FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > BA2.86 confirmed in the UK

BA2.86 confirmed in the UK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    38 weeks ago

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-reports-first-case-new-covid-virus-variant-2023-08-18/

Damn, was hoping for at least another couple of months before the inevitable. Confirmed case has not travelled recently to add to the mix. Oh and for those parents, the School Biowarfare petri dish is right around the corner.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ortyairCouple 38 weeks ago

Wallasey

Whats the inevitable? X

"Whats the inevitable? X"

As it stands, mask mandate is being discussed on Monday. If it goes wildfire, social distancing and worst case another lockdown.

By *alandNitaCouple 38 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Whats the inevitable? X

As it stands, mask mandate is being discussed on Monday. If it goes wildfire, social distancing and worst case another lockdown."

As yet, there has been no information that suggests this variant is of a higher risk than any other variant. It is only of concern due to the number of mutations from Omicron (from which it stems). It is listed as a strain "under monitoring", there is no mention of any country needing any sort of response at this stage.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 38 weeks ago

Durham

We have 5 people off with covid out of 36 people at the moment. Covid is definitely still a thing.

By *ustus56Couple 38 weeks ago

rugby

"Whats the inevitable? X

As it stands, mask mandate is being discussed on Monday. If it goes wildfire, social distancing and worst case another lockdown."

rubbish.after the last fiasco with bozo and the rest of the government doing what the hell they liked while we were told stay in and see nobody who will take a blind bit of notice of any lockdown they would be stupid to even try it oh and crash the economy again

By *imes_berksMan 38 weeks ago

Bracknell

"Whats the inevitable? X

Discussed where? Parliament? The work coffee room? Links to this info would be useful?

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

"We have 5 people off with covid out of 36 people at the moment. Covid is definitely still a thing."

So is skiving work

"The next one will get their attention". - Bill gates

By *ty31Man 38 weeks ago

NW London

"Whats the inevitable? X

I can't see many people taking any notice if that happens again.

Best thing is to stay calm and not encourage the doom mongers!!

"Whats the inevitable? X

As it stands, mask mandate is being discussed on Monday. If it goes wildfire, social distancing and worst case another lockdown.

Discussed where? Parliament? The work coffee room? Links to this info would be useful?"

According to a less than reputable media outlet, Cabinet level.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/investigation-of-sars-cov-2-variants-of-concern-variant-risk-assessments/risk-assessment-for-sars-cov-2-variant-v-23aug-01-or-ba286

By *imes_berksMan 38 weeks ago

Bracknell

"Whats the inevitable? X

Discussed where? Parliament? The work coffee room? Links to this info would be useful?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/investigation-of-sars-cov-2-variants-of-concern-variant-risk-assessments/risk-assessment-for-sars-cov-2-variant-v-23aug-01-or-ba286"

Sorry I wasn’t clear in what I meant when I said discussed. I meant where is the info that mask mandates are being discussed on Monday?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 38 weeks ago

Durham

"We have 5 people off with covid out of 36 people at the moment. Covid is definitely still a thing.

So is skiving work"

It goes against their sick record. If they just want to work from home they can pretty much. Some people literally are in total denial.

Can I have 3 months off furlough on 90%pay I worked through last one ,

I'll do ip garden and house like every body else did in lockdown

By *enSiskoMan 37 weeks ago

Cestus 3

After the last time, I for one will not be following any guidance from the covid bring your own drinks in a suitcase, abba sing along party.

By *aughtynigel02121980Man 37 weeks ago

Brandon

""The next one will get their attention". - Bill gates

"

I saw this yesterday. That smirk says it all

By *anesjhCouple 37 weeks ago

LONDON.

""The next one will get their attention". - Bill gates

"

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"Whats the inevitable? X

Best thing is to stay calm and not encourage the doom mongers!!"

You would hope, I think we're gonna be disappointed

By *nliveneTV/TS 37 weeks ago

Selby

Lockdown soon

By *icecouple561Couple 37 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Whats the inevitable? X

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/investigation-of-sars-cov-2-variants-of-concern-variant-risk-assessments/risk-assessment-for-sars-cov-2-variant-v-23aug-01-or-ba286"

I thought parliament was in recess until 5/9.

By *arklong88Man 37 weeks ago

portslade

Just when I thought it was safe to leave the attic..better go back in!

By *melie LALWoman 37 weeks ago

Peterborough

Sounds like a flight number.

"Whats the inevitable? X

Run for the hills.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 37 weeks ago

Central

"Sounds like a flight number."

It is, I remember it - San Francisco to London

This new variant though, isn't a significant concern, as no known extra health issues, as far as I'm aware. It will be tracked, to the limited extent that places like the UK are now monitoring.

Peterborough

"Sounds like a flight number.

It is, I remember it - San Francisco to London

This new variant though, isn't a significant concern, as no known extra health issues, as far as I'm aware. It will be tracked, to the limited extent that places like the UK are now monitoring."

I imagine the NHS will want us patient-facing staff to wear masks just so it looks like the govt are doing something.

By *moochyvibesMan 37 weeks ago

Lancs

Let's hope they don't have another long lockdown

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Let's hope they don't have another long lockdown"

I can't see many people complying.

By *iss SinWoman 37 weeks ago

portchester

Stop scaremongering

By *ark Knight 2017Man 37 weeks ago

Ware

Yawn...

"Yawn... "

Yawn emoji available at no extra cost

By *arriorstrongMan 37 weeks ago

Preston

"

I imagine the NHS will want us patient-facing staff to wear masks just so it looks like the govt are doing something."

Virtue signalling?

Peterborough

"

I imagine the NHS will want us patient-facing staff to wear masks just so it looks like the govt are doing something.

Virtue signalling? "

Don't get me wrong, masks work, however, the NHS always does things to show it's "progressing"

By *ox1 red leaderMan 37 weeks ago

farnham

"

Virtue signalling?

Don't get me wrong, masks work, however, the NHS always does things to show it's "progressing""

I won't be entertaining any of it at work (nhs)

By *irty_DeedsMan 37 weeks ago

Teesside

Well after the last debacle and rules followed by only us plebs and not the ruling class, I won't be taking a blind bit of notice of the rules.

By *rmrshorny2Couple 37 weeks ago

Seaside

The country couldn’t survive another one tax payers still pay for last one

By *orks and Scots girlCouple 37 weeks ago

leeds

Water cooler claptrap

By *uck-RogersMan 37 weeks ago

Portland

That's just up the road from me. I live at BA4

Peterborough

"

Virtue signalling?

Don't get me wrong, masks work, however, the NHS always does things to show it's "progressing"

I won't be entertaining any of it at work (nhs) "

That's the wrong attitude! As one who advocates people with competent immune systems should have exposure, I also advocate the protecting of vulnerable people.

Teesside

"

Virtue signalling?

That's the wrong attitude! As one who advocates people with competent immune systems should have exposure, I also advocate the protecting of vulnerable people."

Personally I'm in agreement with them, with the farce the NHS trued to pull with the jabs and threatening people's jobs, I wouldn't give them an inch.

I struggled for the initial few months wearing masks despite the sheer panic and cold sweats I felt every single time I put one on. I won't be doing it again unless we're dealing with something a lot more deadly than covid.

"Well after the last debacle and rules followed by only us plebs and not the ruling class, I won't be taking a blind bit of notice of the rules."

That highlights arguably the worst thing Johnson's lot did.

Peterborough

"

Virtue signalling?

That's the wrong attitude! As one who advocates people with competent immune systems should have exposure, I also advocate the protecting of vulnerable people.Personally I'm in agreement with them, with the farce the NHS trued to pull with the jabs and threatening people's jobs, I wouldn't give them an inch.

I struggled for the initial few months wearing masks despite the sheer panic and cold sweats I felt every single time I put one on. I won't be doing it again unless we're dealing with something a lot more deadly than covid."

That'd be the dept of health/govt, not the NHS.

As for rest of country, I cannot see the govt doing anything re masks, unless the WHO advocate it.

I imagine it'll be up to personal choice.

By *ty31Man 37 weeks ago

NW London

"Well after the last debacle and rules followed by only us plebs and not the ruling class, I won't be taking a blind bit of notice of the rules.

That highlights arguably the worst thing Johnson's lot did."

Just Johnson's lot?

It wasn't just Tories who were caught breaking the rules.

What was it this time an undercooked cricket burger?

"Well after the last debacle and rules followed by only us plebs and not the ruling class, I won't be taking a blind bit of notice of the rules.

Just Johnson's lot?

It wasn't just Tories who were caught breaking the rules."

It wasn't just them, no. But Johnson was in charge when he presided over party central during lockdown. Johnson then lied and lied and lied about it. It was a breathtaking slap in the face to every1 who actually followed the rules + every1 who couldn't see loved ones a final time when they were dying. It was a slap in the face to every1 who couldn't even attend funerals in person.

"

Virtue signalling?

That's the wrong attitude! As one who advocates people with competent immune systems should have exposure, I also advocate the protecting of vulnerable people.Personally I'm in agreement with them, with the farce the NHS trued to pull with the jabs and threatening people's jobs, I wouldn't give them an inch.

I struggled for the initial few months wearing masks despite the sheer panic and cold sweats I felt every single time I put one on. I won't be doing it again unless we're dealing with something a lot more deadly than covid."

Masks were supposed to stop you coughing on people, me personally didn't go around coughing on people anyway. Some people are still convinced its some magic air filter that protects the wearer

By *hagTonightMan 37 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

It seems that the general feeling about this one is that people are getting more sceptical about it.

"It seems that the general feeling about this one is that people are getting more sceptical about it."

I hope so

By *ty31Man 37 weeks ago

NW London

Just Johnson's lot?

It wasn't just them, no. But Johnson was in charge when he presided over party central during lockdown. Johnson then lied and lied and lied about it. It was a breathtaking slap in the face to every1 who actually followed the rules + every1 who couldn't see loved ones a final time when they were dying. It was a slap in the face to every1 who couldn't even attend funerals in person."

True, but then there are also people like the Scottish MP who travelled by train to London despite testing positive.

And don't forget Neil Ferguson (aka professor lockdown) who was caught sneaking his (married) lover round for rumpy pumpy despite it being his own (wildly inaccurate) statistics that triggered UK lockdown.

Just Johnson's lot?

It wasn't just them, no. But Johnson was in charge when he presided over party central during lockdown. Johnson then lied and lied and lied about it. It was a breathtaking slap in the face to every1 who actually followed the rules + every1 who couldn't see loved ones a final time when they were dying. It was a slap in the face to every1 who couldn't even attend funerals in person.

True, but then there are also people like the Scottish MP who travelled by train to London despite testing positive.

And don't forget Neil Ferguson (aka professor lockdown) who was caught sneaking his (married) lover round for rumpy pumpy despite it being his own (wildly inaccurate) statistics that triggered UK lockdown."

Yeah fuck them too.

But it was much worse with Johnson because he was in charge + because of all the lies he told about it. And that man, I'm sure, is the reason many people will say fuck the rules if they ever get imposed on us again.

"It seems that the general feeling about this one is that people are getting more sceptical about it.

I hope so "

Yes. I hope so too

Peterborough

"

Virtue signalling?

I struggled for the initial few months wearing masks despite the sheer panic and cold sweats I felt every single time I put one on. I won't be doing it again unless we're dealing with something a lot more deadly than covid.

Masks were supposed to stop you coughing on people, me personally didn't go around coughing on people anyway. Some people are still convinced its some magic air filter that protects the wearer "

That certainly qualifies panty on head wearers but surgical masks do work. At the very minimum to reduce risk.

"It seems that the general feeling about this one is that people are getting more sceptical about it.

I hope so Yes. I hope so too "

All we need is for everyone to say no and not comply and that's it, game over

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 37 weeks ago

Stockport

"

Virtue signalling?

Masks were supposed to stop you coughing on people, me personally didn't go around coughing on people anyway. Some people are still convinced its some magic air filter that protects the wearer "

It's not magic. It's called physics. As long as you get a decent one, N95 or better, you fit it properly to the contours of your face, and you actually wear it, a mask does give some partial protection for the wearer. It isn't absolute, but then little in life is.

If you work on a building site then you wear a hard hat and steel toe cap boots. They won't do diddly squat if an RSJ falls onto you from 10 metres height, or you fall from the 22nd floor. But there are an awful lot of cases where they will save your life.

Similarly if you have extended exposure to a high density of virus, there's a chance of some getting through even the best mask in the world. But if you are a person who is vulnerable to infections (for instance anyone that is being treated for cancer, or have had an organ transplant, or are old, or has a broken immune system, or has to take medication of quite a few different types, or basically anybody that is being treated in a hospital) then people wearing masks that reduce the viral level to only 1% of what it would have been could be the difference between living and dying.

Or you can just do what 98% of the population of the UK have been doing for the last 3 years and say "Infection vulnerable people? Fuck 'em, let them die."

"

Virtue signalling?

Masks were supposed to stop you coughing on people, me personally didn't go around coughing on people anyway. Some people are still convinced its some magic air filter that protects the wearer

It's not magic. It's called physics. As long as you get a decent one, N95 or better, you fit it properly to the contours of your face, and you actually wear it, a mask does give some partial protection for the wearer. It isn't absolute, but then little in life is.

If you work on a building site then you wear a hard hat and steel toe cap boots. They won't do diddly squat if an RSJ falls onto you from 10 metres height, or you fall from the 22nd floor. But there are an awful lot of cases where they will save your life.

Similarly if you have extended exposure to a high density of virus, there's a chance of some getting through even the best mask in the world. But if you are a person who is vulnerable to infections (for instance anyone that is being treated for cancer, or have had an organ transplant, or are old, or has a broken immune system, or has to take medication of quite a few different types, or basically anybody that is being treated in a hospital) then people wearing masks that reduce the viral level to only 1% of what it would have been could be the difference between living and dying.

Or you can just do what 98% of the population of the UK have been doing for the last 3 years and say "Infection vulnerable people? Fuck 'em, let them die.""

Well your hero Fauci was heard saying that they might stop a droplet so really not worth it. The risk of breathing back in the bacteria and carbon dioxide is far more risky than a "virus" that hasn't even been proven to exist. Funny I also run around building site's without a hard hat and when I go to my horses after work in my steel toe cap boots I'm all too aware that they are more dangerous than helpful if a horse stands on you so that's another bag of shit designed to make everyone weak and stupid lol I can't stand ridiculous health and safety bs either I've had some pretty dangerous jobs and these rules are often more hindering than helpful and are only arse covering for insurance purposes and only applicable when it suits which is usually when it's fuckin useless

Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^ how do theatre staff cope during lengthy operations if what you say is true?

Central

"

Virtue signalling?

Some people weren't particularly attentive to the science though l, were they? Masks were primarily to limit risk levels for others. As Covid had a fairly high level of asymptomatic infections, many of us couldn't know that we were infected, as many didn't test, without symptoms.

This new variant is likely just a matter for experts to be aware of, so that they can monitor for any changes to infectivity, illness severity, service overload etc

"^^ how do theatre staff cope during lengthy operations if what you say is true?"

They're changed regularly and the risk is more justified in this situation, some people were putting the same mask back in their pocket after their shopping trip and wearing it again a few days later and the fact that most people wore them from fear of not being able to go shopping rather than for any kind of protection is also pretty awful. My best friend works in theater. However the plastic fibers that are getting into lungs is still something that needs to be looked at so I still won't be wearing one

"

Virtue signalling?

Some people weren't particularly attentive to the science though l, were they? Masks were primarily to limit risk levels for others. As Covid had a fairly high level of asymptomatic infections, many of us couldn't know that we were infected, as many didn't test, without symptoms.

This new variant is likely just a matter for experts to be aware of, so that they can monitor for any changes to infectivity, illness severity, service overload etc"

The deadly virus that shut the world down that you needed a dodgy pcr test to see if you had it. Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous?

By *ed and WolfieCouple 37 weeks ago

Gravesend

You seem to be forgetting that the majority of the population have been vaccinated, there is herd immunity at least partly in place.

There won't be another lockdown.

Was there a massive over reaction by the world last time round? Possibly, possibly not. We will never know. But I suggest that we are much better placed now scientifically and medically than we were 3 years ago.

So all you doom mongers can go and get back in your bunkers and wait for the apocalypse.

By *alandNitaCouple 37 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"^^ how do theatre staff cope during lengthy operations if what you say is true?

They're changed regularly and the risk is more justified in this situation, some people were putting the same mask back in their pocket after their shopping trip and wearing it again a few days later and the fact that most people wore them from fear of not being able to go shopping rather than for any kind of protection is also pretty awful. My best friend works in theater. However the plastic fibers that are getting into lungs is still something that needs to be looked at so I still won't be wearing one"

The only thing that masks do, is stop you spraying your spit (suspended in breath). It's not complicated, and very easily evidenced... you'd also need to be "very dim" to be unable to see that it would be effective. Many people who object to masks, do so because of silly reasons and "pretend" to not believe the very obvious benefits they had.

Realistically, if everyone who had any sort of cold or flu type infection was to wear a mask, it would provide a significant improvement in transmission... and obviously reduce sick days people need to take.

It is totally true that a mask won't prevent you catching something, and they're certainly not 100% effective, but ARE beneficial.

Cal

By *orkshireBeef26Man 37 weeks ago

Kirkella

Started with cold Weds..

Did Covid test on Saturday and positive..never had it before

It's definitely on the increase again .

"^^ how do theatre staff cope during lengthy operations if what you say is true?

They're changed regularly and the risk is more justified in this situation, some people were putting the same mask back in their pocket after their shopping trip and wearing it again a few days later and the fact that most people wore them from fear of not being able to go shopping rather than for any kind of protection is also pretty awful. My best friend works in theater. However the plastic fibers that are getting into lungs is still something that needs to be looked at so I still won't be wearing one

The only thing that masks do, is stop you spraying your spit (suspended in breath). It's not complicated, and very easily evidenced... you'd also need to be "very dim" to be unable to see that it would be effective. Many people who object to masks, do so because of silly reasons and "pretend" to not believe the very obvious benefits they had.

Realistically, if everyone who had any sort of cold or flu type infection was to wear a mask, it would provide a significant improvement in transmission... and obviously reduce sick days people need to take.

It is totally true that a mask won't prevent you catching something, and they're certainly not 100% effective, but ARE beneficial.

Cal"

The big man put air holes in my face for a reason and no one will be covering them

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Cal

The big man put air holes in my face for a reason and no one will be covering them "

Erm...

[Removed by poster at 21/08/23 20:21:44]

By *eiaorganaWoman 37 weeks ago

Dundee

I have a friend in Cardiff who is on day 10 and still infected. This time he has added tingling in his face and swollen hands

By *ad NannaWoman 37 weeks ago

East London

"

Virtue signalling?

I am coughed on in buses or whilst queuing quite regularly.

Let's not forget the sneezers who spray us all with saliva and only use the palm of their hand to block it.

One woman sat with her daughter in the seat in front of me thought it was funny that she had a deathly cough so bad she could barely talk. She said oh I 'ope it ain't Covid ha ha ha ha cough up a lung ha.

I hoped it was and she went into hospital and nearly died.

East London

"I have a friend in Cardiff who is on day 10 and still infected. This time he has added tingling in his face and swollen hands "

My great-granddaughter had a temperature of 40 and had to go into hospital as she was struggling to breathe.

It's a horrible illness for some.

By *orruptionandliesMan 37 weeks ago

Leeds

Who cares, get busy living or wait for the inevitable

"

Virtue signalling?

Let's not forget the sneezers who spray us all with saliva and only use the palm of their hand to block it.

One woman sat with her daughter in the seat in front of me thought it was funny that she had a deathly cough so bad she could barely talk. She said oh I 'ope it ain't Covid ha ha ha ha cough up a lung ha.

"

Wishing people dead? Nice....

Peterborough

Cal"

Hospital grade surgical masks do protect the wearer to some degree.

By *exhillboyMan 37 weeks ago

Vilamoura Portugal

"Whats the inevitable? X

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/investigation-of-sars-cov-2-variants-of-concern-variant-risk-assessments/risk-assessment-for-sars-cov-2-variant-v-23aug-01-or-ba286

I thought parliament was in recess until 5/9. "

Exactly, all it takes is a sniff of a new variant and all the rumour mongers and fake news vendors come crawling out of the skirting boards haha

I hope so Yes. I hope so too

All we need is for everyone to say no and not comply and that's it, game over "

Yes, we need them to do that too

I wish they’d hurry up with this lockdown, my grandad is nearly 99 and not looking like he can wait much longer, but he’s agreed to do 99 laps of the garden every day before I let the lazy sod back in, I’ve already appointed myself CEO of his/our company, we’re donating 1p in every pound donated to the NHS, after the swimming pool has a new roof (once we’ve built the pool that is) Please don’t waste your time clapping, he’s deaf, donations only

East London

"

Virtue signalling?

Wishing people dead? Nice...."

Nearly died. She didn't care that she was coughing her saliva into the air, and thought it was funny.

By *orny PTMan 37 weeks ago

Peterborough

Don't use your phone when on the toilet. Wash your hands: both of them and that should keep the normal lurgy at bay.

Simple and effective.

By *adMerWoman 37 weeks ago

Sandwich

If they ever do impose a lockdown, it should be the most vulnerable that get locked down. You know, those old fuc**rs that insisted on going out every day during the first one, despite the fact that they were happy to stay indoors watching tv until they were told that they had to!

I truly feel that the majority of the population will ignore any future lockdowns were they to be imposed.

It’s about time that the sick and the weak were culled and it’s almost totally inevitable!

"

Virtue signalling?

This new variant is likely just a matter for experts to be aware of, so that they can monitor for any changes to infectivity, illness severity, service overload etc

The deadly virus that shut the world down that you needed a dodgy pcr test to see if you had it. Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous?"

Yes! You said this "The risk of breathing back in the bacteria and carbon dioxide is far more risky than a "virus" that hasn't even been proven to exist"

By *londeHotwife87Couple 37 weeks ago

Sheffield

"If they ever do impose a lockdown, it should be the most vulnerable that get locked down. You know, those old fuc**rs that insisted on going out every day during the first one, despite the fact that they were happy to stay indoors watching tv until they were told that they had to!

I truly feel that the majority of the population will ignore any future lockdowns were they to be imposed.

It’s about time that the sick and the weak were culled and it’s almost totally inevitable!"

Written like a politician in 1930s Germany that last line

"I wish they’d hurry up with this lockdown, my grandad is nearly 99 and not looking like he can wait much longer, but he’s agreed to do 99 laps of the garden every day before I let the lazy sod back in, I’ve already appointed myself CEO of his/our company, we’re donating 1p in every pound donated to the NHS, after the swimming pool has a new roof (once we’ve built the pool that is) Please don’t waste your time clapping, he’s deaf, donations only "

I forgot about the clapping omg!! Banging pots and pans like absolute roasters haha

"

a "virus" that hasn't even been proven to exist""

"If they ever do impose a lockdown, it should be the most vulnerable that get locked down. You know, those old fuc**rs that insisted on going out every day during the first one, despite the fact that they were happy to stay indoors watching tv until they were told that they had to!

It’s about time that the sick and the weak were culled and it’s almost totally inevitable!

Written like a politician in 1930s Germany that last line "

Or 2023 UK

By *londeHotwife87Couple 37 weeks ago

Sheffield

Written like a politician in 1930s Germany that last line

Or 2023 UK "

Ah yes - apologies. I keep trying to tell myself that Suella Braverman isn’t actually a thing

Teesside

Well, they'll fit right in with the vaccine zealots from the start of the pandemic who wanted all unvaxxed rounded up, put in camps, denied medical treatment, tried for murder, held down and vaxxed against their will and various other degrees of ridiculousness.

I'd hate to see how much humanity would fall apart and turn on each other if we were dealing with even a 10% more fatality rate.

By *teveuk77Man 37 weeks ago

uk

"Well, they'll fit right in with the vaccine zealots from the start of the pandemic who wanted all unvaxxed rounded up, put in camps, denied medical treatment, tried for murder, held down and vaxxed against their will and various other degrees of ridiculousness.

I'd hate to see how much humanity would fall apart and turn on each other if we were dealing with even a 10% more fatality rate."

Does a 10% fatality rate kill more of the population than a 1% fatality rate?

By *reeSpiritElleWoman 37 weeks ago

Near the Beach

"Whats the inevitable? X

The most recent news article by a British newspaper, is The Guardian, 18 Aug:

"Dr Meera Chand, the deputy director of UKHSA, said: “We are aware of one confirmed case in the UK."

One case!

And NO mention of mask mandate mentioned anywhere!!

If you've got insider information then we'd love to hear it.

If not, then please stop scaremongering and find something more legitimate and meaningful to post about

Teesside

"Well, they'll fit right in with the vaccine zealots from the start of the pandemic who wanted all unvaxxed rounded up, put in camps, denied medical treatment, tried for murder, held down and vaxxed against their will and various other degrees of ridiculousness.

I'd hate to see how much humanity would fall apart and turn on each other if we were dealing with even a 10% more fatality rate.

Does a 10% fatality rate kill more of the population than a 1% fatality rate?"

I'd assume its 9% more.

By *issing hotlipsMan 37 weeks ago

wirral

Not a fukin chance I will comply

"You seem to be forgetting that the majority of the population have been vaccinated, there is herd immunity at least partly in place.

Was there a massive over reaction by the world last time round? Possibly, possibly not. We will never know. But I suggest that we are much better placed now scientifically and medically than we were 3 years ago.

So all you doom mongers can go and get back in your bunkers and wait for the apocalypse."

Herd immunity lol

From the vaccines that don’t stop you catching or passing on Covid. Your funny

I really can’t believe we’re doing this again.

We will not be wearing masks or following any mandates

Never had Covid vaccine and never will.

The date is out there, the people still getting Covid are the vaccinated lol

"You seem to be forgetting that the majority of the population have been vaccinated, there is herd immunity at least partly in place.

So all you doom mongers can go and get back in your bunkers and wait for the apocalypse.

Herd immunity lol

The date is out there, the people still getting Covid are the vaccinated lol"

Exactly, isn't it funny that between all of the thousands of so called conspiracy theorists in all the groups I'm in didn't wear masks, stay home, sanitise themselves etc and were the only one's who didn't see this this mystery virus? Everyone got the jab and we oh no I still "caught" COVID no you're I'll from the injection you just took!

Teesside

Herd immunity lol

Exactly, isn't it funny that between all of the thousands of so called conspiracy theorists in all the groups I'm in didn't wear masks, stay home, sanitise themselves etc and were the only one's who didn't see this this mystery virus? Everyone got the jab and we oh no I still "caught" COVID no you're I'll from the injection you just took! "

I had covid before I had any jabs. So how does that work?

Peterborough

"

Virtue signalling?

The deadly virus that shut the world down that you needed a dodgy pcr test to see if you had it. Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous?

Yes! You said this "The risk of breathing back in the bacteria and carbon dioxide is far more risky than a "virus" that hasn't even been proven to exist""

Yeah agreed. The poster does herself no favours coming out with rubbish like this. So when she spouts positive stuff like learning about nutrition, learning about disease, it may fall on deaf ears.

Peterborough

Herd immunity lol

The date is out there, the people still getting Covid are the vaccinated lol"

Bless

Peterborough

Herd immunity lol

Exactly, isn't it funny that between all of the thousands of so called conspiracy theorists in all the groups I'm in didn't wear masks, stay home, sanitise themselves etc and were the only one's who didn't see this this mystery virus? Everyone got the jab and we oh no I still "caught" COVID no you're I'll from the injection you just took! "

Misinformation

Herd immunity lol

Exactly, isn't it funny that between all of the thousands of so called conspiracy theorists in all the groups I'm in didn't wear masks, stay home, sanitise themselves etc and were the only one's who didn't see this this mystery virus? Everyone got the jab and we oh no I still "caught" COVID no you're I'll from the injection you just took!

Misinformation "

Just using my own eye's and ears and giving my honest findings, should I buy a TV and just copy what they say? Xx

By *rHotNottsMan 37 weeks ago

Dubai

"Whats the inevitable? X

Best thing is to stay calm and not encourage the doom mongers!!"

As long as I can remember the uk has been constantly hit by cold / cough viruses that make some feel a bit poorly while others still climb mountains , it’s the no.1 favourite saying in most offices ‘ there’s a virus going around…. This one’s a bad one everyone is getting it!’

The only difference is now they have funky names and peoples common sense has evolved a bit so most of us know how to avoid catching them.

"

Virtue signalling?

Yes! You said this "The risk of breathing back in the bacteria and carbon dioxide is far more risky than a "virus" that hasn't even been proven to exist"

Yeah agreed. The poster does herself no favours coming out with rubbish like this. So when she spouts positive stuff like learning about nutrition, learning about disease, it may fall on deaf ears."

Bacterial pneumonia was a big thing during mask wearing but I'm sure most of it was put down as COVID, I spoke to a lot of people who were furious that their family members had died of cancer other causes and put down as COVID. Why does a real pandemic need fake cases? Why was anyone who died within 28 days of a positive pcr test put down as COVID but anyone who died within 28 days of a vaccine was absolutely nothing to with the vaccine? I know people who were suddenly allergic to hair dye after it to people who had blood clots and one guy at work just dropped dead on the job. It's pretty frustrating when you see something so clearly when everyone is in denial so apologies for my rants it's "that week" and I'm tired of this now and I'm absolutely terrified that if make up a new story everyone is gonna enable them to do the same shit over again xx

By *wisted999Man 37 weeks ago

North Bucks

Was the economy not broken enough last time?

Still I suppose I could submit a sweet tender for PPE supply and keep the cash.

Nobody will lockdown anything like last time. Not like a pub near me locked down anyway they must have taken lead from our political leaders.

Will sit this one out.

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS 37 weeks ago

South Birmingham

if you scared of covid and its variant and beleive all the crapp they dish out then live in a bubble and stay home.

Peterborough

"

Virtue signalling?

Yeah agreed. The poster does herself no favours coming out with rubbish like this. So when she spouts positive stuff like learning about nutrition, learning about disease, it may fall on deaf ears.

Bacterial pneumonia was a big thing during mask wearing but I'm sure most of it was put down as COVID, I spoke to a lot of people who were furious that their family members had died of cancer other causes and put down as COVID. Why does a real pandemic need fake cases? Why was anyone who died within 28 days of a positive pcr test put down as COVID but anyone who died within 28 days of a vaccine was absolutely nothing to with the vaccine? I know people who were suddenly allergic to hair dye after it to people who had blood clots and one guy at work just dropped dead on the job. It's pretty frustrating when you see something so clearly when everyone is in denial so apologies for my rants it's "that week" and I'm tired of this now and I'm absolutely terrified that if make up a new story everyone is gonna enable them to do the same shit over again xx"

I can agree with some of your frustrations. I can only imagine that dying with covid was some sort of audit/monitoring strategy.

I don't fear another lockdown with a further wave from a different mutation as it isn't economically or biologically beneficial. It would very much smack of controlling the minions.

I've already stated what may happen... Protect the vulnerable.

I want to protect the vulnerable, they're killing them, let's say COVID was very real , why were infected people put in nursing homes? Is it just a coincidence that Just as thousands of human jobs are taken over by machine's (self service shops , no humans in banks, self driving transport is being trialled) that suddenly a massive amount of people are effectively culled? I don't want people to die, seeing videos of people outside nursing homes crying through the window to their parents who were being held against their will and you can look into the massive amount of midazolam and remdesivir that was bought these people were killed and they're not finished yet there's still far too many of us, why would billionaires care about your granny? It's crazy to think that they would xx

Peterborough

"I want to protect the vulnerable, they're killing them, let's say COVID was very real , why were infected people put in nursing homes? Is it just a coincidence that Just as thousands of human jobs are taken over by machine's (self service shops , no humans in banks, self driving transport is being trialled) that suddenly a massive amount of people are effectively culled? I don't want people to die, seeing videos of people outside nursing homes crying through the window to their parents who were being held against their will and you can look into the massive amount of midazolam and remdesivir that was bought these people were killed and they're not finished yet there's still far too many of us, why would billionaires care about your granny? It's crazy to think that they would xx"

Culling large numbers? They (the govt) weren't very successful then, because the percentage was small.

Peterborough

Btw midazolam is a drug used in palliative care, it has anti-anxiety and anti-emetic properties. All end of life meds are titrated slowly. The aim of palliative care is neither to hasten or impede death, but control the symptoms.

Your aversion to all things pharmaceutical is ridiculous.

"I want to protect the vulnerable, they're killing them, let's say COVID was very real , why were infected people put in nursing homes? Is it just a coincidence that Just as thousands of human jobs are taken over by machine's (self service shops , no humans in banks, self driving transport is being trialled) that suddenly a massive amount of people are effectively culled? I don't want people to die, seeing videos of people outside nursing homes crying through the window to their parents who were being held against their will and you can look into the massive amount of midazolam and remdesivir that was bought these people were killed and they're not finished yet there's still far too many of us, why would billionaires care about your granny? It's crazy to think that they would xx

Culling large numbers? They (the govt) weren't very successful then, because the percentage was small."

A small percentage of a global population is still millions of people

"Btw midazolam is a drug used in palliative care, it has anti-anxiety and anti-emetic properties. All end of life meds are titrated slowly. The aim of palliative care is neither to hasten or impede death, but control the symptoms.

Your aversion to all things pharmaceutical is ridiculous."

I know what it's for and it was abused massively, how does a sedative help with a respiratory infection?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I want to protect the vulnerable, they're killing them, let's say COVID was very real , why were infected people put in nursing homes? Is it just a coincidence that Just as thousands of human jobs are taken over by machine's (self service shops , no humans in banks, self driving transport is being trialled) that suddenly a massive amount of people are effectively culled? I don't want people to die, seeing videos of people outside nursing homes crying through the window to their parents who were being held against their will and you can look into the massive amount of midazolam and remdesivir that was bought these people were killed and they're not finished yet there's still far too many of us, why would billionaires care about your granny? It's crazy to think that they would xx"

I thought infected people were put into nursing homes due to massive incompetence on the government's behalf and Boris Johnsons 'pile 'em high' policy

It could be coincidence that a massive amount of people died but I don't think it was. There's been a pandemic or at least an epidemic very regularly throughout history. The flu epidemic that occurred just after WW1 just added to the vast numbers killed in conflict and left this country very short of young working age men.

I don't think for one minute that most billionaires care about my granny (rip, one died at 62 from now preventable heart disease you might think on that and the other lived until 92 and died of old age). Howeti don't think most billionaires want to reduce the population, their wealth is built on the labour of the masses.

Are you saying that people are being administered drugs by health care workers that are killing them? Considering the recent very well publicised case that's a huge statement and one I think that you should back up with evidence or withdraw.

By *aughtystaffs60Couple 37 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Keeps the sewage plant testers and analysts in work I guess

Peterborough

"I want to protect the vulnerable, they're killing them, let's say COVID was very real , why were infected people put in nursing homes? Is it just a coincidence that Just as thousands of human jobs are taken over by machine's (self service shops , no humans in banks, self driving transport is being trialled) that suddenly a massive amount of people are effectively culled? I don't want people to die, seeing videos of people outside nursing homes crying through the window to their parents who were being held against their will and you can look into the massive amount of midazolam and remdesivir that was bought these people were killed and they're not finished yet there's still far too many of us, why would billionaires care about your granny? It's crazy to think that they would xx

Culling large numbers? They (the govt) weren't very successful then, because the percentage was small.

A small percentage of a global population is still millions of people "

My point still stands.

Peterborough

"Btw midazolam is a drug used in palliative care, it has anti-anxiety and anti-emetic properties. All end of life meds are titrated slowly. The aim of palliative care is neither to hasten or impede death, but control the symptoms.

I know what it's for and it was abused massively, how does a sedative help with a respiratory infection?"

You discuss things at cross purposes. Either that or you're making assumptions. You were discussing old people in residential/nursing homes.

By *ldgeezermeMan 37 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

A small percentage of a global population is still millions of people "

Complete this sentence:

Those millions of people were killed by...

Peterborough

I thought infected people were put into nursing homes due to massive incompetence on the government's behalf and Boris Johnsons 'pile 'em high' policy

It could be coincidence that a massive amount of people died but I don't think it was. There's been a pandemic or at least an epidemic very regularly throughout history. The flu epidemic that occurred just after WW1 just added to the vast numbers killed in conflict and left this country very short of young working age men.

I don't think for one minute that most billionaires care about my granny (rip, one died at 62 from now preventable heart disease you might think on that and the other lived until 92 and died of old age). Howeti don't think most billionaires want to reduce the population, their wealth is built on the labour of the masses.

Are you saying that people are being administered drugs by health care workers that are killing them? Considering the recent very well publicised case that's a huge statement and one I think that you should back up with evidence or withdraw. "

We are governed by so much legislation which means endless policies and protocols guarding against abuse by medication.

That's not to say errors don't occur, and that the Letbys and Shipmans of this world won't find ways. Thankfully it's rare.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Are you saying that people are being administered drugs by health care workers that are killing them? Considering the recent very well publicised case that's a huge statement and one I think that you should back up with evidence or withdraw.

We are governed by so much legislation which means endless policies and protocols guarding against abuse by medication.

That's not to say errors don't occur, and that the Letbys and Shipmans of this world won't find ways. Thankfully it's rare."

It seems that some would have us believe differently.

I'll bring you information but I'm not allowed to post links here and I'm blocked from messaging you plus unless it's a letter from the government or pharmaceutical companies said oh yes we're murdering people you're gonna tell me it's unofficial and just an opinion or it's biased anyway so I'll be wasting my time but I'm willing to try. For a change of perspective can you imagine that people were being murdered and people are trying their best to warn you but you won't hear it and you allow it to keep happening, are you ok with that? If that was the case and a load more people are killed because of your ignorance I need to know if this is ok with you all? Xx

By *lym4realCouple 37 weeks ago

plymouth

Honestly can't see another lockdown after the fiasco of the last few where the few did whatever they liked it seemed ?? and Covid will be a "Thing" despite keeping your fingers pressed firmly into your ears and yelling "Lalalala i've got special knowledge" as a virus like covid will just tell you to basically feck off and carry on doing it's funky stuff which is mutating to stay alive xxx

By *otbeefandonionsCouple 37 weeks ago

Bathgate

Just out of interest, for those that believe that midazolam was given to kill everyone's grannies, how many people have you nursed when they have been end of life?

" Honestly can't see another lockdown after the fiasco of the last few where the few did whatever they liked it seemed ?? and Covid will be a "Thing" despite keeping your fingers pressed firmly into your ears and yelling "Lalalala i've got special knowledge" as a virus like covid will just tell you to basically feck off and carry on doing it's funky stuff which is mutating to stay alive xxx "

Is that the same as the fingers in ears lala la lalala vaccines are safe and effective even when people are dropping dead?

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple 37 weeks ago

Chester

"Just out of interest, for those that believe that midazolam was given to kill everyone's grannies, how many people have you nursed when they have been end of life? "

I did in December, midazolam and morphine was in her home pack but wasn't used

"Just out of interest, for those that believe that midazolam was given to kill everyone's grannies, how many people have you nursed when they have been end of life? "

I'm not a nurse but midazolam is a respiratory suppressant so to give it to someone with respiratory infection along with morphine it's deadly

Bathgate

"Just out of interest, for those that believe that midazolam was given to kill everyone's grannies, how many people have you nursed when they have been end of life?

I'm not a nurse but midazolam is a respiratory suppressant so to give it to someone with respiratory infection along with morphine it's deadly "

So, none then, yeah?

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 37 weeks ago

wonderland.

I'd like to know this too.. they are talking out of their arses

Those saying its just one case of this new strain shows their inability to read an article. What it actually says is that this is now the dominant strain that they are tracking.. and 1 case has now been found in someone who hasn't travelled anywhere or direct links to travel.

There is quite an increase of hospitalisation due to covid just now.

"Just out of interest, for those that believe that midazolam was given to kill everyone's grannies, how many people have you nursed when they have been end of life?

I'm not a nurse but midazolam is a respiratory suppressant so to give it to someone with respiratory infection along with morphine it's deadly

So, none then, yeah?

"

Yeah none

You want information from doctor's and nurses and I could send you tons but then you go yeah but not that doctor or not her she was sacked....well yeah that's what you do when you're trying to murder people, you get rid of the ones who open their mouth

Bathgate

I don't need tonnes of information from Dr's or nurses. I've worked front line nursing hundreds of people who are end of life.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 37 weeks ago

Reading

"I don't need tonnes of information from Dr's or nurses. I've worked front line nursing hundreds of people who are end of life.

"

Yep, me too. #S2S

By *ldgeezermeMan 37 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

"You want information from doctor's and nurses and I could send you tons but then you go yeah but not that doctor or not her she was sacked....well yeah that's what you do when you're trying to murder people, you get rid of the ones who open their mouth "

Is there any conspiracy theory you don't subscribe to?

My tuppence worth

Covid was dangerous when it first appeared I'm certainly not denying that.

I've lost family to it and I know of others that had it and suffered with it.

But many many more like me that didn't get it and no one in my immediate family.

And I worked through it all from first reporting to final end of the lock downs.

And if there is a new variant well bring it on.

Like has been said most have been inoculated and have some form of protection going on.

And the very nature of any virus is that it gets weaker with every variant unless it's something totally new??

Yes some are testing positive for covid even now but with no real problems like we're originally reported

Basically those testing positive have a cold.

Yes stay off work and don't give it to anyone else but don't scare monger that the apocalypse is coming, it's not.

Peterborough

"You want information from doctor's and nurses and I could send you tons but then you go yeah but not that doctor or not her she was sacked....well yeah that's what you do when you're trying to murder people, you get rid of the ones who open their mouth

Is there any conspiracy theory you don't subscribe to?"

It's getting boring, isn't it!

Peterborough

"My tuppence worth

Covid was dangerous when it first appeared I'm certainly not denying that.

I've lost family to it and I know of others that had it and suffered with it.

But many many more like me that didn't get it and no one in my immediate family.

And I worked through it all from first reporting to final end of the lock downs.

And if there is a new variant well bring it on.

Like has been said most have been inoculated and have some form of protection going on.

And the very nature of any virus is that it gets weaker with every variant unless it's something totally new??

Yes some are testing positive for covid even now but with no real problems like we're originally reported

Basically those testing positive have a cold.

Yes stay off work and don't give it to anyone else but don't scare monger that the apocalypse is coming, it's not."

Certainly not from covid-19.

By *csheffMan 37 weeks ago

Sheffield

"

Virtue signalling?

That's the wrong attitude! As one who advocates people with competent immune systems should have exposure, I also advocate the protecting of vulnerable people."

Last time I looked at some of the analyse there wasn't much showing that mask wearing was actually that effective.

Teesside

"You want information from doctor's and nurses and I could send you tons but then you go yeah but not that doctor or not her she was sacked....well yeah that's what you do when you're trying to murder people, you get rid of the ones who open their mouth

Is there any conspiracy theory you don't subscribe to?"

I hope they draw the line at flat earth.

Conspiracy involving the govt potentially involve a grain of truth cause they're all corrupt as fuck but I'm not entertaining a flat earth.

Sheffield

Culling large numbers? They (the govt) weren't very successful then, because the percentage was small."

Moving old people infected with covid out of hospitals and back into care homes was a total failure by public health England but I wouldn't go as far as saying is was a deliberate conspiracy..

Sheffield

Your aversion to all things pharmaceutical is ridiculous."

Midazolam is know to cause shallow and slowed breathing. It's quite reasonable to argue that it's not appropriate for it to be perscribed to covid patients that already have trouble breathing and low blood oxygen levels.

Is there any conspiracy theory you don't subscribe to?I hope they draw the line at flat earth.

Conspiracy involving the govt potentially involve a grain of truth cause they're all corrupt as fuck but I'm not entertaining a flat earth. "

Flat earthers drive me insane they're often quite unreasonable people and I offered them a chance to give me information and was called globey etc so fuck them however I don't think any of us know what shape it is

Central

[Removed by poster at 22/08/23 14:47:18]

Central

"

Virtue signalling?

That's the wrong attitude! As one who advocates people with competent immune systems should have exposure, I also advocate the protecting of vulnerable people.

Last time I looked at some of the analyse there wasn't much showing that mask wearing was actually that effective."

Unfortunately, the research evidence may have been missed by you, as mask wearing has been evidenced to show significant effects, in reducing transmission. Certainty, at the start of the pandemic, evidence was thin on the ground. That changed and they've been shown as contributing positive effects and even greater benefits, when part of comprehensive measures pursued.

Teesside

Is there any conspiracy theory you don't subscribe to?I hope they draw the line at flat earth.

Conspiracy involving the govt potentially involve a grain of truth cause they're all corrupt as fuck but I'm not entertaining a flat earth.

Flat earthers drive me insane they're often quite unreasonable people and I offered them a chance to give me information and was called globey etc so fuck them however I don't think any of us know what shape it is "

I'm not getting into it cause the whole flat earth thing drives me insane but we know very accurately what shape it is and have for a looong time.

Sheffield

"

Virtue signalling?

Last time I looked at some of the analyse there wasn't much showing that mask wearing was actually that effective.

Unfortunately, the research evidence may have been missed by you, as mask wearing has been evidenced to show significant effects, in reducing transmission. Certainty, at the start of the pandemic, evidence was thin on the ground. That changed and they've been shown as contributing positive effects and even greater benefits, when part of comprehensive measures pursued. "

Fantastic, if you can point me in the direction of the studies or preferably meta analysis that show "they contribute positive effects and even greater benefits" I would love to go have a re-read.

Peterborough

Moving old people infected with covid out of hospitals and back into care homes was a total failure by public health England but I wouldn't go as far as saying is was a deliberate conspiracy.. "

PHE were not involved. It was acute NHS Trusts instructed by DHSC, led by Hancock.

The point being is they were moved because they no longer required hospital treatment.

Peterborough

Midazolam is know to cause shallow and slowed breathing. It's quite reasonable to argue that it's not appropriate for it to be perscribed to covid patients that already have trouble breathing and low blood oxygen levels."

Thanks for reading what I actually put . They were no longer patients, they were residents (who were unfortunately still contagious). I was stating how midazolam is used in the community.

Peterborough

"

Virtue signalling?

Unfortunately, the research evidence may have been missed by you, as mask wearing has been evidenced to show significant effects, in reducing transmission. Certainty, at the start of the pandemic, evidence was thin on the ground. That changed and they've been shown as contributing positive effects and even greater benefits, when part of comprehensive measures pursued.

Fantastic, if you can point me in the direction of the studies or preferably meta analysis that show "they contribute positive effects and even greater benefits" I would love to go have a re-read."

I could but CBA. But they are out there and the critical point is that mask wearing in this context is re surgical masks. Not the pointless cotton ones.

By *elshie69Man 37 weeks ago

Feltham

"Lockdown soon "

Thank goodness for that, been stocking up on Happy Shopper spam for weeks now

"

Virtue signalling?

Fantastic, if you can point me in the direction of the studies or preferably meta analysis that show "they contribute positive effects and even greater benefits" I would love to go have a re-read.

I could but CBA. But they are out there and the critical point is that mask wearing in this context is re surgical masks. Not the pointless cotton ones."

You won't look at anyone else's evidence and won't provide your own but you will argue black is white at any given opportunity? Yeah very credible

Midazolam is know to cause shallow and slowed breathing. It's quite reasonable to argue that it's not appropriate for it to be perscribed to covid patients that already have trouble breathing and low blood oxygen levels.

Thanks for reading what I actually put . They were no longer patients, they were residents (who were unfortunately still contagious). I was stating how midazolam is used in the community."

It was given as a COVID treatment

Bathgate

Thanks for reading what I actually put . They were no longer patients, they were residents (who were unfortunately still contagious). I was stating how midazolam is used in the community.

It was given as a COVID treatment "

In what part of the UK? I've only known it to be part of the kardex/jic protocol in Scotland

In what part of the UK? I've only known it to be part of the kardex/jic protocol in Scotland "

all over

Bathgate

In what part of the UK? I've only known it to be part of the kardex/jic protocol in Scotland all over "

Evidence? It certainly was not in Scotland.

They're not even trying to hide this one, quick type into Google it's all there

They're pretending it was used as an anti-inflammatory

Bathgate

"They're not even trying to hide this one, quick type into Google it's all there"

Nope nothing at all about it being used as a treatment for covid.

You just contradicted yourself and drop the attitude or I'm not replying

By (user no longer on site) OP    37 weeks ago

"Lockdown soon

Thank goodness for that, been stocking up on Happy Shopper spam for weeks now "

Their baked beans are not horrific.

Bathgate

"You just contradicted yourself and drop the attitude or I'm not replying "

Excuse me??? How did I contradict myself? Hahaha

I'm sorry that there being no evidence bruised your ego so much that you are projecting me as having attitude

You're excused

Bathgate

"You're excused "

So....how did I contradict myself?

And what is the source for your claim that midazolam was used as a covid treatment?

Peterborough

"

Virtue signalling?

I could but CBA. But they are out there and the critical point is that mask wearing in this context is re surgical masks. Not the pointless cotton ones.

You won't look at anyone else's evidence and won't provide your own but you will argue black is white at any given opportunity? Yeah very credible "

Says the person that rarely provides rationale for their opinions.

Peterborough

"They're pretending it was used as an anti-inflammatory "

Are you confusing it with dexamethasone? As a steroid it IS an anti-inflammatory.

Peterborough

"You're excused

And what is the source for your claim that midazolam was used as a covid treatment?"

YouTube, betcha

Teesside

"You're excused

And what is the source for your claim that midazolam was used as a covid treatment?"

Their proof is its a conspiracy that's been around since the early days of the pandemic with zero evidence to back it up. All I've saw are wild claims about the amount of elderly people who died being some sort of evidence.

Shock horror. Vulnerable people in care homes were badly effected by a respiratory virus that mainly killed those with Comorbidities. Who would have thought that the elderly and sick would be most vulnerable

Sheffield

Moving old people infected with covid out of hospitals and back into care homes was a total failure by public health England but I wouldn't go as far as saying is was a deliberate conspiracy..

PHE were not involved. It was acute NHS Trusts instructed by DHSC, led by Hancock.

The point being is they were moved because they no longer required hospital treatment."

My apologies thr DHSC not PHE. regardless of there medical need the way in which they where discharged back in to carehomes has been ruled on by the high Court and found to be illegal.

Bathgate

"the way in which they where discharged back in to carehomes has been ruled on by the high Court and found to be illegal."

This I 10000000% get behind. It was absolutely disgusting

Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 22/08/23 21:51:43]

Peterborough

Certainly disgusting

Central

"

Virtue signalling?

Fantastic, if you can point me in the direction of the studies or preferably meta analysis that show "they contribute positive effects and even greater benefits" I would love to go have a re-read."

A literature search will get you the goodies

By *ust RachelTV/TS 37 weeks ago

Eastbourne

"

Virtue signalling?

If its a lot more deadlier than covid, you might need to wear a lot more than a mask. Possibly an NBC suit, complete with matching respirator

Teesside

"

Virtue signalling?

If its a lot more deadlier than covid, you might need to wear a lot more than a mask. Possibly an NBC suit, complete with matching respirator "

I think I'd rather just die

By *arryMcCockinnerMan 37 weeks ago

Sligo

"Whats the inevitable? X

rubbish.after the last fiasco with bozo and the rest of the government doing what the hell they liked while we were told stay in and see nobody who will take a blind bit of notice of any lockdown they would be stupid to even try it oh and crash the economy again"

sad part is everyone will. and crash the economy is exactly what they want. the amount of cashless this and digital currencies that you see around lately

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Whats the inevitable? X

rubbish.after the last fiasco with bozo and the rest of the government doing what the hell they liked while we were told stay in and see nobody who will take a blind bit of notice of any lockdown they would be stupid to even try it oh and crash the economy again

sad part is everyone will. and crash the economy is exactly what they want. the amount of cashless this and digital currencies that you see around lately "

Who wants to crash the economy and why?

By *penbicoupleCouple 37 weeks ago

Northampton

"Lockdown soon "

Nope. Wanna bet?

By *nnie2009Couple 37 weeks ago

Blackpool

"Stop scaremongering "
that's all it is,there won't be another lockdown

By *r SproutMan 37 weeks ago

the middle somewhere

Whatever happens, just don’t buy all the toilet paper this time!!

By *alleyDaveMan 37 weeks ago

Sheffield

Being self employed , I worked through all the lockdowns ,I've never had a covid test ,and as far as I know, ive never had covid.i had all the jabs I was advised to have .

Would I adhere to any future lockdowns ? NEVER ,NOT A CHANCE

Def won’t be having any jabs this time only had two last time

Peterborough

"Being self employed , I worked through all the lockdowns ,I've never had a covid test ,and as far as I know, ive never had covid.i had all the jabs I was advised to have .

Would I adhere to any future lockdowns ? NEVER ,NOT A CHANCE "

That's funny. Why? Because if we ever get a novel virus pandemic like Ebola, you will want to lock down.

Peterborough

^^ As in fatality of Ebola and transmissible like covid.

"^^ As in fatality of Ebola and transmissible like covid."

I was in Sierra Leone when Ebola was heavy, I'm sure the locals seen enough to know what to do. But hey, it's just another conspiracy eh

Peterborough

"^^ As in fatality of Ebola and transmissible like covid.

I was in Sierra Leone when Ebola was heavy, I'm sure the locals seen enough to know what to do. But hey, it's just another conspiracy eh "

Haemorrhagic fever must be extremely frightening to witness. Add high transmissibility to that and the globe would be culled.

"Being self employed , I worked through all the lockdowns ,I've never had a covid test ,and as far as I know, ive never had covid.i had all the jabs I was advised to have .

Would I adhere to any future lockdowns ? NEVER ,NOT A CHANCE "

“I've never had a covid test ,and as far as I know, ive never had covid“

Duhhh. How would you know if you’ve never tested for it?