FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Atrial fibrillation

Atrial fibrillation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ixey and Copper OP   Couple 48 weeks ago

exeter

There is a sky news story about the huge rise in Atrial fibrillation over the last 3 years.

I (Mr) developed it after I had covid 18 months ago, all good and can live a normal live.

Just a bit scary.

I have a Garmin Fenix 7 watch that tracks heart rate, stress, sleep etc.

The info changed forever the day I had covid.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple 48 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"There is a sky news story about the huge rise in Atrial fibrillation over the last 3 years.

I (Mr) developed it after I had covid 18 months ago, all good and can live a normal live.

Just a bit scary.

The info changed forever the day I had covid."

Unfortunately, there is quite a long list of things that Covid could damage in the infected. The medical world is bracing itself for years of dealing with the fallout.

I'm glad that you're condition is under control, I can imagine that it would be terrifying when your heard suddenly goes bonkers.

Cal

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

"There is a sky news story about the huge rise in Atrial fibrillation over the last 3 years.

Just a bit scary.

Unfortunately, there is quite a long list of things that Covid could damage in the infected. The medical world is bracing itself for years of dealing with the fallout.

I'm glad that you're condition is under control, I can imagine that it would be terrifying when your heard suddenly goes bonkers.

Cal"

AF is not a condition where the heart goes bonkers.

By *arkus1812Man 48 weeks ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

My A F was diagnosed 5 years ago, well before Covid, I have had 5 Cardioversions, none of which have resulted in my heart going back to normal rhythm, A medication called Amlodipine was successful in getting my heart back to normal rhythm but was damaging my thyroids in the process so was discontinued so it is now a case of keep taking the tablets.

exeter

Just a bit scary.

Cal

"

It certainly feels like it

By *abuma65Man 48 weeks ago

Gloucester

Uhm I have had Paroxysmal Afib for over 10 yrs....mine does suddenly 'go bonkers' until I get it back to NSR with Flecainide.

I can be a raise of an episode if get a viral infection ie It was difficult to control when I got Covid but everyone has different triggers I guess.

I think it's the most common Arrythmia but I'm not an expert.

By *abuma65Man 48 weeks ago

Gloucester

oops typo there I meant 'at risk' not raise soz x

By *k_guyMan 48 weeks ago

Ipswich

I had SVT and had an ablation to resolve it but ever so often I get “blips”. This generally coincides with me getting ill or being extremely tired or stressed. It’s often my sign that I need to slow down a bit and take it easy.

Both of my parents experienced AF after having COVID.

It seems to be one of those things that raises its head when you extremely worn down.

exeter

Thank you for your comments, a lot seem to ring true with my experience

Ipswich

For me it started when I was about 14 and I had an ablation at 19.

Obviously I felt like I was the only person who experienced it, but as I got older and spoke to people about it, I found out lots of people experience it.

Scunthorpe

Just a bit scary.

Cal

------

"

It is irregular heartbeat, and most commonly includes racing and fluttering. On my opinion, that would constitute "going bonkers"

Cal

By *ools and the brainCouple 48 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Just a bit scary.

Cal

"

Are you saying this from a professional standpoint, personal or just for the sake of argument?

Scunthorpe

Just a bit scary.

Cal

Are you saying this from a professional standpoint, personal or just for the sake of argument?"

To be fair, "going bonkers" isn't an approved medical term either

Cal

By *ools and the brainCouple 48 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Just a bit scary.

Cal

Are you saying this from a professional standpoint, personal or just for the sake of argument?

Cal"

are you sure I definitely heard it used on Grey's anatomy once

By *rancois Du BoisMan 48 weeks ago

The wrong side of the tracks.

Just a bit scary.

Cal

Cal

are you sure I definitely heard it used on Grey's anatomy once "

I have a heat defect that can cause AF when I’m exercising too hard. I’ve experienced it three times in my life and can only describe it as a ‘flutter’ in the chest kinda like being slapped very fast in the chest repeatedly. It’s when your valves and muscle go out of sync.

By *r TriomanMan 48 weeks ago

Celle, Germany

I've got Atrial fibrillation and flutter and I've had 2 cardio versions; the first one made things worse but the 2nd worked for a while with medication and things only got a bit hairy when I'd had too much caffeine.

Before my 3rd jab, I was doing a half marathon a month and cycling 60 to 100 miles at a time. After my 3rd jab my condition came back and I had to stop running; I can cycle okay so long as I don't go balls out.

exeter

Just a bit scary.

Cal

------

It is irregular heartbeat, and most commonly includes racing and fluttering. On my opinion, that would constitute "going bonkers"

Cal"

I lie in bed with my heart literally beating out of my chest, can feel it going all over the place...certainly would discribe it as bonkers.

By *edonisthenryMan 48 weeks ago

Cambridge

Atrial fibrillation is not a condition to jest about: a cause of a stroke though I was asked by a cardiologist if I consumed 'Red Bull' which has a lot of caffeine. I've never tried this drink in my life and always hated coffee. I have a pill called Flecanide to put my heart into rhythm, have been offered an ablation but the stress in my life has subsided with hybrid working (home/office) so don't need this procedure.

By *arklong88Man 48 weeks ago

Bangor

I had it once for a week,after research I found that sweeteners can cause it .never take them now and am fine.

By *lice AgainTV/TS 48 weeks ago

Bristol

I have it acutely.

Flutter for maybe a minute or so.

Only twice has it been longer.

Once back in 01/01/2000 when it became a bit of a joke with the people I was with and lasted around 20 hours (long story). And again in 2020 where I woke up with it not going away, called 111 and they we surprised I was so nonchalant about it.

Eventually got cardioverted and now we're back to occasional flutter.

Ipswich

I find it really comforting to hear of other peoples experiences and also the triggers that people have worked out make it worse.

Stress / tiredness / alchohol / caffeine / Illness have always been triggers for me, but I never thought of sweetners, but I do know that artificial sweetners have a habit of making me feel a bit rubbish.

It certainly feels like your heart is going bonkers. I only suffered with it mildly, but I used to find going for a walk would make me feel better. For some reason sitting or lying down would make it feel worst in my chest.

Just a bit scary.

Cal

------

Cal"

I had it happen due to some mistreatment by the NHS. It was very scary, i thought i was going to die !

By *melia DominaTV/TS 48 weeks ago

EDINBURGH (She/Her)

Just a bit scary.

Cal

------

Cal"

or as I refer to it hamster heart or the jungle drum and bass party in my chest!!

AF is not a covid thing, it's been around for a long time and us most likely genetics.

Had it for years after blood clots in the lung.

Amidarone medication worked for me took six months but didn't need cardo zap! Now on darondarone (pink panther tablets) which is keeping it at bay along side the old apixiban..

I am now a walking pill dispenser for life..

By *uHorny1Man 48 weeks ago

Cannock

Whilst not suffering from AF, I had a bad bout of Covid in Dec 2020 that I never really recovered from. Breathing, fatigue and general health went into slow decline. 2 years later this developed into a Pulmonary Embolism. 3 months on, I was diagnosed with heart failure as it was struggling to pump out the excess fluid. Diuretics sorted that, losing 14 kg in about 2 weeks. I'm now on 6 different meds every day...

By *bird63Man 48 weeks ago

Salford

I have had the feelings for years and just put it down to stress. But last month I went working away I left Manchester to travel to Whitehaven started a 12 hour day .went back to the hotel had food went to bed at 10.up at 3 for the toilet. and that's when it started I could not get my heart back into rhythm. So I went to hospital wired me up gave me a tablet and still out of sink for hours.then thay told me it was af.so now I have to go for heart scan. It was scary at the time x

Bangor

As well as staying off sweeteners also take magnesium lotion.

I expect different things work for different people though

Ipswich

Magnesium lotion? Where do you put it?

Bangor

"Magnesium lotion? Where do you put it? "

On your knob course!

Ipswich

"Magnesium lotion? Where do you put it?

On your knob course!"

Of course, I thought as much. I will go and get some.

By *edonisthenryMan 48 weeks ago

Cambridge

"I had it happen due to some mistreatment by the NHS. It was very scary, i thought i was going to die !"

That's how I felt in A&E. They were about to use the paddles to shock my heart into rhythm but the magic bullet they prescribed worked:Flecanide. AF leaves you breathless, dizzy and unable to sleep. Top tips:standing up from sitting/lying down, cold showers and wanking have put my heart into rhythm when Flecanide has not worked. Absolutely true!!!

I just felt strange, had a weird feeling in my chest, felt ill but couldn't explain how.

By *uzedMan 46 weeks ago

Stafford

Hi, I had AF. The doctors routed an electrode from my goin into the heart, gave me morphine, zapped the irregular firing nodes after telling me it wouldnt hurt. Lying basrards, think they meant it wouldnt hurt them. Im fine now, just have greater mistrust of liers and doctors. Lol

By *asygoingcouple2022Couple 46 weeks ago

The moon

I have AF was diagnosed 20 years ago when my heart went bonkers and needed cardio version twice like others when I’m stressed or ILL i know about it as my heart does dances in my chest x

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

Covid left me with high blood pressure; was near perfect when I had a medical a few months before covid hit, then I caught it 8 months in. Felt like shit after and went to the doctors and my BP was through the roof. Theres an awful lot that they don't know about long covid and the NHS doesnt have the resources to support those who have it

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

Just a bit scary.

The info changed forever the day I had covid."

I copy your comment …have the same watch too! When I get AF it lasts for two/three days where it tires me out and makes me breathless ..to those who don’t have it the symptoms are like when a big bang wakes you up in the early hours and you feel your heart beating…the meds work but do make you tired …got mine before Covid…the doc just said I had pulled the short straw …I said can I put it back …we smile…and it doesn’t alter your life span…just maybe your life…if you let it

By *eresa_cdslutTV/TS 46 weeks ago

Bodmin

I also have paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, still waiting for diagnosis of cause. I am feeling better, no caffeine, alcohol, healthy diet, moderate exercise, losing 14lbs, has all helped. I used to cycle too much, too hard, so taking things easier has helped. Stress is a big factor and getting infections like colds, flu etc doesn't help!

By *ixey and Copper OP   Couple 45 weeks ago

exeter

Thank you for your comments, nice to read a lot of positivity regarding it, and life xxx

» Add a new message to this topic