FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Coughing - Home made remedy

Coughing - Home made remedy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exanthem OP   Man 32 weeks ago

North

Folks - just want to share something with you - I contracted Covid in the first week of August and since then my cough became a pain in the ass. I could not talk for more than 7 seconds in a stretch, so you can imagine it was really bad. Reached out to me GP, got the standard answer, it’s a Virus, cannot give your any medicine, your body will fix it self in due course of time. So I waited..nothing changed. Too Ginger Honey etc etc..it helped in soothing my throat but no major change in condition..so I kind of gave up..thought I will have to live with it forever..started impacting my work and personal life…towards the end of September, I was chatting with someone in India and they put me in touch with a person..I texted him my condition and this person recommended a very simple home made remedy..I ordered the stuff and made the remedy minute..it’s been over a week now since I started taking it and I can say it made a huge difference, my cough is reduced massively, phlegm is almost gone, crackling noise in chest reduced a lot…so it seems working…I am not sure if it is really this remedy that helped or my body finally started fighting back after almost 2 months of suffering?? I am not sure but I will stay ok the course for 2 more weeks and see how I am doing..if I am cured fully, I will let you all know what I tried..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 32 weeks ago

Reading

And the remedy was what exactly? Or do we have to email your mate in India?

By *nliveneTV/TS 32 weeks ago

Selby

Whiskey, lemon peel and honey . Make sure you not driving afterwards having this recipe. Children's to not attempt at home

By *ools and the brainCouple 32 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

OP can you definitively say that it was the secret potion that cured you or just pure coincidence that it stopped on it's own as the virus had run it's course but you started taking it at the same time?

North

"OP can you definitively say that it was the secret potion that cured you or just pure coincidence that it stopped on it's own as the virus had run it's course but you started taking it at the same time?"

I too have the same question in my mind as I stated in post - so I am going to try it for next 15 more days and see where I land…I have an appointment booked with my GP next week and let’s see what he says after hearing it…

North

"And the remedy was what exactly? Or do we have to email your mate in India? "

Will tell here - it’s very simple and cheap remedy, one of the ingredients is Honey but rest are not the usual ones like ginger, Lemon etc..

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 32 weeks ago

Reading

"And the remedy was what exactly? Or do we have to email your mate in India?

Will tell here - it’s very simple and cheap remedy, one of the ingredients is Honey but rest are not the usual ones like ginger, Lemon etc.."

Get on with it then…

By *ust RachelTV/TS 32 weeks ago

Eastbourne

"Whiskey, lemon peel and honey . Make sure you not driving afterwards having this recipe. Children's to not attempt at home "

I usually use lemon juice, and add a drop of hot water to warm it up.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 32 weeks ago

Central

Hope you get to keep the healing! You deserve it

By *lice AgainTV/TS 32 weeks ago

Bristol

Many years ago, I was on my way home from a night shift with a bad cough.

The pharmacy was closed but the 24 hour Tesco was open and I grabbed the only thing I could.

Claiming to be 'Potters herbal cough remover', it was a mixture of various herbs and things.

Long story short, it tastes of mud and aniseed and... works.

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

"Whiskey, lemon peel and honey . Make sure you not driving afterwards having this recipe. Children's to not attempt at home "

This 100%

By *allySlinkyWoman 32 weeks ago

Leeds

" one of the ingredients is Honey but rest are not the usual ones like ginger, Lemon etc.."

Is it made from honey badger ?

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

Never buy cough medicine I stick with honey and lemon and Vicks vapour rub

By *allySlinkyWoman 32 weeks ago

Leeds

Will tell here - it’s very simple and cheap remedy, one of the ingredients is Honey but rest are not the usual ones like ginger, Lemon etc.."

Is it Tulsi ?

By *apxxxWoman 32 weeks ago

North Shropshire not Wales!!!ffs & Manchester

Come on!!!....honey and what??..

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 31 weeks ago

Reading

"Come on!!!....honey and what??.. "

Honey and a large dose of BS we suspect

By *evoncream2017Couple 31 weeks ago

exeter

Has he given the recipe yet? I nodded off

It’s like those internet stories after reading 20 pages and al the ads. …… nothing

By *ozapperMan 31 weeks ago

Lancashire

Doubt if the potion will help. We both started with the dreaded COVID cough in Nov last year after a flight to and from Italy and it took 4 months before it went as quick as it came.

Let it work its course. All you can do and are doing is relieving the symptoms.

By (user no longer on site) 29 weeks ago

This is like Richard Prior in Superman 3 trying to find what's in Kryptonite

By *allySlinkyWoman 29 weeks ago

Leeds

OP are you fully recovered now ?

By *ny1localMan 29 weeks ago

READING

Try drinking a large glass of castor oil, you'll be too scared to cough.

By *ucka39Man 29 weeks ago

Newcastle

Honey does the same job as boiled sweets which reduces the coughing

But eating a grapefruit helps as the bitter helps attack the infection so slice sprinkle little sugar

By *omCoyoteMan 29 weeks ago

Northern England

Hmmm. Now what noise does a duck make?

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple 29 weeks ago

Pembrokeshire

pineapple is supposed to be good.

I presume they mean eat or drink it.

By *ldgeezermeMan 29 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

Will tell here - it’s very simple and cheap remedy, one of the ingredients is Honey but rest are not the usual ones like ginger, Lemon etc..

Get on with it then…"

The coughing's stopped

He's dead

By *rNice.Man 29 weeks ago

Doncaster

I've got a cure for bullshit

By *exanthem OP   Man 29 weeks ago

North

So coughing stopped, but not fully cured.. remedy I used was Licorice root powder with white pepper powder, mix them both and take half a teaspoon with small or little drop of honey - 1 hr after dinner and don’t drink or eat anything after it until next day morning. Please note some people may be allergic to the ingredients so please consult your doctor before using it.

"So coughing stopped, but not fully cured.. remedy I used was Licorice root powder with white pepper powder, mix them both and take half a teaspoon with small or little drop of honey - 1 hr after dinner and don’t drink or eat anything after it until next day morning. Please note some people may be allergic to the ingredients so please consult your doctor before using it. "
All good-ish but you've remnants of the cough after nearly 4

weeks and with the miracle-cure too ?

Leeds

I've just read an article from the US government Library of Medicine which says an allegic reaction to honey is a cough !

By *exanthem OP   Man 29 weeks ago

North

"So coughing stopped, but not fully cured.. remedy I used was Licorice root powder with white pepper powder, mix them both and take half a teaspoon with small or little drop of honey - 1 hr after dinner and don’t drink or eat anything after it until next day morning. Please note some people may be allergic to the ingredients so please consult your doctor before using it. All good-ish but you've remnants of the cough after nearly 4

weeks and with the miracle-cure too ?"

It has dropped dramatically- unlike chemical medicine, herbals always take long time but are effective for longer period too…so I haven’t give up on it as I knew how bad my condition was and what relief this herbal mix offered me…I could not talk for more than 10 seconds without uncontrollable coughing. I would say please use your discretion when consuming it..might not be suitable for everyone..I shared it here as it worked for me.

By *ools and the brainCouple 29 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I advise a course of leeches.

By *aramel.desiresMan 29 weeks ago

West London

I highly recommend staying off milk and dairy products.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 29 weeks ago

Durham

"I highly recommend staying off milk and dairy products. "

Any reason it would help coughing?

By *ools and the brainCouple 29 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"I highly recommend staying off milk and dairy products.

Any reason it would help coughing?"

Mucus, ever drank milk and got all snotty.

We are not actually designed to drink cow's milk but we do.

It's odd that people barff at the idea of drinking mother's milk but happy to drink moo cow milk.

Just saying.

Disclaimer I don't drink mother's milk,well not since I was a wee baby waaaa waaaaa

By *ischiefManaged69Couple 29 weeks ago

Chorley

"I advise a course of leeches."

Any reason it would help coughing?"

It’s well documented (by Dr Sebbe amongst many others) that 99per cent of illnesses and diseases can be eliminated through cutting dairy products as many infections are the result of mucous which dairy is an absolute bugger for producing chest infections in particular

Leeds

What do you suggest babies drink ?

By *ardoz121TV/TS 29 weeks ago

Sudbury

goats milk is close to human and is easily digestible. I drink it raw and unpasteurised. I also make up kefir with it.

I find the best cure for colds and a cough is what I call Honeyion. and yes its onion mixed with natural honey ( not supermarket tampered with crap). one spoonful last thing at night and its gone the next day

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 29 weeks ago

Durham

Any reason it would help coughing?

Mucus, ever drank milk and got all snotty.

It's odd that people barff at the idea of drinking mother's milk but happy to drink moo cow milk.

Just saying.

Disclaimer I don't drink mother's milk,well not since I was a wee baby waaaa waaaaa"

Milk is an emulsion of fat and sugar (lactose). Human have evolved to produce an enzyme to produce an enzyme (lactase) to process this sugar. Plant based milk are also an emulsion of fat and sugar. They usually contain chemical additives to improve the emulsion and sometimes added sugar for taste. They are health benefits of not having dairy products, they can be downsides too, but I don't think reducing coughing will be one of them.

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple 29 weeks ago

Somerset

"

"

We weren’t designed, we evolved. One third of the world’s population has evolved to drink milk, including the vast majority of Europeans. Humans used to herd animals and drink milk up to 9,000 years ago, even when they weren’t lactose persistent (tolerant), because the nutritional benefits it gave them outweighed the downsides. 5000 years ago a genetic mutation enabled some Northern European humans to become lactose persistent which conferred such massive health benefits that within the blink of an evolutionary eye, 95% of the population had it. In European genomes it is the single trait most favored by positive natural selection over the past 10,000 years.

By *ools and the brainCouple 28 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"What do you suggest babies drink ?"

Beer

By *allySlinkyWoman 28 weeks ago

Leeds

"What do you suggest babies drink ?

Beer "

You can't give booze to a baby

Unless it's Babysham

By *ools and the brainCouple 28 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"What do you suggest babies drink ?

Beer

You can't give booze to a baby

Unless it's Babysham "

Hey I'll have a babysham

By *I TwoCouple 28 weeks ago

all around

Any reason it would help coughing? It’s well documented (by Dr Sebbe amongst many others) that 99per cent of illnesses and diseases can be eliminated through cutting dairy products as many infections are the result of mucous which dairy is an absolute bugger for producing chest infections in particular "

Was he the quack that was arrested for money laundering?

By (user no longer on site) 28 weeks ago

Any reason it would help coughing? It’s well documented (by Dr Sebbe amongst many others) that 99per cent of illnesses and diseases can be eliminated through cutting dairy products as many infections are the result of mucous which dairy is an absolute bugger for producing chest infections in particular

Was he the quack that was arrested for money laundering?"

Googled him? He was set up yes I follow so much of what he’s suggested and it works brilliantly for me

By *akequeen90Couple 28 weeks ago

Sydney

Ban this guy!

By *orny PTMan 28 weeks ago

Peterborough

Glycerin works for me.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 28 weeks ago

Durham

Any reason it would help coughing? It’s well documented (by Dr Sebbe amongst many others) that 99per cent of illnesses and diseases can be eliminated through cutting dairy products as many infections are the result of mucous which dairy is an absolute bugger for producing chest infections in particular

Was he the quack that was arrested for money laundering?Googled him? He was set up yes I follow so much of what he’s suggested and it works brilliantly for me "

Didn't he die of pneumonia ?

Drink something salty

By *anyaTgirlTV/TS 28 weeks ago

manchester

I have never haad the flu so knew i coukdnt get covid and i didnt lol

By *ucka39Man 28 weeks ago

Newcastle

Make some ginger tea fresh boil some water in a pan let the ginger break down so the residue has come out then add the tea bag boil further then add milk simmer this opens up the breathing apparatus and other parts

Leeds

" Dr Sebbe

Didn't he die of pneumonia ?"

Yes. In prison. And he wasn't a doctor

Was he the quack that was arrested for money laundering?Googled him? He was set up yes I follow so much of what he’s suggested and it works brilliantly for me

Didn't he die of pneumonia ?"

He did - after being given shite food by his captors hence ruining his health. He cured diabetes, erectile dysfunction, incontinence through food. Of course big pharma hated him and are you saying he’s wrong re mucous?! Really I’ve nothing to add. Good day to you

I was reading some research and it was saying viruses linger due to bad gut health- including long COVID. Maybe worth looking into this yourself to see if this works for you. Personally I spend a lot of time, making sure I eat well no processed foods and try to keep gut health- healthy. It works for me. Worth a look. X

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple 28 weeks ago

Somerset

Was he the quack that was arrested for money laundering?Googled him? He was set up yes I follow so much of what he’s suggested and it works brilliantly for me

Didn't he die of pneumonia ? He did - after being given shite food by his captors hence ruining his health. He cured diabetes, erectile dysfunction, incontinence through food. Of course big pharma hated him and are you saying he’s wrong re mucous?! Really I’ve nothing to add. Good day to you "

there is no evidence that drinking milk increases mucous production. It is a myth that goes back at least 800 years and is thought to be based on the feeling in your mouth after drinking milk when it mixed with saliva. Scientific studies have found no evidence for the myth.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 28 weeks ago

Reading

Didn't he die of pneumonia ? He did - after being given shite food by his captors hence ruining his health. He cured diabetes, erectile dysfunction, incontinence through food. Of course big pharma hated him and are you saying he’s wrong re mucous?! Really I’ve nothing to add. Good day to you there is no evidence that drinking milk increases mucous production. It is a myth that goes back at least 800 years and is thought to be based on the feeling in your mouth after drinking milk when it mixed with saliva. Scientific studies have found no evidence for the myth. "

But why let the facts get in the way of (yet) another conspiracy theory

By *I TwoCouple 28 weeks ago

all around

Wasn't there a legendary guy who made a car engine run on water and he "mysteriously" vanished ?

By *penbicoupleCouple 28 weeks ago

Northampton

"I find the best cure for colds and a cough is what I call Honeyion. and yes its onion mixed with natural honey ( not supermarket tampered with crap). one spoonful last thing at night and its gone the next day"

Every single cold and cough is gone the next day?

Northampton

Any reason it would help coughing? It’s well documented (by Dr Sebbe amongst many others) that 99per cent of illnesses and diseases can be eliminated through cutting dairy products as many infections are the result of mucous which dairy is an absolute bugger for producing chest infections in particular "

I'm genuinely curious how you define 'well documented'?

Leeds

"I find the best cure for colds and a cough is what I call Honeyion. and yes its onion mixed with natural honey ( not supermarket tampered with crap). one spoonful last thing at night and its gone the next day

Every single cold and cough is gone the next day?"

Why not take it every day and never catch a cold or cough ?

Leeds

I'm genuinely curious how you define 'well documented'? "

I'm genuinely curious why hospitals serve tea/coffee with milk plus cereal with milk for patients' breakfasts if it's so well documented that 99% of illnesses and diseases could be eliminated by avoiding it.

By *ary69321Man 28 weeks ago

Newcastle upon tyne

Pineapple juice, that's what I use for a cough, my dad had a really bad cough, tried all the cough medicines nothing would work, I told him try pineapple juice, I said it's not going to kill you, I said you have more chance of me killing you lol, he tried it two cartons from Sainsbury's and it was gone.

Durham

"Pineapple juice, that's what I use for a cough, my dad had a really bad cough, tried all the cough medicines nothing would work, I told him try pineapple juice, I said it's not going to kill you, I said you have more chance of me killing you lol, he tried it two cartons from Sainsbury's and it was gone."

Pineapple juice is generally pretty harmless, can't beat a bit of ethyl butyrate however it can stop some types of medication working so people should check.

By *aramel.desiresMan 28 weeks ago

West London

I did not realise my comment started a conversation.

Some people have added some good comments and references and definitely worth investing more.

I use to drink milk every day with my protein shakes and always had a little cough. Lots of mucus and flem. It was not pleasant working in the office with me. In the winter it would develop into a chest infection and antibiotics only reduces it by 50%. Using a process of elimination I stopped milk. About 2 weeks later the cough had gone. I continued with the protein shakes so it was not that. 4 years later I have not been sick, no cough or flu once (covid 3 times). Clear chest and breathing.

You can drink milk in small doses without a problem but if it makes your mucus thick try stopping. Kir is really good.

I am also stopping sugar, and processed foods. I am not a conspiracy kind of person but please read and understand what you are eating. Sugar is in EVERYTHING. Foods labels as healthy are not that healthy. Also if interested try fasting that has been a game changer for me.

I still gym 4 times a week, drink beer and giving females oral. I can’t give up all life’s pleasures.

West London

I'm genuinely curious why hospitals serve tea/coffee with milk plus cereal with milk for patients' breakfasts if it's so well documented that 99% of illnesses and diseases could be eliminated by avoiding it. "

I totally agree.

It is obvious we have to look out for ourselves. Too much money in a sick population. Too muck money in foods that make us sick.

Durham

I'm genuinely curious why hospitals serve tea/coffee with milk plus cereal with milk for patients' breakfasts if it's so well documented that 99% of illnesses and diseases could be eliminated by avoiding it.

I totally agree.

It is obvious we have to look out for ourselves. Too much money in a sick population. Too muck money in foods that make us sick. "

Genuine question how does drinking milk cause coughing. As a scientist I can't see a possible way it could? It's just sugar fat protein and water. Loads of things contain those things. Even if you lacked lactase you would it would just pass through the gut. Another poster says they stopped cough after not putting milk in their protein drink. The protein drink will almost certainly have whey in it which just so happens to come from milk.

West London

I totally agree.

It is obvious we have to look out for ourselves. Too much money in a sick population. Too muck money in foods that make us sick.

Genuine question how does drinking milk cause coughing. As a scientist I can't see a possible way it could? It's just sugar fat protein and water. Loads of things contain those things. Even if you lacked lactase you would it would just pass through the gut. Another poster says they stopped cough after not putting milk in their protein drink. The protein drink will almost certainly have whey in it which just so happens to come from milk."

I now stopped the milk and protein. I’m not a scientist so can’t prove it that way. It worked for me, and I’m a lot healthier. That’s all I can say.

By *anceLinkMan 28 weeks ago

Tyneside

Need Organic Honey.

Put in Garlic Cloves or Chopped Red Onions..Seel Jar... occasionally letting out air.

Leave for a week or two.

Sip the Honey.

Garlic & Onions contain anti bacterial

Northampton

"Need Organic Honey.

Put in Garlic Cloves or Chopped Red Onions..Seel Jar... occasionally letting out air.

Leave for a week or two.

Sip the Honey.

Garlic & Onions contain anti bacterial "

Anti-bacterial what?

By *londebiguyMan 28 weeks ago

Southport

"Need Organic Honey.

Leave for a week or two.

Sip the Honey.

Garlic & Onions contain anti bacterial "

Try adding cinnamon too.

Leeds

"4 years later I have not been sick, no cough or flu once (covid 3 times).

"

You don't class catching Covid as being sick ?

By *londebiguyMan 28 weeks ago

Southport

The only thing that I can add to the milk debate is that I sat next to a professor on a flight and chatted.

He said he would recommend everyone to take as little dairy products as possible.

If we do then it should really be from sheep or goats rather than cows .

It made sense when he said that we are the only mammals to drink the breast milk of another mammal and that cows milk is far too powerful for our bodies as it is to grow a calf into a huge cow or bull.

No other mammals drink milk (unless opportunistically) after they are weaned.

I've not d*unk any significant quantity of milk for more than 8 years (despite being half Dutch- everything is about dairy) now my allergies and breathing improved massively and I no longer snore.

Convinced me that he is right.

Leeds

"

You can drink milk in small doses without a problem but if it makes your mucus thick try stopping. Kir is really good.

"

Kir - the cocktail of crême de cassis and white wine ? I think it's really good too.

By *ackformore100Man 28 weeks ago

Tin town

Didn't he die of pneumonia ? He did - after being given shite food by his captors hence ruining his health. He cured diabetes, erectile dysfunction, incontinence through food. Of course big pharma hated him and are you saying he’s wrong re mucous?! Really I’ve nothing to add. Good day to you there is no evidence that drinking milk increases mucous production. It is a myth that goes back at least 800 years and is thought to be based on the feeling in your mouth after drinking milk when it mixed with saliva. Scientific studies have found no evidence for the myth. "

Science blablabla... I hate that argument. I have evidence... Guaranteed if I have a cough and drink milk it gets worse... If I don't... It doesn't... Science that.

Northampton

"The only thing that I can add to the milk debate is that I sat next to a professor on a flight and chatted.

"

Professor of what?

"If we do then it should really be from sheep or goats rather than cows .

It made sense when he said that we are the only mammals to drink the breast milk of another mammal and that cows milk is far too powerful for our bodies as it is to grow a calf into a huge cow or bull.

"

No other mammals use a mobile phone either. Or eat the flesh of another mammal after frying it and mixing with pasta and some salad.

It really *doesn't* make sense.

By *ackformore100Man 28 weeks ago

Tin town

"The only thing that I can add to the milk debate is that I sat next to a professor on a flight and chatted.

Professor of what?

If we do then it should really be from sheep or goats rather than cows .

No other mammals use a mobile phone either. Or eat the flesh of another mammal after frying it and mixing with pasta and some salad.

It really *doesn't* make sense. "

Revenge of the dairy herd...

West London

"4 years later I have not been sick, no cough or flu once (covid 3 times).

You don't class catching Covid as being sick ?"

Nope because it doesn't go on your sick card at work.

By *otsossieMan 28 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

Bloody does now

By *otsossieMan 28 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

"Milk"

Lactose intolerance is genetic and runs loosely along racial lines.

It is nothing to do with snoring, this is because the upper throat relaxes too much, or because of nasal congestion.

I found when I was doing lots of exercise I didn’t snore, and when I stopped, I did.

» Add a new message to this topic