FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Boosters

Boosters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *antona33 OP   Man 39 weeks ago

collon

Just wondering are all the vaccinated people still getting their boosters ?

My father had the first 3 jabs when they came out first and was advised then by his doctor to not get anymore .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *estivalMan 39 weeks ago

borehamwood

"Just wondering are all the vaccinated people still getting their boosters ?

My father had the first 3 jabs when they came out first and was advised then by his doctor to not get anymore . "

had the first two then caught coovid about two months later so havent botherd with anymore

By *melie LALWoman 39 weeks ago

Peterborough

My father had the first 3 jabs when they came out first and was advised then by his doctor to not get anymore . "

They are just for the vulnerable (Inc elderly) and patient-facing staff. Like flu vaccines.

By *irty_DeedsMan 39 weeks ago

Teesside

I had my first 2, then they discontinued the AZ jab and I wasn't keen on getting pfizer one. I also read up more on its inability to stop transmission and how quick the efficacy fades, then I got covid again so didn't see the point in a booster.

I also don't bother with flu jab. I must be due a tetanus though. It's been years since I needed one of those.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 39 weeks ago

Central

The availability of the boosters differs each booster. They've released the eligibility details for the pending autumn booster, which is more restrictive than last year's was. It's to be for over 65s, by age, as well as other vulnerable groups.

Let's hope that this is sufficient to keep the NHS from overload, as immunity levels this winter, of the excluded people, that did receive boosters until last winter, will be decreasing.

I've had all mine to date.

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

I'm getting my 95 booster tomorrow after catching COVID 96 times,....if I keep going I get a free lucky bag when I reach the magic 100.

I've had 5 jabs so far but i didn't have the last one i was offered as i got a pretty nasty side effect from it and ended up in hospital for a few days and took a while to get better.

I'm in a vulnerable group so will probably be offered the next one but i'm not sure if i'll have it because of the side effect.

In general i'm all for having vacinations.

By *rNice.Man 39 weeks ago

Doncaster

only people over 60 this year get get free this year

Did you get donuts tho? Or free cinema tickets

By *elkMan 39 weeks ago

london/kent

None of the vaccines was ever tested to stop or prevent the spread or contraction of covid from the mouths of the makers

All the information is there but they refuse to look

By *iss DevilWoman 39 weeks ago

Bedford

I stopped bothering after my first booster, despite being eligible as care staff. I don't want a needle in my arm every 6 months or so, thank you very much. And I take precautions at work (protective clothing and then, if I'm not feeling well, a quick Covid test just to check it's not that) so I believe I am still doing my part in protecting my service users.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple 39 weeks ago

walsall

"only people over 60 this year get get free this year "

Nope I've been booked in for mine and I'm only 51

By *oghicksMan 39 weeks ago

Brackley

Surely nobody is still rolling their sleeve up for this??

By *ldgeezermeMan 39 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"Surely nobody is still rolling their sleeve up for this?? "

What?

Has YouTube revealed something!

Why weren't we informed!

By *londebiguyMan 38 weeks ago

Southport

"I had my first 2, then they discontinued the AZ jab and I wasn't keen on getting pfizer one. I also read up more on its inability to stop transmission and how quick the efficacy fades, then I got covid again so didn't see the point in a booster.

I also don't bother with flu jab. I must be due a tetanus though. It's been years since I needed one of those."

If you've had a tetanus jab as an adult then that covers you now.

You do not need another.

By *melie LALWoman 38 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I had my first 2, then they discontinued the AZ jab and I wasn't keen on getting pfizer one. I also read up more on its inability to stop transmission and how quick the efficacy fades, then I got covid again so didn't see the point in a booster.

I also don't bother with flu jab. I must be due a tetanus though. It's been years since I needed one of those.

If you've had a tetanus jab as an adult then that covers you now.

You do not need another."

It's over 10 years since my tetanus shot. I'd get another if I was bitten by an animal.

By *immy.Man 38 weeks ago

Manchester

"Surely nobody is still rolling their sleeve up for this??

What?

Why weren't we informed!"

What’s your source of information besides the teLIEvision?

Question everything and research the answers… (not on YouTube obviously)!

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

Television *

"Surely nobody is still rolling their sleeve up for this??

What?

Why weren't we informed!

What’s your source of information besides the teLIEvision?

Question everything and research the answers… (not on YouTube obviously)!"

I'm guessing you'll be taking a doctorate in a relevant area then, since you're so into proper research?

By *dam and slutCouple 38 weeks ago

Manchester

Id love to go back in time and read the almost fanatical comments on here from people, the club's who would reject you if you hadn't had the jab, how clubs required positive proof, signed in triplicate in order to be allowed in or play....COVID is still out there lol

Crikey, do you remember the discussions about the 50p paper masks there was, the I'm an " expert " on viruses, masks etc etc wading in to show how knowledgeable they were...lol.. and yet..here we are 2023... people no long washing there hands 5 times a day, washing door handles, letter boxes..lol

By *lym4realCouple 38 weeks ago

plymouth

Makes us chuckle ...90% on here don't bother to even read profiles ?? yet claim to do their research ??.....xxxx

By *onandCouple 38 weeks ago

Cheadle

Ditto

By *onandCouple 38 weeks ago

Cheadle

Suffered a heart attack due to blood clots caused by the third vaccine ??????

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 38 weeks ago

wonderland.

"only people over 60 this year get get free this year "
Not true. My daughter is 26 and just had her email to book hers.

By *ananaman41Man 38 weeks ago

Dublin

Absolutely not.

I only ever got one to allow me get on a plane. Wont be going near another one if those jabs again

My father had the first 3 jabs when they came out first and was advised then by his doctor to not get anymore .

Absolutely not.

I only ever got one to allow me get on a plane. Wont be going near another one if those jabs again"

I'm with you. You can't never trust those experts & doctors. Me, I go to the witch doctor whenever I feel ill.

I had a doctor once tell me to stop checking the internet for medical advice.

Then I asked him a question (a pretty basic one as well) and guess where he looked for the answer?

Unreal.

A mouse with red cross tattooed on it's back would be more help.

By *irty_DeedsMan 38 weeks ago

Teesside

"I had a doctor once tell me to stop checking the internet for medical advice.

Then I asked him a question (a pretty basic one as well) and guess where he looked for the answer?

Unreal.

A mouse with red cross tattooed on it's back would be more help."

Yup, I had similar. The same doctor also gave me penicillin despite telling him twice I was allergic and it coming up on his computer that I was also allergic. Can't question any medical professional or scientist on here though, you'll be labelled a tin foil hat wearer.

It's a moot point though because now I can't get a doctors appointment if I begged, borrowed or stole one. So if anyone knows any witch doctors let me know

Unreal.

A mouse with red cross tattooed on it's back would be more help.Yup, I had similar. The same doctor also gave me penicillin despite telling him twice I was allergic and it coming up on his computer that I was also allergic. Can't question any medical professional or scientist on here though, you'll be labelled a tin foil hat wearer.

It's a moot point though because now I can't get a doctors appointment if I begged, borrowed or stole one. So if anyone knows any witch doctors let me know "

I had heat spots once. Dr gave me two weeks off, told me i had measles.

Yeah I'm just gona keep wearing my tinfoil hat i think...

Dublin

Absolutely not.

I only ever got one to allow me get on a plane. Wont be going near another one if those jabs again

I'm with you. You can't never trust those experts & doctors. Me, I go to the witch doctor whenever I feel ill."

What have experts and doctors got to do with it? I dont need the vaccine for this thing, its of no consequence to me any more than a common cold.

So why on earth would i get it?

Absolutely not.

I'm with you. You can't never trust those experts & doctors. Me, I go to the witch doctor whenever I feel ill.

What have experts and doctors got to do with it? I dont need the vaccine for this thing, its of no consequence to me any more than a common cold.

So why on earth would i get it? "

Based on what you just wrote, I rather doubt your medical expertise. Be well.

Dublin

Unreal.

A mouse with red cross tattooed on it's back would be more help.Yup, I had similar. The same doctor also gave me penicillin despite telling him twice I was allergic and it coming up on his computer that I was also allergic. Can't question any medical professional or scientist on here though, you'll be labelled a tin foil hat wearer.

It's a moot point though because now I can't get a doctors appointment if I begged, borrowed or stole one. So if anyone knows any witch doctors let me know "

Waste of time in here. Its like a religion now for some people. Its consumed them so much

Absolutely not.

So why on earth would i get it? "

I keep hearing of doctors being sued for damages for the vax because they didn't inform the patient of risks etc... So much going on right now in the world.

Dublin

Absolutely not.

Based on what you just wrote, I rather doubt your medical expertise. Be well."

Do you have anything concrete to add, or do your contributions extend only to banal cringeworthy quips?

Absolutely not.

Do you have anything concrete to add, or do your contributions extend only to banal cringeworthy quips? "

You likened Covid to the common cold. Says it all really.

Again, be well.

Dublin

Absolutely not.

Do you have anything concrete to add, or do your contributions extend only to banal cringeworthy quips?

Again, be well."

Well ive had it about 3 times in the last 3 years and that's exactly what it was like.

Or do you know my own experiences better than i do?

Absolutely not.

Again, be well.

Well ive had it about 3 times in the last 3 years and that's exactly what it was like.

Or do you know my own experiences better than i do? "

You mean you had 'the cold' three times.

Teesside

Absolutely not.

Again, be well."

...and for the massive majority, it's about as severe as the common cold with almost the exact same symptoms. I've had worse colds to be honest.

People are really not willing to let go of the "covid is gonna kill us all" narrative are they?

Absolutely not.

Again, be well.

Or do you know my own experiences better than i do? "

I'm glad you're OK. But Covid is not flu or the common cold. Look up data for Covid morbidity/death rate if you want. Or don't. do wht you like.

Dublin

Absolutely not.

Again, be well.

I'm glad you're OK. But Covid is not flu or the common cold. Look up data for Covid morbidity/death rate if you want. Or don't. do wht you like."

Sigh. That old line again.

I dont care what those figures tell me because they dont apply to me, ie early 40s fit and healthy.

Im not calling it a flu or a cold or anything else you want to grab onto. Whatever it is, it is of next to do risk to me whatsoever so why on earth would i go getting a vaccine against it?

Absolutely not.

Again, be well.

I'm glad you're OK. But Covid is not flu or the common cold. Look up data for Covid morbidity/death rate if you want. Or don't. do wht you like.

I dont care what those figures tell me because they dont apply to me, ie early 40s fit and healthy.

Im not calling it a flu or a cold or anything else you want to grab onto. Whatever it is, it is of next to do risk to me whatsoever so why on earth would i go getting a vaccine against it? "

You don't want to & you're not going to. And you're fine. That's great. Not sure how many times I can say be well.

Dublin

Absolutely not.

Again, be well.

Im not calling it a flu or a cold or anything else you want to grab onto. Whatever it is, it is of next to do risk to me whatsoever so why on earth would i go getting a vaccine against it?

You don't want to & you're not going to. And you're fine. That's great. Not sure how many times I can say be well."

Nevermind your smarmy 'be well' nonsense. You showed your true colours with your other flippant remarks, which have no relevance to me at all. Youre just another covid addict who can't accept some people dont think exactly like you do so you roll out the smartass comments trying to appear clever. Youre anything but pal.

Absolutely not.

Again, be well.

You don't want to & you're not going to. And you're fine. That's great. Not sure how many times I can say be well.

Nevermind your smarmy 'be well' nonsense. You showed your true colours with your other flippant remarks, which have no relevance to me at all. Youre just another covid addict who can't accept some people dont think exactly like you do so you roll out the smartass comments trying to appear clever. Youre anything but pal. "

I never claimed to be clever. It's why I go to a witch doctor, like I said above.

For the final time, be well. This is never gonna end otherwise...

Personal choice, like all vaccinations.

My own view is that covid boosters probably aren’t that useful for immunocompetent, young people but elderly or immunocompromised people may have some benefit - much akin to the “flu” jab.

Not worth falling out over though - if you’re eligible and want it then get it; ineligible and want it then pay for it; don’t want it then don’t get it!!

Teesside

Yet you have to have the last word with the thinly veiled comparisons that anyone who doesn't want this specific vaccine is the type who'd go to a witch doctor.

It's as old as the tin foil hat, "did you see that on youtube", 5g, flat earther or any other ridiculous comments/comparisons the staunch vaccine zealots like to try and use to diminish anyone's experience if it wasn't a bad one.

How dare anyone not queue up for 17 boosters and have the audacity to not die, how very dare they!

By *nleashedCrakenMan 38 weeks ago

Widnes

Absolutely not.

Again, be well....and for the massive majority, it's about as severe as the common cold with almost the exact same symptoms. I've had worse colds to be honest.

People are really not willing to let go of the "covid is gonna kill us all" narrative are they?"

I think most people are more than happy to let go of the "COVID is gonna kill us all". Not that I actually remember anybody actually saying that.

However what most people who know anything about virology are not prepared to accept is misleading statements that suggest or actually say that COVID was just a mild does of flu or the common cold, because it wasn't. COVID is not, and never was a cold or flu virus. For some people the symptoms of COVID were similar to a does of the flu, for some it was more similar to a cold (which medically is not the same thing as flu), for some it had no symptoms at all and for others it was far worse than a cold or flu and led to their deaths in far higher numbers than a cold or flu.

And the reason why vacancies are not being pushed as hard now as it was before is because, like all viruses, COVID has evolved and, as all viruses tend to after they've established themselves, it's evolved into a less symptomatic strain while still being equally or more contagious. After all, there's no benefit to a virus in killing you; it just wants to grow in you, reproduce, move on and then come back again at some point in the future, if it can.

By *ob198XaMan 38 weeks ago

teleford

"None of the vaccines was ever tested to stop or prevent the spread or contraction of covid from the mouths of the makers "

Do tell, how would you undertake such a study?

Widnes

"None of the vaccines was ever tested to stop or prevent the spread or contraction of covid from the mouths of the makers

Do tell, how would you undertake such a study?"

I don't think I've been kissing any of the vaccine makers so I doubt I'll be contracting anything from their mouths

Or do you think there's a full stop, colon or semicolon missing somewhere?

Teesside

Absolutely not.

Again, be well....and for the massive majority, it's about as severe as the common cold with almost the exact same symptoms. I've had worse colds to be honest.

People are really not willing to let go of the "covid is gonna kill us all" narrative are they?

I think most people are more than happy to let go of the "COVID is gonna kill us all". Not that I actually remember anybody actually saying that.

However what most people who know anything about virology are not prepared to accept is misleading statements that suggest or actually say that COVID was just a mild does of flu or the common cold, because it wasn't. COVID is not, and never was a cold or flu virus. For some people the symptoms of COVID were similar to a does of the flu, for some it was more similar to a cold (which medically is not the same thing as flu), for some it had no symptoms at all and for others it was far worse than a cold or flu and led to their deaths in far higher numbers than a cold or flu.

And the reason why vacancies are not being pushed as hard now as it was before is because, like all viruses, COVID has evolved and, as all viruses tend to after they've established themselves, it's evolved into a less symptomatic strain while still being equally or more contagious. After all, there's no benefit to a virus in killing you; it just wants to grow in you, reproduce, move on and then come back again at some point in the future, if it can.

"

If you want to get technical, the cover all term "cold", actually contains many different types of viruses, including coronaviruses. It's my belief that covid will eventually be relegated to this status too as it becomes less severe.

It still doesn't change the fact that for the majority of people, it's nothing more severe than than a cold, regardless of vaccine status.

It seems to be the narrative that unless your take on all this is all doom and gloom about how covid has ruined your life and health, your opinion is just waved off by most people.

Personally in my circle, lockdown measures and the vaccine has ruined more people's health and life than the actual virus. I've had people lose their jobs, houses and almost their lives due to businesses going under and a very good friend almost died from a clot after his booster, he still isn't right and likely wont be for a while. Compared to not one hospital admission via covid and people generally getting over it in days.

Like I say though, people don't want to accept that take on covid.

By *atureGuy62Man 38 weeks ago

DE7

I will due to being asthmatic

By *andyfloss2000Woman 38 weeks ago

ashford

Only had the 2 wish I hadn't tbh but hey ho! Kept getting txt to go for more being elderly asthmatic and diabetic but got the nurse to take me of the reminder list stating on my notes don't want anymore! She said she only had them because she was expected to in her job otherwise she wouldn't have! X

By *inkybbcMan 38 weeks ago

haywards heath

And this is one of the reasons I haven’t had any jabs

By *orMatureWomenAndCouplesMan 38 weeks ago

Ipswich

Haven’t had a booster since the booster craze. Today I got Covid.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 38 weeks ago

Durham

Both times I caught covid was when my booster was due. Coincidence? Maybe maybe not.

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 17/08/23 21:22:30]

Widnes

Absolutely not.

If you want to get technical, the cover all term "cold", actually contains many different types of viruses, including coronaviruses. It's my belief that covid will eventually be relegated to this status too as it becomes less severe.

It still doesn't change the fact that for the majority of people, it's nothing more severe than than a cold, regardless of vaccine status.

It seems to be the narrative that unless your take on all this is all doom and gloom about how covid has ruined your life and health, your opinion is just waved off by most people.

Personally in my circle, lockdown measures and the vaccine has ruined more people's health and life than the actual virus. I've had people lose their jobs, houses and almost their lives due to businesses going under and a very good friend almost died from a clot after his booster, he still isn't right and likely wont be for a while. Compared to not one hospital admission via covid and people generally getting over it in days.

Like I say though, people don't want to accept that take on covid."

That's your experience and who am I to say it's not valid. However, like my own experience, it's anecdotal.

My own experience of COVID amongst my immediate circle is; 4 deaths, 5 seriously ill and numerous none seriously ill. I myself had COVID at least once (last November - quite ill) and possibly twice (March 2020 - everyone in the ski chalet I was in got ill after getting back, two hospitalised, diagnosed COVID. I was mildly ill).

I accept your points about people losing their jobs and other adverse effects of lockdown. If you green button me and check back on posts I made around the summer of 2020 you'll find posts where I raised, back then, the question of whether the solution may end up being more harmful than the problem. In my opinion lockdown should probably only ever have been used fairly briefly at the start of the pandemic to "flatten the curve" and not used as the main solution lasting, on and off, for two years. But I don't know that as a fact.

I also believe that, for most people, COVID was extremely unlikely to kill, make them seriously ill or even ill at all. However it doesn't have to be a very high percentage of a population of 70,000,000 for that to lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths and serious illnesses.

With regard to the vaccine. I was in no rush to get it but neither was I opposed to having it. I was quite happy to let those that were genuinely at more risk than myself from COVID have it before me and also those that felt more worried about getting COVID than I, even if actually at no more risk than myself, have it before me.

I never felt particularly at risk of dying or getting seriously ill from COVID, however I'd rather not have COVID than have it. For this reason, whilst I understood that the vaccine, as with all medical interventions, could have side effects, I felt even less worried about getting serious side effects from the vaccine than I did about dying or getting seriously ill from COVID, I had the first vaccine and booster. I'm in no rush to have another unless the risk from COVID increases substantially.

Whilst I never believed that "we're all going to die" from COVID, as some people on here have claimed those that don't think it was nothing thought or said, I also don't think it was nothing or just a bad case of a cold or flu. For many it was much worse than a cold or the flu.

So when you say "people don't want to accept that take on COVID" the reason why is that your "take" on COVID is based on your anecdotal experience whilst others "take" on COVID is based on their anecdotal experience. If you want people not to dismiss your "take" on COVID maybe you shouldn't seem quite so dismissive of theirs.

Teesside

Where was I dismissive of anyone's experience? Please check and let me know. I think you'll struggle to find it. If I was ill wholeheartedly apologise.

I feel for anyone who suffered with covid or through lockdown related issues. I personally feel very lucky that my family and friends all breezed through it. I won't pretend however that the massive majority don't just get the symptoms of your average cold.

I've had covid 3 times now that I know of. First two times symptoms were exactly the same. Once before my jabs and once after. The third time I just felt under the weather and only tested because someone close tested positive and I was supposed to be at a family get together with vulnerable people.

Widnes

"Where was I dismissive of anyone's experience? Please check and let me know. I think you'll struggle to find it. If I was ill wholeheartedly apologise.

I feel for anyone who suffered with covid or through lockdown related issues. I personally feel very lucky that my family and friends all breezed through it. I won't pretend however that the massive majority don't just get the symptoms of your average cold.

I've had covid 3 times now that I know of. First two times symptoms were exactly the same. Once before my jabs and once after. The third time I just felt under the weather and only tested because someone close tested positive and I was supposed to be at a family get together with vulnerable people."

I accept that you didn't mean to come across as dismissive. We can all be a little over sensitive on this subject at times and in this case maybe I was.

By *woplusyou2000Couple 38 weeks ago

Southampton

Remember the people who didn't take it in the first place were treated like second class citizens, The anti vac , so if you don't take the booster are you threat to the general public and should be locked out of bars etc ?

What is the difference ?

Widnes

"Remember the people who didn't take it in the first place were treated like second class citizens, The anti vac , so if you don't take the booster are you threat to the general public and should be locked out of bars etc ?

What is the difference ?"

The difference is people's understanding of both the vaccine and covib, and COVID itself.

At the time the first COVID vaccines became available people were more scared of the virus than they are now and probably than was merited. The reality was was that, for most people, COVID was unlikely to kill them or make them seriously ill. That's not to say that it could not be serious for many, only that for most (over 90%) it probably wasn't going to be. Also, at the time the first vaccines came out, there was a general belief that the vaccine would stop the vaccinated getting COVID so consequently, by less people being invected, help stop or decrease the spread. This provided the moral bases for people to argue that, if you weren't vaccinated, you were putting other people at risk not just yourself.

What most people believe now is that COVID is not as serious for most people as they believed it was back then. This is partly because it never was as serious for most people as people believed it was and also the current strains are not as serious anyway as the original strains were. Also mosr people no longer believe that being vaccinated stops you getting COVID and only believe that getting vaccinated mainly helps reduce the severity of COVID. As it is now believed by most that COVID is not as serious as it once was or as serious as they once believed, and there is less communal benefit to being vaccinated than they once believed, the moral bases of the argument that, by not being vaccinated you were putting others at risk too, is less.

I think these are the differences between now and then.

By *lirtyfortiesCouple 37 weeks ago

Horndean

My Dad had the first two. He did then have myocarditis, liver failure and died horribly. Probably just a coincidence though.

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

My Dad had the first two. He did then have myocarditis, liver failure and died horribly. Probably just a coincidence though."

I'm so sorry xx

By *antona33 OP   Man 2 weeks ago

collon

Anyone out there still getting boosted ? They seem to have stopped pushing boosters here in Ireland now

By *arko21Couple 2 weeks ago

Co Down

Nope they can stu them another big cod by who

By *ophieslutTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Central

"Anyone out there still getting boosted ? They seem to have stopped pushing boosters here in Ireland now "

The spring boosters are now being given here in the UK . Eligibility isn't as widespread as for earlier campaigns here or compared with countries like the USA. They can also be purchased privately.

By *antona33 OP   Man 2 weeks ago

collon

"Anyone out there still getting boosted ? They seem to have stopped pushing boosters here in Ireland now

The spring boosters are now being given here in the UK . Eligibility isn't as widespread as for earlier campaigns here or compared with countries like the USA. They can also be purchased privately. "

but why have they stopped campaigning it if covid is still around ? And really you can buy them privately? Are you serious ? Never heard of that

By *lik and PaulCouple 2 weeks ago

Flagrante

"Anyone out there still getting boosted ? They seem to have stopped pushing boosters here in Ireland now

The spring boosters are now being given here in the UK . Eligibility isn't as widespread as for earlier campaigns here or compared with countries like the USA. They can also be purchased privately. but why have they stopped campaigning it if covid is still around ? And really you can buy them privately? Are you serious ? Never heard of that "

"They" haven't stopped campaigning...eligible people are being contacted directly.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 2 weeks ago

wonderland.

The spring boosters are now being given here in the UK . Eligibility isn't as widespread as for earlier campaigns here or compared with countries like the USA. They can also be purchased privately. but why have they stopped campaigning it if covid is still around ? And really you can buy them privately? Are you serious ? Never heard of that "

they haven't stopped campaigning. I've seen and heard several campaigns over the last week or two. Doing my first shift at the clinic on Thursday for the boosters

Cali

By *atnip make me purrWoman 2 weeks ago

Reading

I've had all of mine 5 now i think. I have had covid twice now but both times pretty mildly.

Central

The government are running with greater priority on the general election and their potential obliteration, than any real interest in the wellbeing of the people, IMO. Health isn't a serious priority, they pay lip service instead, hence reduced budgets, compared with what they could have. The vaccine manufacturers had pushed for private availability, running towards £100 . Even the USA is offering the boosters more broadly than the UK this season. COVID is still with us and sustaining immunity is beneficial, when our NHS is overloaded.

By *ackformore100Man 2 weeks ago

Tin town

The spring boosters are now being given here in the UK . Eligibility isn't as widespread as for earlier campaigns here or compared with countries like the USA. They can also be purchased privately. but why have they stopped campaigning it if covid is still around ? And really you can buy them privately? Are you serious ? Never heard of that

The government are running with greater priority on the general election and their potential obliteration, than any real interest in the wellbeing of the people, IMO. Health isn't a serious priority, they pay lip service instead, hence reduced budgets, compared with what they could have. The vaccine manufacturers had pushed for private availability, running towards £100 . Even the USA is offering the boosters more broadly than the UK this season. COVID is still with us and sustaining immunity is beneficial, when our NHS is overloaded. "

When was the last time the creaking behemoth that is the nhs not overloaded.? I'm sick sick sick and tired of using our appalling health service crow barred into arguments of why we should and shouldn't be doing things. We shouldn't be driving, drinking drugging, eating, breathing poisoned air, drinking poisoned water and that causes much greater impact

By *heffielderCouple 2 weeks ago

sheffield

The spring boosters are now being given here in the UK . Eligibility isn't as widespread as for earlier campaigns here or compared with countries like the USA. They can also be purchased privately. but why have they stopped campaigning it if covid is still around ? And really you can buy them privately? Are you serious ? Never heard of that

The government are running with greater priority on the general election and their potential obliteration, than any real interest in the wellbeing of the people, IMO. Health isn't a serious priority, they pay lip service instead, hence reduced budgets, compared with what they could have. The vaccine manufacturers had pushed for private availability, running towards £100 . Even the USA is offering the boosters more broadly than the UK this season. COVID is still with us and sustaining immunity is beneficial, when our NHS is overloaded. "

Hogwash.. booster a simply not required more broadly hence why they are not recommendeding them for the general population.

Central

The government are running with greater priority on the general election and their potential obliteration, than any real interest in the wellbeing of the people, IMO. Health isn't a serious priority, they pay lip service instead, hence reduced budgets, compared with what they could have. The vaccine manufacturers had pushed for private availability, running towards £100 . Even the USA is offering the boosters more broadly than the UK this season. COVID is still with us and sustaining immunity is beneficial, when our NHS is overloaded.

Hogwash.. booster a simply not required more broadly hence why they are not recommendeding them for the general population."

You say 'hogwash' but state an opinion, without backing it up with evidence. It suggests that you're antivax, when one could simply state that, if the case, to remove the need for any hogwash type slurs.

By *ngi58TV/TS 2 weeks ago

nr Sunderland

£98.95 a dose if u want one and not in the eligible groups

By *melie LALWoman 2 weeks ago

Peterborough

"£98.95 a dose if u want one and not in the eligible groups"

I'd rather a spa afternoon

By *razymindMan 2 weeks ago

Bangor

"£98.95 a dose if u want one and not in the eligible groups"

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

Wouldn’t have one if they gave me £98 had two and that’s def my lot

sheffield

[Removed by poster at 24/04/24 10:26:09]

sheffield

Hogwash.. booster a simply not required more broadly hence why they are not recommendeding them for the general population.

You say 'hogwash' but state an opinion, without backing it up with evidence. It suggests that you're antivax, when one could simply state that, if the case, to remove the need for any hogwash type slurs.

"

I have posted study after study countering half the rubbish you spout and you just choose not to read them and not reply so why waste my time?

Why don't you hold your self to your own standard and if its not "hogwash" show me where public health England, the government or any other UK health body are currently recommending vaccination of groups that are not at risk???

Funny how you also took offence at the use of hogwash but you are happy to throw out antivax "slurs" at anyone that is even remotely critical.. Nothing worse then a hypocrit.

Central

I have posted study after study countering half the rubbish you spout and you just choose not to read them and not reply so why waste my time?

Why don't you hold your self to your own standard and if its not "hogwash" show me where public health England, the government or any other UK health body are currently recommending vaccination of groups that are not at risk???

Funny how you also took offence at the use of hogwash but you are happy to throw out antivax "slurs" at anyone that is even remotely critical.. Nothing worse then a hypocrit."

The criticism of the UK policy is based around its limited scope of what it's trying to achieve. It doesn't include the impacts from Long COVID, for example, which imposes extensive burdens on people and affects the economy as well as people's health and wellbeing. The USA, by comparison, recommends boosters for a broader swathe of the population. Here, it's over 75s and those with compromised immune systems and other health issues.

In many ways there are millions left to the whims of what the market decides. Pharmadoctor can be used for the Novavax vaccine, from £50 - almost half the cost of the Boots one. But it depends on how many people are booked for it, as it has a short storage time, once opened - fewer people booked and the price increases, to £90, for example when just 2 people get it.

Wells et. al show the benefits of immunising over 50s and young children. Certainly, if the UK factored the costs of Long COVID, we'd have had a more reasonable measurement of what the infection causes and how many more people could be helped, if PHE broadened its scope for vaccine eligibility. Leaving it to the new privately available vaccines to potentially help, is messy and fraught with pitfalls. Surprisingly, the broader USA model is supportive of the greater impacts of the disease.

sheffield

Funny how you also took offence at the use of hogwash but you are happy to throw out antivax "slurs" at anyone that is even remotely critical.. Nothing worse then a hypocrit.

The criticism of the UK policy is based around its limited scope of what it's trying to achieve. It doesn't include the impacts from Long COVID, for example, which imposes extensive burdens on people and affects the economy as well as people's health and wellbeing. The USA, by comparison, recommends boosters for a broader swathe of the population. Here, it's over 75s and those with compromised immune systems and other health issues.

In many ways there are millions left to the whims of what the market decides. Pharmadoctor can be used for the Novavax vaccine, from £50 - almost half the cost of the Boots one. But it depends on how many people are booked for it, as it has a short storage time, once opened - fewer people booked and the price increases, to £90, for example when just 2 people get it.

Wells et. al show the benefits of immunising over 50s and young children. Certainly, if the UK factored the costs of Long COVID, we'd have had a more reasonable measurement of what the infection causes and how many more people could be helped, if PHE broadened its scope for vaccine eligibility. Leaving it to the new privately available vaccines to potentially help, is messy and fraught with pitfalls. Surprisingly, the broader USA model is supportive of the greater impacts of the disease. "

I can't find the study you are referring too. If it shows benefits for over 50s... that hard ly supports that the general population does it?

By *amannaCouple 1 week ago

tring

Had all the jabs , after getting covid at the beginning of it all

By *rumguy1982Man 1 week ago

Birmingham

Had none of these jabs and im glad i haven't, i know alot of people who and have never felt the same since doing so.

The way the government literally bullied people into having it was and still is despicable.

If something cannot be questioned without you being branded a conspiracy theorist or anti vaxxer then you know there is something not right.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 1 week ago

Durham

"Had none of these jabs and im glad i haven't, i know alot of people who and have never felt the same since doing so.

The way the government literally bullied people into having it was and still is despicable.

If something cannot be questioned without you being branded a conspiracy theorist or anti vaxxer then you know there is something not right."

The bullying can't have been that bad if you didn't end of getting a cvid jab.

Birmingham

"Had none of these jabs and im glad i haven't, i know alot of people who and have never felt the same since doing so.

If something cannot be questioned without you being branded a conspiracy theorist or anti vaxxer then you know there is something not right.

The bullying can't have been that bad if you didn't end of getting a cvid jab."

For some people, the guilt tripping and the dont be selfish bullcrap that the government was spouting was too much, i didnt care what they said i know my own mind and that was made up.

There are alot of people out there now wishing they hadn't had it just so they could go on holiday....

By *heel markMan 1 week ago

beside the sea

For some people, the guilt tripping and the dont be selfish bullcrap that the government was spouting was too much, i didnt care what they said i know my own mind and that was made up.

There are alot of people out there now wishing they hadn't had it just so they could go on holiday....

I pretty much begged my wife not too have it, 18 months later I'm now bringing my 2 boys up on my own . Heart attack , natural causes the coroner alledges, I have my doubts and nothing or nobody will ever change my mind.

12 months earlier she had her gall bladder removed which obviously was under a general anaesthetic, no problem with her heart then , if there was the op wouldn't have gone ahead.

By *ackformore100Man 1 week ago

Tin town

The bullying can't have been that bad if you didn't end of getting a cvid jab."

Excellent logic.

Birmingham

"For some people, the guilt tripping and the dont be selfish bullcrap that the government was spouting was too much, i didnt care what they said i know my own mind and that was made up.

I pretty much begged my wife not too have it, 18 months later I'm now bringing my 2 boys up on my own . Heart attack , natural causes the coroner alledges, I have my doubts and nothing or nobody will ever change my mind.

12 months earlier she had her gall bladder removed which obviously was under a general anaesthetic, no problem with her heart then , if there was the op wouldn't have gone ahead. "

That is so so sad to hear, that must have been very difficult.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

Still having them. They've been a godsend to millions

By *rauntonbananaMan 1 week ago

Braunton

"For some people, the guilt tripping and the dont be selfish bullcrap that the government was spouting was too much, i didnt care what they said i know my own mind and that was made up.

I had three jabs… out of the blue I had a stroke about 6 weeks ago, despite being relatively fit and healthy, never smoked and very occasional drinker

12 months earlier she had her gall bladder removed which obviously was under a general anaesthetic, no problem with her heart then , if there was the op wouldn't have gone ahead.

That is so so sad to hear, that must have been very difficult."

By *rman82Man 1 week ago

Manchester

Bonkers

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 7 days ago

wonderland.

Just booked my adult disabled daughter in for her booster. I will have mine at the same time.

Cali

By *immy.Man 7 days ago

Manchester

??????? ??????? ???????

Never too late to wake up!! Ffs

"Still having them. They've been a godsend to millions "

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 days ago

Central

"??????? ??????? ???????

Still having them. They've been a godsend to millions "

Millions have been waking up well, thanks to them

By *melie LALWoman 7 days ago

Peterborough

"??????? ??????? ???????

Surprised you haven't mentioned sheeple .

Allow (vulnerable, old and patient-facing) people to make informed decisions for themselves without derogatory undertones. The situation is different now, the pandemic is no more.

By *I TwoCouple 7 days ago

all around

"??????? ??????? ???????

100%

More and more people have woken up and are getting vaccinated

By *igNick1381Man 7 days ago

BRIDGEND

"??????? ??????? ???????

100%

More and more people have woken up and are getting vaccinated "

You reckon?

Most people I know who never had it have continued to not bother

Those who initiated who got it and aren't in the vulnerable range no longer get it

And I know some who qualify (age wise) who aren't bothering with the boosters anymore

It's all anecdotal anyway

By *ackformore100Man 7 days ago

Tin town

"??????? ??????? ???????

100%

More and more people have woken up and are getting vaccinated "

Genuine question as that's far from what I see and hear. Where do you get your facts that show vax booster numbers. I used to be able to find them on the give website but they don't have anything showing number boosted this year compared to last year.

By *adysueandneroCouple 7 days ago

witney

I was told yesterday when I had my booster that the only people that will get it from now on are people over 70, or who have certain health issues. The reason is that the virus has changed and is no longer the danger that it was.

Ray

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 days ago

Central

"??????? ??????? ???????

100%

You reckon?

Those who initiated who got it and aren't in the vulnerable range no longer get it

And I know some who qualify (age wise) who aren't bothering with the boosters anymore

"

The anecdotal stuff comes from individuals, often with some cross to bear. The substantial non-anecdotal volume, comprised of heavyweight quantitive analyses, are pretty solid, in support of the vaccines.

There's progress even with a combined Covid and Flu vaccine option. Could be very effective during the autumn/winter booster season.

Tin town

"??????? ??????? ???????

100%

You reckon?

The anecdotal stuff comes from individuals, often with some cross to bear. The substantial non-anecdotal volume, comprised of heavyweight quantitive analyses, are pretty solid, in support of the vaccines.

There's progress even with a combined Covid and Flu vaccine option. Could be very effective during the autumn/winter booster season. "

Could you direct me to the heavyweight quantitative analysis that shows covid booster jabs have increased compared to last year?

By *uriousCouple 200Couple 7 days ago

leeds

Id say more people have woken up and not bothered, hence why all vax numbers are down flu mmr ect the trust has gone with a lot now

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 7 days ago

wonderland.

"Id say more people have woken up and not bothered, hence why all vax numbers are down flu mmr ect the trust has gone with a lot now "

.the people not giving their kids the mmr are causing a serious issue. Measles is on a dangerous rise

Peterborough

"Id say more people have woken up and not bothered, hence why all vax numbers are down flu mmr ect the trust has gone with a lot now "

They are down because they are not offered to healthy people . The criteria: vulnerable, elderly, patient-facing.

By *razymindMan 7 days ago

Bangor

Seems like both vaccinated an unvaccinated call then selves awaken lol

Tin town

"Id say more people have woken up and not bothered, hence why all vax numbers are down flu mmr ect the trust has gone with a lot now

They are down because they are not offered to healthy people . The criteria: vulnerable, elderly, patient-facing."

And again.. Could you direct me to the official stats that say there are less covid boosters being delivered now than 12 months ago?

Peterborough

"Id say more people have woken up and not bothered, hence why all vax numbers are down flu mmr ect the trust has gone with a lot now

They are down because they are not offered to healthy people . The criteria: vulnerable, elderly, patient-facing.

And again.. Could you direct me to the official stats that say there are less covid boosters being delivered now than 12 months ago? "

Cannot say I've looked. My "they are down" stems from when they were offered to all Vs now.

By *razymindMan 7 days ago

Bangor

I think i d rather give some "boosters"

Tin town

And again.. Could you direct me to the official stats that say there are less covid boosters being delivered now than 12 months ago?

Cannot say I've looked. My "they are down" stems from when they were offered to all Vs now. "

As I thought. The "real numbers" must be out there somewhere. It's just there are some in this thread who think more are having boosters and some who think less are having boosters. So would be good if there were some accurate source of information. Not that it really matters so long as people are making their own informed decisions.

By *alandNitaCouple 6 days ago

Scunthorpe

Cannot say I've looked. My "they are down" stems from when they were offered to all Vs now.

As I thought. The "real numbers" must be out there somewhere. It's just there are some in this thread who think more are having boosters and some who think less are having boosters. So would be good if there were some accurate source of information. Not that it really matters so long as people are making their own informed decisions. "

Looking at the weekly figures (https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-vaccinations/), the number of boosters given on the week if 24th April was almost 1.2 million. The highest figure from last years "spring boosters" was around 800,000.

Cal

By *I TwoCouple 6 days ago

all around

"Seems like both vaccinated an unvaccinated call then selves awaken lol"

Indeed they are, everyone has a choice, and that doesn't mean antivax or provax for all

By *melie LALWoman 6 days ago

Peterborough

"Seems like both vaccinated an unvaccinated call then selves awaken lol

Indeed they are, everyone has a choice, and that doesn't mean antivax or provax for all"

Absolutely!

The extremist view holders are the ones who need to WAKE UP. Informed decision making please!

By *ackformore100Man 6 days ago

Tin town

As I thought. The "real numbers" must be out there somewhere. It's just there are some in this thread who think more are having boosters and some who think less are having boosters. So would be good if there were some accurate source of information. Not that it really matters so long as people are making their own informed decisions.

Looking at the weekly figures (https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-vaccinations/), the number of boosters given on the week if 24th April was almost 1.2 million. The highest figure from last years "spring boosters" was around 800,000.

Cal"

Thanks Cal, seems like an informed debate my breakout, pass it on it might be catching

By *adysueandneroCouple 6 days ago

witney

Cannot say I've looked. My "they are down" stems from when they were offered to all Vs now. "

This is exactly what I was told in the covid booster clinic.

» Add a new message to this topic