FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > HPV/HSV - advice please

HPV/HSV - advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bwindian86 OP   Woman 46 weeks ago

Rugby

Ok so firstly please dont bash me or judge me as i just need advice from fellow people who have experienced this. Late last year i was really unwell for a good 4 weeks and my immune system pretty much shut down and had my first cold sore outbreak which was unpleasant. I took Aciclovir and it cleared up. I had my cervical screening test 2 weeks ago and a few days later a cold sore developed again. I did a bit of research and excessive heat can cause this and i was out in the sun a lot! This cleared up within a week. I have just had my cervical screening results back and i feel like crying but i dont know why. The results say HPV positive but no abnormal cells and to return in 12 months for another smear. Ive googled like crazy but not much really comes up. What does this actually mean. Please help x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman 46 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't know what it means, I'm really sorry. But I assume they're not super worried if the result is you come back in a year.

I had a worrying blood test late last year and I had a hospital appointment within three weeks.

(I use that as a comparison because it was a cancer scare, and HPV causes cervical cancer. If they thought you were at high risk of cancer, you would have been on a similar timeline to me)

By *inglelady2022Woman 46 weeks ago

inverness

Human papilloma virus can cause warts but can go away by itself.Cold sores are Herpes simplex, but not the same as genital herpes. There is a link between HPV and cervical cancer which is why they test when they take a smear. Herpes never goes, just lies dormant in your cells. If you have a cold sore you can pass it on through kissing or oral. HPV can also be passed on

By *ebauchery DivineWoman 46 weeks ago

Down in Dickleburgh Drive

The HPV might have been in your system and triggered when you were unwell.

Your body may well be able to get rid of it on it's own within the next year or two. I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry about it, there's literally nothing you can do about it. Just make sure you go for your cervical screening when it's next due.

Rugby

"The HPV might have been in your system and triggered when you were unwell.

Your body may well be able to get rid of it on it's own within the next year or two. I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry about it, there's literally nothing you can do about it. Just make sure you go for your cervical screening when it's next due. "

Thank you i 100% will attend my screening x

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

Hpv is extremely common in fact anyone who has sex will be infected with at least 1 type of hpv, there are over 100 different types of hpv, some cause warts which are benign, the types that don't cause warts are the ones to be Concerned with as they may develop into cancer eventually, just keep getting your pap smear every year and don't worry about it, skin to skin contact can spread hpv so condoms are not always effective

Rugby

"Hpv is extremely common in fact anyone who has sex will be infected with at least 1 type of hpv, there are over 100 different types of hpv, some cause warts which are benign, the types that don't cause warts are the ones to be Concerned with as they may develop into cancer eventually, just keep getting your pap smear every year and don't worry about it, skin to skin contact can spread hpv so condoms are not always effective "

Thank you i appreciate you explanation x

By *ablo minibar123Woman 46 weeks ago

Op, it may help make things clearer and help put your mind at rest a little to go on the Jo's cervical cancer trust, lots of info on HPV and support and advice if you need it

Rugby

"Op, it may help make things clearer and help put your mind at rest a little to go on the Jo's cervical cancer trust, lots of info on HPV and support and advice if you need it "

I have seen that thank you x

By *irldnCouple 45 weeks ago

Brighton

How heart warming to see people giving genuine and compassionate advice rather than the usual judgemental abuse that can happen in these forums

By *itonthesideWoman 45 weeks ago

tenerife

Ive pinched this from another recent thread but it had alot of info

HPV

WHAT IS HPV

HPV stands for: Human Papilloma Viruses. There are over 100 different strains or types of HPV and some are more high risk than others.

HPV can infect the skin and mucus membranes of the body. Here are the usual sites of infection:

Vagina

Vulva

Cervix

Anus

Rectum

Mouth

Throat

Most people will have had at least one of the HPVs in their life. In most cases it will cause no symptoms and will be cleared by your immune system. Immunity can take months or even years to achieve. When immunity is achieved, it is for that particular strain only. You can become infected with a different strain even if you have immunity to others.

HOW DO WE GET HPV?

HPV is passed through sexual intercourse, open mouth kissing, oral sex and skin on skin contact with an infected person. The risk of infection increases with the number of sexual partners.

You can reduce your risk of HPV infection by using condoms but this will not eliminate risk entirely.

You can have HPV for years without any symptoms so if you test positive for HPV this does not mean that it was acquired recently.

GENITAL WARTS

Some HPV types cause warts. HPV types 6 and 11 can cause genital warts. Genital warts can be remedied in a number of ways but the most convenient method of dealing with genital warts is the application of a cream or solution that can be prescribed by a doctor.

Genital warts are generally diagnosed by simply looking at the lesions. This can be done by an appropriately qualified healthcare professional, without the need for laboratory testing. Our partner clinic can also do photo assessments free of charge. For further details, please visit the Genital Warts information page at our partner, The Online Clinic.

The types of HPV that cause warts are low risk.

HIGH RISK HPV

Certain types of HPV can cause cell changes known as dysplasia. This type of cell change can lead to cancers. HPV types 16 and 18 cause 70% of all cancers of the cervix. There are another 12 types that cause the other 30%.

It is important to point out that most women who test positive for any of the high-risk types of HPV do not go on to develop cancers. However, if someone tests positive for any of these types of HPV then cytology is performed – this is known as a cervical smear test. This is done through your GP or gynaecologist. If abnormal cells are detected on this test then you will be referred for a procedure called a colposcopy, where the cervix is examined to confirm any abnormalities.

If the HPV has caused dysplasia then you will receive treatment to remove the abnormal cells.

It is recommended that women get tested every 3 - 5 years (depending on age) for abnormal cells or for high risk HPV.

HPV VACCINATION

Girls between the ages of 12 and 13 in the UK are offered a vaccination against some of the higher risk HPV types and also the ones that cause genital warts. This vaccination remains free on the NHS up to your 25th birthday. The STI Clinic does not offer a vaccination service.

By *uliette500Woman 45 weeks ago

Hull

Your body will very likely clear this on it's own within the next couple of years.

As long as your smear has no abnormal cells try not to worry about it. They will simply retest you in a year to see if your body has cleared it.

By *lixir of lifeMan 45 weeks ago

knob Creek

As someone who is going through horrific treatment for HPV throat cancer..

I can say from experience that treatment is brutal long and hard ..

Please everyone think about consequences whenever you play unprotected..

Mainly passed on orally I’m told by health professionals..

I don’t meet on here anymore and haven’t for a few years ..

Having something like this is life changing..

Please be careful everyone

By *adyJayneWoman 45 weeks ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"As someone who is going through horrific treatment for HPV throat cancer..

Please be careful everyone "

Omg. Hope treatment goes well.

I argue with my gum clinic every time but always always insist on an oral screening as well as blood/genital testing.

By *_T_WWoman 45 weeks ago

Leeds

I have had HPV a while back, and had to go yearly for my smear tests. On my 3rd yearly test it came back negative and had cleared on its own. I never had any symptoms or issue and as previous posts have said it’s extremely common and for most doesn’t cause any issues. X

By *lixir of lifeMan 45 weeks ago

knob Creek

I argue with my gum clinic every time but always always insist on an oral screening as well as blood/genital testing. "

Many thanks..

6 long weeks of daily treatment ahead and a couple of months recovery..

Nobody to blame but myself, thought this was harmless fun like most people do..

By *aisyDDWoman 45 weeks ago

North West

"Ok so firstly please dont bash me or judge me as i just need advice from fellow people who have experienced this. Late last year i was really unwell for a good 4 weeks and my immune system pretty much shut down and had my first cold sore outbreak which was unpleasant. I took Aciclovir and it cleared up. I had my cervical screening test 2 weeks ago and a few days later a cold sore developed again. I did a bit of research and excessive heat can cause this and i was out in the sun a lot! This cleared up within a week. I have just had my cervical screening results back and i feel like crying but i dont know why. The results say HPV positive but no abnormal cells and to return in 12 months for another smear. Ive googled like crazy but not much really comes up. What does this actually mean. Please help x"

Don’t panic if there’s no abnormal cells. They’ll want you back to make sure you’ve cleared it or not.

I had this years ago after having to fight with the docs telling them I wasn’t well. I had the worst grade cells and they managed to clear it which was a miracle. I’ve had it since but it cleared itself that time. I don’t understand why they don’t check men for it but guess it’s cos it’s not giving them cancer!

By *ictor1971Man 45 weeks ago

Ipswich

[Removed by poster at 27/06/23 22:24:40]

Ipswich

[Removed by poster at 27/06/23 22:26:46]

Ipswich

"I have had HPV a while back, and had to go yearly for my smear tests. On my 3rd yearly test it came back negative and had cleared on its own. I never had any symptoms or issue and as previous posts have said it’s extremely common and for most doesn’t cause any issues. X "

You say you had HPV a while back but that’s an outbreak, you can never get rid of HPV once you’ve had it and even though you may not have any signs of it, you still have the potential to pass it on, anyone fingering or doing oral on you without any protection can catch it and even using a condom doesn’t totally stop it spreading.

Ipswich

"Your body will very likely clear this on it's own within the next couple of years.

As long as your smear has no abnormal cells try not to worry about it. They will simply retest you in a year to see if your body has cleared it."

I’m not sure where you get your information from but HPV will always be in your body, you can’t get rid of it, your immune system could help prevent outbreaks but you will always have the potential to pass it on.

By *urse234Woman 45 weeks ago

somewhere in Essex

I argue with my gum clinic every time but always always insist on an oral screening as well as blood/genital testing.

Many thanks..

Nobody to blame but myself, thought this was harmless fun like most people do.."

I look after after people with Head and Neck Cancer, and going through treatment like you are. hope your doing ok. Xxx

By *anted by NightMan 45 weeks ago

Shangri-la

"Your body will very likely clear this on it's own within the next couple of years.

As long as your smear has no abnormal cells try not to worry about it. They will simply retest you in a year to see if your body has cleared it.

I’m not sure where you get your information from but HPV will always be in your body, you can’t get rid of it, your immune system could help prevent outbreaks but you will always have the potential to pass it on."

I don’t know where you get your information from. Hpv and Hsv are two different things

By *atoza RitchieWoman 45 weeks ago

Looneyville

"The HPV might have been in your system and triggered when you were unwell.

Your body may well be able to get rid of it on it's own within the next year or two. I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry about it, there's literally nothing you can do about it. Just make sure you go for your cervical screening when it's next due.

Thank you i 100% will attend my screening x"

Tested positive for HPV last year and just had my follow up smear a few weeks ago. Not overly concerned but it's at the back of my mind as it's the first time I've had anything other than "all clear".

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

Hope all ok and things sort themselves out. I wonder why men are not tested for this. Know very little other than there is no test for the male is that correct? Should men just get the standard std tests to ensure they are clear? Thoughts? Hope your not feeling too poorly from this result op

By *luttyLaylaWoman 45 weeks ago

North West

HPV and HSV are very different things.

Most people will get HPV at some point if they are sexually active.

Please call your GP or nip into the pharmacy to speak to a pharmacist if you want further details and to discuss your results… there is a lot of incorrect advice on here

I’ve had lots of cervical screenings and preventative procedures- it’s not so scary when you full understand.

I use condoms for all play, including oral

By *onballer9Man 45 weeks ago

west midlands

"Ok so firstly please dont bash me or judge me as i just need advice from fellow people who have experienced this. Late last year i was really unwell for a good 4 weeks and my immune system pretty much shut down and had my first cold sore outbreak which was unpleasant. I took Aciclovir and it cleared up. I had my cervical screening test 2 weeks ago and a few days later a cold sore developed again. I did a bit of research and excessive heat can cause this and i was out in the sun a lot! This cleared up within a week. I have just had my cervical screening results back and i feel like crying but i dont know why. The results say HPV positive but no abnormal cells and to return in 12 months for another smear. Ive googled like crazy but not much really comes up. What does this actually mean. Please help x"
Sorry to hear this, wishing you a speedy and full recovery xx

By *ust RachelTV/TS 42 weeks ago

Eastbourne

Many thanks..

Nobody to blame but myself, thought this was harmless fun like most people do.."

Not to mention the years of check ups afterwards.

By * lolita xWoman 42 weeks ago

North

I’m not sure where you get your information from but HPV will always be in your body, you can’t get rid of it, your immune system could help prevent outbreaks but you will always have the potential to pass it on."

Please stop spreading things that are not true. Hpv can be got rid of by your body. Think you are confusing it with herpes virus which can not

By *otsMan 42 weeks ago

Higham

My other half was tested 2 yrs ago I think during a smear they found no abnormal cells and she's been back several times given the all clear but they will keep and eye on her because she had a kidney transplant.

If your unfortunate enough to have ylto have a transplant the drugs although keeping your transplant alive have other consequences one of those is open to every disease known to man because of the immunesupresent drugs.

Some people are lucky and shake it off some need monitoring and treatment.

Best leave it to the proffesionals see a GP who'll refer you to a specialist.

Stop! Googling! Ypu'll just scare yourself silly probably for no reason.

Before blokes get smug on here it effects blokes too!!!

By *otsMan 42 weeks ago

Higham

Apologies fingers like pigs _otsits

By *uliette500Woman 42 weeks ago

Hull

I get my information from the training I have been given as part of my job.

Your body can definitely rid itself of HPV.

I believe you maybe confusing HPV with HSV which is very different and stays in your system for life.

By *ogerBottomsMan 42 weeks ago

Aberdare

"Cold sores are Herpes simplex, but not the same as genital herpes."

Both HSV1 (cold sores) and HSV2 (genital) are herpes simplex viruses. That's what HSV stands for. You can get HSV1 on your genitals from oral sex with someone who has a cold sore, or HSV2 on your mouth from oral sex with someone who has a genital outbreak. However, while an initial infection might take place, subsequent outbreaks are rare, because the virus doesn't thrive in the 'wrong' location. Genital HSV1 transfers are, to all intents and purposes, unheard of.

By *ogerBottomsMan 42 weeks ago

Aberdare

"I believe you maybe confusing HPV with HSV which is very different and stays in your system for life. "

It does, but it's manageable. I know plenty of people with genital HSV2. It's basically an annoying skin complaint. Just don't play during outbreaks and don't be scared of it.

By (user no longer on site) 42 weeks ago

This is completely incorrect. Your body can overcome HPV. It's quite normal for a smear to show it then it be gone by the next smear.

HSV stays within your system for life however a lot of people carry it without knowing as you will only know if you have a outbreak of the virus

[Removed by poster at 16/07/23 21:05:54]

Info about hpv.. look at " jo's trust".

All factual info

By *arktightsMan 42 weeks ago

banchory

I had genital warts (I am also prone to warts on the fingers - but these are a different virus)

I had mine diagnosed by an on-line doctor who was/is licensed to prescribe. The cream is called Aldara (5%) and is applied directly to the wart every other day….it was extremely effective and the warts cleared up within a out two weeks - and have not recurred

For comparison I apply salycilic acid (Bazooka is one of the OTC treatments) to the occasional wart on my fingers and this is no where near as effective as the Aldara

As stated…this is a viral infection that the body can fight but most of us probably have it !

I have had no recurrence of the genital wart for about 12 months.

By *aintscoupleCouple 42 weeks ago

st helens

[Removed by poster at 22/07/23 18:44:05]

By *oubledongCouple 42 weeks ago

Ferndown, Dorset

Note, adults can now get the HPV vaccine, I had mine at a private clinic a few years back, but you can now get them at places like Superdrug.

The vaccine protects against some of the variants that are linked with cancer. There is a bit of misinformation being touted online that the vaccine is only for people who are yet to be sexually active. The reason being that due to the prevalence of HPV it is likely that you will be in contact with it, the implication being it is too late then. It is never too late, as even if you have been infected with HPV, the chances are it is not one of the more sinister variants, the vaccine will still help protect you against those, even if you have already come into contact with dozens of the other variants.

Try not to worry too much. The HPV will clear itself, the annual check will show this and make sure that it hasn't damaged any cervical cells.

A couple of years ago I caught HPV from someone, either through skin to skin or from the one and only guy I didn't use protection with who had had a full STI check before doing so.

The fact that they don't test for this more regularly is ridiculous! Claiming that it is pointless as so many people have had it. I have had to have 6monthly smears and biopsys as mine did give me cell changes which so far have not turned into anything more serious.

HPV clear but dodgy cells remain! There really isn't any real way to protect yourself from this either unless you wrap yourself in clingfilm and never touch another human being ever again!

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS 42 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Note, adults can now get the HPV vaccine, I had mine at a private clinic a few years back, but you can now get them at places like Superdrug.

The vaccine protects against some of the variants that are linked with cancer. There is a bit of misinformation being touted online that the vaccine is only for people who are yet to be sexually active. The reason being that due to the prevalence of HPV it is likely that you will be in contact with it, the implication being it is too late then. It is never too late, as even if you have been infected with HPV, the chances are it is not one of the more sinister variants, the vaccine will still help protect you against those, even if you have already come into contact with dozens of the other variants."

Will private clinics provide the service to any age group? On NHS I think it was available to age 45 and under.

Cx

By *wendolineFoxWoman 42 weeks ago

Chester

"Note, adults can now get the HPV vaccine, I had mine at a private clinic a few years back, but you can now get them at places like Superdrug.

The vaccine protects against some of the variants that are linked with cancer. There is a bit of misinformation being touted online that the vaccine is only for people who are yet to be sexually active. The reason being that due to the prevalence of HPV it is likely that you will be in contact with it, the implication being it is too late then. It is never too late, as even if you have been infected with HPV, the chances are it is not one of the more sinister variants, the vaccine will still help protect you against those, even if you have already come into contact with dozens of the other variants.

Will private clinics provide the service to any age group? On NHS I think it was available to age 45 and under.

Cx"

I checked a couple of months ago - available to u45s but only private. I booked with Boots, had them cancel on me and am now considering if it’s worth the hassle…

By *asterR and slut mayaMan 42 weeks ago

Bradford

Seamd madness that this isn't available on NHS for every one .

By *oubledongCouple 41 weeks ago

Ferndown, Dorset

Apparently upto 45 is the age it has been clinically trialed for, so licensed for. I must have had either a good or lax private GP that gave me mine as I was over 45 at the time.

Over 45 doesn’t mean it doesn’t work or is dangerous, it just means there is no data to prove it will work. I suppose it is all about the cost of doing trials, probably cheaper to have a smaller group of people. I would quite like to get the newer Gardasil 9 that protects against more of the dangerous strains, as l had the original that only protected against the two main ones and a couple that cause warts.

By *antric_lover77Woman 41 weeks ago

south east

Many thanks..

I don't play much and very selective who I meet from fab but so many on here want oral but with no protection used. I don't know how you would get around this apart from don't meet people like you done? Couldn't you wear a condom to continue swinging and just do penetration?

By *ecretescapeCouple 41 weeks ago

Staffs

Alot of women will screen positive this at some point (it's very common) and usually it goes away on its own with time, it does increase risk of cervical cancer so they screen you more regularly while you are hpv positive.

Apart from that just carry on as normal and use condoms for sex.

By *1northerncouple98Couple 41 weeks ago

huddersfield

I had HPV a number of years ago and it goes away on its own.

It’s basically just a virus that’s able to be passed on via sex, and *can* but doesn’t always cause genital warts and *can* lead to cervical cancer but this is very rare.

You can pop me a message if you’d like, but please don’t worry about it. Just stay protected so you don’t pass it on

By *urreyVixenStagCouple 41 weeks ago

Staines

[Removed by poster at 23/07/23 12:25:03]

By * lolita xWoman 41 weeks ago

North

"It's a positive for Human Papilloma Virus.

What would I do? I'd investigate Hulda Clark and get her zapper. They cost around £120 or so.

There are other safe but potent therapies available too, but don't want to go into them here. Please just drop me line if interested in more info. Unfortunately cant send you any private message due to your restrictions which is understandable on a site like this. Anyway, Take care."

Oh the lady who says she can cure cancer and AIDS by zapping them lol.

There is no cure for HPV but you body can get rid of it over time

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 41 weeks ago

Durham

What would I do? I'd investigate Hulda Clark and get her zapper. They cost around £120 or so.

There are other safe but potent therapies available too, but don't want to go into them here. Please just drop me line if interested in more info. Unfortunately cant send you any private message due to your restrictions which is understandable on a site like this. Anyway, Take care.

Oh the lady who says she can cure cancer and AIDS by zapping them lol.

There is no cure for HPV but you body can get rid of it over time "

She sadly died of cancer too.

By *oubledongCouple 41 weeks ago

Ferndown, Dorset

There are other safe but potent therapies available too, but don't want to go into them here. Please just drop me line if interested in more info. Unfortunately cant send you any private message due to your restrictions which is understandable on a site like this. Anyway, Take care."

Snake oil preying on peoples insecurities. Don’t worry about being diagnosed with HPV, and certainly don’t be drawn in by fake treatments.

One thing that may ease your anxiety is to find out what variant you have been diagnosed. Something like 87% of all cancers caused by HPV are from two of the variants, 16 and 18. Chances are you have one of the more than 100 other variants. Even people that have variant 16 or 18, less than 5% go on to develop cancer.

Best advice is, stay in touch with you clinic, that will monitor your situation and give you any real treatment you need. Once you have cleared the infection as most people do, then if you are under 45 get the vaccine.

The majority of people that go on to develop cancer have other health conditions that prevent you immune system effectively clearing the infection.

I know it is hard not to think o& the worst, but try your best to think on the upside, that you are far more likely to clear the infection and have no further trouble.

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

It means almost nothing. It is a very common virus, almost everyone with sex life had had it at some point. The only issue is that it increases to chances of cervical cancer, but it is not cancer itself, and regular screening is more than enough to be on the safe side. Nowadays children get vaccinated against it, hoping that it will reduce the future cases of cervical cancer. You are perfectly fine

By *ory_xWoman 41 weeks ago

42 Wallaby Way Syndey

I had HPV on my womenly MOT last year and it is very important to go yearly after that. Unfortunately for me the cells have changed this year so I have to have investigations to see if they are okay, pre cancerous or cancerous. I always practice same sex even when sharing toys. Dont worry this year just wait to be tested next year and you will more than likely be clear xx

By *itonthesideWoman 41 weeks ago

tenerife

Cx

I checked a couple of months ago - available to u45s but only private. I booked with Boots, had them cancel on me and am now considering if it’s worth the hassle…"

They don’t offer it on the nhs because its most likely useless. Since the majority of sexually active people get it at some point , if you are sexually active the odds are you had it and cleared it already at some point in your life. This makes the vaccine ineffective. They didn’t even test for hpv til the vaccine was around (they checked for abnormal cells instead) so most wouldn’t even know. This was a private doctor doing my colposcopy that i would have been paying to give me the vaccine who told me this. He could have made money off me easily if he wanted to but told me it was a waste of time and money to get it done when I’ve been positive in the past.

By *ust RachelTV/TS 41 weeks ago

Eastbourne

From the NHS website.

Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the name of a very common group of viruses. They do not cause any problems in most people, but some types can cause genital warts or cancer.

HPV affects the skin. There are more than 100 different types.

If you have ever kissed or shared bodily fluids then HPV has likely been a factor in your life, as a species we are pretty gross and spread very common illnesses, like HPV virals, around.

By *iss LovelyWoman 41 weeks ago

Here and There

I had a HPV positive smear about 18 months ago, then my follow up 12 months later was clear; my body had managed to get rid of it.

I was very worried about the positive HPV because 10 years ago I had an abnormal smear and had to have 2 LLETZ Loop procedures to treat it.

Everything seems to be ok now. Fingers crossed it stays that way for us both OP. It likely will.

By *uckyoutooWoman 41 weeks ago

Selby ish

HPV is an abbreviation of the human papilomavirus it is not in any way related to the herpes simllex virus which causes cold sores. HpV causes genital warts and can lead to cervical cancer x

I’ve been HPV positive, but with abnormal cells. I had a cone biopsy as treatment.

They are completely unrelated.

Many cases of HPV clear up, and without our regular smears, we’d probably never know. Don’t worry about it, your cells are clear so they likelihood is it’ll be clear by next year.

Mrs

By *ymac580Man 41 weeks ago

Derby

Cold sores are ironically often triggered by hot weather

Stress

Being run down

By * lolita xWoman 41 weeks ago

North

"Cold sores are ironically often triggered by hot weather

Stress

Being run down "

Cold sores have nothing to do with HPV

By *wendolineFoxWoman 41 weeks ago

Chester

The number of people that don’t understand the difference between HSV and HPV is quite honestly terrifying.

(In other news, I decided to get the vaccination, as by some miracle all my smear tests have been negative for HPV. That’s Thursday’s fun.)

By *earlDivingCouple 41 weeks ago

Chester

HPV vaccine has finally been extended to cover boys as well as girls (linked to huge rise in oral cancers in men).

Men who also have sex with men can get the vaccine for free btw.

Otherwise both men and older women (under 45 though) who weren't vaccinated can still buy it. It covers the main ones linked to cancers and genital warts. I'd really recommend looking into it.

By *fkcpl4groupCouple 41 weeks ago

Norwich

Op please speak to your nurse if your upset, they will help put your mind at rest.

If your health trust is the same as Norfolk they will do 3 yearly smears then they will refer you to the hospital for a colposcopy. Where they will look for changes and take a biopsy. No worse than a smear just more staff lol.

As others have said it’s unusual for hpv to not clear itself and sending u after the 3rd is really crossing the t’s and doting the eyes if you have no cell changes beforehand.

By *manda-JeanTV/TS 40 weeks ago

Ashford, Kent

I was vaccinated at my local nhs gu clinic in 2021.

That didn't cost me anything.

Unless the criteria have changed in the last 2 years.x

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

I have had HPV (or been diagnosed with) for the last three years, I hoped this year I would have a clear smear, I even gave you smoking last year in the hope it would help but sadly not, I also have had abnormal cells detected in my last smear, so off for a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks.

Rest assure OP, it is perfectly "normal" to have HPV, I have zero "symptoms" with it, it might not go away by your next smear but I think this is fairly normal.

Danish x

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"I have had HPV (or been diagnosed with) for the last three years, I hoped this year I would have a clear smear, I even gave you smoking last year in the hope it would help but sadly not, I also have had abnormal cells detected in my last smear, so off for a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks.

Rest assure OP, it is perfectly "normal" to have HPV, I have zero "symptoms" with it, it might not go away by your next smear but I think this is fairly normal.

Danish x"

Colposcopy*

By *unnybunsWoman 35 weeks ago

Between here and over there

As a former cervical screening technician I can say a lot of women have HPV- like it’s VERY common.

They will just need to check your cervix for abnormal cell changes. They usually start from CIN 1 CIN3 (pre cancerous changes) to cancer in situ. I am one of the people with it- it is what it is- just get yourself checked regular and you will be fine

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

I had a Lletz for CIN 3 a few years ago after my smear detected HPV. Every follow up smear I have had had thankfully been clear of HPV so far. Very common.

By *issC_UseMeWoman 35 weeks ago

London & South Coast

I had a smear come back positive for HPV years ago. They went as far as doing a biopsy but it didn't show up anything if concern and, like you, I think I just had to have more regular smear tests for the next couple of cycles. I've never tested positive since. I wouldn't worry, they know what they're doing, that's why they want to keep an eye on it.

By *unnybunsWoman 35 weeks ago

Between here and over there

"I had a Lletz for CIN 3 a few years ago after my smear detected HPV. Every follow up smear I have had had thankfully been clear of HPV so far. Very common."

It so is. Glad you are on the mend. Take care is the only advice I can offer girlies and get yourself checked out

[Removed by poster at 07/09/23 12:55:51]

If you suck a guys cock you can pass on Herpes and the poor guy can get genial Herpes. You can pass this on even if you don't have a cold sore outbreak.

By *littlteBitMoreWoman 35 weeks ago

Scotland

"If you suck a guys cock you can pass on Herpes and the poor guy can get genial Herpes. You can pass this on even if you don't have a cold sore outbreak. "

Genial herpes huh.

I did wonder what prompted your other thread

I just think it is crazy that there are people out there that don't seem to care about their health and the health of others.

Surely people people know if they have an std or sti if their is evidence. I just feel there are to many people who don't care for their health and those of others.

I guess the lesson is, don't play with others unless you prepared to risk your health.

By *littlteBitMoreWoman 35 weeks ago

Scotland

"I guess the lesson is, don't play with others unless you prepared to risk your health. "

Between this and your own thread on the subject you are showing yourself to be pretty nasty. Only one talking about about risking their health is you! So maybe your lesson is, stop sucking other mens cocks?

By *lirty23Woman 35 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"I guess the lesson is, don't play with others unless you prepared to risk your health.

Between this and your own thread on the subject you are showing yourself to be pretty nasty. Only one talking about about risking their health is you! So maybe your lesson is, stop sucking other mens cocks?"

That last bit made me laugh

By *inkystar1Woman 34 weeks ago

Heathfield

70% of the population have it without realising. You may have it and have no symptoms.

All you can do is take precautions when you have an outbreak

» Add a new message to this topic