FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid. Bugger.

Covid. Bugger.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS 31 weeks ago

Stockport

Yes, I've got it. Big red line across the test. I suppose the fact that it's taken four years to get me shows that by and large my precautionary measures have worked.

New aim: accept that it's impossible to avoid covid entirely, but ensure that the number of times I catch it are minimal, with more than enough time between for my body to heal even the invisible internal damage.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 31 weeks ago

Watford

I can't see the point in testing. All you now have, is a name for your malady. And it could well be a false positive!

You're no better off having tested and confirmed that it's covid, than had you not tested at all.

My other half is currently showing covid symptoms but what's the point in testing, just to get a name for the illness. It'll either get better or worse.

In the case of it getting worse, had we tested and got a positive result for covid, we'd be able to tell the medical people that we'd used a notoriously poor test and it showed up as covid. They would do a more accurate test and treat it for flu as normal.

These tests are abysmally inaccurate, so again, what benefit did you get from testing?

It'll get better almost certainly, or will get worse. The test made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Stockport

Yeah, well... medical research coming in now is proving everything that I've been worrying and shouting about for the last four years. Covid isn't flu. It's an infection that is capable of hiding inside the body and causing long lasting damage for months or years after initial symptoms subside. Some people that have had multiple infections now have immune systems that are less effective than advanced AIDS sufferers. The heightened occurrences of paediatric liver disease have been proved to be due to covid. On any single day, approximately 20% of the UK's workforce are now sick and unable to work - and that's nothing to do with immigrants or trans people or whatever other bullshit the government is blaming it on.

The government is having to fix the stats in order to cover up that the death rate is now higher than it has been for nearly a hundred years. But that will do nothing to fix the tsunami that is coming down over the next two years.

I'm probably going to be okay in the big scale of things, unless I'm unlucky. Having already reached my age, there is every chance that I won't die more than a couple of years earlier because of covid. But forty year olds might be luck to reach 70. Thirty year olds possibly 55. Twenty year olds maybe 40. A lot of ten year olds will never see 25.

It won't get fixed while people keep minimising the scale of the problem.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 31 weeks ago

Watford

So what benefit did testing and getting a positive for covid actually do to help you?

Had you not tested at all, what would the actual difference be to you, other than now having a name for your condition?

By *allySlinkyWoman 31 weeks ago

Leeds

I am recently recovered after being ill for a month. I had all the symptoms but tested negative (which was lucky as it meant I could go to my hospital appointment for something else). Whether what I had was labelled Covid or not wouldn't have made me feel any different.

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

Get well soon Polly.

Hope you’re not too symptomatic x

Stockport

"So what benefit did testing and getting a positive for covid actually do to help you?

Had you not tested at all, what would the actual difference be to you, other than now having a name for your condition?"

Me personally, very little. However the aggregate effect of EVERYBODY minimising covid means that the government gets away with claiming that it's all over, and there is zero officially funded research into future treatments and better vaccines.

Humour me for a moment and suppose that my fears about the long term effects of covid on the human body are justified. As indeed what little independent research being carried out is starting to indicate. Would you rather wait until vast numbers of people are dropping dead and there is no time to find effective cures? Or have some proper world wide research being conducted now to examine outcomes, make plans from an informed perspective, and maybe have some decent treatment.

If I am right, then there has been an investment into ensuring the continuation of human civilization. If I am wrong, there has been an investment into better understanding of cellular biology that almost certainly will cross-link into better treatments for all manner of other conditions. It's a win-win investment.

On the other hand, ignoring the problem entirely means that politicians get let off from any comeback against the wrong decisions that we all know they made four years ago, and they have more money to embezzle / piss up a tree. And if you're wrong, then we are all totally fucked in a few years time (no good saying that you've got money and health, you'll be okay - capitalism won't survive twelve months if 20% of the workforce dies).

Your argument is that uninformed blind hope and belief is good. My argument is that that is nonsense, and the entire basis of our current society rests upon informed planning.

But hey, if I'm wrong, you get to crow over me being a worry wart sheeple, I will take that criticism and say yes I was stupid. But if you're wrong at least one of us will be dead, there will be no more fab because nobody to run the global computer systems that the internet depends upon, and there will be no way for you to apologise.

Me: we're speeding towards a cliff, let's do something.

You: ah, it'll be fine, might just be an optical illusion, press the accelerator harder.

By *irty_DeedsMan 31 weeks ago

Teesside

"Yeah, well... medical research coming in now is proving everything that I've been worrying and shouting about for the last four years. Covid isn't flu. It's an infection that is capable of hiding inside the body and causing long lasting damage for months or years after initial symptoms subside. Some people that have had multiple infections now have immune systems that are less effective than advanced AIDS sufferers. The heightened occurrences of paediatric liver disease have been proved to be due to covid. On any single day, approximately 20% of the UK's workforce are now sick and unable to work - and that's nothing to do with immigrants or trans people or whatever other bullshit the government is blaming it on.

The government is having to fix the stats in order to cover up that the death rate is now higher than it has been for nearly a hundred years. But that will do nothing to fix the tsunami that is coming down over the next two years.

I'm probably going to be okay in the big scale of things, unless I'm unlucky. Having already reached my age, there is every chance that I won't die more than a couple of years earlier because of covid. But forty year olds might be luck to reach 70. Thirty year olds possibly 55. Twenty year olds maybe 40. A lot of ten year olds will never see 25.

It won't get fixed while people keep minimising the scale of the problem. "

Sounds very similar to what the anti vax brigades have been claiming vaccines do to your body and immune system. I'm gonna go grab my tin foil hat just incase!

By *csheffMan 31 weeks ago

Sheffield

"So what benefit did testing and getting a positive for covid actually do to help you?

Had you not tested at all, what would the actual difference be to you, other than now having a name for your condition?

Me personally, very little. However the aggregate effect of EVERYBODY minimising covid means that the government gets away with claiming that it's all over, and there is zero officially funded research into future treatments and better vaccines.

Humour me for a moment and suppose that my fears about the long term effects of covid on the human body are justified. As indeed what little independent research being carried out is starting to indicate. Would you rather wait until vast numbers of people are dropping dead and there is no time to find effective cures? Or have some proper world wide research being conducted now to examine outcomes, make plans from an informed perspective, and maybe have some decent treatment.

If I am right, then there has been an investment into ensuring the continuation of human civilization. If I am wrong, there has been an investment into better understanding of cellular biology that almost certainly will cross-link into better treatments for all manner of other conditions. It's a win-win investment.

On the other hand, ignoring the problem entirely means that politicians get let off from any comeback against the wrong decisions that we all know they made four years ago, and they have more money to embezzle / piss up a tree. And if you're wrong, then we are all totally fucked in a few years time (no good saying that you've got money and health, you'll be okay - capitalism won't survive twelve months if 20% of the workforce dies).

Your argument is that uninformed blind hope and belief is good. My argument is that that is nonsense, and the entire basis of our current society rests upon informed planning.

But hey, if I'm wrong, you get to crow over me being a worry wart sheeple, I will take that criticism and say yes I was stupid. But if you're wrong at least one of us will be dead, there will be no more fab because nobody to run the global computer systems that the internet depends upon, and there will be no way for you to apologise.

Me: we're speeding towards a cliff, let's do something.

You: ah, it'll be fine, might just be an optical illusion, press the accelerator harder."

More quackery then the covid deniers and flat earthers..

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

Had to laugh seeing the new test is for covid19/ flu! ????

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 31 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Had you not tested at all, what would the actual difference be to you, other than now having a name for your condition?"

I test for any symptoms. As if I get it , my daughter needs to be isolated from me.... some of us need to know if its covid.

By *alandNitaCouple 31 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

It means Polly can take appropriate actions so it isn't passed on to vulnerable people.

I struggle to grasp why people are still unable to see the benefits.

If I thought I had it again, I would do a test, and have done. I do not want to risk giving it to my elderly gran or my parents.

Nita

By *melie LALWoman 30 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Had to laugh seeing the new test is for covid19/ flu! ????"

Please elaborate what you're on about.

By *irty_DeedsMan 30 weeks ago

Teesside

It means Polly can take appropriate actions so it isn't passed on to vulnerable people.

I struggle to grasp why people are still unable to see the benefits.

If I thought I had it again, I would do a test, and have done. I do not want to risk giving it to my elderly gran or my parents.

Nita"

Do you regularly go around others when you are sick? Or is it just covid you worry about passing on?

Personally if I have any symptoms that would make me think Id need to test for covid I'll already be staying away from those I'd consider vulnerable.

By *.L.0460.Woman 30 weeks ago

Bognor Regis

I felt really rough on Saturday, so I tested & unsurprisingly it was positive. For me, the only benefit is that I can take sick time from work without knowing that they're cursing me & discussing whether or not I'm REALLY too poorly to come in! Lol!! People tend to take it more seriously if you prove it's Covid & not just an unnamed bug!!

By *G1988Couple 30 weeks ago

East Yorkshire

Still playing Covid? Haha.

By * New YorkieMan 30 weeks ago

Leeds

Just recovering from Covid and its day 17 and still popping positive on test..

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 30 weeks ago

wonderland.

"Still playing Covid? Haha."
what do you mean by playing covid?

By *host63Man 30 weeks ago

Bedfont Feltham

The difference is knowing you have it, which means you. An isolate yourself from others to prevent them from getting it.

Confirmation you have Covid so that if your condition gets worse. God forbid you need hospital. Those that come for you can take the appropriate precautions so you don't end up killing someone.

It's common sense, really.

By (user no longer on site) 30 weeks ago

get well soon. don't bother listening oe paying attention to some of the comments. do what you need to do to get better. follow the science and docs advice. keep well x

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS 30 weeks ago

Stockport

Thanks for all the useful and supportive comments

Covid minimisers, suck my d...

("diagnosis" obviously, I'm well brought up and proper polite I am)

Teesside

"The difference is knowing you have it, which means you. An isolate yourself from others to prevent them from getting it.

Confirmation you have Covid so that if your condition gets worse. God forbid you need hospital. Those that come for you can take the appropriate precautions so you don't end up killing someone.

It's common sense, really."

So if it's not covid do you tend to not care and pass on whatever you are infected with?

By *aucasian GhandiMan 30 weeks ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

So I'm suffering with covid atm, having a test which tells me that I have covid, now gives me the choice of doing the right thing, as not to pass it on to others or not, I choose to do the right thing by others.

Bognor Regis

I don't get people. If someone posted a thread saying they had flu, everyone would simply say 'get well soon' but because someone did a test & have posted that they have Covid, people are making unpleasant comments

I currently have it too & I only tested because my employers policy is still different if you have it. I don't expect people to make bitter or sarcastic comments because of it!!

I guess these these forums can help in bulk blocking unpleasant folk

Teesside

"So I'm suffering with covid atm, having a test which tells me that I have covid, now gives me the choice of doing the right thing, as not to pass it on to others or not, I choose to do the right thing by others."
If you are sick you shouldn't be passing it about regardless of whether it's covid or not.

If you are sick enough to think "Oh I need to test see if this is covid" maybe avoiding people is the best course of action anyway. Flu still kills a lot of people and even a cold could take out someone who is vulnerable.

Each to their own though.

By *eroLondonMan 30 weeks ago

Mayfair

Get well soon, Pølly.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 30 weeks ago

wonderland.

"So I'm suffering with covid atm, having a test which tells me that I have covid, now gives me the choice of doing the right thing, as not to pass it on to others or not, I choose to do the right thing by others.If you are sick you shouldn't be passing it about regardless of whether it's covid or not.

If you are sick enough to think "Oh I need to test see if this is covid" maybe avoiding people is the best course of action anyway. Flu still kills a lot of people and even a cold could take out someone who is vulnerable.

Each to their own though. "

but for some of us we live with people that yes we will try to avoid if poorly but covid adds a new level of risk. If I test positive I need to isolate and preferably get my daughter somewhere else ... and if I test positive I have to test her daily symptoms or not as she will get sent medication if she tests positive

By *launt Thy CurvesCouple (FF) 30 weeks ago

Club we're hosting at

Get well soon Polly!

I have it too btw but this is third time for me. I have Paxlovid antiviral this time though and it's the best covid I've had yet (never thought I'd say something like that!)

Last 2 times I was horribly ill and in hospital

Sickie hugs coming at ya from across the ocean x

By *launt Thy CurvesCouple (FF) 30 weeks ago

Club we're hosting at

"I don't get people. If someone posted a thread saying they had flu, everyone would simply say 'get well soon' but because someone did a test & have posted that they have Covid, people are making unpleasant comments

I currently have it too & I only tested because my employers policy is still different if you have it. I don't expect people to make bitter or sarcastic comments because of it!!

I guess these these forums can help in bulk blocking unpleasant folk "

Fully agree with this! Get well soon x

Bognor Regis

"I don't get people. If someone posted a thread saying they had flu, everyone would simply say 'get well soon' but because someone did a test & have posted that they have Covid, people are making unpleasant comments

I guess these these forums can help in bulk blocking unpleasant folk

Fully agree with this! Get well soon x"

Thanks you too xx

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS 30 weeks ago

Stockport

"So I'm suffering with covid atm, having a test which tells me that I have covid, now gives me the choice of doing the right thing, as not to pass it on to others or not, I choose to do the right thing by others.If you are sick you shouldn't be passing it about regardless of whether it's covid or not.

Of course avoiding other people when sick is advisable, especially when the type of sickness is unknown. However by using whatever type of diagnostic aids are at my disposal I can make more informed decisions about medication and allowed levels of interactions with others.

The covid LFT is quick and I still have a few in the house, it seldom gives false positives (though can give false negatives especially if viral level is marginal), so gave me a simple method of saying "okay I should apply covid level precautions and use covid applicable medications, and I need to keep isolated for at least X days even after I feel better".

If my test had been negative I would have said "Okay, I am obviously still ill, I need to do other things to diagnose the problem. No spots so it's not measles, so whatever it is will probably be less infectious than covid would be (as only measles is higher), I must still stay away from people but I can lower my biohazard worries by one notch. What else could it be?". Etc.

By the time I got down to "my symptoms exactly match the bronchial troubles I get if I inhale pet hair" and look taking an anti-histamine has fixed it, then I might assume there was little chance of passing it on to anybody else.

On the other hand if I was unable to identify the type of disease, and my symptoms continued to increase, then at some point I might make the (informed) choice to request professional medical help, giving due warning to anyone who might attend that it could be advisable for them to use personal protection.

Of course when starting a thread telling friends (who might be interested in the fact that I'm unwell) that I've self-diagnosed with covid, I don't write thousands of words describing all the other possibilities that I considered and rejected. And having got the covid self-diagnosis I may as well include it in the message, as this gives my friends extra information they might be interested in. There is certainly no subtext implied that if my test had been negative, but I still knew I was sick with something, that I would then rush out to crowded spaces and start coughing on everybody. My message instead might have been more like "Hey folks I'm ill with something but I don't know what it is yet. A covid test showed negative, so it _might_ not be that, I'll check a bunch of other stuff and let you know what I find. In the meantime though I'll keep assuming it could be something quite infectious, so the sex party planned for this weekend is temporarily on hold I'm afraid. If I find it's just a dog hair in my throat though, we can all still get naked on Saturday night."

Does that give a sufficient reason for actually trying to find what's wrong when I'm ill?

TLDR: WTF is wrong with people that regard it as some kind of crime to actually identify the disease when you're sick?

By *oshua.LMan 30 weeks ago

slough

"Yes, I've got it. Big red line across the test. I suppose the fact that it's taken four years to get me shows that by and large my precautionary measures have worked.

New aim: accept that it's impossible to avoid covid entirely, but ensure that the number of times I catch it are minimal, with more than enough time between for my body to heal even the invisible internal damage."

I got it last year, having already had 3 jabs. Fealt like shit for 2 days, then fine. Have had 3 or 4 bad chest infections since, but no hospital visits. Imagine what it might have been like if I hadn’t had any jabs.

And I’m not a big social mixing type of person, so surprised I got it at all!

Get well soon.

Why do you have such a problem if I choose to use a tool at my disposable to find out wtf is wrong with me....

By *reciousThingsCouple 30 weeks ago

Birmingham

stop looking for it & it doesn't exist

By *ophieslutTV/TS 30 weeks ago

Central

Hope you get to feel better soon Polly . And that nothing lingers.

I will still test, if I think I may be infected, I think it's the intelligent thing to do

"stop looking for it & it doesn't exist"

Are we talking about Santa now

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 30 weeks ago

"stop looking for it & it doesn't exist

Are we talking about Santa now "

maybe the easter bunny..

By *eroLondonMan 30 weeks ago

Mayfair

"stop looking for it & it doesn't exist

·

Are we talking about Santa now "

They're talking about Dogging Blankets™.

By *ools and the brainCouple 30 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"stop looking for it & it doesn't exist"

You tube doctor's speaking the "truth" ??

By *hironMan 30 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

"Yes, I've got it. Big red line across the test. I suppose the fact that it's taken four years to get me shows that by and large my precautionary measures have worked.

New aim: accept that it's impossible to avoid covid entirely, but ensure that the number of times I catch it are minimal, with more than enough time between for my body to heal even the invisible internal damage."

What were your precautionary measures prior to your positive test?

Did you do anything that may be considered unusual that would be beneficial to others?

By *oobylicious6986Woman 30 weeks ago

Blackpool

Wow!!!! reading all these comments most of you have not got a clue. I got covid in 2021 2 years on im housebound, unable to walk much, struggle to care for myself and lost my job of 25 years. Im in and out of hospital under so many specialists. Covid has wrecked my life yes im grateful to still be alive but i also want my happy healthy life back the way i was 2 years ago but can't see that happening anytime soon. It can happen to any of you so just be mindful while your laughing and thinking covid didn't or doesnt exist

Bognor Regis

New aim: accept that it's impossible to avoid covid entirely, but ensure that the number of times I catch it are minimal, with more than enough time between for my body to heal even the invisible internal damage.

Wow!!!! reading all these comments most of you have not got a clue. I got covid in 2021 2 years on im housebound, unable to walk much, struggle to care for myself and lost my job of 25 years. Im in and out of hospital under so many specialists. Covid has wrecked my life yes im grateful to still be alive but i also want my happy healthy life back the way i was 2 years ago but can't see that happening anytime soon. It can happen to any of you so just be mindful while your laughing and thinking covid didn't or doesnt exist "

How awful

Sending hugs

By *oobylicious6986Woman 30 weeks ago

Blackpool

Wow!!!! reading all these comments most of you have not got a clue. I got covid in 2021 2 years on im housebound, unable to walk much, struggle to care for myself and lost my job of 25 years. Im in and out of hospital under so many specialists. Covid has wrecked my life yes im grateful to still be alive but i also want my happy healthy life back the way i was 2 years ago but can't see that happening anytime soon. It can happen to any of you so just be mindful while your laughing and thinking covid didn't or doesnt exist

How awful

Sending hugs"

Aw thank you very much

Teesside

Why do you have such a problem if I choose to use a tool at my disposable to find out wtf is wrong with me...."

My problem is the claim that testing gives you the option "to do the right thing". You have that option regardless. If you are sick don't go around spreading it. Regardless of what it is.

Do all the tests you want but let's not pretend to exist on some moral high ground because you do so.

By *alandNitaCouple 30 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

Why do you have such a problem if I choose to use a tool at my disposable to find out wtf is wrong with me....My problem is the claim that testing gives you the option "to do the right thing". You have that option regardless. If you are sick don't go around spreading it. Regardless of what it is.

Do all the tests you want but let's not pretend to exist on some moral high ground because you do so."

Would having a cold not require a different response to having Covid?

Cal

Why do you have such a problem if I choose to use a tool at my disposable to find out wtf is wrong with me....My problem is the claim that testing gives you the option "to do the right thing". You have that option regardless. If you are sick don't go around spreading it. Regardless of what it is.

Do all the tests you want but let's not pretend to exist on some moral high ground because you do so.

Would having a cold not require a different response to having Covid?

Cal"

this definitely for me as I've explained. For me a positive covid test means I have to test my daughter daily and keep her isolated from me and preferably at another place. As if she then tests positive she gets medication x

Do all the tests you want but let's not pretend to exist on some moral high ground because you do so."

Who mentioned any moral highground, ooh wait that was you. If your going to highlight something, or rip apart something I said, at least being something that's not apparent to 100 per cent sane human beings, you bring a mute and pointless argument.

By *ervert-1Man 30 weeks ago

, helens

??????????????????????

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 30 weeks ago

Watford

What does all of that have to do with my question?

So you get symptoms. It could be covid; it could be flu, or a cold, or something else.

You now have an unknown illness. Testing and getting a 'confirmation' of covid makes no difference. All you now have is a positive test using a notoriously inaccurate device, which tells you that your now mystery illness has been identified (but possibly a false positive).

Let's say that the lateral flow test is 100% accurate, always. Great, your mystery illness now has a name, so what do you do now? The answer is that there's nothing you can do. Sure, you can keep away from others to hopefully not pass it on, but then again, why wouldn't you do exactly that for a cold or flu? Surely you would in any case, regardless of if you have a name for the illness or not!

My point is that testing has resulted in absolutely no difference other than you might possibly have identified it as covid rather than seasonal flu.

By *ools and the brainCouple 30 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"What does all of that have to do with my question?

So you get symptoms. It could be covid; it could be flu, or a cold, or something else.

You now have an unknown illness. Testing and getting a 'confirmation' of covid makes no difference. All you now have is a positive test using a notoriously inaccurate device, which tells you that your now mystery illness has been identified (but possibly a false positive).

Let's say that the lateral flow test is 100% accurate, always. Great, your mystery illness now has a name, so what do you do now? The answer is that there's nothing you can do. Sure, you can keep away from others to hopefully not pass it on, but then again, why wouldn't you do exactly that for a cold or flu? Surely you would in any case, regardless of if you have a name for the illness or not!

My point is that testing has resulted in absolutely no difference other than you might possibly have identified it as covid rather than seasonal flu."

If your not bothered about it,why are you so bothered about it?

"What does all of that have to do with my question?

My point is that testing has resulted in absolutely no difference other than you might possibly have identified it as covid rather than seasonal flu."

you obviously have chosen to ignore the points I've made... yes it makes a big bloody difference to some.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 30 weeks ago

Watford

"you obviously have chosen to ignore the points I've made... yes it makes a big bloody difference to some. "

Yes, but what difference did testing actually make, other than you now think you have identified it as covid?

Whatever the illness was, covid or not, you'd still avoid infecting others, you'd still take paracetamol and other tablets to alleviate the symptoms, etc.

I seriously cannot see any difference in if you had tested or hadn't tested. You'd still have whatever illness and you'd still want to avoid passing it on to others by keeping a distance, and you'd still have to take remedies to help with the symptoms.

Just saying "it makes a bloody big difference to some' doesn't answer any of my question.

I genuinely want to know what difference testing and getting a confirmation of covid made to any aspect of your illness, other than giving it a name.

"you obviously have chosen to ignore the points I've made... yes it makes a big bloody difference to some.

Yes, but what difference did testing actually make, other than you now think you have identified it as covid?

Whatever the illness was, covid or not, you'd still avoid infecting others, you'd still take paracetamol and other tablets to alleviate the symptoms, etc.

I seriously cannot see any difference in if you had tested or hadn't tested. You'd still have whatever illness and you'd still want to avoid passing it on to others by keeping a distance, and you'd still have to take remedies to help with the symptoms.

Just saying "it makes a bloody big difference to some' doesn't answer any of my question.

I genuinely want to know what difference testing and getting a confirmation of covid made to any aspect of your illness, other than giving it a name."

Perhaps read what I put already. I have to test my daughter daily of I test positive for covid and keep her isolated from me... also if she tests positive we are given medication for covid. So as I said. To some it makes a big difference

Peterborough

"you obviously have chosen to ignore the points I've made... yes it makes a big bloody difference to some.

I genuinely want to know what difference testing and getting a confirmation of covid made to any aspect of your illness, other than giving it a name."

Some of us have to because of being patient-facing staff.

By *anky_PankyWoman 30 weeks ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

For me it made me aware that if I didn't want to end up in hospital again, that I should go get the anti virals required. I did the same back in swine flu times too and I would for any other illness that impacts my asthmatic chest.

By *uggers22Man 30 weeks ago

Maidstone

In my 'job' today I 'dealt' with a person who had recently undergone surgery and was therefore vulnerable to infection.

A 'person' who was undergoing active nuclear therapy for Cancer.

A 'person' who had no immune system.

Had I felt poorly and not tested, I could have passed them their death sentence.

Had I felt poorly and tested, I could prevent passing it onto them

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS 30 weeks ago

London

Tested before my flight back from Germany after feeling strange. I saw the feint line appear. I didn’t want to believe it. I have self imposed myself to stay here until I negative. I don’t want it on my conscience that I have shared it with anyone vulnerable on flight, mask or no mask.

London

Knowing I have Covid meant I can plan how to deal with it. Yes I would have still protected others if I had flu or a common cold, but the daily changing symptoms of covid mean I can manage my own care better, like how to sleep (not on my back but on my side or front), being prepared for fever, body aches, gastrointestinal distress etc.

By *ox1 red leaderMan 30 weeks ago

farnham

I have to say.... Wtf did you all do before covid came along??? What "tests" did you take when ill to not infect granny or your vulnerable kids and risk them with death.... Fml ridiculous!! Give your heads a bloody good wobble

London

"I have to say.... Wtf did you all do before covid came along??? What "tests" did you take when ill to not infect granny or your vulnerable kids and risk them with death.... Fml ridiculous!! Give your heads a bloody good wobble "

Are you the kind of guy who has never had an sti test ?

By *olymalelincsMan 30 weeks ago

nr spalding

I hope you are feeling better now Poly, I know when I got it I was rough as hell for about a week then had a couple of weeks of no energy and havoc with my asthma.

"I have to say.... Wtf did you all do before covid came along??? What "tests" did you take when ill to not infect granny or your vulnerable kids and risk them with death.... Fml ridiculous!! Give your heads a bloody good wobble "
please have a word with yourself.... yes some of us need to test to protect our vulnerable relatives

Bognor Regis

Yet again, the forums help out the imbeciles.

It's everybody's choice whether they test or not & they don't deserve people like you being nasty to them for making that choice.

By *ravelling_WilburyMan 30 weeks ago

Beverley

"I can't see the point in testing. All you now have, is a name for your malady. And it could well be a false positive!

You're no better off having tested and confirmed that it's covid, than had you not tested at all.

My other half is currently showing covid symptoms but what's the point in testing, just to get a name for the illness. It'll either get better or worse.

In the case of it getting worse, had we tested and got a positive result for covid, we'd be able to tell the medical people that we'd used a notoriously poor test and it showed up as covid. They would do a more accurate test and treat it for flu as normal.

These tests are abysmally inaccurate, so again, what benefit did you get from testing?

It'll get better almost certainly, or will get worse. The test made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

"

No they are not. They are 98% accurate. It's also ridiculously more infectious than regular flu. Why is this so fucking difficult to understand after nearly 4 years?

By *orny PTMan 30 weeks ago

Peterborough

I've finally caught it for the first time too and I used to be a face mask wearing covid cleaner, it holds the D10 mist in place

I have often said, "i'm more worried about cold and flu, than covid (as I suffer really bad with them)", flu jabs a re useful: sadly cold jabs might never be a reality.

Testing is useful, if you mix with medical/care staff as sharing isn't caring for their patients/clients.

By *oastal1968Man 30 weeks ago

London

Everyone where I work just crack on. If your too ill for work: don't come in. If you can work:come in. We're all going to get it at some time. But in fairness I've had worse flu. Nobody tests. We all just get on with it. Life goes on until it stops.

By *ust JuicyWoman 30 weeks ago

east london

I caught it from meeting someone from here who didn’t think it was worth doing a test

I've still escaped it....so far....5th Pfizer shot recently....even though lots have declined the jab.... I'll keep going....fk it....zero reactions to Pfizer....

Peterborough

"I caught it from meeting someone from here who didn’t think it was worth doing a test "

An fti , a fab transmitted infection

"I caught it from meeting someone from here who didn’t think it was worth doing a test

An fti , a fab transmitted infection"

Good One....an FTI....

I like your wit

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS 29 weeks ago

Stockport

Covid symptoms all gone now, though haven't retested yet to see if properly clear. But it has left me with a very nasty cough from a secondary infection in my chest. Doctor has put me on antibiotics, hoping this will get me right soon.

By *melie LALWoman 29 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I caught it from meeting someone from here who didn’t think it was worth doing a test

An fti , a fab transmitted infection

Good One....an FTI....

I like your wit "

I'm here all week

» Add a new message to this topic