FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Coughing after covid - long covid?

Coughing after covid - long covid?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    47 weeks ago

Has anyone suffered any long term damage after covid that makes you suspectable to chest infections and persistent coughs.

And if so what route did your Dr take. This is starting to ruin my life now as I can't do my job properly as I'm unwell every other week and keep getting sent home from work which has caused me to be then put on sickness reviews. It's been going on for over 6 months, but been worse the last 3.

I can't have a social life. I feel like people are constantly looking at me like I'm infected when I start coughing in a public place.

I cough till I'm physically sick on evenings.

I have a reliever inhaler which doesn't seem to have an effect. I just want my life back

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *auti Lass and MoleCouple 47 weeks ago

Bicester

Ensure to check your oxygen levels. If they keep dropping before, during, after a coughing fit, it may require further examination.

For example, Mr had similiar 1 month after recovering. Checked his O2s, a trip to community hospital to confirm low oxygen, so a trip to A&E.

It was difficult to diagnose as the levels would occasionally go back to normal, but they did an xray, and found lots of small blood clots across both his lungs.

Treatment, and blood thinners, and he's an awful lot better.

But. Developing blood clots also means you have a higher chance to do so again in the future (covid or not), so blood thinners for life in this case.

If something isn't right, and it is worrying you get it checked out. Drs first, but if they are stumped ask for examinations at the long covid clinics, or if something is really bad, be prepared for over night stays at A&E.

Big hugs, and hope you feel better soon, complications free.

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

Inhale the steam from very salty water. Clears the lungs.

"Ensure to check your oxygen levels. If they keep dropping before, during, after a coughing fit, it may require further examination.

For example, Mr had similiar 1 month after recovering. Checked his O2s, a trip to community hospital to confirm low oxygen, so a trip to A&E.

It was difficult to diagnose as the levels would occasionally go back to normal, but they did an xray, and found lots of small blood clots across both his lungs.

But. Developing blood clots also means you have a higher chance to do so again in the future (covid or not), so blood thinners for life in this case.

If something isn't right, and it is worrying you get it checked out. Drs first, but if they are stumped ask for examinations at the long covid clinics, or if something is really bad, be prepared for over night stays at A&E.

Big hugs, and hope you feel better soon, complications free."

I've had a chest x-ray waiting on results they said 3 weeks but I am guessing if it was something on the chest x-ray I would have been contacted. Dr thinks it could be asthma but I'm not convinced as the inhaler isn't helping yet the antibiotics prescribed did help in short term but the cough came back 2 weeks later.

"Inhale the steam from very salty water. Clears the lungs. "

I'll give that a go I usually menthol steam

"Inhale the steam from very salty water. Clears the lungs.

I'll give that a go I usually menthol steam "

Menthol good for congestion but salt cleanses.

By *ischiefManaged69Couple 47 weeks ago

Chorley

"Has anyone suffered any long term damage after covid that makes you suspectable to chest infections and persistent coughs.

And if so what route did your Dr take. This is starting to ruin my life now as I can't do my job properly as I'm unwell every other week and keep getting sent home from work which has caused me to be then put on sickness reviews. It's been going on for over 6 months, but been worse the last 3.

I can't have a social life. I feel like people are constantly looking at me like I'm infected when I start coughing in a public place.

I have a reliever inhaler which doesn't seem to have an effect. I just want my life back "

Definitely ask the Dr for an X ray or a CT scan. My GP is excellent and they sent me for an X ray when I kept getting coughs and it's turned out to be something entirely different than long COVID!

Fresh air away from pollution a big help for me , but chest cough starts again when back in town, so it must be easily aggravated, don't fancy walking around with a mask on again though.Will try the steam inhaling tip with menthol drops as suggested,got to be worth a try.

"Fresh air away from pollution a big help for me , but chest cough starts again when back in town, so it must be easily aggravated, don't fancy walking around with a mask on again though.Will try the steam inhaling tip with menthol drops as suggested,got to be worth a try."

Inhaling salty water is best for clearing the lungs. Try it.

By *untimes wantedMan 47 weeks ago

My partner had a persistent cough,after covid ,No chest infections but feeling tired all the time due to lack of proper sleep from the coughing.GP was honest in that they don't fully understand the long term effects yet.All they offered was a muscle relaxer can't remember what it was called as he decided not to take it.

9 months on the cough is just about gone.

He did notice it was not as bad while at work ,He works in a sterile lab that has Air purifiers and i bought a couple for the house which seemed to help.

"Has anyone suffered any long term damage after covid that makes you suspectable to chest infections and persistent coughs.

I have a reliever inhaler which doesn't seem to have an effect. I just want my life back

Definitely ask the Dr for an X ray or a CT scan. My GP is excellent and they sent me for an X ray when I kept getting coughs and it's turned out to be something entirely different than long COVID!

"

Had a x ray, waiting on results

"Fresh air away from pollution a big help for me , but chest cough starts again when back in town, so it must be easily aggravated, don't fancy walking around with a mask on again though.Will try the steam inhaling tip with menthol drops as suggested,got to be worth a try."

Masks make it worse for me, I actually wonder because I had to wear a mask at work for 2 years that the fibres have contributed to the issue

"Fresh air away from pollution a big help for me , but chest cough starts again when back in town, so it must be easily aggravated, don't fancy walking around with a mask on again though.Will try the steam inhaling tip with menthol drops as suggested,got to be worth a try.

Masks make it worse for me, I actually wonder because I had to wear a mask at work for 2 years that the fibres have contributed to the issue "

Maybe it is my age and my old job, damage done years ago with no ppe.in dusty jobs we were given a 10p an hr pay increase to purchase milk to drink to keep the dust down !had to keep the receipt,happy days . Now my chest not so good, hopefully lessons have been learnt and people won't suffer so much.

I will get my doctor's opinion before l try inhaling salt, never heard of that ,can't be too careful.

"I will get my doctor's opinion before l try inhaling salt, never heard of that ,can't be too careful."

Google it. Salt is a natural healer. That’s why you gargle with it.

"I will get my doctor's opinion before l try inhaling salt, never heard of that ,can't be too careful.

Google it. Salt is a natural healer. That’s why you gargle with it. "

Thanks for that ,and l googled it , came to the conclusion l need to clarify it's effectiness in my case .

"I will get my doctor's opinion before l try inhaling salt, never heard of that ,can't be too careful.

Thanks for that ,and l googled it , came to the conclusion l need to clarify it's effectiness in my case ."

By *melie LALWoman 47 weeks ago

Peterborough

Thanks for that ,and l googled it , came to the conclusion l need to clarify it's effectiness in my case ."

Good, it's always best to make an informed decision.

Peterborough

"Ensure to check your oxygen levels. If they keep dropping before, during, after a coughing fit, it may require further examination.

Big hugs, and hope you feel better soon, complications free.

I've had a chest x-ray waiting on results they said 3 weeks but I am guessing if it was something on the chest x-ray I would have been contacted. Dr thinks it could be asthma but I'm not convinced as the inhaler isn't helping yet the antibiotics prescribed did help in short term but the cough came back 2 weeks later. "

Chase up the results with your GP.

By *ad NannaWoman 47 weeks ago

East London

Since coming down with Covid in December 2021 I've had a bad cough/cold, bronchiolitis, strep throat, tonsillitis, sinus problems and everything else pertaining to the ears,nose and throat every other month.

I'm currently on week 4 of a bad infection and just got antibiotics.

Last year I had the worse case of bronchiolitis I've ever had in my life. Didn't need antibiotics as I wasn't coughing up green crap, but was coughing from my chest so bad I was vomiting.

Previous to Covid I'd never had a chest infection or bronchiolitis and rarely got any throat infections.

East London

"Fresh air away from pollution a big help for me , but chest cough starts again when back in town, so it must be easily aggravated, don't fancy walking around with a mask on again though.Will try the steam inhaling tip with menthol drops as suggested,got to be worth a try.

Inhaling salty water is best for clearing the lungs. Try it. "

Do you mean inhaling it into your lungs?

East London

Do you mean inhaling it into your lungs? "

Ignore me, I thought you meant actual water, not steam.

I'm ill, forgive my stupidity

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS 47 weeks ago

dudley

I had a problem with persistent coughing that started in Oct nov 2019 before Covid came about it lingered for months/years ( I suspected it was Covid) I had Covid proper in April 2022 which wasn’t really bad but eventually got referred to long Covid clinic which was very helpful, I had already been taking my blue inhaler plus a creamy brown one which did absolutely nothing, I was then prescribed a pinky red one called fostair and within a week my coughing was gone my blood oxygen level is really good and can walk without being out of breath..... that little pink inhaler has been a life changer for me

Some great advice on here. About 8 month ago l had chest xray and the ultrasound on my chest ,all clear. I had a bad accident 4 yr ago and really damaged my chest and arm, at the time the xray was clear but l dont think it did me much good long term.l came to the conclusion my problem is caused by lots of things: previous lifestyle,injury,pollution,covid, gawd knows what else .Seems like l'm lucky compared to others who are suffering.

By *uff and FruitCouple 47 weeks ago

ely

I have LC with breathlessness and high rate when exercising in any form. Its been about 18 months from getting Covid.

I had xrays and assessments from respiratory and cardiology departments. For me it's just accepting my situation now. I contacted the doctors and a friend from the xray department informed me about the Long Covid clinic.

Thank you for everyones replies.

I haven't chased up GP yet as was told chase when it gets to 3 weeks (end of this week). I did manage 2 whole weeks without coughing so much after antibiotics but it's come back with a vengeance.

Interesting how others have talked about throat issues too as I have also been suffering with losing my voice, sore throats etc.

By *hagTonightMan 47 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

No, but allergies like hay fever can also cause a chronic dry cough.

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS 47 weeks ago

dudley

"Thank you for everyones replies.

I haven't chased up GP yet as was told chase when it gets to 3 weeks (end of this week). I did manage 2 whole weeks without coughing so much after antibiotics but it's come back with a vengeance.

Interesting how others have talked about throat issues too as I have also been suffering with losing my voice, sore throats etc.

"

forgot to say coughing was always bad as soon as I went to bed and lay down and seriously affected my sleep

I had this exact problem for about 8 months or so after my covid... i had so many tests, inhailers, tablets, xray blood tests, ect i was in the docs more then out of it. My asthma nurses heard me cough and said its whooping cough because it sounded like it, i coughed till i was sick or sometimes blacked out a second cos of the straining and lack of breath. nothing fixed it, nothing showed on any scans. It wasnt whooping cough through the bloods they did.

then suddenly winter hit and i just stopped coughing and it hadnt come back this year... i didnt know if it was a weird coughing hayfeaver corresponding with spring when it started, so was waiting to see if it started up again this year but nothing...

I didnt get any diagnoses or answers.. they ruled a million things out.. but could not tell me what it was. But started during my covid and carried on after i tested neg.

"I had this exact problem for about 8 months or so after my covid... i had so many tests, inhailers, tablets, xray blood tests, ect i was in the docs more then out of it. My asthma nurses heard me cough and said its whooping cough because it sounded like it, i coughed till i was sick or sometimes blacked out a second cos of the straining and lack of breath. nothing fixed it, nothing showed on any scans. It wasnt whooping cough through the bloods they did.

then suddenly winter hit and i just stopped coughing and it hadnt come back this year... i didnt know if it was a weird coughing hayfeaver corresponding with spring when it started, so was waiting to see if it started up again this year but nothing...

I didnt get any diagnoses or answers.. they ruled a million things out.. but could not tell me what it was. But started during my covid and carried on after i tested neg."

It's a positive thing that it finally stopped for you. Unfortunately mine started in the winter.

The sick until vomiting is horrific - I've always had a bit of a fear of being sick but it's become such a regular occurrence now as I'm sick a few times a week.

Maybe its a time thing rather then a season thing.. i saw another answer say it was similar timespan. It is good if you keep on at the doc, get bloods and scans for everything cos you can rule things out or catch things that might not be showing.. get them to give you a good mot all over until you get answers.

"I had this exact problem for about 8 months or so after my covid... i had so many tests, inhailers, tablets, xray blood tests, ect i was in the docs more then out of it. My asthma nurses heard me cough and said its whooping cough because it sounded like it, i coughed till i was sick or sometimes blacked out a second cos of the straining and lack of breath. nothing fixed it, nothing showed on any scans. It wasnt whooping cough through the bloods they did.

I didnt get any diagnoses or answers.. they ruled a million things out.. but could not tell me what it was. But started during my covid and carried on after i tested neg.

It's a positive thing that it finally stopped for you. Unfortunately mine started in the winter.

The sick until vomiting is horrific - I've always had a bit of a fear of being sick but it's become such a regular occurrence now as I'm sick a few times a week. "

It's good that you are looking for answers in every way you can ,must be frustrating not getting to the bottom of it, as previous op said laying down can make it worse when sleeping. I'm just trying to get fresh air when l can , watching what l eat in case that triggers a cough, good luck anyway!

By *I TwoCouple 47 weeks ago

Cookstown

Steam won't contain salt, water boils off leaving the salt crystallized.

It's how they make salt from seawater

By *ikiiMan 47 weeks ago

leeds

Yeah loads of the fooled people that took their jabs. I know they of a few perfectly healthy people suffering badly since getting that thing

Peterborough

It's how they make salt from seawater"

I remember doing that at school in a science lesson

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 47 weeks ago

Durham

I remember doing that at school in a science lesson "

And you will raise the boiling point so use more energy.

By *ldgeezermeMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Yeah loads of the fooled people that took their jabs. I know they of a few perfectly healthy people suffering badly since getting that thing "

Always nice to get perspective from a scientist's point of view

By *ameshertsMan 47 weeks ago

Herts

Need medical advice? Use fabguys!

Do you mean inhaling it into your lungs?

Ignore me, I thought you meant actual water, not steam.

I'm ill, forgive my stupidity "

Not stupid at all. It is good to clarify as it could go so wrong. X

It's how they make salt from seawater"

Yes it does. It’s not being condensed and filtered- do some research before talking crap.

By *andman61Couple 47 weeks ago

hereford

I had Covid just before Christmas two years ago

And was quite poorly

Suffering from asthma I struggled with my breathing for awhile

And couldn’t cough to clear my throat without it feeling like I was ripping my lungs apart

This gradually became better??

But there was still something?

This year I started having terrible pain in my ribs and chest

And went to a physio

She manipulated my chest and back

Until I started reusing my right lung properly

I wasn’t filling it fully

So I’d suggest having a look at your breathing

And if necessary get some physio

Good luck

N xx

Peterborough

Yes it does. It’s not being condensed and filtered- do some research before talking crap. "

No offence, but you didn't qualify your recommendation. Was it something that worked for you or did you read about it or hear of it from another person?

Newcastle

Yes it does. It’s not being condensed and filtered- do some research before talking crap. "

If salt evaporated with water then desalination plants wouldn't work and rain and rivers would be salty

By *otsossieMan 47 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

This thread confirms all I ever needed to know about medical opinions on Fab.

Inhaling steam isn’t a bad idea, though. No salt required, but you could add a little decongestant oil.

By *londebiguyMan 47 weeks ago

Southport

[Removed by poster at 01/06/23 13:49:25]

By *wiprRightForMeMan 47 weeks ago

spain

After having covid twice and not suffering like many others have, and having injections I know suffer from chest infections I do honestly think my immune system has been weakened I get a cold more easily, never before have I suffered to this extent. I am 60+ now still play football returned to work after a short retirement as I was bored. I do believe I have been deceived by this government and the medical advisors, yes it was my choice to be vaccinated but I believed I was doing good for myself and the many people I daily interact with.

Yes it does. It’s not being condensed and filtered- do some research before talking crap.

No offence, but you didn't qualify your recommendation. Was it something that worked for you or did you read about it or hear of it from another person?"

Proven science. Hence the reason salt baths were popular in Roman times. Still used 2000 years later- the big pharma companies try to dismiss it so they can sell you chemicals

If salt evaporated with water then desalination plants wouldn't work and rain and rivers would be salty "

Dear God. It’s filtered out. Get boiling water , put a lot of salt in it, put a small plate over the bowl allow the steam condense on the plate then lick it. Tell me if it’s salty.

"I had Covid just before Christmas two years ago

And was quite poorly

And couldn’t cough to clear my throat without it feeling like I was ripping my lungs apart

And went to a physio

Good luck

N xx"

Thanks I've actually been discussing getting chest physio through work it's high on my priority list now

By *uriouscouple83Couple 47 weeks ago

Worcester

If salt evaporated with water then desalination plants wouldn't work and rain and rivers would be salty

Dear God. It’s filtered out. Get boiling water , put a lot of salt in it, put a small plate over the bowl allow the steam condense on the plate then lick it. Tell me if it’s salty. "

By *uriouscouple83Couple 47 weeks ago

Worcester

"I had Covid just before Christmas two years ago

And was quite poorly

And went to a physio

Good luck

N xx

Thanks I've actually been discussing getting chest physio through work it's high on my priority list now "

We always swear by Mullein tea for coughing. Can’t say if it will work in your case OP but it’s worked for us when we have had colds/flu/bronchitis and even eased the symptoms of friends and relatives with asbestosis and COPD.

By *oo hotCouple 47 weeks ago

North West

I have a reliever inhaler which doesn't seem to have an effect. I just want my life back "

I had long covid symptoms and I still do not fully have my sense of smell back. Chest congestion in the morning is cleared by:

1) Brown inhaler OR

2) Not drinking too much the night before

My chest, throat and breathing seems to be much more sensitive to alcohol than it used to be but whether that is age or COVID - I don’t really know.

Newcastle

Dear God. It’s filtered out. Get boiling water , put a lot of salt in it, put a small plate over the bowl allow the steam condense on the plate then lick it. Tell me if it’s salty. "

Yes, it isn't

"Inhaling salt" is somewhere between homeopathy and snake oil

But, of course, that's what Big Pharma want you to think

It could just be post viral fatigue. My other half was coughing for a year after, and was constantly tired. It did eventually go away but it took a long time

"

We always swear by Mullein tea for coughing. Can’t say if it will work in your case OP but it’s worked for us when we have had colds/flu/bronchitis and even eased the symptoms of friends and relatives with asbestosis and COPD. "

Thank you I will give it a go

By *ess n BenCouple 47 weeks ago

Didcot

They were treating Ben for long covid until his Dr sent him for a chest X-ray

Turns out he had a lung infection and he had it for four months after covid

Dr prescribed strong antibiotics two weeks later he was fine

Long covid clinic were saying try this then try that all along it was not long covid but a lung infection

But good luck and keep pestering your Dr and hope you feel better soon x

By *opping_candyWoman 47 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

Years ago I had a persistent cough for months, and like you I'd be coughing til I was sick (was particularly fun on an empty stomach in the morning).

Chest x-ray, sputum samples etc all fine.

In the end the Dr gave me inhalers, but I think it was the brown one that really helped. I can't think what it's called. Has your GP measured your peak flow?

I do have long covid since October 2020, no cough, but shortness of breath and a tight chest. They keep prescribing me blue inhalers that don't help much, yet I don't have an asthma diagnosis or anything for that matter.

By *ensual pleasures 69Man 47 weeks ago

leeds

I’ve just come across this thread so excuse if I repeat some things.

I went on holiday and on return found it hard to breathe, so much so that I rang the drs and on hearing my struggling to talk was asked to come straight in.

My lung capacity was 26%, and I was diagnosed with asthma, given a course of steroids and blue inhaler. Slowly I improved but then started with an awful cough, I dislodged my ribs with the severity of coughing, evening was worse….sleep deprivation is torture!!

I was then given a pink inhaler…foxstair, hallelujah and relief, I was soon back to almost normal.

Move on 10 months to the summer and I’m back to where I was, had steroids again and inhalers, improving but….is it the summer??

By *irty_DeedsMan 47 weeks ago

Teesside

No offence, but you didn't qualify your recommendation. Was it something that worked for you or did you read about it or hear of it from another person?

Proven science. Hence the reason salt baths were popular in Roman times. Still used 2000 years later- the big pharma companies try to dismiss it so they can sell you chemicals "

You can't claim its proven science when it goes against one of the first things you learn in science at school.

Salt isn't present in steam. It just isn't.

By *estless nativeMan 47 weeks ago

near Glasgow

You might need a longer course of antibiotics, i had covid way back in mar/apr 2020, been in hospital a couple of times since.

One of the problems was a normal course of antibiotics didnt deal with infections in my lungs completely so i ended up on the verge of pneumonia when it took hold again.

17 days of antibiotics cleared that.

I have daily meds, a nebuliser and 2 inhalers to keep my lungs functioning.

"You might need a longer course of antibiotics, i had covid way back in mar/apr 2020, been in hospital a couple of times since.

One of the problems was a normal course of antibiotics didnt deal with infections in my lungs completely so i ended up on the verge of pneumonia when it took hold again.

17 days of antibiotics cleared that.

I have daily meds, a nebuliser and 2 inhalers to keep my lungs functioning."

I'm guessing the chest x-ray will show an infection? It's still not back frustratingly. I'm using a neb and a reliever inhaler.

By *csheffMan 47 weeks ago

Sheffield

Proven science. Hence the reason salt baths were popular in Roman times. Still used 2000 years later- the big pharma companies try to dismiss it so they can sell you chemicals You can't claim its proven science when it goes against one of the first things you learn in science at school.

Salt isn't present in steam. It just isn't."

Water vapour from salt water does not contain any salt. Its pure water....

By *urnedonTaffyMan 47 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

Doctor told a relative it could take 9 months to a year for it to clear

By *ee And MikeCouple 47 weeks ago

Cannock

I’ve had covid 7 times, I only know that because we had a rigorous testing regime at work where we had to test for making a site visit or going into the office, 5 times I didn’t even know I had covid if I hadn’t tested.

I had covid very bad two Christmas’s ago and it left me with a very bad cough, like the OP I was coughing all the time and it got embarrassing in meetings, etc. In the end everyone has just got used to me and it’s almost become the norm now.

I’ve had chest x-rays, been to the hospital respiratory clinic and been on computers with me blowing into tubes to test my breathing and so far they haven’t been able to find the problem that they can resolve to stop me coughing.

By *ess n BenCouple 47 weeks ago

Didcot

"Years ago I had a persistent cough for months, and like you I'd be coughing til I was sick (was particularly fun on an empty stomach in the morning).

Chest x-ray, sputum samples etc all fine.

In the end the Dr gave me inhalers, but I think it was the brown one that really helped. I can't think what it's called. Has your GP measured your peak flow?

I do have long covid since October 2020, no cough, but shortness of breath and a tight chest. They keep prescribing me blue inhalers that don't help much, yet I don't have an asthma diagnosis or anything for that matter."

The brown inhaler is called becotide might have the spelling wrong

It’s a preventative inhaler

By *uHorny1Man 47 weeks ago

Cannock

This sounds very like what happened to me after I had Covid in December 2020. I had repeated coughing and sneezing fits (which came from the upper part of my chest) on a daily basis for almost 2 years. Saw GP, had chest xray and ultrasound which revealed little. General health deteriorated until Dec 2022 when I went to A & E. More tests showed I had a pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs) caused partly by damage to.my lungs. Increased build up of fluid due to heart failure followed. I'm now on 6 different meds each day, but am improving.

Get some medical advice. I was very lucky.

By *hawn ScottMan 47 weeks ago

london Brixton

I had long covid and spent almost a year in bed unable make a coffee or have a shower without being out of breath and have to sleep after. I have private medical so found a good clinic but it was hell

But it was a hoax just a cold right,?

By *ldgeezermeMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle

"I had long covid and spent almost a year in bed unable make a coffee or have a shower without being out of breath and have to sleep after. I have private medical so found a good clinic but it was hell

But it was a hoax just a cold right,?"

Chemtrails, you know it was

By *a LunaWoman 46 weeks ago

Southern Wales

My mum has. Slightest cold or anything now and it goes straight to her chest and it takes ages to go. Also uses her inhalers more.

Same with my son - he uses his inhalers more now too.

I haven’t noticed a change in myself.

By *aparWoman 46 weeks ago

Lochgelly

I got covid recently and the following week came down with something else which they are putting down to post covid virus - but yeah constantly coughing (I have had a cough for years but this is different). Currently trying to get fit to go back to work but as soon as I start to talk I cough. I had avoided it until a few weeks back. I may try the salt water steam. They say its not in my chest or lungs.

By *izandpaulCouple 46 weeks ago

merseyside

Correct me if wrong but the steam from salt water contains only the water element as the salt will be left behind.

Desalination plants work on the same principle.

Gargling with salt water is totally different as the salt is in suspension.

But if it makes you feel better, good luck to you.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 46 weeks ago

Durham

Correct me if wrong but the steam from salt water contains only the water element as the salt will be left behind.

"

The salt would be in solution not suspension

Newcastle

"

The other thing to point out is that no one is inhaling steam, if they were they wouldn't be around to tell anyone

By *melie LALWoman 46 weeks ago

Peterborough

The other thing to point out is that no one is inhaling steam, if they were they wouldn't be around to tell anyone"

Are you being pedantic and differentiating between steam and vapour?

Newcastle

The other thing to point out is that no one is inhaling steam, if they were they wouldn't be around to tell anyone

Are you being pedantic and differentiating between steam and vapour?"

Nope

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

You have to keep harassing the drs, unfortunately.

I have had recurring chest infections since my second bout of COVID, and they just give me antibiotics everytime. I have an inhaler, but the cough can last week's.

By *amelaXTV/TS 44 weeks ago

Swindon

Long Covid was born on the Jeremy Vine show.

We used to call it post viral fatigue, before the new trendy name for flu came into play

By *uHorny1Man 44 weeks ago

Cannock

Had Covid badly in Dec '20. Off work for a month and went back too early. Terrible coughing and sneezing fits, as well as fatigue for nearly 2 years getting progressively worse.

So bad in 2022 I went to A&E.

Diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism (blood clots in lungs) Treated with blood thinners helped but began to feel worse again. March 2033- diagnosed with heart failure as it couldn't pump fluid out of my body. Huge weight gain alleviated by diuretics (22kg lighter now). More meds for my heart failure have resulted in a big improvement by by no means back to normal.

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

"Long Covid was born on the Jeremy Vine show.

We used to call it post viral fatigue, before the new trendy name for flu came into play"

Post viral fatigue is an umbrella term that captures a wide range of after-effects from a range of viruses.

Long-covid is specifically about the after effects of damage caused by covid.

Two different things.

By *izandpaulCouple 44 weeks ago

merseyside

The salt would be in solution not suspension "

Ooops.

Thanks for correcting me.

By *melie LALWoman 44 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Long Covid was born on the Jeremy Vine show.

We used to call it post viral fatigue, before the new trendy name for flu came into play

Post viral fatigue is an umbrella term that captures a wide range of after-effects from a range of viruses.

Long-covid is specifically about the after effects of damage caused by covid.

Two different things."

Sequelae is the term used for disease after-effects. Post viral fatigue is for tiredness/lethargy after a viral infection. The proper term for long covid should be covid 19 (or SARS CoV 2) sequelae. Sequelae can include fatigue.

What the poster did get wrong is that covid is not a flu inducing virus.

By *ackie 100Man 44 weeks ago

galway

I have a kid that has been in bed more of less since March 2020 when he had covid . He does cough when his immune is at its lowest . We put him on a trial drug LDN and for last two weeks he hasn’t been in bed . Everything is improving . Covid damage cannot be so pares to a typical post viral fatigue . It has different markers and patience need to deal with it differently . It is shit really

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

"I will get my doctor's opinion before l try inhaling salt, never heard of that ,can't be too careful."

I use sterile salt water in a nebuliser, my doctor said it's very good to use it. I have a chronic cough, possibly caused by my asthma ... i don't think they have a clue what it is though !

By *melie LALWoman 43 weeks ago

Peterborough

Impact of Steam Inhalation, Saline Gargling, and Povidone-Iodine Gargling on Clinical Outcome of COVID-19 Patients in Bengaluru, Karnataka: A Randomized Control Trial

Feel free to Google this research.

By *ameshertsMan 43 weeks ago

Herts

Great idea. Come to fabguys for medical advice. Why wouldn't you?

Peterborough

"Great idea. Come to fabguys for medical advice. Why wouldn't you?"

You've posted on fab, not fab guys

Peterborough

And what's wrong with asking for experiential advice?

By (user no longer on site) OP    42 weeks ago

you really didn't read the OP did you..... Clearly states been to GP. Had chest x-ray. Not looking for medical advice but others that had suffered the same....and I'm a female so definitely not fab guys

By *ayHaychMan 42 weeks ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

When I got covid there was a particular area of my chest (I assume lung) that was stinging really bad.

I’d never felt this before which was interesting to me, because as a child and in my early teens I was really ill with colds and flu 6-7 times a year, lasting 2 weeks at a time.

Now every time I get a cold that same area of my chest hurts and stings like hell. I haven’t mentioned it to my GP but just thought I’d throw it in here.

By *ayHaychMan 42 weeks ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

Also I read the title as cumming after covid, that’s why I clicked on it. Thought I’d missed something about covid affects on cumming!

By (user no longer on site) 42 weeks ago

I had to go onto a steroid inhaler after covid - I had a horrible -deep seated cough which just wouldn’t shift - after 3-4 months of using it got much better…

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

Poor you.ive had a cough on and off for 10 years. I was even tested for lymes disease, chest xray. I used to get bronchitis a lot. Had doxycycline for 16 days .but cough wouldnt go. So then used salbutamol inhaler. So atm im fine. When someone ill. Like cold /flu .i keep away.

By *eLost and ReFoundCouple 41 weeks ago

Yeovil

Like you I have had a cough since 2020. Lots of tests later I've got decreased lung capacity as a complication.

However I got a referral to local gym from GP started gently doing low impact classes and swimming and it's made a big improvement I no longer need my inhaler and don't cough as much. It was really hard work as I could barely walk without getting out of breath and it's still hardwork but may be worth seeing if something like this is offered in your area.

I had a health coach working with me to help assess progress etc.

By *arkjobiCouple 41 weeks ago

downham market

I’ve had very similar symptoms for last 10 months, inhalers did help but I’ve been asthma free for 25 years. Hope you find a solution

» Add a new message to this topic