FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid

Covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hirley OP   Man 41 weeks ago

somewhere

Anyone had covid recently? Just wondering what symptoms they got and if they're OK now?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *melie LALWoman 41 weeks ago

Peterborough

How recent?

somewhere

"How recent?"

Good question, I guess it's subjective, but I've not known many get it in the last few months, I guess I was just wondering if it has mutated to other symptoms seen as it would definitely still be infecting people

By *uality By DesignMan 41 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

By *hagTonightMan 41 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

No, just the normal seasonal hay fever symptoms

By *estivalMan 41 weeks ago

borehamwood

"Anyone had covid recently? Just wondering what symptoms they got and if they're OK now?"
id doubt you would know if people have had it amongst freinds family and workmates i dont know a single person who is even testing for it anymore

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it…."

Noooope.

somewhere

"Anyone had covid recently? Just wondering what symptoms they got and if they're OK now?id doubt you would know if people have had it amongst freinds family and workmates i dont know a single person who is even testing for it anymore"

I knew about it when I had it, really painful around my chest, that I'd never had with any other virus, second worst pain to maybe one or two other things infact

Peterborough

"How recent?

Good question, I guess it's subjective, but I've not known many get it in the last few months, I guess I was just wondering if it has mutated to other symptoms seen as it would definitely still be infecting people "

I contracted it for the first time end of April.

Peterborough

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it…."

It's the "same" as in it's a virus. But a totally different virus.

I got a positive test last night. All my muscles ache, temp of 42, cant eat, can't breath, my body is swollen, head is thumping, feel sick and so dizzy its hard to walk.

somewhere

"I got a positive test last night. All my muscles ache, temp of 42, cant eat, can't breath, my body is swollen, head is thumping, feel sick and so dizzy its hard to walk."

I had most of these when I had it 18 months ago. Like I say the most prominent thing was not able to breathe properly. It was just a deep cough to start with, no smell/taste loss, slight taste change and a consistent what I can only describe metallic smell; I liken it to the smell of a frying pan warming up... but the fever started after the cough, which was strange as I had no other symptoms at the time that started. Then the belt buckle round the chest that hospitalised me, thought I was dying. Took months to recover, but I never once had a headache like some people say or sore throat or anything. So just interested that might be a marker to watch out for.

Lastly I am sorry that you are suffering, hope you make a good quick recovery.

somewhere

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

It's the "same" as in it's a virus. But a totally different virus."

I expect that explaining is wasted for that comment is an effort to be facetious about covid

Peterborough

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

It's the "same" as in it's a virus. But a totally different virus.

I expect that explaining is wasted for that comment is an effort to be facetious about covid"

You couldn't be more wrong. It was a succinct way to state the same and the difference

Peterborough

"I got a positive test last night. All my muscles ache, temp of 42, cant eat, can't breath, my body is swollen, head is thumping, feel sick and so dizzy its hard to walk."

A temp of 42 is extraordinarily high. Anyone experiencing 40(+) should immediately call 999. It's a medical emergency.

I have medically trained personel in the house. We managed to get the temp down over night to 38.5. That has obviously helped the headache and mobility but the breathlessness is a challenge. Just having a bath and getting changed etc feels like I've done a full on gym sesh.

Peterborough

"I have medically trained personel in the house. We managed to get the temp down over night to 38.5. That has obviously helped the headache and mobility but the breathlessness is a challenge. Just having a bath and getting changed etc feels like I've done a full on gym sesh."

You're very fortunate then.

I will never find enough words to be able to explain how fortunate I am. How amazing she is for me and the children. A real life wonder woman.

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it…."

My experience is that Flu is far worse and lasts a minimum of a week.

COVID was horrendous but only lasted 2 days for me. Tested positive for well over a week, but other than the horrendous 2 days, I was fine!

By *uality By DesignMan 41 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"I expect that explaining is wasted for that comment is an effort to be facetious about covid"

I’m presuming that comment is directed at me.

By *moothshaftMan 40 weeks ago

Coventry

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it…."

Well said.

By *ill69888Couple 40 weeks ago

cheltenham

3.5 years in and still not had covid despite supposedly immunocompromised….. maybe I am just lucky, eh?….

By *teveuk77Man 40 weeks ago

uk

I tested positive today for the first time. Had some lateral flow tests spare. I had been in contact with someone who tested positive and I was feeling unwell so thought I would give it a go.

Bit of a headache and sniffles but other than that I am ok at the moment.

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple 40 weeks ago

Somerset

I’ve had it three times, the last time, this time last year, and each time it was progressively less bad. The last time was like a very mild cold that was hardly even an inconvenience. The first time wasn’t great but no worse than a chest infection. I hate Bojo as much as the next sane individual but the perhaps only good thing he did was end all the testing and restrictions despite many in the scientific elite saying it would kill tens of thousands doing so.

By *alcon43Woman 40 weeks ago

Paisley

I’ve two friends who have tested positively this week. I’m currently in bed with many of the covid symptoms but I’ve no tests so I don’t know if it’s covid or not.

It’s on the increase but many don’t have tests to confirm it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 40 weeks ago

Central

The infection levels have been up but are still very, very low. A guy serving in a restaurant told me had a cold, earlier this week. Without testing, I assume that few will know the difference, in the acute phase, at present, as I've not heard of more severe strains getting around.

That said, anyone may become severely unwell as well as have chronic long COVID symptoms

By *immyinreadingMan 40 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Anyone had covid recently? Just wondering what symptoms they got and if they're OK now?"

My sister and mother have it at the moment.

Mother isn’t too bad, but sister can’t get her head off the pillow

henley on thames

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it…."

Similar in terms of severity, in most cases.

But no. Not the same thing.

uk

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

But no. Not the same thing. "

I disagree with severity but agree its certainly not the same thing. The flu will almost certainly leave you unable to get out of bed and has some pretty nasty symptoms. Covid ranges from no symptoms to death.

I tested positive yesterday. Banging headache but i worked as normal. Today, just a bit of a build up in my nose and throat but no pain and head is fine. It's more like a very minor cold.

By *melie LALWoman 40 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

I disagree with severity but agree its certainly not the same thing. The flu will almost certainly leave you unable to get out of bed and has some pretty nasty symptoms. Covid ranges from no symptoms to death.

I tested positive yesterday. Banging headache but i worked as normal. Today, just a bit of a build up in my nose and throat but no pain and head is fine. It's more like a very minor cold."

They are both viruses. They both have a range of symptoms. They both have a range of severity from mild to severe. They both will affect different people differently at different times. There are too many variables to state which is worse. Hopefully, the exposure, the vaccines, the mutations, will have this Corona virus like the many others that do exist in the "common cold" pool.

Besides, you're a man, and we all know man flu is the deadliest virus around

By *chochamberWoman 40 weeks ago

LIMERICK

I think I had it last weekend. I went on a 3 hour light headed cleaning spree on saturday (which is exactly what happened on the last occasion I tested positive for covid), unsettled and cleaned loads of dusty services, bleached and washed my floors.thought maybe my sinus pain was due to the dust and bleach.

Was wrecked afterwards, my sinus s were tender, my throat was dry, my glands were swollen. I got up and showered on Sunday, and I looked like crap, my skin had blemishes and I just looked washed out and grey.

I had no energy Monday and Tuesday and my glands were still swollen. I had a soft tissue infection, whole head was sore.

I started feeling myself on Wednesday.

I think it was covid, as it wasvery similar to when I tested positive in April, whole head pain, where my gums and teeth felt achey and no energy and a bit foggy brained.

henley on thames

"I think I had it last weekend. I went on a 3 hour light headed cleaning spree on saturday (which is exactly what happened on the last occasion I tested positive for covid), unsettled and cleaned loads of dusty services, bleached and washed my floors.thought maybe my sinus pain was due to the dust and bleach.

Was wrecked afterwards, my sinus s were tender, my throat was dry, my glands were swollen. I got up and showered on Sunday, and I looked like crap, my skin had blemishes and I just looked washed out and grey.

I had no energy Monday and Tuesday and my glands were still swollen. I had a soft tissue infection, whole head was sore.

I started feeling myself on Wednesday.

I think it was covid, as it wasvery similar to when I tested positive in April, whole head pain, where my gums and teeth felt achey and no energy and a bit foggy brained. "

… if only there was some sort of test!

By *chochamberWoman 40 weeks ago

LIMERICK

No point in testing now, I m over the worst of it.

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

This is the only place i see or hear the subject mentioned. So why would that be ?

By *ussy KatWoman 40 weeks ago

louth

My friend just back from France, lives in north London, has it very bad, bed ridden with temp over 40

henley on thames

"This is the only place i see or hear the subject mentioned. So why would that be ? "

Some people determined to not move on

henley on thames

"No point in testing now, I m over the worst of it. "

Yeah, doesn’t matter if you’re positive and give it to someone else

By *ob198XaMan 40 weeks ago

teleford

"3.5 years in and still not had covid despite supposedly immunocompromised….. maybe I am just lucky, eh?…."

You won’t be the only one. Similarly there are more than one and the same circumstances who were not so lucky, we don’t hear from those….

uk

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

I tested positive yesterday. Banging headache but i worked as normal. Today, just a bit of a build up in my nose and throat but no pain and head is fine. It's more like a very minor cold.

They are both viruses. They both have a range of symptoms. They both have a range of severity from mild to severe. They both will affect different people differently at different times. There are too many variables to state which is worse. Hopefully, the exposure, the vaccines, the mutations, will have this Corona virus like the many others that do exist in the "common cold" pool.

Besides, you're a man, and we all know man flu is the deadliest virus around "

It's the same thing if you think that a Fiat 500 is the same as a Ferarri because they are both Italian cars. Maybe that's a woman thing?

Both viruses but very different. One is a influenza virus and the other is a coronavirus.

Flu is more like a bad cold or worse. Most people with covid in 2023 have no symptoms or very minor (like a mild cold).

Peterborough

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

It's the same thing if you think that a Fiat 500 is the same as a Ferarri because they are both Italian cars. Maybe that's a woman thing?

Both viruses but very different. One is a influenza virus and the other is a coronavirus.

Flu is more like a bad cold or worse. Most people with covid in 2023 have no symptoms or very minor (like a mild cold)."

You're responding to my post but I didn't say it was the same thing

henley on thames

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

Flu is more like a bad cold or worse. Most people with covid in 2023 have no symptoms or very minor (like a mild cold)."

… and some have very serious symptoms, like death. Luckily that is less common now, as the virus weakens. But let’s not pretend that it wasn’t dangerous

uk

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

Flu is more like a bad cold or worse. Most people with covid in 2023 have no symptoms or very minor (like a mild cold).

… and some have very serious symptoms, like death. Luckily that is less common now, as the virus weakens. But let’s not pretend that it wasn’t dangerous "

As I said above, covid has a range of severity from no symptoms to death so very much not pretending anything.

uk

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

You're responding to my post but I didn't say it was the same thing "

You weren't differentiating them though.

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

There is an outbreak of covid in a hospital not far from me, and two nursing homes that I know of in a wider area.

Peterborough

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

You weren't differentiating them though."

And you are? You state one is like a bad cold and one is like a mild cold! Which is wrong!

By *irty_DeedsMan 40 weeks ago

Teesside

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

And you are? You state one is like a bad cold and one is like a mild cold! Which is wrong!"

Can you even differentiate them apart from saying one is a Coronavirus and one is an influenza virus? You certainly can't based on severity of symptoms cause both can range from zero symptoms to death.

Unless it's manflu, class of its own

Peterborough

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

And you are? You state one is like a bad cold and one is like a mild cold! Which is wrong!

Can you even differentiate them apart from saying one is a Coronavirus and one is an influenza virus? You certainly can't based on severity of symptoms cause both can range from zero symptoms to death.

Unless it's manflu, class of its own "

My point or points, exactly.

uk

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

And you are? You state one is like a bad cold and one is like a mild cold! Which is wrong!"

How many times have you heard people say that they have had the flu. How many times have you heard someone say to such a person that they would struggle to get out of bed if they did have the flu?

The vast majority of people getting covid now are having minor symptoms. The virus has weakened and our bodies have some resistance to it.

If you got 100 people with covid and 100 people with flu and asked them their symptoms, I am fairly confident that those with covid would have symptoms similar to a mild cold and those with flu would have more severe symptoms.

uk

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

And you are? You state one is like a bad cold and one is like a mild cold! Which is wrong!Can you even differentiate them apart from saying one is a Coronavirus and one is an influenza virus? You certainly can't based on severity of symptoms cause both can range from zero symptoms to death.

Unless it's manflu, class of its own "

Pre-covid the government reported winter flu deaths. I don't recall them reporting winter cold deaths. Whilst symptoms can range, I would take a cold over the flu any day.

Peterborough

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

How many times have you heard people say that they have had the flu. How many times have you heard someone say to such a person that they would struggle to get out of bed if they did have the flu?

The vast majority of people getting covid now are having minor symptoms. The virus has weakened and our bodies have some resistance to it.

If you got 100 people with covid and 100 people with flu and asked them their symptoms, I am fairly confident that those with covid would have symptoms similar to a mild cold and those with flu would have more severe symptoms. "

I don't know why you're arguing. I've already stated about this Corona virus heading towards the "common cold" pool!

Teesside

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

And you are? You state one is like a bad cold and one is like a mild cold! Which is wrong!Can you even differentiate them apart from saying one is a Coronavirus and one is an influenza virus? You certainly can't based on severity of symptoms cause both can range from zero symptoms to death.

Unless it's manflu, class of its own

Pre-covid the government reported winter flu deaths. I don't recall them reporting winter cold deaths. Whilst symptoms can range, I would take a cold over the flu any day."

A "cold" can be a number of viruses though, not just a coronavirus. That's likely why it isn't reported as such

henley on thames

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

If you got 100 people with covid and 100 people with flu and asked them their symptoms, I am fairly confident that those with covid would have symptoms similar to a mild cold and those with flu would have more severe symptoms. "

A close relative of mine is currently in a critical condition in hospital due to covid.

It is still dangerous to some people.

uk

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

If you got 100 people with covid and 100 people with flu and asked them their symptoms, I am fairly confident that those with covid would have symptoms similar to a mild cold and those with flu would have more severe symptoms.

A close relative of mine is currently in a critical condition in hospital due to covid.

It is still dangerous to some people. "

Which is exactly what I stated somewhere up above.

Fingers crossed for your relative.

henley on thames

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

Fingers crossed for your relative."

Thanks. Some people (not you), seem to insist in dismissing covid as a bit of a sniffle.

Peterborough

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

Fingers crossed for your relative.

Thanks. Some people (not you), seem to insist in dismissing covid as a bit of a sniffle. "

That's exactly what he is saying "for the majority of people".

Teesside

Not to try and diminish your relatives illness but to the vast majority, it is literally a bit of a sniffle. To others it's been life changing. If that's those people's experience with it then that will be their opinion.

I don't think people(well, most people) are trying to downplay it when they say that either. We tend to relate things to our own personal experiences.

I hope your family member makes a speedy recovery

By *alandNitaCouple 39 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

But no. Not the same thing. "

Flu can also present people with a variety of symptoms and it's severity can range from "a bit of a sniffle" to being one of the 400 thousand people (on average) that die from it each year.

Cal

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

No but I was kicked by a unicorn and bitten by the loch Ness monster

By *ldgeezermeMan 39 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"No but I was kicked by a unicorn and bitten by the loch Ness monster "

The head would be the target area in both cases it would appear

By *osepearlWoman 38 weeks ago

bray

I have it right now, most strange things is smell of vinegar is reminded me antiseptic. Very weak and dizzy, no energy at all. I never have covid before

I can tell it’s completely different from flu

By *assyBangBangWoman 38 weeks ago

St Helens

Currently on day 6 of covid. Second time around, last had it December 2021. Woke up with banging headache and sore throat, rapidly progressed to muscle aches, streaming eyes, major fatigue, feeling majorly unwell, blocked nose, coughing..it’s been woeful. I lost my smell on day 3. I signed up for the PANORAMIC trial and was assigned to take the Paxlovid drug. This has massively helped, though I currently have a nasty metallic taste in my mouth, which is a side effect of the drug but should clear as soon as I stop taking it. 5 day course. Currently still testing positive. Hope those of you who are currently unwell are on the mend soon!

By *arnsleyboy23Man 38 weeks ago

barnsley

Currently got it. Other night was raging hot had headache blocked nose sneezing coughing u name it. 2nd time of having it

By *uality By DesignMan 37 weeks ago

Cheltenham

How selfish are you.

You’re willing and welcome yourself and the world being vaccinated against covid-19 by the world governments.

No questions asked.

But you just sit and watch innocent children dying from no water/infected water/famine and war.

No questions asked.

By *melie LALWoman 37 weeks ago

Peterborough

^^ have I missed something?

By *ldgeezermeMan 37 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"^^ have I missed something?"

The last of his brain cells expiring

Cheltenham

"^^ have I missed something?"

Obviously

Cheltenham

"The last of his brain cells expiring"

Hasn’t the last three + years shown you anything.

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"^^ have I missed something?

The last of his brain cells expiring"

Peterborough

"^^ have I missed something?

Obviously "

Context? Your post doesn't align with others in the thread. Needs elaboration.

Cheltenham

"

Context? Your post doesn't align with others in the thread. Needs elaboration."

Elaboration. Ok.

Most people blindly accepted that they needed the covid-19 vaccines.

Because they were told they did.

“For the better good” “You don’t want to kill your granny” “You don’t want to kill your elderly parents”

Most people haven’t questioned why/how the whole world was able to get vaccinated but the governments can’t feed the hungry, can’t water the thirsty.

I’m not a “Covid” denier or a “conspiracy theorist”

But the narrative was questionable to me from the beginning. and many others.

No I haven’t ever had a “test” to see if I had covid.

No I haven’t had one covid-19 vaccine.

I must be very lucky.

I’m sure some of you will say “Very Stupid” “Very Selfish” I’ve heard it all before…

After 2 strokes last August (2022) my decision not to get vaccinated is vindicated. But that’s another story….

By *ugby 123Couple 37 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Funnily enough they say Covid even a mild version can cause strokes and heart problems amongst other things at a later date.

You have not had a vaccine so those people who say vaccines cause it can't blame that and of course you may have been about to have strokes anyway, but it could be you had Covid and didn't know it as you didn't test

Cheltenham

"Funnily enough they say"

Funnily enough “they” said a lot of things…

Funnily enough “they” are still saying a lot of things…

Funnily enough you have completely missed the crux of my elaboration.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Funnily enough they say

Funnily enough “they” said a lot of things…

Funnily enough “they” are still saying a lot of things…

Funnily enough you have completely missed the crux of my elaboration. "

I didn't. I didn't want to answer anything else you were talking about.I just wanted to point out something about your last sentance.

Do the words funnily enough annoy you?

Cheltenham

"

I didn't. I didn't want to answer anything else you were talking about.I just wanted to point out something about your last sentance.

Do the words funnily enough annoy you?"

Funnily enough funnily enough does not annoy me.

Exactly my point.

You didn’t want to answer anything else I typed.

Funny that.

So you’re saying that if I had taken the vaccine I wouldn’t have had the strokes.

Funnily enough that’s not what my specialist said.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

So you’re saying that if I had taken the vaccine I wouldn’t have had the strokes.

"

No

You seem very angry with my comment, I can't help that but you might want to read the summary on the top of the forum rules before you next post

Cheltenham

"

No

You seem very angry with my comment, I can't help that but you might want to read the summary on the top of the forum rules before you next post "

I’m not angry.

I’m cool as a cucumber.

I have looked but can’t find the “summary of rules”

Maybe you can send me a link to my profile.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you look just above the box were you type a reply to the forum they are on a link just above it

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Cheltenham

"If you look just above the box were you type a reply to the forum they are on a link just above it

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules"

Thank you.

I will have a look now.

Peterborough

"

Context? Your post doesn't align with others in the thread. Needs elaboration.

Elaboration. Ok.

Most people blindly accepted that they needed the covid-19 vaccines.

Because they were told they did.

“For the better good” “You don’t want to kill your granny” “You don’t want to kill your elderly parents”

Most people haven’t questioned why/how the whole world was able to get vaccinated but the governments can’t feed the hungry, can’t water the thirsty.

I’m not a “Covid” denier or a “conspiracy theorist”

But the narrative was questionable to me from the beginning. and many others.

No I haven’t ever had a “test” to see if I had covid.

No I haven’t had one covid-19 vaccine.

I must be very lucky.

I’m sure some of you will say “Very Stupid” “Very Selfish” I’ve heard it all before…

After 2 strokes last August (2022) my decision not to get vaccinated is vindicated. But that’s another story….

"

If you made an informed decision not to get vaccinated, that's great; that's all I ask re any medical intervention (weigh up benefits Vs risks).

Regarding the matter you elaborated upon (ta muchly), I thought as much but, for the most part, don't like to assume. The coming together of govts to research and produce vaccines, with countries such as ours contributing to the supply of vaccines to poorer countries, they proved what can be done logistically and financially.

As far as "us" doing our bit for groups you mentioned, ask those who control our foreign aid budget.

Please don't imply those of us who did have vaccines are selfish to have them when others go hungry/thirsty. Life doesn't work like that. There will always be worthy causes.

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

Last week, a friend of my Wife felt unwell on Monday, she tested for COVID and was positive.

She died on the Thursday!

By *ark Knight 2017Man 37 weeks ago

Ware

"I got a positive test last night. All my muscles ache, temp of 42, cant eat, can't breath, my body is swollen, head is thumping, feel sick and so dizzy its hard to walk.

A temp of 42 is extraordinarily high. Anyone experiencing 40(+) should immediately call 999. It's a medical emergency."

Peterborough

"Last week, a friend of my Wife felt unwell on Monday, she tested for COVID and was positive.

She died on the Thursday! "

By *ond Jimmy BondMan 37 weeks ago

London

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

COVID was horrendous but only lasted 2 days for me. Tested positive for well over a week, but other than the horrendous 2 days, I was fine!

"

I’ve had Flu about twice in my lifetime, proper flu not a bad cold. But I had covid and long covid for over 6 months. For some it maybe similar to Flu but for others it’s a LOT worse

By *ananaman41Man 37 weeks ago

Dublin

"Last week, a friend of my Wife felt unwell on Monday, she tested for COVID and was positive.

She died on the Thursday! "

But what was her cause of death?

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

"Had the flu recently.

Same thing isn’t it….

I’ve had Flu about twice in my lifetime, proper flu not a bad cold. But I had covid and long covid for over 6 months. For some it maybe similar to Flu but for others it’s a LOT worse"

Some people die of flu. Many thousands, every year and have done for a very long time.For them, the ones susceptible, flu is worse than covid. Both respiratory illness that cause other issues

By *ap AdgeMan 36 weeks ago

Chester

Sore throat headaches blocked nose

Chest infections

What's covid

By *ond Jimmy BondMan 36 weeks ago

London

Covid is a virus. It’s not just a cold/flu it’s different, dispute what a lot of idiots say. Is that ok?

By *ananaman41Man 36 weeks ago

Dublin

"Covid is a virus. It’s not just a cold/flu it’s different, dispute what a lot of idiots say. Is that ok?"

I dont think most people mean that they are the same thing; they are referring to the symptoms and how one feels with it, which is largely the same as cold and flu feelings/symptoms

New variant of COVID been named

B/S 24/7

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 36 weeks ago

Reading

"What's covid "

You’ll know when you catch it.

By *melie LALWoman 36 weeks ago

Peterborough

"New variant of COVID been named

B/S 24/7"

By *acyCariadWoman 36 weeks ago

East Sussex

Me

It was awful, lots of aches and pains and fever, and then I had post viral labyrinthitis which was differently awful

London

"Covid is a virus. It’s not just a cold/flu it’s different, dispute what a lot of idiots say. Is that ok?

I dont think most people mean that they are the same thing; they are referring to the symptoms and how one feels with it, which is largely the same as cold and flu feelings/symptoms"

The three times I’ve had Covid have not been like Flu, something different to Flu, at least for me

[Removed by poster at 28/08/23 00:08:30]

Deleted and reposted due to awful typos.

My parents had it in late May, early June of this year. They had their autumn boosters last September (their fourth jabs).

Neither had a fever or cough, sneezes or even a runny nose.

My mum had a very sore throat and described feeling out of it like her head was filled with 'cotton wool.' She went off food for a few days.

She seems to have lost her senses of smell and taste though, or at least they're warped and not 100%.

She tested negative again eight days later and for each test after that.

My father also developed a sore throat and just said he felt generally under the weather and groggy. I think he might have had loose stools at the time but don't know if that was related.

He also lost his appetite but hasn't complained of a loss of any of his senses.

He tested positive for fifteen days and seemed to struggle to clear it, but with no real outwardly obvious symptoms.

I had it back in October 2022 and it wasn't terrible. I had a very sore throat for a few days and a temperature of 39.2°C for three days which caused a headache that felt like an axe was lodged in my skull. That passed and I seemed to be fine. I'm usually warm because of Fibromyalgia, but I had chills with my fever.

I developed the fever on the morning of the day I was due my autumn booster and had to postpone it by 28 days (was my fourth jab).

I was supposed to get my booster at the same time as my parents, but the same day I was offered the Smallpox vaccine for Monkeypox and was told that if I didn't get it done that day, I'd go to the bottom of the waiting list. So my GP told me to wait a week before getting the Covid booster and I did. I probably caught Covid at the sexual health clinic. The only other place I'd been near people the week prior was the doctors.

I tested negative on day eight and then about five days later I started to get very severe shortness of breath and I developed a dry, unproductive cough that persisted all day, every day.

I became so fatigued that I was bed bound for a few days, I just couldn't move.

The cough improved in early April of this year and became a night time only cough. I think it's damage to the nerve endings in my throat caused by the virus, which makes them more sensitive to and triggered by cooler air on a night (sensory neuropathic cough?).

I still have to take cough medicine twice per evening. The cough hasn't given me a (full) day off since October.

Dextromethorphan is the only thing that works for me. Pholcodine worked great, but it was withdrawn from the UK market by the MHRA in March of this year.

I had to help my parents a lot in May but tried to mitigate the risk and, thankfully, didn't catch it from them.

I was diagnosed with long-Covid at the end of June after a mammoth three hour session at a post Covid clinic.

The cough and bouts of shortness of breath are manageable, but I'm really struggling with the crippling fatigue.

I already had Fibromyalgia so I'd often wake up feeling like I was on 5% battery. Now I feel like I'm at that point where it's 1% but your phone is seconds from switching off.

"

I developed the fever on the morning of the day I was due my autumn booster and had to postpone it by 28 days (was my fourth jab).

"

So you had already had 3 Covid jabs when you caught Covid and now suffer terribly from long-Covid?

By *iger4uWoman 36 weeks ago

In my happy place

Well I've just tested positive today. Felt like flu. This is day 3 and the high temp and aching legs and burning joints have gone.

"

So you had already had 3 Covid jabs when you caught Covid and now suffer terribly from long-Covid?"

Yes but it was almost a year to the day since my previous booster and it's well established that vaccine protection wanes over time. A year is a long time for a virus to mutate.

By *orkshireBeef26Man 36 weeks ago

Kirkella

Yes last week...

Started with sore throat and cough, had leg aches

Only had for 7 days and gone now

Took Paracetamol every 4 hours..

By *ust JuicyWoman 36 weeks ago

east london

Well I tested and I had it two weeks ago and it was decking horrendous …. If anyone says it just like flu they’ve not had this one

London

"Well I tested and I had it two weeks ago and it was decking horrendous …. If anyone says it just like flu they’ve not had this one "

What are the current symptoms like? I’m achey and tired for the last few days

By *andS300ABCCouple 36 weeks ago

BRIGHTON

We are always tired and achey but we fuck alot

Covid is not on our list of ailments

In my happy place

"Well I tested and I had it two weeks ago and it was decking horrendous …. If anyone says it just like flu they’ve not had this one

What are the current symptoms like? I’m achey and tired for the last few days"

This one includes metallic taste, burning joints and muscles, mucus, burning tears, hot sinuses and no energy, strength or appetite.

Never had it until now so unable to compare with previous strains.

By *rben112Man 36 weeks ago

worcester

Yes I had it 2 weeks ago and exactly the same

By *rben112Man 36 weeks ago

worcester

Mine started with a sore throat and followed all the symptoms above . I still ache after 2 weeks. It feels like all my muscles have tended up and now feel exhausted

By *urreyguy34Man 36 weeks ago

Weybridge

You all had the flu….

London

"You all had the flu…. "

Transport for London lost over 100 members of staff from Covid in total. So anyone that thinks it’s just Flu is a Tw.t

By *ad NannaWoman 36 weeks ago

East London

"You all had the flu…. "

I didn't have Influenza, I had SARS-CoV-2.

They are two totally different viruses.

By *ent in BlackMan 36 weeks ago

Silsden

"You all had the flu…. "

Are you a doctor?

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 36 weeks ago

Reading

"You all had the flu….

Are you a doctor?"

Doubt it very much

London

He probably thinks the world is flat too

In my happy place

"You all had the flu…. "

No I didn't have anything since Jan 19...

And this is not flu

» Add a new message to this topic