FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Every story matters

Every story matters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man 46 weeks ago

Tin town

Just heard a radio advert for the enquiry i think.

The whole thing was pretty profound and shitty for me and mine. And as i drove along reflecting it bought up some horrible memories... Quite sad and angry now. But appreciate that others had very different outcomes and experiences.

Are you going to submit anything to the enquiry?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman 46 weeks ago

Leeds

If we all submit to the enquiry, how long would it take them to read and evaluate all our submissions ?

By *hagTonightMan 46 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I havent heard about it, what type of enquiry is it?

By *melie LALWoman 46 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I havent heard about it, what type of enquiry is it?"

You cannot have missed it. It's a multi-facetted enquiry into the handling of the pandemic. There's been a furore from the government over not wanting to send info to the Baroness who is heading it. They want the court to decide what they should/shouldn't send re WhatsApp. Bojo has sent his in.

By *icecouple561Couple 46 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I won't be submitting anything to the enquiry although I could. There is someone though who I feel should have letters and emails which they'd be required to read sent to them personally, detailing the experiences of people who had to watch their loved one die via zoom or grieve alone, sit alone at a funeral or go through devastating experiences without the comfort of physical contact.

By *naswingdressWoman 46 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't have faith that this will be the kind of resolution that most people need.

I may write, but it won't be for submission.

I suspect that the trauma will take more distance and longer to process. Away from the cacophony of contemporary politics.

By *lym4realCouple 46 weeks ago

plymouth

Brings back lots of bad memories for a fair few including Mr4 and trying to move on as best we can but seeing this just reopens the wounds and he's not alone in this !! but highly unlikely it will change a great deal as how many of us have sat through various news stories and then be told the weasel words " Lessons will be learnt " and then we all have to read/watch yet another horrific failure and be told "LESSONS WILL BE LEARNT " and just guess enough of us aren't that bothered or angry enough ? BUT if it comes to "Them" or their "Freind's" always more than enough cash to solve the problem or reward them with ...xxx

By *estivalMan 46 weeks ago

borehamwood

Nope wont be sending anything, i never trusted them before covid so i took everything they said with a pinch of salt anyway, therefore i wasnt surprised or pissed off when it came out about partys and all the other stuff

Tin town

I think this section has and has had a fair few regular contributors and we have all typed a lot of words and out a lot of effort and perhaps emotion into contributing to threads about it, on effectively a social media site. The enquiry (and whilst, not wishing to put words in peoples mouths) but i suspect the one thing upon which we can all agree is... Expectations of openness, honesty amd learning are very low.... But it is an official vehicle so just wondered if anyone would be participating.

By *naswingdressWoman 46 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think this section has and has had a fair few regular contributors and we have all typed a lot of words and out a lot of effort and perhaps emotion into contributing to threads about it, on effectively a social media site. The enquiry (and whilst, not wishing to put words in peoples mouths) but i suspect the one thing upon which we can all agree is... Expectations of openness, honesty amd learning are very low.... But it is an official vehicle so just wondered if anyone would be participating. "

Wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple 46 weeks ago

Pembrokeshire

"I think this section has and has had a fair few regular contributors and we have all typed a lot of words and out a lot of effort and perhaps emotion into contributing to threads about it, on effectively a social media site. The enquiry (and whilst, not wishing to put words in peoples mouths) but i suspect the one thing upon which we can all agree is... Expectations of openness, honesty amd learning are very low.... But it is an official vehicle so just wondered if anyone would be participating. "

agreed I could send them something of what happened for me, but I know it will change nothing.

"I havent heard about it, what type of enquiry is it?

You cannot have missed it. It's a multi-facetted enquiry into the handling of the pandemic. There's been a furore from the government over not wanting to send info to the Baroness who is heading it. They want the court to decide what they should/shouldn't send re WhatsApp. Bojo has sent his in."

I see yes, the pandemic and how it was handled. I may or may not write, as I was and still am sceptist about it.

Tin town

You cannot have missed it. It's a multi-facetted enquiry into the handling of the pandemic. There's been a furore from the government over not wanting to send info to the Baroness who is heading it. They want the court to decide what they should/shouldn't send re WhatsApp. Bojo has sent his in.I see yes, the pandemic and how it was handled. I may or may not write, as I was and still am sceptist about it."

See the thing is shag... For those who were / are sceptical, or the plandemic type folks... Its not really a debating forum. But a place to offically tell your story so id have thought just as valid for people of all sides of the argument to officially lodge amd contribute their input.

[Removed by poster at 15/06/23 17:26:31]

You cannot have missed it. It's a multi-facetted enquiry into the handling of the pandemic. There's been a furore from the government over not wanting to send info to the Baroness who is heading it. They want the court to decide what they should/shouldn't send re WhatsApp. Bojo has sent his in.I see yes, the pandemic and how it was handled. I may or may not write, as I was and still am sceptist about it.

See the thing is shag... For those who were / are sceptical, or the plandemic type folks... Its not really a debating forum. But a place to offically tell your story so id have thought just as valid for people of all sides of the argument to officially lodge amd contribute their input. "

I see yes, so just more about the stories about it.

Peterborough

You cannot have missed it. It's a multi-facetted enquiry into the handling of the pandemic. There's been a furore from the government over not wanting to send info to the Baroness who is heading it. They want the court to decide what they should/shouldn't send re WhatsApp. Bojo has sent his in.I see yes, the pandemic and how it was handled. I may or may not write, as I was and still am sceptist about it.

See the thing is shag... For those who were / are sceptical, or the plandemic type folks... Its not really a debating forum. But a place to offically tell your story so id have thought just as valid for people of all sides of the argument to officially lodge amd contribute their input. "

You're suggesting they may want contributions of those who did not believe it occurred?

Is it not, in essence, the govt's enquiry into the (mis)handling of the pandemic (and their preparedness)?

Peterborough

https://covid19.public-inquiry.uk

As this is the official site, I'm assuming the website will be permitted.

Active modules

Resilience and preparedness

Core UK decision-making and political governance

Impact of Covid-19 pandemic on healthcare systems in the 4 nations of the UK

Vaccines and therapeutics

Future modules

Further modules will be announced in the coming months, at which point key information will be uploaded on this page. Each module will investigate issues across the UK as a whole, including in the devolved administrations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. This will cover both ‘system’ and ‘impact’ issues across the UK including:

The care sector

Government procurement and PPE

Testing and tracing

The Government’s business and financial responses

Health inequalities and the impact of Covid-19

Education, children and young persons

Other public services, including frontline delivery by key workers...

Yeah I C&P'd

Peterborough

The site has the OP title and link.

It wants to know people's perspective of how the pandemic impacted upon them. So a sceptic's input has to still be relevant.

By *irty_DeedsMan 46 weeks ago

Teesside

If I had any faith at all that this enquiry was anything but a backhanded way to save face(after the leaked WhatsApp messages/parties etc) I'd consider participating.

As it stands though I won't be wasting my time or effort.

Neither will a lot of others who felt like their government took the utter piss out of them.

My only hope coming out of this is that nothing more serious than covid pandemic wise pops up in the next 10-20 years because there will be a lot more issues with compliance. People don't forget or forgive easily.

"The site has the OP title and link.

It wants to know people's perspective of how the pandemic impacted upon them. So a sceptic's input has to still be relevant. "

This .

Peterborough

It wants to know people's perspective of how the pandemic impacted upon them. So a sceptic's input has to still be relevant. This ."

Just in case you misunderstood me, I mean a sceptic would have to make their story relevant. An example scenario: I was furloughed and then lost my job in hospitality because of the lockdown during a pandemic that wasn't real.

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

i wonder if another new covid type pandemic started would they issue another lockdown? some countries did not. look how much was lost on home working and furlough, some office bildungsroman are still empty

It wants to know people's perspective of how the pandemic impacted upon them. So a sceptic's input has to still be relevant. This .

Just in case you misunderstood me, I mean a sceptic would have to make their story relevant. An example scenario: I was furloughed and then lost my job in hospitality because of the lockdown during a pandemic that wasn't real."

That is also ok too

Tin town

"i wonder if another new covid type pandemic started would they issue another lockdown? some countries did not. look how much was lost on home working and furlough, some office bildungsroman are still empty "

Yes i think a lot of companies took the opportunity to take costs out of their business under the cover of covid.

By *ools and the brainCouple 45 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"Just heard a radio advert for the enquiry i think.

The whole thing was pretty profound and shitty for me and mine. And as i drove along reflecting it bought up some horrible memories... Quite sad and angry now. But appreciate that others had very different outcomes and experiences.

Are you going to submit anything to the enquiry? "

I've followed your story over the past few years as I have with others.

Myself included all with stories to tell.

I'm not sure if I want to go over it all again think I'm already suffering from PTSD because of everything that happened and still physically suffering.

By *ools and the brainCouple 45 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

It wants to know people's perspective of how the pandemic impacted upon them. So a sceptic's input has to still be relevant. This ."

Difference being a sceptic can make up just about anything to justify their input.

Whereas people who were directly impacted by it don't.

However that doesn't make their point of view and perspective less important as certainly without question EVERYONE was affected and traumatised by the whole situation,but obviously if someone spent 3 weeks in intensive care and nearly died and subsequently lost family members plus still struggling physically today it's hard to sympathise with someone complaining that they couldn't go for a pint and had to stay at home with full pay!

But it seems somewhere along the way people seem to have lost humanity and compassion for those dying and suffering a horrific death because it was an inconvenience for some people.

I'd like to think that we learnt lessons from it but given some of the "it was just a cold" comments still being written I don't think so.

My personal view.

It's not the financial issue that's the biggest side effect of covid it's the loss of our compassion for others.

By *melie LALWoman 45 weeks ago

Peterborough

It wants to know people's perspective of how the pandemic impacted upon them. So a sceptic's input has to still be relevant. This .

Difference being a sceptic can make up just about anything to justify their input.

Whereas people who were directly impacted by it don't.

However that doesn't make their point of view and perspective less important as certainly without question EVERYONE was affected and traumatised by the whole situation,but obviously if someone spent 3 weeks in intensive care and nearly died and subsequently lost family members plus still struggling physically today it's hard to sympathise with someone complaining that they couldn't go for a pint and had to stay at home with full pay!

But it seems somewhere along the way people seem to have lost humanity and compassion for those dying and suffering a horrific death because it was an inconvenience for some people.

I'd like to think that we learnt lessons from it but given some of the "it was just a cold" comments still being written I don't think so.

My personal view.

It's not the financial issue that's the biggest side effect of covid it's the loss of our compassion for others."

Fortunately not everyone has lost their empathy.

By *ikeybr0Man 45 weeks ago

Newport

"i wonder if another new covid type pandemic started would they issue another lockdown? some countries did not. look how much was lost on home working and furlough, some office bildungsroman are still empty "

I think they would, now U.K. and many others have signed the pandemic treaty, it’ll be the decision of the WHO & not the government.

» Add a new message to this topic