Trump was advised NOT to say anything about it by his advisors and spoke off-the-cuff about whether it might be possible to inject disinfectant.

He's a total twerp and a liability. Many people listen to about half of what anyone says and then fills in the gaps themselves. Clips from entire speeches get shared online, out of context, and people follow whatever they hear. "

Unfortunately MAGA folk, have less than half a brain.

By *AFKA HovisMan 45 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Kory, P. et al. (2021). Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19, American Journal of Therapeutics May/June 2021.

Hill, A. et al. (2021). Meta-analysis of randomized trials of ivermectin to treat SARS-CoV-2 infection. Research Square preprint. DOI: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-148845/v1

Cobos-Campos, R. et al. (2021). Potential use of Ivermectin for the treatment and profilaxis. Clinical Research and Trials, 7, 1-5. DOI: 10.15761/CRT.1000333 (over-ridden)

Bryant, A., Lawrie, T.A., Dowswell, T., Fordham, E.J., Mitchell, S., Hill, S.R. & Tham, T.C. (2021). Ivermectin for prevention and treatment of COVID-19 infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. OSF preprint, https://osf.io/k37ft/

Castañeda-Sabogal, A. et al. (2021). Outcomes of Ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis. medRxiv"

thanks. Have I read it right there are two expressions of concern, one retraction and two preprints. With concerns on the quality of the underlying studies. That was where I left this invermectin discussion... It came across a bit tainted.

Sheffield

If you a trying to say he was suggesting or telling people to inject bleach I can only assume you are willfully trying to be misleading or have trump derangement syndrome

Or you must be somewhere on the trump zealous spectrum."

Touché however my politics is more center left. I'm obviously not an American citizen but if I was I wouldn't be a trump supporter

By *otMe66Man 45 weeks ago

Terra Firma

If you a trying to say he was suggesting or telling people to inject bleach I can only assume you are willfully trying to be misleading or have trump derangement syndrome "

I agree with this and it is very clear he was not suggesting injecting bleach as the media would want us too believe, he asks a question could we do something like that, the clue here is "like", as in clear the system.

Was he foolish to be talking before thinking, yes.

Biased opinion with a lead from the media strikes again!

By *irty_DeedsMan 45 weeks ago

Teesside

I agree with this and it is very clear he was not suggesting injecting bleach as the media would want us too believe, he asks a question could we do something like that, the clue here is "like", as in clear the system.

"

Trump could go on TV and claim the sky was blue and the left leaning media would disagree with it. He's that polarising!

Terra Firma

Trump could go on TV and claim the sky was blue and the left leaning media would disagree with it. He's that polarising! "

That is so true

Terra Firma

Or you must be somewhere on the trump zealous spectrum."

In terms of zealous, your review of the Dr Campbell video you reviewed do you stand by what you said?

M20

Ok give one, I can't find any.i put "ivermectin covid" into Google all I get is ivermectin doesn't work well the first 10 pages or so."

I don’t use google and the first page is covered with possibles. Even the search box suggests “ivermectin dosage for covid”

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/japans-kowa-says-ivermectin-effective-against-omicron-phase-iii-trial-2022-01-31/

Sheffield

Trump could go on TV and claim the sky was blue and the left leaning media would disagree with it. He's that polarising! "

So true lol

Durham

Ok give one, I can't find any.i put "ivermectin covid" into Google all I get is ivermectin doesn't work well the first 10 pages or so.

I don’t use google and the first page is covered with possibles. Even the search box suggests “ivermectin dosage for covid”

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/japans-kowa-says-ivermectin-effective-against-omicron-phase-iii-trial-2022-01-31/

"

Neither of those have any detail proper trials. If i search "ivermectin covid" it brings up loads of details of proper trials all say ivermectin has no effect on covid.

Terra Firma

Neither of those have any detail proper trials. If i search "ivermectin covid" it brings up loads of details of proper trials all say ivermectin has no effect on covid."

I’m interested in your qualifications and experience in this matter, what do you know of trials as an example? There is a lot of people here who seem to be subject matter experts, or come across as that. You are more considered in response but I’m unsure if the questions you are ask are based on experience / knowledge in the field.

North West

Neither of those have any detail proper trials. If i search "ivermectin covid" it brings up loads of details of proper trials all say ivermectin has no effect on covid.

I’m interested in your qualifications and experience in this matter, what do you know of trials as an example? There is a lot of people here who seem to be subject matter experts, or come across as that. You are more considered in response but I’m unsure if the questions you are ask are based on experience / knowledge in the field."

I'm one of the contributors with a relevant scientific background. Microbiology, to be specific.

Terra Firma

I’m interested in your qualifications and experience in this matter, what do you know of trials as an example? There is a lot of people here who seem to be subject matter experts, or come across as that. You are more considered in response but I’m unsure if the questions you are ask are based on experience / knowledge in the field.

I'm one of the contributors with a relevant scientific background. Microbiology, to be specific. "

Excellent so what gives you the experience to commentate and advise on medical issues or vaccines?

Durham

I’m interested in your qualifications and experience in this matter, what do you know of trials as an example? There is a lot of people here who seem to be subject matter experts, or come across as that. You are more considered in response but I’m unsure if the questions you are ask are based on experience / knowledge in the field."

Have a degree masters and doctorate all in science subjects. Admitted not medical but have plenty of experience producing and reviewing research data. A lot of, not all, the ivermectin "research" a first year undergrad would be embarrassed to present.

Terra Firma

Have a degree masters and doctorate all in science subjects. Admitted not medical but have plenty of experience producing and reviewing research data. A lot of, not all, the ivermectin "research" a first year undergrad would be embarrassed to present."

Thank you I’m however taking your word on that, just as those here take the word of Dr Campbell.

Trust wins the day or what people want to hear, both are similar

I'm one of the contributors with a relevant scientific background. Microbiology, to be specific.

Excellent so what gives you the experience to commentate and advise on medical issues or vaccines? "

Middle England

"In terms of zealous, your review of the Dr Campbell video you reviewed do you stand by what you said? "

Why wouldn't I? I've already said I'm no expert, however, I think he cherry picks the data to fit his narrative.

As others has said, you can make statistics say whatever you want. I don't think there was a persuasive case to his assertion.

That was my takeaway from watching it. Others may have had the totally opposite view.